A myriad of learning management systems (LMS) platforms come with a variety of essential features that you can utilize when you write content that is meaningful. While there could be a lot of sites that let you make use of modern marketing tools to promote the courses you offer to your desired audience, some might not provide all those things. And while some offer easy-to-use tools to build courses, there’ll be a few that provide editing options so complex that it turns off its users.
In the sea of e-course platforms, there are a few that offer not just the basic editing interface but also a plethora of sales and marketing functions. Additionally they also offer almost everything you’d ever want, from 24/7 help and training tools to top-of-the-line analytics. All-in-one course platforms let you discover the world beyond your boundaries and one of the platforms that offer it effortlessly is Kajabi.
At a Glance: What is Kajabi? Kajabi Beyond The Stars
Kajabi is an internet-based platform which lets you make and sell your course content to your customers. It is marketed as a complete service, Kajabi provides edupreneurs from all kinds of industries with the best and necessary features that will not just build a professional-looking website for your courses but let them grow to greater heights. Kajabi has been praised by the media and considered to be one of the top online course platforms, gaining an overwhelmingly positive score from 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-liked among its users? Well, there are quite many factors that make this platform very convenient for everyone to utilize. First, it’s the user-friendliness. From the course creation to marketing and sales almost all of Kajabi’s features are designed to be digestible even for those who are new in the world of e-learning. A majority of them are advanced, which gives instructors who administer the course an edge over others. In addition it allows budding entrepreneurs like you run and develop courses without the need to look elsewhere in case something is not available. Kajabi has all the available tools that anyone could require, living up its ‘one stop shop name.
What Can It Do? Do?
There are numerous ways that Kajabi lets you do as an all-in-one e-course solution. We’ve made a list in bullets of the key characteristics that you might want to keep an eye on when you’re thinking about using it. In simple terms, Kajabi allows you:
- Create interactive and engaging courses with a wide array of customizable tools such as media files, templates that you can pick according to your preference;
- Create a professional website that can house your course contents and other products along with your own blog to keep your students updated on what else is new;
- Effectively utilize websites, landing pages and checkout sites and other ways to improve your profits, further your reach to the limit, and generate higher conversion rates;
- Choose how you wish to charge your courses or other items to your students – whether it’s a one-time fee or a monthly subscription
- Build effective sales funnels without any problems through the use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Make use of its internal marketing and analytics software with e-mail marketing as well as CRM and automation tools.
- Set up and manage your affiliate links.
- Explore a variety of customer service, community and training tools, with the addition of the Kajabi University feature.
Famous Names that have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted and used by more than 16,000 organizations and famous personalities. It’s the go-to choice for several well-known personalities who come from different industries, such as the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi hosts thousands on thousands of courses accessed and explored by over 35 million students from all over the world. At the time of writing, Kajabi boasts more than $650 million of revenue since it was founded in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing plans Kajabi provides are different from other online course-making services in that they’re more expensive. With monthly costs that begin as low as $119, it’s no wonder why it can be a hindrance for some who be interested in giving the service a shot. But considering the huge amount of features that are included into every plan, the price is reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start with the Basic plan that costs $149 per month or $119/month for billing annually. This plan lets you can create three products, garner a maximum of 1000 active users, as well as make websites that you are able to customize with tools fully provided by Kajabi’s platform. Also included are unlimited landing webpages, unlimitted marketing e-mails, and unlimited access to helpful resources, including one-on-one customer service and Kajabi University.
Apart from the Basic plan, there is the Growth plan, which happens to be Kajabi’s most popular plan for $199 per month or $159/month if you pay annually. There is also the Pro plan at $399 monthly or $319/month annually and is packed with all the features you’d want when it comes to designing and selling your course. Kajabi currently does not offer any free plans. However, a 14-day trial is available. trial is available for all three plans. An extended trial that lasts for up to 30 days also offered on select blogs. If you’re looking to test the waters and determine if Kajabi is the right fit for you, the limited trial period is the ideal method to start.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Like About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s in-house marketing suite of tools, including automated e-mail marketing, and automation are designed to be optimized for business, and you don’t have to connect with third-party solutions for this!
- The software that creates sales funnels. Another one of the platform’s best-selling points The Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of well-tested and understandable blueprint templates – no need to overcomplicate yourself!
- The ability to customize without limitations. From the creation of professional-looking courses down to the custom domain, Kajabi lets you customize according to your own preferences – and even build your brand from scratch.
- The user-friendly and simple site as well as course editor. Making content using the website and course creator software was never this easy and quick, as it requires less effort and time to complete the task.
- Unlimited integrations. Apart from native integrations with 10 e-commerce, marketing and analytics tools, connecting to Zapier’s app allows you to look and select from more than one thousand non-native platforms that can improve your efficiency.
- Establishing meaningful relationships with students and fellow instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature lets you connect with students in your classes. It also lets you connect, network, and celebrate with a multitude of teachers who happen to be in the same shoes as you.
The Cons – What We Do Not Like
- The pricing plans are hefty. Kajabi’s three pricing plans are greater than the typical monthly prices offered by other services. There’s no free plan available as well.
- There are no built-in tools for issuance of certificates. You may need connect to a third-party certificate software if you want to design custom-made certificates of various types.
- There aren’t enough tools to facilitate student-instructor engagement. We’re not happy about the absence of specific features, including adequate discussion forums, as well as the ability to randomly assign the assignments or quizzes. Kajabi Beyond The Stars
A Review of Kajabi’s Features
Ease of Use and Experience
One thing that we like about Kajabi is the surprisingly easy user experience. First, the majority of the User Interface (UI) is structured. If you may notice on the dashboard menu, you may see that the functions are organized into five main sections – Website Products, Sales Marketing and People. The layout of the menu does not allow for clutter, as some features that are related to specific sections are able to be collapsed. The UI layout is very consistent and reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-one” brand name. You get to create an online landing page, change your course, and engage with other instructors through one website.
There is a search assistant tool that is useful when you need to search for something that may be difficult to locate. The Kajabi Assistant can be found in the top part of the dashboard, in the form of a search bar and it lets you look for tools and items within the site by typing in the search terms. Like we said, both Kajabi’s site builder and course builder sections are drag-and-drop and make the process much easier without the need to know how to navigate it. Kajabi is more user-friendly and has a less arduous learning curve than several of its peers. It can also be used in other languages that English if you wish to present your content to wider viewers.
Course Creation and Engagement
Once you explore Kajabi’s course creation function, you may quickly come across a variety of product or course templates or the way it calls it blueprints. Each of the product blueprints differs in terms of structure and design and can be easily modified to suit the needs of instructors.
The blueprints listed are Mini Courses, Online Courses and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are quick-form courses which are generally designed in order to increase the brand’s value, whereas Online Courses are full-version versions that have a complete structure of content that are designed to provide a “world-class” education experience. Drip courses, on the other hand, are courses that are scheduled for the course of a specified number of weeks or days. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s an efficient way to share your content when you or your students are busy with other things.
Kajabi is known to many as a popular premium course maker. However, in addition to the course types, the product blueprints also allow you to create a membership area for your members to enjoy exclusive content as well as a coaching session for 12 weeks. There’s also a blank template that allows you to create a course or product completely from the ground up!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
When you explore the course builder, you’ll notice an outline of sections and lessons that were automatically added if you choose any of the course blueprints. In Kajabi’s case, those sections and lessons are known as groups and posts or. The posts are where you put in different kinds of content, including text, video and images, whereas the categories serve as folders where the posts are kept.
It is also possible to include subcategories for posts in the same category, if you wish to arrange your content in a flexible way. You can alter the outline by dragging it around. Kajabi accepts a wide variety of text and media files to include in your posts. These include MP4 and MOV files, WAV and MP3 files, PDFs as well as Word documents. You can upload all of them directly from your computer folders or file-sharing cloud platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can even duplicate and paste URLs of your videos to your blog posts!
Like a few select course-making platforms, Kajabi allows you to make use of the bulk upload feature. Similar to the name that you can upload all the files you have uploaded to your courses on one tab. This one is handy, especially if you’re busy performing other tasks.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi has a variety of 10+ themes for course players. Unlike other LMS platforms, where you’re offered the choice of one or three themes, Kajabi lets you have the option of choosing several themes to suit different products. Similar to the course outline creator, it’s easy to customize any of the themes to fit your style. It is possible to incorporate specifics of your brand like your logo, images, and font designs , into the course player to add a your own personal style. Kajabi Beyond The Stars
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi includes a quiz function called Assessments that allows you to create quizzes and assignments and include them as part of your class. Assessments can be a great method of determining if your students learned something from the lessons you’ve provided them. With the assessments feature, you get to choose from three different types of questions: multiple-choice multiple-selection, and paragraph-style. You can even create an assessment score that will encourage your students to be more engaged with your content.
Apart from that aside from that, it is also important to note that the LMS website also has made strides in creating areas for teachers and students to connect. With the Community feature, your students are able to participate and leave comments on any of your courses via their dashboards. It is possible to write your blog posts to discuss with the rest of them your lessons from the past as well as your future content. The community feature can be accessed either as a standalone item or as a component of your member space.
Website Design and Customizability
Why share your course contents to your web domain or WordPress website when Kajabi provides the platform and tools you need to create one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting for three plans of pricing. What’s great about this is you’re assured of instant safety and security with the automatic SSL certification, as well as a team to help maintain your site.
You also have the option to personalize your domain and also pick from a wide array of unique, professional themes, all of which you can customize to your heart’s content! This doesn’t stop there. If you’re an expert edupreneur and have signed up to the Growth plan and higher you are able to download custom-designed themes designed to meet your ever-growing needs and also take away all Kajabi brand names and then replace it with your own!
Similar to the course builders we’ve talked about previously, Kajabi’s page builders allows you to alter any of the available themes on the website using a variety of user-friendly and intuitive editing tools. If you continue to explore you’ll be presented with customizable sets of blocks and sections. They’re similar to the categories and posts from when we discussed how to build courses. Blocks are referred to as the elements that compose the site’s content which includes media files, text or clickable icons. Sections on the other hand, are formed by multiple well-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 pre-designed sections templates that you can pick from the dashboard of the page builder. As we’re all glued to our smartphones and small tablets nowadays, it makes total sense for Kajabi to make your website automatically adjust to a mobile layout. It’s even possible to go the extra mile by picking the element of your site you would like for your members to see. With all the necessary tools to make your site look how you would like it to look, Kajabi’s page builder is not only super flexible but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Web-based Features
Other LMS platforms may not have this feature, but Kajabi lets you create sections of your website specifically for your blog. There, you can share information and comments about your course’s content. If you want to make the most out of your Kajabi-created website it provides an area where you can post your blog posts without limitations. Start by creating your blog posts by creating one with an editor for text. You may incorporate SEO elements if you’d like to reach a larger audience, group your posts into different categories, and even alter the way you want your entire blog section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging tools might not be on with WordPress or Blogspot however, it does have enough tools to make it manageable. You can also create podcasts that you can promote on your site. You can upload the recordings of your podcast to be hosted on your website and distributed to major podcast listening platforms such as iTunes Podcasts as well as Spotify. If you upload a podcast episode you can choose between two options: release it as a podcast that is public for free , or create an exclusive private one that only your members are able to access. Kajabi Beyond The Stars
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
Part of what makes Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is its array of marketing and sales tools that are highly easy and straightforward even for those who aren’t marketing experts to use!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A big draw among the masses, Kajabi’s built-in e-mail marketing function allows you to send emails that are related to your course or websites to your members who are subscribed students from the comfort of the platform. But you may be surprised by the fact that it goes beyond just send e-mails. With the aid from Kajabi Automations, you get to automate sequences of e-mails that are triggered by various user actions. For example, when your student logs in successfully to one of your courses following the checkout process, a welcome email will be automatically sent to their inbox. If the course performs poorly, an upsell is delivered to offer suggestions for improvement Kajabi Beyond The Stars
You can send as many e-mails to your campaigns as you wish and schedule each one in accordance with your preferences. You can even select which members of your group are eligible to receive these messages. Managing e-mails has never been more extensive and yet simple to manage. In contrast to other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with tools for marketing e-mails that you will not require the integration with third-party platforms in order to make it work.
In addition, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing function where you get to assign some of your members as affiliates who can help in promoting your site on behalf of your company. Alongside paying them the commission rate and monitoring their performance to see the extent to which they are contributing to increasing your conversion rates and click rates. Kajabi Beyond The Stars
Another of Kajabi’s top features are one of the best features is Pipeline Builder, where you get to create specialized marketing funnels that do not have any overly complicated problems. While other platforms provide similar features that require more time and effort and effort, this Pipeline Builder is designed to be so quick and easy that even beginners can benefit from it. This stunning feature lets you select from a variety of pre-designed funnel templates or pipeline blueprints. This includes:
- Freebie – for whenever you want to offer the freebie to lead magnet to build your list
- Sales Page OVO is a great option when you need to convince your target audience to buy your product through an online sales page
- Product Launch OVO is a great option for whenever you’re launching a course or any other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – for occasions when you need to advertise your products through web workshops
- Free Book OVO is a great resource for any time you wish to promote your content with a free downloadable digital book
- Coaching Campaign OVO is for whenever you’re promoting your classes through a series of coaching sessions
- Blank blueprint – for whenever you’d like to construct the sales funnel you want from starting
Once you select from any of the blueprints for a pipeline Kajabi will automatically generate pages and e-mails you will require to create an efficient sales funnel. You may customize however you would like your sales funnel to appear to your audience. You can even alter the look of your checkout and landing pages, for instance, to a different one The library is with more than 40 page templates that you can select from.
Optional Payment Options and Price
Kajabi lets you seamlessly integrate with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal so that your students can get to choose between them when they pay for your classes. Stripe is the most popular payment method that accepts debit and credit card transactions, as well as certain e-wallet providers across the world. PayPal is, on the other side, is an alternative for subscribers and multi-payment plans. There are no pressing fees for transactions on the part of Kajabi because all your earnings will be immediately transferred to your bank account.
When it comes to pricing options, Kajabi offers an array of options for you of pricing options. You can choose to cost your pupils for the services at different time frames (one-time, subscription, and multiple payments) or give them away for free. You even have the chance to select if you’re going to charge a specified price for a specific item or for a variety of products, as well as specify specific dates your members can access within a certain time frame. Additionally, you can create coupons that will further encourage your target audience to buy all of your products. Kajabi Beyond The Stars
Integrations with Third-Party Services
Kajabi has a variety of built-in tools to make and market your courses However, you can connect to third-party apps for an additional boost of functions. The platform is currently able to support ten native integrations, including the well-known analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier is extremely useful because it allows connections to hundreds of tools and third-party apps from e-commerce to user experience.
Training and Customer Support Resources
In terms of customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over other platforms because it is one of the few platforms for creating courses which provide 24/7 live chat support. Unlike some similar services, Kajabi’s customer support team is available to assist you when you’re struggling to create pages or courses, among other important issues, anytime and anywhere. However, it’s important to note that this 24/7 feature is available for instructors who subscribe to the Growth plan up to for Basic users live chat is available for certain times and times during the day. Nonetheless, Kajabi’s approach to customer support has been highly praised by many who use it to develop meaningful courses. Kajabi Beyond The Stars
In terms of tools to train, Kajabi provides the user a range of access to resources that you can master and then become proficient with. Its Kajabi Hero University is packed with courses, tutorials and informational content that are specifically designed for educators and edupreneurs, to help them get started or increase their position in the world of course design. You’re also invited to weekly Q&A-style educational webinars featuring prominent experts from various disciplines as guest speakers, and If you’re in search of additional advice and tricks, the help center is always there to guide you in the right direction. Apart from Kajabi’s Hero University, there is also a Kajabi Hero Rewards program in which course creators get rewarded with tons of sweet perks as they reach their goals.
What Else is Missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi might be a fantastic all-in-one platform to develop and promote your course content however, we must address a few vital things that are missing. A majority of them could be extremely useful to enhance the user experience. Below are the items we’d like to see added to Kajabi’s system in the near future:
- Built-in tools for issuance of certificates and certificates. While some provide this service instructors using Kajabi will often require a connection to third-party applications which specialize in issuance of certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we are pleased with the platform’s handling of assessments within the course, we would like for the absence of different types of questions as well as randomization of these types and their randomization to be resolved as quickly as possible.
- Additional payment options. At the time of writing, only transactions via Stripe as well as PayPal are accepted. In addition, we aren’t sure if there are certain limits as well.
- An API key that is public. This could be useful for creating custom integrations such as having your students who have subscribed to your service sign in using the single sign-in option in other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi might have the most of the features any aspiring Edupreneur could dream of. But due to its high price plan and a certain lack of features, it might make some people turn away. If you’re looking for alternatives that share similarity in comparison to Kajabi with regards to reliability and performance, we’ve listed some worthy competitors you might be considering in your decision. Kajabi Beyond The Stars
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in-one services that are similar to Kajabi. The only significant difference is the cost that starts at $67/month You are able to create unlimited courses and advertise to your audience of choice without ever having to worry about spending a dime!
- Podia isn’t just claiming to be creator-friendly. It’s also very easy to use, much easier than Kajabi! Although you can utilize marketing tools It’s a lot lighter than other. However, when you consider the budget-friendly price it’s easy to understand the way Podia can appeal to those who want to start their own business.
- While Kajabi isn’t a reputable platform and lacks advanced quiz features, Thinkific makes up for them. With its affordable price and a wide range of features, it certainly offers greater features that the other, and this includes live lessons and a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in the way it functions. However, we must appreciate how Teachable is able to incorporate additional payment options as it supports Google Pay and Apple Pay two gateways that Kajabi doesn’t have. Additionally, it allows one-on-one coaching and other core features.
Overall, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park in terms of having nearly all the options that most entrepreneurs utilize. It certainly has the essentials anyone must need, from intuitive functions needed to design a professional website , to the impressive built-in marketing suite with the inclusion of easy-to-understand diagrams of sales funnels as well as efficient email marketing tools.
There are a few tools missing for example, the issue of certificates specifically. Also, with its high cost, it might not be the right choice among the budget-conscious. However, we understand that even though Kajabi performs great as an all-in one solution for course creation but it’s not without limitations. However, that doesn’t stop it however, from being a favorite among experienced creators and businesses!
If you’re still searching to find an LMS that offers everything you require on one platform, Kajabi is something you ought to seriously consider.
FAQ Kajabi Beyond The Stars
What is the meaning of Kajabi translate to?
The word “Kajabi” originates from the word “Kajabi,” which is of Islamic (or Arabic origin that means “to take flight.”
Do I have the ability to sell physical items on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard programs, you can sell physical items on Kajabi. You can even integrate with Shopify to create a fully-functioning E-commerce store using Kajabi!
Regarding marketing via e-mail Is it possible that Kajabi could be able to be able to replace MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already includes E-mail marketing tools integrated within the platform, it’s natural that it’s adequate to replace third-party applications such as MailChimp. However, if you intend to make use of it, Kajabi still allows you to integrate it with other apps as well.
Is Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even offers a mobile app for you and your subscribed members have access to all courses even while on the go. Kajabi Beyond The Stars