A myriad of learning management systems (LMS) platforms come with many crucial features that you can use when creating content of high quality. While there may be plenty of sites that let you make use of modern marketing tools to market classes to your target viewers, other platforms might not provide all the features. Although some sites provide simple-to-use tools to build courses, there’ll also be few that may have an editing experience that is so complicated they turn off their users.
Within the sea of online course platforms There are a handful which offer more than just the basic editing interface but also a myriad of marketing and sales functions. Additionally, they also offer nearly everything you’d ever want such as 24/7 assistance and training tools to top-of-the-line analytics. All-in-one courses let you go beyond the limits of your abilities One of them that offer it effortlessly is Kajabi.
At a Glance Kajabi: What exactly is Kajabi? Kajabi Communities
Kajabi can be described as an online service that lets you develop and market your courses to an student audience. Branded as an all-in-one service that provides entrepreneurs from all aspects of their lives with the most efficient and essential features needed to not just build a professional-looking site for your courses, but help them rise to higher levels. Kajabi has been praised by the media and is regarded as one of the most effective online courses platforms, earning an overwhelming rating of 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-received by its users? Well, there are quite numerous factors that make this platform extremely easy for anyone to utilize. It’s first and foremost the simplicity of usage. From the course creation to marketing almost all of Kajabi’s aspects can be easily accessible to those who are new in the e-course world. The majority of them are advanced, which gives instructors who administer the course an edge over other instructors. Lastly, it lets budding entrepreneurs like you to run and create a course-making business without the need to look elsewhere in case something is not available. Kajabi offers all the tools that anyone could require and is a true testament its ‘one stop shop name.
What Can It Do? Do?
There are a variety of options that Kajabi allows you to do as an all-in-one e-course solution. We’ve made a list in bullets of the most important features that you may want to be aware of if you’re considering it. In essence, Kajabi allows you:
- Create engaging and interactive courses using a variety of customizable tools including media files, templates that you can pick according to your preference;
- Build a presentable website to present your course content and products, as well as your own blog to keep your students informed about what’s new.
- Effectively utilize landing pages, checkout pages, and other viable methods to boost your profits, further your reach beyond the limits, and generate higher conversion rates;
- Choose how you wish to bill your courses and other products for your students, whether it’s a one-time fee or a monthly subscription
- Design and build effective sales funnels without any problems through the use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Use its own marketing and analytics software with e-mail marketing, CRM, and automated tools.
- Create and manage your affiliate links, and
- Explore a wide variety of community, customer service and training materials and features, including the Kajabi University feature.
The Big Names Who Have Utilized Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted and used by over 16,000 businesses and famous personalities. It’s the choice of many of the most well-known people that are from various industries, such as the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard, fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi hosts thousands upon thousands of courses, that are used and explored by more than 35 million students from across the globe. In the last the time this article was written, Kajabi has generated over $650 million in revenue since its inception in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing plans that Kajabi provides are very different than other online course creation services in that they’re much more expensive. With monthly prices that start at just $119, it’s not surprising that it can be a hindrance for some who might be interested in giving the service a shot. However, when you consider the number of essential features already packed into every plan, the price is logically reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start with the Basic plan that costs $149 per month or $119/month when billed annually. In this plan, you get to create three products, gain up to 1,000 active customers, and design your own website you can create with the tools offered by Kajabi’s platform. Additionally, you get unlimited pages for landing websites, indefinite marketing e-mails and access to unlimited useful resources, such as one-on-one customer support as well as Kajabi University.
Apart from the Basic plan, there’s the Growth plan which is Kajabi’s most popular plan for $199 per month or $159/month if you pay annually, and the Pro plan for $399 per month or $319/mo yearly that is loaded with every feature you could ask for when you are creating and selling your courses. Kajabi currently does not offer a free plan option. However, a 14-day free trial is offered for each of the three plans. A trial extension that runs up to 30 days is also offered on select blogs. If you’re looking to test the waters and see if Kajabi’s the right fit for you, the short trial period is the ideal option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros and Cons – What We Really Like About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s marketing suite in-house of tools, such as automated e-mail marketing, and automation are designed to be designed for businesses, so you won’t need to integrate with any other third-party service for this!
- The sales funnel software. Another one of the platform’s best-selling points, the Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of well-tested and understood blueprint templates – no need to get too complicated!
- Customization without limits. From creating professional-looking course websites all the way to the custom name, Kajabi lets you customize to your hearts content and even build your brand from scratch.
- The user-friendly and simple site and course editors. The creation of content using the site and the course builders hasn’t been this easy and quick, as it requires less time and effort to finish the job.
- Limitless integrations. Aside from native integrations with the ten marketing, e-commerce and analytics services, connection to the app Zapier allows users to investigate and select among more than a thousand non-native platforms that can improve your effectiveness.
- Building worthwhile relationships with fellow instructors and students. Kajabi’s Community feature lets you interact with students enrolled in your classes. You can also make connections, network and celebrate with a multitude of teachers who happen to be in the same shoes as you.
The Cons – Things We Don’t Like
- The steep pricing plans. The three plans offered by Kajabi are higher than the typical monthly prices provided by other companies. There’s not a free option as well.
- There are no built-in tools for issuance of certificates. You might need to connect to a third party certificate software if you want to create custom-made ones of different kinds.
- Insufficient tools for instructor-student engagement. We don’t appreciate the lack of specific features, including proper discussion forums and the ability to randomize tests or assignments. Kajabi Communities
The Review of Kajabi’s features
User-Friendliness and Experience
One thing we like about Kajabi is its surprisingly simple user experience. First, the majority of the user interface (UI) is structured. If you check the dashboard menu, you will notice that all features are arranged into five main sections – Website Products, Sales, Marketing, and People. The design of the menu leaves no space for obstruction, since some of the elements that are associated with a specified section are collapsible. The UI layout is very consistent that reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-1” brand name. You can build a landing page, modify your course, and even engage with other instructors on the same site.
The search assistant is a tool that is useful anytime you’re looking for something that is difficult to find. The Kajabi Assistant is found at the top part of the dashboard in the form of a search bar, and it lets you look for specific tools and products on the site by typing in the words. As previously mentioned, both Kajabi’s site builder and course builder sections can be dragged and dropped which makes the process easier without needing to learn how to navigate the site. Kajabi is a more streamlined learning curve compared to several of its peers. It can also be used in other languages that English if you wish to share your content with broader audiences.
Course Design and Engagement
When you go through Kajabi’s course creation feature, you’ll quickly come across a variety of templates for courses or products or the way it calls it, blueprints. Each of the blueprints for products is different in its structure and style and can be easily modified to fit any instructor’s needs.
The blueprints listed are Mini Courses and Online Courses and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are quick-form courses that are usually created in order to increase brand value, while Online Courses are full-version versions with a full content structure designed for the “world-class” education experience. Drip courses, on the other hand, are courses which are planned over a set series of days or weeks. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s an efficient method of sharing your content when you or your students are busy working on other projects.
Kajabi is known to many as a renowned premium course maker. Apart from kinds of courses offered, the blueprints allow you to make a membership site for your members to enjoy exclusive content and a coach session for 12 weeks. There’s also a blank template that allows you to create a course or product from scratch!
Categories, Posts, and Content Uploads
As you further explore the course builder you will notice an outline of sections and lessons that were automatically added when you select one of the blueprints for your course. In the case of Kajabi, these segments and classes are referred to as categories and posts, respectively. Posts are where you insert various kinds of content, such as text, video and images, whereas the categories act as folders where the posts are kept.
It is also possible to include subcategories for posts in one category in order to organize your content more flexiblely. You may also alter the outline by dragging it around. Kajabi accepts a wide variety of media and text files to include in your posts, such as MOV and MP4 files WAV and MP3 files PDFs, and even Word documents. You can upload any of them through your computer’s folders or file-sharing cloud platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can even duplicate and paste URLs of your video to your blog posts!
Like a few select course-making platforms, Kajabi allows you to use the feature of bulk uploads. Like the name implies, you can add all your files to your courses in one page. This is a great option particularly if you’re working on other things.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi provides a selection of 10+ course player themes. Unlike other LMS platforms that only allow you to be given the option to choose only one of three theme options, Kajabi lets you have the option of choosing different themes for various products. Similar to the course outline creator, it’s simple to alter any theme to fit your style. It is possible to incorporate specifics of your brand like your logo images, fonts, and design into your course player in order to give it a an individual touch. Kajabi Communities
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi includes a quiz function called Assessments. It allows you to design and create assignments and quizzes and then add them to the course of your class. Assessments are an effective method of determining the extent to which your students gained from the course you’ve taught them. With the assessment feature, you get to choose between the three primary question types: multiple-choice, multiple-selection, and paragraph-style. You can even set a passing score to motivate your students to be more engaged with your material more.
In addition, the LMS website also has been able to make strides in providing spaces for teachers and students to communicate. Through the Community feature, your learners are given access to comment and interact with any of your courses via their dashboards. You can also write your blog posts for discussion with the rest of them your previous lessons as well as your future content. The community feature is available as a separate feature or as part of your membership space.
Website Design and Customizability
Why share your course contents to your web domain as well as WordPress site when Kajabi has the platform and tools you need to make one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting for the 3 pricing options. What’s great about this is you’re assured of instant security and security through an automated SSL certification as well as the support of a team to manage your website.
You’re also given the liberty to customize your domain, as well as pick from a wide array of premium, unique themes that you can customize to your liking! This doesn’t stop there. if you’re an expert edupreneur and have signed up to the Growth plan or higher you can download custom-designed themes designed to meet the ever-changing needs of your business, plus take away any Kajabi logos and substitute that with your own!
Like the course builder we’ve mentioned previously, Kajabi’s page builders allows you to alter any of the given themes on the website using a variety of intuitive and easy-to-handle editing tools. Upon further exploration, you will be greeted with sets of blocks that can be customized and sections. They’re similar to those categories as well as posts from when we discussed our course building tool. Blocks are referred to as the components that comprise the site’s content, such as media files, text as well as clickable button. Sections are, however are formed by a variety of well-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 preset sections templates that can be picked from the dashboard of the page builder. As we’re all glued to our phones and tiny tablets nowadays, it makes total sense to use Kajabi to have your website automatically adjust to a mobile-friendly layout. You can go an extra mile by choosing the elements of your website you want for your members to view. With all the necessary tools to build your site however you want it to appear Kajabi’s page builders are not just incredibly flexible, but also fast to use.
Blogging and Other Useful Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not have this feature, however Kajabi allows you to create a section of your website that is dedicated to your blog, where you can publish comments and updates about your course’s content. If you’re looking to get the most of your Kajabi-created website this service offers you the opportunity to do so without limits. It is possible to begin with posting blog content by creating one with an editor for text. You may include SEO elements if you wish to have a wider reach, group your posts into different categories, and even alter the way you want your entire blog section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging features may not be as up to the same level as WordPress or Blogspot However, it comes with enough tools to make it manageable. You can also create podcasts to promote on your website. You can upload the recordings of your podcast to be hosted on the website and distributed to major podcasting platforms like Apple Podcasts and Spotify. If you upload a podcast episode there are two options: either release it as a podcast that is public for free or make an exclusive private one that only your users can get access to. Kajabi Communities
Marketing and Sales
One of the reasons that make Kajabi so popular among edupreneurs is its slew of marketing and sales tools that are highly user-friendly and easy to even non- marketing experts to utilize!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A big draw among the crowd, Kajabi’s built in email marketing feature allows you to send e-mails that are related to your course or websites to your members who are subscribed students while seated on the platform. However, you might be amazed that it does more than simply send emails. With the help from Kajabi Automations, you get to build automated sequences of e-mails that are triggered by different kinds of user actions. For example, when a student successfully logs into one of your courses after checkout, a welcome e-mail will be sent automatically into their email inbox. If another underperforms the course, an upsell will be delivered to offer suggestions for improvement Kajabi Communities
You can send as many e-mails for the campaign you wish and schedule each of them according to your preferences. You can also choose the members you want to receive those messages. Managing e-mails has never been so extensive and yet simple to manage. Unlike other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with marketing tools for e-mails. You don’t require integrating with other third-party platforms to make things work.
In addition, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing feature where you get to assign certain members of yours as affiliates to help promote your content on behalf of you. Apart from paying them the commission rate and monitoring their performance to see how they can contribute to boosting your conversion and click rates. Kajabi Communities
Another of Kajabi’s notable features is the Pipeline Builder, where you are able to design specialized marketing funnels with no overcomplicating issues. While other platforms provide similar features that require more effort and time, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even those who aren’t experts are able to make the most of it. This feature is stunning and lets you choose from a variety of pre-designed funnel blueprints or templates for pipelines. These include the following:
- Freebie – for whenever you want to offer the freebie to lead magnet to build your email list
- Sales Page OVO is a great option any time you wish to convince your target public to buy your product via the sales page
- Product Launch OVO – for any time you’re launching a course or other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – to use whenever you want to promote your products through web training seminars
- Free Book OVO – to use any time you wish to promote your content with a free downloadable digital book
- Coaching Campaign OVO – to use whenever you’re promoting your courses by means of an array of coaching sessions
- Blank plan – to use whenever you’re looking to create an effective sales funnel right from ground
After you pick one of the blueprints for your pipeline Kajabi instantly creates a set of pages and e-mails you will require to create an efficient sales funnel. You may customize however you wish your funnel to appear to your audience. You can even alter the look of your landing and checkout pages, for instance, to a different one There is a library full of 40+ templates for landing pages that you can select from.
Optional Payment Options and Price
Kajabi lets you integrate seamlessly with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal so that your member students can choose between them when they pay for your course. Stripe is a popular payment option that accepts credit and debit card transactions and various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal, on the other hand, is available as an option to subscribe and multi-payment plans. There aren’t any charges for transactions on Kajabi’s side because all your earnings will be immediately transferred directly to the bank accounts of your choice.
In terms of pricing options, Kajabi provides an array of options for you to choose from. You can cost your pupils for the products at different dates (one-time subscription, one-time, or multi-payments) or distribute them at no cost. You can also choose to select if you’re going to charge a specified price for a single item or for a variety of items, and specify specific dates your members can access within a certain time frame. Additionally, you can create coupons that will further encourage your customers to purchase the products you offer. Kajabi Communities
Integrations with Third-Party Services
Kajabi has a variety of built-in services needed to make and market your courses, but you also can connect to third-party apps for an additional boost of functions. The platform is currently able to support 10 native integrations, which include the popular analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier can be extremely helpful because it allows connections with hundreds of other tools and third-party apps that range from e-commerce to user experiences.
Training and Support for Customers
In terms of customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over its competitors because it’s among the few platforms for creating courses that offer 24/7 live chat support. Contrary to similar services, Kajabi’s customer support team is available to assist you when you encounter difficulties creating a course or page among other important issues, anytime and anywhere. However, it’s important to note that this 24/7 service is only available to instructors that are on the Growth plan upwards – for Basic users live chat support is scheduled at specific times and on certain days during the day. The approach of Kajabi’s customer support has been highly praised by many who use it to design useful course content. Kajabi Communities
In terms of tools to train, Kajabi provides you a variety of ways to resources that you can master and then become proficient with. The Kajabi Hero University is packed with courses, tutorials and informational content that are specifically designed for educators and edupreneurs, to help them get started or increase their standing in the world of course design. You’re also invited to daily Q+A educational webinars with prominent experts from various areas as guests. Additionally If you’re in search of more advice and tricks, the help center is always there to guide you in the right direction. In addition to the platform’s Hero University, there is Kajabi’s Hero Rewards program where course creators are rewarded with many sweet perks when they meet their targets.
What is the other thing that is missing from Kajabi?
Kajabi might be a fantastic all-in-one platform to develop and sell your course material however, we must address a few vital things that aren’t being addressed. A majority of them could have been extremely helpful in improving the experience. Here are the following things we’d like to see included in the Kajabi system shortly:
- Built-in tools that issue certificates and other credentials. While some offer this feature, instructors who use Kajabi will often require a connection to third-party applications that specialize in issuing certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we are pleased with the way that the platform handles assessments within courses, we’d like for the absence of different types of questions – plus randomization of said types – to be addressed soonest.
- Additional payment options. As of the moment only transactions made through Stripe and PayPal can be accepted. Not only that, we don’t appreciate how there are limitations also.
- A public API key. This could have been helpful for custom integrations, such as the ability to let your subscribers login using a single sign-in feature with other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi could have the majority of the features that an aspiring edupreneur could ever dream of. However, due to the high cost plan and a certain lack in terms of functionality, the site may turn some people off. If you’re seeking alternatives that have similarity to Kajabi with regards to reliability and performance We’ve provided a list of worthy alternatives that you might be considering when making your choice. Kajabi Communities
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in-one services that are similar to Kajabi. The only major distinction is in the cost that starts at $67/month You can design unlimited courses and market to your audience of choice without having to worry about breaking the bank!
- Podia does not just claim to be user-friendly. It’s also very easy to use, and much more user-friendly than Kajabi! In addition, you can utilize marketing tools, it’s much lighter than the other. With the extremely affordable price range it’s easy to understand the ways Podia can appeal to individuals who are just starting out in the business.
- While Kajabi lacks credentials and sophisticated quiz functions, Thinkific makes up for them. With a price that is affordable for beginners, it sure does offer higher-end features than the other has as well as live lessons and an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in terms of how it operates. However, we must appreciate the way that Teachable can integrate additional payment options since it accepts Google Pay and Apple Pay which are two gateways Kajabi is not able to offer. It also lets you utilize one-on-one coaching as well as other essential features.
In the end, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park by offering a wide range of tools that most entrepreneurs make use of. It does provide the basic features that everyone needs, from intuitive functions needed to design a professional website to the stellar integrated marketing suite, which includes the inclusion of easy-to-understand diagrams of sales funnels as well as efficient marketing tools for e-mails.
There are a few tools that are missing for example, the issue of certificates in particular. Also, with its high cost, it may not be the best choice for the budget-conscious. We do recognize that, while Kajabi does well in being an all-in-one solution for course creation, it will always have limitations. That doesn’t stop it, however, from becoming a popular choice among established creators and businesses!
If you’re looking to find an LMS that can provide everything you require in one place, Kajabi is something you should strongly think about.
FAQ Kajabi Communities
What does the word Kajabi translate to?
The term “Kajabi” is derived from a word of Islamic (or Arabic origin which means “to fly.”
Do I have the ability to sell physical items on Kajabi?
Yes! In addition to the normal programs, you can sell physical products through Kajabi. You can even join with Shopify to set up a fully functioning E-commerce store using the platform!
Concerning e-mail marketing, is it possible that Kajabi could be able to replace MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already has E-mail marketing tools integrated into the platform, it’s natural that it’s enough to replace third-party programs such as MailChimp. However, if you do intend to make use of this feature, Kajabi still allows you to connect it with other applications as well.
Does Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has an app that can be downloaded on mobile so that you and the members who have subscribed can access all your course content even when you’re in the move. Kajabi Communities