Hundreds of learning management system (LMS) platforms offer many crucial features that you can use when you write content that is meaningful. Although there are plenty of websites that allow you to utilize advanced marketing tools to promote your courses to your desired audience, some may not have most of those things. And while some offer easy-to-use course-building tools, there will also be few that may offer editing features that are so complicated that it turns off its users.
In the sea of e-course platforms, there are a few which offer more than just an easy editing interface, but also a plethora of marketing and sales functions. Additionally they also offer nearly all you can think of including 24/7 support and training materials to top-quality analytics. All-in-one platforms for courses allow you to go beyond the limits of your abilities One of them that offer it effortlessly is Kajabi.
A Quick Look Kajabi: What exactly is Kajabi? Become A Kajabi Expert
Kajabi can be described as an online service that lets you make and sell your course content to your student audience. The company is advertised as an all-in-one solution that provides entrepreneurs from all walks of life with optimized and essential features needed to not just build a professional-looking website for your courses , but help them rise to greater heights. Kajabi has been praised by the media and regarded as one of the top online courses platforms, earning an overwhelming score of 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so popular and well-liked among its users? Well, there are quite plenty of aspects that make this platform very convenient for everyone to use. Firstly, it’s the extreme user-friendliness. From the course creation to the marketing services almost all of Kajabi’s aspects can be easily digestible for people who are just getting started in the world of e-learning. A majority of them are advanced, giving administrating instructors an edge over the rest. Lastly, it lets budding entrepreneurs such as you manage and build courses without having to go elsewhere in case something isn’t available. Kajabi offers all the tools anyone may need in order to live up its ‘one stop shop’ moniker.
What Can It Do? Do?
There are many kinds of ways that Kajabi lets you do as an all-in-one e-course solution. We’ve compiled a list, in bullets of the most important attributes that you ought to keep an eye on when you’re thinking about using it. Simply put, Kajabi lets you:
- Create engaging and interactive courses using a variety of customizing tools such as media files, templates that you can pick according to your preference;
- Create a professional website that can present your course content and products and blogs to keep your students informed about the latest developments;
- Efficiently make use of landing pages, checkout pages, and other ways to improve your earnings, expand your reach beyond the limits and increase conversion rates.
- Select the method you want to bill your courses and other products to your students – whether it’s a one-time fee or a monthly subscription;
- Build effective sales funnels without any difficulties by making use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Make use of its internal marketing and analytics suite that includes email marketing and CRM as well as automated tools.
- Manage and create your affiliate links.
- Explore an array of customer service, community and training tools and features, including Kajabi University.
Big Names That Have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted by over 16,000 businesses and celebrities. It’s the go-to choice for many of the most well-known people who come from different industries, such as online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard and fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is the home of thousands on thousands of courses that are used and explored by more than 35 million students from across the globe. At the time of the time this article was written, Kajabi boasts more than $650 million of revenue since its establishment in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing plans that Kajabi provides are different than other online course creation tools in that they’re much more expensive. With monthly rates that start as low as $119, it’s no wonder that it can be a hindrance for some who like to give the service a shot. But considering the huge amount of important features included in every plan, the price is reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start by offering the Basic plan priced at $149 per month or $119/mo when billed annually. In this plan, you get to create three products, gain a maximum of 1,000 active customers, and create your own website you can customize with tools fully provided by the platform. Also included are unlimited pages for landing pages, unlimited marketing e-mails as well as unlimited access to helpful resources, including one-on-one customer support and Kajabi University.
In addition to the Basic plan, there’s the Growth plan which is the platform’s most popular offer at $199 a month or $159/mo when paid annually, and the Pro plan for $399 per month or $319/month annually, which is filled with every feature you’d like when you are creating and selling your courses. Kajabi does not currently offer a free plan option. However, a 14-day no-cost trial is offered for each of the three plans. A longer trial of for up to 30 days also available on selected blogs. If you’re looking to test the waters and see if Kajabi’s the right fit for you, then the brief free trial is the best method to start.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Love About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s marketing suite in-house of tools, such as email marketing and automation are specifically designed to be designed for businesses, so you don’t have to connect with other third-party services to do that!
- The software for sales funnels. Another of the platform’s best-selling points The Pipeline Builder. Pipeline Builder lets you make use of tested and accessible blueprint templates. No need to get too complicated!
- Customization without limits. From designing professional-looking course websites up to the customized domain, Kajabi lets you customize to your hearts content and even create your own brand from scratch.
- The easy and intuitive website along with course editors. Making content using the site and the course builder software has never been this simple and fast, since it requires less time and effort to finish the job.
- Infinite integrations are endless. Aside from native integrations that integrate with ten e-commerce, marketing, and analytics tools, connecting to Zapier’s app allows you to explore and choose from more than a thousand non-native platforms to increase effectiveness.
- Making lasting connections with your students and instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature lets you interact with students enrolled in your classes. It also lets you connect, network, and celebrate with a multitude of teachers in the same position as you.
The Cons – Things We Don’t Like
- The pricing plans are hefty. Three pricing options offered by Kajabi cost higher than the typical monthly prices that other providers offer. There’s no free option available as well.
- There is no built-in tool to issue certificates. You may need to connect to a third party certificate app if you plan to make custom-designed certificates of different kinds.
- Not enough tools for student-instructor engagement. We aren’t happy with the absence of some particular features, like proper discussion forums and the ability to randomly distribute the assignments or quizzes. Become A Kajabi Expert
A Review of Kajabi’s Features
Ease of Use and Experience
One thing that we like one thing we like about Kajabi is its surprisingly simple user experience. First, the majority of the platform’s User Interface (UI) is structured. If you check the screen menu, you’ll see that the functions are arranged into five main sections: Website Products, Sales, Marketing, and People. The menu’s design leaves no space for obstruction, since some of the elements that are associated with the specific section can be collapsed. The UI style is very uniform, reflecting Kajabi’s ‘all-in-one’ brand name. You can create a landing page, modify your course and communicate with your instructors through one website.
It has a search assistant tool that can be useful whenever you want to look for something that is difficult to locate. The Kajabi Assistant is found at the top part of the dashboard, in the form of a search bar and it lets you look for tools and items within the site by typing in the words. Like we said that both the Kajabi website builder and course builder sections can be dragged and dropped and make the process much easier without having to know how to navigate it. Kajabi is more user-friendly and has a less arduous learning curve than several of its peers. It is also compatible with other languages than English for those who want to expose your content to broader viewers.
Course Development and Engagement
If you take a look at Kajabi’s courses creation feature, you’ll soon encounter a list of product or course templates, or what the platform calls it blueprints. Each blueprint for a product is different in its structure and style and is readily tailored to fit any instructor’s needs.
In the blueprints that are listed are Mini Courses as well as Online Courses, and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form , quick courses, which are typically designed as a way to build brand recognition, while online Courses are full-version versions with a full content structure created to offer an “world-class” education experience. Drip courses on the other hand, are courses which are planned over a set series of days or weeks. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s an efficient method of sharing your content if you and your students are busy with other things.
Kajabi might be regarded by many as a renowned premium course maker. Apart from course types, the product blueprints also allow you to create a membership area that allows your customers to access exclusive content and a coaching session that spans 12 weeks. There’s also a blank template that allows you to create an entire course or product from the ground up!
Categories, Posts, and Content Uploads
As you further explore the course builder you will notice an outline of sections and lessons that have been automatically included when you select one of the blueprints for your course. In the case of Kajabi, these parts and the lessons known as groups and posts or. Posts are the places where you insert various types of content including text, video images, and text, while the categories act as folders for the posts that are kept.
You can also include subcategories of posts under one category in order to structure your content flexibly. You can also move and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a broad range of text and media files to be added to your posts, such as MOV and MP4 files WAV and MP3 files PDFs, and even Word documents. You can upload all of them directly through your computer’s folders or via cloud-based file sharing platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can even duplicate and paste URLs of your videos to your blog posts!
Like a few select platform for making courses, Kajabi allows you to use the bulk upload feature. Similar to the name it allows you to upload all your files to your course in the same tab. This can be useful especially when you’re doing other important stuff.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi has a variety of 10+ themes for courses. In contrast to other LMS platforms, where you’re allowed to select the theme you want to use, Kajabi lets you have the choice of selecting various themes for the various products. Similar to the course outline builder, it’s relatively simple to modify any theme to fit your style. You can also incorporate elements of your company’s image including logos images, fonts, and design into your course player to cultivate your own personal style. Become A Kajabi Expert
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi has a quiz feature called Assessments. It allows you to design and create assignments and quizzes and include them as part of your curriculum. Assessments are an effective way to assess if your students learned something from the lessons you’ve provided them. With the assessments feature, you can choose between the three primary types of questions: multiple-choice multi-selection, or paragraph-style. You can even create an acceptable score to encourage your students to engage with your content more.
Aside from that, in addition, the LMS website also has made strides in creating spaces for teachers and students to communicate. Through the Community feature students have access to participate and leave comments on any of your courses through their dashboards. It is possible to write your blog posts to discuss with other students your previous lessons and also your future content. The community feature can be accessed either as a standalone item or as a part of your membership.
Website Design and Customization
Why would you want to publish your course content with your domain name as well as WordPress website when Kajabi has the platform and the tools to build one on the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting on the 3 pricing options. What’s great about this is you’re guaranteed immediate security and security through an automated SSL certification and the support of a team to manage your website.
You also have the option to modify your domain as well as pick from a range of unique, professional themes, which you can modify to your heart’s content! This doesn’t stop there. If you’re an expert in edupreneurship and signed to the Growth plan and above you are able to import custom-made themes built to fit your ever-expanding needs as well as take away the Kajabi brand names and then replace that with your own!
Just like the course builders we’ve talked about earlier, Kajabi’s page builder allows you to modify any of the available website themes with a suite of intuitive and easy-to-handle editing tools. If you continue to explore, you will be greeted with a variety of customizable blocks and sections. They’re essentially like those categories as well as posts from when we’ve discussed the course builder. Blocks are the components that comprise the site’s content, such as text, media files, as well as clickable button. Sections are, however are made up of multiple well-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 pre-designed section templates that can be picked from the dashboard of the page builder. As we’re all glued to our smartphones and tablets, it makes total sense for Kajabi to make your website automatically adjust to mobile-friendly layout. You can go an extra mile and select which site element you wish members to view. With all the tools you need to build your site however you want it to appear the page builder from Kajabi is not only super flexible but also fast to use.
Blogging and Other Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not have this feature, but Kajabi lets you create sections of your website dedicated to your blog where you can share updates and thoughts about your course’s content. If you’re looking to make the most out the Kajabi-made website this service offers you the opportunity to do so without limits. You can get started with the blog post by making one with an editor for text. You can include SEO elements if you’d like to reach a larger audience, group your posts into different categories, and even alter the way you would like your blog’s entire section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging tools might not be on the same level as WordPress or Blogspot, but it has enough tools to be manageable. Additionally, you can also create podcasts to promote on your website. You can upload audio recordings of your podcast to be hosted on the site and distributed to the major podcasting platforms like Apple Podcasts and Spotify. When uploading a podcast episode there are two options: release it as a public podcast free of charge or create an exclusive private version that only your members have access to. Become A Kajabi Expert
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
A big part of what makes Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is its slew of marketing and sales tools that are extremely convenient and simple enough for even those who aren’t marketing experts to use!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A major draw for the crowd, Kajabi’s built in email marketing feature allows you to send emails about your course and websites to your members who are subscribed students while seated on the platform. You might be surprised that it does more than sending e-mails. With the help from Kajabi Automations, you get to build automated sequences of e-mails initiated by different types of user actions. For instance, if your student logs in successfully to one of your classes after checking out, a welcome message will be sent automatically directly to the student’s inbox. If another course is not performing then an upsell message is delivered to offer suggestions for improvement Become A Kajabi Expert
You can create as many e-mails for the campaign you like and schedule each of them in accordance to your preference. You can choose which of your members gets to receive these messages. E-mail management has never been this complete and easy to manage. Unlike other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with e-mail marketing tools that wouldn’t have to worry about the integration with third-party platforms to make things work.
In addition, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing option that lets you assign certain members of yours as affiliates in order to promote your content on your behalf. Apart from paying them a commission, you may also track their performance to see how well they contribute to increasing your conversion rates and click rates. Become A Kajabi Expert
Another of Kajabi’s standouts can be its Pipeline Builder, where you are able to design specialized marketing funnels without a lot of problems. While other platforms offer similar features, which require more effort and time however, this Pipeline Builder is designed to be so quick and easy that even the uninitiated can make better use of it. This feature is stunning and lets you choose from a collection of pre-made funnel blueprints or templates for pipelines. These include the following:
- Freebie – for whenever you want to offer an offer as a lead magnet to grow your email list
- Sales Page OVO – for whenever you want to convince your intended customers to purchase your product through a sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use any time you’re launching a course or any other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – to use whenever you want to promote your business through web-based training seminars
- Free Book OVO – to use any time you wish to market your content an online book for free download.
- Coaching Campaign OVO – to use any time you’re promoting your courses by means of a series of coaching sessions
- Blank plan – to use whenever you’re looking to create the sales funnel you want from starting
Once you select from any of the pipeline blueprints Kajabi will automatically generate pages and e-mails that you’ll have to put together to make an effective sales funnel. You can customize how you wish your funnel to appear to your audience. You may even change the theme of your landing and checkout pages, for instance you can change the theme to something different The library is with more than 40 templates for landing pages that you can pick from.
Payment and Pricing Options
Kajabi lets you seamlessly integrate with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal to ensure that your students can choose between them when they pay for your classes. Stripe is the common payment method that accepts credit and debit card transactions as well as various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal however, on the contrary on the other hand, is an option for subscriptions and multi-payment plans. There are no pressing transaction fees on Kajabi’s part because all your earnings are immediately sent into your account at the banks.
For pricing options, Kajabi gives you a wide range of pricing options. You can either make your student pay for products at different time frames (one-time subscription, one-time, or multi-payments) or hand them out for free. You even have the chance to select if you’re going to charge a specific amount for a single item or for a variety of products, as well as establish specific dates for your students can access your products within a specific time frame. You also get to generate coupons that will further encourage your target audience to buy the products you offer. Become A Kajabi Expert
Integration with Third-Party Services
Kajabi has a variety of built-in tools to make and market your courses However, you have the option to connect to third-party applications to provide an additional boost of functions. Kajabi currently has ten native integrations, including the well-known analytics service Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier comes in very handy as it helps establish connections with hundreds more tools and third-party apps that range from e-commerce to user experiences.
Training and Customer Support Resources
When it comes to customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over other platforms because it’s among the few course creation platforms that offer 24/7 live chat support. Contrary to similar services that offer customer support, Kajabi’s team is available to assist you when you’re having difficulties in creating pages or courses, among other issues that are important, at any time and wherever. However, it’s important to note that this 24 hour support is available to instructors who are subscribed to the Growth plan up to for basic users live Chat support can be scheduled for specific times and on certain days during the day. Nonetheless, Kajabi’s approach to customer service has been praised by many of the instructors who use it to create useful educational content. Become A Kajabi Expert
As for tools to train, Kajabi provides you a variety of ways to access resources that you can learn and get used to. Kajabi Hero University Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses and informational content that are specifically designed for educators and edupreneurs, to help them gain traction or boost their position in the world of course design. Additionally, you can attend every day Q&A webinars that feature leading experts from different fields as guests, plus when you’re looking for other tips and tricks assistance, the help section will be there to help you on your way. Alongside Kajabi’s Hero University, there is also a Kajabi Hero Rewards program, where course creators get rewarded with numerous sweet rewards when they achieve their targets.
What is the other thing that is missing from Kajabi?
Kajabi may be a great all-in-one solution to create and sell your course material, but we have to address a few vital things that are not being addressed. The majority of these would be extremely useful to improve the experience. Here are the following things we would like to see included in the Kajabi system shortly:
- Built-in tools that issue certificates and other credentials. While some offer this feature, instructors who use Kajabi will often require a connection to third-party applications which specialize in issuance of certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we are pleased with the way that the platform handles assessments within courses, we’d like for the lack of options for question types and the randomization of those types that is addressed as soon as possible.
- Additional payment options. At the time of writing there are only two options for transactions: Stripe as well as PayPal can be accepted. Not only that, we don’t understand why there are limits too.
- A public API key. This could have been helpful for custom integrations, for example, the ability to let your subscribers login using a single sign-in feature with other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi may have essentially most of the features any aspiring Edupreneur would ever want to have. But with the steep price plan, and the lack in terms of functionality, the site may make some people turn away. If you’re looking for alternatives that share commonalities with Kajabi regarding reliability and performance We’ve provided a list of worthy competitors you might want to consider in making your choice. Become A Kajabi Expert
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in-one services similar to Kajabi. The only major difference is the price – starting at only $67/month You are able to create unlimited courses and advertise your course to the right audience without worrying about spending a dime!
- Podia doesn’t just claim to be user-friendly. It’s also extremely easy to use, far easier than even Kajabi! Although you can benefit from marketing features, it’s much lighter than other. With the extremely affordable price range it’s easy to see how Podia is a great choice for individuals who are just starting out in the business.
- While Kajabi isn’t a reputable platform and lacks more advanced features for quizzes, Thinkific makes up for these features. With its affordable price It certainly has more industry-level functions than the other has, and this includes live lessons and a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is similar to Thinkific in the manner it functions. However, we must appreciate how Teachable is able to incorporate additional payment options since it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay two gateways that Kajabi does not have. You can also avail one-on-one training and other key features.
All in all, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park for providing nearly all of the features that most edupreneurs can use. It does provide the basic features that everyone needs including the intuitive features needed to create a professional-looking web pages to the fantastic integrated marketing suite, which includes the addition of simple sales funnel blueprints and efficient marketing tools for e-mails.
There are a few tools missing like the issue of certificates specifically. With a high cost, it may not be the best choice among the budget-conscious. We do recognize that while Kajabi is great as an all-in one solution for course creation, it will always have limitations. However, that doesn’t stop it however, from becoming an extremely popular choice for established entrepreneurs and creators!
If you’re looking to find an LMS that offers everything you require in one place, Kajabi is something you ought to seriously consider.
FAQ Become A Kajabi Expert
What does the word Kajabi refer to?
The word “Kajabi” originates from a word of Islamic as well as Arabic origin that means “to fly.”
Can I sell physical goods on Kajabi?
Yes! Aside from the usual programs, you can sell physical products through Kajabi. It is possible to connect with Shopify to build a fully functional E-commerce store using Kajabi!
Regarding marketing via e-mail Is it possible that Kajabi could replace MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already has the tools for marketing via email built into the platform, it makes sense that it’s sufficient to replace third-party programs like MailChimp. However, if you intend to make use of the platform, Kajabi still allows you to integrate with it and other applications too.
Is Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even offers an app for mobile devices for you and the members who have subscribed can access your entire course materials even when in the move. Become A Kajabi Expert