Hundreds of learning management system (LMS) platforms offer various important features you can utilize when you write content that is meaningful. While there may be plenty of websites that allow you to make use of modern marketing tools to advertise the courses you offer to your desired audience, some may not have most of those things. And while some offer easy-to-use course-building tools, there will be a few that have an editing experience so complicated that it turns its users off.
Among a sea of e-course platforms, there are a few which offer more than just a simple editing interface, but also a plethora of marketing and sales functions. In addition to that they offer nearly everything you’d ever want including 24/7 support and training tools to top-of-the-line analytics. All-in-one courses let you explore beyond your limits and one of the platforms that offer it effortlessly is Kajabi.
At a Glance: Kajabi: What exactly is Kajabi? Kajabi Circa Lighting
Kajabi can be described as an online service that allows you to make and sell your course content to your student audience. It is marketed as a complete service, Kajabi provides edupreneurs from all kinds of industries with the best and necessary features that will not only create a professional website for your courses but let them grow to greater heights. Kajabi is widely praised and is regarded as one of the most effective online courses platforms, earning an overwhelming score from 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so popular and well-liked by its users? There are numerous reasons that make the platform extremely convenient for all to use. First, it’s the ease of use. From course creation to marketing and sales the majority of the Kajabi features have been designed so that they are easily digestible for people who are only beginning to get started in the e-course world. The majority of them are advanced, giving administrating instructors the added edge over other instructors. Lastly this allows students such as you manage and build an online course without the need to look elsewhere if anything else is not available. Kajabi has all the available tools anyone may need in order to live up the ‘one-stop-shop name.
What Can It Do? Do?
There are numerous methods that Kajabi can use as an all-in-one online course solution. We’ve put together a list in bullet points, of its important attributes that you ought to watch out for if you’re considering the option. In simple terms, Kajabi allows you:
- Create engaging and interactive courses with a wide array of customizing tools such as media files, templates you can select according to your preference;
- Create a visually appealing website to house your course contents and materials and blogs to keep your students up-to-date on the latest developments;
- Make the most of landing pages, checkout pages and other viable ways to improve your profits, further your reach over the boundaries and increase conversion rates;
- Select the method you want to bill your courses and other products for your students, whether it’s a one-time payment or a monthly subscription;
- Design and build effective sales funnels without any difficulties by making use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Utilize its in-house marketing and analytics suite with email marketing, CRM, and automation tools.
- Set up and manage your affiliate links.
- Explore a variety of community, and training resources and features, including the Kajabi University feature.
Famous Names that have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted and used by more than 16,000 organizations and famous personalities. Kajabi is the preferred choice of some of the well-known names that are from various industries, such as the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard, fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi hosts thousands on thousands of courses which are accessed and explored by more than 35 million students across the globe. In the last the time this article was written, Kajabi has generated over $650 million in sales since its inception in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing plans Kajabi provides are very different from other online course creation services in that they’re much more expensive. With monthly rates that start as low as $119, it’s no wonder that this might be an issue for those who might like to give the service a shot. But considering the huge amount of features that are included within each plan, the pricing is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin by offering the Basic plan that costs $149 per month or $119/month for billing annually. In this plan, you can create three products, reach up to 1,000 active customers, and create a website that you can customize with tools fully provided by Kajabi’s platform. Included are unlimited pages for landing pages, unlimited marketing emails and access to unlimited valuable resources, including one-on one customer support as well as Kajabi University.
In addition to The Basic Plan, there’s the Growth plan that happens to be the most sought-after plan on the platform at $199 a month or $159/mo when paid annually, and the Pro plan for $399 per month or $319/month annually, which is filled with every feature you’d want when it comes to designing and selling your course. Kajabi is currently not offering an option to pay for the plan. But a 14-day no-cost trial is available for all three plans. A trial extension that runs up to 30 days is also available on selected blogs, so if you’re looking to test the waters to determine if Kajabi is the best choice for you, then the brief trial period is the ideal way to go.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Like About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s in-house marketing suite of tools, which includes email marketing and automation are specifically designed to be optimized for business, and it isn’t necessary to integrate with other third-party services for this!
- The sales funnel software. Another of the platform’s best-selling points is the Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of proven and easily understandable blueprint templates – no need to get too complicated!
- The ability to customize without limitations. From designing professional-looking course websites down to the custom domain, Kajabi lets you customize to your heart’s content – and even create your own brand from scratch.
- The user-friendly and simple site as well as course editor. Making content using the website and course creator software was never this simple and fast, since it requires less effort and time to get everything done.
- Infinite integrations are endless. Aside from native integrations with 10 e-commerce, marketing and analytics services, connection to Zapier’s app lets users to investigate and select among more than a thousand non-native platforms that can improve your effectiveness.
- Making lasting connections with students and fellow instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature allows you to connect with students in any of your courses. It also lets you connect, network, and share your joy with hundreds of teachers similar to you.
The Cons – What We Don’t Like
- The pricing plans are hefty. Kajabi’s three pricing plans are higher than the average monthly rates offered by other services. There’s not a free option as well.
- There is no built-in tool to issue certificates. You might need connect to a third-party certificate software if you want to design custom-made certificates of various types.
- There aren’t enough tools to facilitate student-instructor engagement. We aren’t happy with the absence of specific features, including proper discussion forums and the ability to randomly distribute tests or assignments. Kajabi Circa Lighting
An Overview of the Kajabi Features
Easy of Use and Experience
One thing that we like the most about Kajabi is the shockingly easy user experience. For one, most of the platform’s User Interface (UI) is structured. If you check the dashboard menu, you will see that the functions are divided into five major sections: Website Products, Sales Marketing and People. The menu’s design leaves no space for confusion, as certain elements that are associated with specific sections are able to be collapsed. The UI layout is very consistent that reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-1” trademark. You can build a landing page, modify your course, and even interact with your fellow instructors on the same site.
There is a search assistant tool that is useful anytime you’re looking for something difficult to find. The Kajabi Assistant is located at the top of the dashboard in the shape of a search bar and it lets you look for items and tools within the site by entering the keywords. As previously mentioned that both the Kajabi website builder and course builder sections can be moved and dropped, making the process simpler without the need to know how to navigate the site. Kajabi is more user-friendly and has a less arduous learning curve compared to a couple of its contemporaries. It also supports multiple languages other that English if you wish to share your content with broader audiences.
Course Creation and Engagement
When you go through Kajabi’s course creation feature, you’ll quickly come across a variety of product or course templates or what the platform calls them blueprints. Each of the blueprints for products varies in structure and type and can be easily modified to meet the needs of any instructor.
The blueprints listed are Mini Courses and Online Courses as well as Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form , quick courses, which are typically designed in order to increase the brand’s value, whereas online Courses are full-version types that have a complete structure of content designed for an “world-class” learning experience. Drip courses on the other hand, are courses which are planned over an established period of days or weeks. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s a much more convenient method to distribute your content when you and your students are busy working on other projects.
Kajabi might be regarded by many as a renowned premium course maker. Apart from courses, the blueprints let you create a membership area where your customers can enjoy exclusive content and a coach session that spans 12 weeks. You can also download a blank template that allows you to create an entire course or product from the ground up!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
As you further explore the course builder you will notice an outline of sections and lessons that were automatically added if you choose any of the course blueprints. In Kajabi’s instance, these sections and lessons are known as categories and posts, or. Posts are where you can insert different kinds of content, like text, videos and images, whereas the categories act as folders where the posts are stored.
It is also possible to include subcategories for posts in a category if you want to structure your content flexibly. You can move and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a wide variety of text and media files to include in your posts, such as MP4 and MOV files, WAV and MP3 files, PDFs as well as Word documents. You can upload all of them directly through your computer’s folders or file-sharing cloud platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can even add existing URLs of your video to your posts!
Like several other platform for making courses, Kajabi allows you to make use of the bulk upload feature. As the name suggests it allows you to upload all the files you have uploaded to your courses in one tab. This one is handy, especially if you’re busy performing other tasks.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi provides a selection of more than 10 course player themes. In contrast to other LMS platforms that only allow you to be given the option to choose the theme you want to use, Kajabi lets you have the freedom to choose several themes to suit various products. Similar to the course outline creator, it’s easy to customize any of the themes to fit your style. You can even incorporate details of your company’s image, such as the logo images, fonts, and designs into your course player in order to give it a an individual touch. Kajabi Circa Lighting
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi has a quiz feature called Assessments that allows you to create quizzes and assignments and then add them to the course of your class. Assessments can be a great method of determining if your students learned something from the curriculum you’ve given them. With the assessment feature, you can choose from three different question types: multiple-choice, multiple-selection, and paragraph-style. You can even set a passing score to motivate your students in engaging with your material more.
Aside from that aside from that, it is also important to note that the LMS website has made strides in providing spaces for students and teachers to interact. Through the Community feature, your learners are given access to interact and comment on any of your courses via their dashboards. You can even write in your blog posts to discuss with the rest of them your previous lessons and also your future content. The community feature is available either as a standalone feature or as an element of membership space.
Website Design and Customization
Why share your course contents to your web domain or WordPress website when Kajabi provides the platform and tools to make one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting across the three plans of pricing. What’s great about this is you’re assured of instant security and security through an automated SSL certification, as well as a team to help maintain your website.
Additionally, you have the freedom to modify your domain as well as pick from a range of professional, one-of-a-kind themes that you can customize to your liking! This doesn’t stop there. If you’re an expert edupreneur and signed to the Growth plan or higher you can import custom-made themes built to meet your ever-growing needs, plus eliminate the Kajabi logos and substitute it with your own!
Similar to the course builder that we’ve discussed earlier, Kajabi’s page builder allows you to modify any of the available themes for websites using a set of user-friendly and intuitive editing tools. After further exploration you’ll be presented with a variety of customizable blocks and sections. They’re similar to those categories as well as posts we discussed when we discussed our course building tool. Blocks are referred to as the components that comprise the content of the website which includes text, media files, and clickable buttons. Sections, on the other hand, are formed by multiple neatly-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 preset section templates can be picked from the page builder’s dashboard. We’re all hooked to our phones and tiny tablets nowadays, it makes total sense for Kajabi to make your website automatically adjust to mobile layout. You can go an extra mile by picking the elements of your website you want for your member learners to see. With all the tools you need to create your website as you wish it to look, Kajabi’s page builder is not just extremely flexible, but also fast to use.
Blogging and Other Useful Website Features
Other LMS platforms might not offer this feature, however Kajabi allows you to make a section of your website dedicated to your blog where you can share comments and updates about your course’s content. If you want to make the most out the Kajabi-made website this service offers you the opportunity to publish your content without restriction. It is possible to begin with posting blog content by creating one with the text editor. You can include SEO elements if you wish to expand your reach, group your posts into different categories, and even alter the way you would like your blog’s entire section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging features may not be as on the same level as WordPress or Blogspot, but it has enough tools to allow it to be managed. You can also create podcasts that you can promote on your website. You can upload audio recordings of your podcast to be hosted on the site and distributed to the major podcasting platforms, such as the Apple Podcasts platform and Spotify. When you upload podcast episodes, you have two options: either release the podcast as a public one for free , or create an exclusive private podcast that only your members are able to access. Kajabi Circa Lighting
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
Part of what makes Kajabi so popular with edupreneurs is the variety of marketing and sales tools that are supremely easy and straightforward even for those who aren’t marketing experts to use!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A huge draw among the masses, Kajabi’s built-in e-mail marketing function allows users to send out e-mails related to your course and websites to your members who are subscribed students from the comfort of the platform. But you may be surprised that it can do more than sending e-mails. With the help of Kajabi Automations, you get to create automated sequences of emails that are initiated by different types of user actions. For instance, if your student is successfully logged in to one of your courses after checking out, a welcome message will be automatically sent to their inbox. If another underperforms the course, an upsell will be sent to suggest an improvement Kajabi Circa Lighting
You can create as many e-mails for your campaign as you wish and schedule each one in accordance with your preferences. You can even select which members of your group are eligible to receive those messages. Managing e-mails has never been this comprehensive yet easy to handle. Contrary to other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with e-mail marketing tools that don’t require the integration with third-party platforms in order to make it work.
Aside from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing option which allows you to designate some of your members as affiliates in order to advertise your website on behalf of your company. In addition to paying them the commission rate it is also possible to track their performance to gauge the extent to which they are contributing to increasing your conversion and click rates. Kajabi Circa Lighting
Another one of Kajabi’s overall standouts can be one of the best features is Pipeline Builder, where you get to create specialized marketing funnels with no overcomplicating issues. While other platforms provide similar features, which require more effort and time however, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be extremely simple and quick that even the uninitiated can benefit from it. This feature is stunning and lets you choose from a variety of pre-designed funnel blueprints or templates for pipelines. These include the following:
- Freebies are great for when you want to offer the freebie to lead magnet to build your database.
- Sales Page OVO – for any time you wish to convince your target customers to purchase your product via the sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use whenever you’re launching a course or another product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – to use any time you wish to promote your product via web workshops
- Free Book OVO – to use anytime you’d like to promote your content with a free downloadable digital book
- Coaching Campaign OVO is for whenever you’re promoting your classes through a series of coaching sessions
- Blank plan – to use whenever you’re looking to create an effective sales funnel right from the ground
After you pick one of the pipeline blueprints, Kajabi automatically creates a set of pages and emails you’ll need to pull off an efficient sales funnel. You may customize however you want your pipeline to look to your customers. You could even alter the look of your checkout and landing pages, for example you can change the theme to something different The library is filled with 40+ templates for landing pages that you can select from.
Payment and Pricing Options
Kajabi lets you seamlessly integrate with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal so that your member students can get to choose between them when they pay for your classes. Stripe is a popular payment option that accepts credit and debit card transactions, as well as select e-wallet providers all over the world. PayPal is, on the other on the other hand, is an option for subscriptions and multi-payment plans. There are no pressing charges for transactions on Kajabi’s side because all your earnings are instantly transferred directly to the bank accounts of your choice.
For pricing options, Kajabi offers an array of options for you of pricing options. You can choose to charge your students for your services at different dates (one-time subscription, one-time, or several payments) or hand them out to them for free. You even have the chance to decide if you want to charge a set amount for a specific product or multiple products, as well as establish specific dates for your students can access your products within a certain timeframe. You can also create coupons to further motivate your customers to purchase any of your offers. Kajabi Circa Lighting
Integrations to Third-Party Services
Kajabi may have a plethora of built-in services needed to create and market your courses, but you also have the option of connecting to other third-party applications for more functions. The platform currently supports 10 native integrations, which include the popular analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier comes in very handy because it allows connections to hundreds of third-party apps and tools including e-commerce and user experience.
Training and Support for Customers
When it comes to customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over the rest as it’s among the only course creation platforms which provide 24/7 live chat assistance. Contrary to similar services the Kajabi customer support team is available to assist you when you encounter difficulties creating an online course or website, in addition to other crucial issues, anytime and anywhere. However, it’s important to mention that this 24-hour feature is available for instructors that are on the Growth plan up to for basic users Live Chat support can be scheduled for certain times and days of the week. Nonetheless, Kajabi’s approach to customer service has been well-received by many who use it to design meaningful educational content. Kajabi Circa Lighting
For tools for training, Kajabi gives the user a range of access to access resources that you can master and become familiar with. The Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, classes, and informative content especially designed for educators and edupreneurs who want to gain traction or boost their position in the course creation world. Additionally, you can attend daily Q+A educational webinars with prominent experts from various disciplines as guest speakers, and when you’re looking for other information and tips assistance, the help section is available to help you on your way. Apart from the platform’s Hero University, there is an additional Kajabi Hero Rewards program where course creators are rewarded with numerous sweet rewards when they meet their objectives.
What Else is Missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi might be a fantastic all-in-one solution to create and sell your course material, but we have to address a few vital things that aren’t being addressed. The majority of these would have been very useful in improving the experience. Here are the following things we would like to see included in Kajabi’s system soon:
- Built-in tools for issuance of certificates and credentials. Although some of them offer this option instructors who utilize Kajabi often will still require a connection to third-party apps which specialize in issuance of certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we are pleased with the way that the platform handles assessments within courses, we’d like for the lack of different types of questions as well as randomization of these types – to be addressed soonest.
- Additional payment options. At the time of writing, only transactions via Stripe and PayPal are accepted. In addition, we don’t understand why there are limitations also.
- An API key that is public. This would have been useful for custom integrations, for example, the ability to let your subscribers log in with the single sign-in option in other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi could have the majority of the features any aspiring edupreneur could ever dream of. However, due to the high cost plan and a plethora in features it could make some people turn away. If you’re seeking alternatives that have collective similarities to Kajabi with regards to reliability and performance, we’ve listed some worthy competitors that you may want to consider in your decision. Kajabi Circa Lighting
- New Zenler is an online course platform that offers all-in-one solutions similar to Kajabi. The only significant distinction is in the cost beginning at just $67 per month You are able to create unlimited courses and advertise to your target audience without having to worry about spending a dime!
- Podia does not just claim to be user-friendly. It’s also extremely simple to use, and much more user-friendly than even Kajabi! In addition, you can make use of marketing features, it’s much lighter than other. But considering the very budget-friendly price range, we can imagine the way Podia will appeal to individuals who are just starting out in the business.
- While Kajabi does not have credentials or sophisticated quiz functions, Thinkific makes up for the shortcomings. With its affordable price, it sure does offer more industry-level functions than Kajabi as well as live lessons and a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is similar to Thinkific in the way it works. However, it is important to understand how Teachable is able to incorporate additional payment options, as it supports Google Pay and Apple Pay two gateways that Kajabi does not have. Additionally, it allows one-on-one training and other key features.
In the end, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park for providing nearly all of the options that most entrepreneurs utilize. It certainly has the essentials anyone must need including the intuitive features needed to create a professional-looking website to the stellar built-in marketing suite with the inclusion of easy-to-understand plans for sales funnels, as well as effective marketing tools for e-mails.
There may be a few instruments that aren’t there, such as the issuance of certificates specifically. With a high cost, it may not be the best choice among the budget-conscious. We do recognize that while Kajabi is great as an all-in one solution for creating courses, it will always have limitations. However, that doesn’t stop it however, from becoming a favorite among experienced entrepreneurs and creators!
If you’re looking to find an LMS that offers everything you require in one place, Kajabi is something you ought to seriously consider.
FAQ Kajabi Circa Lighting
What does the word Kajabi translate to?
The term “Kajabi” originates from a word with Islamic as well as Arabic origin which means “to take flight.”
Can I sell physical goods on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard classes, you can also sell physical products through Kajabi. It is possible to connect with Shopify to create a fully-functioning online store on Kajabi!
Regarding marketing via e-mail, is it possible that Kajabi could be able to replace MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already includes E-mail marketing tools integrated into the platform, it’s logical that it’s enough to take over third-party apps like MailChimp. If you do intend to make use of this feature, Kajabi still allows you to integrate it with other applications as well.
Does Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has an app for mobile devices for you and your subscribed members can access your entire course content even when you’re traveling. Kajabi Circa Lighting