Hundreds of learning management system (LMS) platforms offer various crucial features that you can utilize whenever you create meaningful content. While there may be plenty of sites that let you make use of modern marketing tools to advertise classes to your desired audience, some might not offer all of the features. Although some sites provide simple-to-use tools for creating courses, there will also be few that may have an editing experience that is so complicated it turns off its users.
Among a sea of e-course platforms There are a handful that provide more than the basic editing interface but also an array of marketing and sales functions. In addition to that, they also offer nearly everything you’d ever want such as 24/7 assistance and training tools to top-of-the-line analytics. All-in-one courses let you discover the world beyond your boundaries One of them that provide it is Kajabi.
At a Glance How do you define Kajabi? Kajabi Along The Hudson
Kajabi can be described as an online service that allows you to create and sell your courses to an audience of students. It is marketed as a complete service that provides entrepreneurs from all aspects of their lives with the most efficient and vital features to not only create a professional site for your courses, but help them rise to greater heights. Kajabi has been praised by the media and is regarded as one of the most effective online learning platforms, with an overwhelmingly positive score of 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so well-liked and appreciated among its users? It’s true that there are numerous factors that make this platform very convenient for everyone to use. Firstly, it’s the extreme simplicity of usage. From the course creation to marketing and sales the majority of Kajabi’s aspects are designed to be accessible to those who are just getting started in the e-course world. Most of them are also advanced, giving instructors an advantage over the rest. In addition it allows budding entrepreneurs like you to run and create an online course without the need to look to another place if something else isn’t available. Kajabi offers all the equipment that one could need and is a true testament its ‘one stop shop label.
What Can It Do? Do?
There are many kinds of methods that Kajabi can create an all-in-one e-learning solution. We’ve put together a list in bullet points, of its important features that you may want to watch out for if you’re considering it. In essence, Kajabi allows you:
- Create engaging and interactive classes using a range of customizing tools, media files, and templates that you can pick in accordance with your personal preferences.
- Create a visually appealing website to house your course contents and products, as well as blogs to keep your students informed about what’s new.
- Effectively utilize websites, landing pages and checkout sites, and other viable methods to boost the profits you earn, extend your reach over the boundaries, and generate higher conversion rates;
- Select the method you want to invoice your courses and other products for your students, whether it’s a one-time fee or a monthly subscription;
- Build effective sales funnels without any problems through the use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Utilize its in-house marketing and analytics suite with e-mail marketing, CRM, and automation tools;
- Create and manage your affiliate links.
- Explore an array of community, customer service, and training resources in conjunction with the Kajabi University feature.
The Big Names Who Have Utilized Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted by more than 16,000 organizations and celebrities. It’s the choice of some of the well-known names who come from different industries, such as online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard, fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi hosts thousands upon thousands of courses, accessed and explored by over 35 million students from all over the world. As of this the time this article was written, Kajabi has generated over $650 million in sales since it was founded in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing plans Kajabi provides are different than other online course creation tools in that they’re much more expensive. With monthly rates that start at just $119, it’s no wonder why this can impede some people who would want to give it a try. But considering the huge amount of essential features already packed in each plan, pricing is reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin by offering the Basic plan priced at $149 per month, or $119/month if billed annually. This plan lets you can create three products, garner a maximum of 1,000 active customers, and make a website that you can create with the tools offered by Kajabi’s platform. Also included are unlimited pages for landing pages, unlimited marketing e-mails, and unlimited access to useful resources, such as one-on-one customer support and Kajabi University.
Apart from basic plans, there’s the Growth plan, which happens to be Kajabi’s most popular plan with a monthly cost of $199 or $159/month if you pay annually, as well as the Pro plan for $399 per month or $319/month yearly that is loaded to the brim with every feature you’d like when making and selling your courses. Kajabi is currently not offering any free plans. However, a 14-day no-cost trial is offered for each of the three plans. An extended trial that lasts for up to 30 days available on certain blogs. If you wish to try the service and determine if Kajabi is the right choice for you, the short trial offer is the best way to go.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros and Cons – What We Really Like About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s in-house marketing suite of tools, including automated e-mail marketing, and automation are designed to be designed for businesses, so it isn’t necessary to integrate with any other third-party service for that!
- The sales funnel software. Another of the most popular features on the platform, the sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of proven and easily understood blueprint templates – no need to be overly complicated!
- Unlimited customization. From the creation of professional-looking courses all the way to the custom domain, Kajabi lets you customize according to your own preferences – and even build your brand from scratch.
- The easy and intuitive website along with course editors. The creation of content using the website and course creator software was never so simple and fast, since it requires less time and effort to get everything done.
- Unlimited integrations are endless. Apart from native integrations to ten e-commerce, marketing, and analytics solutions, connecting to Zapier’s app allows users to investigate and select from more than a thousand non-native platforms to increase efficiency.
- Establishing meaningful relationships with fellow instructors and students. Kajabi’s Community feature lets you interact with students in your classes. You can also connect, network, and celebrate with a multitude of teachers who happen to be in the same shoes as you.
The Cons – What We Do Not Like
- The pricey pricing plans. Kajabi’s three pricing plans are greater than the typical monthly prices offered by other services. There’s no free plan available neither.
- No built-in tools to issue certificates. It is possible connect to a third-party certificate application if you intend to create custom-made ones of different kinds.
- Not enough tools for student-instructor engagement. We don’t appreciate the lack of some particular features, including appropriate discussion forums as well as the ability to randomly assign quizzes or assignments. Kajabi Along The Hudson
An Overview of the Kajabi Features
Easy of Use and Experience
One thing that we like one thing we like about Kajabi is the shockingly easy user experience. For one, most of the User Interface (UI) is well-organized. If you check the dashboard menu, you may see that the functions are divided into five major sections: Website Products, Sales Marketing, and People. The menu’s design leaves no space for obstruction, since some of the elements that are associated with a specified section are collapsible. The UI style is very uniform, reflecting Kajabi’s ‘all-in-one’ trademark. You get to create an online landing page, change your course, and engage with other instructors on one site.
There is a search assistant tool that can be useful when you need to search for something that may be hard to find. The Kajabi Assistant is located at the top of the dashboard, in the form that of a bar for searching, it allows you to search for specific tools and products on the site by typing in the words. As previously mentioned, both Kajabi’s courses and site builder sections can be moved and dropped which makes the process easier without needing to learn how to navigate it. Kajabi is more user-friendly and has a less arduous learning curve than some of its competitors. It can also be used in other languages than English if you wish to present your content to wider audiences.
Course Creation and Engagement
Once you explore Kajabi’s course creation function, you may be able to see a collection of templates for courses or products or, as the platform refers to them, blueprints. Each of the blueprints for products varies in structure and type and can be easily modified to meet the needs of any instructor.
In the blueprints that are listed are Mini Courses and Online Courses and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form , quick courses, which are typically designed in order to increase brand value, while Online Courses are full-version types with a full content structure designed for a “world-class” educational experience. Drip courses on the other hand, are courses that are scheduled over the course of a specified number of days or weeks. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s an easier method to distribute your content when you and your students are busy with other things.
Kajabi is known to many as a popular premium course maker. Apart from kinds of courses offered, the blueprints allow you to create a membership space where your customers can enjoy exclusive content as well as a coaching session lasting 12 weeks. There’s also a blank template which allows you to design your own course or product from the ground up!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
If you continue to look into the course builder, you’ll notice an outline of sections and lessons that were automatically added if you choose one of the blueprints for your course. In the case of Kajabi, these segments and classes are referred to as groups and posts respectively. The posts are where you put in different types of content like text, videos, and images, while the categories serve as folders where the posts are stored.
You can also include subcategories of posts within a category if you want to structure your content flexibly. You can also move and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a broad range of media and text files to include in your posts. These include MOV and MP4 files, MP3 and WAV files, PDFs and Word documents. Upload any of them either through your computer’s folders or through file-sharing cloud platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can copy and paste existing URLs of your video to your posts!
As with a handful of other platforms for creating courses, Kajabi allows you to make use of the bulk upload feature. Like the name implies it allows you to upload all your files to your courses on one tab. This one is handy, especially if you’re busy doing other important stuff.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi provides a selection of more than 10 themes for courses. In contrast to other LMS platforms where you’re only allowed to select the theme you want to use, Kajabi lets you have the option of choosing several themes to suit different products. Like the outline maker, it’s simple to alter any theme to fit your style. It is possible to incorporate specifics of your brand including logos, images, and font designs into your course player in order to give it a an individual touch. Kajabi Along The Hudson
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi offers a quiz feature called Assessments that allows you to design and create assignments and quizzes and then add them to the course of your curriculum. Assessments are a helpful method of determining the extent to which your students gained from the curriculum you’ve given them. Through the assessment feature, you get to choose from three different question types: multiple-choice, multi-selection, or paragraph-style. You can even set a passing score to motivate your students to engage with your material more.
Apart from that, in addition, the LMS website has been able to make strides in creating areas for teachers and students to connect. Through the Community feature students have access to comment and interact with all of your courses on their dashboards. You can even write in your posts to discuss with your fellow students about your lessons from the past as well as your future content. The community feature can be accessed either as a standalone feature or as part of your membership area.
Website Design and Customizability
Why would you want to publish your course content to your web domain or WordPress site when Kajabi provides the platform and the tools to make one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting on all three plans of pricing. The best part is that you’re assured of instant safety and security with the automatic SSL certification and a team to help maintain your website.
You also have the option to personalize your domain and also pick from a variety of premium, unique themes, all of which you can modify to your liking! The possibilities don’t end there: If you’re an expert edupreneur and signed to the Growth plan and higher, you get to import custom-made themes built to meet your ever-growing needs, plus eliminate all Kajabi logos and substitute it with your own!
Just like the course builder that we’ve discussed previously, Kajabi’s page builders lets you modify any of the given themes on the website using a variety of intuitive and easy-to-handle editing tools. If you continue to explore, you will be greeted with customizable sets of blocks and sections. They’re essentially like the categories and posts from when we’ve discussed how to build courses. Blocks are the elements that make up the site’s content which includes media files, text and clickable buttons. Sections on the other hand are made up of multiple neatly-arranged blocks.
There are more than 40 pre-designed section templates that can be picked from the dashboard of the page builder. Since we’re all connected to our smartphones and tablets these days it is logical for Kajabi to let your site automatically adjust to mobile layout. You can go an extra mile by picking the element of your site you would like members to view. With all the tools you need to build your site however you want it to appear Kajabi’s page builders are not just incredibly flexible, but also fast to use.
Blogging and Other Website Features
Other LMS platforms might not offer this, but Kajabi lets you create sections of your website specifically for your blog. There, you can share information and comments on the content of your course. If you want to make the most of your Kajabi-created website it provides an area where you can post your blog posts without limitations. Start by creating posting blog content by making one using an editor for text. You can include SEO elements if you’d like to have a wider reach, group your posts into various categories or even change the way you want your entire blog section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging tools might not be on par as WordPress or Blogspot However, it comes with enough tools to make it manageable. You can also create podcasts that you could promote on your website. You may upload recordings of your podcasts to be hosted on the site and distributed to the major podcasting platforms like iTunes Podcasts as well as Spotify. When you upload a podcast episode, you have two options: release it as a podcast that is public free of charge or create an exclusive private one that only your users have access to. Kajabi Along The Hudson
Marketing and Sales
Part of what makes Kajabi so popular among edupreneurs is its slew of sales and marketing tools that are extremely convenient and simple enough even for those who aren’t marketing experts to use!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A huge draw among the crowd, Kajabi’s built in E-mail marketing functions allow you to send emails about your course and website to your subscribers students while seated on the platform. But you may be surprised by the fact that it goes beyond sending e-mails. With the aid from Kajabi Automations, you get to create automated sequences of e-mails triggered by various user actions. For example, when a student successfully logs into one of your classes after checking out, a welcome message will be sent automatically directly to the student’s inbox. If another course is not performing the course, an upsell will be sent to suggest improvement Kajabi Along The Hudson
You are able to create as many e-mails to your campaign as you want and schedule each one in accordance to your preference. You can also choose which members of your group are eligible the messages. The management of e-mails has never been so comprehensive yet easy to handle. Unlike other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with tools for marketing e-mails that you will not require connecting to other third-party platforms in order to make it work.
Aside from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing feature where you get to assign certain members of yours as affiliates who can help advertise your website on behalf of you. In addition to paying them the commission rate and monitoring their performance to determine how well they contribute to boosting your conversion and click rates. Kajabi Along The Hudson
Another of Kajabi’s top features can be the Pipeline Builder, where you are able to design specialized marketing funnels without a lot of issues. While other platforms offer similar features that require much more effort and time, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be extremely simple and quick that even those who aren’t experts can benefit from it. This amazing feature lets you choose from a set of pre-made funnel designs or pipeline blueprints. They include:
- Freebie – for whenever you’d like to offer an offer as a lead magnet to grow your database.
- Sales Page OVO – to use any time you wish to convince your intended customers to purchase your product via the sales page
- Product Launch OVO – for when you’re launching courses or any other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO is a great option for whenever you want to promote your products through web training seminars
- Free Book OVO is a great resource for whenever you want to showcase your content an online book for free download.
- Coaching Campaign OVO – to use whenever you’re promoting your classes through the use of coaching sessions
- Blank blueprint – for whenever you’d like to construct an effective sales funnel right from beginning
Once you select from any of the blueprints for a pipeline, Kajabi automatically creates a set of pages and e-mails you will need to pull off an effective sales funnel. You may customize however you want your pipeline to appear to your target audience. You may even change the look of your checkout and landing pages, for example changing the design to a different theme There is a library full of 40+ page templates that you can select from.
Payment and Pricing Options
Kajabi allows you to integrate seamlessly with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal so that your students can get to choose between them when they pay for your classes. Stripe is the common payment option that allows debit and credit card transactions, as well as certain e-wallet providers across the world. PayPal, on the other side, is an option to subscribe and multi-payment plans. There aren’t any charges for transactions on Kajabi’s side since all the money you earn are immediately sent to your bank account.
In terms of the pricing, Kajabi provides you a wide range of pricing options. You can either make your student pay for products at different dates (one-time or subscription and multiple payments) or give them away to them for free. You even have the chance to choose whether you’re planning to charge a specific amount for a specific item or for a variety of products, as well as establish specific dates for your members can access within a specific timeframe. You also get to generate coupons to further motivate your target audience to buy the products you offer. Kajabi Along The Hudson
Integrations to Third-Party Services
Kajabi is a host of built-in tools to develop and promote your courses, but you also can connect to third-party applications to provide an additional boost of functions. The platform is currently able to support 10 native integrations, which include the well-known analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier is extremely useful since it allows you to establish connections with hundreds more tools and third-party apps from e-commerce to user experience.
Training and Customer Support Resources
When it comes to customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over the rest as it’s among the only course creation platforms that offer 24/7 live chat support. In contrast to other similar platforms, Kajabi’s customer support team is always ready to help you whenever you’re having difficulties in creating pages or courses, among other important issues, anytime and anywhere. However, it’s important to note that this 24 hour feature is available for instructors who subscribe to the Growth plan upwards – for Basic users, live chat support is scheduled at certain times and times during the day. However, Kajabi’s method of customer service has been well-received by many who use it to create meaningful educational content. Kajabi Along The Hudson
In terms of tools for training, Kajabi gives you a variety of ways to access resources that you can master and then become proficient with. Its Kajabi Hero University is packed with courses, tutorials and educational content specifically targeted at educators and edupreneurs to help them jumpstart or improve their standing in the world of course design. You’re also invited to every day Q&A webinars that feature leading experts from different areas as guests. Additionally If you’re in search of other information and tips assistance, the help section is available to help you along the way. Apart from Kajabi’s Hero University, there is an additional Kajabi Hero Rewards program where course creators get rewarded with tons of sweet perks as they meet their targets.
What Else is Missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi may be a great all-in-one platform to develop and sell your course material However, we need to look at a few crucial aspects that aren’t being addressed. A majority of them could be extremely useful to improve the experience. These are some of the things we’d like to see added to Kajabi’s system in the near future:
- Built-in tools to issue certificates and credentials. Although some of them offer this option instructors who utilize Kajabi will often require a connection to third-party apps which specialize in issuance of certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we are pleased with the platform’s handling of assessments within the course, we would like that the absence of different types of questions as well as randomization of these types and their randomization to be resolved as quickly as possible.
- Other payment options. As of this writing, only transactions via Stripe or PayPal are accepted. Not only that, we don’t understand why there are limits also.
- A public API key. This would have been useful for custom integrations, like the ability to let your subscribers login using a single sign-in option in other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi may have essentially most of the features an Edupreneur would ever want to have. However, due to the high cost plan and a certain lack in terms of functionality, the site might make some people turn away. If you’re seeking alternatives that have collective similarities to Kajabi in terms of reliability and performance We’ve provided a list of worthy competitors that you may want to consider in your decision. Kajabi Along The Hudson
- New Zenler is an online course platform that offers all-in-one services that are similar to Kajabi. The only significant difference is the price beginning at just $67 per month You can design unlimited courses and market to your target audience without worrying about the cost!
- Podia does not just claim to be user-friendly. It’s also extremely simple to use, and much more user-friendly than even Kajabi! While you get to utilize marketing tools Podia is much less heavy than Kajabi. But considering the very budget-friendly cost, we can see the ways Podia is a great choice for individuals who are just starting out in the business.
- While Kajabi does not have credentials or sophisticated quiz functions, Thinkific makes up for them. With a price that is affordable for beginners, it sure does offer higher-end features than Kajabi, and this includes live-taught courses as well as a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is similar to Thinkific in the way it functions. However, it is important to understand how Teachable is able to incorporate additional payment options, as it supports Google Pay and Apple Pay two gateways that Kajabi is not able to offer. You can also avail one-on-one coaching and other core features.
All in all, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park by having nearly all the tools that most entrepreneurs use. It does provide the essentials anyone must need including the intuitive features needed to build a professional-looking website to the stellar built-in marketing suite with the addition of simple sales funnel blueprints and efficient email marketing tools.
There are a few tools missing like the issue of certificates specifically. Also, with its high cost, it may not be the best choice for the budget-conscious. However, we understand that even though Kajabi performs well in being an all-in-one solution for course creation but it’s not without limits. However, that doesn’t stop it however, from being a favorite among experienced business owners and creators!
If you’re still looking for an LMS that can provide everything you require on one platform, Kajabi is something you must seriously consider.
FAQ Kajabi Along The Hudson
What does the word Kajabi translate to?
The term “Kajabi” derives from a word with Islamic (or Arabic origin that means “to take flight.”
Can I sell physical products on Kajabi?
Yes! In addition to the normal courses, you can also sell physical products through Kajabi. It is possible to join with Shopify to create a fully-functioning online store on the platform!
Regarding marketing via e-mail is it possible Kajabi could be able to take over MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already has the tools for marketing via email built within the platform, it’s logical that it’s sufficient to replace third-party programs such as MailChimp. However, if you want to use the platform, Kajabi still allows you to connect it with other applications too.
Are you sure that Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi also has a mobile app for you and the members who have subscribed can access all your courses even while traveling. Kajabi Along The Hudson