A myriad of learning management systems (LMS) platforms have many essential features that can be utilized when you write content that is meaningful. While there may be plenty of sites that let you utilize advanced marketing tools to promote the courses you offer to your desired viewers, other platforms might not offer all of those things. While some provide easy-to-use tools to build courses, there’ll also be few that may provide editing options so complex that it turns its users off.
Among a sea of e-course platforms There are some that offer not just the basic editing interface but also a myriad of sales and marketing functions. Additionally they also offer almost everything you’d ever want including 24/7 support and training tools to top-of-the-line analytics. All-in-one courses let you discover the world beyond your boundaries and one of the platforms that offer it effortlessly is Kajabi.
At a Glance What is Kajabi? Kajabi Business Information
Kajabi is an internet-based platform which lets you create and sell your content to your customers. It is marketed as a complete service, Kajabi provides edupreneurs from all kinds of industries with the best and vital features to not only create a professional website for your courses , but also allow them to grow to new heights. Kajabi is widely praised and regarded as one of the top online courses platforms, earning an overwhelming positive rating of 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-received by its users? It’s true that there are plenty of factors that make this platform extremely easy for anyone to utilize. Firstly, it’s the extreme ease of use. From course creation all the way to marketing and sales, nearly all of Kajabi’s aspects are designed to be digestible for people who are only beginning to get started in the e-course world. Most of them are also advanced, which gives instructors who administer the course an advantage over the rest. In addition, it lets budding entrepreneurs like you run and develop a course-making business without having to travel elsewhere in case something isn’t available. Kajabi provides all the tools that anyone could require, living up to its ‘one-stop shop’ moniker.
What does it let you do? Do?
There are numerous options that Kajabi allows you to use as an all-in-one online course solution. We’ve compiled a list, in bullet form of the most important attributes that you ought to be aware of when you’re thinking about it. In essence, Kajabi allows you:
- Create interactive and engaging courses with a wide array of customizable tools, media files, and templates you can select in accordance with your personal preferences.
- Build a presentable website to display your course materials and other products along with your own blog to keep your students updated on the latest developments;
- Effectively utilize the landing page, checkout pages, and other effective ways to improve the profits you earn, extend your reach to the limit and increase conversion rates;
- Select the method you want to charge your courses and other services for your students, whether it’s one-time payments or a monthly subscription
- Design and build effective sales funnels without any issues by making use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Utilize its in-house marketing and analytics software with the ability to send out e-mails as well as CRM and automation tools.
- Manage and create your affiliate links, and
- Explore a wide variety of customer service, community and training tools, with the addition of Kajabi University.
Famous Names that have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is used and trusted by more than 16,000 organizations and famous personalities. Kajabi is the preferred choice of some of the well-known names that are from various sectors, like online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is the home of thousands upon thousands of courses, that are used and explored by more than 35 million students from all over the world. As of this time of writing Kajabi is generating more than $650million in sales since its establishment in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing plans that Kajabi provides are different than other online course creation services in that they’re much more expensive. With monthly rates that start as low as $119, it’s no wonder that this might be an issue for those who like to give the service a shot. However, when you consider the number of features that are included in each plan, pricing is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start by offering the Basic plan priced at $149 per month, or $119/month when billed annually. In this plan, you are able to design three products, reach an maximum of 1 000 active clients, and create websites that you are able to modify using the tools provided by the platform. Additionally, you get unlimited pages for landing webpages, unlimitted marketing emails, and unlimited access to valuable resources, including one-on one customer support and Kajabi University.
Apart from basic plans, there’s the Growth plan that happens to be Kajabi’s most popular plan with a monthly cost of $199 or $159/month if you pay annually, as well as the Pro plan, which costs $399 per month or $319/mo yearly and is packed with all the features you’d like when you are creating and selling your courses. Kajabi currently does not offer any free plans. But a 14-day free trial is available on each of the three plans. A longer trial of up to 30 days is offered on select blogs. If you want to test the waters and determine if Kajabi is the right choice for you, then the brief free trial is the best way to go.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Like About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s own marketing suite of tools, including email marketing and automation are optimized for business, and it isn’t necessary to integrate with third-party solutions for that!
- The software that creates sales funnels. Another one of the platform’s best-selling points is the Pipeline Builder. Pipeline Builder lets you make use of proven and easily understandable blueprint templates – no need to overcomplicate yourself!
- Customization without limits. From designing professional-looking course websites down to the custom name, Kajabi lets you customize according to your own preferences – and even build your brand from the ground up.
- The easy and intuitive website along with course editors. Making content with the site and the course builders hasn’t been this simple and fast, since it requires less effort and time to finish the job.
- Unlimited integrations are endless. Aside from native integrations to ten e-commerce, marketing, and analytics solutions, connecting to Zapier’s app allows you to look and select from more than one thousand non-native platforms for better efficiency.
- Building worthwhile relationships with your students and instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature allows you to interact with students enrolled in any of your courses. It also lets you connect, network, and celebrate with tons of teachers who happen to be similar to you.
The Cons – Things We Don’t Like
- The steep pricing plans. The three plans offered by Kajabi are greater than the average monthly rates offered by other services. There’s not a free option neither.
- No built-in tools to issue certificates. It is possible to connect to a third-party certificate application if you intend to create custom-made ones of various types.
- Insufficient tools for instructor-student engagement. We’re not happy about the absence of specific features, like appropriate discussion forums as well as the ability to randomly assign tests or assignments. Kajabi Business Information
An Overview of the Kajabi Features
Ease of Use and Experience
One thing we love the most about Kajabi is the shockingly easy user experience. First, the majority of the User Interface (UI) is structured. If you check the dashboard menu, you may see that the functions are divided into five major sections: Website, Products, Sales, Marketing, and People. The layout of the menu leaves no space for confusion, as certain elements that are associated with the specific section can be collapsed. The UI style is very uniform, reflecting Kajabi’s ‘all-in-one’ hallmark. You get to create your own landing page, alter your course, and even engage with other instructors on one site.
It has a search assistant tool that is useful anytime you’re looking for something that may be hard to find. The Kajabi Assistant is located at the top part of the dashboard, in the form as a “search bar, and allows you to search for tools and items within the site by typing in the search terms. As mentioned previously the website builder and course builder sections are drag-and-drop and make the process much easier without needing to learn how to navigate the site. Kajabi has a smoother learning curve compared to a couple of its contemporaries. It also supports multiple languages other than English if you wish to share your content with broader viewers.
Course Design and Engagement
If you take a look at Kajabi’s courses creation function, you may be able to see a collection of course or product templates, or, as the platform calls it, blueprints. Each blueprint for a product varies in structure and type and can be easily modified to suit the needs of instructors.
The blueprints listed are Mini Courses and Online Courses as well as Drip Courses. Mini Courses are quick-form courses which are generally designed in order to increase brand value, while online Courses are full-version courses with a complete content structure that are designed to provide a “world-class” educational experience. Drip courses, on other hand, are programs which are planned over the course of a specified number of days or weeks. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s an efficient way to share your content if you as well as your students are occupied with other things.
Kajabi may be known by many as a renowned premium course-maker. Apart from kinds of courses offered, the blueprints allow you to make a membership site for your members to enjoy exclusive content and a coach session for 12 weeks. The template is also blank which allows you to design your own course or product from the ground up!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
If you continue to explore the course builder you’ll see an outline of sections and lessons that were automatically added when you select one of the blueprints for your course. In the case of Kajabi, these segments and classes are known as categories and posts, and vice versa. Posts are where you can insert different kinds of content, like text, videos images, and text, while the categories serve as folders where the posts are stored.
You can also include subcategories for posts in the same category, if you wish to organize your content more flexiblely. You can move and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a variety of media and text files to include in your posts. These include MOV and MP4 files MP3 and WAV files, PDFs and Word documents. You can upload any of them either via your computer’s folders, or via cloud-based file sharing platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can even copy and paste existing URLs for your videos into your blog posts!
Like a few select platforms for creating courses, Kajabi allows you to use the feature of bulk uploads. Similar to the name that you can upload all your files to your course in one tab. This one is handy especially when you’re working on other things.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi offers a lineup of 10+ course player themes. In contrast to other LMS platforms, where you’re given the option to choose the theme you want to use, Kajabi lets you have the choice of selecting several themes to suit different products. Similar to the course outline creator, it’s easy to customize any of the themes to match your preferences. You can also incorporate elements of your company’s image including logos images, fonts, and design into the course player to add a your own personal style. Kajabi Business Information
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi has a quiz feature called Assessments that allows you to create quizzes and assignments and then add them to the course of your class. Assessments are an effective way to assess whether your students have learned something from the lessons you’ve provided them. With the assessments option, you are able to choose between the three primary types of questions: multiple-choice multi-selection, or paragraph-style. You can also set a passing score to motivate your students to engage with your content more.
Apart from that aside from that, it is also important to note that the LMS website has been able to make strides in creating areas for teachers and students to communicate. With the Community feature, your students are able to participate and leave comments on any of your courses via their dashboards. It is possible to write your blog posts for discussion with the rest of them your lessons from the past and also your future content. The community feature can be accessed as a separate product or as part of your membership space.
Website Design and Customization
Why should you upload your course materials on your website’s domain or WordPress web site when Kajabi provides the platform and the tools to make one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting for 3 pricing options. What’s great about this is you’re assured of instant security and security through an automatic SSL certification as well as a team to help maintain your website.
You’re also given the liberty to personalize your domain as well as choose from a variety of unique, professional themes, all of which you can customize to your hearts content! It doesn’t stop there: If you’re an expert in edupreneurship and are a member of the Growth plan or higher you can download custom-designed themes designed to fit your ever-expanding needs, plus remove the Kajabi brand names and then replace it with your custom-designed theme!
Just like the course builder that we’ve discussed earlier, the page builder from Kajabi allows you to modify any of the available website themes with a suite of easy-to-use and user-friendly editing tools. Upon further exploration, you will be greeted with sets of blocks that can be customized and sections. They’re basically like those categories as well as posts from when we discussed how to build courses. Blocks are the elements that make up the site’s content, such as text, media files, as well as clickable button. Sections are, however are formed by a variety of carefully-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 preset section templates can be picked from the dashboard of the page builder. As we’re all glued to our smartphones and small tablets it’s logical to use Kajabi to have your website automatically adapt to a mobile layout. It’s even possible to go the extra mile and select which site element you wish for your members to view. With all the tools you need to create your website how you would like it to appear, Kajabi’s page builder is not just extremely flexible, but also easy to manage.
Blogging and Other Useful Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not provide this feature, however Kajabi allows you to create sections of your website that is dedicated to your blog, where you can post information and comments on the content of your course. If you’re looking to get the most out of your Kajabi-made site, the service provides you a space where you can post your blog posts without limitations. You can get started with your blog posts by creating your own using an editor for text. It is possible to incorporate SEO elements if you’d like to have a wider reach, group your posts into different categories, and even alter the way you want your entire blog section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging capabilities may not be as up to the same level as WordPress or Blogspot, but it has enough tools to make it manageable. In addition, you can create podcasts to promote on your site. You can upload the recordings of your podcasts to be hosted on the website and then distributed to major podcast listening platforms such as Apple Podcasts and Spotify. When uploading a podcast episode there are two choices: publish it as a public podcast for free , or create an exclusive private version which only your subscribers can get access to. Kajabi Business Information
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
A big part of what makes Kajabi so popular with edupreneurs is the variety of sales and marketing tools that are supremely user-friendly and easy for even those who aren’t marketing experts to utilize!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A huge draw among the masses, Kajabi’s built-in email marketing feature allows users to send out e-mails that are related to your course or website to your subscribed member students within the comforts of the platform. But you may be surprised that it can do more than sending e-mails. With the aid with Kajabi Automations, you get to build automated sequences of e-mails initiated by different types of user actions. For instance, if your student successfully logs into one of your classes after checkout, a welcome e-mail will be sent automatically directly to the student’s inbox. If another course is not performing then an upsell message is sent to suggest an improvement Kajabi Business Information
You can create as many e-mails for your campaign as you want and schedule each one in accordance with your preferences. You can choose the members you want to receive those messages. The management of e-mails has never been more complete and easy to manage. Contrary to other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with tools for marketing e-mails that you wouldn’t have to worry about integrating with other third-party platforms in order to make it work.
In addition, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing feature that lets you assign certain members of your group as affiliates in order to in promoting your site on your behalf. Alongside paying them the commission rate, you may also track their performance to determine how well they contribute to increasing your conversion rates and click rates. Kajabi Business Information
Another one of Kajabi’s overall top features are the Pipeline Builder, where you can create custom marketing funnels that do not have any overly complicated problems. While other platforms offer similar features that require much more time and effort, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even the uninitiated can benefit from it. This stunning feature lets you select from a variety of pre-designed funnel designs or pipeline blueprints. This includes:
- Freebie – for whenever you want to offer an offer as a lead magnet to build your email list
- Sales Page OVO – for when you need to convince your target customers to purchase your product through an online sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use any time you’re launching a course or other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO is a great option for whenever you want to promote your products through web workshops
- Free Book OVO – to use any time you wish to market your content an online book for free download.
- Coaching Campaign OVO is for whenever you’re promoting your courses through a series of coaching sessions
- Blank plan – to use whenever you’d like to construct your sales funnel from the ground
When you choose from one of the blueprints for your pipeline Kajabi instantly creates a set of pages and e-mails that you’ll require to create an effective sales funnel. You can alter the way you would like your sales funnel to appear to your audience. You can even alter the look of your checkout and landing pages, for example you can change the theme to something different There is a library full of 40+ page templates that you can pick from.
Optional Payment Options and Price
Kajabi lets you integrate seamlessly with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal so that your students are able to select one of them to pay for your course. Stripe is a popular payment option that accepts credit and debit card transactions and various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal, on the other on the other hand, is an option for subscriptions and multi-payment plans. There aren’t any transaction fees on Kajabi’s part since all the money you earn will be immediately transferred into your account at the banks.
For the pricing, Kajabi provides you a wide range of pricing options. You can make your student pay for services at different times (one-time or subscription and multiple payments) or distribute them for free. You also have the option to select if you’re going to charge a set amount for one product or multiple products, as well as establish specific dates for your members can access within a given time frame. You can also create coupons to further motivate your customers to purchase any of your offers. Kajabi Business Information
Integrations with Third-Party Services
Kajabi is a host of built-in services needed to create and market your courses however, you also can connect to third-party applications to provide an added boost in functionality. The platform currently supports ten native integrations, including the well-known analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier is extremely useful because it allows connections with hundreds of other third-party apps and tools that range from e-commerce to user experiences.
Training and Customer Support Resources
When it comes to customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over other platforms because it’s among the few platforms for creating courses with live chat available 24/7 support. Unlike some similar services the Kajabi customer support team is always ready to help you whenever you encounter difficulties creating a course or page among other important issues, anytime and wherever. However, it’s important to note that this 24/7 support is available to instructors who subscribe to the Growth plan up to for basic users, live Chat support can be scheduled for certain times and days on weekdays. However, Kajabi’s method of customer support has been highly praised by many of the instructors who use it to design meaningful educational content. Kajabi Business Information
For tools to train, Kajabi provides the user a range of access to access resources that you can master and then become proficient with. The Kajabi Hero University is packed with courses, tutorials and educational content specifically targeted at educators and edupreneurs, to help them gain traction or boost their position in the world of course design. Additionally, you can attend weekly Q&A-style educational webinars featuring prominent experts from various fields as guests, plus when you’re looking for other tips and tricks the help desk is always there to guide you on your way. In addition to the platform’s Hero University, there is an additional Kajabi Hero Rewards program, where course creators get rewarded with many sweet perks when they meet their objectives.
What else is missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi could be an excellent all-in-one solution to create and promote your course content however, we must address a few vital things that are missing. The majority of these would be extremely useful in improving the experience. These are some of the things we would like to see included in the Kajabi system shortly:
- Built-in tools to issue certificates and credentials. Although some of them offer this option instructors using Kajabi often will still require connecting to third-party apps which specialize in issuance of certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we are pleased with the platform’s handling of assessments within the course, we would like for the lack of options for question types and the randomization of those types that is addressed as soon as possible.
- Additional payment options. As of this writing, only transactions via Stripe as well as PayPal can be accepted. Not only that, but we don’t appreciate how there are limitations as well.
- An API key that is public. This could have been helpful for custom integrations, for example, having your students who have subscribed to your service sign in using the single sign-in feature with other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi could have the majority of the features any aspiring Edupreneur would ever want to have. But with the steep price plan and a plethora in terms of functionality, the site might make some people turn away. If you’re seeking alternatives that have similarity in comparison to Kajabi with regards to reliability and performance, we’ve listed some worthy alternatives that you might think about in your decision. Kajabi Business Information
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in-one services that are similar to Kajabi. The only significant difference is the price – starting at only $67/month You are able to create unlimited courses and advertise to your target audience without worrying about breaking the bank!
- Podia does not just claim to be user-friendly. It’s also extremely simple to use, far easier than even Kajabi! While you get to make use of marketing features, it’s much lighter than other. But considering the very budget-friendly price, we can see the ways Podia is a great choice for individuals who are just starting out in the business.
- While Kajabi lacks credentials and sophisticated quiz functions, Thinkific makes up for them. With its affordable price, it sure does offer greater features that the other has which includes live lesson courses and a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in the way it operates. However, we must appreciate how Teachable is able to incorporate additional payment options since it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay which are two gateways Kajabi is not able to offer. It also lets you utilize one-on-one coaching and other core features.
In the end, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park by offering a wide range of options that most entrepreneurs use. It certainly has the basic features that everyone needs including the intuitive features needed to design a professional website to the stellar integrated marketing suite, which includes the inclusion of easy-to-understand diagrams of sales funnels as well as efficient e-mail marketing tools.
There may be a few tools that are missing like the issue of certificates, in particular. Plus with a steep price tag, it may not be the best option for those with a tight budget. However, we understand that even though Kajabi performs great as an all-in one solution for course creation but it’s not without limits. It doesn’t hinder it, but it is a popular choice among established creators and businesses!
If you’re looking for an LMS that gives you all you require on one platform, Kajabi is something you ought to seriously consider.
FAQ Kajabi Business Information
What is the meaning of Kajabi mean?
The term “Kajabi” derives from a word of Islamic or Arabic origin which means “to take flight.”
Do I have the ability to sell physical items on Kajabi?
Yes! In addition to the normal courses, you can also sell physical items on Kajabi. You can even join with Shopify to build a fully functional online store on the platform!
In terms of e-mail marketing is it possible Kajabi could be able to take over MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already includes E-mail marketing tools integrated within the platform, it’s logical that it’s adequate to replace third-party programs such as MailChimp. If you do intend to make use of the platform, Kajabi still allows you to integrate it with other applications too.
Are you sure that Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has a mobile app for you and the members who have subscribed can access your entire course materials even when traveling. Kajabi Business Information