A myriad of learning management systems (LMS) platforms come with many essential features that can be utilized when creating content of high quality. While there could be a lot of sites that let you utilize advanced marketing tools to advertise classes to your desired audience, others might not offer all of these features. And while some offer easy-to-use course-building tools, there will be a few that offer editing features that are that is so complicated it turns off its users.
Among a sea of e-course platforms, there are a few that provide more than the basic editing interface but also an array of marketing and sales functions. And on top of that they provide you with nearly all you can think of including 24/7 support and training materials to top-quality analytics. All-in-one platforms for courses allow you to discover the world beyond your boundaries One of them which can provide this is Kajabi.
A Quick Look What is Kajabi? Optimus Kajabi
Kajabi is an internet-based platform which allows you to create and sell your content to your student audience. The company is advertised as an all-in-one solution that provides entrepreneurs from all aspects of their lives with the most efficient and necessary features that will not just build a professional-looking site for your courses, but let them grow to higher levels. Kajabi has been praised by the media and considered to be one of the most effective online courses platforms, earning an overwhelming rating from 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so popular and well-liked among its users? It’s true that there are many factors that make this platform extremely easy for anyone to use. Firstly, it’s the extreme simplicity of usage. From course creation to marketing and sales, nearly all of Kajabi’s aspects are designed to be easily digestible even for those who are just getting started in the e-course world. Most of them are also advanced, which gives instructors who administer the course the added edge over others. Additionally it allows budding entrepreneurs like you to run and create an online course without the need to look elsewhere if anything else is not available. Kajabi offers all the tools that anyone could require, living up to its ‘one-stop shop label.
What Can It Do? Do?
There are many kinds of options that Kajabi allows you to create an all-in-one e-learning solution. We’ve compiled a list, in bullet points, of its important features that you may want to be aware of if you’re considering the option. In essence, Kajabi allows you:
- Create engaging and interactive courses using a variety of tools for customizing including media files, templates you can select depending on your preferences;
- Create a visually appealing website to house your course contents and products, as well as blogs to keep your students updated on what else is new;
- Effectively utilize landing pages, checkout pages, and other ways to improve your profits, further your reach to the limit and increase conversion rates;
- Select the method you want to bill your courses and other services for your students, whether it’s a one-time fee or a monthly subscription
- Create effective sales funnels with no any difficulties by making use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Use its own marketing and analytics suite with email marketing and CRM as well as automated tools.
- Create and manage your affiliate links; and
- Explore a variety of community, customer service and training materials, with the addition of the Kajabi University feature.
Big Names That Have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is used and trusted by more than 16,000 organizations and celebrities. Kajabi is the preferred choice of several well-known personalities that are from various sectors, like the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi hosts thousands upon thousands of courses, accessed and explored by over 35 million students from all over the world. At the time of writing, Kajabi boasts more than $650 million of sales since it was founded in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing plans Kajabi provides are different than other online course creation services in that they’re more costly. With monthly costs that begin at as low as $119 it’s no wonder why it can be a hindrance for some who might like to give the service a shot. With the abundance of important features included into every plan, the price is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin with the Basic plan that costs $149 per month or $119/mo when billed annually. With this tier, you can create three products, gain a maximum of 1 000 active clients, and design a website that you can create with the tools offered by Kajabi’s platform. Also included are unlimited landing pages, unlimited marketing e-mails and access to unlimited useful resources, such as one-on-one customer service and Kajabi University.
Apart from The Basic Plan, there’s the Growth plan which is the most sought-after plan on the platform at $199 a month or $159/month if you pay annually, as well as the Pro plan for $399 per month or $319/month annually and is packed with all the features you could ask for when you are designing and selling your course. Kajabi does not currently offer an option to pay for the plan. But a 14-day free trial is available on each of the three plans. A trial extension that runs as long as 30 days also available on selected blogs. If you’re looking to try the service to determine if Kajabi is the right fit for you, the limited free trial is the best option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Like About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s in-house marketing suite of tools, such as automated e-mail marketing, and automation are optimized for businessuse, and you won’t need to integrate with other third-party services to do this!
- The software for sales funnels. Another of the most popular features on the platform The Pipeline Builder. Pipeline Builder lets you make use of tested and understandable blueprint templates – no need to get too complicated!
- Unlimited customization. From the creation of professional-looking courses all the way to the custom domain, Kajabi lets you customize to your hearts content and even build your brand from scratch.
- The easy and intuitive website as well as course editor. Making content with the site and course builder software has never been so easy and quick, as it takes less effort and time to get everything done.
- Unlimited integrations. Aside from native integrations that integrate with ten e-commerce, marketing, and analytics tools, connecting to Zapier’s app lets you to look and select from more than one thousand non-native platforms for better effectiveness.
- Establishing meaningful relationships with fellow instructors and students. Kajabi’s Community feature lets you interact with students in your classes. You can also make connections, network and celebrate with tons of teachers who happen to be similar to you.
The Cons – What We Do Not Like
- The pricey pricing plans. Kajabi’s three pricing plans are more than the average monthly rates offered by other services. There’s no free plan available as well.
- There is no built-in tool to issue certificates. You may need connect to a third-party certificate application if you intend to make custom-designed certificates that are of different types.
- Not enough tools for student-instructor engagement. We aren’t happy with the absence of specific tools, such as appropriate discussion forums as well as the ability to randomly distribute the assignments or quizzes. Optimus Kajabi
An Overview of the Kajabi Features
Easy of Use and Experience
One thing we like about Kajabi is the surprisingly easy user experience. For one, most of the platform’s User Interface (UI) is well-organized. If you may notice on the dashboard menu, you will find that all the features are arranged into five main sections: Website Products, Sales Marketing, and People. The layout of the menu is clear and free of obstruction, since some of the elements that are associated with the specific section can be collapsed. The UI layout is very consistent and reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-one” brand name. You can create a landing page, modify your course, and communicate with your instructors on the same site.
There is a search assistant tool that is useful when you need to search for something difficult to find. The Kajabi Assistant can be found in the top of the dashboard in the shape as a “search bar, it allows you to search for tools and items within the site by typing in the keywords. Like we said the website builder and course builder sections are drag-and-drop, making the process simpler without needing to learn how to navigate it. Kajabi has a smoother learning curve than several of its peers. It also supports multiple languages other than English if you wish to expose your content to broader audience.
Course Design and Engagement
If you take a look at Kajabi’s courses creation function, you may be able to see a collection of templates for courses or products or, as the platform calls them, blueprints. Each of the blueprints for products differs in terms of structure and design and can be easily modified to suit the needs of instructors.
Included among the listed blueprints are Mini Courses as well as Online Courses as well as Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form , quick courses, which are typically designed as a way to build brand recognition, while online Courses are full-version types that have a complete structure of content that are designed to provide the “world-class” education experience. Drip courses on the contrary, are classes which are planned over a set series of weeks or days. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s an efficient method of sharing your content if you and your students are busy working on other projects.
Kajabi is known to many as a renowned premium course-maker. But, aside from the course types, the product blueprints allow you to create a membership space where your customers can enjoy exclusive content and a coach session lasting 12 weeks. There’s also a blank template that allows you to create a course or product from the ground up!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
If you continue to explore the course builder you’ll see an outline of sections and lessons which have been automatically included when you select any of the course blueprints. In Kajabi’s case, those parts and the lessons referred to as groups and posts respectively. Posts are where you put in different kinds of content, like text, videos, and images, while the categories act as folders for the posts that are stored.
It is also possible to include subcategories of posts within one category in order to organize your content more flexiblely. You may also alter the outline by dragging it around. Kajabi accepts a broad range of text and media files to be added to your posts, including MP4 and MOV files, MP3 and WAV files, PDFs, and even Word documents. Upload all of them directly from your computer folders or file-sharing cloud platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can duplicate and paste URLs of your videos to your blog posts!
Like several other course-making platforms, Kajabi allows you to utilize the feature of bulk uploads. As the name suggests, you can add all your files to your course in one page. This is a great option, especially if you’re busy doing other important stuff.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi offers a lineup of over 10 themes for course players. Contrary to other LMS platforms that only allow you to be given the option to choose only one of three theme options, Kajabi lets you have the choice of selecting several themes to suit various products. Like the outline creator, it’s easy to customize any of the themes to fit your style. You can also incorporate elements of your brand like your logo images, fonts, and design into your course player to cultivate an individual touch. Optimus Kajabi
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi offers a quiz feature called Assessments where you get to make quizzes and assignments and include them as part of your course. Assessments are a helpful way to assess if your students learned something from the course you’ve taught them. With the assessments feature, you can choose from three different types of questions: multiple-choice multi-selection, or paragraph-style. You can also set an acceptable score to encourage your students in engaging with your material more.
In addition aside from that, it is also important to note that the LMS website also has made progress in providing spaces for students and teachers to connect. Through the Community feature your learners are given access to comment and interact with any of your courses via their dashboards. You can even write in your blog posts for discussion with the rest of them your lessons from the past and also your future content. The community feature can be accessed either as a standalone item or as a an element of membership.
Website Design and Customizability
Why share your course contents with your domain name or WordPress site when Kajabi offers the platform and the tools to build one on the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting on the three plans of pricing. The best part is that you’re assured of instant security and security through an automatic SSL certification and a team to help maintain your site.
You also have the option to customize your domain, as well as pick from a range of professional, one-of-a-kind themes that you can personalize to your hearts content! It doesn’t stop there: If you’re an expert edupreneur and signed to the Growth plan and higher you are able to import custom-made themes built to meet the ever-changing needs of your business and also remove all Kajabi logos and substitute that with your own!
Just like the course builders we’ve talked about earlier, Kajabi’s page builder allows you to alter any of the available themes for websites using a set of user-friendly and intuitive editing tools. Upon further exploration you’ll be presented with a variety of customizable blocks and sections. They’re essentially like the categories and posts we discussed when we’ve talked about the course builder. Blocks are the elements that make up the site’s content, such as media files, text or clickable icons. Sections on the other hand, are formed by multiple carefully-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 pre-designed section templates you can pick from the dashboard of the page builder. Since we’re all connected to our phones and tiny tablets these days, it makes total sense for Kajabi to let your site automatically adapt to a mobile-friendly layout. You can even go the extra mile by picking the elements of your website you want members to see. With all the tools you need to make your site look how you would like it to look Kajabi’s page builders are not only super flexible but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not have this feature, however Kajabi allows you to make an area on your site that is dedicated to your blog, where you can share information and comments on the content of your course. If you’re looking to make the most of your Kajabi-created website it provides the opportunity to do so without limits. It is possible to begin with the blog post by making one with the text editor. You may include SEO elements if you’d like to reach a larger audience and organize your blog posts into different categories, and even alter the way you want your entire blog section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging features may not be as up to with WordPress or Blogspot, but it has enough tools to make it manageable. Additionally, you can also create podcasts that you could promote on your site. You may upload recordings of your podcast that will be hosted on your website and then distributed to major podcast listening platforms such as iTunes Podcasts as well as Spotify. When you upload a podcast episode you can choose between two options: release it as a public podcast free of charge or create an exclusive private version that only your users have access to. Optimus Kajabi
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
Part of what makes Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is its array of marketing and sales tools that are supremely easy and straightforward even for those who aren’t marketing experts to use!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A big draw among the crowd, Kajabi’s built in E-mail marketing functions allow you to send e-mails that are related to your course or website to your subscribed member students within the comforts of the platform. You might be surprised that it does more than sending e-mails. With the aid from Kajabi Automations, you get to automate sequences of e-mails that are triggered by various user actions. For instance, if your student successfully logs into one of your classes after checking out, a welcome message will be automatically sent to their inbox. If the course performs poorly the course, an upsell will be sent to suggest an improvement Optimus Kajabi
You can send as many emails to the campaign you wish and then schedule them in accordance with your preferences. You can choose which members of your group are eligible to receive those messages. E-mail management has never been so comprehensive yet easy to handle. Unlike other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with marketing tools for e-mails. You wouldn’t have to worry about integrating with other third-party platforms in order to make it work.
Aside from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing function which allows you to designate some of your members as affiliates to help promote your content on behalf of you. Apart from paying them a commission and monitoring their performance to gauge how well they contribute to increasing your conversion and click rates. Optimus Kajabi
Another of Kajabi’s notable features are its Pipeline Builder, where you can create custom marketing funnels with no overcomplicating problems. While other platforms have similar features, which require more time and effort, this Pipeline Builder is designed to be so quick and easy that even those who aren’t experts are able to make the most of it. This stunning feature lets you select from a collection of pre-made funnel blueprints or templates for pipelines. This includes:
- Freebies – to be used whenever you’d like to offer a freebie as a lead magnet to grow your email list
- Sales Page OVO – to use whenever you want to persuade your customers to purchase your product through a sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use whenever you’re launching a course or other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – to use whenever you want to promote your product via web seminars
- Free Book OVO – for any time you wish to market your content a free downloadable digital book
- Coaching Campaign OVO is for any time you’re promoting your courses by means of an array of coaching sessions
- Blank plan – to use whenever you want to build the sales funnel you want from ground
When you choose from one of the blueprints for a pipeline, Kajabi automatically creates pages and emails you’ll require to create an efficient sales funnel. You may customize however you wish your funnel to appear to your target audience. You could even alter the design of your checkout and landing pages, for instance, to a different one The library is with more than 40 templates for landing pages that you can select from.
Optional Payment Options and Price
Kajabi lets you seamlessly integrate with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal so that your students are able to select between them when they pay for your course. Stripe is the common payment option that allows debit and credit card transactions as well as select e-wallet providers all over the world. PayPal, on the other side, is an alternative for subscribers and multi-payment plans. There are no pressing charges for transactions on Kajabi’s side since all the money you earn will be immediately transferred into your account at the banks.
When it comes to price options for Kajabi, it provides you a wide range of options to select from. You can choose to charge your students for your services at different time frames (one-time subscription, one-time, or multi-payments) or hand them out to them for free. You can also choose to select if you’re going to charge a set amount for one item or for a variety of products, and establish specific dates for your members can access within a certain time frame. You also get to generate coupons to further motivate your target audience to buy any of your offers. Optimus Kajabi
Integration with Third-Party Services
Kajabi has a variety of built-in tools to make and market your courses however, you also have the option of connecting to other third-party applications for an added boost in functionality. The platform is currently able to support the integration of ten natively-built integrations, such as the popular analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier can be extremely helpful since it allows you to establish connections to hundreds of third-party apps and tools from e-commerce to user experience.
Customer Support and Training Resources
In terms of customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over its competitors because it is one of the few platforms for creating courses that offer 24/7 live chat support. Contrary to similar services, Kajabi’s customer support team is always available to help you whenever you encounter difficulties creating an online course or website, in addition to other issues that are important, at any time and wherever. It’s crucial to note that this 24 hour support is available to instructors who are subscribed to the Growth plan up to for Basic users Live chat is available at certain times and times on weekdays. The approach of Kajabi’s customer service has been well-received by many of the instructors who use it to create relevant educational content. Optimus Kajabi
In terms of tools to train, Kajabi provides you a variety of ways to access resources that you can master and become familiar with. Its Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses, and informative content especially geared towards teachers and edupreneurs, to help them get started or increase their position in the field of course development. You’re also invited to weekly Q&A-style educational webinars featuring top experts from various areas as guests. Additionally If you’re in search of additional information and tips assistance, the help section is available to help you in the right direction. Apart from the platform’s Hero University, there is also a Kajabi Hero Rewards program, where course creators get rewarded with many sweet perks when they reach their objectives.
What else is missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi could be an excellent all-in-one tool to design and sell your course material However, we need to look at a few crucial aspects that are not being addressed. A majority of them could have been very useful to enhance the user experience. Below are the items we would like to see included in Kajabi’s system soon:
- Built-in tools that issue certificates and credentials. While some offer this feature instructors using Kajabi frequently will require connecting to third-party software that specialize in issuing certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we may appreciate the platform’s handling of assessments within courses, we wish for the lack of options for question types as well as randomization of these types that is addressed as soon as possible.
- Additional payment options. As of the moment there are only two options for transactions: Stripe as well as PayPal can be accepted. Not only that, but we don’t understand why there are certain limits as well.
- A public API key. This could have been helpful in making custom integrations, such as the ability to let your subscribers log in with the single sign-in option in other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi might have the most of the features any aspiring Edupreneur could dream of. But due to its high price plan, and the lack in terms of functionality, the site may cause some to be turned off. If you’re seeking alternatives that have similarity in comparison to Kajabi in terms of reliability and performance We’ve provided a list of worthy alternatives that you might think about when making your choice. Optimus Kajabi
- New Zenler is an online course platform that offers all-in-one services that are similar to Kajabi. The only difference is the price that starts at $67/month You are able to create unlimited courses and advertise your course to the right audience without ever having to worry about the cost!
- Podia does not just claim to be creator-friendly. It’s also extremely easy to use, much easier than even Kajabi! While you get to utilize marketing tools It’s a lot lighter than the other. With the extremely affordable price it’s easy to understand the ways Podia is a great choice for DIY entrepreneurs getting into the business.
- While Kajabi lacks credentials and more advanced features for quizzes, Thinkific makes up for these features. With its affordable price It certainly has greater features that Kajabi which includes live-taught courses as well as an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is similar to Thinkific in the manner it operates. But, we need to appreciate how the former can incorporate additional payment options, as it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay which are two gateways Kajabi does not have. It also lets you utilize one-on-one coaching as well as other essential features.
All in all, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park in terms of providing nearly all of the options that most entrepreneurs utilize. It sure does offer all the features you need, from intuitive functions needed to build a professional-looking website to the stellar integrated marketing suite that includes the addition of simple plans for sales funnels, as well as effective email marketing tools.
There are a few tools missing for example, the issue of certificates in particular. Also, with its high cost, it may not be the right option for those with a tight budget. But we do understand that, while Kajabi does well in being an all-in-one solution for course creation however, it’ll always have limits. However, that doesn’t stop it but it is a popular choice among established creators and businesses!
If you’re looking to find an LMS that offers everything you require on one platform, Kajabi is something you must seriously consider.
FAQ Optimus Kajabi
What is the meaning of Kajabi mean?
The word “Kajabi” is derived from the word “Kajabi,” which is of Islamic or Arabic origin that means “to take flight.”
Do I have the ability to sell physical items on Kajabi?
Yes! Aside from the usual programs, you can sell physical products through Kajabi. You can even integrate with Shopify to build a fully functional online store on Kajabi!
In terms of e-mail marketing Is it possible that Kajabi can be able to replace MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already includes the tools for marketing via email built into the platform, it’s logical that it’s adequate to replace third-party programs like MailChimp. However, if you do want to use this feature, Kajabi still allows you to integrate with it and other applications as well.
Are you sure that Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even offers a mobile app for you and the members who have subscribed have access to all courses even while traveling. Optimus Kajabi