Hundreds of learning management system (LMS) platforms offer various important features you can use when creating content of high quality. Although there are plenty of sites that let you make use of modern marketing tools to promote your courses to your desired audience, some might not offer all of the features. And while some offer easy-to-use tools for creating courses, there will be a few that have an editing experience that is so complicated they turn off their users.
In the sea of e-course platforms, there are a few that offer not just an easy editing interface, but also a plethora of marketing and sales functions. In addition to that they also offer almost all you can think of, from 24/7 help and training resources to top-notch analytics. All-in-one platforms for courses allow you to explore beyond your limits One of them that offer it effortlessly is Kajabi.
In a nutshell: What is Kajabi? Kajabi Basic Plan
Kajabi is an online platform that lets you develop and market your content to your student audience. Branded as an all-in-one service that provides entrepreneurs from all kinds of industries with the best and essential features needed to not just build a professional-looking website for your courses but let them grow to greater heights. Kajabi is widely praised and considered to be one of the top online course platforms, gaining an overwhelming score from 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so popular and well-liked among its users? Well, there are quite numerous factors that make this platform extremely easy for anyone to utilize. First, it’s the simplicity of usage. From course creation all the way to marketing and sales the majority of the Kajabi features are designed to be accessible to those who are only beginning to get started in the world of e-learning. The majority of them are advanced, which gives instructors who administer the course an edge over the rest. Lastly this allows students like you run and develop a course-making business without having to go elsewhere in case something is missing. Kajabi has all the available tools that anyone could require and is a true testament the ‘one-stop-shop’ moniker.
What Does It Let You Do?
There are numerous options that Kajabi allows you to do as an all-in-one e-course solution. We’ve compiled a list, in bullet form of the key attributes that you ought to watch out for if you’re considering it. Simply put, Kajabi lets you:
- Create interactive and engaging classes using a range of customizing tools, media files, and templates that you can choose in accordance with your personal preferences.
- Build a presentable website to display your course materials and materials and your own blog to keep your students up-to-date on the latest developments;
- Make the most of landing pages, checkout pages and other effective ways to improve your profits, further your reach beyond the limits, and generate higher conversion rates;
- Select the method you want to bill your courses and other services to your students – whether it’s a one-time payment or a monthly subscription
- Design and build effective sales funnels without any difficulties by making use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Make use of its internal marketing and analytics suite that includes the ability to send out e-mails and CRM as well as automated tools.
- Create and manage your affiliate links, and
- Explore a wide variety of customer service, community, and training resources, with the addition of Kajabi University.
Famous Names that have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted and used by more than 16,000 organizations and famous personalities. It’s the go-to choice for some of the well-known names who are part of different industries, such as the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard and fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is home to thousands of courses accessed and explored by over 35 million students from across the globe. As of this writing, Kajabi boasts more than $650 million of revenue since it was founded in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing plans Kajabi offers are quite different than other online course creation services in that they’re more costly. With monthly costs that begin at just $119, it’s no wonder why this can impede some people who would be interested in giving the service a shot. However, when you consider the number of features that are included in each plan, pricing is reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin at the Basic plan, which costs $149 per month or $119/month when billed annually. This plan lets you are able to design three products, gain up to 1,000 active customers, and make websites that you are able to create with the tools offered by Kajabi’s platform. Included are unlimited pages for landing pages, unlimited marketing e-mails, and unlimited access to valuable resources, including one-on one customer support as well as Kajabi University.
In addition to The Basic Plan, there’s the Growth plan that happens to be the most sought-after plan on the platform for $199 per month or $159/mo if paid annually, as well as the Pro plan for $399 per month or $319/mo yearly and is packed with every feature you’d want when you are designing and selling your course. Kajabi does not currently offer a free plan option. There is however a fourteen-day no-cost trial is available for each of the three plans. A trial extension that runs for up to 30 days also offered on select blogs. So if you wish to try the service and see if Kajabi’s the right fit for you, then the brief trial period is the ideal option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Like About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s marketing suite in-house of tools, including email marketing and automation are designed for businesses, so it isn’t necessary to integrate with any other third-party service for this!
- The sales funnel software. Another of the most popular features on the platform is the sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of well-tested and understood blueprint templates – no need to get too complicated!
- Unlimited customization. From designing professional-looking course websites all the way to the custom name, Kajabi lets you customize to your heart’s content – and even build your brand from scratch.
- The simple and intuitive site and course editors. Making content using the site and course builders hasn’t been so easy and swift, and it requires less effort and time to get everything done.
- Limitless integrations. Aside from native integrations with 10 e-commerce, marketing and analytics services, connection to Zapier’s app allows users to investigate and select from more than one thousand non-native platforms to increase effectiveness.
- Making lasting connections with your students and instructors. Kajabi’s community feature lets you connect with students who are enrolled in any of your courses. You can also network, connect, and celebrate with tons of teachers who happen to be similar to you.
The Cons – Things We Don’t Like
- The pricing plans are hefty. Kajabi’s three pricing plans are greater than the typical monthly prices offered by other services. There’s no free option available as well.
- There is no built-in tool to issue certificates. You may need connect to a third-party certificate application if you intend to design custom-made certificates that are of different types.
- There aren’t enough tools to facilitate student-instructor engagement. We’re not happy about the absence of specific tools, such as proper discussion forums and the ability to randomly distribute quizzes or assignments. Kajabi Basic Plan
A Review of Kajabi’s Features
User-Friendliness and Experience
One thing that we like one thing we like about Kajabi is its surprisingly simple user experience. One of the reasons is that the users interface (UI) is organized. If you check the dashboard menu, you will see that the functions are divided into five major sections: Website Products, Sales Marketing and People. The design of the menu leaves no space for clutter, as some features that are related to the specific section can be collapsed. The UI style is very uniform, reflecting Kajabi’s ‘all-in-one’ trademark. You get to create a landing page, modify your course and engage with other instructors on one site.
It has a search assistant tool that is useful when you need to search for something that may be hard to find. The Kajabi Assistant is located at the top of the dashboard in the shape of a search bar, and it lets you look for tools and items on the site by typing in the words. Like we said that both the Kajabi site builder and course builder sections are drag-and-drop and make the process much easier without having to know how to navigate the site. Kajabi is more user-friendly and has a less arduous learning curve than a couple of its contemporaries. It is also compatible with other languages that English if you wish to expose your content to broader audiences.
Course Design and Engagement
If you take a look at Kajabi’s courses design feature, you will be able to see a collection of course or product templates or what the platform refers to them, blueprints. Each of the product blueprints is different in its structure and style and can be customized to fit any instructor’s needs.
Included among the listed blueprints are Mini Courses and Online Courses as well as Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form , quick courses that are usually created in order to increase the brand’s value, whereas online Courses are full-version versions with a complete content structure designed for a “world-class” learning experience. Drip courses, on the contrary, are classes that are scheduled for an established period of days or weeks. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s an easier way to share your content when you as well as your students are occupied working on other projects.
Kajabi might be regarded by many as a well-known premium course maker. But, aside from the course types, the product blueprints let you create a membership space where your customers can enjoy exclusive content and a coach session lasting 12 weeks. You can also download a blank template that allows you to create a course or product completely from scratch!
Categories Posts, Categories, as well as Content Uploads
If you continue to explore the course builder, you’ll notice an outline of sections and lessons that have been automatically added when you select any of the course blueprints. In Kajabi’s instance, these sections and lessons are referred to as post categories as well as category, or. The posts are where you insert various kinds of content, including text, video images, and text, while the categories serve as folders in which the posts are kept.
It is also possible to include subcategories of posts under the same category, if you wish to arrange your content in a flexible way. You can move and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a variety of media and text files to be added to your posts, including MP4 and MOV files, WAV and MP3 files, PDFs, and even Word documents. Upload all of them directly from your computer folders or via cloud-based file sharing platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can even copy and paste existing URLs for your videos into your blog posts!
Like several other course-making platforms, Kajabi allows you to utilize the bulk upload feature. Similar to the name it allows you to upload all your files to your courses on one tab. This can be useful especially when you’re performing other tasks.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi offers a lineup of more than 10 themes for course players. In contrast to other LMS platforms that only allow you to be allowed to select the theme you want to use, Kajabi lets you have the choice of selecting several themes to suit different products. Similar to the course outline creator, it’s simple to modify any theme to fit your style. You can also incorporate elements that represent your brand, such as the logo, images, and font designs into your course player to cultivate an individual touch. Kajabi Basic Plan
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi has a quiz feature called Assessments. It allows you to make quizzes and assignments and include them as part of your curriculum. Assessments are a helpful way to assess if your students learned something from the curriculum you’ve given them. Through the assessment feature, you can choose from three different question types: multiple-choice, paragraph-style, and multiple-selection. You can even create an assessment score that will encourage your students in engaging with your content more.
Aside from that in addition, it is also important to note that the LMS site has also been able to make strides in creating spaces for students and teachers to connect. Through the Community feature your students are able to interact and comment on any of your courses through their dashboards. You can also write your blog posts for discussion with other students your previous lessons as well as your future content. The community feature can be accessed as a separate feature or as component of your member area.
Website Design and Customizability
Why would you want to publish your course content with your domain name or WordPress site when Kajabi offers the platform and tools to create one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting for all three pricing plans. What’s great about this is you’re guaranteed instant security and security through the automatic SSL certification as well as a team to help maintain your site.
You also have the option to customize your domain, and also pick from a variety of professional, one-of-a-kind themes that you can personalize to your hearts content! This doesn’t stop there. If you’re an expert edupreneur and have signed up to the Growth plan and above you can use custom-designed themes that are built to meet the ever-changing needs of your business and also take away any Kajabi brand names and then replace that with your own!
Just like the course builder we’ve mentioned previously, Kajabi’s page builders allows you to alter any of the given themes on the website using a variety of intuitive and easy-to-handle editing tools. If you continue to explore you’ll be presented with customizable sets of blocks and sections. They’re basically like post categories, and categories that we’ve discussed when we’ve discussed the course builder. Blocks are referred to as the components that comprise the site’s content, such as text, media files, or clickable icons. Sections are, however, are formed by multiple well-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 pre-designed section templates you can pick from the dashboard of the page builder. As we’re all glued to our smartphones and small tablets it’s logical to use Kajabi to let your site automatically adjust to a mobile layout. You can even go the extra mile and select which site element you wish members to see. With all the tools you need to make your site look how you would like it to look, Kajabi’s page builder is not only super flexible but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Web-based Features
Other LMS platforms may not provide this feature, but Kajabi allows you to make sections of your website dedicated to your blog where you can post updates and thoughts on your course content. If you want to make the most of your Kajabi-created website this service offers you the opportunity to do so without limits. It is possible to begin with the blog post by making one with an editor for text. You can include SEO elements if you wish to have a wider reach, group your posts into different categories, and even customize how you want your entire blog section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging features might not be on par as WordPress or Blogspot However, it comes with enough tools to be manageable. Additionally, you can also create podcasts that you could promote on your site. You can upload the recordings of your podcasts to be hosted on the site and then distributed to major podcasting platforms like Apple Podcasts and Spotify. If you upload a podcast episode you can choose between two options: either release it as a public podcast for free , or create an exclusive private version that only your users are able to access. Kajabi Basic Plan
Marketing and Sales
A big part of what makes Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is its slew of marketing and sales tools that are highly easy and straightforward for even those who aren’t marketing experts to use!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A major draw for the crowd, Kajabi’s built-in email marketing feature allows you to send e-mails about your course and website to your subscribed member students within the comforts of the platform. However, you might be amazed that it can do more than sending e-mails. With the aid with Kajabi Automations, you get to automate sequences of emails that are triggered by different kinds of user actions. For example, when your student successfully logs into one of your classes after the checkout process, a welcome email will be sent automatically to their inbox. If another underperforms then an upsell message is delivered to offer suggestions for improvement Kajabi Basic Plan
You can create as many e-mails for your campaign as you want and schedule each of them in accordance to your preference. You can choose which of your members gets to receive those messages. Managing e-mails has never been this complete and easy to manage. In contrast to other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with tools for marketing e-mails that you will not require the integration with third-party platforms to make things work.
In addition, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing option that lets you assign certain members of yours as affiliates who can help promote your content on behalf of you. Apart from paying them a commission it is also possible to track their performance to see how well they contribute to increasing your conversion and click rates. Kajabi Basic Plan
Another one of Kajabi’s overall top features are the Pipeline Builder, where you can create custom marketing funnels without a lot of difficulties. While other platforms have similar features, which require more time and effort however, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even the uninitiated can make better use of it. This amazing feature lets you select from a set of pre-made funnel designs or pipeline blueprints. This includes:
- Freebies are great for when you’d like to offer a freebie as a lead magnet to grow your email list
- Sales Page OVO – for whenever you want to convince your intended customers to purchase your product through an online sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use any time you’re launching a course or other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – for any time you wish to promote your business through web-based seminars
- Free Book OVO – to use anytime you’d like to promote your content with an online book for free download.
- Coaching Campaign OVO – to use when you’re trying to promote your courses through an array of coaching sessions
- Blank blueprint – for whenever you’re looking to create the sales funnel you want from the ground
When you choose from one of the pipeline blueprints Kajabi will automatically generate pages and emails you’ll need to pull off an effective sales funnel. You can alter the way you would like your sales funnel to appear to your target audience. You may even change the theme of your landing and checkout pages, for instance, to a different one There is a library full of 40+ page templates that you can pick from.
Payment and Pricing Options
Kajabi lets you integrate seamlessly with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal so that your students can choose between the two to pay for your course. Stripe is the common payment option that accepts debit and credit card transactions as well as various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal is, on the other hand, is available as an alternative for subscribers and multi-payment plans. There aren’t any charges for transactions on Kajabi’s side because all your earnings are immediately sent to your bank account.
For price options for Kajabi, it offers an array of options for you of options to select from. You can either make your student pay for products at different times (one-time, subscription, and multi-payments) or distribute them for free. You also have the option to select if you’re going to charge a specified price for a specific item or for a variety of products, and establish specific dates for your members can access within a specific time frame. You can also create coupons that will further encourage your audience to purchase the products you offer. Kajabi Basic Plan
Integration with Third-Party Services
Kajabi has a variety of built-in services needed to develop and promote your courses however, you also can connect to other third-party applications for an additional boost of functions. Kajabi currently has the integration of ten natively-built integrations, such as the well-known analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier is extremely useful because it allows connections to hundreds of tools and third-party apps that range from e-commerce to user experiences.
Training and Customer Support Resources
When it comes to customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over the rest as it’s among the only course creation platforms that offer 24/7 live chat support. Contrary to similar services the Kajabi customer support team is always ready to assist you if you encounter difficulties creating an online course or website, in addition to other issues that are important, at any time and wherever. It’s crucial to note that this 24/7 support is available to instructors who are subscribed to the Growth plan upwards – for basic users, live chat support is scheduled at certain times and days of the week. However, Kajabi’s method of customer service has been praised by those who utilize it to create useful courses. Kajabi Basic Plan
In terms of tools for training, Kajabi gives an array of options to resources that you can learn and get used to. The Kajabi Hero University is packed with courses, tutorials, and informative content especially geared towards teachers and edupreneurs, to help them jumpstart or improve their position in the world of course design. There are also weekly Q&A-style educational webinars featuring leading experts from different fields as guests, plus If you’re in search of more advice and tricks, the help center is always there to guide you in the right direction. Alongside the platform’s Hero University, there is Kajabi’s Hero Rewards program in which course creators get rewarded with numerous sweet rewards when they meet their goals.
What Else is Missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi could be an excellent all-in-one tool to design and promote your course content However, we need to take care of a few essential things that aren’t being addressed. A majority of them could have been very useful in improving the experience. These are some of the things we’d like to see included in the Kajabi system shortly:
- Built-in tools that issue certificates and credentials. While some provide this service, instructors who use Kajabi frequently will require connecting to third-party software that are specialized in the issue of certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we appreciate the way that the platform handles assessments within courses, we’d like for the absence of options for question types – plus randomization of said types that is addressed as soon as possible.
- Additional payment options. As of the moment there are only two options for transactions: Stripe as well as PayPal are accepted. Not only that, but we aren’t sure if there are limitations as well.
- An API key that is public. This would have been useful for creating custom integrations such as having your students who have subscribed to your service sign in using the single sign-in option in other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi may have essentially most of the features an edupreneur could ever dream of. But with the steep price plan and a certain lack of features, it may turn some people off. If you’re looking for alternatives that share collective similarities with Kajabi with regards to reliability and performance we’ve listed a few worthy competitors you might be considering when making your choice. Kajabi Basic Plan
- New Zenler is an online course platform that offers all-in-one services similar to Kajabi. The only significant difference is the price that starts at $67/month You are able to create unlimited courses and market to your audience of choice without ever having to worry about the cost!
- Podia isn’t just claiming to be a creator-friendly platform. It’s also extremely simple to use, much easier than Kajabi! In addition, you can benefit from marketing features Podia is much less heavy than other. However, when you consider the budget-friendly price range it’s easy to see the way Podia can appeal to individuals who are just starting out in the business.
- While Kajabi does not have credentials or advanced quiz features, Thinkific makes up for these features. With a price that is affordable for beginners and a wide range of features, it certainly offers greater features that the other, and this includes live lesson courses and an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is like Thinkific in terms of how it functions. However, it is important to understand how Teachable is able to incorporate additional payment options since it supports Google Pay and Apple Pay two gateways that Kajabi does not have. You can also avail one-on-one coaching as well as other essential features.
In the end, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park for having nearly all the tools that most entrepreneurs utilize. It does provide the essentials anyone must need including the intuitive features needed to create a professional-looking website , to the impressive built-in marketing suite with the inclusion of easy-to-understand sales funnel blueprints and efficient marketing tools for e-mails.
There could be some tools that are missing like the issue of certificates specifically. Also, with its high cost, it might not be the wise option for those with a tight budget. We do recognize that, while Kajabi does well in being an all-in-one solution for creating courses however, it’ll always have limits. That doesn’t stop it, however, from becoming a favorite among experienced business owners and creators!
If you’re looking to find an LMS that gives you all you need in one platform, Kajabi is something you should strongly consider.
FAQ Kajabi Basic Plan
What does the word Kajabi translate to?
The word “Kajabi” derives from a word of Islamic or Arabic origin which means “to fly.”
Do I have the ability to sell physical items on Kajabi?
Yes! In addition to the normal courses, you can also sell physical items on Kajabi. You can even integrate with Shopify to create a fully-functioning E-commerce store using the platform!
Regarding marketing via e-mail Is it possible that Kajabi could be able to replace MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already comes with E-mail marketing tools integrated within the platform, it’s natural that it’s sufficient to replace third-party programs like MailChimp. However, if you do intend to make use of it, Kajabi still allows you to integrate with it and other apps as well.
Is Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has an app for mobile devices to ensure that you and the members who have subscribed can access all your courses even while in the move. Kajabi Basic Plan