A myriad of learning management systems (LMS) platforms come with a variety of essential features that you can use whenever you create meaningful content. While there may be plenty of websites that allow you to utilize advanced marketing tools to advertise your courses to your target audience, some might not provide all those things. Although some sites provide simple-to-use tools for creating courses, there will also be some that offer editing features that are so complicated that they turn off their users.
In the sea of e-course platforms There are some which offer more than just an easy editing interface, but also a plethora of sales and marketing functions. Additionally they also offer almost everything you could think of including 24/7 support and training materials to top-quality analytics. All-in-one course platforms let you discover the world beyond your boundaries One of them that offer it effortlessly is Kajabi.
At a Glance How do you define Kajabi? Kajabi Carousel
Kajabi is an online platform that allows you to make and sell your course content to your audience of students. Branded as an all-in-one service, Kajabi provides edupreneurs from all walks of life with optimized and vital features to not just build a professional-looking website for your courses , but let them grow to new heights. Kajabi is widely praised and considered to be one of the best online learning platforms, with an overwhelming positive score from 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so popular and well-liked by its users? Well, there are quite many factors that make this platform very convenient for everyone to utilize. Firstly, it’s the extreme simplicity of usage. From course creation all the way to marketing, nearly all of the Kajabi features can be accessible to those who are just getting started in the world of online courses. A majority of them are advanced, which gives instructors who administer the course the added edge over other instructors. Lastly it allows budding entrepreneurs like you to run and create courses without having to go elsewhere if anything else is not available. Kajabi provides all the equipment that one could need, living up to its ‘one-stop shop’ moniker.
What does it let you do? Do?
There are numerous ways that Kajabi lets you create an all-in-one e-learning solution. We’ve put together a list in bullet form, of its important features that you may want to watch out for in the event you’re considering it. In simple terms, Kajabi allows you:
- Create interactive and engaging courses with a wide array of customizing tools including media files, templates that you can pick in accordance with your personal preferences.
- Create a visually appealing website to present your course content and products along with a blog where you can keep your students up-to-date on what’s new.
- Effectively utilize landing pages, checkout pages and other effective ways to improve your earnings, expand your reach over the boundaries and increase conversion rates.
- Decide how you would like to invoice your courses or other items to your students – whether it’s one-time payments or a monthly subscription;
- Design and build effective sales funnels without any difficulties by making use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Use its own marketing and analytics suite with e-mail marketing, CRM, and automation tools;
- Set up and manage your affiliate links, and
- Explore a variety of customer service, community and training materials and features, including the Kajabi University feature.
Big Names That Have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted and used by more than 16,000 organizations and big-name personalities. Kajabi is the preferred choice of many of the most well-known people that are from various sectors, including the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard and fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is the home of thousands of courses that are used and explored by more than 35 million students across the globe. As of this time of writing Kajabi boasts more than $650 million of sales since it was founded in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing options that Kajabi offers are quite different than other online course creation services in that they’re more expensive. With monthly rates that start as low as $119, it’s no wonder why this can impede some people who would be interested in giving the service a shot. But considering the huge amount of features that are included into each plan, the pricing is logically reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start by offering the Basic plan priced at $149 per month or $119/month for billing annually. With this tier, you are able to design three products, garner an maximum of 1000 active users, as well as design websites that you are able to modify using the tools provided by the platform. Additionally, you get unlimited pages for landing pages, unlimited marketing e-mails and access to unlimited valuable resources, including one-on one customer service and Kajabi University.
Apart from the Basic plan, there’s the Growth plan that happens to be Kajabi’s most popular plan with a monthly cost of $199 or $159/mo if paid annually. There is also the Pro plan for $399 per month or $319/month yearly and is packed to the brim with all the features you’d want when you are creating and selling your courses. Kajabi is currently not offering a free plan option. There is however a fourteen-day free trial is offered for all three plans. A trial extension that runs for up to 30 days also available on selected blogs, so if you want to test the waters and determine if Kajabi is the right choice for you, the short trial offer is the best method to start.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Like About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s marketing suite in-house of tools, such as email marketing and automation are optimized for businessuse, and you don’t have to connect with third-party solutions to do that!
- The software for sales funnels. Another of the platforms most-loved selling points The Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of tested and understood blueprint templates – no need to overcomplicate yourself!
- The ability to customize without limitations. From creating professional-looking course websites down to the custom website, Kajabi lets you customize to your heart’s content – and even build your brand from the ground up.
- The user-friendly and simple site and course editors. Making content using the site and the course builder software has never been so simple and fast, since it requires less time and effort to complete the task.
- Unlimited integrations. Aside from native integrations to the ten marketing, e-commerce and analytics tools, connecting to Zapier’s app lets users to investigate and select from more than one thousand non-native platforms for better effectiveness.
- Establishing meaningful relationships with your students and instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature allows you to engage with the students who are enrolled in your classes. It also lets you connect, network, and share your joy with hundreds of teachers in the same shoes as you.
The Cons – Things We Don’t Like
- The pricey pricing plans. The three plans offered by Kajabi are greater than the average monthly rates offered by other services. There’s no free plan available as well.
- No built-in tools to issue certificates. You might need to connect to a third-party certificate software if you want to make custom-designed certificates of various types.
- There aren’t enough tools to facilitate student-instructor engagement. We don’t appreciate the lack of some particular tools, such as appropriate discussion forums as well as the ability to randomize quizzes or assignments. Kajabi Carousel
An Overview of the Kajabi Features
Easy of Use and Experience
One thing we love one thing we like about Kajabi is the shockingly easy user experience. First, the majority of the platform’s user interface (UI) is organized. If you look at the dashboard menu, you will see that the functions are divided into five major sections – Website, Products, Sales, Marketing and People. The design of the menu is clear and free of obstruction, since some of the elements that are associated with a specified section are collapsible. The UI design is very consistent that reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-1” trademark. You get to create your own landing page, alter your course and communicate with your instructors on the same site.
It has a search assistant tool that can be useful whenever you want to look for something that is hard to find. The Kajabi Assistant is found at the top part of the dashboard in the shape that of a bar for searching, and allows you to search for specific tools and products within the website by typing in the words. As previously mentioned, both Kajabi’s courses and site builder sections can be dragged and dropped and make the process much easier without having to know how to navigate the site. Kajabi is more user-friendly and has a less arduous learning curve compared to a couple of its contemporaries. It is also compatible with other languages than English if you wish to present your content to wider audience.
Course Development and Engagement
If you take a look at Kajabi’s courses creation feature, you’ll quickly come across a variety of templates for courses or products, or what the platform refers to them, blueprints. Each of the blueprints for products differs in terms of structure and design and is readily tailored to suit the needs of instructors.
Included among the listed blueprints are Mini Courses and Online Courses as well as Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form , quick courses which are generally designed as a way to build brand value, while online Courses are full-version types with a full content structure created to offer an “world-class” learning experience. Drip courses, on other hand, are programs which are planned over the course of a specified number of weeks or days. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s an easier method of sharing your content if you and your students are busy with other things.
Kajabi might be regarded by many as a renowned premium course-maker. Apart from kinds of courses offered, the blueprints allow you to create a membership space that allows your customers to access exclusive content and a coaching session lasting 12 weeks. There’s also a blank template where you can create an entire course or product from the ground up!
Categories, Posts, and Content Uploads
As you further explore the course builder you will notice the outline of the sections and lessons that were automatically added when you select one of the blueprints for your course. In Kajabi’s case, those parts and the lessons referred to as post categories as well as category, and vice versa. Posts are the places where you insert various kinds of content, such as text, video and images, whereas the categories act as folders in which the posts are stored.
You can also include subcategories of posts under a category if you want to structure your content flexibly. You may also alter the outline by dragging it around. Kajabi accepts a variety of text and media files to be added to your posts, including MOV and MP4 files MP3 and WAV files, PDFs, and even Word documents. You can upload all of them directly via your computer’s folders, or file-sharing cloud platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can also add existing URLs of your video to your posts!
Like several other course-making platforms, Kajabi allows you to utilize the feature of bulk uploads. As the name suggests it allows you to upload all your files to your courses on one tab. This is a great option, especially if you’re busy working on other things.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi offers a lineup of over 10 themes for courses. Contrary to other LMS platforms that only allow you to be offered the choice of only one of three theme options, Kajabi lets you have the freedom to choose various themes for the various products. Like the outline maker, it’s simple to modify any of the themes to suit your personal style. You can also incorporate elements that represent your brand like your logo images, fonts, and design into the course player to add a an individual touch. Kajabi Carousel
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi includes a quiz function called Assessments that allows you to make quizzes and assignments and then add them to the course of your curriculum. Assessments are an effective way to determine if your students learned something from the course you’ve taught them. With the assessments feature, you get to choose between the three primary question types: multiple-choice, paragraph-style, and multiple-selection. You can even set an acceptable score to encourage your students in engaging with your material more.
Apart from that aside from that, in addition, the LMS website has been able to make strides in creating spaces for teachers and students to connect. Through the Community feature students have access to participate and leave comments on all of your courses on their dashboards. You can also write your blog posts for discussion with the rest of them your lessons from the past and also your future content. The community feature is available either as a stand-alone feature or as component of your member area.
Website Design and Customization
Why share your course contents on your website’s domain or WordPress website when Kajabi has the platform and tools you need to make one within the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting across three pricing plans. What’s awesome about it is you’re guaranteed instant security and safety with an automated SSL certification as well as the support of a team to manage your site.
You’re also given the liberty to personalize your domain as well as pick from a range of professional, one-of-a-kind themes, which you can customize to your liking! The possibilities don’t end there: if you’re an expert edupreneur and have signed up to the Growth plan or higher, you get to import custom-made themes built to fit your ever-expanding needs as well as eliminate the Kajabi brand names and then replace that with your custom-designed theme!
Just like the course builder we’ve mentioned previously, Kajabi’s page builders lets you modify any of the given themes on the website using a variety of intuitive and easy-to-handle editing tools. After further exploration, you will be greeted with sets of blocks that can be customized and sections. They’re similar to post categories, and categories we discussed when we’ve talked about how to build courses. Blocks are referred to as the elements that make up the content of the website which includes text, media files and clickable buttons. Sections on the other hand are formed by a variety of carefully-arranged blocks.
There are more than 40 pre-designed section templates you can choose from the page builder’s dashboard. We’re all hooked to our smartphones and tablets nowadays it is logical for Kajabi to let your site automatically adjust to mobile layout. It’s even possible to go the extra mile and select the elements of your website you want members to view. With all the tools you need to build your site as you wish it to look the page builder from Kajabi is not just extremely flexible, but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Useful Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not provide this feature, but Kajabi allows you to make sections of your website specifically for your blog. There, you can share information and comments about your course’s content. If you’re looking to get the most out of your Kajabi-created website, the service provides you an area where you can post your blog posts without limitations. You can get started with posting blog content by creating one with Text Editor. It is possible to include SEO elements if you’d like to have a wider reach or group your posts into various categories or even change the way you would like your blog’s entire section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging features may not be as on par as WordPress or Blogspot, but it has enough tools to make it manageable. In addition, you can create podcasts that you could promote on your website. You may upload recordings of your podcasts to be hosted on the website and distributed to major podcasting platforms, such as iTunes Podcasts as well as Spotify. If you upload podcast episodes, you have two options: either release the podcast as a public one for free , or create an exclusive private version which only your subscribers can get access to. Kajabi Carousel
Marketing and Sales
Part of what makes Kajabi so popular among edupreneurs is its array of sales and marketing tools that are extremely convenient and simple enough for even those who aren’t marketing experts to use!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A big draw among the crowd, Kajabi’s built in email marketing feature allows you to send emails about your course and websites to your members who are subscribed students from the comfort of the platform. However, you might be amazed that it does more than simply send emails. With the aid with Kajabi Automations, you get to create automated sequences of e-mails triggered by various user actions. For instance, if your student successfully logs into one of your courses after checking out, a welcome message will be sent automatically directly to the student’s inbox. If the course performs poorly the course, an upsell will be delivered to offer suggestions for improvement Kajabi Carousel
You are able to create as many e-mails to your campaigns as you like and schedule each of them in accordance with your preferences. You can even select which of your members gets the messages. The management of e-mails has never been this extensive and yet simple to manage. In contrast to other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with tools for marketing e-mails that you don’t require the integration with third-party platforms to make things work.
Aside from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing feature that lets you assign certain members of your group as affiliates in order to advertise your website on behalf of you. Apart from paying them the commission rate, you may also track their performance to see how they can contribute to increasing your conversion rates and click rates. Kajabi Carousel
Another of Kajabi’s standouts can be one of the best features is Pipeline Builder, where you are able to design specialized marketing funnels that do not have any overly complicated problems. While other platforms have similar features that require more time and effort, this Pipeline Builder is designed to be so quick and easy that even those who aren’t experts can make better use of it. This feature is stunning and lets you choose from a collection of pre-made funnel designs or pipeline blueprints. This includes:
- Freebies are great for when you’d like to offer a freebie as a lead magnet to increase your email list
- Sales Page OVO – for when you need to persuade your audience to buy your product by utilizing the sales page
- Product Launch OVO is a great option for any time you’re launching a course or other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO is a great option for occasions when you need to advertise your product via web training seminars
- Free Book OVO – for anytime you’d like to showcase your content the free digital book that you can download
- Coaching Campaign OVO – for when you’re trying to promote your classes through a series of coaching sessions
- Blank blueprint – for whenever you want to build an effective sales funnel right from ground
When you choose from one of the blueprints for a pipeline Kajabi instantly creates pages and e-mails you will have to put together to make an effective sales funnel. You can customize how you would like your sales funnel to look to your customers. You may even change the theme of your checkout and landing pages, for example you can change the theme to something different – there is a library filled with 40+ templates for landing pages that you can choose from.
Optional Payment Options and Price
Kajabi lets you integrate seamlessly with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal so that your students can get to choose between the two to pay for your courses. Stripe is the common payment method that accepts debit and credit card transactions and certain e-wallet providers across the world. PayPal, on the other hand, is available as an option for subscriptions as well as multi-payment plans. There aren’t any charges for transactions on Kajabi’s side, as all your earnings will be immediately transferred to your bank account.
For the pricing, Kajabi provides customers a variety of pricing options to choose from. You can either cost your pupils for the products at various dates (one-time or subscription and several payments) or give them away to them for free. You even have the chance to choose whether you’re planning to charge a specific amount for a single item or for a variety of items, and specify specific dates your customers can access within a specific time frame. You can also create coupons to further motivate your audience to purchase the products you offer. Kajabi Carousel
Integration with Third-Party Services
Kajabi may have a plethora of built-in features to help you make and market your courses However, you can connect to third-party applications to provide an added boost in functionality. Kajabi currently has ten native integrations, including the well-known analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier comes in very handy since it allows you to establish connections with hundreds more tools and third-party apps from e-commerce to user experience.
Training and Support for Customers
In terms of customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over its competitors because it’s one of the only course creation platforms with live chat available 24/7 support. Unlike some similar services the Kajabi customer support team is always ready to assist you if you’re having difficulties in creating pages or courses, among other issues that are important, at any time and anywhere. It’s crucial to note that this 24/7 service is only available to instructors who are subscribed to the Growth plan upwards – for Basic users Live chat is available at specific times and on certain days on weekdays. Nonetheless, Kajabi’s approach to customer service has been well-received by many who use it to create relevant course content. Kajabi Carousel
As for tools to train, Kajabi provides you a variety of ways to resources that you can master and become familiar with. The Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, classes and informational content that are specifically geared towards teachers and edupreneurs who want to jumpstart or improve their standing in the world of course design. There are also weekly Q&A-style educational webinars featuring prominent experts from various areas as guests. Additionally when you’re looking for other advice and tricks assistance, the help section will be there to help you along the way. In addition to Kajabi’s Hero University, there is Kajabi’s Hero Rewards program in which course creators can earn numerous sweet rewards when they reach their targets.
What is the other thing that is missing from Kajabi?
Kajabi might be a fantastic all-in-one tool to design and sell your course material However, we need to look at a few crucial aspects that aren’t being addressed. Most of them would be extremely useful to enhance the user experience. These are some of the things that we wish would be added to Kajabi’s system in the near future:
- Built-in tools that issue certificates and certificates. While some provide this service instructors who utilize Kajabi frequently will require a connection to third-party software which specialize in issuance of certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we appreciate the way that the platform handles assessments within courses, we’d like for the lack of question type options and the randomization of those types that is addressed as soon as possible.
- Other payment options. As of this writing, only transactions via Stripe or PayPal are accepted. In addition, we aren’t sure if there are certain limits also.
- An API key that is public. This would have been useful for custom integrations, like letting your subscribed students log in with the single sign-in option in other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi might have the most of the features an Edupreneur could dream of. However, due to the high cost plan and a certain lack of features, it may make some people turn away. If you’re looking for alternatives with collective similarities with Kajabi in terms of reliability and performance We’ve provided a list of worthy alternatives that you might be considering in making your choice. Kajabi Carousel
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in-one solutions similar to Kajabi. The only distinction is in the cost that starts at $67/month You can design unlimited courses and market to your audience of choice without worrying about breaking the bank!
- Podia does not just claim to be a creator-friendly platform. It’s also extremely simple to use, and much more user-friendly than even Kajabi! Although you can make use of marketing features Podia is much less heavy than other. With the extremely affordable cost we can understand the ways Podia is a great choice for DIY entrepreneurs getting into the business.
- While Kajabi lacks credentials and more advanced features for quizzes, Thinkific makes up for the shortcomings. With its affordable price It certainly has higher-end features than the other has as well as live lessons and an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is like Thinkific in the manner it operates. However, it is important to understand the way that Teachable can integrate additional payment options, as it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay two gateways that Kajabi is not able to offer. It also lets you utilize one-on-one coaching as well as other essential features.
In the end, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park in terms of having nearly all the options that most entrepreneurs make use of. It certainly has all the features you need including the intuitive features needed to create a professional-looking website to the stellar integrated marketing suite, which includes the inclusion of easy-to-understand plans for sales funnels, as well as effective email marketing tools.
There may be a few tools missing, such as the issuance of certificates in particular. Plus with a steep cost, it might not be the right option for those with a tight budget. However, we understand that, while Kajabi does very well as an all-in-one solution for creating courses, it will always have limits. It doesn’t hinder it, however, from becoming a popular choice among established business owners and creators!
If you’re looking for an LMS that can provide everything you require on one platform, Kajabi is something you ought to seriously think about.
FAQ Kajabi Carousel
What is the meaning of Kajabi translate to?
The word “Kajabi” originates from the word “Kajabi,” which is of Islamic (or Arabic origin that means “to take flight.”
Can I sell physical products on Kajabi?
Yes! In addition to the normal programs, you can sell physical products on Kajabi. You can even integrate with Shopify to build a fully functional E-commerce store using the platform!
In terms of e-mail marketing, is it possible that Kajabi could be able to take over MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already comes with E-mail marketing tools integrated within the platform, it’s natural that it’s adequate to take over third-party apps such as MailChimp. However, if you do wish to utilize it, Kajabi still allows you to integrate with it and other apps as well.
Are you sure that Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even offers an app for mobile devices for you and your subscribed members have access to all course content even when you’re on the go. Kajabi Carousel