Hundreds of learning management system (LMS) platforms have a variety of essential features that you can use whenever you create meaningful content. While there could be a lot of sites that let you make use of modern marketing tools to market your courses to your desired viewers, other platforms might not offer all of the features. Although some sites provide simple-to-use tools to build courses, there’ll be a few that provide editing options so complicated that it turns off its users.
In the sea of e-course platforms There are some which offer more than just an easy editing interface, but also a myriad of marketing and sales functions. Additionally, they also offer almost everything you could think of such as 24/7 assistance and training materials to top-quality analytics. All-in-one platforms for courses allow you to explore beyond your limits One of them that provide it is Kajabi.
A Quick Look: What is Kajabi? Kajabi Backup
Kajabi is an online platform that allows you to make and sell your content to your audience of students. The company is advertised as an all-in-one solution and platform for edupreneurs, Kajabi offers edupren all kinds of industries with the best and essential features needed to not just create a professional website for your courses but let them grow to new heights. Kajabi has been praised by the media and is regarded as one of the most effective online learning platforms, with an overwhelmingly positive score from 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-liked among its users? There are numerous aspects that make this platform extremely convenient for all to utilize. Firstly, it’s the extreme ease of use. From course creation all the way to marketing almost all of the Kajabi features have been designed so that they are easily digestible for people who are only beginning to get started in the world of online courses. The majority of them are advanced, giving instructors an advantage over others. Lastly, it lets budding entrepreneurs like you run and develop courses without the need to look to another place if something else is missing. Kajabi offers all the equipment that one could need in order to live up to its ‘one-stop shop’ moniker.
What Can It Do? Do?
There are numerous options that Kajabi allows you to use as an all-in-one online course solution. We’ve put together a list in bullets of the key features that you may want to watch out for if you’re considering it. In simple terms, Kajabi allows you:
- Create interactive and engaging courses with a wide array of tools for customizing such as media files, templates that you can pick according to your preference;
- Create a professional website that can display your course materials and products, as well as blogs to keep your students informed about what’s new.
- Make the most of the landing page, checkout pages, and other ways to improve your earnings, expand your reach over the boundaries and increase conversion rates;
- Choose how you wish to charge your courses and other products for your students, whether it’s one-time payments or a subscription for a month;
- Create effective sales funnels with no any issues by making use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Make use of its internal marketing and analytics suite that includes email marketing and CRM as well as automation tools;
- Set up and manage your affiliate links, and
- Explore an array of customer service, community, and training resources, with the addition of the Kajabi University feature.
The Big Names Who Have Utilized Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted by over 16,000 businesses and famous personalities. It’s the go-to choice for some of the well-known names that are from various sectors, including online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard and fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is the home of thousands on thousands of courses accessed and explored by over 35 million students all over the world. At the time of time of writing Kajabi is generating more than $650million in sales since it was founded in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing plans that Kajabi offers are quite different from other online course-making services in that they’re more expensive. With monthly rates that start at just $119, it’s no wonder that this might be an issue for those who want to give it a try. With the abundance of features that are included within each plan, the pricing is reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start by offering the Basic plan priced at $149 per month or $119/month for billing annually. This plan lets you get to create three products, garner a maximum of 1,000 active customers, and make your own website you can modify using the tools provided by the platform. Also included are unlimited landing pages, unlimited marketing e-mails and access to unlimited helpful resources, including one-on-one customer support as well as Kajabi University.
Apart from basic plans, there is the Growth plan that happens to be Kajabi’s most popular plan for $199 per month or $159/month if you pay annually. There is also the Pro plan for $399 per month or $319/mo yearly and is packed with every feature you could ask for when designing and selling your course. Kajabi does not currently offer an option to pay for the plan. However, a 14-day free trial is available for all three plans. A longer trial of up to 30 days is also offered on select blogs. If you want to try the service and see if Kajabi’s the right fit for you, the limited trial period is the ideal method to start.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Love About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s in-house marketing suite of tools, which includes email marketing and automation are optimized for businessuse, and it isn’t necessary to integrate with third-party solutions for this!
- The software that creates sales funnels. Another of the platforms most-loved selling points, the sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of tested and understood blueprint templates – no need to overcomplicate yourself!
- The ability to customize without limitations. From the creation of professional-looking courses all the way to the custom name, Kajabi lets you customize to your hearts content and even create your own brand from the ground up.
- The easy and intuitive website and course editors. The creation of content using the site and the course builder software has never been so simple and fast, since it takes less effort and time to complete the task.
- Unlimited integrations. In addition to native integrations to 10 e-commerce, marketing and analytics solutions, connecting to Zapier’s app allows you to look and select among more than a thousand non-native platforms that can improve your effectiveness.
- Making lasting connections with students and fellow instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature allows you to interact with students in your classes. It also lets you make connections, network and celebrate with a multitude of teachers similar to you.
The Cons – What We Don’t Like
- The pricey pricing plans. Three pricing options offered by Kajabi cost more than the typical monthly prices offered by other services. There’s no free option available neither.
- No built-in tools to issue certificates. It is possible to connect to a third party certificate software if you want to make custom-designed certificates of different kinds.
- Not enough tools for student-instructor engagement. We don’t appreciate the lack of some particular features, including appropriate discussion forums as well as the ability to randomly assign the assignments or quizzes. Kajabi Backup
A Review of Kajabi’s Features
User-Friendliness and Experience
One thing that we like one thing we like about Kajabi is its surprisingly simple user experience. For one, most of the User Interface (UI) is organized. If you look at the dashboard menu, you will see that the functions are organized into five main sections – Website Products, Sales Marketing and People. The layout of the menu does not allow for clutter, as some aspects that belong to specific sections are able to be collapsed. The UI style is very uniform and reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-one” hallmark. You get to create your own landing page, alter your course, and communicate with your instructors through one website.
The search assistant is a tool that is useful when you need to search for something that is difficult to find. The Kajabi Assistant is located at the top of the dashboard in the shape of a search bar, and allows you to search for specific tools and products within the site by entering the keywords. As mentioned previously, both Kajabi’s courses and site builder sections are drag-and-drop and make the process much easier without needing to learn how to navigate it. Kajabi is more user-friendly and has a less arduous learning curve than a couple of its contemporaries. It is also compatible with other languages that English in case you want to share your content with broader audience.
Course Design and Engagement
If you take a look at Kajabi’s courses creation feature, you’ll soon encounter a list of product or course templates, or what the platform refers to them, blueprints. Each blueprint for a product is different in its structure and style and can be easily modified to meet the needs of any instructor.
The blueprints listed are Mini Courses as well as Online Courses, and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form quick courses, which are typically designed as a means of gaining brand value, while online Courses are full-version courses with a complete content structure designed for a “world-class” educational experience. Drip courses, on other hand, are courses which are planned over a set series of days or weeks. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s an easier method of sharing your content if you or your students are busy working on other projects.
Kajabi is known to many as a popular premium course maker. Apart from kinds of courses offered, the blueprints allow you to create a membership area for your members to enjoy exclusive content and a coach session for 12 weeks. You can also download a blank template which allows you to design your own course or product completely from scratch!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
If you continue to look into the course builder, you’ll see an outline of sections and lessons that were automatically added if you choose one of the blueprints for your course. In Kajabi’s case, those sections and lessons are called groups and posts and vice versa. Posts are where you put in different types of content, including text, video images, and text, while the categories act as folders where the posts are stored.
You can also include subcategories of posts under a category if you want to arrange your content in a flexible way. You can also drag and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a wide variety of text and media files that can be used to add to your posts, such as MP4 and MOV files, MP3 and WAV files, PDFs and Word documents. You can upload any of them via your computer’s folders, or through file-sharing cloud platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can also copy and paste existing URLs of your videos to your blog posts!
Like several other course-making platforms, Kajabi allows you to use the feature of bulk uploads. Similar to the name that you can upload all your files to your courses on one tab. This can be useful particularly if you’re doing other important stuff.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi provides a selection of 10+ course player themes. Unlike other LMS platforms, where you’re given the option to choose the theme you want to use, Kajabi lets you have the choice of selecting different themes for various products. Like the outline builder, it’s relatively easy to customize any theme to suit your personal style. You can also incorporate elements of your brand, such as the logo or images as well as font designs into the course player to add a a personal touch. Kajabi Backup
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi offers a quiz feature called Assessments where you get to design and create assignments and quizzes and add them as part of your curriculum. Assessments are a helpful method of determining the extent to which your students gained from the lessons you’ve provided them. With the assessments feature, you get to select from three main types of questions: multiple-choice multi-selection, or paragraph-style. You can even set an assessment score that will encourage your students in engaging with your content more.
In addition, it is also important to note that the LMS site has also been able to make strides in creating spaces for teachers and students to interact. With the Community feature, students have access to comment and interact with any of your courses through their dashboards. It is possible to write your posts to discuss with the rest of them your lessons from the past as well as your future content. The community feature is available either as a standalone feature or as component of your member area.
Website Design and Customizability
Why should you upload your course materials to your web domain as well as WordPress web site when Kajabi provides the platform and tools to build one on the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting across the three plans of pricing. What’s awesome about it is you’re guaranteed immediate safety and security with an automated SSL certification as well as a team to help maintain your website.
You also have the option to modify your domain and also pick from a variety of unique, professional themes, which you can customize to your hearts content! The possibilities don’t end there: If you’re an expert edupreneur and signed to the Growth plan and above, you get to download custom-designed themes designed to meet your ever-growing needs, plus take away all Kajabi logos and substitute that with your personal brand!
Similar to the course builder we’ve mentioned earlier, the page builder from Kajabi allows you to alter any of the themes for websites using a set of intuitive and easy-to-handle editing tools. Upon further exploration, you will be greeted with a variety of customizable blocks and sections. They’re essentially like those categories as well as posts from when we’ve discussed how to build courses. Blocks are the components that comprise the content of the website including text, media files or clickable icons. Sections, on the other hand are made up of multiple neatly-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 preset section templates you can choose from the page builder’s dashboard. Since we’re all connected to our phones and tiny tablets it is logical for Kajabi to make your website automatically adjust to mobile-friendly layout. You can even go the extra mile by choosing which site element you wish for your members to view. With all the necessary tools to make your site look however you want it to appear Kajabi’s page builders are not just incredibly flexible, but also fast to use.
Blogging and Other Useful Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not provide this, but Kajabi allows you to make sections of your website dedicated to your blog where you can post updates and thoughts about your course’s content. If you’re looking to make the most out of your Kajabi-made site this service offers you the opportunity to publish your content without restriction. It is possible to begin with posting blog content by creating one with the text editor. You may include SEO elements if you’d like to have a wider reach and organize your blog posts into various categories, and even alter the way you want your entire blog section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging capabilities may not be as on the same level as WordPress or Blogspot However, it comes with enough tools to make it manageable. Additionally, you can also create podcasts to promote on your website. You may upload recordings of your podcasts to be hosted on the site and distributed to the major podcasting platforms like iTunes Podcasts as well as Spotify. When uploading podcast episodes there are two options: release the podcast as a public one for free , or create an exclusive private one that only your members can get access to. Kajabi Backup
Marketing and Sales
One of the reasons that make Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is the variety of marketing and sales tools that are highly user-friendly and easy to even non- marketing experts to use!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A big draw among the masses, Kajabi’s built-in e-mail marketing function allows users to send out e-mails about your course and website to your subscribed member students within the comforts of the platform. However, you might be amazed that it does more than sending e-mails. With the help from Kajabi Automations, you get to automate sequences of e-mails triggered by different kinds of user actions. For instance, if your student logs in successfully to one of your classes after checking out, a welcome message will be automatically delivered into their email inbox. If another course is not performing then an upsell message is delivered to offer suggestions for improvement Kajabi Backup
You can send as many e-mails to your campaign as you wish and schedule each of them in accordance with your preferences. You can also choose which members of your group are eligible the messages. E-mail management has never been more comprehensive yet easy to handle. Contrary to other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with e-mail marketing tools that wouldn’t have to worry about integrating with other third-party platforms in order to make it work.
Apart from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing option that lets you assign some of your members as affiliates to help promote your content on behalf of your company. Alongside paying them the commission rate it is also possible to track their performance to determine how well they contribute to increasing your conversion and click rates. Kajabi Backup
Another one of Kajabi’s overall top features is one of the best features is Pipeline Builder, where you get to create specialized marketing funnels with no overcomplicating difficulties. While other platforms have similar features that require much more effort and time and effort, this Pipeline Builder is designed to be so quick and easy that even those who aren’t experts can make better use of it. This stunning feature lets you choose from a set of pre-made funnel templates or pipeline blueprints. This includes:
- Freebie – for whenever you’d like to provide an offer as a lead magnet to build your list
- Sales Page OVO – to use whenever you want to persuade your public to buy your product through a sales page
- Product Launch OVO – for whenever you’re launching a course or other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – to use occasions when you need to advertise your business through web-based seminars
- Free Book OVO – for anytime you’d like to showcase your content the free digital book that you can download
- Coaching Campaign OVO – for any time you’re promoting your courses through the use of coaching sessions
- Blank design – for when you’d like to construct the sales funnel you want from starting
When you choose from one of the blueprints for a pipeline Kajabi will automatically generate pages and e-mails you will have to put together to make an effective sales funnel. You may customize however you would like your sales funnel to look to your customers. You could even alter the design of your checkout and landing pages, for instance, to a different one – there is a library filled with 40+ pages templates you can pick from.
Optional Payment Options and Price
Kajabi lets you integrate seamlessly with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal so that your member students are able to select between them when they pay for your course. Stripe is the common payment option that accepts debit and credit card transactions and select e-wallet providers all over the world. PayPal however, on the contrary on the other hand, is an option for subscriptions and multi-payment plans. There aren’t any transaction fees on Kajabi’s part because all your earnings will be immediately transferred to your bank account.
In terms of price options for Kajabi, it provides you a wide range of pricing options. You can choose to cost your pupils for the products at various times (one-time, subscription, and multi-payments) or distribute them for free. You can also choose to select if you’re going to charge a specified price for a specific product or multiple items, and set specific dates that your students can access your products within a given period of time. Additionally, you can create coupons to further motivate your customers to purchase any of your offers. Kajabi Backup
Integrations to Third-Party Services
Kajabi may have a plethora of built-in tools to develop and promote your courses However, you can connect to third-party apps for more functions. The platform currently supports 10 native integrations, which include the well-known analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier can be extremely helpful as it helps establish connections with hundreds of other third-party applications and tools, ranging from e-commerce to user experience.
Training and Support for Customers
In terms of customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over its competitors because it is one of the only course creation platforms with live chat available 24/7 support. Contrary to similar services, Kajabi’s customer support team is always available to assist you if you’re struggling to create an online course or website, in addition to other issues that are important, at any time and from anywhere. However, it’s important to note that this 24 hour feature is available for instructors who subscribe to the Growth plan upwards – for Basic users live chat is available at certain times and days of the week. Nonetheless, Kajabi’s approach to customer service has been well-received by many who use it to develop meaningful courses. Kajabi Backup
As for tools to train, Kajabi provides the user a range of access to resources that you can master and become familiar with. The Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses and educational content specifically targeted at educators and edupreneurs to help them gain traction or boost their position in the world of course design. There are also every day Q&A webinars that feature top experts from various fields as guests, plus when you’re looking for more tips and tricks, the help center is available to help you in the right direction. In addition to the platform’s Hero University, there is also a Kajabi Hero Rewards program in which course creators get rewarded with numerous sweet rewards when they reach their objectives.
What else is missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi might be a fantastic all-in-one platform to develop and sell your course material However, we need to address a few vital things that are missing. A majority of them could be extremely useful in improving the experience. Below are the items we would like to see added to Kajabi’s system in the near future:
- Built-in tools to issue certificates and credentials. While some provide this service instructors who utilize Kajabi often will still need to connect to third-party apps which specialize in issuance of certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we may appreciate the way that the platform handles assessments within courses, we’d like for the lack of different types of questions and the randomization of those types that is addressed as soon as possible.
- Additional payment options. As of the moment, only transactions via Stripe and PayPal can be accepted. Not only that, we aren’t sure if there are limits as well.
- A public API key. This would have been useful for custom integrations, for example, the ability to let your subscribers log in with the single sign-in feature with other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi may have essentially most of the features an edupreneur could ever dream of. However, due to the high cost plan and a plethora of features, it could cause some to be turned off. If you’re looking for alternatives with collective similarities with Kajabi with regards to performance and reliability We’ve provided a list of worthy competitors you might think about when making your choice. Kajabi Backup
- New Zenler is an online course platform that offers all-in-one services similar to Kajabi. The only distinction is in the cost – starting at only $67/month You can design unlimited courses and sell your course to the right audience without worrying about spending a dime!
- Podia doesn’t just claim to be creator-friendly. It’s also extremely easy to use, much easier than even Kajabi! In addition, you can benefit from marketing features Podia is much less heavy than other. With the extremely affordable price range it’s easy to see the ways Podia will appeal to DIY entrepreneurs getting into the business.
- While Kajabi lacks credentials and sophisticated quiz functions, Thinkific makes up for these features. With a price that is affordable for beginners, it sure does offer greater features that the other has, and this includes live lesson courses and an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is like Thinkific in terms of how it works. However, we must appreciate how the former can incorporate additional payment options since it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay which are two gateways Kajabi doesn’t have. You can also avail one-on-one coaching and other core features.
All in all, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park by offering a wide range of features that most edupreneurs can make use of. It does provide the basic features that everyone needs including the intuitive features needed to build a professional-looking web pages to the fantastic integrated marketing suite that includes the addition of simple sales funnel blueprints and efficient e-mail marketing tools.
There are a few instruments that aren’t there, such as the issue of certificates in particular. Also, with its high cost, it might not be the right choice among the budget-conscious. We do recognize that even though Kajabi performs great as an all-in one solution for course creation however, it’ll always have limitations. However, that doesn’t stop it but it is a popular choice among established business owners and creators!
If you’re still searching to find an LMS that can provide everything you require on one platform, Kajabi is something you must seriously look into.
FAQ Kajabi Backup
What does the word Kajabi translate to?
The word “Kajabi” originates from a word of Islamic (or Arabic origin, which translates to “to take flight.”
Can I sell physical goods on Kajabi?
Yes! In addition to the normal classes, you can also sell physical products on Kajabi. It is possible to connect with Shopify to set up a fully functioning online store on Kajabi!
In terms of e-mail marketing Is it possible that Kajabi could be able to replace MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already includes E-mail marketing tools integrated into the platform, it’s natural that it’s sufficient to replace third-party programs such as MailChimp. However, if you intend to make use of it, Kajabi still allows you to integrate with it and other applications too.
Is Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has a mobile app so that you and the members who have subscribed can access your entire course content even when you’re in the move. Kajabi Backup