A myriad of learning management systems (LMS) platforms offer various important features can be utilized when creating content of high quality. While there may be plenty of sites that let you utilize advanced marketing tools to advertise classes to your intended viewers, other platforms may not have most of those things. And while some offer easy-to-use course-building tools, there will also be some that offer editing features that are so complicated that they turn off their users.
Within the sea of online course platforms There are some which offer more than just a simple editing interface, but also a plethora of marketing and sales functions. And on top of that they provide you with nearly everything you’d ever want, from 24/7 help and training tools to top-of-the-line analytics. All-in-one course platforms let you go beyond the limits of your abilities and one of the platforms that offer it effortlessly is Kajabi.
A Quick Look Kajabi: What exactly is Kajabi? Kajabi Cindy Childress
Kajabi can be described as an online service that allows you to create and sell your courses to an audience of students. Branded as an all-in-one service that provides entrepreneurs from all walks of life with optimized and essential features needed to not just build a professional-looking website for your courses but also allow them to grow to new heights. Kajabi is widely praised and regarded as one of the best online courses platforms, earning an overwhelming positive rating with a score of 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so well-liked and appreciated among its users? It’s true that there are numerous aspects that make this platform extremely convenient for all to use. First, it’s the simplicity of usage. From course creation to the marketing services almost all of the Kajabi features can be easily digestible even for those who are just getting started in the world of e-learning. The majority of them are advanced, which gives instructors who administer the course an edge over other instructors. In addition this allows students like you run and develop a course-making business without having to travel elsewhere in case something isn’t available. Kajabi offers all the tools anyone may need and is a true testament to its ‘one-stop shop’ moniker.
What Can It Do? Do?
There are many kinds of options that Kajabi allows you to create an all-in-one e-learning solution. We’ve compiled a list, in bullet points of the key features that you may want to keep an eye on if you’re considering the option. In simple terms, Kajabi allows you:
- Create engaging and interactive classes using a range of tools for customizing, media files, and templates that you can choose in accordance with your personal preferences.
- Create a professional website that can display your course materials and other products along with blogs to keep your students updated on what else is new;
- Efficiently make use of landing pages, checkout pages, and other methods to increase your earnings, expand your reach beyond the limits and boost conversion rates;
- Select the method you want to invoice your courses and other products to your students – whether it’s one-time payments or a monthly subscription
- Design and build effective sales funnels without any problems through the use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Use its own marketing and analytics suite that includes email marketing, CRM, and automation tools;
- Create and manage your affiliate links.
- Explore a wide variety of customer service, community and training materials in conjunction with Kajabi University.
Famous Names that have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted by more than 16,000 companies and celebrities. It’s the choice of several well-known personalities that are from various industries, such as online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi hosts thousands on thousands of courses accessed and explored by over 35 million students from all over the world. As of this the time this article was written, Kajabi boasts more than $650 million of revenue since its establishment in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing plans Kajabi provides are very different from other online course-making services in that they’re more costly. With monthly costs that begin at just $119, it’s no wonder why it can be a hindrance for some who might like to give the service a shot. With the abundance of essential features already packed within every plan, the price is reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin by offering the Basic plan that costs $149 per month or $119/mo if billed annually. This plan lets you get to create three products, reach a maximum of 1,000 active customers, and design your own website you can customize with tools fully provided by the platform. Additionally, you get unlimited landing websites, indefinite marketing e-mails, and unlimited access to useful resources, such as one-on-one customer service and Kajabi University.
In addition to The Basic Plan, there is the Growth plan which is Kajabi’s most popular plan for $199 per month or $159/mo if paid annually, as well as the Pro plan, which costs $399 per month or $319/month yearly and is packed to the brim with all the features you’d like when designing and selling your course. Kajabi is currently not offering any free plans. There is however a fourteen-day no-cost trial is available for each of the three plans. A longer trial of for up to 30 days also offered on select blogs. If you’re looking to try the service to determine if Kajabi is the right choice for you, then the brief trial offer is the best way to go.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Love About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s own marketing suite of tools, which includes automated e-mail marketing, and automation are designed to be optimized for business, and you don’t have to connect with any other third-party service for that!
- The software that creates sales funnels. Another of the platform’s best-selling points The Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of tested and understood blueprint templates – no need to be overly complicated!
- Customization without limits. From the creation of professional-looking courses up to the customized name, Kajabi lets you customize to your heart’s content – and even build your brand from scratch.
- The simple and intuitive site as well as course editor. Making content using the website and course creator software was never this easy and quick, as it takes less effort and time to finish the job.
- Infinite integrations are endless. In addition to native integrations to the ten marketing, e-commerce and analytics solutions, connecting to Zapier’s app lets you to look and select from more than one thousand non-native platforms to increase effectiveness.
- Establishing meaningful relationships with your students and instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature lets you interact with students in any of your courses. It also lets you make connections, network and celebrate with tons of teachers in the same shoes as you.
The Cons – Things We Don’t Like
- The steep pricing plans. Three pricing options offered by Kajabi cost more than the typical monthly prices that other providers offer. There’s not a free option either.
- There are no built-in tools for issuance of certificates. You may need to connect to a third party certificate software if you want to create custom-made ones of different kinds.
- Insufficient tools for instructor-student engagement. We aren’t happy with the absence of certain features, like adequate discussion forums, as well as the ability to randomly distribute quizzes or assignments. Kajabi Cindy Childress
The Review of Kajabi’s features
Ease of Use and Experience
One thing that we like one thing we like about Kajabi is its surprisingly simple user experience. First, the majority of the platform’s users interface (UI) is well-organized. If you check the dashboard menu, you will notice that all features are arranged into five main sections – Website, Products, Sales, Marketing and People. The design of the menu is clear and free of clutter, as some aspects that belong to a specified section are collapsible. The UI design is very consistent that reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-1” trademark. You get to create an online landing page, change your course, and even engage with other instructors through one website.
The search assistant is a tool that comes in handy anytime you’re looking for something difficult to find. The Kajabi Assistant is found at the top part of the dashboard in the shape that of a bar for searching and allows you to search for specific tools and products within the website by typing in the words. As previously mentioned, both Kajabi’s site builder and course builder sections can be dragged and dropped and make the process much easier without having to know how to navigate the site. Kajabi is more user-friendly and has a less arduous learning curve compared to some of its competitors. It is also compatible with other languages that English if you wish to present your content to wider audience.
Course Development and Engagement
Once you explore Kajabi’s course creation feature, you’ll soon encounter a list of product or course templates, or, as the platform calls it, blueprints. Each of the blueprints for products varies in structure and type and can be customized to suit the needs of instructors.
The blueprints listed are Mini Courses and Online Courses as well as Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form , quick courses which are generally designed as a way to build brand value, while Online Courses are full-version versions with a complete content structure that are designed to provide a “world-class” educational experience. Drip courses, on other hand, are programs that are scheduled over an established period of days or weeks. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s a much more convenient way to share your content when you as well as your students are occupied with other things.
Kajabi might be regarded by many as a well-known premium course-maker. However, in addition to the course types, the product blueprints also allow you to create a membership area for your members to enjoy exclusive content and a coaching session that spans 12 weeks. The template is also blank which allows you to design your own course or product from scratch!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
If you continue to explore the course builder, you will notice the outline of the sections and lessons that were automatically added when you select any of the course blueprints. In the case of Kajabi, these segments and classes are referred to as post categories as well as category, or. The posts are where you put in different types of content, including text, video and images, whereas the categories serve as folders in which the posts are kept.
You can also include subcategories for posts in the same category, if you wish to organize your content more flexiblely. You can drag and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a variety of text and media files that can be used to add to your posts, such as MOV and MP4 files, WAV and MP3 files PDFs as well as Word documents. You can upload all of them directly via your computer’s folders, or via cloud-based file sharing platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can copy and paste existing URLs for your videos into your blog posts!
As with a handful of other platforms for creating courses, Kajabi allows you to use the feature of bulk uploads. Like the name implies that you can upload all the files you have uploaded to your course in the same tab. This can be useful, especially if you’re busy doing other important stuff.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi provides a selection of more than 10 themes for courses. Unlike other LMS platforms where you’re only allowed to select only one of three theme options, Kajabi lets you have the freedom to choose various themes for the various products. Like the outline maker, it’s easy to customize any of the themes to suit your personal style. You can even incorporate details of your company’s image like your logo images, fonts, and designs into the course player to add a an individual touch. Kajabi Cindy Childress
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi has a quiz feature called Assessments where you get to create quizzes and assignments and include them as part of your class. Assessments can be a great method of determining the extent to which your students gained from the course you’ve taught them. With the assessments feature, you get to choose between the three primary types of questions: multiple-choice multiple-selection, and paragraph-style. You can also set a passing score to motivate your students to be more engaged with your content more.
Aside from that in addition, in addition, the LMS website has made progress in creating spaces for students and teachers to connect. With the Community feature, your learners are given access to interact and comment on any of your courses through their dashboards. You can also write your posts to discuss with your fellow students about your lessons from the past and your upcoming content. The community feature can be accessed either as a stand-alone product or as an element of membership area.
Website Design and Customization
Why would you want to publish your course content to your web domain or WordPress web site when Kajabi provides the platform and tools you need to create one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting on all 3 pricing options. The best part is that you’re guaranteed immediate security and security through the automatic SSL certification as well as a team to help maintain your website.
You also have the option to modify your domain as well as choose from a wide array of unique, professional themes that you can personalize to your heart’s content! It doesn’t stop there: If you’re an expert edupreneur and have signed up to the Growth plan or higher you can import custom-made themes built to fit your ever-expanding needs, plus eliminate any Kajabi branding and replace that with your custom-designed theme!
Like the course builder we’ve mentioned earlier, the page builder from Kajabi allows you to alter any of the given themes on the website using a variety of easy-to-use and user-friendly editing tools. Upon further exploration, you will be greeted with a variety of customizable blocks and sections. They’re essentially like the categories and posts we discussed when we’ve discussed the course builder. Blocks are referred to as the elements that compose the content of the website, such as text, media files or clickable icons. Sections are, however, are formed by multiple carefully-arranged blocks.
There are more than 40 pre-designed section templates that can be picked from the page builder’s dashboard. We’re all hooked to our smartphones and small tablets these days it’s logical to use Kajabi to let your site automatically adjust to a mobile layout. You can go an extra mile by picking which site element you wish members to see. With all the tools you need to build your site however you want it to look the page builder from Kajabi is not just extremely flexible, but also fast to use.
Blogging and Other Useful Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not have this feature, however Kajabi allows you to make a section of your website specifically for your blog. There, you can share updates and thoughts on the content of your course. If you’re looking to get the most of your Kajabi-made site this service offers you the opportunity to post your blog posts without limitations. You can get started with posting blog content by making one using the text editor. You may incorporate SEO elements if you’d like to reach a larger audience or group your posts into various categories, and even customize how you want your entire blog section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging tools may not be as on the same level as WordPress or Blogspot, but it has enough tools to be manageable. In addition, you can create podcasts that you could promote on your website. You may upload recordings of your podcasts to be hosted on your website and distributed to the major podcasting platforms, such as Apple Podcasts and Spotify. When you upload a podcast episode there are two choices: publish it as a public podcast for free or make an exclusive private version that only your users are able to access. Kajabi Cindy Childress
Marketing and Sales
Part of what makes Kajabi so popular among edupreneurs is its array of sales and marketing tools that are supremely easy and straightforward to even non- marketing experts to make use of!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A big draw among the crowd, Kajabi’s built in e-mail marketing function allows you to send e-mails related to your course and website to your subscribers students while seated on the platform. However, you might be amazed by the fact that it goes beyond simply send emails. With the aid of Kajabi Automations, you get to create automated sequences of e-mails that are triggered by various user actions. For example, when a student logs in successfully to one of your courses after checkout, a welcome e-mail will be automatically delivered directly to the student’s inbox. If another underperforms then an upsell message is delivered to offer suggestions for improvement Kajabi Cindy Childress
You can create as many e-mails to the campaign you like and schedule each of them according to your preferences. You can choose the members you want the messages. The management of e-mails has never been this complete and easy to manage. Unlike other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with tools for marketing e-mails that you wouldn’t have to worry about connecting to other third-party platforms to make things work.
Apart from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing function that lets you assign certain members of your group as affiliates in order to in promoting your site on your behalf. In addition to paying them the commission rate, you may also track their performance to determine how well they contribute to increasing your conversion and click rates. Kajabi Cindy Childress
Another of Kajabi’s notable features are its Pipeline Builder, where you can create custom marketing funnels without a lot of issues. While other platforms have similar features, which require more time and effort, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even those who aren’t experts are able to make the most of it. This feature is stunning and lets you select from a collection of pre-made funnel designs or pipeline blueprints. These include the following:
- Freebies are great for when you’d like to provide a freebie as a lead magnet to build your database.
- Sales Page OVO – for when you need to persuade your audience to buy your product via an online sales page
- Product Launch OVO – for any time you’re launching a course or any other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – for occasions when you need to advertise your product via web training seminars
- Free Book OVO is a great resource for any time you wish to promote your content with the free digital book that you can download
- Coaching Campaign OVO – to use whenever you’re promoting your courses by means of the use of coaching sessions
- Blank design – for when you want to build an effective sales funnel right from ground
Once you select from any of the blueprints for your pipeline Kajabi instantly creates a set of pages and e-mails that you’ll need to pull off an effective sales funnel. You can alter the way you want your pipeline to appear to your audience. You may even change the look of your landing and checkout pages, for instance you can change the theme to something different There is a library with more than 40 pages templates you can pick from.
Prices and Payment Methods
Kajabi allows you to integrate seamlessly with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal to ensure that your students are able to select between the two to pay for your course. Stripe is the common payment method that accepts debit and credit card transactions as well as certain e-wallet providers across the world. PayPal however, on the contrary hand, is available as an option to subscribe as well as multi-payment plans. There aren’t any transaction fees on Kajabi’s part, as all your earnings will be immediately transferred into your account at the banks.
In terms of pricing options, Kajabi gives customers a variety of pricing options of options to select from. You can either make your student pay for products at different time frames (one-time subscription, one-time, or multi-payments) or hand them out to them for free. You also have the option to select if you’re going to charge a set amount for one product or a number of products, and specify specific dates your members can access within a specific period of time. You can also create coupons that will further encourage your customers to purchase any of your offers. Kajabi Cindy Childress
Integrations to Third-Party Services
Kajabi has a variety of built-in tools to develop and promote your courses however, you also have the option of connecting to third-party apps for an additional boost of functions. The platform currently supports ten native integrations, including the well-known analytics service Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier is extremely useful since it allows you to establish connections to hundreds of third-party applications and tools, ranging that range from e-commerce to user experiences.
Training and Support for Customers
When it comes to customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over its competitors because it’s one of the few course creation platforms which provide 24/7 live chat support. Unlike some similar services, Kajabi’s customer support team is always available to help you whenever you’re having difficulties in creating pages or courses, among other crucial issues, anytime and wherever. However, it’s important to mention that this 24-hour support is available to instructors who subscribe to the Growth plan upwards – for Basic users, live Chat support can be scheduled for certain times and times on weekdays. Nonetheless, Kajabi’s approach to customer service has been praised by many of the instructors who use it to develop meaningful course content. Kajabi Cindy Childress
In terms of tools for training, Kajabi gives you a variety of ways to resources that you can master and then become proficient with. The Kajabi Hero University is packed with courses, tutorials and informational content that are specifically designed for educators and edupreneurs who want to get started or increase their position in the field of course development. There are also every day Q&A webinars that feature top experts from various areas as guests. Additionally when you’re looking for additional tips and tricks assistance, the help section is always there to guide you along the way. In addition to Kajabi’s Hero University, there is also a Kajabi Hero Rewards program, where course creators get rewarded with tons of sweet perks as they achieve their objectives.
What else is missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi could be an excellent all-in-one solution to create and sell your course material however, we must address a few vital things that are not being addressed. Most of them would have been very useful to enhance the user experience. These are some of the things we’d like to see included in the Kajabi system shortly:
- Built-in tools for issuance of certificates and other credentials. While some offer this feature instructors who utilize Kajabi often will still require a connection to third-party applications that specialize in issuing certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we appreciate the way that the platform handles assessments within the course, we would like that the absence of options for question types and the randomization of those types and their randomization to be resolved as quickly as possible.
- Other payment options. As of the moment, only transactions via Stripe and PayPal will be accepted. Not only that, we don’t appreciate how there are limits as well.
- A public API key. This would have been useful for custom integrations, for example, letting your subscribed students log in with the single sign-in feature with other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi may have essentially most of the features an edupreneur could ever dream of. However, due to the high cost plan, and the lack in terms of functionality, the site could cause some to be turned off. If you’re seeking alternatives that have similarity in comparison to Kajabi in terms of performance and reliability, we’ve listed some worthy competitors you might want to consider in making your choice. Kajabi Cindy Childress
- New Zenler is an online course platform that offers all-in-one services that are similar to Kajabi. The only significant distinction is in the cost beginning at just $67 per month, you can create unlimited courses and sell your course to the right audience without worrying about spending a dime!
- Podia doesn’t just claim to be user-friendly. It’s also very easy to use, far easier than Kajabi! While you get to make use of marketing features Podia is much less heavy than Kajabi. However, when you consider the budget-friendly price range it’s easy to imagine how Podia will appeal to individuals who are just starting out in the business.
- While Kajabi isn’t a reputable platform and lacks sophisticated quiz functions, Thinkific makes up for them. With its affordable price, it sure does offer more industry-level functions than Kajabi, and this includes live lesson courses and an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is similar to Thinkific in the manner it works. But, we need to appreciate how the former can incorporate additional payment options since it accepts Google Pay and Apple Pay which are two gateways Kajabi is not able to offer. It also lets you utilize one-on-one coaching as well as other essential features.
Overall, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park in terms of having nearly all the options that most entrepreneurs use. It does provide the basic features that everyone needs including the intuitive features needed to create a professional-looking website to the stellar integrated marketing suite that includes the ability to understand diagrams of sales funnels as well as efficient e-mail marketing tools.
There are a few tools that are missing like the issuance of certificates specifically. With a high cost, it might not be the wise option for those with a tight budget. However, we understand that even though Kajabi performs well in being an all-in-one solution for creating courses, it will always have limitations. However, that doesn’t stop it however, from becoming an extremely popular choice for established entrepreneurs and creators!
If you’re looking for an LMS that gives you all you require on one platform, Kajabi is something you ought to seriously look into.
FAQ Kajabi Cindy Childress
What does the word Kajabi mean?
The term “Kajabi” derives from a word with Islamic as well as Arabic origin which means “to take flight.”
Can I sell physical products on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard programs, you can sell physical products on Kajabi. It is possible to join with Shopify to build a fully functional E-commerce store using the platform!
In terms of e-mail marketing is it possible Kajabi can be able to replace MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already includes e-mail marketing tools built within the platform, it’s natural that it’s adequate to take over third-party apps like MailChimp. However, if you want to use it, Kajabi still allows you to connect it with other applications as well.
Is Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has an app that can be downloaded on mobile to ensure that you and the members who have subscribed can access all your course content even when you’re in the move. Kajabi Cindy Childress