Many learning management system (LMS) platforms come with a variety of essential features that can be utilized when you write content that is meaningful. While there could be a lot of websites that allow you to make use of advanced marketing tools to advertise the courses you offer to your intended audience, others might not offer all of these features. Although some sites provide simple-to-use tools to build courses, there’ll be a few that offer editing features that are so complicated that it turns off its users.
Among a sea of e-course platforms, there are a few which offer more than just an easy editing interface, but also a plethora of marketing and sales functions. And on top of that, they also offer nearly everything you could think of, from 24/7 help and training resources to top-notch analytics. All-in-one platforms for courses allow you to explore beyond your limits One of them that provide it is Kajabi.
A Quick Look: Kajabi: What exactly is Kajabi? Kajabi And Shopify
Kajabi can be described as an online service that lets you develop and market your course content to your audience of students. Branded as an all-in-one service and platform for edupreneurs, Kajabi offers edupren all kinds of industries with the best and essential features needed to not just build a professional-looking website for your courses but let them grow to higher levels. Kajabi has been praised by the media and considered to be one of the top online learning platforms, with an overwhelmingly positive rating with a score of 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so popular and well-received by its users? There are plenty of aspects that make this platform extremely convenient for all to use. First, it’s the user-friendliness. From the course creation to marketing and sales the majority of the Kajabi features can be easily digestible for people who are new in the world of online courses. A majority of them are advanced, giving administrating instructors an edge over other instructors. Additionally, it lets budding entrepreneurs like you run and develop courses without the need to look elsewhere in case something is not available. Kajabi offers all the tools anyone may need in order to live up its ‘one stop shop name.
What Can It Do? Do?
There are many kinds of ways that Kajabi lets you create an all-in-one e-learning solution. We’ve compiled a list, in bullet points, of its important features that you may want to watch out for if you’re considering it. Simply put, Kajabi lets you:
- Create interactive and engaging courses with a wide array of customizing tools such as media files, templates you can select depending on your preferences;
- Create a professional website that can house your course contents and other products along with your own blog to keep your students updated on what’s new.
- Make the most of websites, landing pages and checkout sites and other viable ways to improve the profits you earn, extend your reach over the boundaries and boost conversion rates.
- Choose how you wish to charge your courses and other products for your students, whether it’s a one-time payment or a subscription for a month;
- Design and build effective sales funnels without any issues by making use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Utilize its in-house marketing and analytics suite that includes email marketing as well as CRM and automated tools.
- Create and manage your affiliate links, and
- Explore a variety of community and training materials in conjunction with the Kajabi University feature.
The Big Names Who Have Utilized Kajabi
Kajabi is used and trusted by over 16,000 businesses and famous personalities. It’s the choice of many of the most well-known people that are from various sectors, like the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi hosts thousands on thousands of courses that are used and explored by more than 35 million students across the globe. In the last the time this article was written, Kajabi has generated over $650 million in sales since its inception in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing plans Kajabi offers are quite different than other online course creation services in that they’re more expensive. With monthly costs that begin as low as $119, it’s not surprising that this might be an issue for those who would like to give the service a shot. However, when you consider the number of essential features already packed in each plan, pricing is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start at the Basic plan that costs $149 per month, or $119/month when billed annually. With this tier, you can create three products, gain an maximum of 1000 active users, as well as design your own website you can create with the tools offered by the platform. Also included are unlimited pages for landing websites, indefinite marketing e-mails as well as unlimited access to useful resources, such as one-on-one customer support and Kajabi University.
In addition to the Basic plan, there’s the Growth plan, which happens to be the most sought-after plan on the platform with a monthly cost of $199 or $159/mo if paid annually. There is also the Pro plan for $399 per month or $319/month yearly that is loaded to the brim with all the features you’d want when you are designing and selling your course. Kajabi currently does not offer a free plan option. There is however a fourteen-day trial is available. trial is available on all three plans. A trial extension that runs up to 30 days is also available on certain blogs. If you want to try the service and see if Kajabi’s the best choice for you, then the brief trial offer is the best way to go.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros and Cons – What We Really Like About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s in-house marketing suite of tools, including automated e-mail marketing, and automation are specifically designed to be optimized for business, and you won’t need to integrate with any other third-party service to do that!
- The sales funnel software. Another one of the most popular features on the platform, the Pipeline Builder. Pipeline Builder lets you make use of proven and easily understood blueprint templates – no need to be overly complicated!
- The ability to customize without limitations. From creating professional-looking course websites down to the custom domain, Kajabi lets you customize according to your own preferences – and even create your own brand from the ground up.
- The user-friendly and simple site as well as course editor. Making content using the website and course builders hasn’t been so easy and quick, as it takes less time and effort to get everything done.
- Unlimited integrations. Apart from native integrations to the ten marketing, e-commerce and analytics solutions, connecting to the app Zapier allows you to look and select from more than a thousand non-native platforms to increase effectiveness.
- Building worthwhile relationships with students and fellow instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature allows you to engage with the students in any of your courses. It also lets you connect, network, and celebrate with a multitude of teachers who happen to be in the same position as you.
The Cons – Things We Don’t Like
- The steep pricing plans. Three pricing options offered by Kajabi cost higher than the average monthly rate provided by other companies. There’s no free plan available as well.
- There is no built-in tool to issue certificates. It is possible to connect to a third-party certificate application if you intend to make custom-designed certificates of various types.
- Not enough tools for student-instructor engagement. We’re not happy about the absence of certain tools, such as proper discussion forums and the ability to randomly distribute tests or assignments. Kajabi And Shopify
A Review of Kajabi’s Features
Easy of Use and Experience
One thing we love about Kajabi is the shockingly easy user experience. First, the majority of the platform’s users interface (UI) is organized. If you look at the dashboard menu, you may find that all the features are arranged into five main sections: Website, Products, Sales, Marketing, and People. The design of the menu is clear and free of confusion, as certain features that are related to the specific section can be collapsed. The UI layout is very consistent, reflecting Kajabi’s ‘all-in-one’ brand name. You can build an online landing page, change your course, and communicate with your instructors through one website.
It has a search assistant tool that is useful whenever you want to look for something difficult to locate. The Kajabi Assistant can be found in the top of the dashboard in the form as a “search bar, it allows you to search for tools and items within the website by typing in the keywords. As previously mentioned that both the Kajabi courses and site builder sections can be moved and dropped and make the process much easier without the need to know how to navigate it. Kajabi is a more streamlined learning curve than some of its competitors. It also supports multiple languages other that English if you wish to share your content with broader audience.
Course Development and Engagement
When you go through Kajabi’s course creation function, you may soon encounter a list of course or product templates or, as the platform calls them blueprints. Each of the blueprints for products is different in its structure and style and can be easily modified to meet the needs of any instructor.
In the blueprints that are listed are Mini Courses, Online Courses, and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form quick courses which are generally designed as a way to build brand value, while Online Courses are full-version versions that have a complete structure of content designed for a “world-class” educational experience. Drip courses on the contrary, are classes that are scheduled over an established period of days or weeks. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s an efficient way to share your content if you as well as your students are occupied working on other projects.
Kajabi might be regarded by many as a popular premium course-maker. Apart from courses, the blueprints also allow you to create a membership area for your members to enjoy exclusive content and a coach session that spans 12 weeks. You can also download a blank template that allows you to create a course or product completely from scratch!
Categories Posts, Categories, as well as Content Uploads
When you explore the course builder you’ll see an outline of sections and lessons that have been automatically added if you choose one of the blueprints for your course. In Kajabi’s instance, these sections and lessons are known as post categories as well as category, respectively. Posts are the places where you put in different types of content such as text, video and images, whereas the categories serve as folders where the posts are stored.
You can also include subcategories of posts under the same category, if you wish to organize your content more flexiblely. You can also alter the outline by dragging it around. Kajabi accepts a wide variety of media and text files that can be used to add to your posts, such as MOV and MP4 files, WAV and MP3 files, PDFs as well as Word documents. Upload any of them via your computer’s folders, or via cloud-based file sharing platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can duplicate and paste URLs of your videos to your posts!
Like several other platform for making courses, Kajabi allows you to make use of the feature of bulk uploads. Like the name implies, you can add all your files to your course in one page. This one is handy, especially if you’re busy performing other tasks.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi provides a selection of over 10 themes for courses. Contrary to other LMS platforms where you’re only given the option to choose only one of three theme options, Kajabi lets you have the freedom to choose different themes for different products. Similar to the course outline maker, it’s simple to modify any of the themes to suit your personal style. You can also incorporate elements that represent your brand including logos, images, and font designs , into the course player to add a a personal touch. Kajabi And Shopify
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi offers a quiz feature called Assessments. It allows you to design and create assignments and quizzes and add them as part of your curriculum. Assessments are an effective way to assess if your students learned something from the lessons you’ve provided them. With the assessments option, you are able to choose from three different question types: multiple-choice, multi-selection, or paragraph-style. You can even set an assessment score that will encourage your students to be more engaged with your content.
Apart from that in addition, the LMS site has also made strides in creating spaces for students and teachers to interact. Through the Community feature your learners are given access to interact and comment on all of your courses on their dashboards. You can even write in your posts to discuss with your fellow students about your previous lessons and your upcoming content. The community feature is offered as a separate feature or as part of your membership area.
Website Design and Customizability
Why share your course contents with your domain name or WordPress web site when Kajabi has the platform and the tools to build one on the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting for all 3 pricing options. What’s awesome about it is you’re guaranteed instant security and security through an automated SSL certification and a team to help maintain your website.
You also have the option to personalize your domain and also pick from a wide array of unique, professional themes that you can modify to your heart’s content! It doesn’t stop there: If you’re an expert edupreneur and signed to the Growth plan or higher you are able to use custom-designed themes that are built to meet your ever-growing needs as well as remove any Kajabi logos and substitute that with your custom-designed theme!
Just like the course builder that we’ve discussed earlier, Kajabi’s page builder allows you to modify any of the given themes on the website using a variety of user-friendly and intuitive editing tools. If you continue to explore, you will be greeted with customizable sets of blocks and sections. They’re basically like those categories as well as posts that we’ve discussed when we’ve talked about the course builder. Blocks are the elements that compose the content of the website including media files, text or clickable icons. Sections on the other hand are formed by a variety of well-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 preset sections templates that can be picked from the dashboard of the page builder. Since we’re all connected to our smartphones and tablets these days it is logical for Kajabi to have your website automatically adjust to mobile-friendly layout. You can go an extra mile and select the elements of your website you want for your members to view. With all the necessary tools to make your site look as you wish it to look the page builder from Kajabi is not just incredibly flexible, but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Useful Website Features
Other LMS platforms might not offer this, but Kajabi lets you create an area on your site that is dedicated to your blog, where you can post comments and updates on the content of your course. If you’re looking to get the most out the Kajabi-made website it provides the opportunity to post your blog posts without limitations. You can get started with your blog posts by making your own using Text Editor. You can incorporate SEO elements if you wish to reach a larger audience, group your posts into various categories, and even customize how you would like your blog’s entire section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging features might not be on par as WordPress or Blogspot however, it does have enough tools to allow it to be managed. In addition, you can create podcasts to promote on your site. You may upload recordings of your podcasts to be hosted on the site and distributed to the major podcasting platforms, such as the Apple Podcasts platform and Spotify. When uploading an episode of your podcast there are two choices: publish it as a podcast that is public for free , or create an exclusive private podcast which only your subscribers are able to access. Kajabi And Shopify
Marketing and Sales
Part of what makes Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is its slew of marketing and sales tools that are extremely easy and straightforward even for those who aren’t marketing experts to utilize!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A huge draw among the crowd, Kajabi’s built in email marketing feature allows you to send e-mails that are related to your course or websites to your members who are subscribed students while seated on the platform. However, you might be amazed by the fact that it goes beyond sending e-mails. With the help of Kajabi Automations, you get to create automated sequences of e-mails that are triggered by different kinds of user actions. For example, when a student logs in successfully to one of your courses following checkout, a welcome e-mail will be sent automatically directly to the student’s inbox. If another underperforms, an upsell is sent to suggest improvement Kajabi And Shopify
You are able to create as many e-mails for your campaigns as you wish and then schedule them in accordance to your preference. You can also choose the members you want to receive those messages. The management of e-mails has never been this extensive and yet simple to manage. In contrast to other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with marketing tools for e-mails. You don’t require connecting to other third-party platforms to make things work.
In addition, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing feature where you get to assign some of your members as affiliates in order to in promoting your site on behalf of your company. Alongside paying them the commission rate and monitoring their performance to see how well they contribute to increasing your conversion rates and click rates. Kajabi And Shopify
Another one of Kajabi’s overall standouts can be one of the best features is Pipeline Builder, where you can create custom marketing funnels with no overcomplicating problems. While other platforms have similar features, which require more time and effort and effort, Pipeline Builder is a breeze to use. Pipeline Builder is designed to be extremely simple and quick that even beginners are able to make the most of it. This feature is stunning and lets you select from a set of pre-made funnel templates or pipeline blueprints. This includes:
- Freebie – for whenever you’d like to provide a freebie as a lead magnet to increase your list
- Sales Page OVO – for whenever you want to convince your target customers to purchase your product via the sales page
- Product Launch OVO is a great option for whenever you’re launching a course or another product
- Zoom Webinar OVO is a great option for any time you wish to promote your product via web seminars
- Free Book OVO – to use anytime you’d like to market your content the free digital book that you can download
- Coaching Campaign OVO – to use whenever you’re promoting your classes through an array of coaching sessions
- Blank plan – to use whenever you’d like to construct the sales funnel you want from starting
When you choose from one of the blueprints for your pipeline Kajabi instantly creates pages and e-mails that you’ll require to create an effective sales funnel. You can alter the way you wish your funnel to look to your customers. You could even alter the design of your landing and checkout pages, for instance changing the design to a different theme – there is a library filled with 40+ pages templates you can choose from.
Prices and Payment Methods
Kajabi lets you integrate seamlessly with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal so that your students can get to choose one of them to pay for your course. Stripe is the most popular payment option that accepts debit and credit card transactions and select e-wallet providers all over the world. PayPal is, on the other on the other hand, is an option for subscriptions and multi-payment plans. There aren’t any charges for transactions on Kajabi’s side, as all your earnings are immediately sent to your bank account.
When it comes to price options for Kajabi, it provides an array of options for you to choose from. You can make your student pay for products at various times (one-time subscription, one-time, or multi-payments) or distribute them for free. You even have the chance to choose whether you’re planning to charge a specific amount for a specific product or a number of products, and set specific dates that your members can access within a given timeframe. You also get to generate coupons to encourage your customers to purchase all of your products. Kajabi And Shopify
Integration with Third-Party Services
Kajabi is a host of built-in services needed to make and market your courses, but you also have the option of connecting to other third-party applications for an additional boost of functions. The platform is currently able to support the integration of ten natively-built integrations, such as the well-known analytics service Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier comes in very handy because it allows connections with hundreds of other third-party apps and tools that range from e-commerce to user experiences.
Training and Support for Customers
When it comes to customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over other platforms because it is one of the few platforms for creating courses which provide 24/7 live chat support. Contrary to similar services the Kajabi customer support team is always ready to assist you when you encounter difficulties creating a course or page among other important issues, anytime and wherever. It’s crucial to note that this 24 hour support is available to instructors that are on the Growth plan and above – for Basic users live chat is available at certain times and days on weekdays. The approach of Kajabi’s customer service has been praised by those who utilize it to design relevant course content. Kajabi And Shopify
In terms of training tools, Kajabi offers the user a range of access to resources that you can master and then become proficient with. Its Kajabi Hero University is packed with courses, tutorials and informational content that are specifically geared towards teachers and edupreneurs who want to gain traction or boost their position in the course creation world. There are also every day Q&A webinars that feature prominent experts from various areas as guests. Additionally If you’re in search of additional advice and tricks, the help center will be there to help you on your way. Alongside Kajabi’s Hero University, there is Kajabi’s Hero Rewards program in which course creators are rewarded with numerous sweet rewards when they achieve their targets.
What else is missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi could be an excellent all-in-one tool to design and sell your course material however, we must look at a few crucial aspects that are not being addressed. Most of them would have been extremely helpful to enhance the user experience. Here are the following things that we wish would be included in the Kajabi system shortly:
- Built-in tools that issue certificates and credentials. While some offer this feature, instructors who use Kajabi will often require a connection to third-party apps that are specialized in the issue of certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we may appreciate the way that the platform handles assessments within courses, we wish that the absence of different types of questions as well as randomization of these types and their randomization to be resolved as quickly as possible.
- Additional payment options. At the time of writing, only transactions via Stripe as well as PayPal can be accepted. Not only that, but we aren’t sure if there are limitations as well.
- A public API key. This would have been useful in making custom integrations, such as letting your subscribed students log in with the single sign-in option with other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi may have essentially most of the features an edupreneur could ever dream of. However, due to the high cost plan, and the lack of features, it may make some people turn away. If you’re looking for alternatives with similarity to Kajabi in terms of performance and reliability we’ve listed a few worthy alternatives that you might want to consider in making your choice. Kajabi And Shopify
- New Zenler is an online course platform that offers all-in-one services similar to Kajabi. The only major difference is the cost that starts at $67/month You can design unlimited courses and market your course to the right audience without ever having to worry about the cost!
- Podia isn’t just claiming to be creator-friendly. It’s also extremely simple to use, and much more user-friendly than even Kajabi! Although you can benefit from marketing features, it’s much lighter than the other. However, when you consider the budget-friendly cost we can imagine the way Podia can appeal to those who want to start their own business.
- While Kajabi lacks credentials and advanced quiz features, Thinkific makes up for the shortcomings. With a beginner-friendly price range It certainly has higher-end features than Kajabi, and this includes live-taught courses as well as a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in terms of how it functions. But, we need to appreciate how Teachable is able to incorporate additional payment options, as it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay two gateways that Kajabi is not able to offer. It also lets you utilize one-on-one coaching and other core features.
All in all, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park for offering a wide range of options that most entrepreneurs use. It does provide all the features you need including the intuitive features needed to build a professional-looking website , to the impressive integrated marketing suite that includes the inclusion of easy-to-understand diagrams of sales funnels as well as efficient marketing tools for e-mails.
There could be some tools missing like the issuance of certificates in particular. Also, with its high cost, it may not be the right choice among the budget-conscious. However, we understand that even though Kajabi performs well in being an all-in-one solution for course creation, it will always have limits. It doesn’t hinder it, however, from being a favorite among experienced creators and businesses!
If you’re still looking to find an LMS that can provide everything you require in one place, Kajabi is something you must seriously look into.
FAQ Kajabi And Shopify
What does the word Kajabi mean?
The word “Kajabi” originates from the word “Kajabi,” which is of Islamic as well as Arabic origin which means “to take flight.”
Do I have the ability to sell physical items on Kajabi?
Yes! Aside from the usual classes, you can also sell physical products through Kajabi. You can also integrate with Shopify to build a fully functional online store on the platform!
In terms of e-mail marketing, is it possible that Kajabi can replace MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already includes E-mail marketing tools integrated within the platform, it’s natural that it’s sufficient to take over third-party apps such as MailChimp. If you do intend to make use of the platform, Kajabi still allows you to connect it with other applications as well.
Are you sure that Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has an app for mobile devices to ensure that you and your subscribers can access all your course content even when you’re in the move. Kajabi And Shopify