A myriad of learning management systems (LMS) platforms come with a variety of essential features that you can use when creating content of high quality. While there could be a lot of sites that let you utilize advanced marketing tools to market classes to your desired viewers, other platforms might not provide all these features. Although some sites provide simple-to-use tools to build courses, there’ll also be few that may offer editing features that are so complicated that they turn off their users.
In the sea of e-course platforms, there are a few that provide more than an easy editing interface, but also a myriad of sales and marketing functions. In addition to that, they also provide you with nearly all you can think of, from 24/7 help and training materials to top-quality analytics. All-in-one courses let you explore beyond your limits and one of the platforms that provide it is Kajabi.
At a Glance: What is Kajabi? Kajabi Api Documentation
Kajabi is an internet-based platform which allows you to make and sell your courses to an audience of students. The company is advertised as an all-in-one solution, Kajabi provides edupreneurs from all walks of life with optimized and necessary features that will not only create a professional website for your courses , but also allow them to grow to new heights. Kajabi has been critically acclaimed and is regarded as one of the best online course platforms, gaining an overwhelming rating of 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-liked by its users? Well, there are quite plenty of factors that make this platform very convenient for everyone to use. It’s first and foremost the ease of use. From the course creation to marketing and sales the majority of Kajabi’s features are designed to be easily accessible to those who are only beginning to get started in the world of online courses. Most of them are also advanced, giving administrating instructors an edge over other instructors. In addition this allows students such as you manage and build an online course without the need to look elsewhere in case something isn’t available. Kajabi provides all the tools that anyone could require in order to live up its ‘one stop shop label.
What does it let you do? Do?
There are many kinds of options that Kajabi allows you to create an all-in-one e-learning solution. We’ve made a list in bullets, of its important characteristics that you might want to keep an eye on when you’re thinking about the option. In simple terms, Kajabi allows you:
- Create interactive and engaging classes using a range of customizable tools such as media files, templates that you can choose depending on your preferences;
- Create a visually appealing website to present your course content and materials, as well as your own blog to keep your students informed about what else is new;
- Effectively utilize landing pages, checkout pages and other effective methods to increase the profits you earn, extend your reach over the boundaries and boost conversion rates.
- Choose how you wish to charge your courses or other items to your students – whether it’s one-time payments or a subscription for a month;
- Build effective sales funnels without any issues by making use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Utilize its in-house marketing and analytics software with the ability to send out e-mails as well as CRM and automation tools.
- Create and manage your affiliate links; and
- Explore a variety of community, customer service and training materials, with the addition of the Kajabi University feature.
Famous Names that have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted by over 16,000 businesses and big-name personalities. It’s the choice of several well-known personalities who are part of different industries, such as online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard and fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi hosts thousands on thousands of courses accessed and explored by over 35 million students from across the globe. In the last writing, Kajabi is generating more than $650million in revenue since its inception in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing plans Kajabi offers are quite different than other online course-making services in that they’re more expensive. With monthly rates that start at just $119, it’s no wonder that this can impede some people who like to give it a try. With the abundance of features that are included into every plan, the price is reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start at the Basic plan priced at $149 per month, or $119/month for billing annually. This plan lets you can create three products, reach a maximum of 1000 active users, as well as create websites that you are able to customize with tools fully provided by the platform. Additionally, you get unlimited pages for landing pages, unlimited marketing e-mails as well as unlimited access to useful resources, such as one-on-one customer support as well as Kajabi University.
Apart from The Basic Plan, there’s the Growth plan that happens to be the most sought-after plan on the platform with a monthly cost of $199 or $159/mo when paid annually, as well as the Pro plan for $399 per month or $319/mo yearly that is loaded with all the features you’d want when creating and selling your courses. Kajabi does not currently offer an option to pay for the plan. But a 14-day free trial is available on each of the three plans. An extended trial that lasts as long as 30 days also offered on select blogs. So if you want to try the service and determine if Kajabi is the best choice for you, the short trial offer is the best way to go.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Love About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s in-house marketing suite of tools, including automated e-mail marketing, and automation are optimized for business, and you won’t need to integrate with any other third-party service for that!
- The software that creates sales funnels. Another one of the platforms most-loved selling points, the sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of tested and accessible blueprint templates. No need to be overly complicated!
- Customization without limits. From designing professional-looking course websites all the way to the custom domain, Kajabi lets you customize to your heart’s content – and even build your brand from scratch.
- The simple and intuitive site as well as course editor. Making content using the site and the course builders hasn’t been so easy and swift, and it takes less effort and time to complete the task.
- Infinite integrations are endless. In addition to native integrations to 10 e-commerce, marketing and analytics tools, connecting to the app Zapier allows you to look and select from more than one thousand non-native platforms for better effectiveness.
- Establishing meaningful relationships with fellow instructors and students. Kajabi’s Community feature lets you engage with the students in any of your courses. It also lets you make connections, network and share your joy with hundreds of teachers similar to you.
The Cons – Things We Don’t Like
- The steep pricing plans. Three pricing options offered by Kajabi cost higher than the typical monthly prices provided by other companies. There’s not a free option as well.
- No built-in tools to issue certificates. It is possible connect to a third-party certificate app if you plan to make custom-designed certificates of different kinds.
- There aren’t enough tools to facilitate student-instructor engagement. We don’t appreciate the lack of certain features, like proper discussion forums and the ability to randomly distribute quizzes or assignments. Kajabi Api Documentation
An Overview of the Kajabi Features
User-Friendliness and Experience
One thing we like one thing we like about Kajabi is the shockingly easy user experience. First, the majority of the users interface (UI) is organized. If you may notice on the dashboard menu, you may find that all the features are organized into five main sections – Website Products, Sales Marketing, and People. The layout of the menu leaves no space for confusion, as certain elements that are associated with specific sections are able to be collapsed. The UI layout is very consistent, reflecting Kajabi’s ‘all-in-one’ hallmark. You can build an online landing page, change your course, and interact with your fellow instructors on one site.
It has a search assistant tool that can be useful anytime you’re looking for something difficult to find. The Kajabi Assistant is located at the top part of the dashboard in the form as a “search bar and allows you to search for specific tools and products on the site by typing in the words. As mentioned previously the site builder and course builder sections are drag-and-drop and make the process much easier without the need to know how to navigate it. Kajabi is a more streamlined learning curve than several of its peers. It also supports multiple languages other that English for those who want to share your content with broader audience.
Course Design and Engagement
Once you explore Kajabi’s course creation function, you may quickly come across a variety of templates for courses or products or, as the platform calls it blueprints. Each blueprint for a product is different in its structure and style and can be easily modified to suit the needs of instructors.
The blueprints listed are Mini Courses and Online Courses and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form quick courses, which are typically designed in order to increase brand value, while online Courses are full-version versions with a full content structure that are designed to provide the “world-class” education experience. Drip courses, on the contrary, are classes which are planned over a set series of days or weeks. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s a much more convenient method to distribute your content if you as well as your students are occupied with other things.
Kajabi is known to many as a popular premium course maker. However, in addition to the courses, the blueprints allow you to create a membership space that allows your customers to access exclusive content as well as a coaching session lasting 12 weeks. You can also download a blank template that allows you to create your own course or product completely from the ground up!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
As you further explore the course builder you’ll notice an outline of sections and lessons that were automatically added when you select any of the course blueprints. In Kajabi’s case, those sections and lessons are called post categories as well as category, or. Posts are where you insert various kinds of content, including text, video, and images, while the categories act as folders in which the posts are stored.
You can also include subcategories of posts within the same category, if you wish to structure your content flexibly. You can alter the outline by dragging it around. Kajabi accepts a broad range of media and text files to be added to your posts, including MOV and MP4 files, MP3 and WAV files, PDFs as well as Word documents. Upload any of them from your computer folders or file-sharing cloud platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can copy and paste existing URLs of your video to your posts!
Like a few select platforms for creating courses, Kajabi allows you to utilize the feature of bulk uploads. Similar to the name, you can add all the files you have uploaded to your courses on the same tab. This one is handy particularly if you’re doing other important stuff.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi offers a lineup of 10+ themes for course players. Unlike other LMS platforms, where you’re allowed to select the theme you want to use, Kajabi lets you have the option of choosing different themes for different products. Like the outline maker, it’s simple to alter any of the themes to fit your style. You can even incorporate details that represent your brand like your logo images, fonts, and designs into your course player to cultivate a personal touch. Kajabi Api Documentation
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi offers a quiz feature called Assessments. It allows you to make quizzes and assignments and include them as part of your curriculum. Assessments are a helpful way to assess if your students learned something from the curriculum you’ve given them. With the assessment feature, you get to select from three main types of questions: multiple-choice paragraph-style, and multiple-selection. You can even create an assessment score that will encourage your students to engage with your material more.
In addition aside from that, the LMS website has made progress in creating areas for students and teachers to interact. Through the Community feature your students are able to comment and interact with any of your courses via their dashboards. You can also write your blog posts to discuss with the rest of them your previous lessons and your upcoming content. The community feature is available either as a standalone item or as a component of your member space.
Website Design and Customization
Why would you want to publish your course content on your website’s domain or WordPress web site when Kajabi provides the platform and the tools to make one within the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting for 3 pricing options. What’s awesome about it is you’re guaranteed instant security and safety with an automatic SSL certification, as well as an experienced team of experts to maintain your site.
You also have the option to modify your domain as well as pick from a range of professional, one-of-a-kind themes that you can modify to your hearts content! The possibilities don’t end there: if you’re an expert edupreneur and are a member of the Growth plan and above you can use custom-designed themes that are built to meet the ever-changing needs of your business and also take away any Kajabi branding and replace it with your personal brand!
Just like the course builder that we’ve discussed earlier, the page builder from Kajabi allows you to modify any of the themes on the website using a variety of user-friendly and intuitive editing tools. Upon further exploration, you will be greeted with customizable sets of blocks and sections. They’re essentially like post categories, and categories from when we’ve discussed the course builder. Blocks are the elements that compose the content of the website which includes text, media files, and clickable buttons. Sections, on the other hand, are formed by multiple carefully-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 pre-designed section templates can be picked from the page builder’s dashboard. As we’re all glued to our smartphones and tablets nowadays, it makes total sense to use Kajabi to make your website automatically adjust to a mobile-friendly layout. You can go an extra mile and select which site element you wish for your members to view. With all the tools you need to build your site as you wish it to appear the page builder from Kajabi is not just incredibly flexible, but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Web-based Features
Other LMS platforms may not provide this feature, but Kajabi allows you to create an area on your site that is dedicated to your blog, where you can publish updates and thoughts about your course’s content. If you’re looking to make the most of your Kajabi-created website this service offers you an area where you can post your blog posts without limitations. Start by creating your blog posts by making your own using Text Editor. It is possible to include SEO elements if you’d like to have a wider reach or group your posts into various categories, and even customize how you would like your blog’s entire section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging capabilities may not be as up to the same level as WordPress or Blogspot However, it comes with enough tools to allow it to be managed. You can also create podcasts that you can promote on your website. You can upload the recordings of your podcast to be hosted on the site and distributed to the major podcasting platforms, such as Apple Podcasts and Spotify. If you upload a podcast episode there are two choices: publish it as a public podcast for free , or create an exclusive private version that only your members have access to. Kajabi Api Documentation
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
A big part of what makes Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is its array of marketing and sales tools that are extremely convenient and simple enough to even non- marketing experts to utilize!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A huge draw among the masses, Kajabi’s built-in e-mail marketing function allows you to send e-mails related to your course and website to your subscribed member students within the comforts of the platform. However, you might be amazed that it does more than just send e-mails. With the aid of Kajabi Automations, you get to build automated sequences of e-mails that are triggered by different kinds of user actions. For example, when your student successfully logs into one of your classes after checking out, a welcome message will be sent automatically to their inbox. If the course performs poorly then an upsell message is sent to suggest an improvement Kajabi Api Documentation
You can send as many e-mails to your campaign as you want and schedule each one in accordance to your preference. You can choose which of your members gets to receive those messages. E-mail management has never been this comprehensive yet easy to handle. Contrary to other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with marketing tools for e-mails. You don’t require integrating with other third-party platforms in order to make it work.
Apart from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing feature which allows you to designate certain members of yours as affiliates who can help advertise your website on behalf of you. In addition to paying them a commission and monitoring their performance to gauge how well they contribute to increasing your conversion rates and click rates. Kajabi Api Documentation
Another one of Kajabi’s overall standouts can be one of the best features is Pipeline Builder, where you get to create specialized marketing funnels with no overcomplicating difficulties. While other platforms provide similar features that require more time and effort however, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be so quick and easy that even those who aren’t experts are able to make the most of it. This amazing feature lets you select from a set of pre-made funnel blueprints or templates for pipelines. These include the following:
- Freebies – to be used whenever you’d like to offer an offer as a lead magnet to increase your email list
- Sales Page OVO is a great option whenever you want to persuade your public to buy your product through an online sales page
- Product Launch OVO is a great option for when you’re launching courses or other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO is a great option for whenever you want to promote your business through web-based training seminars
- Free Book OVO – for anytime you’d like to market your content an online book for free download.
- Coaching Campaign OVO – for when you’re trying to promote your classes through a series of coaching sessions
- Blank blueprint – for whenever you’re looking to create an effective sales funnel right from starting
Once you select from any of the pipeline blueprints Kajabi instantly creates a set of pages and e-mails that you’ll need to pull off an effective sales funnel. You may customize however you want your pipeline to appear to your audience. You can even alter the design of your landing and checkout pages, for example changing the design to a different theme There is a library filled with 40+ page templates that you can pick from.
Optional Payment Options and Price
Kajabi lets you integrate seamlessly with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal to ensure that your students can get to choose one of them to pay for your course. Stripe is a popular payment method that accepts debit and credit card transactions as well as certain e-wallet providers across the world. PayPal is, on the other hand, is available as an option for subscriptions and multi-payment plans. There are no pressing transaction fees on Kajabi’s part since all the money you earn will be immediately transferred directly to the bank accounts of your choice.
For price options for Kajabi, it offers customers a variety of pricing options of options to select from. You can charge your students for your services at different dates (one-time, subscription, and multiple payments) or hand them out for free. You even have the chance to decide if you want to charge a specified price for one product or multiple products, and specify specific dates your members can access within a given time frame. You also get to generate coupons to further motivate your target audience to buy any of your offers. Kajabi Api Documentation
Integrations with Third-Party Services
Kajabi may have a plethora of built-in tools to create and market your courses however, you also have the option to connect to third-party apps for an additional boost of functions. The platform is currently able to support 10 native integrations, which include the well-known analytics service Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier is extremely useful because it allows connections to hundreds of tools and third-party apps from e-commerce to user experience.
Training and Support for Customers
In terms of customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over other platforms because it’s among the few course creation platforms with live chat available 24/7 support. In contrast to other similar platforms, Kajabi’s customer support team is always available to help you whenever you’re struggling to create a course or page among other crucial issues, anytime and from anywhere. It’s crucial to mention that this 24-hour feature is available for instructors who are subscribed to the Growth plan up to for Basic users, live chat support is scheduled at certain times and days of the week. Nonetheless, Kajabi’s approach to customer service has been well-received by those who utilize it to develop meaningful courses. Kajabi Api Documentation
In terms of tools to train, Kajabi provides the user a range of access to resources that you can master and then become proficient with. Kajabi Hero University Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses and educational content specifically designed for educators and edupreneurs, to help them jumpstart or improve their standing in the course creation world. There are also daily Q+A educational webinars with prominent experts from various areas as guests. Additionally If you’re in search of additional tips and tricks assistance, the help section will be there to help you on your way. In addition to the platform’s Hero University, there is Kajabi’s Hero Rewards program, where course creators can earn tons of sweet perks as they reach their targets.
What is the other thing that is missing from Kajabi?
Kajabi might be a fantastic all-in-one tool to design and market your course content however, we must take care of a few essential things that are missing. Most of them would have been extremely helpful to enhance the user experience. Here are the following things we would like to see added to Kajabi’s system in the near future:
- Built-in tools that issue certificates and other credentials. While some offer this feature instructors who utilize Kajabi frequently will need to connect to third-party software that are specialized in the issue of certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we appreciate the platform’s handling of assessments within courses, we’d like for the lack of different types of questions and the randomization of those types – to be addressed soonest.
- Additional payment options. At the time of writing there are only two options for transactions: Stripe and PayPal are accepted. In addition, we don’t appreciate how there are certain limits also.
- A public API key. This could have been helpful for creating custom integrations for example, the ability to let your subscribers log in with the single sign-in option in other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi could have the majority of the features that an aspiring Edupreneur would ever want to have. But with the steep price plan, and the lack of features, it may cause some to be turned off. If you’re looking for alternatives that share similarity with Kajabi regarding reliability and performance, we’ve listed some worthy competitors you might be considering when making your choice. Kajabi Api Documentation
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in one solutions similar to Kajabi. The only major distinction is in the cost that starts at $67/month, you can create unlimited courses and sell your course to the right audience without ever having to worry about spending a dime!
- Podia does not just claim to be creator-friendly. It’s also extremely easy to use, far easier than Kajabi! While you get to utilize marketing tools Podia is much less heavy than the other. However, when you consider the budget-friendly price it’s easy to imagine the ways Podia will appeal to individuals who are just starting out in the business.
- While Kajabi lacks credentials and advanced quiz features, Thinkific makes up for these features. With its affordable price It certainly has higher-end features than the other has, and this includes live-taught courses as well as a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is like Thinkific in the manner it functions. But, we need to appreciate how Teachable is able to incorporate additional payment options since it accepts Google Pay and Apple Pay two gateways that Kajabi doesn’t have. Additionally, it allows one-on-one coaching as well as other essential features.
All in all, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park by having nearly all the features that most edupreneurs can make use of. It sure does offer the basic features that everyone needs, from intuitive functions needed to build a professional-looking web pages to the fantastic built-in marketing suite with the addition of simple diagrams of sales funnels as well as efficient e-mail marketing tools.
There are a few tools that are missing for example, the issuance of certificates, in particular. Also, with its high cost, it may not be the right choice among the budget-conscious. However, we understand that, while Kajabi does very well as an all-in-one solution for course creation but it’s not without limitations. It doesn’t hinder it, however, from becoming a favorite among experienced business owners and creators!
If you’re looking to find an LMS that gives you all you need in one platform, Kajabi is something you must seriously consider.
FAQ Kajabi Api Documentation
What does the word Kajabi refer to?
The word “Kajabi” derives from the word “Kajabi,” which is of Islamic or Arabic origin, which translates to “to take flight.”
Do I have the ability to sell physical items on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard courses, you can also sell physical products on Kajabi. You can also integrate with Shopify to set up a fully functioning E-commerce store using Kajabi!
Regarding marketing via e-mail is it possible Kajabi could replace MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already comes with e-mail marketing tools built into the platform, it’s logical that it’s enough to replace third-party programs such as MailChimp. However, if you do want to use the platform, Kajabi still allows you to integrate it with other applications too.
Is Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even offers an app for mobile devices to ensure that you and your subscribed members can access your entire course materials even when traveling. Kajabi Api Documentation