Hundreds of learning management system (LMS) platforms come with various crucial features that you can use when creating content of high quality. While there could be a lot of websites that allow you to make use of modern marketing tools to promote your courses to your target viewers, other platforms might not offer all of those things. And while some offer easy-to-use tools for creating courses, there will be a few that have an editing experience so complex that they turn off their users.
Among a sea of e-course platforms There are some that offer not just a simple editing interface, but also a plethora of sales and marketing functions. In addition to that, they also offer nearly all you can think of, from 24/7 help and training tools to top-of-the-line analytics. All-in-one platforms for courses allow you to discover the world beyond your boundaries and one of the platforms which can provide this is Kajabi.
A Quick Look Kajabi: What exactly is Kajabi? Kajabi Academy
Kajabi can be described as an online service that lets you develop and market your content to your student audience. Branded as an all-in-one service, Kajabi provides edupreneurs from all walks of life with optimized and vital features to not only create a professional site for your courses, but also allow them to grow to greater heights. Kajabi has been praised by the media and regarded as one of the best online learning platforms, with an overwhelming positive rating from 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-received among its users? Well, there are quite plenty of reasons that make the platform extremely convenient for all to use. Firstly, it’s the extreme user-friendliness. From course creation all the way to the marketing services almost all of Kajabi’s aspects are designed to be easily digestible for people who are only beginning to get started in the e-course world. Most of them are also advanced, which gives instructors who administer the course an edge over other instructors. Additionally it allows budding entrepreneurs such as you manage and build an online course without having to go elsewhere if anything else is not available. Kajabi provides all the tools that anyone could require and is a true testament its ‘one stop shop’ moniker.
What Can It Do? Do?
There are numerous methods that Kajabi can create an all-in-one e-learning solution. We’ve compiled a list, in bullets, of its important features that you may want to keep an eye on when you’re thinking about using it. Simply put, Kajabi lets you:
- Create interactive and engaging courses with a wide array of customizing tools such as media files, templates that you can choose in accordance with your personal preferences.
- Create a professional website that can house your course contents and products, as well as blogs to keep your students informed about what else is new;
- Make the most of landing pages, checkout pages, and other effective methods to boost your earnings, expand your reach beyond the limits, and generate higher conversion rates.
- Decide how you would like to bill your courses and other services to your students – whether it’s a one-time payment or a monthly subscription;
- Design and build effective sales funnels without any problems through the use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Utilize its in-house marketing and analytics suite with e-mail marketing as well as CRM and automation tools.
- Set up and manage your affiliate links, and
- Explore a wide variety of community and training materials in conjunction with Kajabi University.
Famous Names that have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is used and trusted by over 16,000 businesses and famous personalities. It’s the choice of some of the well-known names who come from different sectors, including the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi hosts thousands of courses accessed and explored by over 35 million students from across the globe. At the time of time of writing Kajabi has generated over $650 million in revenue since it was founded in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing options that Kajabi provides are different from other online course-making services in that they’re more costly. With monthly costs that begin as low as $119, it’s not surprising that this can impede some people who would be interested in giving the service a shot. With the abundance of features that are included in each plan, pricing is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin at the Basic plan priced at $149 per month or $119/month when billed annually. With this tier, you can create three products, gain a maximum of 1000 active users, as well as create a website that you can customize with tools fully provided by the platform. Also included are unlimited landing webpages, unlimitted marketing emails and access to unlimited valuable resources, including one-on one customer service and Kajabi University.
Apart from basic plans, there is the Growth plan which is Kajabi’s most popular plan with a monthly cost of $199 or $159/month if you pay annually, as well as the Pro plan for $399 per month or $319/month yearly and is packed to the brim with all the features you’d like when making and selling your courses. Kajabi currently does not offer an option to pay for the plan. However, a 14-day free trial is available on all three plans. A trial extension that runs up to 30 days is offered on select blogs. So if you want to test the waters and determine if Kajabi is the right fit for you, the short free trial is the best way to go.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Like About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s marketing suite in-house of tools, such as automated e-mail marketing, and automation are optimized for businessuse, and you won’t need to integrate with third-party solutions for this!
- The software for sales funnels. Another of the platform’s best-selling points The Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of proven and easily understandable blueprint templates – no need to be overly complicated!
- The ability to customize without limitations. From designing professional-looking course websites down to the custom name, Kajabi lets you customize to your heart’s content – and even build your brand from the ground up.
- The user-friendly and simple site and course editors. The creation of content using the website and course builder software has never been so easy and quick, as it takes less effort and time to finish the job.
- Infinite integrations are endless. Aside from native integrations that integrate with 10 e-commerce, marketing and analytics solutions, connecting to Zapier’s app lets you to explore and choose from more than one thousand non-native platforms that can improve your effectiveness.
- Making lasting connections with fellow instructors and students. Kajabi’s Community feature allows you to interact with students in any of your courses. It also lets you connect, network, and share your joy with hundreds of teachers who happen to be in the same shoes as you.
The Cons – Things We Don’t Like
- The pricing plans are hefty. Kajabi’s three pricing plans are more than the average monthly rate that other providers offer. There’s not a free option either.
- No built-in tools to issue certificates. You may need to connect to a third-party certificate app if you plan to design custom-made certificates of various types.
- There aren’t enough tools to facilitate student-instructor engagement. We aren’t happy with the absence of some particular features, like proper discussion forums and the ability to randomly distribute tests or assignments. Kajabi Academy
An Overview of the Kajabi Features
Easy of Use and Experience
One thing that we like one thing we like about Kajabi is the surprisingly easy user experience. For one, most of the platform’s User Interface (UI) is organized. If you look at the dashboard menu, you will find that all the features are arranged into five main sections: Website Products, Sales Marketing, and People. The menu’s design does not allow for clutter, as some features that are related to specific sections are able to be collapsed. The UI design is very consistent, reflecting Kajabi’s ‘all-in-one’ hallmark. You can create your own landing page, alter your course and communicate with your instructors through one website.
The search assistant is a tool that is useful whenever you want to look for something difficult to locate. The Kajabi Assistant is found at the top of the dashboard in the form as a “search bar and it lets you look for specific tools and products within the website by typing in the keywords. Like we said, both Kajabi’s courses and site builder sections can be moved and dropped, making the process simpler without the need to know how to navigate it. Kajabi is a more streamlined learning curve than several of its peers. It can also be used in other languages that English in case you want to present your content to wider audience.
Course Development and Engagement
When you go through Kajabi’s course creation feature, you’ll quickly come across a variety of course or product templates, or what the platform refers to them, blueprints. Each of the blueprints for products differs in terms of structure and design and can be easily modified to suit the needs of instructors.
In the blueprints that are listed are Mini Courses, Online Courses and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are quick-form courses, which are typically designed as a way to build brand recognition, while Online Courses are full-version courses with a full content structure created to offer an “world-class” educational experience. Drip courses on the contrary, are classes which are planned over an established period of days or weeks. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s an efficient method of sharing your content when you or your students are busy with other things.
Kajabi may be known by many as a well-known premium course maker. Apart from course types, the product blueprints let you make a membership site that allows your customers to access exclusive content and a coach session lasting 12 weeks. The template is also blank which allows you to design your own course or product completely from the ground up!
Categories, Posts, and Content Uploads
If you continue to explore the course builder you’ll notice the outline of the sections and lessons that were automatically added when you select any of the course blueprints. In the case of Kajabi, these sections and lessons are known as groups and posts and vice versa. The posts are where you can insert different types of content, including text, video, and images, while the categories serve as folders for the posts that are stored.
It is also possible to include subcategories for posts in a category if you want to structure your content flexibly. You may also move and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a wide variety of media and text files that can be used to add to your posts, including MOV and MP4 files, WAV and MP3 files, PDFs and Word documents. Upload any of them either from your computer folders or via cloud-based file sharing platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can also duplicate and paste URLs for your videos into your blog posts!
As with a handful of other platform for making courses, Kajabi allows you to use the feature of bulk uploads. Like the name implies, you can add all your files to your courses on one page. This is a great option particularly if you’re working on other things.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi provides a selection of more than 10 themes for course players. In contrast to other LMS platforms that only allow you to be given the option to choose the theme you want to use, Kajabi lets you have the option of choosing various themes for the different products. Similar to the course outline maker, it’s easy to customize any theme to match your preferences. It is possible to incorporate specifics of your brand like your logo, images, and font design into the course player to add a your own personal style. Kajabi Academy
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi offers a quiz feature called Assessments where you get to design and create assignments and quizzes and add them as part of your class. Assessments are a helpful method of determining if your students learned something from the lessons you’ve provided them. With the assessment feature, you get to choose between the three primary types of questions: multiple-choice paragraph-style, and multiple-selection. You can even set an assessment score that will encourage your students to be more engaged with your content.
In addition aside from that, it is also important to note that the LMS site has also made strides in creating areas for teachers and students to connect. With the Community feature, your students are able to interact and comment on all of your courses on their dashboards. You can even write in your blog posts for discussion with the rest of them your previous lessons as well as your future content. The community feature is offered either as a stand-alone product or as part of your membership area.
Website Design and Customizability
Why share your course contents to your web domain or WordPress web site when Kajabi has the platform and tools to make one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting on the three plans of pricing. What’s awesome about it is you’re assured of instant safety and security with the automatic SSL certification and a team to help maintain your website.
You also have the option to personalize your domain as well as pick from a range of premium, unique themes, which you can customize to your heart’s content! The possibilities don’t end there: If you’re an expert in edupreneurship and signed to the Growth plan or higher you are able to import custom-made themes built to meet your ever-growing needs as well as eliminate the Kajabi brand names and then replace it with your custom-designed theme!
Similar to the course builder that we’ve discussed earlier, the page builder from Kajabi allows you to modify any of the themes on the website using a variety of intuitive and easy-to-handle editing tools. After further exploration, you will be greeted with a variety of customizable blocks and sections. They’re essentially like those categories as well as posts from when we’ve discussed the course builder. Blocks are referred to as the components that comprise the content of the website which includes text, media files as well as clickable button. Sections, on the other hand are made up of multiple neatly-arranged blocks.
There are more than 40 pre-designed section templates can be picked from the page builder’s dashboard. Since we’re all connected to our smartphones and small tablets these days, it makes total sense for Kajabi to have your website automatically adjust to a mobile-friendly layout. It’s even possible to go the extra mile and select the element of your site you would like members to see. With all the necessary tools to create your website how you would like it to look, Kajabi’s page builder is not just incredibly flexible, but also easy to manage.
Blogging and Other Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not provide this, but Kajabi lets you create sections of your website dedicated to your blog where you can publish updates and thoughts on the content of your course. If you’re looking to make the most the Kajabi-made website, the service provides you a space where you can post your blog posts without limitations. It is possible to begin with posting blog content by creating your own using Text Editor. You can include SEO elements if you want to have a wider reach and organize your blog posts into various categories and even customize how you want your entire blog section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging features may not be as up to the same level as WordPress or Blogspot however, it does have enough tools to be manageable. You can also create podcasts to promote on your site. You can upload audio recordings of your podcast that will be hosted on your website and distributed to major podcast listening platforms such as iTunes Podcasts as well as Spotify. When uploading a podcast episode you can choose between two options: either release it as a public podcast for free or make an exclusive private one that only your members have access to. Kajabi Academy
Marketing and Sales
A big part of what makes Kajabi so popular with edupreneurs is its slew of marketing and sales tools that are supremely easy and straightforward even for those who aren’t marketing experts to utilize!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A huge draw among the crowd, Kajabi’s built in e-mail marketing function allows you to send e-mails that are related to your course or website to your subscribed member students within the comforts of the platform. But you may be surprised by the fact that it goes beyond just send e-mails. With the aid of Kajabi Automations, you get to create automated sequences of e-mails triggered by various user actions. For example, when a student is successfully logged in to one of your courses following checkout, a welcome e-mail will be automatically delivered to their inbox. If another course is not performing the course, an upsell will be delivered to offer suggestions for improvement Kajabi Academy
You are able to create as many emails to the campaign you wish and schedule each of them according to your preferences. You can choose which of your members gets the messages. The management of e-mails has never been so complete and easy to manage. Unlike other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with e-mail marketing tools that don’t require the integration with third-party platforms to make things work.
Aside from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing option where you get to assign certain members of your group as affiliates who can help promote your content on behalf of you. Alongside paying them the commission rate, you may also track their performance to see the extent to which they are contributing to boosting your conversion and click rates. Kajabi Academy
Another one of Kajabi’s overall top features can be one of the best features is Pipeline Builder, where you get to create specialized marketing funnels with no overcomplicating difficulties. While other platforms have similar features that require more effort and time and effort, this Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even those who aren’t experts can make better use of it. This amazing feature lets you select from a collection of pre-made funnel blueprints or templates for pipelines. This includes:
- Freebies are great for when you’d like to provide the freebie to lead magnet to grow your list
- Sales Page OVO – for whenever you want to convince your intended customers to purchase your product via an online sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use when you’re launching courses or any other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – to use whenever you want to promote your business through web-based workshops
- Free Book OVO – to use whenever you want to promote your content with a free downloadable digital book
- Coaching Campaign OVO – to use whenever you’re promoting your courses through the use of coaching sessions
- Blank blueprint – for whenever you’re looking to create your sales funnel from starting
After you pick one of the blueprints for your pipeline Kajabi instantly creates pages and emails you’ll require to create an effective sales funnel. You can alter the way you want your pipeline to appear to your target audience. You can even alter the look of your checkout and landing pages, for instance, to a different one The library is with more than 40 page templates that you can pick from.
Prices and Payment Methods
Kajabi lets you integrate seamlessly with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal so that your students can choose between them when they pay for your classes. Stripe is a popular payment option that allows credit and debit card transactions as well as select e-wallet providers all over the world. PayPal, on the other on the other hand, is an option to subscribe as well as multi-payment plans. There are no pressing charges for transactions on Kajabi’s side since all the money you earn are instantly transferred into your account at the banks.
For price options for Kajabi, it offers an array of options for you of options to select from. You can choose to cost your pupils for the services at various dates (one-time subscription, one-time, or several payments) or distribute them to them for free. You also have the option to select if you’re going to charge a specified price for one product or multiple products, as well as set specific dates that your customers can access within a certain timeframe. You can also create coupons to further motivate your audience to purchase any of your offers. Kajabi Academy
Integration with Third-Party Services
Kajabi has a variety of built-in features to help you create and market your courses however, you also have the option to connect to third-party applications to provide an added boost in functionality. The platform currently supports 10 native integrations, which include the well-known analytics service Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier can be extremely helpful since it allows you to establish connections to hundreds of third-party apps and tools including e-commerce and user experience.
Training and Customer Support Resources
In terms of customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over other platforms because it’s among the few course creation platforms that offer 24/7 live chat assistance. Contrary to similar services, Kajabi’s customer support team is available to help you whenever you encounter difficulties creating an online course or website, in addition to other crucial issues, anytime and wherever. It’s crucial to mention that this 24-hour support is available to instructors who subscribe to the Growth plan up to for basic users Live Chat support can be scheduled for certain times and times during the day. However, Kajabi’s method of customer service has been praised by many of the instructors who use it to create meaningful educational content. Kajabi Academy
As for training tools, Kajabi offers an array of options to use resources to learn and get used to. Its Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, classes and educational content specifically geared towards teachers and edupreneurs, to help them gain traction or boost their position in the world of course design. You’re also invited to every day Q&A webinars that feature top experts from various fields as guests, plus, if you’re looking for additional advice and tricks, the help center is always there to guide you along the way. Alongside the platform’s Hero University, there is Kajabi’s Hero Rewards program where course creators get rewarded with tons of sweet perks as they achieve their goals.
What else is missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi could be an excellent all-in-one platform to develop and promote your course content however, we must look at a few crucial aspects that are missing. A majority of them could have been very useful in improving the experience. Here are the following things we’d like to see included in the Kajabi system shortly:
- Built-in tools that issue certificates and credentials. Although some of them offer this option instructors using Kajabi will often need to connect to third-party applications which specialize in issuance of certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we are pleased with the way that the platform handles assessments within courses, we’d like for the absence of question type options and the randomization of those types and their randomization to be resolved as quickly as possible.
- Other payment options. At the time of writing there are only two options for transactions: Stripe or PayPal can be accepted. In addition, we aren’t sure if there are limitations as well.
- An API key that is public. This could be useful for creating custom integrations such as having your students who have subscribed to your service sign in using the single sign-in option with other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi could have the majority of the features that an aspiring Edupreneur would ever want to have. But with the steep price plan and a certain lack in features it may cause some to be turned off. If you’re looking for alternatives that share collective similarities with Kajabi regarding performance and reliability, we’ve listed some worthy competitors you might be considering in making your choice. Kajabi Academy
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in-one solutions similar to Kajabi. The only significant difference is the cost beginning at just $67 per month You are able to create unlimited courses and sell to your audience of choice without having to worry about the cost!
- Podia does not just claim to be creator-friendly. It’s also extremely easy to use, much easier than even Kajabi! Although you can benefit from marketing features Podia is much less heavy than Kajabi. With the extremely affordable price range, we can imagine how Podia can appeal to those who want to start their own business.
- While Kajabi isn’t a reputable platform and lacks sophisticated quiz functions, Thinkific makes up for them. With its affordable price and a wide range of features, it certainly offers more industry-level functions than the other as well as live lesson courses and a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in the manner it operates. However, it is important to understand how the former can incorporate additional payment options since it accepts Google Pay and Apple Pay which are two gateways Kajabi does not have. Additionally, it allows one-on-one coaching and other core features.
Overall, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park for providing nearly all of the options that most entrepreneurs utilize. It sure does offer the essentials anyone must need to be able to create a professional-looking website to the stellar integrated marketing suite that includes the addition of simple sales funnel blueprints and efficient email marketing tools.
There may be a few tools missing, such as the issue of certificates specifically. With a high cost, it may not be the wise option for those with a tight budget. However, we understand that while Kajabi is great as an all-in one solution for course creation, it will always have limits. That doesn’t stop it, however, from becoming a popular choice among established entrepreneurs and creators!
If you’re still searching to find an LMS that can provide everything you require on one platform, Kajabi is something you ought to seriously think about.
FAQ Kajabi Academy
What is the meaning of Kajabi refer to?
The word “Kajabi” originates from a word with Islamic (or Arabic origin which means “to fly.”
Do I have the ability to sell physical items on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard courses, you can also sell physical products on Kajabi. You can also connect with Shopify to build a fully functional e-commerce shop on Kajabi!
Concerning e-mail marketing is it possible Kajabi could be able to replace MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already comes with E-mail marketing tools integrated into the platform, it makes sense that it’s sufficient to replace third-party programs such as MailChimp. However, if you wish to utilize the platform, Kajabi still allows you to integrate with it and other applications as well.
Does Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even offers a mobile app to ensure that you and your subscribers can access your entire course content even when you’re traveling. Kajabi Academy