A myriad of learning management systems (LMS) platforms offer various important features you can use when creating content of high quality. While there may be plenty of sites that let you make use of advanced marketing tools to market classes to your target audience, some may not have most of these features. Although some sites provide simple-to-use course-building tools, there will also be few that may have an editing experience so complex that it turns off its users.
In the sea of e-course platforms There are a handful that offer not just a simple editing interface, but also a plethora of marketing and sales functions. Additionally they offer almost everything you’d ever want including 24/7 support and training tools to top-of-the-line analytics. All-in-one courses let you go beyond the limits of your abilities, and one of those that provide it is Kajabi.
At a Glance How do you define Kajabi? Kajabi Basic
Kajabi is an online platform that lets you create and sell your content to your student audience. It is marketed as a complete service and platform for edupreneurs, Kajabi offers edupren all aspects of their lives with the most efficient and necessary features that will not just build a professional-looking website for your courses , but also allow them to grow to higher levels. Kajabi has been critically acclaimed and regarded as one of the best online course platforms, gaining an overwhelmingly positive rating with a score of 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so popular and well-liked by its users? It’s true that there are numerous aspects that make this platform very convenient for everyone to use. Firstly, it’s the extreme ease of use. From the course creation to marketing, nearly all of Kajabi’s features have been designed so that they are easily accessible to those who are only beginning to get started in the e-course world. The majority of them are advanced, which gives instructors who administer the course an advantage over the rest. In addition this allows students like you run and develop courses without having to go elsewhere if anything else isn’t available. Kajabi offers all the tools anyone may need, living up its ‘one stop shop label.
What Can It Do? Do?
There are a variety of options that Kajabi allows you to create an all-in-one e-learning solution. We’ve put together a list in bullet points of the key characteristics that you might want to be aware of when you’re thinking about it. Simply put, Kajabi lets you:
- Create engaging and interactive courses with a wide array of customizing tools, media files, and templates you can select depending on your preferences;
- Create a professional website that can house your course contents and products, as well as your own blog to keep your students up-to-date on the latest developments;
- Effectively utilize the landing page, checkout pages and other ways to improve the profits you earn, extend your reach over the boundaries and boost conversion rates;
- Decide how you would like to invoice your courses and other services to your students – whether it’s one-time payments or a monthly subscription
- Design and build effective sales funnels without any difficulties by making use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Use its own marketing and analytics suite that includes email marketing as well as CRM and automation tools;
- Set up and manage your affiliate links, and
- Explore a wide variety of customer service, community and training materials, with the addition of the Kajabi University feature.
The Big Names Who Have Utilized Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted by more than 16,000 companies and famous personalities. It’s the choice of many of the most well-known people who come from different industries, such as online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is the home of thousands of courses that are used and explored by more than 35 million students from all over the world. At the time of the time this article was written, Kajabi has generated over $650 million in sales since it was founded in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing plans Kajabi provides are very different from other online course creation services in that they’re much more expensive. With monthly prices that start at as low as $119 it’s no wonder that this might be an issue for those who be interested in giving Kajabi a go. With the abundance of features that are included into every plan, the price is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start at the Basic plan, which costs $149 per month, or $119/month when billed annually. With this tier, you are able to design three products, garner a maximum of 1000 active users, as well as create websites that you are able to customize with tools fully provided by Kajabi’s platform. Included are unlimited landing websites, indefinite marketing e-mails as well as unlimited access to valuable resources, including one-on one customer support as well as Kajabi University.
In addition to The Basic Plan, there’s the Growth plan that happens to be the platform’s most popular offer with a monthly cost of $199 or $159/mo if paid annually, as well as the Pro plan for $399 per month or $319/month yearly and is packed with all the features you’d like when you are creating and selling your courses. Kajabi is currently not offering a free plan option. However, a 14-day no-cost trial is available on all three plans. A trial extension that runs up to 30 days is offered on select blogs. If you wish to test the waters and determine if Kajabi is the right choice for you, then the brief free trial is the best way to go.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros and Cons – What We Really Like About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s in-house marketing suite of tools, including email marketing and automation are specifically designed to be optimized for business, and you won’t need to integrate with third-party solutions for that!
- The software for sales funnels. Another of the platform’s best-selling points The Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of well-tested and accessible blueprint templates. No need to get too complicated!
- Unlimited customization. From creating professional-looking course websites all the way to the custom name, Kajabi lets you customize according to your own preferences – and even create your own brand from scratch.
- The user-friendly and simple site and course editors. Making content with the site and course builders hasn’t been so easy and swift, and it requires less effort and time to complete the task.
- Unlimited integrations. In addition to native integrations to the ten marketing, e-commerce and analytics tools, connecting to Zapier’s app allows you to look and select from more than a thousand non-native platforms to increase effectiveness.
- Building worthwhile relationships with fellow instructors and students. Kajabi’s community feature lets you interact with students in your classes. It also lets you network, connect, and celebrate with a multitude of teachers similar to you.
The Cons – What We Do Not Like
- The pricing plans are hefty. Kajabi’s three pricing plans are higher than the typical monthly prices that other providers offer. There’s not a free option either.
- No built-in tools to issue certificates. You might need to connect to a third-party certificate software if you want to create custom-made ones of different kinds.
- Not enough tools for student-instructor engagement. We aren’t happy with the absence of certain features, like proper discussion forums and the ability to randomly assign the assignments or quizzes. Kajabi Basic
An Overview of the Kajabi Features
User-Friendliness and Experience
One thing that we like about Kajabi is the surprisingly easy user experience. One of the reasons is that the platform’s user interface (UI) is structured. If you check the screen menu, you’ll notice that all features are organized into five main sections: Website Products, Sales, Marketing, and People. The design of the menu does not allow for obstruction, since some of the elements that are associated with a specified section are collapsible. The UI design is very consistent and reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-one” trademark. You can build an online landing page, change your course, and even interact with your fellow instructors on one site.
It has a search assistant tool that is useful anytime you’re looking for something that is difficult to locate. The Kajabi Assistant is located at the top of the dashboard in the shape that of a bar for searching and allows you to search for specific tools and products within the website by typing in the keywords. As previously mentioned that both the Kajabi courses and site builder sections can be dragged and dropped which makes the process easier without having to know how to navigate the site. Kajabi is a more streamlined learning curve compared to several of its peers. It can also be used in other languages than English if you wish to share your content with broader audience.
Course Creation and Engagement
If you take a look at Kajabi’s courses creation function, you may be able to see a collection of templates for courses or products, or the way it calls them blueprints. Each of the blueprints for products varies in structure and type and is readily tailored to fit any instructor’s needs.
Included among the listed blueprints are Mini Courses, Online Courses as well as Drip Courses. Mini Courses are quick-form courses that are usually created in order to increase brand value, while Online Courses are full-version types that have a complete structure of content that are designed to provide the “world-class” education experience. Drip courses, on the contrary, are classes that are scheduled over a set series of days or weeks. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s an efficient method of sharing your content if you as well as your students are occupied working on other projects.
Kajabi may be known by many as a renowned premium course maker. However, in addition to the courses, the blueprints allow you to create a membership space where your customers can enjoy exclusive content as well as a coaching session for 12 weeks. There’s also a blank template that allows you to create your own course or product completely from scratch!
Categories, Posts, and Content Uploads
When you look into the course builder, you’ll see an outline of sections and lessons that were automatically added when you select any of the course blueprints. In Kajabi’s instance, these parts and the lessons referred to as categories and posts, or. The posts are where you can insert different types of content, including text, video images, and text, while the categories function as folders where the posts are kept.
You may also incorporate subcategories of posts within the same category, if you wish to arrange your content in a flexible way. You can alter the outline by dragging it around. Kajabi accepts a wide variety of text and media files to be added to your posts, such as MOV and MP4 files, MP3 and WAV files, PDFs as well as Word documents. Upload all of them directly from your computer folders or file-sharing cloud platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can also copy and paste existing URLs of your video to your posts!
Like several other platforms for creating courses, Kajabi allows you to use the bulk upload feature. Similar to the name it allows you to upload all your files to your course in one page. This one is handy, especially if you’re busy performing other tasks.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi has a variety of over 10 themes for course players. Contrary to other LMS platforms, where you’re allowed to select only one of three theme options, Kajabi lets you have the choice of selecting several themes to suit different products. Similar to the course outline creator, it’s simple to modify any theme to suit your personal style. You can also incorporate elements that represent your brand, such as the logo, images, and font designs into the course player to add a an individual touch. Kajabi Basic
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi offers a quiz feature called Assessments where you get to create quizzes and assignments and then add them to the course of your curriculum. Assessments are an effective way to assess the extent to which your students gained from the lessons you’ve provided them. With the assessment option, you are able to choose from three different types of questions: multiple-choice multiple-selection, and paragraph-style. You can even set an acceptable score to encourage your students to be more engaged with your material more.
Apart from that in addition, the LMS site has also made progress in creating spaces for teachers and students to interact. Through the Community feature, students have access to comment and interact with all of your courses on their dashboards. You can also write your blog posts to discuss with your fellow students about your previous lessons and also your future content. The community feature can be accessed either as a stand-alone item or as a an element of membership space.
Website Design and Customization
Why should you upload your course materials with your domain name as well as WordPress web site when Kajabi offers the platform and the tools to create one within the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting for all 3 pricing options. What’s awesome about it is you’re guaranteed instant safety and security with an automated SSL certification as well as an experienced team of experts to maintain your website.
You also have the option to personalize your domain as well as pick from a wide array of professional, one-of-a-kind themes, which you can personalize to your liking! The possibilities don’t end there: If you’re an expert edupreneur and have signed up to the Growth plan or higher, you get to use custom-designed themes that are built to meet your ever-growing needs, plus remove any Kajabi logos and substitute that with your personal brand!
Just like the course builder that we’ve discussed previously, Kajabi’s page builders lets you modify any of the given themes for websites using a set of user-friendly and intuitive editing tools. Upon further exploration, you will be greeted with sets of blocks that can be customized and sections. They’re essentially like post categories, and categories from when we’ve talked about the course builder. Blocks are the elements that compose the site’s content which includes text, media files, and clickable buttons. Sections, on the other hand, are formed by multiple neatly-arranged blocks.
There are more than 40 pre-designed section templates you can choose from the dashboard of the page builder. We’re all hooked to our phones and tiny tablets these days it is logical for Kajabi to have your website automatically adjust to a mobile-friendly layout. It’s even possible to go the extra mile by choosing the element of your site you would like for your member learners to see. With all the necessary tools to create your website however you want it to appear Kajabi’s page builders are not only super flexible but also fast to use.
Blogging and Other Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not provide this feature, however Kajabi lets you create an area on your site that is dedicated to your blog, where you can publish comments and updates about your course’s content. If you’re looking to make the most of your Kajabi-made site this service offers you an area where you can do so without limits. It is possible to begin with posting blog content by making one using an editor for text. It is possible to incorporate SEO elements if you wish to expand your reach, group your posts into various categories, and even alter the way you want your entire blog section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging capabilities might not be on with WordPress or Blogspot, but it has enough tools to be manageable. Additionally, you can also create podcasts that you can promote on your site. You can upload the recordings of your podcasts to be hosted on the site and distributed to major podcast listening platforms such as the Apple Podcasts platform and Spotify. When you upload a podcast episode you can choose between two choices: publish it as a public podcast free of charge or create an exclusive private podcast which only your subscribers are able to access. Kajabi Basic
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
One of the reasons that make Kajabi so popular with edupreneurs is its array of sales and marketing tools that are highly convenient and simple enough even for those who aren’t marketing experts to make use of!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A major draw for the masses, Kajabi’s built-in e-mail marketing function allows you to send emails about your course and websites to your members who are subscribed students while seated on the platform. However, you might be amazed by the fact that it goes beyond just send e-mails. With the aid with Kajabi Automations, you get to build automated sequences of emails that are triggered by different kinds of user actions. For example, when a student successfully logs into one of your courses following checking out, a welcome message will be sent automatically into their email inbox. If the course performs poorly then an upsell message is delivered to offer suggestions for improvement Kajabi Basic
You can send as many e-mails to your campaign as you want and schedule each one according to your preferences. You can also choose which of your members gets the messages. E-mail management has never been so complete and easy to manage. Unlike other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with e-mail marketing tools that will not require the integration with third-party platforms to make things work.
Apart from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing feature which allows you to designate certain members of yours as affiliates who can help in promoting your site on behalf of your company. Apart from paying them a commission it is also possible to track their performance to determine how they can contribute to increasing your conversion rates and click rates. Kajabi Basic
Another of Kajabi’s top features are the Pipeline Builder, where you get to create specialized marketing funnels with no overcomplicating problems. While other platforms offer similar features that require much more time and effort, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even beginners can make better use of it. This feature is stunning and lets you choose from a set of pre-made funnel templates or pipeline blueprints. This includes:
- Freebies are great for when you’d like to offer the freebie to lead magnet to increase your email list
- Sales Page OVO – for any time you wish to convince your target public to buy your product by utilizing a sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use whenever you’re launching a course or another product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – for any time you wish to promote your products through web training seminars
- Free Book OVO is a great resource for whenever you want to market your content the free digital book that you can download
- Coaching Campaign OVO – for when you’re trying to promote your courses through an array of coaching sessions
- Blank blueprint – for whenever you’d like to construct your sales funnel from the beginning
After you pick one of the blueprints for a pipeline Kajabi instantly creates a set of pages and e-mails you will have to put together to make an effective sales funnel. You can customize how you would like your sales funnel to appear to your target audience. You may even change the theme of your landing and checkout pages, for example changing the design to a different theme – there is a library filled with 40+ templates for landing pages that you can pick from.
Optional Payment Options and Price
Kajabi lets you integrate seamlessly with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal to ensure that your students can get to choose between the two to pay for your course. Stripe is the common payment method that accepts debit and credit card transactions as well as various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal however, on the contrary on the other hand, is an option for subscriptions as well as multi-payment plans. There are no pressing fees for transactions on the part of Kajabi since all the money you earn are instantly transferred to your bank account.
In terms of the pricing, Kajabi offers an array of options for you of pricing options. You can cost your pupils for the products at various dates (one-time subscription, one-time, or several payments) or hand them out to them for free. You also have the option to select if you’re going to charge a specific amount for one item or for a variety of items, and specify specific dates your customers can access within a certain time frame. Additionally, you can create coupons to encourage your customers to purchase any of your offers. Kajabi Basic
Integration with Third-Party Services
Kajabi may have a plethora of built-in tools to create and market your courses, but you also have the option to connect to other third-party applications for more functions. The platform is currently able to support ten native integrations, including the popular analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier can be extremely helpful as it helps establish connections with hundreds of other tools and third-party apps including e-commerce and user experience.
Training and Support for Customers
In terms of customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over its competitors because it’s one of the few platforms for creating courses which provide 24/7 live chat support. Unlike some similar services that offer customer support, Kajabi’s team is always ready to assist you when you’re having difficulties in creating a course or page among other important issues, anytime and anywhere. It’s crucial to note that this 24 hour service is only available to instructors who subscribe to the Growth plan up to for basic users, live chat support is scheduled for certain times and days during the day. However, Kajabi’s method of customer support has been highly praised by many who use it to develop useful courses. Kajabi Basic
As for training tools, Kajabi offers the user a range of access to use resources to master and become familiar with. Kajabi Hero University Kajabi Hero University is packed with courses, tutorials and educational content specifically designed for educators and edupreneurs who want to get started or increase their standing in the field of course development. You’re also invited to weekly Q&A-style educational webinars featuring top experts from various fields as guests, plus when you’re looking for other advice and tricks the help desk is always there to guide you in the right direction. In addition to Kajabi’s Hero University, there is Kajabi’s Hero Rewards program where course creators can earn tons of sweet perks as they meet their objectives.
What Else is Missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi may be a great all-in-one tool to design and market your course content However, we need to look at a few crucial aspects that are missing. A majority of them could have been extremely helpful in improving the experience. Below are the items we’d like to see included in Kajabi’s system soon:
- Built-in tools for issuance of certificates and other credentials. While some provide this service, instructors who use Kajabi often will still require a connection to third-party software which specialize in issuance of certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we may appreciate the system’s handling of assessment within courses, we’d like for the absence of different types of questions – plus randomization of said types – to be addressed soonest.
- Other payment options. As of this writing there are only two options for transactions: Stripe or PayPal will be accepted. Not only that, we don’t understand why there are limits too.
- An API key that is public. This would have been useful for custom integrations, for example, the ability to let your subscribers log in with the single sign-in option with other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi might have the most of the features an Edupreneur could dream of. But with the steep price plan and a certain lack in terms of functionality, the site could cause some to be turned off. If you’re seeking alternatives that have commonalities to Kajabi regarding performance and reliability, we’ve listed some worthy competitors you might want to consider in your decision. Kajabi Basic
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in one services that are similar to Kajabi. The only major distinction is in the cost – starting at only $67/month You can design unlimited courses and sell to your audience of choice without worrying about the cost!
- Podia isn’t just claiming to be creator-friendly. It’s also very easy to use, and much more user-friendly than even Kajabi! While you get to make use of marketing features, it’s much lighter than the other. However, when you consider the budget-friendly price we can see how Podia is a great choice for those who want to start their own business.
- While Kajabi lacks credentials and more advanced features for quizzes, Thinkific makes up for these features. With its affordable price, it sure does offer higher-end features than the other has as well as live-taught courses as well as an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is like Thinkific in the manner it operates. However, we must appreciate how Teachable is able to incorporate additional payment options since it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay, two gateway services Kajabi doesn’t have. It also lets you utilize one-on-one training and other key features.
In the end, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park by having nearly all the tools that most entrepreneurs use. It does provide the essentials anyone must need including the intuitive features needed to create a professional-looking web pages to the fantastic integrated marketing suite that includes the ability to understand diagrams of sales funnels as well as efficient e-mail marketing tools.
There are a few instruments that aren’t there for example, the issue of certificates, in particular. Plus with a steep price tag, it may not be the best choice for the budget-conscious. However, we understand that while Kajabi is very well as an all-in-one solution for course creation however, it’ll always have limitations. That doesn’t stop it, however, from becoming a popular choice among established creators and businesses!
If you’re still looking for an LMS that gives you all you require in one place, Kajabi is something you ought to seriously think about.
FAQ Kajabi Basic
What is the meaning of Kajabi mean?
The term “Kajabi” is derived from a word with Islamic as well as Arabic origin which means “to take flight.”
Can I sell physical goods on Kajabi?
Yes! Aside from the usual programs, you can sell physical products on Kajabi. It is possible to join with Shopify to create a fully-functioning E-commerce store using Kajabi!
Regarding marketing via e-mail is it possible Kajabi can take over MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already includes the tools for marketing via email built into the platform, it’s logical that it’s enough to replace third-party applications such as MailChimp. If you do want to use the platform, Kajabi still allows you to integrate with it and other applications too.
Are you sure that Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has a mobile app to ensure that you and your subscribed members can access all your course content even when you’re traveling. Kajabi Basic