Many learning management system (LMS) platforms offer various crucial features that can be utilized whenever you create meaningful content. While there may be plenty of sites that let you make use of modern marketing tools to market your courses to your target audience, some may not have most of these features. While some provide easy-to-use course-building tools, there will be a few that provide editing options so complex that it turns off its users.
Among a sea of e-course platforms There are some that offer not just an easy editing interface, but also an array of sales and marketing functions. In addition to that they also provide you with nearly all you can think of, from 24/7 help and training resources to top-notch analytics. All-in-one platforms for courses allow you to discover the world beyond your boundaries One of them that offer it effortlessly is Kajabi.
In a nutshell: Kajabi: What exactly is Kajabi? Kajabi Above The Line
Kajabi can be described as an online service that lets you make and sell your course content to your customers. It is marketed as a complete service and platform for edupreneurs, Kajabi offers edupren all aspects of their lives with the most efficient and necessary features that will not only create a professional site for your courses, but let them grow to higher levels. Kajabi has been critically acclaimed and regarded as one of the top online courses platforms, earning an overwhelming positive score with a score of 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-received by its users? There are many factors that make this platform very convenient for everyone to utilize. Firstly, it’s the extreme simplicity of usage. From course creation to marketing almost all of Kajabi’s aspects are designed to be easily digestible for people who are just getting started in the e-course world. Most of them are also advanced, giving administrating instructors an advantage over others. Additionally this allows students such as you manage and build a course-making business without the need to look elsewhere if anything else is not available. Kajabi provides all the tools anyone may need and is a true testament to its ‘one-stop shop’ moniker.
What does it let you do? Do?
There are a variety of ways that Kajabi lets you do as an all-in-one e-course solution. We’ve made a list in bullet form of the key features that you may want to be aware of when you’re thinking about using it. In essence, Kajabi allows you:
- Create interactive and engaging courses using a variety of customizing tools such as media files, templates that you can choose depending on your preferences;
- Create a professional website that can house your course contents and products and your own blog to keep your students informed about what’s new.
- Effectively utilize the landing page, checkout pages and other effective methods to boost the profits you earn, extend your reach beyond the limits and increase conversion rates;
- Decide how you would like to bill your courses and other products for your students, whether it’s one-time payments or a monthly subscription;
- Build effective sales funnels without any issues by making use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Use its own marketing and analytics software with email marketing and CRM as well as automated tools.
- Set up and manage your affiliate links, and
- Explore an array of community, customer service and training tools and features, including Kajabi University.
Famous Names that have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted and used by more than 16,000 companies and celebrities. It’s the go-to choice for many of the most well-known people that are from various sectors, like the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is home to thousands of courses which are accessed and explored by more than 35 million students across the globe. As of this the time this article was written, Kajabi has generated over $650 million in revenue since its establishment in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing plans that Kajabi provides are very different from other online course creation services in that they’re much more expensive. With monthly costs that begin at just $119, it’s no wonder why it can be a hindrance for some who like to give the service a shot. However, when you consider the number of essential features already packed into each plan, the pricing is logically reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start by offering the Basic plan that costs $149 per month, or $119/month for billing annually. This plan lets you are able to design three products, gain a maximum of 1000 active users, as well as design websites that you are able to customize with tools fully provided by Kajabi’s platform. Included are unlimited landing pages, unlimited marketing emails and access to unlimited useful resources, such as one-on-one customer support as well as Kajabi University.
Apart from basic plans, there is the Growth plan that happens to be Kajabi’s most popular plan at $199 a month or $159/mo if paid annually, and the Pro plan for $399 per month or $319/month annually and is packed with every feature you’d like when you are creating and selling your courses. Kajabi currently does not offer any free plans. However, a 14-day no-cost trial is available on each of the three plans. A trial extension that runs for up to 30 days also available on certain blogs. So if you wish to test the waters and determine if Kajabi is the right fit for you, the short trial offer is the best way to go.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Love About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s own marketing suite of tools, including automated e-mail marketing, and automation are designed to be optimized for businessuse, and it isn’t necessary to integrate with any other third-party service to do that!
- The software for sales funnels. Another one of the platforms most-loved selling points, the Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of proven and easily understandable blueprint templates – no need to overcomplicate yourself!
- Customization without limits. From designing professional-looking course websites up to the customized domain, Kajabi lets you customize to your heart’s content – and even build your brand from the ground up.
- The user-friendly and simple site as well as course editor. Making content using the site and the course builders hasn’t been this easy and quick, as it requires less effort and time to complete the task.
- Unlimited integrations. In addition to native integrations to the ten marketing, e-commerce and analytics tools, connecting to the app Zapier allows you to look and select among more than a thousand non-native platforms that can improve your efficiency.
- Establishing meaningful relationships with students and fellow instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature lets you engage with the students in any of your courses. You can also connect, network, and celebrate with a multitude of teachers in the same shoes as you.
The Cons – Things We Don’t Like
- The pricey pricing plans. The three plans offered by Kajabi are higher than the typical monthly prices that other providers offer. There’s no free plan available as well.
- No built-in tools to issue certificates. You may need connect to a third-party certificate application if you intend to design custom-made certificates of various types.
- Not enough tools for student-instructor engagement. We aren’t happy with the absence of some particular features, like proper discussion forums and the ability to randomize quizzes or assignments. Kajabi Above The Line
The Review of Kajabi’s features
User-Friendliness and Experience
One thing that we like the most about Kajabi is the shockingly easy user experience. One of the reasons is that the platform’s users interface (UI) is structured. If you may notice on the dashboard menu, you will see that the functions are arranged into five main sections: Website Products, Sales, Marketing and People. The layout of the menu leaves no space for clutter, as some elements that are associated with the specific section can be collapsed. The UI design is very consistent and reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-one” hallmark. You get to create an online landing page, change your course, and even engage with other instructors on the same site.
There is a search assistant tool that comes in handy when you need to search for something that may be hard to find. The Kajabi Assistant is found at the top of the dashboard in the form as a “search bar, it allows you to search for tools and items on the site by typing in the words. As previously mentioned, both Kajabi’s courses and site builder sections can be moved and dropped, making the process simpler without needing to learn how to navigate it. Kajabi is more user-friendly and has a less arduous learning curve than some of its competitors. It is also compatible with other languages than English if you wish to share your content with broader viewers.
Course Creation and Engagement
Once you explore Kajabi’s course creation function, you may quickly come across a variety of templates for courses or products or the way it refers to them blueprints. Each of the blueprints for products is different in its structure and style and is readily tailored to fit any instructor’s needs.
Included among the listed blueprints are Mini Courses and Online Courses as well as Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form , quick courses that are usually created as a way to build the brand’s value, whereas Online Courses are full-version courses that have a complete structure of content designed for a “world-class” educational experience. Drip courses, on the other hand, are programs which are planned over an established period of days or weeks. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s an efficient method to distribute your content if you as well as your students are occupied with other activities.
Kajabi may be known by many as a renowned premium course maker. Apart from courses, the blueprints allow you to create a membership area where your customers can enjoy exclusive content and a coach session for 12 weeks. The template is also blank which allows you to design your own course or product completely from scratch!
Categories, Posts, and Content Uploads
If you continue to explore the course builder you will notice the outline of the sections and lessons that were automatically added if you choose one of the blueprints for your course. In the case of Kajabi, these sections and lessons are referred to as categories and posts, or. Posts are where you insert various types of content, including text, video, and images, while the categories function as folders where the posts are stored.
You may also incorporate subcategories of posts under a category if you want to arrange your content in a flexible way. You may also drag and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a variety of text and media files to include in your posts, such as MOV and MP4 files MP3 and WAV files, PDFs and Word documents. Upload all of them directly from your computer folders or file-sharing cloud platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can even add existing URLs of your video to your posts!
As with a handful of other platforms for creating courses, Kajabi allows you to make use of the feature of bulk uploads. Similar to the name that you can upload all your files to your course in one page. This can be useful particularly if you’re performing other tasks.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi has a variety of more than 10 course player themes. In contrast to other LMS platforms where you’re only offered the choice of the theme you want to use, Kajabi lets you have the choice of selecting various themes for the different products. Like the outline maker, it’s easy to customize any of the themes to fit your style. You can also incorporate elements of your brand, such as the logo images, fonts, and design into your course player to cultivate a personal touch. Kajabi Above The Line
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi includes a quiz function called Assessments. It allows you to design and create assignments and quizzes and then add them to the course of your class. Assessments are an effective way to determine if your students learned something from the curriculum you’ve given them. With the assessments feature, you can choose from three different types of questions: multiple-choice multi-selection, or paragraph-style. You can also set an assessment score that will encourage your students to engage with your content more.
In addition, it is also important to note that the LMS site has also been able to make strides in providing spaces for students and teachers to connect. Through the Community feature your learners are given access to interact and comment on any of your courses via their dashboards. You can even write in your posts to discuss with other students your lessons from the past as well as your future content. The community feature is available either as a standalone item or as a component of your member.
Website Design and Customization
Why would you want to publish your course content to your web domain or WordPress website when Kajabi has the platform and tools to create one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting across the three plans of pricing. What’s great about this is you’re assured of instant security and safety with the automatic SSL certification, as well as a team to help maintain your site.
You’re also given the liberty to customize your domain, as well as choose from a variety of unique, professional themes, which you can customize to your hearts content! This doesn’t stop there. if you’re an expert edupreneur and signed to the Growth plan and above you can download custom-designed themes designed to meet the ever-changing needs of your business, plus eliminate the Kajabi branding and replace it with your custom-designed theme!
Just like the course builders we’ve talked about previously, Kajabi’s page builders lets you modify any of the available themes for websites using a set of intuitive and easy-to-handle editing tools. Upon further exploration, you will be greeted with a variety of customizable blocks and sections. They’re similar to those categories as well as posts we discussed when we’ve discussed the course builder. Blocks are the components that comprise the site’s content which includes media files, text as well as clickable button. Sections, on the other hand, are formed by multiple carefully-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 preset section templates that can be picked from the page builder’s dashboard. As we’re all glued to our phones and tiny tablets these days it’s logical for Kajabi to have your website automatically adjust to a mobile layout. You can even go the extra mile and select which site element you wish members to see. With all the tools you need to make your site look how you would like it to appear, Kajabi’s page builder is not only super flexible but also easy to manage.
Blogging and Other Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not have this, but Kajabi lets you create sections of your website specifically for your blog. There, you can publish information and comments on your course content. If you’re looking to make the most out the Kajabi-made website it provides an area where you can post your blog posts without limitations. Start by creating posting blog content by creating one using the text editor. You may include SEO elements if you wish to have a wider reach and organize your blog posts into various categories, or even change the way you want your entire blog section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging tools may not be as up to with WordPress or Blogspot However, it comes with enough tools to be manageable. In addition, you can create podcasts that you can promote on your website. You can upload audio recordings of your podcast that will be hosted on the website and distributed to the major podcasting platforms, such as Apple Podcasts and Spotify. When you upload a podcast episode you can choose between two options: either release it as a podcast that is public for free , or create an exclusive private version which only your subscribers have access to. Kajabi Above The Line
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
A big part of what makes Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is its array of sales and marketing tools that are extremely user-friendly and easy even for those who aren’t marketing experts to make use of!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A huge draw among the crowd, Kajabi’s built in E-mail marketing functions allow you to send e-mails related to your course and website to your subscribed member students within the comforts of the platform. However, you might be amazed by the fact that it goes beyond sending e-mails. With the help from Kajabi Automations, you get to automate sequences of emails that are triggered by different kinds of user actions. For example, when your student logs in successfully to one of your courses after checkout, a welcome e-mail will be automatically delivered to their inbox. If another underperforms, an upsell is sent to suggest an improvement Kajabi Above The Line
You can send as many e-mails to your campaign as you like and schedule each one according to your preferences. You can also choose which members of your group are eligible to receive those messages. The management of e-mails has never been more comprehensive yet easy to handle. Contrary to other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with e-mail marketing tools that will not require connecting to other third-party platforms in order to make it work.
Apart from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing option where you get to assign some of your members as affiliates in order to advertise your website on behalf of your company. Apart from paying them a commission it is also possible to track their performance to determine the extent to which they are contributing to boosting your conversion and click rates. Kajabi Above The Line
Another one of Kajabi’s overall notable features are its Pipeline Builder, where you are able to design specialized marketing funnels without a lot of difficulties. While other platforms offer similar features that require much more effort and time however, this Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even the uninitiated can benefit from it. This feature is stunning and lets you choose from a variety of pre-designed funnel designs or pipeline blueprints. This includes:
- Freebies are great for when you want to offer the freebie to lead magnet to grow your email list
- Sales Page OVO – to use any time you wish to convince your target customers to purchase your product by utilizing an online sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use whenever you’re launching a course or another product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – for whenever you want to promote your product via web workshops
- Free Book OVO – to use any time you wish to showcase your content a free downloadable digital book
- Coaching Campaign OVO – to use when you’re trying to promote your courses by means of the use of coaching sessions
- Blank blueprint – for whenever you’re looking to create your sales funnel from starting
After you pick one of the blueprints for a pipeline Kajabi will automatically generate pages and emails you’ll need to pull off an effective sales funnel. You may customize however you wish your funnel to appear to your target audience. You may even change the design of your checkout and landing pages, for example changing the design to a different theme There is a library with more than 40 page templates that you can pick from.
Payment and Pricing Options
Kajabi allows you to integrate seamlessly with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal so that your member students can choose between the two to pay for your course. Stripe is the common payment option that accepts credit and debit card transactions and certain e-wallet providers across the world. PayPal is, on the other on the other hand, is an alternative for subscribers as well as multi-payment plans. There are no pressing fees for transactions on the part of Kajabi because all your earnings are immediately sent directly to the bank accounts of your choice.
In terms of price options for Kajabi, it offers an array of options for you to choose from. You can choose to make your student pay for products at various times (one-time subscription, one-time, or several payments) or give them away at no cost. You can also choose to select if you’re going to charge a specified price for a single item or for a variety of products, as well as specify specific dates your members can access within a given period of time. You can also create coupons to further motivate your target audience to buy any of your offers. Kajabi Above The Line
Integrations to Third-Party Services
Kajabi has a variety of built-in services needed to develop and promote your courses, but you also have the option of connecting to third-party applications to provide an additional boost of functions. Kajabi currently has 10 native integrations, which include the well-known analytics service Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier can be extremely helpful since it allows you to establish connections to hundreds of third-party apps and tools that range from e-commerce to user experiences.
Training and Customer Support Resources
In terms of customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over the rest as it is one of the few course creation platforms with live chat available 24/7 assistance. Unlike some similar services, Kajabi’s customer support team is always available to assist you if you encounter difficulties creating pages or courses, among other issues that are important, at any time and wherever. It’s crucial to mention that this 24-hour feature is available for instructors who are subscribed to the Growth plan up to for basic users, live chat is available for certain times and days of the week. However, Kajabi’s method of customer service has been well-received by those who utilize it to create meaningful course content. Kajabi Above The Line
As for tools for training, Kajabi gives an array of options to access resources that you can learn and get used to. Its Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, classes and informational content that are specifically geared towards teachers and edupreneurs to help them jumpstart or improve their position in the course creation world. You’re also invited to daily Q+A educational webinars with top experts from various areas as guests. Additionally when you’re looking for other tips and tricks the help desk will be there to help you in the right direction. In addition to the platform’s Hero University, there is also a Kajabi Hero Rewards program, where course creators get rewarded with tons of sweet perks as they achieve their objectives.
What else is missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi could be an excellent all-in-one platform to develop and market your course content, but we have to address a few vital things that are missing. Most of them would have been very useful in improving the experience. These are some of the things we would like to see included in Kajabi’s system soon:
- Built-in tools for issuance of certificates and other credentials. Although some of them offer this option instructors who utilize Kajabi will often require a connection to third-party applications which specialize in issuance of certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we may appreciate the way that the platform handles assessments within courses, we wish that the absence of question type options and the randomization of those types that is addressed as soon as possible.
- Other payment options. At the time of writing there are only two options for transactions: Stripe as well as PayPal will be accepted. In addition, we don’t appreciate how there are limitations too.
- An API key that is public. This would have been useful in making custom integrations, for example, the ability to let your subscribers log in with the single sign-in option with other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi may have essentially most of the features any aspiring Edupreneur could dream of. However, due to the high cost plan, and the lack in features it could make some people turn away. If you’re seeking alternatives that have collective similarities in comparison to Kajabi in terms of reliability and performance, we’ve listed some worthy alternatives that you might want to consider in making your choice. Kajabi Above The Line
- New Zenler is an online course platform that offers all-in-one services similar to Kajabi. The only major difference is the cost that starts at $67/month You are able to create unlimited courses and sell to your target audience without ever having to worry about breaking the bank!
- Podia doesn’t just claim to be creator-friendly. It’s also very easy to use, and much more user-friendly than even Kajabi! While you get to utilize marketing tools, it’s much lighter than the other. But considering the very budget-friendly price range it’s easy to understand the way Podia is a great choice for DIY entrepreneurs getting into the business.
- While Kajabi lacks credentials and sophisticated quiz functions, Thinkific makes up for these features. With a price that is affordable for beginners, it sure does offer greater features that the other has which includes live lessons and a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in the manner it operates. However, we must appreciate how Teachable is able to incorporate additional payment options, as it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay which are two gateways Kajabi doesn’t have. Additionally, it allows one-on-one coaching and other core features.
In the end, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park by offering a wide range of features that most edupreneurs can utilize. It does provide the essentials anyone must need including the intuitive features needed to create a professional-looking website to the stellar integrated marketing suite, which includes the ability to understand diagrams of sales funnels as well as efficient marketing tools for e-mails.
There could be some tools missing for example, the issue of certificates, in particular. Plus with a steep cost, it might not be the best option for those with a tight budget. But we do understand that, while Kajabi does very well as an all-in-one solution for course creation however, it’ll always have limits. That doesn’t stop it, however, from becoming an extremely popular choice for established business owners and creators!
If you’re still searching for an LMS that gives you all you require in one place, Kajabi is something you ought to seriously consider.
FAQ Kajabi Above The Line
What does the word Kajabi refer to?
The term “Kajabi” is derived from a word of Islamic or Arabic origin, which translates to “to fly.”
Can I sell physical goods on Kajabi?
Yes! In addition to the normal classes, you can also sell physical products on Kajabi. You can even integrate with Shopify to create a fully-functioning online store on the platform!
In terms of e-mail marketing Is it possible that Kajabi can take over MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already comes with the tools for marketing via email built within the platform, it’s natural that it’s adequate to replace third-party programs such as MailChimp. However, if you want to use the platform, Kajabi still allows you to connect it with other applications as well.
Is Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even offers an app for mobile devices for you and your subscribers can access your entire course materials even when on the go. Kajabi Above The Line