Hundreds of learning management system (LMS) platforms come with many crucial features that you can utilize whenever you create meaningful content. While there could be a lot of sites that let you make use of modern marketing tools to advertise your courses to your desired audience, others may not have most of the features. While some provide easy-to-use course-building tools, there will be a few that have an editing experience that is so complicated it turns its users off.
In the sea of e-course platforms There are a handful which offer more than just an easy editing interface, but also an array of sales and marketing functions. In addition to that they offer nearly everything you could think of, from 24/7 help and training tools to top-of-the-line analytics. All-in-one platforms for courses allow you to go beyond the limits of your abilities, and one of those that provide it is Kajabi.
A Quick Look Kajabi: What exactly is Kajabi? Kajabi Alternatives
Kajabi is an online platform that lets you make and sell your course content to your student audience. The company is advertised as an all-in-one solution that provides entrepreneurs from all kinds of industries with the best and vital features to not only create a professional website for your courses , but help them rise to new heights. Kajabi is widely praised and is regarded as one of the top online course platforms, gaining an overwhelmingly positive score from 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so popular and well-received among its users? There are many factors that make this platform very convenient for everyone to utilize. Firstly, it’s the extreme ease of use. From course creation to marketing and sales almost all of the Kajabi features are designed to be easily accessible to those who are just getting started in the world of online courses. Most of them are also advanced, giving instructors the added edge over others. Additionally, it lets budding entrepreneurs like you run and develop an online course without the need to look to another place if something else isn’t available. Kajabi offers all the equipment that one could need, living up to its ‘one-stop shop name.
What Does It Let You Do?
There are numerous methods that Kajabi can do as an all-in-one e-course solution. We’ve compiled a list, in bullet points, of its important characteristics that you might want to watch out for in the event you’re considering using it. In essence, Kajabi allows you:
- Create interactive and engaging courses with a wide array of tools for customizing including media files, templates you can select according to your preference;
- Create a visually appealing website to display your course materials and materials and a blog where you can keep your students updated on what’s new.
- Make the most of landing pages, checkout pages, and other effective ways to improve your profits, further your reach to the limit and boost conversion rates;
- Select the method you want to invoice your courses and other products for your students, whether it’s a one-time payment or a subscription for a month;
- Build effective sales funnels without any issues by making use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Use its own marketing and analytics software with e-mail marketing, CRM, and automation tools;
- Set up and manage your affiliate links; and
- Explore a wide variety of community and training materials in conjunction with Kajabi University.
Famous Names that have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is used and trusted by more than 16,000 companies and celebrities. Kajabi is the preferred choice of several well-known personalities that are from various sectors, like online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard, fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is home to thousands upon thousands of courses, which are accessed and explored by more than 35 million students all over the world. In the last the time this article was written, Kajabi boasts more than $650 million of sales since its establishment in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing options that Kajabi provides are very different than other online course creation services in that they’re much more expensive. With monthly prices that start at as low as $119 it’s no wonder that this can impede some people who would be interested in giving the service a shot. But considering the huge amount of essential features already packed in each plan, the pricing is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start at the Basic plan that costs $149 per month or $119/month for billing annually. In this plan, you can create three products, garner an maximum of 1 000 active clients, and make websites that you are able to create with the tools offered by Kajabi’s platform. Included are unlimited landing websites, indefinite marketing emails as well as unlimited access to valuable resources, including one-on one customer service and Kajabi University.
Apart from the Basic plan, there’s the Growth plan which is the platform’s most popular offer at $199 a month or $159/month if you pay annually. There is also the Pro plan for $399 per month or $319/mo yearly that is loaded to the brim with every feature you could ask for when creating and selling your courses. Kajabi currently does not offer a free plan option. But a 14-day no-cost trial is available on all three plans. A trial extension that runs for up to 30 days also offered on select blogs. If you’re looking to try the service and determine if Kajabi is the right choice for you, the short trial offer is the best way to go.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Like About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s own marketing suite of tools, including email marketing and automation are optimized for business, and you don’t have to connect with third-party solutions for this!
- The software that creates sales funnels. Another one of the platforms most-loved selling points The Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of proven and easily accessible blueprint templates. No need to get too complicated!
- The ability to customize without limitations. From designing professional-looking course websites all the way to the custom domain, Kajabi lets you customize according to your own preferences – and even build your brand from the ground up.
- The simple and intuitive site as well as course editor. Making content with the site and course creator software was never so easy and quick, as it takes less time and effort to finish the job.
- Limitless integrations are endless. In addition to native integrations that integrate with 10 e-commerce, marketing and analytics services, connection to the app Zapier allows users to investigate and select from more than one thousand non-native platforms that can improve your efficiency.
- Building worthwhile relationships with fellow instructors and students. Kajabi’s community feature lets you connect with students enrolled in any of your courses. It also lets you make connections, network and celebrate with tons of teachers who happen to be in the same shoes as you.
The Cons – Things We Don’t Like
- The pricing plans are hefty. The three plans offered by Kajabi are more than the average monthly rate offered by other services. There’s no free option available as well.
- There are no built-in tools for issuance of certificates. It is possible to connect to a third-party certificate app if you plan to design custom-made certificates of different kinds.
- Not enough tools for student-instructor engagement. We’re not happy about the absence of certain tools, such as adequate discussion forums, as well as the ability to randomly distribute quizzes or assignments. Kajabi Alternatives
The Review of Kajabi’s features
Ease of Use and Experience
One thing that we like one thing we like about Kajabi is the surprisingly easy user experience. For one, most of the platform’s User Interface (UI) is organized. If you look at the dashboard menu, you may notice that all features are organized into five main sections: Website, Products, Sales, Marketing and People. The design of the menu leaves no space for clutter, as some aspects that belong to the specific section can be collapsed. The UI design is very consistent and reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-one” hallmark. You can build an online landing page, change your course, and interact with your fellow instructors through one website.
It has a search assistant tool that comes in handy when you need to search for something that may be difficult to find. The Kajabi Assistant can be found in the top of the dashboard, in the form of a search bar and allows you to search for tools and items on the website by typing in the keywords. As mentioned previously, both Kajabi’s website builder and course builder sections can be moved and dropped which makes the process easier without the need to know how to navigate it. Kajabi is a more streamlined learning curve than several of its peers. It can also be used in other languages that English in case you want to expose your content to broader audience.
Course Design and Engagement
When you go through Kajabi’s course design feature, you will be able to see a collection of course or product templates, or the way it calls it, blueprints. Each of the product blueprints is different in its structure and style and can be customized to fit any instructor’s needs.
The blueprints listed are Mini Courses, Online Courses, and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form quick courses, which are typically designed as a means of gaining the brand’s value, whereas Online Courses are full-version courses with a complete content structure that are designed to provide an “world-class” educational experience. Drip courses, on the other hand, are courses that are scheduled for an established period of days or weeks. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s an efficient method of sharing your content when you or your students are busy with other things.
Kajabi is known to many as a popular premium course-maker. However, in addition to the courses, the blueprints let you create a membership area where your customers can enjoy exclusive content and a coach session for 12 weeks. The template is also blank which allows you to design an entire course or product completely from the ground up!
Categories, Posts, and Content Uploads
When you explore the course builder, you’ll notice an outline of sections and lessons that were automatically added when you select one of the blueprints for your course. In Kajabi’s case, those sections and lessons are known as groups and posts and vice versa. Posts are the places where you put in different types of content such as text, video images, and text, while the categories function as folders where the posts are kept.
You can also include subcategories of posts under a category if you want to structure your content flexibly. You may also move and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a wide variety of text and media files that can be used to add to your posts, such as MP4 and MOV files, WAV and MP3 files PDFs, and even Word documents. Upload any of them either from your computer folders or file-sharing cloud platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can copy and paste existing URLs of your videos to your posts!
Like a few select course-making platforms, Kajabi allows you to use the bulk upload feature. Like the name implies, you can add all the files you have uploaded to your courses on one page. This one is handy particularly if you’re doing other important stuff.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi offers a lineup of more than 10 themes for course players. Contrary to other LMS platforms, where you’re allowed to select only one of three theme options, Kajabi lets you have the freedom to choose different themes for various products. Like the outline creator, it’s simple to modify any theme to suit your personal style. You can even incorporate details of your company’s image, such as the logo, images, and font designs , into the course player to add a an individual touch. Kajabi Alternatives
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi offers a quiz feature called Assessments where you get to create quizzes and assignments and then add them to the course of your course. Assessments can be a great way to assess whether your students have learned something from the course you’ve taught them. Through the assessment feature, you get to select from three main types of questions: multiple-choice multiple-selection, and paragraph-style. You can also set an acceptable score to encourage your students to engage with your material more.
In addition in addition, it is also important to note that the LMS website has made progress in providing spaces for teachers and students to interact. Through the Community feature students have access to participate and leave comments on any of your courses via their dashboards. You can also write your posts to discuss with your fellow students about your previous lessons and your upcoming content. The community feature is available either as a standalone product or as part of your membership space.
Website Design and Customizability
Why would you want to publish your course content to your web domain as well as WordPress site when Kajabi has the platform and tools to make one within the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting on the three pricing plans. What’s awesome about it is you’re guaranteed instant safety and security with an automated SSL certification and an experienced team of experts to maintain your site.
You also have the option to modify your domain and also pick from a variety of unique, professional themes, all of which you can customize to your hearts content! It doesn’t stop there: if you’re an expert edupreneur and are a member of the Growth plan and above you can use custom-designed themes that are built to fit your ever-expanding needs as well as remove the Kajabi branding and replace it with your custom-designed theme!
Similar to the course builders we’ve talked about earlier, the page builder from Kajabi lets you modify any of the available themes for websites using a set of easy-to-use and user-friendly editing tools. If you continue to explore, you will be greeted with customizable sets of blocks and sections. They’re similar to those categories as well as posts that we’ve discussed when we discussed how to build courses. Blocks are referred to as the elements that compose the content of the website, such as media files, text and clickable buttons. Sections are, however, are formed by multiple neatly-arranged blocks.
There are more than 40 pre-designed section templates that can be picked from the page builder’s dashboard. We’re all hooked to our phones and tiny tablets these days it’s logical for Kajabi to let your site automatically adjust to mobile layout. It’s even possible to go the extra mile by picking the element of your site you would like members to see. With all the necessary tools to make your site look as you wish it to look, Kajabi’s page builder is not only super flexible but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Web-based Features
Other LMS platforms may not provide this, but Kajabi lets you create a section of your website specifically for your blog. There, you can publish updates and thoughts on your course content. If you want to make the most out the Kajabi-made website it provides a space where you can post your blog posts without limitations. You can get started with the blog post by making one using an editor for text. You can include SEO elements if you want to reach a larger audience and organize your blog posts into various categories or even change the way you want your entire blog section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging capabilities may not be as up to par as WordPress or Blogspot however, it does have enough tools to allow it to be managed. You can also create podcasts that you can promote on your site. You can upload audio recordings of your podcast to be hosted on the site and distributed to the major podcasting platforms like Apple Podcasts and Spotify. When uploading an episode of your podcast there are two options: release the podcast as a public one free of charge or create an exclusive private version which only your subscribers can get access to. Kajabi Alternatives
Marketing and Sales
A big part of what makes Kajabi so popular with edupreneurs is its slew of sales and marketing tools that are supremely easy and straightforward for even those who aren’t marketing experts to utilize!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A big draw among the crowd, Kajabi’s built-in E-mail marketing functions allow you to send e-mails about your course and website to your subscribers students while seated on the platform. However, you might be amazed by the fact that it goes beyond just send e-mails. With the aid of Kajabi Automations, you get to build automated sequences of emails that are triggered by different kinds of user actions. For instance, if your student logs in successfully to one of your courses following checking out, a welcome message will be automatically delivered into their email inbox. If the course performs poorly then an upsell message is delivered to offer suggestions for improvement Kajabi Alternatives
You can send as many e-mails for your campaign as you like and schedule each of them in accordance with your preferences. You can even select which members of your group are eligible the messages. E-mail management has never been this extensive and yet simple to manage. Unlike other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with tools for marketing e-mails that you wouldn’t have to worry about the integration with third-party platforms to make things work.
In addition, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing function where you get to assign certain members of yours as affiliates to help advertise your website on behalf of your company. Apart from paying them a commission it is also possible to track their performance to see how well they contribute to increasing your conversion rates and click rates. Kajabi Alternatives
Another one of Kajabi’s overall top features are its Pipeline Builder, where you can create custom marketing funnels that do not have any overly complicated difficulties. While other platforms provide similar features that require much more effort and time, Pipeline Builder is a breeze to use. Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even beginners can benefit from it. This stunning feature lets you select from a variety of pre-designed funnel templates or pipeline blueprints. These include the following:
- Freebies are great for when you want to offer the freebie to lead magnet to build your database.
- Sales Page OVO is a great option any time you wish to convince your target customers to purchase your product by utilizing a sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use any time you’re launching a course or other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO is a great option for whenever you want to promote your business through web-based seminars
- Free Book OVO – to use whenever you want to promote your content with a free downloadable digital book
- Coaching Campaign OVO – for whenever you’re promoting your courses by means of an array of coaching sessions
- Blank blueprint – for whenever you’re looking to create an effective sales funnel right from beginning
When you choose from one of the pipeline blueprints Kajabi instantly creates pages and emails you’ll need to pull off an effective sales funnel. You may customize however you want your pipeline to appear to your target audience. You may even change the theme of your checkout and landing pages, for example changing the design to a different theme There is a library filled with 40+ pages templates you can select from.
Prices and Payment Methods
Kajabi lets you integrate seamlessly with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal so that your students can choose between them when they pay for your classes. Stripe is the most popular payment option that allows credit and debit card transactions, as well as various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal is, on the other on the other hand, is an alternative for subscribers and multi-payment plans. There are no pressing fees for transactions on the part of Kajabi because all your earnings will be immediately transferred directly to the bank accounts of your choice.
For price options for Kajabi, it gives an array of options for you of options to select from. You can either make your student pay for products at different dates (one-time, subscription, and several payments) or distribute them at no cost. You can also choose to select if you’re going to charge a set amount for a single product or multiple products, as well as establish specific dates for your members can access within a given timeframe. Additionally, you can create coupons to encourage your audience to purchase any of your offers. Kajabi Alternatives
Integration with Third-Party Services
Kajabi has a variety of built-in tools to develop and promote your courses, but you also have the option of connecting to third-party applications to provide an additional boost of functions. The platform currently supports the integration of ten natively-built integrations, such as the popular analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier comes in very handy because it allows connections to hundreds of third-party apps and tools that range from e-commerce to user experiences.
Training and Support for Customers
When it comes to customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over other platforms because it is one of the few course creation platforms that offer 24/7 live chat assistance. In contrast to other similar platforms the Kajabi customer support team is available to assist you when you’re struggling to create pages or courses, among other important issues, anytime and anywhere. However, it’s important to note that this 24/7 feature is available for instructors who subscribe to the Growth plan upwards – for basic users Live Chat support can be scheduled for specific times and on certain days during the day. The approach of Kajabi’s customer service has been well-received by many of the instructors who use it to create useful course content. Kajabi Alternatives
As for tools to train, Kajabi provides you a variety of ways to access resources that you can learn and get used to. Its Kajabi Hero University is packed with courses, tutorials, and informative content especially geared towards teachers and edupreneurs, to help them jumpstart or improve their position in the field of course development. You’re also invited to weekly Q&A-style educational webinars featuring prominent experts from various disciplines as guest speakers, and If you’re in search of additional information and tips the help desk is always there to guide you along the way. Alongside Kajabi’s Hero University, there is Kajabi’s Hero Rewards program where course creators are rewarded with numerous sweet rewards when they meet their goals.
What else is missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi might be a fantastic all-in-one tool to design and market your course content however, we must take care of a few essential things that are not being addressed. Most of them would be extremely useful in improving the experience. Below are the items we would like to see included in the Kajabi system shortly:
- Built-in tools that issue certificates and credentials. Although some of them offer this option instructors who utilize Kajabi often will still require a connection to third-party software that specialize in issuing certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we are pleased with the platform’s handling of assessments within courses, we’d like for the lack of options for question types as well as randomization of these types – to be addressed soonest.
- Additional payment options. As of the moment only transactions made through Stripe and PayPal can be accepted. Not only that, we don’t appreciate how there are limitations also.
- An API key that is public. This would have been useful for custom integrations, such as the ability to let your subscribers sign in using the single sign-in option with other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi could have the majority of the features an Edupreneur could dream of. However, due to the high cost plan and a certain lack in features it might cause some to be turned off. If you’re seeking alternatives that have similarity in comparison to Kajabi in terms of performance and reliability, we’ve listed some worthy competitors you might be considering when making your choice. Kajabi Alternatives
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in one services that are similar to Kajabi. The only major difference is the cost – starting at only $67/month You are able to create unlimited courses and market your course to the right audience without having to worry about the cost!
- Podia does not just claim to be user-friendly. It’s also extremely simple to use, much easier than even Kajabi! In addition, you can make use of marketing features, it’s much lighter than the other. With the extremely affordable price range, we can imagine the way Podia is a great choice for those who want to start their own business.
- While Kajabi lacks credentials and sophisticated quiz functions, Thinkific makes up for them. With a beginner-friendly price range It certainly has more industry-level functions than Kajabi as well as live-taught courses as well as a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is like Thinkific in the way it operates. However, we must appreciate how the former can incorporate additional payment options since it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay which are two gateways Kajabi does not have. It also lets you utilize one-on-one coaching and other core features.
Overall, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park in terms of having nearly all the tools that most entrepreneurs make use of. It certainly has all the features you need to be able to build a professional-looking website to the stellar built-in marketing suite with the addition of simple diagrams of sales funnels as well as efficient email marketing tools.
There may be a few instruments that aren’t there for example, the issuance of certificates specifically. With a high cost, it may not be the best choice for the budget-conscious. But we do understand that, while Kajabi does well in being an all-in-one solution for creating courses, it will always have limitations. However, that doesn’t stop it but it is a favorite among experienced creators and businesses!
If you’re still looking to find an LMS that offers everything you need in one platform, Kajabi is something you should strongly think about.
FAQ Kajabi Alternatives
What is the meaning of Kajabi translate to?
The word “Kajabi” is derived from a word of Islamic as well as Arabic origin that means “to fly.”
Can I sell physical products on Kajabi?
Yes! In addition to the normal programs, you can sell physical products on Kajabi. You can also connect with Shopify to build a fully functional E-commerce store using Kajabi!
Regarding marketing via e-mail Is it possible that Kajabi could take over MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already comes with E-mail marketing tools integrated within the platform, it’s logical that it’s sufficient to replace third-party applications such as MailChimp. However, if you do want to use it, Kajabi still allows you to integrate it with other apps as well.
Does Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi also has an app that can be downloaded on mobile so that you and your subscribed members can access all your courses even while on the go. Kajabi Alternatives