Hundreds of learning management system (LMS) platforms offer various essential features that you can utilize when creating content of high quality. Although there are plenty of sites that let you make use of modern marketing tools to advertise classes to your intended viewers, other platforms might not provide all those things. While some provide easy-to-use tools to build courses, there’ll also be some that offer editing features that are so complex that it turns its users off.
Among a sea of e-course platforms There are some that provide more than an easy editing interface, but also an array of sales and marketing functions. In addition to that they provide you with nearly everything you’d ever want including 24/7 support and training resources to top-notch analytics. All-in-one courses let you explore beyond your limits One of them that provide it is Kajabi.
In a nutshell Kajabi: What exactly is Kajabi? Kajabi Below The Belt
Kajabi is an online platform that lets you make and sell your courses to an student audience. It is marketed as a complete service and platform for edupreneurs, Kajabi offers edupren all aspects of their lives with the most efficient and essential features needed to not only create a professional site for your courses, but let them grow to higher levels. Kajabi has been praised by the media and is regarded as one of the most effective online learning platforms, with an overwhelmingly positive score from 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so well-liked and appreciated among its users? There are plenty of factors that make this platform extremely easy for anyone to utilize. First, it’s the ease of use. From course creation to the marketing services, nearly all of Kajabi’s aspects have been designed so that they are easily digestible even for those who are just getting started in the world of online courses. A majority of them are advanced, which gives instructors who administer the course the added edge over other instructors. Lastly, it lets budding entrepreneurs like you run and develop an online course without the need to look elsewhere if anything else is not available. Kajabi has all the available tools that anyone could require, living up its ‘one stop shop label.
What does it let you do? Do?
There are numerous ways that Kajabi lets you use as an all-in-one online course solution. We’ve put together a list in bullets, of its important features that you may want to be aware of if you’re considering it. Simply put, Kajabi lets you:
- Create engaging and interactive courses with a wide array of tools for customizing such as media files, templates that you can choose depending on your preferences;
- Create a visually appealing website to present your course content and products and blogs to keep your students informed about the latest developments;
- Make the most of websites, landing pages and checkout sites, and other ways to improve your earnings, expand your reach to the limit, and generate higher conversion rates.
- Decide how you would like to charge your courses and other services for your students, whether it’s a one-time payment or a monthly subscription
- Build effective sales funnels without any difficulties by making use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Make use of its internal marketing and analytics suite that includes email marketing as well as CRM and automated tools.
- Manage and create your affiliate links; and
- Explore a wide variety of community, customer service, and training resources and features, including Kajabi University.
The Big Names Who Have Utilized Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted by over 16,000 businesses and famous personalities. It’s the choice of many of the most well-known people who are part of different sectors, like online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard, fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is home to thousands on thousands of courses that are used and explored by more than 35 million students from all over the world. At the time of writing, Kajabi boasts more than $650 million of revenue since its inception in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing plans that Kajabi provides are very different from other online course creation tools in that they’re more expensive. With monthly rates that start as low as $119, it’s not surprising that it can be a hindrance for some who be interested in giving the service a shot. With the abundance of important features included in each plan, pricing is reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin at the Basic plan that costs $149 per month or $119/mo for billing annually. In this plan, you can create three products, garner an maximum of 1000 active users, as well as create websites that you are able to create with the tools offered by Kajabi’s platform. Included are unlimited landing websites, indefinite marketing e-mails, and unlimited access to valuable resources, including one-on one customer support and Kajabi University.
Apart from The Basic Plan, there’s the Growth plan that happens to be Kajabi’s most popular plan at $199 a month or $159/mo if paid annually, and the Pro plan for $399 per month or $319/mo yearly and is packed to the brim with every feature you could ask for when you are making and selling your courses. Kajabi does not currently offer an option to pay for the plan. But a 14-day free trial is available for each of the three plans. A longer trial of as long as 30 days also offered on select blogs. If you wish to try the service to determine if Kajabi is the right choice for you, the short trial period is the ideal way to go.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Like About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s in-house marketing suite of tools, including automated e-mail marketing, and automation are optimized for business, and you don’t have to connect with any other third-party service to do that!
- The software that creates sales funnels. Another one of the most popular features on the platform, the Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of tested and accessible blueprint templates. No need to be overly complicated!
- Customization without limits. From designing professional-looking course websites all the way to the custom website, Kajabi lets you customize to your heart’s content – and even build your brand from scratch.
- The user-friendly and simple site as well as course editor. Making content with the site and the course creator software was never so easy and swift, and it requires less time and effort to complete the task.
- Infinite integrations are endless. In addition to native integrations with ten e-commerce, marketing, and analytics services, connection to the app Zapier allows users to investigate and select from more than a thousand non-native platforms that can improve your efficiency.
- Establishing meaningful relationships with students and fellow instructors. Kajabi’s community feature lets you interact with students who are enrolled in your classes. You can also network, connect, and celebrate with tons of teachers similar to you.
The Cons – Things We Don’t Like
- The steep pricing plans. The three plans offered by Kajabi are greater than the typical monthly prices that other providers offer. There’s no free option available either.
- There is no built-in tool to issue certificates. You might need to connect to a third party certificate app if you plan to design custom-made certificates of various types.
- Not enough tools for student-instructor engagement. We don’t appreciate the lack of specific tools, such as appropriate discussion forums as well as the ability to randomize the assignments or quizzes. Kajabi Below The Belt
An Overview of the Kajabi Features
User-Friendliness and Experience
One thing that we like one thing we like about Kajabi is its surprisingly simple user experience. For one, most of the platform’s user interface (UI) is well-organized. If you look at the dashboard menu, you will notice that all features are organized into five main sections: Website, Products, Sales, Marketing and People. The menu’s design leaves no space for confusion, as certain elements that are associated with a specified section are collapsible. The UI layout is very consistent that reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-1” brand name. You can build an online landing page, change your course, and even communicate with your instructors on the same site.
The search assistant is a tool that is useful anytime you’re looking for something hard to find. The Kajabi Assistant is found at the top of the dashboard in the shape that of a bar for searching, and it lets you look for specific tools and products on the site by typing in the search terms. As mentioned previously that both the Kajabi courses and site builder sections can be moved and dropped, making the process simpler without the need to know how to navigate the site. Kajabi has a smoother learning curve compared to a couple of its contemporaries. It also supports multiple languages other that English in case you want to present your content to wider audiences.
Course Creation and Engagement
When you go through Kajabi’s course design feature, you will soon encounter a list of product or course templates or, as the platform calls it, blueprints. Each of the product blueprints is different in its structure and style and is readily tailored to fit any instructor’s needs.
Included among the listed blueprints are Mini Courses and Online Courses and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are quick-form courses that are usually created as a means of gaining the brand’s value, whereas Online Courses are full-version courses with a complete content structure that are designed to provide a “world-class” learning experience. Drip courses, on other hand, are programs that are scheduled over the course of a specified number of days or weeks. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s an easier method to distribute your content when you as well as your students are occupied with other things.
Kajabi may be known by many as a popular premium course-maker. Apart from kinds of courses offered, the blueprints let you make a membership site that allows your customers to access exclusive content as well as a coaching session lasting 12 weeks. You can also download a blank template which allows you to design your own course or product completely from the ground up!
Categories, Posts, and Content Uploads
If you continue to explore the course builder you’ll notice an outline of sections and lessons that were automatically added if you choose one of the blueprints for your course. In Kajabi’s instance, these sections and lessons are referred to as categories and posts, respectively. Posts are where you put in different kinds of content, such as text, video, and images, while the categories serve as folders in which the posts are stored.
You may also incorporate subcategories of posts under a category if you want to organize your content more flexiblely. You may also drag and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a variety of media and text files to be added to your posts. These include MOV and MP4 files WAV and MP3 files PDFs as well as Word documents. You can upload all of them directly from your computer folders or file-sharing cloud platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can even copy and paste existing URLs for your videos into your blog posts!
Like a few select platforms for creating courses, Kajabi allows you to make use of the bulk upload feature. As the name suggests, you can add all the files you have uploaded to your courses in one page. This can be useful, especially if you’re busy performing other tasks.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi offers a lineup of more than 10 themes for course players. In contrast to other LMS platforms where you’re only offered the choice of one or three themes, Kajabi lets you have the freedom to choose different themes for different products. Similar to the course outline maker, it’s simple to alter any theme to match your preferences. You can also incorporate elements that represent your brand including logos images, fonts, and designs , into your course player in order to give it a a personal touch. Kajabi Below The Belt
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi offers a quiz feature called Assessments where you get to design and create assignments and quizzes and add them as part of your course. Assessments are an effective way to assess whether your students have learned something from the course you’ve taught them. With the assessments feature, you can choose from three different types of questions: multiple-choice paragraph-style, and multiple-selection. You can even set an acceptable score to encourage your students to be more engaged with your content more.
In addition in addition, it is also important to note that the LMS site has also been able to make strides in creating areas for teachers and students to connect. With the Community feature, students have access to interact and comment on any of your courses through their dashboards. You can also write your blog posts to discuss with other students your lessons from the past as well as your future content. The community feature can be accessed either as a stand-alone item or as a part of your membership area.
Website Design and Customizability
Why would you want to publish your course content with your domain name or WordPress site when Kajabi has the platform and the tools to create one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting on the 3 pricing options. What’s great about this is you’re guaranteed immediate security and safety with an automatic SSL certification, as well as an experienced team of experts to maintain your site.
You also have the option to customize your domain, as well as choose from a range of premium, unique themes that you can modify to your liking! The possibilities don’t end there: If you’re an expert in edupreneurship and are a member of the Growth plan and higher, you get to import custom-made themes built to fit your ever-expanding needs and also remove all Kajabi brand names and then replace that with your custom-designed theme!
Just like the course builder that we’ve discussed earlier, Kajabi’s page builder allows you to alter any of the themes on the website using a variety of user-friendly and intuitive editing tools. Upon further exploration, you will be greeted with customizable sets of blocks and sections. They’re basically like the categories and posts we discussed when we’ve talked about our course building tool. Blocks are the elements that compose the content of the website which includes media files, text as well as clickable button. Sections are, however are formed by a variety of carefully-arranged blocks.
There are more than 40 pre-designed section templates can be picked from the dashboard of the page builder. As we’re all glued to our smartphones and small tablets it is logical for Kajabi to make your website automatically adjust to mobile layout. You can even go the extra mile by choosing which site element you wish for your member learners to see. With all the necessary tools to make your site look how you would like it to look, Kajabi’s page builder is not just extremely flexible, but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Useful Website Features
Other LMS platforms might not offer this feature, but Kajabi allows you to make a section of your website specifically for your blog. There, you can share updates and thoughts on your course content. If you’re looking to get the most out of your Kajabi-made site this service offers you the opportunity to do so without limits. It is possible to begin with your blog posts by making one using the text editor. You can include SEO elements if you wish to expand your reach or group your posts into various categories or even change the way you would like your blog’s entire section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging tools may not be as on with WordPress or Blogspot, but it has enough tools to be manageable. You can also create podcasts that you can promote on your website. You can upload the recordings of your podcast to be hosted on the site and then distributed to major podcasting platforms like Apple Podcasts and Spotify. When you upload an episode of your podcast there are two choices: publish the podcast as a public one for free or make an exclusive private version that only your members have access to. Kajabi Below The Belt
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
One of the reasons that make Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is its array of marketing and sales tools that are extremely easy and straightforward even for those who aren’t marketing experts to utilize!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A big draw among the masses, Kajabi’s built-in e-mail marketing function allows you to send e-mails about your course and websites to your members who are subscribed students while seated on the platform. However, you might be amazed that it does more than just send e-mails. With the aid with Kajabi Automations, you get to automate sequences of e-mails that are triggered by various user actions. For example, when your student successfully logs into one of your courses following checking out, a welcome message will be sent automatically into their email inbox. If another course is not performing then an upsell message is sent to suggest improvement Kajabi Below The Belt
You are able to create as many e-mails to your campaign as you wish and schedule each of them according to your preferences. You can also choose which of your members gets to receive these messages. E-mail management has never been this comprehensive yet easy to handle. In contrast to other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with tools for marketing e-mails that you will not require integrating with other third-party platforms to make things work.
Apart from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing feature which allows you to designate certain members of your group as affiliates to help promote your content on behalf of you. In addition to paying them the commission rate and monitoring their performance to gauge how they can contribute to increasing your conversion rates and click rates. Kajabi Below The Belt
Another one of Kajabi’s overall top features are one of the best features is Pipeline Builder, where you get to create specialized marketing funnels with no overcomplicating problems. While other platforms offer similar features that require more effort and time, this Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even the uninitiated can benefit from it. This feature is stunning and lets you select from a set of pre-made funnel blueprints or templates for pipelines. These include the following:
- Freebies are great for when you want to offer an offer as a lead magnet to increase your database.
- Sales Page OVO – to use whenever you want to convince your intended customers to purchase your product through an online sales page
- Product Launch OVO is a great option for whenever you’re launching a course or any other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – for any time you wish to promote your business through web-based workshops
- Free Book OVO is a great resource for any time you wish to market your content an online book for free download.
- Coaching Campaign OVO is for whenever you’re promoting your courses by means of an array of coaching sessions
- Blank blueprint – for whenever you’d like to construct an effective sales funnel right from beginning
After you pick one of the pipeline blueprints Kajabi will automatically generate pages and emails you’ll have to put together to make an effective sales funnel. You may customize however you want your pipeline to appear to your audience. You can even alter the look of your checkout and landing pages, for instance, to a different one There is a library full of 40+ pages templates you can select from.
Optional Payment Options and Price
Kajabi lets you seamlessly integrate with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal so that your member students can choose between the two to pay for your courses. Stripe is the most popular payment option that accepts credit and debit card transactions as well as certain e-wallet providers across the world. PayPal, on the other side, is an alternative for subscribers as well as multi-payment plans. There aren’t any urgent charges for transactions on Kajabi’s side, as all your earnings are instantly transferred to your bank account.
For pricing options, Kajabi offers customers a variety of pricing options of pricing options. You can charge your students for your products at different time frames (one-time or subscription and multiple payments) or distribute them at no cost. You also have the option to decide if you want to charge a specified price for a single product or multiple items, and establish specific dates for your members can access within a certain time frame. You can also create coupons to further motivate your audience to purchase any of your offers. Kajabi Below The Belt
Integrations to Third-Party Services
Kajabi is a host of built-in features to help you create and market your courses However, you can connect to other third-party applications for an added boost in functionality. Kajabi currently has 10 native integrations, which include the well-known analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier is extremely useful since it allows you to establish connections with hundreds of other third-party apps and tools including e-commerce and user experience.
Training and Customer Support Resources
In terms of customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over other platforms because it’s one of the only course creation platforms with live chat available 24/7 support. Unlike some similar services the Kajabi customer support team is always available to help you whenever you encounter difficulties creating an online course or website, in addition to other crucial issues, anytime and anywhere. It’s crucial to note that this 24/7 feature is available for instructors who subscribe to the Growth plan upwards – for Basic users Live Chat support can be scheduled for certain times and days of the week. The approach of Kajabi’s customer service has been praised by many of the instructors who use it to develop meaningful educational content. Kajabi Below The Belt
In terms of tools to train, Kajabi provides you a variety of ways to access resources that you can master and become familiar with. Its Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses, and informative content especially designed for educators and edupreneurs who want to get started or increase their position in the course creation world. There are also weekly Q&A-style educational webinars featuring prominent experts from various disciplines as guest speakers, and If you’re in search of additional tips and tricks the help desk will be there to help you in the right direction. Apart from Kajabi’s Hero University, there is also a Kajabi Hero Rewards program where course creators get rewarded with many sweet perks when they achieve their objectives.
What else is missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi may be a great all-in-one tool to design and market your course content However, we need to look at a few crucial aspects that are missing. A majority of them could be extremely useful to enhance the user experience. These are some of the things we’d like to see included in the Kajabi system shortly:
- Built-in tools that issue certificates and credentials. While some provide this service, instructors who use Kajabi frequently will require a connection to third-party applications that are specialized in the issue of certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we are pleased with the platform’s handling of assessments within the course, we would like for the lack of options for question types – plus randomization of said types that is addressed as soon as possible.
- Additional payment options. As of the moment only transactions made through Stripe or PayPal can be accepted. Not only that, we aren’t sure if there are certain limits as well.
- A public API key. This could have been helpful for creating custom integrations for example, the ability to let your subscribers log in with the single sign-in option in other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi might have the most of the features that an aspiring edupreneur could ever dream of. But with the steep price plan and a certain lack in terms of functionality, the site may cause some to be turned off. If you’re looking for alternatives that share similarity in comparison to Kajabi with regards to performance and reliability we’ve listed a few worthy alternatives that you might be considering in your decision. Kajabi Below The Belt
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in-one services that are similar to Kajabi. The only major distinction is in the cost that starts at $67/month You can design unlimited courses and advertise to your audience of choice without worrying about breaking the bank!
- Podia doesn’t just claim to be creator-friendly. It’s also very easy to use, much easier than even Kajabi! Although you can benefit from marketing features Podia is much less heavy than other. However, when you consider the budget-friendly price, we can imagine the way Podia is a great choice for individuals who are just starting out in the business.
- While Kajabi isn’t a reputable platform and lacks sophisticated quiz functions, Thinkific makes up for the shortcomings. With its affordable price, it sure does offer more industry-level functions than the other has as well as live lessons and a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in the way it works. But, we need to appreciate how the former can incorporate additional payment options as it supports Google Pay and Apple Pay which are two gateways Kajabi does not have. It also lets you utilize one-on-one coaching as well as other essential features.
All in all, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park for having nearly all the tools that most entrepreneurs use. It certainly has all the features you need to be able to create a professional-looking website , to the impressive built-in marketing suite with the ability to understand sales funnel blueprints and efficient email marketing tools.
There may be a few tools missing for example, the issue of certificates, in particular. Also, with its high cost, it might not be the right choice for the budget-conscious. We do recognize that while Kajabi is very well as an all-in-one solution for course creation however, it’ll always have limits. However, that doesn’t stop it however, from becoming an extremely popular choice for established business owners and creators!
If you’re still looking for an LMS that offers everything you need in one platform, Kajabi is something you should strongly look into.
FAQ Kajabi Below The Belt
What does the word Kajabi translate to?
The term “Kajabi” is derived from the word “Kajabi,” which is of Islamic or Arabic origin, which translates to “to take flight.”
Can I sell physical goods on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard classes, you can also sell physical products through Kajabi. It is possible to connect with Shopify to set up a fully functioning E-commerce store using the platform!
In terms of e-mail marketing is it possible Kajabi can be able to replace MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already comes with the tools for marketing via email built within the platform, it’s natural that it’s enough to replace third-party applications like MailChimp. However, if you do intend to make use of it, Kajabi still allows you to connect it with other apps as well.
Is Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi also has a mobile app so that you and your subscribers can access all your course materials even when in the move. Kajabi Below The Belt