A myriad of learning management systems (LMS) platforms come with many crucial features that can be utilized when creating content of high quality. While there could be a lot of sites that let you utilize advanced marketing tools to market classes to your target viewers, other platforms might not offer all of the features. While some provide easy-to-use course-building tools, there will be a few that have an editing experience that is so complicated it turns its users off.
Among a sea of e-course platforms There are a handful which offer more than just the basic editing interface but also an array of sales and marketing functions. And on top of that they offer almost everything you’d ever want, from 24/7 help and training tools to top-of-the-line analytics. All-in-one course platforms let you explore beyond your limits, and one of those that provide it is Kajabi.
In a nutshell What is Kajabi? Kajabi Can Can
Kajabi can be described as an online service that allows you to create and sell your content to your audience of students. It is marketed as a complete service, Kajabi provides edupreneurs from all kinds of industries with the best and necessary features that will not just create a professional website for your courses , but also allow them to grow to new heights. Kajabi has been critically acclaimed and considered to be one of the top online courses platforms, earning an overwhelming positive score from 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-liked by its users? It’s true that there are plenty of reasons that make the platform extremely easy for anyone to use. First, it’s the ease of use. From the course creation to marketing almost all of Kajabi’s features can be accessible to those who are only beginning to get started in the world of e-learning. Most of them are also advanced, giving administrating instructors the added edge over the rest. In addition, it lets budding entrepreneurs such as you manage and build a course-making business without the need to look elsewhere in case something is missing. Kajabi has all the available tools that anyone could require and is a true testament to its ‘one-stop shop name.
What Does It Let You Do?
There are numerous methods that Kajabi can use as an all-in-one online course solution. We’ve compiled a list, in bullet form of the most important attributes that you ought to keep an eye on when you’re thinking about using it. Simply put, Kajabi lets you:
- Create interactive and engaging classes using a range of customizing tools including media files, templates you can select according to your preference;
- Build a presentable website to display your course materials and other products, as well as a blog where you can keep your students up-to-date on what else is new;
- Effectively utilize landing pages, checkout pages, and other ways to improve the profits you earn, extend your reach beyond the limits, and generate higher conversion rates.
- Decide how you would like to charge your courses and other products to your students – whether it’s one-time payments or a monthly subscription
- Create effective sales funnels with no any issues by making use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Use its own marketing and analytics software with e-mail marketing and CRM as well as automation tools.
- Set up and manage your affiliate links.
- Explore an array of customer service, community and training materials and features, including the Kajabi University feature.
Big Names That Have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted by more than 16,000 companies and famous personalities. Kajabi is the preferred choice of some of the well-known names who are part of different sectors, like online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard, fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is home to thousands upon thousands of courses, that are used and explored by more than 35 million students all over the world. As of this the time this article was written, Kajabi boasts more than $650 million of sales since it was founded in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing plans that Kajabi provides are different than other online course-making services in that they’re more expensive. With monthly prices that start at as low as $119 it’s not surprising that this can impede some people who might like to give Kajabi a go. But considering the huge amount of features that are included in each plan, pricing is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start at the Basic plan that costs $149 per month or $119/mo if billed annually. With this tier, you are able to design three products, reach a maximum of 1,000 active customers, and make your own website you can create with the tools offered by Kajabi’s platform. Additionally, you get unlimited landing webpages, unlimitted marketing emails and access to unlimited valuable resources, including one-on one customer service and Kajabi University.
Apart from The Basic Plan, there is the Growth plan, which happens to be the platform’s most popular offer with a monthly cost of $199 or $159/mo if paid annually, and the Pro plan for $399 per month or $319/month yearly, which is filled with every feature you could ask for when it comes to creating and selling your courses. Kajabi currently does not offer any free plans. There is however a fourteen-day trial is available. trial is offered for each of the three plans. A longer trial of for up to 30 days available on selected blogs. So if you want to try the service and determine if Kajabi is the right choice for you, the limited trial offer is the best option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros and Cons – What We Really Like About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s marketing suite in-house of tools, which includes automated e-mail marketing, and automation are designed to be optimized for business, and it isn’t necessary to integrate with third-party solutions to do that!
- The sales funnel software. Another of the platforms most-loved selling points The sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of proven and easily understandable blueprint templates – no need to be overly complicated!
- Unlimited customization. From creating professional-looking course websites all the way to the custom name, Kajabi lets you customize according to your own preferences – and even build your brand from scratch.
- The user-friendly and simple site along with course editors. Making content with the website and course builder software has never been this simple and fast, since it takes less time and effort to complete the task.
- Unlimited integrations. Apart from native integrations with the ten marketing, e-commerce and analytics solutions, connecting to Zapier’s app lets users to investigate and select from more than a thousand non-native platforms to increase effectiveness.
- Establishing meaningful relationships with your students and instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature allows you to engage with the students who are enrolled in any of your courses. You can also connect, network, and celebrate with tons of teachers in the same shoes as you.
The Cons – What We Do Not Like
- The pricing plans are hefty. The three plans offered by Kajabi are more than the average monthly rate offered by other services. There’s no free plan available neither.
- There is no built-in tool to issue certificates. It is possible to connect to a third-party certificate app if you plan to create custom-made ones that are of different types.
- Not enough tools for student-instructor engagement. We aren’t happy with the absence of some particular tools, such as adequate discussion forums, as well as the ability to randomly distribute tests or assignments. Kajabi Can Can
The Review of Kajabi’s features
Easy of Use and Experience
One thing we love about Kajabi is the shockingly easy user experience. One of the reasons is that the User Interface (UI) is well-organized. If you look at the screen menu, you’ll find that all the features are divided into five major sections – Website, Products, Sales, Marketing and People. The layout of the menu is clear and free of confusion, as certain aspects that belong to specific sections are able to be collapsed. The UI layout is very consistent that reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-1” trademark. You can create your own landing page, alter your course, and interact with your fellow instructors on one site.
There is a search assistant tool that comes in handy anytime you’re looking for something that may be hard to find. The Kajabi Assistant is located at the top of the dashboard in the form as a “search bar, and allows you to search for specific tools and products on the site by entering the words. As mentioned previously that both the Kajabi courses and site builder sections can be dragged and dropped, making the process simpler without having to know how to navigate the site. Kajabi is more user-friendly and has a less arduous learning curve compared to some of its competitors. It can also be used in other languages that English in case you want to present your content to wider audiences.
Course Creation and Engagement
When you go through Kajabi’s course creation feature, you’ll soon encounter a list of course or product templates or the way it calls them blueprints. Each of the blueprints for products varies in structure and type and can be easily modified to fit any instructor’s needs.
In the blueprints that are listed are Mini Courses as well as Online Courses as well as Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form , quick courses that are usually created as a way to build brand recognition, while Online Courses are full-version versions that have a complete structure of content created to offer an “world-class” learning experience. Drip courses on the contrary, are classes that are scheduled over the course of a specified number of weeks or days. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s an easier method of sharing your content if you or your students are busy with other things.
Kajabi might be regarded by many as a renowned premium course-maker. Apart from course types, the product blueprints let you create a membership area where your customers can enjoy exclusive content and a coaching session for 12 weeks. The template is also blank that allows you to create your own course or product from scratch!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
When you explore the course builder you’ll notice an outline of sections and lessons which have been automatically added if you choose any of the course blueprints. In Kajabi’s case, those segments and classes are referred to as post categories as well as category, respectively. Posts are where you put in different types of content including text, video images, and text, while the categories act as folders where the posts are kept.
It is also possible to include subcategories of posts under a category if you want to structure your content flexibly. You can also alter the outline by dragging it around. Kajabi accepts a variety of media and text files that can be used to add to your posts, including MOV and MP4 files WAV and MP3 files PDFs and Word documents. Upload any of them either through your computer’s folders or through file-sharing cloud platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can also duplicate and paste URLs of your videos to your posts!
As with a handful of other course-making platforms, Kajabi allows you to use the feature of bulk uploads. As the name suggests, you can add all the files you have uploaded to your courses on one tab. This one is handy particularly if you’re doing other important stuff.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi offers a lineup of 10+ themes for course players. In contrast to other LMS platforms, where you’re given the option to choose the theme you want to use, Kajabi lets you have the choice of selecting various themes for the different products. Similar to the course outline maker, it’s simple to modify any of the themes to suit your personal style. You can also incorporate elements that represent your brand including logos images, fonts, and designs into your course player in order to give it a an individual touch. Kajabi Can Can
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi offers a quiz feature called Assessments. It allows you to create quizzes and assignments and include them as part of your class. Assessments can be a great way to determine if your students learned something from the lessons you’ve provided them. Through the assessment feature, you can choose between the three primary question types: multiple-choice, multiple-selection, and paragraph-style. You can also set an assessment score that will encourage your students in engaging with your material more.
Apart from that, the LMS site has also been able to make strides in providing spaces for teachers and students to communicate. With the Community feature, students have access to participate and leave comments on any of your courses through their dashboards. You can even write in your posts to discuss with the rest of them your lessons from the past as well as your future content. The community feature is offered as a separate product or as an element of membership space.
Website Design and Customization
Why would you want to publish your course content to your web domain as well as WordPress site when Kajabi provides the platform and tools to create one within the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting across the three pricing plans. What’s great about this is you’re guaranteed immediate security and security through an automated SSL certification as well as an experienced team of experts to maintain your website.
You’re also given the liberty to customize your domain, as well as choose from a wide array of unique, professional themes, which you can customize to your hearts content! This doesn’t stop there. If you’re an expert edupreneur and are a member of the Growth plan and above you can import custom-made themes built to meet the ever-changing needs of your business and also take away all Kajabi branding and replace that with your personal brand!
Just like the course builder we’ve mentioned earlier, the page builder from Kajabi allows you to alter any of the given website themes with a suite of easy-to-use and user-friendly editing tools. If you continue to explore you’ll be presented with a variety of customizable blocks and sections. They’re basically like those categories as well as posts from when we’ve talked about how to build courses. Blocks are referred to as the elements that compose the site’s content, such as text, media files as well as clickable button. Sections are, however, are formed by multiple neatly-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 pre-designed sections templates that you can pick from the dashboard of the page builder. As we’re all glued to our smartphones and tablets nowadays it is logical for Kajabi to have your website automatically adjust to a mobile-friendly layout. You can even go the extra mile by choosing the elements of your website you want for your member learners to view. With all the tools you need to create your website as you wish it to look, Kajabi’s page builder is not only super flexible but also easy to manage.
Blogging and Other Useful Website Features
Other LMS platforms might not offer this feature, however Kajabi allows you to make sections of your website that is dedicated to your blog, where you can share comments and updates on the content of your course. If you’re looking to make the most of your Kajabi-created website, the service provides you the opportunity to post your blog posts without limitations. Start by creating posting blog content by creating your own using Text Editor. It is possible to incorporate SEO elements if you want to expand your reach, group your posts into various categories and even alter the way you would like your blog’s entire section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging capabilities may not be as on par as WordPress or Blogspot However, it comes with enough tools to be manageable. In addition, you can create podcasts that you can promote on your site. You can upload audio recordings of your podcast that will be hosted on the website and distributed to the major podcasting platforms like Apple Podcasts and Spotify. If you upload an episode of your podcast there are two choices: publish it as a public podcast for free , or create an exclusive private one which only your subscribers can get access to. Kajabi Can Can
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
One of the reasons that make Kajabi so popular among edupreneurs is its array of sales and marketing tools that are extremely convenient and simple enough to even non- marketing experts to utilize!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A major draw for the crowd, Kajabi’s built in e-mail marketing function allows you to send e-mails related to your course and website to your subscribed member students from the comfort of the platform. However, you might be amazed that it does more than just send e-mails. With the aid of Kajabi Automations, you get to automate sequences of emails that are triggered by different kinds of user actions. For example, when your student is successfully logged in to one of your courses after checking out, a welcome message will be automatically delivered into their email inbox. If another course is not performing the course, an upsell will be sent to suggest an improvement Kajabi Can Can
You are able to create as many emails to the campaign you like and then schedule them in accordance to your preference. You can even select which members of your group are eligible to receive those messages. Managing e-mails has never been this extensive and yet simple to manage. Contrary to other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with tools for marketing e-mails that you don’t require the integration with third-party platforms to make things work.
Aside from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing function where you get to assign some of your members as affiliates who can help in promoting your site on your behalf. Alongside paying them the commission rate, you may also track their performance to gauge how they can contribute to increasing your conversion rates and click rates. Kajabi Can Can
Another one of Kajabi’s overall standouts is its Pipeline Builder, where you get to create specialized marketing funnels without a lot of issues. While other platforms have similar features that require more time and effort and effort, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be extremely simple and quick that even beginners can make better use of it. This amazing feature allows you to choose from a variety of pre-designed funnel blueprints or templates for pipelines. These include the following:
- Freebies – to be used whenever you’d like to offer an offer as a lead magnet to increase your email list
- Sales Page OVO is a great option whenever you want to convince your target public to buy your product through the sales page
- Product Launch OVO is a great option for whenever you’re launching a course or other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO is a great option for any time you wish to promote your business through web-based workshops
- Free Book OVO is a great resource for whenever you want to market your content the free digital book that you can download
- Coaching Campaign OVO – for when you’re trying to promote your courses by means of an array of coaching sessions
- Blank blueprint – for whenever you’d like to construct the sales funnel you want from the starting
After you pick one of the pipeline blueprints Kajabi will automatically generate a set of pages and emails you’ll need to pull off an efficient sales funnel. You may customize however you wish your funnel to appear to your audience. You may even change the design of your landing and checkout pages, for instance, to a different one The library is with more than 40 pages templates you can select from.
Optional Payment Options and Price
Kajabi allows you to integrate seamlessly with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal so that your member students are able to select between them when they pay for your courses. Stripe is a popular payment option that accepts debit and credit card transactions, as well as various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal however, on the contrary hand, is available as an option to subscribe and multi-payment plans. There are no pressing transaction fees on Kajabi’s part because all your earnings are instantly transferred to your bank account.
When it comes to price options for Kajabi, it gives customers a variety of pricing options of options to select from. You can make your student pay for products at various dates (one-time, subscription, and multi-payments) or hand them out at no cost. You even have the chance to decide if you want to charge a specified price for a specific product or multiple products, as well as specify specific dates your members can access within a certain timeframe. You also get to generate coupons to further motivate your customers to purchase the products you offer. Kajabi Can Can
Integrations with Third-Party Services
Kajabi is a host of built-in tools to develop and promote your courses, but you also have the option to connect to third-party apps for an added boost in functionality. The platform currently supports ten native integrations, including the popular analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier is extremely useful as it helps establish connections to hundreds of tools and third-party apps including e-commerce and user experience.
Training and Support for Customers
In terms of customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over its competitors because it’s among the only course creation platforms with live chat available 24/7 assistance. In contrast to other similar platforms, Kajabi’s customer support team is always ready to assist you when you encounter difficulties creating an online course or website, in addition to other important issues, anytime and anywhere. It’s crucial to note that this 24 hour feature is available for instructors that are on the Growth plan upwards – for basic users live chat support is scheduled at certain times and times on weekdays. Nonetheless, Kajabi’s approach to customer service has been praised by many of the instructors who use it to design relevant course content. Kajabi Can Can
As for training tools, Kajabi offers you a variety of ways to access resources that you can master and become familiar with. Its Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses and informational content that are specifically geared towards teachers and edupreneurs to help them get started or increase their position in the course creation world. Additionally, you can attend every day Q&A webinars that feature top experts from various fields as guests, plus, if you’re looking for additional information and tips the help desk will be there to help you in the right direction. Alongside the platform’s Hero University, there is also a Kajabi Hero Rewards program in which course creators are rewarded with many sweet perks when they meet their goals.
What else is missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi might be a fantastic all-in-one solution to create and promote your course content, but we have to look at a few crucial aspects that aren’t being addressed. The majority of these would have been extremely helpful to improve the experience. Below are the items we’d like to see included in the Kajabi system shortly:
- Built-in tools to issue certificates and certificates. While some provide this service, instructors who use Kajabi often will still require a connection to third-party apps which specialize in issuance of certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we appreciate the system’s handling of assessment within the course, we would like that the absence of options for question types – plus randomization of said types that is addressed as soon as possible.
- Other payment options. As of the moment only transactions made through Stripe and PayPal are accepted. Not only that, we don’t understand why there are limits too.
- A public API key. This would have been useful in making custom integrations, like letting your subscribed students login using a single sign-in option in other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi may have essentially most of the features that an aspiring edupreneur could ever dream of. But with the steep price plan and a plethora of features, it may make some people turn away. If you’re seeking alternatives that have similarity in comparison to Kajabi regarding reliability and performance we’ve listed a few worthy competitors you might be considering when making your choice. Kajabi Can Can
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in-one services that are similar to Kajabi. The only difference is the cost beginning at just $67 per month, you can create unlimited courses and sell your course to the right audience without worrying about breaking the bank!
- Podia isn’t just claiming to be user-friendly. It’s also very easy to use, and much more user-friendly than even Kajabi! Although you can utilize marketing tools It’s a lot lighter than the other. But considering the very budget-friendly price, we can understand the way Podia will appeal to DIY entrepreneurs getting into the business.
- While Kajabi isn’t a reputable platform and lacks advanced quiz features, Thinkific makes up for these features. With a price that is affordable for beginners and a wide range of features, it certainly offers higher-end features than the other which includes live lessons and an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in the manner it works. But, we need to appreciate how the former can incorporate additional payment options, as it supports Google Pay and Apple Pay, two gateway services Kajabi does not have. You can also avail one-on-one coaching as well as other essential features.
Overall, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park by offering a wide range of features that most edupreneurs can utilize. It sure does offer all the features you need including the intuitive features needed to create a professional-looking website , to the impressive built-in marketing suite with the addition of simple plans for sales funnels, as well as effective e-mail marketing tools.
There could be some tools that are missing, such as the issue of certificates in particular. Plus with a steep cost, it may not be the right option for those with a tight budget. But we do understand that, while Kajabi does great as an all-in one solution for course creation but it’s not without limits. However, that doesn’t stop it but it is a favorite among experienced business owners and creators!
If you’re still searching for an LMS that gives you all you need in one platform, Kajabi is something you must seriously look into.
FAQ Kajabi Can Can
What is the meaning of Kajabi translate to?
The term “Kajabi” originates from a word of Islamic or Arabic origin that means “to take flight.”
Can I sell physical goods on Kajabi?
Yes! Aside from the usual programs, you can sell physical products on Kajabi. You can also connect with Shopify to build a fully functional e-commerce shop on Kajabi!
Concerning e-mail marketing is it possible Kajabi can take over MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already includes the tools for marketing via email built into the platform, it’s natural that it’s enough to replace third-party programs such as MailChimp. However, if you do want to use this feature, Kajabi still allows you to connect it with other applications as well.
Are you sure that Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi also has an app for mobile devices to ensure that you and the members who have subscribed can access all your course materials even when on the go. Kajabi Can Can