Hundreds of learning management system (LMS) platforms come with various essential features that you can utilize whenever you create meaningful content. While there could be a lot of sites that let you utilize advanced marketing tools to market classes to your target audience, some may not have most of these features. While some provide easy-to-use tools to build courses, there’ll be a few that have an editing experience so complex that it turns its users off.
In the sea of e-course platforms There are some which offer more than just the basic editing interface but also a plethora of sales and marketing functions. In addition to that they offer almost everything you’d ever want including 24/7 support and training resources to top-notch analytics. All-in-one courses let you discover the world beyond your boundaries One of them that offer it effortlessly is Kajabi.
A Quick Look Kajabi: What exactly is Kajabi? Kajabi Unto You
Kajabi is an online platform that allows you to create and sell your courses to an student audience. The company is advertised as an all-in-one solution and platform for edupreneurs, Kajabi offers edupren all kinds of industries with the best and vital features to not just create a professional website for your courses but help them rise to greater heights. Kajabi is widely praised and regarded as one of the best online courses platforms, earning an overwhelming score of 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-received by its users? There are many factors that make this platform extremely easy for anyone to utilize. It’s first and foremost the ease of use. From the course creation to marketing and sales the majority of Kajabi’s features can be easily digestible even for those who are just getting started in the world of online courses. A majority of them are advanced, which gives instructors who administer the course an advantage over others. Additionally, it lets budding entrepreneurs like you run and develop an online course without having to go elsewhere if anything else isn’t available. Kajabi has all the available tools anyone may need in order to live up the ‘one-stop-shop name.
What does it let you do? Do?
There are a variety of ways that Kajabi lets you do as an all-in-one e-course solution. We’ve made a list in bullets of the most important characteristics that you might want to be aware of when you’re thinking about using it. In essence, Kajabi allows you:
- Create interactive and engaging courses with a wide array of customizable tools, media files, and templates that you can choose depending on your preferences;
- Build a presentable website to display your course materials and products along with a blog where you can keep your students informed about what’s new.
- Efficiently make use of landing pages, checkout pages and other viable methods to increase the profits you earn, extend your reach beyond the limits and boost conversion rates;
- Decide how you would like to invoice your courses and other products to your students – whether it’s a one-time fee or a monthly subscription;
- Design and build effective sales funnels without any difficulties by making use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Utilize its in-house marketing and analytics suite that includes the ability to send out e-mails, CRM, and automation tools.
- Set up and manage your affiliate links, and
- Explore a variety of community, customer service and training materials and features, including the Kajabi University feature.
Big Names That Have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is used and trusted by more than 16,000 companies and famous personalities. It’s the choice of some of the well-known names who come from different industries, such as online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard and fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi hosts thousands on thousands of courses which are accessed and explored by more than 35 million students all over the world. At the time of the time this article was written, Kajabi is generating more than $650million in revenue since its establishment in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing plans Kajabi provides are very different from other online course-making services in that they’re more expensive. With monthly rates that start as low as $119, it’s no wonder why this can impede some people who would want to give it a try. With the abundance of essential features already packed in each plan, the pricing is reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start with the Basic plan, which costs $149 per month or $119/mo when billed annually. This plan lets you get to create three products, garner a maximum of 1 000 active clients, and make a website that you can modify using the tools provided by the platform. Additionally, you get unlimited landing pages, unlimited marketing emails and access to unlimited useful resources, such as one-on-one customer support and Kajabi University.
Apart from The Basic Plan, there is the Growth plan that happens to be the platform’s most popular offer at $199 a month or $159/month if you pay annually, as well as the Pro plan at $399 monthly or $319/month annually and is packed to the brim with every feature you’d like when you are making and selling your courses. Kajabi currently does not offer an option to pay for the plan. There is however a fourteen-day trial is available. trial is available on all three plans. A longer trial of for up to 30 days also offered on select blogs. If you’re looking to test the waters to determine if Kajabi is the right fit for you, the limited trial period is the ideal method to start.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Like About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s marketing suite in-house of tools, such as automated e-mail marketing, and automation are specifically designed to be optimized for business, and you won’t need to integrate with third-party solutions for that!
- The software for sales funnels. Another one of the platforms most-loved selling points The Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of proven and easily understandable blueprint templates – no need to be overly complicated!
- Customization without limits. From creating professional-looking course websites all the way to the custom name, Kajabi lets you customize according to your own preferences – and even build your brand from the ground up.
- The simple and intuitive site as well as course editor. The creation of content using the website and course creator software was never so simple and fast, since it requires less time and effort to finish the job.
- Limitless integrations. In addition to native integrations with the ten marketing, e-commerce and analytics services, connection to Zapier’s app allows you to look and select from more than a thousand non-native platforms that can improve your efficiency.
- Establishing meaningful relationships with students and fellow instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature allows you to engage with the students in any of your courses. You can also make connections, network and share your joy with hundreds of teachers who happen to be in the same position as you.
The Cons – Things We Don’t Like
- The pricey pricing plans. Three pricing options offered by Kajabi cost more than the average monthly rates that other providers offer. There’s not a free option either.
- There is no built-in tool to issue certificates. You may need to connect to a third-party certificate application if you intend to make custom-designed certificates of various types.
- There aren’t enough tools to facilitate student-instructor engagement. We aren’t happy with the absence of some particular features, including adequate discussion forums, as well as the ability to randomly distribute tests or assignments. Kajabi Unto You
The Review of Kajabi’s features
Easy of Use and Experience
One thing we love about Kajabi is the surprisingly easy user experience. First, the majority of the users interface (UI) is organized. If you look at the dashboard menu, you will find that all the features are divided into five major sections: Website Products, Sales Marketing, and People. The design of the menu leaves no space for clutter, as some features that are related to specific sections are able to be collapsed. The UI style is very uniform, reflecting Kajabi’s ‘all-in-one’ brand name. You can build a landing page, modify your course, and engage with other instructors on one site.
The search assistant is a tool that comes in handy when you need to search for something that may be difficult to find. The Kajabi Assistant is located at the top part of the dashboard, in the form of a search bar, it allows you to search for tools and items on the site by typing in the search terms. As previously mentioned, both Kajabi’s site builder and course builder sections can be dragged and dropped and make the process much easier without having to know how to navigate it. Kajabi is a more streamlined learning curve than a couple of its contemporaries. It can also be used in other languages than English for those who want to expose your content to broader audiences.
Course Creation and Engagement
When you go through Kajabi’s course design feature, you will soon encounter a list of product or course templates or, as the platform calls it blueprints. Each of the product blueprints varies in structure and type and can be customized to suit the needs of instructors.
Included among the listed blueprints are Mini Courses as well as Online Courses and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form , quick courses that are usually created as a way to build the brand’s value, whereas Online Courses are full-version versions that have a complete structure of content designed for an “world-class” education experience. Drip courses, on other hand, are courses which are planned over a set series of weeks or days. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s an efficient way to share your content if you and your students are busy with other activities.
Kajabi is known to many as a renowned premium course maker. Apart from courses, the blueprints allow you to create a membership area where your customers can enjoy exclusive content as well as a coaching session lasting 12 weeks. There’s also a blank template which allows you to design your own course or product from scratch!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
If you continue to look into the course builder, you’ll notice the outline of the sections and lessons that were automatically added if you choose any of the course blueprints. In the case of Kajabi, these segments and classes are referred to as post categories as well as category, respectively. Posts are the places where you put in different types of content such as text, video, and images, while the categories serve as folders in which the posts are kept.
It is also possible to include subcategories of posts within one category in order to arrange your content in a flexible way. You can also drag and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a wide variety of text and media files to include in your posts. These include MOV and MP4 files MP3 and WAV files, PDFs, and even Word documents. You can upload all of them directly via your computer’s folders, or through file-sharing cloud platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can also add existing URLs of your videos to your blog posts!
Like a few select platform for making courses, Kajabi allows you to utilize the bulk upload feature. Similar to the name it allows you to upload all your files to your courses in the same tab. This one is handy, especially if you’re busy doing other important stuff.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi offers a lineup of over 10 themes for courses. Unlike other LMS platforms that only allow you to be offered the choice of only one of three theme options, Kajabi lets you have the choice of selecting several themes to suit various products. Like the outline builder, it’s relatively simple to alter any theme to fit your style. You can even incorporate details of your brand like your logo images, fonts, and designs , into your course player to cultivate a personal touch. Kajabi Unto You
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi offers a quiz feature called Assessments where you get to make quizzes and assignments and add them as part of your curriculum. Assessments are a helpful way to assess whether your students have learned something from the course you’ve taught them. With the assessment feature, you can select from three main question types: multiple-choice, multiple-selection, and paragraph-style. You can also set a passing score to motivate your students to be more engaged with your content.
Aside from that, it is also important to note that the LMS website has made progress in providing spaces for students and teachers to interact. Through the Community feature your learners are given access to interact and comment on any of your courses through their dashboards. You can even write in your posts to discuss with your fellow students about your previous lessons and also your future content. The community feature can be accessed as a separate feature or as component of your member area.
Website Design and Customizability
Why should you upload your course materials with your domain name or WordPress web site when Kajabi offers the platform and tools to create one within the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting for three plans of pricing. The best part is that you’re guaranteed immediate security and safety with an automatic SSL certification as well as an experienced team of experts to maintain your website.
You also have the option to modify your domain as well as choose from a range of professional, one-of-a-kind themes that you can personalize to your liking! The possibilities don’t end there: If you’re an expert edupreneur and have signed up to the Growth plan and higher, you get to download custom-designed themes designed to meet the ever-changing needs of your business, plus eliminate the Kajabi logos and substitute that with your personal brand!
Like the course builder that we’ve discussed earlier, Kajabi’s page builder allows you to alter any of the given themes for websites using a set of user-friendly and intuitive editing tools. Upon further exploration you’ll be presented with a variety of customizable blocks and sections. They’re essentially like those categories as well as posts that we’ve discussed when we discussed our course building tool. Blocks are referred to as the elements that compose the site’s content, such as text, media files, and clickable buttons. Sections on the other hand are formed by a variety of neatly-arranged blocks.
There are more than 40 pre-designed section templates can be picked from the page builder’s dashboard. We’re all hooked to our phones and tiny tablets these days it’s logical for Kajabi to have your website automatically adjust to a mobile layout. You can even go the extra mile by choosing the element of your site you would like for your member learners to see. With all the necessary tools to build your site as you wish it to appear Kajabi’s page builders are not just extremely flexible, but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Useful Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not have this feature, however Kajabi lets you create a section of your website dedicated to your blog where you can post updates and thoughts on the content of your course. If you’re looking to get the most out of your Kajabi-made site it provides an area where you can do so without limits. It is possible to begin with the blog post by making one with Text Editor. You can incorporate SEO elements if you’d like to reach a larger audience, group your posts into various categories, and even customize how you would like your blog’s entire section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging features may not be as on the same level as WordPress or Blogspot However, it comes with enough tools to make it manageable. Additionally, you can also create podcasts to promote on your website. You may upload recordings of your podcast to be hosted on the website and then distributed to major podcasting platforms like the Apple Podcasts platform and Spotify. When uploading podcast episodes there are two options: release it as a podcast that is public for free , or create an exclusive private version that only your members can get access to. Kajabi Unto You
Marketing and Sales
Part of what makes Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is its slew of sales and marketing tools that are extremely user-friendly and easy to even non- marketing experts to make use of!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A big draw among the crowd, Kajabi’s built in e-mail marketing function allows you to send e-mails that are related to your course or websites to your members who are subscribed students while seated on the platform. But you may be surprised that it can do more than just send e-mails. With the help from Kajabi Automations, you get to create automated sequences of e-mails that are triggered by various user actions. For example, when your student logs in successfully to one of your courses following checkout, a welcome e-mail will be sent automatically into their email inbox. If the course performs poorly, an upsell is delivered to offer suggestions for improvement Kajabi Unto You
You can send as many e-mails for your campaign as you want and schedule each of them according to your preferences. You can also choose which members of your group are eligible the messages. E-mail management has never been so extensive and yet simple to manage. Unlike other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with tools for marketing e-mails that you wouldn’t have to worry about connecting to other third-party platforms to make things work.
Apart from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing feature which allows you to designate certain members of yours as affiliates in order to advertise your website on your behalf. In addition to paying them a commission and monitoring their performance to see the extent to which they are contributing to increasing your conversion rates and click rates. Kajabi Unto You
Another one of Kajabi’s overall top features can be the Pipeline Builder, where you get to create specialized marketing funnels without a lot of problems. While other platforms provide similar features that require more effort and time however, this Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even the uninitiated are able to make the most of it. This stunning feature lets you choose from a collection of pre-made funnel blueprints or templates for pipelines. These include the following:
- Freebies – to be used whenever you’d like to offer a freebie as a lead magnet to grow your list
- Sales Page OVO – to use whenever you want to persuade your audience to buy your product via a sales page
- Product Launch OVO – for when you’re launching courses or other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – for occasions when you need to advertise your business through web-based seminars
- Free Book OVO – to use anytime you’d like to promote your content with an online book for free download.
- Coaching Campaign OVO – to use when you’re trying to promote your classes through an array of coaching sessions
- Blank plan – to use whenever you’d like to construct your sales funnel from ground
When you choose from one of the blueprints for your pipeline, Kajabi automatically creates a set of pages and e-mails that you’ll require to create an efficient sales funnel. You can alter the way you would like your sales funnel to appear to your target audience. You could even alter the theme of your landing and checkout pages, for example changing the design to a different theme – there is a library with more than 40 page templates that you can select from.
Prices and Payment Methods
Kajabi lets you integrate seamlessly with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal so that your member students are able to select between the two to pay for your course. Stripe is the most popular payment option that accepts debit and credit card transactions, as well as various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal, on the other hand, is available as an option for subscriptions as well as multi-payment plans. There aren’t any charges for transactions on Kajabi’s side, as all your earnings are instantly transferred directly to the bank accounts of your choice.
In terms of the pricing, Kajabi offers you a wide range of pricing options. You can choose to cost your pupils for the products at various dates (one-time or subscription and several payments) or give them away at no cost. You even have the chance to select if you’re going to charge a set amount for a single product or a number of products, and specify specific dates your students can access your products within a certain period of time. Additionally, you can create coupons to encourage your customers to purchase all of your products. Kajabi Unto You
Integration with Third-Party Services
Kajabi is a host of built-in features to help you make and market your courses, but you also have the option of connecting to third-party applications to provide an added boost in functionality. The platform is currently able to support the integration of ten natively-built integrations, such as the well-known analytics service Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier comes in very handy because it allows connections with hundreds of other third-party apps and tools including e-commerce and user experience.
Training and Support for Customers
In terms of customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over the rest as it’s one of the few platforms for creating courses that offer 24/7 live chat support. In contrast to other similar platforms the Kajabi customer support team is always available to assist you if you’re having difficulties in creating pages or courses, among other issues that are important, at any time and from anywhere. However, it’s important to note that this 24 hour service is only available to instructors that are on the Growth plan up to for Basic users Live chat is available for certain times and days on weekdays. Nonetheless, Kajabi’s approach to customer service has been well-received by many of the instructors who use it to create useful educational content. Kajabi Unto You
In terms of training tools, Kajabi offers the user a range of access to access resources that you can master and become familiar with. Its Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses, and informative content especially targeted at educators and edupreneurs to help them get started or increase their position in the field of course development. Additionally, you can attend every day Q&A webinars that feature prominent experts from various disciplines as guest speakers, and, if you’re looking for additional information and tips, the help center is available to help you in the right direction. In addition to the platform’s Hero University, there is an additional Kajabi Hero Rewards program in which course creators get rewarded with numerous sweet rewards when they achieve their objectives.
What is the other thing that is missing from Kajabi?
Kajabi might be a fantastic all-in-one platform to develop and promote your course content however, we must address a few vital things that are missing. The majority of these would have been extremely helpful to improve the experience. Here are the following things that we wish would be included in the Kajabi system shortly:
- Built-in tools for issuance of certificates and certificates. Although some of them offer this option instructors who utilize Kajabi often will still need to connect to third-party software that are specialized in the issue of certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we are pleased with the system’s handling of assessment within courses, we wish for the lack of different types of questions – plus randomization of said types and their randomization to be resolved as quickly as possible.
- Additional payment options. At the time of writing, only transactions via Stripe as well as PayPal will be accepted. Not only that, we aren’t sure if there are limits also.
- An API key that is public. This could be useful for creating custom integrations such as the ability to let your subscribers sign in using the single sign-in option with other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi could have the majority of the features any aspiring edupreneur could ever dream of. But with the steep price plan and a certain lack in terms of functionality, the site could turn some people off. If you’re looking for alternatives that share similarity to Kajabi with regards to performance and reliability We’ve provided a list of worthy competitors that you may think about when making your choice. Kajabi Unto You
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in-one solutions similar to Kajabi. The only significant distinction is in the cost that starts at $67/month, you can create unlimited courses and sell to your target audience without having to worry about breaking the bank!
- Podia isn’t just claiming to be user-friendly. It’s also very easy to use, much easier than Kajabi! In addition, you can benefit from marketing features, it’s much lighter than other. With the extremely affordable price we can imagine the ways Podia will appeal to those who want to start their own business.
- While Kajabi isn’t a reputable platform and lacks advanced quiz features, Thinkific makes up for these features. With a price that is affordable for beginners and a wide range of features, it certainly offers more industry-level functions than the other which includes live-taught courses as well as a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is similar to Thinkific in the manner it works. However, it is important to understand how Teachable is able to incorporate additional payment options as it accepts Google Pay and Apple Pay which are two gateways Kajabi is not able to offer. You can also avail one-on-one training and other key features.
In the end, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park by providing nearly all of the options that most entrepreneurs make use of. It does provide the essentials anyone must need including the intuitive features needed to create a professional-looking web pages to the fantastic integrated marketing suite, which includes the addition of simple sales funnel blueprints and efficient email marketing tools.
There could be some tools missing for example, the issue of certificates specifically. Plus with a steep price tag, it may not be the best option for those with a tight budget. We do recognize that, while Kajabi does very well as an all-in-one solution for course creation but it’s not without limitations. However, that doesn’t stop it but it is a popular choice among established creators and businesses!
If you’re looking for an LMS that offers everything you require on one platform, Kajabi is something you must seriously consider.
FAQ Kajabi Unto You
What does the word Kajabi translate to?
The word “Kajabi” is derived from a word of Islamic as well as Arabic origin that means “to fly.”
Can I sell physical goods on Kajabi?
Yes! In addition to the normal classes, you can also sell physical products through Kajabi. You can also join with Shopify to set up a fully functioning online store on the platform!
Regarding marketing via e-mail, is it possible that Kajabi can replace MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already includes e-mail marketing tools built within the platform, it makes sense that it’s enough to replace third-party applications such as MailChimp. If you do want to use it, Kajabi still allows you to integrate it with other apps as well.
Is Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even offers an app for mobile devices for you and your subscribers can access your entire course materials even when in the move. Kajabi Unto You