A myriad of learning management systems (LMS) platforms have many essential features that you can use when creating content of high quality. While there could be a lot of websites that allow you to make use of advanced marketing tools to market the courses you offer to your target viewers, other platforms might not offer all of those things. And while some offer easy-to-use tools to build courses, there’ll also be some that have an editing experience so complicated that it turns its users off.
Within the sea of online course platforms There are some which offer more than just the basic editing interface but also a myriad of sales and marketing functions. In addition to that, they also offer almost everything you’d ever want, from 24/7 help and training resources to top-notch analytics. All-in-one platforms for courses allow you to discover the world beyond your boundaries One of them that provide it is Kajabi.
At a Glance Kajabi: What exactly is Kajabi? Kajabi Amy Porterfield
Kajabi is an internet-based platform which lets you make and sell your content to your customers. The company is advertised as an all-in-one solution that provides entrepreneurs from all kinds of industries with the best and essential features needed to not only create a professional website for your courses but also allow them to grow to higher levels. Kajabi has been critically acclaimed and considered to be one of the best online courses platforms, earning an overwhelming score from 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so popular and well-received by its users? There are numerous aspects that make this platform very convenient for everyone to use. It’s first and foremost the ease of use. From course creation to the marketing services, nearly all of Kajabi’s aspects can be easily accessible to those who are new in the world of e-learning. A majority of them are advanced, giving instructors an edge over others. Additionally it allows budding entrepreneurs like you run and develop courses without the need to look to another place if something else isn’t available. Kajabi provides all the tools that anyone could require, living up its ‘one stop shop’ moniker.
What does it let you do? Do?
There are many kinds of ways that Kajabi lets you do as an all-in-one e-course solution. We’ve made a list in bullet points of the key attributes that you ought to be aware of when you’re thinking about it. In essence, Kajabi allows you:
- Create interactive and engaging courses with a wide array of tools for customizing, media files, and templates you can select according to your preference;
- Create a professional website that can present your course content and other products along with your own blog to keep your students informed about the latest developments;
- Make the most of landing pages, checkout pages, and other effective methods to boost your earnings, expand your reach to the limit, and generate higher conversion rates.
- Choose how you wish to bill your courses or other items for your students, whether it’s a one-time fee or a subscription for a month;
- Build effective sales funnels without any issues by making use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Utilize its in-house marketing and analytics software with e-mail marketing as well as CRM and automation tools.
- Set up and manage your affiliate links; and
- Explore a wide variety of customer service, community and training tools and features, including the Kajabi University feature.
The Big Names Who Have Utilized Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted and used by more than 16,000 organizations and famous personalities. Kajabi is the preferred choice of several well-known personalities who come from different industries, such as online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard, fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is the home of thousands upon thousands of courses, accessed and explored by over 35 million students from across the globe. In the last the time this article was written, Kajabi is generating more than $650million in sales since it was founded in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing plans that Kajabi offers are quite different than other online course creation tools in that they’re much more expensive. With monthly prices that start as low as $119, it’s no wonder why this can impede some people who would want to give the service a shot. However, when you consider the number of important features included within each plan, pricing is reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start at the Basic plan priced at $149 per month or $119/month for billing annually. With this tier, you get to create three products, reach a maximum of 1 000 active clients, and create websites that you are able to modify using the tools provided by Kajabi’s platform. Also included are unlimited pages for landing webpages, unlimitted marketing e-mails and access to unlimited useful resources, such as one-on-one customer support as well as Kajabi University.
Apart from The Basic Plan, there is the Growth plan, which happens to be the most sought-after plan on the platform at $199 a month or $159/mo if paid annually, as well as the Pro plan for $399 per month or $319/mo yearly and is packed with all the features you’d like when you are creating and selling your courses. Kajabi currently does not offer any free plans. However, a 14-day free trial is available on each of the three plans. A longer trial of up to 30 days is also available on selected blogs. So if you want to test the waters and determine if Kajabi is the right choice for you, the limited trial offer is the best option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros and Cons – What We Really Like About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s in-house marketing suite of tools, such as email marketing and automation are specifically designed to be optimized for businessuse, and you don’t have to connect with any other third-party service to do this!
- The sales funnel software. Another of the platforms most-loved selling points, the Pipeline Builder. Pipeline Builder lets you make use of proven and easily accessible blueprint templates. No need to be overly complicated!
- Unlimited customization. From the creation of professional-looking courses down to the custom name, Kajabi lets you customize to your hearts content and even build your brand from scratch.
- The simple and intuitive site as well as course editor. The creation of content using the site and the course creator software was never this easy and quick, as it requires less time and effort to complete the task.
- Limitless integrations. In addition to native integrations to the ten marketing, e-commerce and analytics services, connection to Zapier’s app allows users to investigate and select from more than one thousand non-native platforms to increase effectiveness.
- Establishing meaningful relationships with your students and instructors. Kajabi’s community feature lets you engage with the students who are enrolled in your classes. You can also connect, network, and share your joy with hundreds of teachers who happen to be similar to you.
The Cons – What We Don’t Like
- The pricing plans are hefty. The three plans offered by Kajabi are greater than the average monthly rates that other providers offer. There’s not a free option either.
- There is no built-in tool to issue certificates. It is possible connect to a third-party certificate software if you want to create custom-made ones of different kinds.
- Not enough tools for student-instructor engagement. We aren’t happy with the absence of some particular features, including adequate discussion forums, as well as the ability to randomly distribute tests or assignments. Kajabi Amy Porterfield
An Overview of the Kajabi Features
Easy of Use and Experience
One thing we love about Kajabi is the surprisingly easy user experience. For one, most of the platform’s users interface (UI) is organized. If you look at the dashboard menu, you may see that the functions are divided into five major sections – Website Products, Sales Marketing, and People. The layout of the menu is clear and free of obstruction, since some of the features that are related to specific sections are able to be collapsed. The UI style is very uniform that reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-1” trademark. You can build a landing page, modify your course and communicate with your instructors on one site.
It has a search assistant tool that comes in handy when you need to search for something that may be hard to find. The Kajabi Assistant can be found in the top of the dashboard in the shape as a “search bar, and it lets you look for specific tools and products within the website by typing in the search terms. Like we said that both the Kajabi site builder and course builder sections are drag-and-drop and make the process much easier without needing to learn how to navigate the site. Kajabi is a more streamlined learning curve than some of its competitors. It also supports multiple languages other than English if you wish to present your content to wider audiences.
Course Development and Engagement
If you take a look at Kajabi’s courses design feature, you will quickly come across a variety of product or course templates or the way it calls it, blueprints. Each blueprint for a product varies in structure and type and can be customized to suit the needs of instructors.
Included among the listed blueprints are Mini Courses and Online Courses as well as Drip Courses. Mini Courses are quick-form courses that are usually created as a way to build the brand’s value, whereas Online Courses are full-version courses that have a complete structure of content created to offer a “world-class” learning experience. Drip courses, on the other hand, are courses that are scheduled for a set series of days or weeks. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s an efficient way to share your content when you as well as your students are occupied working on other projects.
Kajabi is known to many as a well-known premium course-maker. Apart from course types, the product blueprints also allow you to create a membership area for your members to enjoy exclusive content as well as a coaching session lasting 12 weeks. There’s also a blank template which allows you to design your own course or product completely from the ground up!
Categories, Posts, and Content Uploads
When you explore the course builder, you will notice the outline of the sections and lessons that have been automatically included when you select any of the course blueprints. In Kajabi’s instance, these segments and classes are referred to as groups and posts respectively. Posts are where you can insert different kinds of content, like text, videos images, and text, while the categories function as folders where the posts are kept.
You may also incorporate subcategories of posts under the same category, if you wish to arrange your content in a flexible way. You can also move and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a wide variety of text and media files to be added to your posts, including MOV and MP4 files, WAV and MP3 files, PDFs, and even Word documents. You can upload any of them through your computer’s folders or via cloud-based file sharing platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can copy and paste existing URLs of your videos to your blog posts!
Like a few select course-making platforms, Kajabi allows you to make use of the feature of bulk uploads. As the name suggests that you can upload all your files to your courses on one tab. This is a great option especially when you’re doing other important stuff.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi offers a lineup of 10+ themes for course players. Contrary to other LMS platforms where you’re only given the option to choose only one of three theme options, Kajabi lets you have the option of choosing various themes for the different products. Similar to the course outline creator, it’s simple to modify any of the themes to fit your style. It is possible to incorporate specifics of your company’s image, such as the logo or images as well as font designs , into your course player in order to give it a an individual touch. Kajabi Amy Porterfield
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi includes a quiz function called Assessments where you get to design and create assignments and quizzes and include them as part of your course. Assessments can be a great method of determining the extent to which your students gained from the lessons you’ve provided them. Through the assessment feature, you can choose from three different types of questions: multiple-choice multi-selection, or paragraph-style. You can also set a passing score to motivate your students in engaging with your content.
Aside from that in addition, it is also important to note that the LMS website has made strides in providing spaces for students and teachers to interact. Through the Community feature, your students are able to comment and interact with any of your courses via their dashboards. You can even write in your posts to discuss with the rest of them your lessons from the past and also your future content. The community feature is available as a separate feature or as an element of membership.
Website Design and Customizability
Why share your course contents on your website’s domain as well as WordPress web site when Kajabi provides the platform and the tools to make one within the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting on the 3 pricing options. What’s great about this is you’re assured of instant security and security through an automatic SSL certification as well as a team to help maintain your site.
Additionally, you have the freedom to modify your domain as well as choose from a range of professional, one-of-a-kind themes, all of which you can modify to your liking! It doesn’t stop there: If you’re an expert edupreneur and signed to the Growth plan and above you are able to download custom-designed themes designed to fit your ever-expanding needs as well as eliminate the Kajabi branding and replace that with your own!
Similar to the course builders we’ve talked about previously, Kajabi’s page builders lets you modify any of the given website themes with a suite of easy-to-use and user-friendly editing tools. If you continue to explore you’ll be presented with sets of blocks that can be customized and sections. They’re basically like the categories and posts that we’ve discussed when we’ve talked about our course building tool. Blocks are the components that comprise the site’s content, such as media files, text or clickable icons. Sections on the other hand, are formed by multiple well-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 preset section templates you can choose from the dashboard of the page builder. We’re all hooked to our phones and tiny tablets these days it’s logical to use Kajabi to make your website automatically adapt to a mobile layout. It’s even possible to go the extra mile by picking which site element you wish for your member learners to see. With all the necessary tools to build your site how you would like it to look the page builder from Kajabi is not just extremely flexible, but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Web-based Features
Other LMS platforms may not provide this, but Kajabi lets you create sections of your website that is dedicated to your blog, where you can publish information and comments about your course’s content. If you want to make the most the Kajabi-made website this service offers you a space where you can post your blog posts without limitations. Start by creating posting blog content by creating one using an editor for text. It is possible to incorporate SEO elements if you want to expand your reach or group your posts into various categories, or even change the way you would like your blog’s entire section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging capabilities might not be on with WordPress or Blogspot However, it comes with enough tools to make it manageable. In addition, you can create podcasts to promote on your site. You may upload recordings of your podcasts to be hosted on the website and distributed to major podcasting platforms like the Apple Podcasts platform and Spotify. When uploading an episode of your podcast you can choose between two options: either release it as a podcast that is public for free , or create an exclusive private podcast that only your users can get access to. Kajabi Amy Porterfield
Marketing and Sales
One of the reasons that make Kajabi so popular with edupreneurs is its array of marketing and sales tools that are highly convenient and simple enough even for those who aren’t marketing experts to make use of!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A huge draw among the crowd, Kajabi’s built in E-mail marketing functions allow users to send out e-mails that are related to your course or website to your subscribers students from the comfort of the platform. You might be surprised that it does more than just send e-mails. With the help from Kajabi Automations, you get to create automated sequences of e-mails that are triggered by different kinds of user actions. For instance, if your student successfully logs into one of your courses following the checkout process, a welcome email will be sent automatically into their email inbox. If the course performs poorly the course, an upsell will be sent to suggest an improvement Kajabi Amy Porterfield
You are able to create as many e-mails for your campaign as you like and schedule each of them according to your preferences. You can choose which members of your group are eligible the messages. The management of e-mails has never been more extensive and yet simple to manage. Unlike other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with marketing tools for e-mails. You don’t require connecting to other third-party platforms to make things work.
Aside from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing option which allows you to designate certain members of your group as affiliates to help in promoting your site on behalf of you. Apart from paying them a commission it is also possible to track their performance to see the extent to which they are contributing to boosting your conversion and click rates. Kajabi Amy Porterfield
Another of Kajabi’s notable features are its Pipeline Builder, where you can create custom marketing funnels with no overcomplicating issues. While other platforms have similar features that require much more time and effort however, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even those who aren’t experts are able to make the most of it. This amazing feature lets you select from a variety of pre-designed funnel designs or pipeline blueprints. This includes:
- Freebies – to be used whenever you want to offer an offer as a lead magnet to increase your email list
- Sales Page OVO – for whenever you want to persuade your public to buy your product through the sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use any time you’re launching a course or other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – for occasions when you need to advertise your product via web seminars
- Free Book OVO – for anytime you’d like to showcase your content the free digital book that you can download
- Coaching Campaign OVO – to use any time you’re promoting your courses through the use of coaching sessions
- Blank blueprint – for whenever you’re looking to create the sales funnel you want from the starting
When you choose from one of the pipeline blueprints Kajabi instantly creates pages and e-mails that you’ll need to pull off an effective sales funnel. You can customize how you would like your sales funnel to appear to your target audience. You can even alter the look of your landing and checkout pages, for instance changing the design to a different theme The library is with more than 40 templates for landing pages that you can select from.
Payment and Pricing Options
Kajabi lets you seamlessly integrate with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal so that your students can get to choose one of them to pay for your courses. Stripe is the common payment method that accepts debit and credit card transactions and various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal however, on the contrary on the other hand, is an alternative for subscribers as well as multi-payment plans. There are no pressing charges for transactions on Kajabi’s side because all your earnings will be immediately transferred directly to the bank accounts of your choice.
For price options for Kajabi, it gives you a wide range to choose from. You can make your student pay for products at different time frames (one-time subscription, one-time, or multiple payments) or hand them out for free. You even have the chance to decide if you want to charge a specific amount for one product or a number of products, and specify specific dates your students can access your products within a certain period of time. You also get to generate coupons to encourage your customers to purchase the products you offer. Kajabi Amy Porterfield
Integration with Third-Party Services
Kajabi is a host of built-in tools to make and market your courses However, you can connect to other third-party applications for an additional boost of functions. The platform currently supports the integration of ten natively-built integrations, such as the well-known analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier comes in very handy as it helps establish connections to hundreds of tools and third-party apps including e-commerce and user experience.
Training and Customer Support Resources
When it comes to customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over its competitors because it’s one of the few platforms for creating courses which provide 24/7 live chat assistance. Unlike some similar services, Kajabi’s customer support team is always ready to help you whenever you’re struggling to create an online course or website, in addition to other issues that are important, at any time and anywhere. It’s crucial to note that this 24/7 service is only available to instructors that are on the Growth plan upwards – for basic users, live Chat support can be scheduled for specific times and on certain days on weekdays. The approach of Kajabi’s customer support has been highly praised by many of the instructors who use it to develop relevant educational content. Kajabi Amy Porterfield
In terms of training tools, Kajabi offers the user a range of access to resources that you can master and become familiar with. Kajabi Hero University Kajabi Hero University is packed with courses, tutorials, and informative content especially geared towards teachers and edupreneurs to help them gain traction or boost their position in the world of course design. There are also weekly Q&A-style educational webinars featuring prominent experts from various disciplines as guest speakers, and, if you’re looking for additional information and tips, the help center is available to help you on your way. In addition to the platform’s Hero University, there is also a Kajabi Hero Rewards program, where course creators get rewarded with many sweet perks when they meet their targets.
What is the other thing that is missing from Kajabi?
Kajabi could be an excellent all-in-one platform to develop and market your course content however, we must address a few vital things that are missing. A majority of them could have been extremely helpful to improve the experience. Here are the following things we would like to see added to Kajabi’s system in the near future:
- Built-in tools that issue certificates and credentials. While some offer this feature instructors using Kajabi often will still require connecting to third-party apps that specialize in issuing certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we are pleased with the system’s handling of assessment within the course, we would like for the lack of different types of questions – plus randomization of said types – to be addressed soonest.
- Additional payment options. As of the moment only transactions made through Stripe as well as PayPal will be accepted. Not only that, but we don’t appreciate how there are limitations as well.
- An API key that is public. This would have been useful in making custom integrations, like having your students who have subscribed to your service sign in using the single sign-in option with other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi may have essentially most of the features that an aspiring edupreneur could ever dream of. But with the steep price plan and a certain lack of features, it may cause some to be turned off. If you’re looking for alternatives that share similarity to Kajabi in terms of reliability and performance We’ve provided a list of worthy competitors you might want to consider when making your choice. Kajabi Amy Porterfield
- New Zenler is an online course platform that offers all-in-one services similar to Kajabi. The only major difference is the cost beginning at just $67 per month You can design unlimited courses and market to your target audience without worrying about spending a dime!
- Podia isn’t just claiming to be user-friendly. It’s also extremely easy to use, much easier than Kajabi! While you get to make use of marketing features, it’s much lighter than other. However, when you consider the budget-friendly cost it’s easy to imagine the way Podia will appeal to DIY entrepreneurs getting into the business.
- While Kajabi lacks credentials and advanced quiz features, Thinkific makes up for them. With its affordable price and a wide range of features, it certainly offers higher-end features than the other which includes live lessons and a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in the manner it works. But, we need to appreciate how Teachable is able to incorporate additional payment options as it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay, two gateway services Kajabi does not have. You can also avail one-on-one training and other key features.
In the end, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park by providing nearly all of the options that most entrepreneurs use. It sure does offer the essentials anyone must need, from intuitive functions needed to create a professional-looking website , to the impressive integrated marketing suite, which includes the ability to understand plans for sales funnels, as well as effective e-mail marketing tools.
There may be a few tools that are missing like the issuance of certificates specifically. Also, with its high cost, it may not be the wise option for those with a tight budget. But we do understand that while Kajabi is very well as an all-in-one solution for course creation but it’s not without limits. That doesn’t stop it, however, from being a favorite among experienced creators and businesses!
If you’re still looking for an LMS that can provide everything you need in one platform, Kajabi is something you must seriously consider.
FAQ Kajabi Amy Porterfield
What does the word Kajabi translate to?
The word “Kajabi” derives from a word with Islamic as well as Arabic origin, which translates to “to take flight.”
Can I sell physical goods on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard classes, you can also sell physical items on Kajabi. You can even connect with Shopify to set up a fully functioning e-commerce shop on the platform!
Regarding marketing via e-mail, is it possible that Kajabi could be able to be able to replace MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already includes the tools for marketing via email built within the platform, it’s natural that it’s sufficient to replace third-party programs such as MailChimp. However, if you do intend to make use of it, Kajabi still allows you to connect it with other apps as well.
Are you sure that Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has an app for mobile devices so that you and your subscribers can access all your course content even when you’re on the go. Kajabi Amy Porterfield