Many learning management system (LMS) platforms come with many essential features that you can use when creating content of high quality. While there may be plenty of websites that allow you to utilize advanced marketing tools to market classes to your target audience, others might not offer all of those things. While some provide easy-to-use tools to build courses, there’ll be a few that have an editing experience so complex that it turns off its users.
In the sea of e-course platforms, there are a few that provide more than an easy editing interface, but also a myriad of marketing and sales functions. And on top of that they also provide you with nearly everything you’d ever want such as 24/7 assistance and training materials to top-quality analytics. All-in-one course platforms let you explore beyond your limits, and one of those that provide it is Kajabi.
In a nutshell: How do you define Kajabi? Kajabi Across The Universe
Kajabi can be described as an online service that allows you to develop and market your course content to your customers. Branded as an all-in-one service and platform for edupreneurs, Kajabi offers edupren all walks of life with optimized and vital features to not just build a professional-looking website for your courses but help them rise to greater heights. Kajabi is widely praised and regarded as one of the most effective online learning platforms, with an overwhelmingly positive rating of 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-liked by its users? It’s true that there are plenty of aspects that make this platform extremely easy for anyone to utilize. First, it’s the user-friendliness. From course creation to marketing and sales, nearly all of Kajabi’s aspects can be easily digestible for people who are only beginning to get started in the e-course world. Most of them are also advanced, giving administrating instructors an advantage over other instructors. Additionally this allows students such as you manage and build a course-making business without having to travel to another place if something else is missing. Kajabi provides all the tools anyone may need, living up to its ‘one-stop shop label.
What Does It Let You Do?
There are many kinds of ways that Kajabi lets you use as an all-in-one online course solution. We’ve made a list in bullet points, of its important features that you may want to keep an eye on when you’re thinking about the option. In simple terms, Kajabi allows you:
- Create interactive and engaging courses using a variety of customizable tools including media files, templates you can select according to your preference;
- Create a professional website that can display your course materials and products, as well as your own blog to keep your students up-to-date on the latest developments;
- Efficiently make use of websites, landing pages and checkout sites, and other effective ways to improve your earnings, expand your reach beyond the limits, and generate higher conversion rates.
- Choose how you wish to charge your courses or other items to your students – whether it’s a one-time fee or a monthly subscription
- Design and build effective sales funnels without any problems through the use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Use its own marketing and analytics suite that includes e-mail marketing, CRM, and automation tools;
- Create and manage your affiliate links; and
- Explore a variety of customer service, community and training tools in conjunction with the Kajabi University feature.
Big Names That Have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted and used by more than 16,000 companies and big-name personalities. It’s the go-to choice for some of the well-known names that are from various sectors, like the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi hosts thousands of courses accessed and explored by over 35 million students all over the world. At the time of time of writing Kajabi has generated over $650 million in revenue since its inception in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing plans Kajabi offers are quite different than other online course-making services in that they’re more costly. With monthly rates that start as low as $119, it’s not surprising that it can be a hindrance for some who be interested in giving it a try. With the abundance of essential features already packed in each plan, the pricing is reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin with the Basic plan, which costs $149 per month, or $119/month when billed annually. With this tier, you get to create three products, reach up to 1000 active users, as well as make your own website you can modify using the tools provided by the platform. Additionally, you get unlimited pages for landing webpages, unlimitted marketing emails, and unlimited access to valuable resources, including one-on one customer service and Kajabi University.
In addition to The Basic Plan, there is the Growth plan which is the most sought-after plan on the platform for $199 per month or $159/month if you pay annually, and the Pro plan for $399 per month or $319/month yearly, which is filled to the brim with every feature you’d like when you are creating and selling your courses. Kajabi is currently not offering a free plan option. There is however a fourteen-day no-cost trial is available for all three plans. A longer trial of up to 30 days is available on certain blogs. If you want to test the waters and see if Kajabi’s the right choice for you, the limited trial period is the ideal way to go.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros and Cons – What We Really Like About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s own marketing suite of tools, which includes email marketing and automation are optimized for businessuse, and it isn’t necessary to integrate with other third-party services for this!
- The software that creates sales funnels. Another of the platforms most-loved selling points The Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of well-tested and understood blueprint templates – no need to get too complicated!
- The ability to customize without limitations. From the creation of professional-looking courses all the way to the custom domain, Kajabi lets you customize to your hearts content and even build your brand from scratch.
- The easy and intuitive website along with course editors. Making content with the site and the course creator software was never so easy and quick, as it requires less effort and time to complete the task.
- Limitless integrations. Aside from native integrations that integrate with ten e-commerce, marketing, and analytics tools, connecting to the app Zapier allows you to look and select from more than one thousand non-native platforms that can improve your efficiency.
- Building worthwhile relationships with students and fellow instructors. Kajabi’s community feature lets you connect with students who are enrolled in your classes. You can also network, connect, and share your joy with hundreds of teachers in the same shoes as you.
The Cons – Things We Don’t Like
- The pricey pricing plans. Kajabi’s three pricing plans are greater than the average monthly rate that other providers offer. There’s no free plan available as well.
- There are no built-in tools for issuance of certificates. You may need to connect to a third party certificate application if you intend to create custom-made ones of various types.
- There aren’t enough tools to facilitate student-instructor engagement. We aren’t happy with the absence of certain features, including proper discussion forums and the ability to randomly assign quizzes or assignments. Kajabi Across The Universe
An Overview of the Kajabi Features
User-Friendliness and Experience
One thing we love the most about Kajabi is the surprisingly easy user experience. For one, most of the User Interface (UI) is organized. If you may notice on the dashboard menu, you may notice that all features are divided into five major sections – Website Products, Sales, Marketing, and People. The menu’s design leaves no space for obstruction, since some of the aspects that belong to a specified section are collapsible. The UI layout is very consistent that reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-1” hallmark. You get to create a landing page, modify your course and engage with other instructors on one site.
There is a search assistant tool that can be useful whenever you want to look for something difficult to locate. The Kajabi Assistant is located at the top of the dashboard in the shape that of a bar for searching and it lets you look for items and tools on the site by typing in the words. Like we said that both the Kajabi website builder and course builder sections are drag-and-drop which makes the process easier without having to know how to navigate it. Kajabi has a smoother learning curve compared to some of its competitors. It can also be used in other languages that English if you wish to present your content to wider audience.
Course Design and Engagement
If you take a look at Kajabi’s courses design feature, you will be able to see a collection of product or course templates or, as the platform refers to them blueprints. Each of the blueprints for products varies in structure and type and can be customized to meet the needs of any instructor.
In the blueprints that are listed are Mini Courses as well as Online Courses, and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form quick courses which are generally designed as a means of gaining the brand’s value, whereas online Courses are full-version courses that have a complete structure of content created to offer a “world-class” educational experience. Drip courses on the other hand, are courses that are scheduled for the course of a specified number of weeks or days. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s a much more convenient way to share your content if you as well as your students are occupied with other activities.
Kajabi might be regarded by many as a renowned premium course-maker. Apart from courses, the blueprints let you create a membership space for your members to enjoy exclusive content and a coach session for 12 weeks. The template is also blank where you can create an entire course or product completely from the ground up!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
If you continue to explore the course builder you will notice an outline of sections and lessons that were automatically added when you select any of the course blueprints. In the case of Kajabi, these parts and the lessons called categories and posts, respectively. The posts are where you put in different kinds of content, such as text, video and images, whereas the categories serve as folders for the posts that are stored.
It is also possible to include subcategories for posts in a category if you want to structure your content flexibly. You can move and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a variety of media and text files to include in your posts, including MOV and MP4 files WAV and MP3 files, PDFs and Word documents. You can upload all of them directly through your computer’s folders or through file-sharing cloud platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can copy and paste existing URLs of your video to your blog posts!
Like a few select platforms for creating courses, Kajabi allows you to utilize the feature of bulk uploads. Like the name implies, you can add all the files you have uploaded to your course in the same tab. This is a great option particularly if you’re working on other things.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi provides a selection of 10+ themes for courses. Contrary to other LMS platforms where you’re only given the option to choose the theme you want to use, Kajabi lets you have the freedom to choose various themes for the various products. Similar to the course outline creator, it’s simple to modify any theme to match your preferences. It is possible to incorporate specifics that represent your brand like your logo, images, and font designs into your course player to cultivate a personal touch. Kajabi Across The Universe
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi has a quiz feature called Assessments where you get to create quizzes and assignments and include them as part of your class. Assessments are an effective method of determining whether your students have learned something from the lessons you’ve provided them. With the assessment feature, you get to choose between the three primary question types: multiple-choice, multiple-selection, and paragraph-style. You can also set a passing score to motivate your students to engage with your material more.
Apart from that in addition, it is also important to note that the LMS site has also made progress in creating areas for teachers and students to communicate. Through the Community feature, your students are able to interact and comment on all of your courses on their dashboards. You can also write your posts to discuss with other students your previous lessons and your upcoming content. The community feature is offered either as a stand-alone feature or as part of your membership space.
Website Design and Customizability
Why would you want to publish your course content to your web domain as well as WordPress site when Kajabi has the platform and tools you need to make one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting on all three pricing plans. What’s awesome about it is you’re guaranteed instant safety and security with the automatic SSL certification as well as the support of a team to manage your website.
You also have the option to customize your domain, as well as choose from a range of unique, professional themes that you can modify to your liking! It doesn’t stop there: If you’re an expert edupreneur and signed to the Growth plan or higher you can download custom-designed themes designed to fit your ever-expanding needs as well as take away any Kajabi branding and replace it with your personal brand!
Like the course builders we’ve talked about previously, Kajabi’s page builders allows you to modify any of the available themes for websites using a set of intuitive and easy-to-handle editing tools. Upon further exploration you’ll be presented with customizable sets of blocks and sections. They’re similar to those categories as well as posts we discussed when we discussed the course builder. Blocks are the elements that make up the site’s content including media files, text as well as clickable button. Sections on the other hand are made up of multiple carefully-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 preset section templates that you can pick from the page builder’s dashboard. We’re all hooked to our smartphones and tablets it’s logical to use Kajabi to have your website automatically adapt to a mobile layout. It’s even possible to go the extra mile and select which site element you wish members to view. With all the necessary tools to make your site look how you would like it to look the page builder from Kajabi is not just incredibly flexible, but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Useful Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not have this feature, but Kajabi allows you to make an area on your site that is dedicated to your blog, where you can publish information and comments on the content of your course. If you’re looking to make the most of your Kajabi-made site this service offers you an area where you can post your blog posts without limitations. You can get started with the blog post by making one with the text editor. It is possible to incorporate SEO elements if you want to have a wider reach or group your posts into various categories and even alter the way you want your entire blog section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging features may not be as up to par as WordPress or Blogspot However, it comes with enough tools to allow it to be managed. In addition, you can create podcasts that you can promote on your website. You may upload recordings of your podcast that will be hosted on the website and distributed to major podcasting platforms like iTunes Podcasts as well as Spotify. When you upload an episode of your podcast there are two options: either release it as a podcast that is public free of charge or create an exclusive private podcast that only your users can get access to. Kajabi Across The Universe
Marketing and Sales
Part of what makes Kajabi so popular among edupreneurs is the variety of marketing and sales tools that are supremely user-friendly and easy for even those who aren’t marketing experts to utilize!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A huge draw among the masses, Kajabi’s built-in email marketing feature allows you to send emails that are related to your course or website to your subscribed member students while seated on the platform. You might be surprised by the fact that it goes beyond just send e-mails. With the aid of Kajabi Automations, you get to build automated sequences of e-mails triggered by different kinds of user actions. For example, when a student successfully logs into one of your courses following checkout, a welcome e-mail will be sent automatically into their email inbox. If the course performs poorly then an upsell message is sent to suggest an improvement Kajabi Across The Universe
You are able to create as many e-mails to the campaign you want and then schedule them according to your preferences. You can choose the members you want the messages. The management of e-mails has never been more complete and easy to manage. Contrary to other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with tools for marketing e-mails that you don’t require the integration with third-party platforms to make things work.
In addition, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing feature which allows you to designate certain members of your group as affiliates to help in promoting your site on behalf of you. Apart from paying them a commission and monitoring their performance to gauge how they can contribute to boosting your conversion and click rates. Kajabi Across The Universe
Another one of Kajabi’s overall notable features can be its Pipeline Builder, where you get to create specialized marketing funnels without a lot of issues. While other platforms have similar features that require much more effort and time and effort, Pipeline Builder is a breeze to use. Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even those who aren’t experts can make better use of it. This stunning feature allows you to choose from a set of pre-made funnel templates or pipeline blueprints. This includes:
- Freebies are great for when you want to offer a freebie as a lead magnet to grow your database.
- Sales Page OVO – for when you need to persuade your public to buy your product via an online sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use whenever you’re launching a course or any other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – for whenever you want to promote your business through web-based seminars
- Free Book OVO – to use any time you wish to market your content a free downloadable digital book
- Coaching Campaign OVO – for when you’re trying to promote your courses through a series of coaching sessions
- Blank plan – to use whenever you want to build your sales funnel from ground
After you pick one of the blueprints for your pipeline Kajabi will automatically generate pages and e-mails you will have to put together to make an efficient sales funnel. You can customize how you wish your funnel to appear to your audience. You could even alter the design of your landing and checkout pages, for example, to a different one There is a library with more than 40 templates for landing pages that you can choose from.
Optional Payment Options and Price
Kajabi allows you to integrate seamlessly with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal so that your students are able to select one of them to pay for your classes. Stripe is the common payment option that accepts credit and debit card transactions, as well as select e-wallet providers all over the world. PayPal however, on the contrary side, is an option to subscribe as well as multi-payment plans. There aren’t any charges for transactions on Kajabi’s side since all the money you earn are instantly transferred to your bank account.
When it comes to pricing options, Kajabi offers you a wide range to choose from. You can charge your students for your products at different time frames (one-time, subscription, and multi-payments) or distribute them at no cost. You even have the chance to decide if you want to charge a specific amount for a single item or for a variety of products, and specify specific dates your members can access within a certain timeframe. Additionally, you can create coupons that will further encourage your audience to purchase any of your offers. Kajabi Across The Universe
Integration with Third-Party Services
Kajabi may have a plethora of built-in services needed to create and market your courses However, you have the option to connect to other third-party applications for more functions. Kajabi currently has ten native integrations, including the popular analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier can be extremely helpful because it allows connections to hundreds of third-party applications and tools, ranging including e-commerce and user experience.
Training and Support for Customers
In terms of customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over other platforms because it’s among the few platforms for creating courses that offer 24/7 live chat support. Contrary to similar services that offer customer support, Kajabi’s team is always available to assist you when you’re having difficulties in creating a course or page among other issues that are important, at any time and from anywhere. It’s crucial to note that this 24 hour service is only available to instructors who subscribe to the Growth plan and above – for Basic users, live Chat support can be scheduled for certain times and days of the week. The approach of Kajabi’s customer service has been praised by those who utilize it to develop meaningful course content. Kajabi Across The Universe
As for training tools, Kajabi offers the user a range of access to use resources to master and then become proficient with. The Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses and educational content specifically geared towards teachers and edupreneurs, to help them jumpstart or improve their standing in the course creation world. Additionally, you can attend every day Q&A webinars that feature prominent experts from various areas as guests. Additionally when you’re looking for additional advice and tricks, the help center is always there to guide you in the right direction. In addition to Kajabi’s Hero University, there is Kajabi’s Hero Rewards program where course creators can earn tons of sweet perks as they achieve their targets.
What Else is Missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi may be a great all-in-one platform to develop and sell your course material However, we need to take care of a few essential things that aren’t being addressed. Most of them would have been very useful in improving the experience. These are some of the things we would like to see included in the Kajabi system shortly:
- Built-in tools to issue certificates and certificates. While some offer this feature, instructors who use Kajabi frequently will need to connect to third-party applications which specialize in issuance of certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we appreciate the way that the platform handles assessments within the course, we would like for the absence of different types of questions as well as randomization of these types – to be addressed soonest.
- Other payment options. As of this writing there are only two options for transactions: Stripe as well as PayPal will be accepted. In addition, we aren’t sure if there are limitations as well.
- An API key that is public. This could be useful for creating custom integrations such as having your students who have subscribed to your service sign in using the single sign-in option in other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi might have the most of the features that an aspiring edupreneur could ever dream of. But due to its high price plan and a certain lack in terms of functionality, the site could cause some to be turned off. If you’re seeking alternatives that have commonalities to Kajabi in terms of reliability and performance We’ve provided a list of worthy competitors you might be considering in making your choice. Kajabi Across The Universe
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in one services similar to Kajabi. The only major distinction is in the cost – starting at only $67/month You can design unlimited courses and advertise to your audience of choice without worrying about breaking the bank!
- Podia isn’t just claiming to be user-friendly. It’s also extremely easy to use, much easier than even Kajabi! While you get to benefit from marketing features Podia is much less heavy than Kajabi. But considering the very budget-friendly price range, we can imagine the way Podia will appeal to individuals who are just starting out in the business.
- While Kajabi does not have credentials or sophisticated quiz functions, Thinkific makes up for them. With a price that is affordable for beginners and a wide range of features, it certainly offers greater features that the other, and this includes live-taught courses as well as an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in the way it operates. However, it is important to understand the way that Teachable can integrate additional payment options as it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay, two gateway services Kajabi is not able to offer. You can also avail one-on-one training and other key features.
Overall, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park by offering a wide range of tools that most entrepreneurs make use of. It certainly has all the features you need to be able to create a professional-looking website to the stellar integrated marketing suite, which includes the ability to understand sales funnel blueprints and efficient email marketing tools.
There may be a few tools missing, such as the issue of certificates in particular. With a high cost, it might not be the wise choice among the budget-conscious. But we do understand that while Kajabi is very well as an all-in-one solution for creating courses but it’s not without limits. However, that doesn’t stop it however, from being a popular choice among established business owners and creators!
If you’re looking for an LMS that can provide everything you need in one platform, Kajabi is something you should strongly look into.
FAQ Kajabi Across The Universe
What is the meaning of Kajabi translate to?
The term “Kajabi” is derived from a word of Islamic as well as Arabic origin, which translates to “to take flight.”
Can I sell physical goods on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard courses, you can also sell physical items on Kajabi. It is possible to connect with Shopify to create a fully-functioning e-commerce shop on Kajabi!
Regarding marketing via e-mail Is it possible that Kajabi could be able to take over MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already comes with E-mail marketing tools integrated into the platform, it’s logical that it’s enough to take over third-party apps such as MailChimp. If you do want to use this feature, Kajabi still allows you to integrate with it and other apps as well.
Does Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has a mobile app for you and your subscribed members can access your entire courses even while on the go. Kajabi Across The Universe