Hundreds of learning management system (LMS) platforms come with a variety of crucial features that can be utilized when you write content that is meaningful. While there may be plenty of websites that allow you to utilize advanced marketing tools to advertise the courses you offer to your target audience, some might not provide all these features. While some provide easy-to-use tools to build courses, there’ll also be some that provide editing options so complicated that they turn off their users.
In the sea of e-course platforms, there are a few which offer more than just a simple editing interface, but also a plethora of sales and marketing functions. Additionally they also offer nearly all you can think of, from 24/7 help and training materials to top-quality analytics. All-in-one course platforms let you go beyond the limits of your abilities, and one of those that offer it effortlessly is Kajabi.
At a Glance What is Kajabi? Cheaper Alternatives To Kajabi
Kajabi is an online platform that lets you create and sell your courses to an student audience. The company is advertised as an all-in-one solution, Kajabi provides edupreneurs from all kinds of industries with the best and essential features needed to not only create a professional website for your courses , but help them rise to new heights. Kajabi has been praised by the media and considered to be one of the best online learning platforms, with an overwhelming rating of 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so well-liked and appreciated by its users? Well, there are quite numerous reasons that make the platform extremely convenient for all to utilize. It’s first and foremost the simplicity of usage. From course creation to the marketing services almost all of Kajabi’s features have been designed so that they are digestible even for those who are just getting started in the world of online courses. The majority of them are advanced, giving administrating instructors the added edge over others. Lastly, it lets budding entrepreneurs like you to run and create courses without having to go to another place if something else is missing. Kajabi provides all the equipment that one could need and is a true testament its ‘one stop shop’ moniker.
What does it let you do? Do?
There are numerous ways that Kajabi lets you do as an all-in-one e-course solution. We’ve compiled a list, in bullet points of the most important attributes that you ought to be aware of in the event you’re considering using it. In simple terms, Kajabi allows you:
- Create engaging and interactive courses with a wide array of tools for customizing including media files, templates that you can choose depending on your preferences;
- Build a presentable website to present your course content and products, as well as a blog where you can keep your students informed about what else is new;
- Make the most of the landing page, checkout pages, and other viable methods to boost your earnings, expand your reach beyond the limits and boost conversion rates;
- Select the method you want to bill your courses or other items to your students – whether it’s one-time payments or a subscription for a month;
- Build effective sales funnels without any problems through the use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Make use of its internal marketing and analytics suite with the ability to send out e-mails, CRM, and automated tools.
- Create and manage your affiliate links; and
- Explore a wide variety of customer service, community and training tools in conjunction with the Kajabi University feature.
The Big Names Who Have Utilized Kajabi
Kajabi is used and trusted by more than 16,000 companies and famous personalities. Kajabi is the preferred choice of several well-known personalities that are from various sectors, including online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard and fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is home to thousands of courses accessed and explored by over 35 million students from across the globe. As of this writing, Kajabi has generated over $650 million in sales since it was founded in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing plans Kajabi provides are different than other online course creation services in that they’re more expensive. With monthly rates that start at just $119, it’s no wonder why this can impede some people who would like to give the service a shot. With the abundance of essential features already packed into every plan, the price is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start by offering the Basic plan priced at $149 per month or $119/mo if billed annually. With this tier, you can create three products, gain up to 1,000 active customers, and make websites that you are able to modify using the tools provided by Kajabi’s platform. Also included are unlimited pages for landing webpages, unlimitted marketing e-mails as well as unlimited access to useful resources, such as one-on-one customer support and Kajabi University.
Apart from The Basic Plan, there is the Growth plan which is the platform’s most popular offer for $199 per month or $159/mo when paid annually. There is also the Pro plan, which costs $399 per month or $319/month yearly that is loaded to the brim with every feature you could ask for when creating and selling your courses. Kajabi currently does not offer a free plan option. However, a 14-day trial is available. trial is available for each of the three plans. An extended trial that lasts up to 30 days is available on selected blogs. If you’re looking to try the service and see if Kajabi’s the right choice for you, then the brief trial offer is the best option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Love About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s own marketing suite of tools, including e-mail marketing and automation, are specifically designed to be optimized for businessuse, and it isn’t necessary to integrate with any other third-party service to do this!
- The sales funnel software. Another of the most popular features on the platform, the Pipeline Builder. Pipeline Builder lets you make use of proven and easily understandable blueprint templates – no need to overcomplicate yourself!
- Unlimited customization. From designing professional-looking course websites up to the customized website, Kajabi lets you customize according to your own preferences – and even create your own brand from scratch.
- The user-friendly and simple site as well as course editor. Making content with the site and course builder software has never been so simple and fast, since it requires less time and effort to complete the task.
- Infinite integrations. In addition to native integrations with the ten marketing, e-commerce and analytics solutions, connecting to the app Zapier allows users to investigate and select among more than a thousand non-native platforms that can improve your efficiency.
- Establishing meaningful relationships with fellow instructors and students. Kajabi’s Community feature allows you to connect with students enrolled in your classes. You can also network, connect, and celebrate with tons of teachers who happen to be similar to you.
The Cons – What We Don’t Like
- The pricing plans are hefty. Kajabi’s three pricing plans are more than the average monthly rates offered by other services. There’s no free plan available either.
- There is no built-in tool to issue certificates. You might need to connect to a third party certificate application if you intend to make custom-designed certificates of various types.
- There aren’t enough tools to facilitate student-instructor engagement. We’re not happy about the absence of specific features, including appropriate discussion forums as well as the ability to randomly assign tests or assignments. Cheaper Alternatives To Kajabi
The Review of Kajabi’s features
User-Friendliness and Experience
One thing that we like about Kajabi is the surprisingly easy user experience. One of the reasons is that the users interface (UI) is well-organized. If you check the dashboard menu, you will notice that all features are divided into five major sections – Website Products, Sales Marketing and People. The menu’s design leaves no space for clutter, as some aspects that belong to a specified section are collapsible. The UI design is very consistent that reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-1” hallmark. You get to create an online landing page, change your course, and even communicate with your instructors through one website.
It has a search assistant tool that comes in handy whenever you want to look for something that is difficult to find. The Kajabi Assistant is located at the top part of the dashboard in the form of a search bar it allows you to search for tools and items on the website by typing in the words. As mentioned previously, both Kajabi’s website builder and course builder sections can be dragged and dropped, making the process simpler without the need to know how to navigate it. Kajabi is more user-friendly and has a less arduous learning curve than a couple of its contemporaries. It can also be used in other languages than English in case you want to expose your content to broader audience.
Course Design and Engagement
When you go through Kajabi’s course creation feature, you’ll be able to see a collection of templates for courses or products or the way it refers to them, blueprints. Each of the blueprints for products varies in structure and type and can be easily modified to fit any instructor’s needs.
Included among the listed blueprints are Mini Courses, Online Courses and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form , quick courses, which are typically designed in order to increase the brand’s value, whereas Online Courses are full-version courses with a complete content structure created to offer an “world-class” education experience. Drip courses, on the contrary, are classes which are planned over an established period of weeks or days. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s a much more convenient way to share your content when you as well as your students are occupied with other things.
Kajabi may be known by many as a renowned premium course-maker. Apart from course types, the product blueprints also allow you to create a membership space where your customers can enjoy exclusive content and a coaching session lasting 12 weeks. The template is also blank where you can create your own course or product completely from scratch!
Categories, Posts, and Content Uploads
When you explore the course builder, you will notice the outline of the sections and lessons that have been automatically added if you choose one of the blueprints for your course. In the case of Kajabi, these parts and the lessons known as post categories as well as category, respectively. Posts are where you can insert different kinds of content, like text, videos, and images, while the categories act as folders where the posts are kept.
You can also include subcategories of posts under a category if you want to organize your content more flexiblely. You can move and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a broad range of text and media files to be added to your posts, including MP4 and MOV files, MP3 and WAV files, PDFs and Word documents. You can upload all of them directly through your computer’s folders or through file-sharing cloud platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can also add existing URLs of your video to your blog posts!
Like several other course-making platforms, Kajabi allows you to make use of the feature of bulk uploads. As the name suggests it allows you to upload all the files you have uploaded to your courses in the same tab. This is a great option especially when you’re working on other things.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi provides a selection of 10+ themes for course players. Contrary to other LMS platforms that only allow you to be allowed to select the theme you want to use, Kajabi lets you have the freedom to choose several themes to suit various products. Similar to the course outline maker, it’s simple to modify any theme to suit your personal style. You can even incorporate details that represent your brand, such as the logo images, fonts, and designs , into your course player in order to give it a a personal touch. Cheaper Alternatives To Kajabi
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi has a quiz feature called Assessments where you get to create quizzes and assignments and then add them to the course of your curriculum. Assessments can be a great method of determining whether your students have learned something from the curriculum you’ve given them. With the assessments feature, you can choose from three different types of questions: multiple-choice paragraph-style, and multiple-selection. You can even set a passing score to motivate your students in engaging with your content.
Aside from that in addition, it is also important to note that the LMS website has made progress in providing spaces for teachers and students to interact. Through the Community feature, your students are able to interact and comment on any of your courses through their dashboards. It is possible to write your blog posts to discuss with the rest of them your lessons from the past and also your future content. The community feature is offered either as a stand-alone product or as part of your membership space.
Website Design and Customization
Why should you upload your course materials to your web domain as well as WordPress web site when Kajabi offers the platform and the tools to make one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting across three plans of pricing. What’s awesome about it is you’re guaranteed immediate safety and security with an automated SSL certification as well as an experienced team of experts to maintain your site.
You also have the option to customize your domain, as well as pick from a wide array of professional, one-of-a-kind themes, which you can customize to your liking! It doesn’t stop there: If you’re an expert edupreneur and signed to the Growth plan and above, you get to import custom-made themes built to meet the ever-changing needs of your business as well as remove the Kajabi branding and replace that with your custom-designed theme!
Just like the course builders we’ve talked about earlier, Kajabi’s page builder allows you to modify any of the themes on the website using a variety of easy-to-use and user-friendly editing tools. Upon further exploration you’ll be presented with sets of blocks that can be customized and sections. They’re basically like post categories, and categories that we’ve discussed when we’ve talked about our course building tool. Blocks are the components that comprise the site’s content which includes text, media files and clickable buttons. Sections are, however are made up of multiple neatly-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 pre-designed sections templates that you can choose from the dashboard of the page builder. Since we’re all connected to our phones and tiny tablets these days, it makes total sense to use Kajabi to make your website automatically adapt to a mobile layout. You can go an extra mile by picking the element of your site you would like for your member learners to see. With all the necessary tools to create your website as you wish it to appear, Kajabi’s page builder is not just incredibly flexible, but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Website Features
Other LMS platforms might not offer this feature, but Kajabi lets you create sections of your website dedicated to your blog where you can post comments and updates on your course content. If you’re looking to get the most out the Kajabi-made website, the service provides you an area where you can post your blog posts without limitations. You can get started with posting blog content by creating your own using an editor for text. You can incorporate SEO elements if you wish to reach a larger audience or group your posts into various categories, or even change the way you want your entire blog section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging features might not be on par as WordPress or Blogspot, but it has enough tools to be manageable. In addition, you can create podcasts to promote on your site. You can upload audio recordings of your podcast to be hosted on your website and distributed to the major podcasting platforms like the Apple Podcasts platform and Spotify. When uploading a podcast episode, you have two options: release the podcast as a public one free of charge or create an exclusive private podcast which only your subscribers have access to. Cheaper Alternatives To Kajabi
Marketing and Sales
A big part of what makes Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is its array of sales and marketing tools that are supremely convenient and simple enough for even those who aren’t marketing experts to utilize!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A major draw for the masses, Kajabi’s built-in email marketing feature allows users to send out e-mails related to your course and website to your subscribed member students from the comfort of the platform. But you may be surprised by the fact that it goes beyond just send e-mails. With the help of Kajabi Automations, you get to create automated sequences of emails that are initiated by different types of user actions. For example, when your student successfully logs into one of your courses following the checkout process, a welcome email will be automatically sent to their inbox. If the course performs poorly the course, an upsell will be sent to suggest improvement Cheaper Alternatives To Kajabi
You are able to create as many emails to your campaigns as you like and then schedule them in accordance with your preferences. You can even select which of your members gets to receive those messages. E-mail management has never been this comprehensive yet easy to handle. Contrary to other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with tools for marketing e-mails that you wouldn’t have to worry about integrating with other third-party platforms in order to make it work.
In addition, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing option that lets you assign some of your members as affiliates who can help promote your content on behalf of you. Apart from paying them a commission it is also possible to track their performance to determine how well they contribute to boosting your conversion and click rates. Cheaper Alternatives To Kajabi
Another of Kajabi’s notable features are one of the best features is Pipeline Builder, where you get to create specialized marketing funnels with no overcomplicating difficulties. While other platforms provide similar features, which require more effort and time, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even the uninitiated can benefit from it. This stunning feature allows you to choose from a collection of pre-made funnel templates or pipeline blueprints. This includes:
- Freebie – for whenever you want to offer the freebie to lead magnet to grow your list
- Sales Page OVO is a great option when you need to convince your intended public to buy your product via the sales page
- Product Launch OVO is a great option for whenever you’re launching a course or other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – to use occasions when you need to advertise your products through web workshops
- Free Book OVO – to use whenever you want to promote your content with the free digital book that you can download
- Coaching Campaign OVO is for any time you’re promoting your classes through an array of coaching sessions
- Blank design – for when you’re looking to create the sales funnel you want from ground
When you choose from one of the blueprints for a pipeline, Kajabi automatically creates a set of pages and e-mails that you’ll require to create an efficient sales funnel. You may customize however you want your pipeline to look to your customers. You may even change the design of your landing and checkout pages, for example changing the design to a different theme The library is filled with 40+ page templates that you can pick from.
Payment and Pricing Options
Kajabi allows you to integrate seamlessly with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal so that your member students are able to select between them when they pay for your courses. Stripe is a popular payment option that allows credit and debit card transactions, as well as certain e-wallet providers across the world. PayPal is, on the other side, is an option for subscriptions as well as multi-payment plans. There aren’t any charges for transactions on Kajabi’s side, as all your earnings will be immediately transferred directly to the bank accounts of your choice.
When it comes to the pricing, Kajabi provides an array of options for you of options to select from. You can either charge your students for your products at different times (one-time, subscription, and several payments) or distribute them to them for free. You also have the option to select if you’re going to charge a specified price for one item or for a variety of products, and specify specific dates your students can access your products within a certain time frame. You also get to generate coupons that will further encourage your audience to purchase any of your offers. Cheaper Alternatives To Kajabi
Integration with Third-Party Services
Kajabi is a host of built-in tools to make and market your courses however, you also have the option of connecting to other third-party applications for an additional boost of functions. The platform is currently able to support ten native integrations, including the well-known analytics service Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier can be extremely helpful because it allows connections with hundreds more third-party apps and tools including e-commerce and user experience.
Training and Support for Customers
When it comes to customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over its competitors because it is one of the few platforms for creating courses that offer 24/7 live chat support. Unlike some similar services the Kajabi customer support team is always ready to help you whenever you encounter difficulties creating an online course or website, in addition to other important issues, anytime and anywhere. However, it’s important to mention that this 24-hour feature is available for instructors that are on the Growth plan and above – for basic users live chat support is scheduled for specific times and on certain days of the week. However, Kajabi’s method of customer support has been highly praised by many who use it to create meaningful courses. Cheaper Alternatives To Kajabi
In terms of training tools, Kajabi offers the user a range of access to use resources to master and become familiar with. Kajabi Hero University Kajabi Hero University is packed with courses, tutorials and informational content that are specifically geared towards teachers and edupreneurs who want to get started or increase their standing in the world of course design. You’re also invited to every day Q&A webinars that feature leading experts from different areas as guests. Additionally If you’re in search of other information and tips, the help center is available to help you in the right direction. In addition to Kajabi’s Hero University, there is Kajabi’s Hero Rewards program, where course creators are rewarded with numerous sweet rewards when they meet their objectives.
What else is missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi may be a great all-in-one solution to create and sell your course material However, we need to take care of a few essential things that aren’t being addressed. The majority of these would have been extremely helpful in improving the experience. Here are the following things we would like to see included in the Kajabi system shortly:
- Built-in tools that issue certificates and other credentials. Although some of them offer this option instructors using Kajabi often will still require connecting to third-party apps that are specialized in the issue of certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we appreciate the system’s handling of assessment within courses, we’d like for the lack of question type options – plus randomization of said types that is addressed as soon as possible.
- Additional payment options. At the time of writing only transactions made through Stripe and PayPal will be accepted. Not only that, we don’t appreciate how there are limitations too.
- A public API key. This could have been helpful in making custom integrations, such as letting your subscribed students sign in using the single sign-in feature with other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi may have essentially most of the features any aspiring Edupreneur could dream of. But due to its high price plan and a plethora of features, it may turn some people off. If you’re looking for alternatives with collective similarities in comparison to Kajabi in terms of reliability and performance we’ve listed a few worthy alternatives that you might want to consider in making your choice. Cheaper Alternatives To Kajabi
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in one services that are similar to Kajabi. The only major distinction is in the cost that starts at $67/month You are able to create unlimited courses and market your course to the right audience without having to worry about spending a dime!
- Podia does not just claim to be user-friendly. It’s also extremely simple to use, and much more user-friendly than even Kajabi! While you get to utilize marketing tools It’s a lot lighter than the other. However, when you consider the budget-friendly price, we can understand the way Podia can appeal to individuals who are just starting out in the business.
- While Kajabi isn’t a reputable platform and lacks sophisticated quiz functions, Thinkific makes up for these features. With its affordable price, it sure does offer more industry-level functions than the other which includes live lesson courses and a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is like Thinkific in terms of how it functions. However, we must appreciate how Teachable is able to incorporate additional payment options since it accepts Google Pay and Apple Pay which are two gateways Kajabi is not able to offer. You can also avail one-on-one training and other key features.
Overall, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park in terms of providing nearly all of the options that most entrepreneurs utilize. It sure does offer all the features you need including the intuitive features needed to design a professional website to the stellar integrated marketing suite that includes the addition of simple diagrams of sales funnels as well as efficient marketing tools for e-mails.
There could be some tools missing, such as the issuance of certificates specifically. With a high cost, it may not be the wise choice among the budget-conscious. But we do understand that even though Kajabi performs well in being an all-in-one solution for course creation, it will always have limitations. However, that doesn’t stop it but it is a favorite among experienced creators and businesses!
If you’re still searching for an LMS that gives you all you need in one platform, Kajabi is something you must seriously consider.
FAQ Cheaper Alternatives To Kajabi
What does the word Kajabi translate to?
The term “Kajabi” derives from a word with Islamic as well as Arabic origin which means “to fly.”
Do I have the ability to sell physical items on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard classes, you can also sell physical products through Kajabi. You can even connect with Shopify to build a fully functional online store on Kajabi!
Concerning e-mail marketing is it possible Kajabi can take over MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already includes the tools for marketing via email built into the platform, it makes sense that it’s sufficient to take over third-party apps such as MailChimp. However, if you want to use it, Kajabi still allows you to integrate it with other apps as well.
Is Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi also has an app for mobile devices so that you and your subscribers can access your entire course materials even when in the move. Cheaper Alternatives To Kajabi