Hundreds of learning management system (LMS) platforms come with various essential features that can be utilized when creating content of high quality. Although there are plenty of websites that allow you to utilize advanced marketing tools to advertise your courses to your desired audience, some might not offer all of these features. While some provide easy-to-use tools to build courses, there’ll also be few that may provide editing options that is so complicated they turn off their users.
In the sea of e-course platforms There are a handful that offer not just a simple editing interface, but also a plethora of sales and marketing functions. And on top of that they also offer almost everything you could think of including 24/7 support and training tools to top-of-the-line analytics. All-in-one course platforms let you explore beyond your limits One of them which can provide this is Kajabi.
At a Glance: What is Kajabi? Kajabi Against Shopify
Kajabi is an online platform that allows you to create and sell your courses to an customers. Branded as an all-in-one service that provides entrepreneurs from all walks of life with optimized and vital features to not just build a professional-looking website for your courses but also allow them to grow to higher levels. Kajabi is widely praised and regarded as one of the top online learning platforms, with an overwhelmingly positive rating of 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so popular and well-received by its users? There are many aspects that make this platform extremely easy for anyone to use. Firstly, it’s the extreme ease of use. From course creation all the way to marketing, nearly all of the Kajabi features are designed to be digestible even for those who are new in the e-course world. The majority of them are advanced, giving administrating instructors the added edge over the rest. In addition it allows budding entrepreneurs like you run and develop a course-making business without having to travel to another place if something else isn’t available. Kajabi has all the available tools anyone may need, living up to its ‘one-stop shop label.
What Does It Let You Do?
There are numerous ways that Kajabi lets you use as an all-in-one online course solution. We’ve compiled a list, in bullet form of the most important characteristics that you might want to keep an eye on in the event you’re considering it. In essence, Kajabi allows you:
- Create interactive and engaging courses with a wide array of customizing tools including media files, templates that you can pick according to your preference;
- Create a professional website that can display your course materials and other products and blogs to keep your students informed about what else is new;
- Effectively utilize landing pages, checkout pages, and other viable ways to improve your earnings, expand your reach over the boundaries, and generate higher conversion rates.
- Select the method you want to invoice your courses and other products to your students – whether it’s one-time payments or a subscription for a month;
- Build effective sales funnels without any problems through the use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Utilize its in-house marketing and analytics suite that includes the ability to send out e-mails as well as CRM and automation tools.
- Set up and manage your affiliate links; and
- Explore a variety of community, customer service, and training resources and features, including the Kajabi University feature.
Big Names That Have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted and used by more than 16,000 companies and famous personalities. It’s the choice of some of the well-known names who come from different industries, such as the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard, fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is the home of thousands upon thousands of courses, accessed and explored by over 35 million students across the globe. As of this writing, Kajabi is generating more than $650million in revenue since it was founded in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing plans Kajabi offers are quite different from other online course-making services in that they’re more expensive. With monthly costs that begin at as low as $119 it’s no wonder why it can be a hindrance for some who might want to give Kajabi a go. However, when you consider the number of essential features already packed into each plan, the pricing is reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin at the Basic plan priced at $149 per month or $119/mo if billed annually. This plan lets you are able to design three products, garner a maximum of 1000 active users, as well as create your own website you can customize with tools fully provided by Kajabi’s platform. Also included are unlimited landing pages, unlimited marketing emails and access to unlimited useful resources, such as one-on-one customer support as well as Kajabi University.
In addition to the Basic plan, there’s the Growth plan, which happens to be Kajabi’s most popular plan at $199 a month or $159/mo when paid annually, and the Pro plan, which costs $399 per month or $319/mo yearly and is packed with all the features you could ask for when you are designing and selling your course. Kajabi currently does not offer a free plan option. There is however a fourteen-day no-cost trial is available on all three plans. An extended trial that lasts as long as 30 days also available on certain blogs. So if you want to try the service and determine if Kajabi is the right fit for you, the short trial period is the ideal option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros and Cons – What We Really Like About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s in-house marketing suite of tools, including automated e-mail marketing, and automation are designed for businesses, so it isn’t necessary to integrate with other third-party services for that!
- The software for sales funnels. Another of the most popular features on the platform is the Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of proven and easily understandable blueprint templates – no need to get too complicated!
- Customization without limits. From the creation of professional-looking courses up to the customized website, Kajabi lets you customize to your hearts content and even build your brand from scratch.
- The simple and intuitive site and course editors. Making content using the website and course builder software has never been so simple and fast, since it takes less effort and time to complete the task.
- Infinite integrations. In addition to native integrations that integrate with the ten marketing, e-commerce and analytics solutions, connecting to Zapier’s app lets you to look and select from more than one thousand non-native platforms for better efficiency.
- Establishing meaningful relationships with your students and instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature lets you interact with students in your classes. It also lets you make connections, network and celebrate with a multitude of teachers similar to you.
The Cons – What We Don’t Like
- The pricing plans are hefty. Kajabi’s three pricing plans are greater than the average monthly rates that other providers offer. There’s no free option available as well.
- No built-in tools to issue certificates. You might need connect to a third-party certificate application if you intend to design custom-made certificates that are of different types.
- Not enough tools for student-instructor engagement. We’re not happy about the absence of certain tools, such as adequate discussion forums, as well as the ability to randomly distribute quizzes or assignments. Kajabi Against Shopify
A Review of Kajabi’s Features
Ease of Use and Experience
One thing that we like about Kajabi is its surprisingly simple user experience. First, the majority of the platform’s users interface (UI) is organized. If you look at the dashboard menu, you will notice that all features are arranged into five main sections – Website Products, Sales, Marketing, and People. The design of the menu is clear and free of confusion, as certain elements that are associated with the specific section can be collapsed. The UI design is very consistent and reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-one” hallmark. You can build an online landing page, change your course and engage with other instructors on one site.
The search assistant is a tool that can be useful anytime you’re looking for something difficult to find. The Kajabi Assistant is found at the top part of the dashboard, in the form that of a bar for searching, and allows you to search for items and tools on the site by typing in the words. Like we said, both Kajabi’s courses and site builder sections are drag-and-drop and make the process much easier without the need to know how to navigate the site. Kajabi has a smoother learning curve than several of its peers. It also supports multiple languages other that English in case you want to present your content to wider audience.
Course Creation and Engagement
If you take a look at Kajabi’s courses design feature, you will quickly come across a variety of templates for courses or products, or, as the platform calls it blueprints. Each of the product blueprints differs in terms of structure and design and can be easily modified to meet the needs of any instructor.
The blueprints listed are Mini Courses and Online Courses as well as Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form quick courses, which are typically designed as a way to build brand value, while online Courses are full-version courses with a full content structure created to offer a “world-class” educational experience. Drip courses, on the other hand, are courses that are scheduled over a set series of weeks or days. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s a much more convenient way to share your content when you as well as your students are occupied working on other projects.
Kajabi is known to many as a well-known premium course-maker. Apart from courses, the blueprints also allow you to create a membership area where your customers can enjoy exclusive content as well as a coaching session lasting 12 weeks. You can also download a blank template that allows you to create a course or product completely from scratch!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
When you look into the course builder, you’ll notice the outline of the sections and lessons that were automatically included when you select any of the course blueprints. In the case of Kajabi, these sections and lessons are referred to as groups and posts or. The posts are where you put in different types of content including text, video images, and text, while the categories serve as folders where the posts are stored.
You may also incorporate subcategories of posts within a category if you want to organize your content more flexiblely. You may also move and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a broad range of text and media files to include in your posts, including MOV and MP4 files, WAV and MP3 files, PDFs and Word documents. Upload all of them directly via your computer’s folders, or via cloud-based file sharing platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can copy and paste existing URLs of your videos to your blog posts!
Like a few select course-making platforms, Kajabi allows you to use the feature of bulk uploads. Like the name implies, you can add all your files to your courses in the same tab. This can be useful, especially if you’re busy performing other tasks.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi offers a lineup of 10+ course player themes. Unlike other LMS platforms that only allow you to be allowed to select only one of three theme options, Kajabi lets you have the freedom to choose several themes to suit different products. Similar to the course outline maker, it’s easy to customize any of the themes to match your preferences. You can even incorporate details that represent your brand, such as the logo images, fonts, and designs into your course player to cultivate a personal touch. Kajabi Against Shopify
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi offers a quiz feature called Assessments. It allows you to make quizzes and assignments and include them as part of your class. Assessments are a helpful way to determine if your students learned something from the course you’ve taught them. With the assessments feature, you can select from three main question types: multiple-choice, multi-selection, or paragraph-style. You can also set a passing score to motivate your students in engaging with your content more.
Apart from that aside from that, in addition, the LMS website has made strides in creating spaces for students and teachers to connect. Through the Community feature, students have access to comment and interact with any of your courses via their dashboards. It is possible to write your blog posts for discussion with the rest of them your previous lessons and also your future content. The community feature can be accessed either as a standalone feature or as component of your member area.
Website Design and Customizability
Why would you want to publish your course content with your domain name or WordPress web site when Kajabi offers the platform and tools to build one on the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting across three plans of pricing. What’s great about this is you’re guaranteed immediate security and security through an automatic SSL certification as well as the support of a team to manage your website.
Additionally, you have the freedom to customize your domain, and also pick from a wide array of professional, one-of-a-kind themes, which you can customize to your liking! This doesn’t stop there. If you’re an expert edupreneur and have signed up to the Growth plan and above you can use custom-designed themes that are built to meet your ever-growing needs, plus eliminate any Kajabi brand names and then replace that with your own!
Just like the course builder that we’ve discussed earlier, the page builder from Kajabi allows you to modify any of the available themes on the website using a variety of intuitive and easy-to-handle editing tools. If you continue to explore you’ll be presented with sets of blocks that can be customized and sections. They’re basically like those categories as well as posts that we’ve discussed when we’ve talked about how to build courses. Blocks are the elements that compose the site’s content including media files, text and clickable buttons. Sections are, however, are formed by multiple well-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 preset sections templates that you can pick from the dashboard of the page builder. As we’re all glued to our smartphones and small tablets, it makes total sense for Kajabi to let your site automatically adjust to mobile-friendly layout. It’s even possible to go the extra mile and select the elements of your website you want for your members to see. With all the tools you need to create your website as you wish it to look, Kajabi’s page builder is not just extremely flexible, but also fast to use.
Blogging and Other Website Features
Other LMS platforms might not offer this, but Kajabi allows you to create a section of your website that is dedicated to your blog, where you can publish updates and thoughts about your course’s content. If you want to make the most the Kajabi-made website it provides the opportunity to do so without limits. You can get started with posting blog content by making one using Text Editor. You can include SEO elements if you wish to have a wider reach, group your posts into various categories and even customize how you want your entire blog section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging features might not be on with WordPress or Blogspot, but it has enough tools to allow it to be managed. You can also create podcasts to promote on your site. You can upload audio recordings of your podcast to be hosted on the website and distributed to the major podcast listening platforms such as Apple Podcasts and Spotify. When you upload podcast episodes you can choose between two choices: publish it as a public podcast free of charge or create an exclusive private version that only your members can get access to. Kajabi Against Shopify
Marketing and Sales
One of the reasons that make Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is its array of sales and marketing tools that are extremely convenient and simple enough to even non- marketing experts to use!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A major draw for the masses, Kajabi’s built-in e-mail marketing function allows you to send e-mails related to your course and website to your subscribers students from the comfort of the platform. However, you might be amazed by the fact that it goes beyond simply send emails. With the help from Kajabi Automations, you get to automate sequences of emails that are triggered by various user actions. For instance, if your student successfully logs into one of your courses following checking out, a welcome message will be sent automatically into their email inbox. If another underperforms the course, an upsell will be sent to suggest an improvement Kajabi Against Shopify
You can send as many emails to your campaign as you wish and schedule each one in accordance with your preferences. You can even select which of your members gets to receive those messages. E-mail management has never been so complete and easy to manage. Unlike other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with e-mail marketing tools that will not require integrating with other third-party platforms to make things work.
Apart from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing option that lets you assign some of your members as affiliates to help promote your content on your behalf. Alongside paying them the commission rate and monitoring their performance to gauge how well they contribute to boosting your conversion and click rates. Kajabi Against Shopify
Another one of Kajabi’s overall notable features are the Pipeline Builder, where you can create custom marketing funnels that do not have any overly complicated difficulties. While other platforms have similar features that require much more effort and time however, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be so quick and easy that even the uninitiated are able to make the most of it. This stunning feature lets you choose from a variety of pre-designed funnel templates or pipeline blueprints. These include the following:
- Freebie – for whenever you want to offer an offer as a lead magnet to build your database.
- Sales Page OVO is a great option when you need to persuade your public to buy your product via the sales page
- Product Launch OVO is a great option for any time you’re launching a course or other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO is a great option for occasions when you need to advertise your product via web training seminars
- Free Book OVO – to use whenever you want to market your content a free downloadable digital book
- Coaching Campaign OVO is for any time you’re promoting your courses through an array of coaching sessions
- Blank design – for when you want to build the sales funnel you want from ground
When you choose from one of the pipeline blueprints Kajabi will automatically generate a set of pages and e-mails you will require to create an efficient sales funnel. You can customize how you would like your sales funnel to appear to your target audience. You can even alter the look of your checkout and landing pages, for example, to a different one There is a library filled with 40+ templates for landing pages that you can pick from.
Prices and Payment Methods
Kajabi lets you integrate seamlessly with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal to ensure that your students can choose one of them to pay for your course. Stripe is a popular payment option that allows debit and credit card transactions, as well as certain e-wallet providers across the world. PayPal is, on the other side, is an alternative for subscribers as well as multi-payment plans. There aren’t any urgent fees for transactions on the part of Kajabi, as all your earnings are immediately sent directly to the bank accounts of your choice.
For the pricing, Kajabi gives an array of options for you of options to select from. You can either charge your students for your services at different time frames (one-time subscription, one-time, or multiple payments) or give them away for free. You also have the option to choose whether you’re planning to charge a set amount for one item or for a variety of products, as well as establish specific dates for your customers can access within a specific period of time. You also get to generate coupons to further motivate your audience to purchase the products you offer. Kajabi Against Shopify
Integrations with Third-Party Services
Kajabi has a variety of built-in tools to create and market your courses However, you have the option to connect to third-party applications to provide more functions. The platform currently supports ten native integrations, including the well-known analytics service Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier can be extremely helpful because it allows connections with hundreds of other tools and third-party apps including e-commerce and user experience.
Customer Support and Training Resources
When it comes to customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over its competitors because it is one of the only course creation platforms that offer 24/7 live chat assistance. In contrast to other similar platforms that offer customer support, Kajabi’s team is always ready to help you whenever you’re having difficulties in creating pages or courses, among other important issues, anytime and anywhere. However, it’s important to note that this 24 hour support is available to instructors who subscribe to the Growth plan up to for basic users live chat support is scheduled for certain times and days of the week. The approach of Kajabi’s customer service has been praised by those who utilize it to design useful course content. Kajabi Against Shopify
In terms of tools for training, Kajabi gives the user a range of access to access resources that you can learn and get used to. Its Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses and educational content specifically targeted at educators and edupreneurs who want to get started or increase their standing in the field of course development. You’re also invited to every day Q&A webinars that feature prominent experts from various areas as guests. Additionally when you’re looking for other information and tips assistance, the help section is available to help you in the right direction. Alongside Kajabi’s Hero University, there is also a Kajabi Hero Rewards program in which course creators get rewarded with numerous sweet rewards when they achieve their targets.
What is the other thing that is missing from Kajabi?
Kajabi might be a fantastic all-in-one tool to design and market your course content However, we need to address a few vital things that aren’t being addressed. The majority of these would be extremely useful to enhance the user experience. Below are the items we would like to see added to Kajabi’s system in the near future:
- Built-in tools for issuance of certificates and credentials. While some offer this feature, instructors who use Kajabi frequently will require connecting to third-party software that are specialized in the issue of certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we appreciate the platform’s handling of assessments within courses, we wish that the absence of different types of questions and the randomization of those types – to be addressed soonest.
- Additional payment options. As of this writing there are only two options for transactions: Stripe and PayPal will be accepted. In addition, we don’t appreciate how there are limitations as well.
- A public API key. This could be useful for creating custom integrations for example, having your students who have subscribed to your service log in with the single sign-in option with other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi could have the majority of the features that an aspiring Edupreneur would ever want to have. But due to its high price plan and a plethora in features it might turn some people off. If you’re seeking alternatives that have similarity with Kajabi with regards to performance and reliability We’ve provided a list of worthy competitors you might think about when making your choice. Kajabi Against Shopify
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in one services that are similar to Kajabi. The only significant difference is the price beginning at just $67 per month You can design unlimited courses and sell your course to the right audience without worrying about the cost!
- Podia does not just claim to be user-friendly. It’s also very easy to use, far easier than Kajabi! Although you can benefit from marketing features Podia is much less heavy than the other. But considering the very budget-friendly price range we can see the way Podia is a great choice for DIY entrepreneurs getting into the business.
- While Kajabi lacks credentials and sophisticated quiz functions, Thinkific makes up for them. With its affordable price, it sure does offer greater features that Kajabi, and this includes live lessons and an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is like Thinkific in the manner it works. However, it is important to understand how the former can incorporate additional payment options as it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay two gateways that Kajabi does not have. It also lets you utilize one-on-one training and other key features.
Overall, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park for having nearly all the tools that most entrepreneurs make use of. It sure does offer the basic features that everyone needs, from intuitive functions needed to create a professional-looking website to the stellar integrated marketing suite that includes the ability to understand diagrams of sales funnels as well as efficient e-mail marketing tools.
There are a few tools that are missing, such as the issuance of certificates, in particular. Also, with its high cost, it may not be the right choice for the budget-conscious. But we do understand that, while Kajabi does well in being an all-in-one solution for creating courses however, it’ll always have limitations. However, that doesn’t stop it but it is an extremely popular choice for established entrepreneurs and creators!
If you’re looking to find an LMS that can provide everything you require in one place, Kajabi is something you ought to seriously consider.
FAQ Kajabi Against Shopify
What does the word Kajabi mean?
The word “Kajabi” derives from the word “Kajabi,” which is of Islamic as well as Arabic origin that means “to take flight.”
Do I have the ability to sell physical items on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard programs, you can sell physical items on Kajabi. It is possible to integrate with Shopify to build a fully functional e-commerce shop on the platform!
Concerning e-mail marketing is it possible Kajabi could be able to take over MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already comes with the tools for marketing via email built into the platform, it’s natural that it’s enough to take over third-party apps such as MailChimp. However, if you wish to utilize it, Kajabi still allows you to integrate with it and other applications as well.
Does Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has a mobile app so that you and your subscribed members can access all your course materials even when traveling. Kajabi Against Shopify