Hundreds of learning management system (LMS) platforms offer a variety of essential features that can be utilized when creating content of high quality. While there could be a lot of websites that allow you to make use of modern marketing tools to market your courses to your target audience, others may not have most of the features. While some provide easy-to-use course-building tools, there will also be some that offer editing features that are so complicated that it turns its users off.
Within the sea of online course platforms There are a handful that provide more than a simple editing interface, but also an array of marketing and sales functions. And on top of that, they also provide you with nearly everything you’d ever want including 24/7 support and training materials to top-quality analytics. All-in-one courses let you explore beyond your limits, and one of those which can provide this is Kajabi.
At a Glance: What is Kajabi? Kajabi Downsell
Kajabi is an online platform that allows you to make and sell your courses to an student audience. The company is advertised as an all-in-one solution and platform for edupreneurs, Kajabi offers edupren all kinds of industries with the best and essential features needed to not just build a professional-looking website for your courses but let them grow to new heights. Kajabi has been critically acclaimed and is regarded as one of the most effective online courses platforms, earning an overwhelming positive rating with a score of 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-received by its users? It’s true that there are numerous aspects that make this platform extremely convenient for all to use. Firstly, it’s the extreme user-friendliness. From course creation all the way to marketing the majority of Kajabi’s aspects can be digestible for people who are only beginning to get started in the e-course world. Most of them are also advanced, which gives instructors who administer the course an edge over others. Lastly, it lets budding entrepreneurs like you run and develop a course-making business without the need to look elsewhere in case something is missing. Kajabi provides all the tools that anyone could require and is a true testament the ‘one-stop-shop’ moniker.
What Does It Let You Do?
There are numerous ways that Kajabi lets you do as an all-in-one e-course solution. We’ve compiled a list, in bullets of the most important characteristics that you might want to be aware of in the event you’re considering the option. Simply put, Kajabi lets you:
- Create engaging and interactive classes using a range of tools for customizing, media files, and templates that you can choose in accordance with your personal preferences.
- Create a professional website that can present your course content and materials and your own blog to keep your students informed about the latest developments;
- Effectively utilize the landing page, checkout pages and other viable ways to improve your profits, further your reach beyond the limits, and generate higher conversion rates;
- Choose how you wish to bill your courses and other services to your students – whether it’s a one-time fee or a monthly subscription;
- Create effective sales funnels with no any difficulties by making use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Use its own marketing and analytics software with the ability to send out e-mails, CRM, and automation tools.
- Set up and manage your affiliate links, and
- Explore a wide variety of community, customer service, and training resources, with the addition of the Kajabi University feature.
Big Names That Have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted and used by more than 16,000 organizations and big-name personalities. It’s the choice of several well-known personalities who are part of different industries, such as the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard, fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi hosts thousands on thousands of courses which are accessed and explored by more than 35 million students from all over the world. At the time of time of writing Kajabi is generating more than $650million in sales since it was founded in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing plans that Kajabi provides are very different than other online course creation tools in that they’re much more expensive. With monthly prices that start at as low as $119 it’s not surprising that it can be a hindrance for some who be interested in giving it a try. However, when you consider the number of important features included in each plan, the pricing is reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin at the Basic plan, which costs $149 per month, or $119/month when billed annually. This plan lets you can create three products, garner up to 1,000 active customers, and make websites that you are able to modify using the tools provided by Kajabi’s platform. Also included are unlimited pages for landing pages, unlimited marketing emails, and unlimited access to useful resources, such as one-on-one customer support and Kajabi University.
In addition to basic plans, there is the Growth plan which is the most sought-after plan on the platform with a monthly cost of $199 or $159/month if you pay annually. There is also the Pro plan, which costs $399 per month or $319/month annually and is packed to the brim with all the features you’d like when designing and selling your course. Kajabi does not currently offer any free plans. But a 14-day free trial is offered for each of the three plans. A longer trial of for up to 30 days also offered on select blogs. So if you’re looking to test the waters and determine if Kajabi is the right choice for you, then the brief free trial is the best way to go.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Love About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s in-house marketing suite of tools, such as email marketing and automation are designed to be optimized for business, and you don’t have to connect with any other third-party service for this!
- The sales funnel software. Another of the platform’s best-selling points The Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of well-tested and understandable blueprint templates – no need to overcomplicate yourself!
- The ability to customize without limitations. From designing professional-looking course websites up to the customized domain, Kajabi lets you customize to your hearts content and even create your own brand from scratch.
- The user-friendly and simple site as well as course editor. Making content with the site and the course builders hasn’t been so easy and swift, and it takes less time and effort to get everything done.
- Unlimited integrations. Aside from native integrations to 10 e-commerce, marketing and analytics solutions, connecting to Zapier’s app lets you to explore and choose from more than a thousand non-native platforms that can improve your efficiency.
- Establishing meaningful relationships with students and fellow instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature lets you connect with students enrolled in your classes. It also lets you make connections, network and celebrate with a multitude of teachers who happen to be in the same position as you.
The Cons – What We Don’t Like
- The pricing plans are hefty. Three pricing options offered by Kajabi cost more than the typical monthly prices that other providers offer. There’s no free option available neither.
- There are no built-in tools for issuance of certificates. You might need connect to a third-party certificate application if you intend to create custom-made ones of different kinds.
- There aren’t enough tools to facilitate student-instructor engagement. We aren’t happy with the absence of specific features, including appropriate discussion forums as well as the ability to randomly distribute quizzes or assignments. Kajabi Downsell
An Overview of the Kajabi Features
Easy of Use and Experience
One thing we love the most about Kajabi is the shockingly easy user experience. First, the majority of the platform’s users interface (UI) is structured. If you check the screen menu, you’ll notice that all features are divided into five major sections – Website, Products, Sales, Marketing and People. The layout of the menu does not allow for confusion, as certain features that are related to the specific section can be collapsed. The UI design is very consistent that reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-1” trademark. You get to create a landing page, modify your course, and communicate with your instructors through one website.
There is a search assistant tool that is useful whenever you want to look for something that is difficult to find. The Kajabi Assistant is found at the top part of the dashboard in the shape that of a bar for searching and allows you to search for specific tools and products on the site by entering the keywords. Like we said the courses and site builder sections are drag-and-drop, making the process simpler without having to know how to navigate the site. Kajabi is more user-friendly and has a less arduous learning curve compared to several of its peers. It can also be used in other languages than English if you wish to share your content with broader audience.
Course Creation and Engagement
If you take a look at Kajabi’s courses design feature, you will be able to see a collection of product or course templates, or what the platform calls them blueprints. Each blueprint for a product differs in terms of structure and design and can be customized to fit any instructor’s needs.
Included among the listed blueprints are Mini Courses, Online Courses, and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form quick courses which are generally designed as a way to build brand recognition, while Online Courses are full-version types that have a complete structure of content created to offer a “world-class” education experience. Drip courses on the other hand, are courses that are scheduled over a set series of weeks or days. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s an easier method of sharing your content if you as well as your students are occupied working on other projects.
Kajabi is known to many as a renowned premium course-maker. Apart from courses, the blueprints allow you to create a membership space that allows your customers to access exclusive content and a coach session that spans 12 weeks. You can also download a blank template where you can create a course or product from the ground up!
Categories Posts, Categories, as well as Content Uploads
If you continue to explore the course builder you will notice the outline of the sections and lessons that have been automatically added when you select any of the course blueprints. In the case of Kajabi, these parts and the lessons known as categories and posts, respectively. Posts are where you insert various types of content like text, videos and images, whereas the categories act as folders in which the posts are stored.
You can also include subcategories for posts in a category if you want to arrange your content in a flexible way. You may also drag and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a broad range of text and media files to be added to your posts, including MOV and MP4 files WAV and MP3 files, PDFs, and even Word documents. You can upload any of them either through your computer’s folders or via cloud-based file sharing platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can also add existing URLs of your videos to your posts!
Like several other course-making platforms, Kajabi allows you to utilize the bulk upload feature. Like the name implies it allows you to upload all the files you have uploaded to your course in the same tab. This is a great option especially when you’re performing other tasks.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi provides a selection of more than 10 themes for courses. In contrast to other LMS platforms that only allow you to be offered the choice of one or three themes, Kajabi lets you have the option of choosing several themes to suit various products. Like the outline builder, it’s relatively easy to customize any theme to suit your personal style. You can also incorporate elements of your brand like your logo images, fonts, and design into your course player to cultivate an individual touch. Kajabi Downsell
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi includes a quiz function called Assessments where you get to create quizzes and assignments and add them as part of your class. Assessments are an effective way to determine whether your students have learned something from the lessons you’ve provided them. Through the assessment option, you are able to choose from three different types of questions: multiple-choice paragraph-style, and multiple-selection. You can also set a passing score to motivate your students to engage with your content.
Aside from that aside from that, in addition, the LMS website also has been able to make strides in creating areas for students and teachers to communicate. With the Community feature, your learners are given access to participate and leave comments on all of your courses on their dashboards. You can also write your blog posts for discussion with the rest of them your previous lessons and also your future content. The community feature is offered either as a standalone product or as component of your member area.
Website Design and Customizability
Why should you upload your course materials with your domain name as well as WordPress site when Kajabi has the platform and the tools to create one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting across the 3 pricing options. The best part is that you’re guaranteed instant security and safety with an automatic SSL certification and the support of a team to manage your website.
Additionally, you have the freedom to customize your domain, and also pick from a wide array of premium, unique themes that you can modify to your hearts content! This doesn’t stop there. If you’re an expert edupreneur and have signed up to the Growth plan and above you are able to download custom-designed themes designed to meet the ever-changing needs of your business, plus eliminate all Kajabi brand names and then replace that with your custom-designed theme!
Similar to the course builder we’ve mentioned earlier, Kajabi’s page builder lets you modify any of the website themes with a suite of intuitive and easy-to-handle editing tools. If you continue to explore, you will be greeted with customizable sets of blocks and sections. They’re similar to those categories as well as posts from when we’ve talked about how to build courses. Blocks are referred to as the elements that compose the content of the website including text, media files as well as clickable button. Sections, on the other hand are made up of multiple well-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 preset section templates you can choose from the page builder’s dashboard. Since we’re all connected to our smartphones and tablets nowadays it is logical to use Kajabi to let your site automatically adjust to a mobile layout. You can even go the extra mile and select which site element you wish for your members to see. With all the necessary tools to make your site look however you want it to look Kajabi’s page builders are not just extremely flexible, but also fast to use.
Blogging and Other Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not have this feature, but Kajabi allows you to make sections of your website dedicated to your blog where you can post information and comments on the content of your course. If you’re looking to get the most out of your Kajabi-made site this service offers you the opportunity to publish your content without restriction. You can get started with your blog posts by creating your own using Text Editor. You can incorporate SEO elements if you’d like to have a wider reach or group your posts into various categories, and even customize how you would like your blog’s entire section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging features might not be on par as WordPress or Blogspot however, it does have enough tools to make it manageable. Additionally, you can also create podcasts that you could promote on your website. You can upload audio recordings of your podcast that will be hosted on the site and distributed to major podcasting platforms like the Apple Podcasts platform and Spotify. If you upload a podcast episode, you have two options: either release the podcast as a public one for free , or create an exclusive private version that only your users can get access to. Kajabi Downsell
Marketing and Sales
Part of what makes Kajabi so popular among edupreneurs is its slew of marketing and sales tools that are supremely user-friendly and easy even for those who aren’t marketing experts to use!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A big draw among the crowd, Kajabi’s built-in email marketing feature allows you to send e-mails related to your course and websites to your members who are subscribed students while seated on the platform. However, you might be amazed by the fact that it goes beyond simply send emails. With the help with Kajabi Automations, you get to create automated sequences of e-mails that are initiated by different types of user actions. For example, when your student logs in successfully to one of your courses after checkout, a welcome e-mail will be sent automatically directly to the student’s inbox. If another underperforms the course, an upsell will be delivered to offer suggestions for improvement Kajabi Downsell
You are able to create as many e-mails to your campaign as you like and schedule each of them in accordance to your preference. You can even select which members of your group are eligible to receive these messages. Managing e-mails has never been more extensive and yet simple to manage. Unlike other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with tools for marketing e-mails that you wouldn’t have to worry about integrating with other third-party platforms to make things work.
Aside from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing option where you get to assign some of your members as affiliates to help promote your content on behalf of your company. In addition to paying them a commission and monitoring their performance to see how well they contribute to boosting your conversion and click rates. Kajabi Downsell
Another one of Kajabi’s overall top features can be the Pipeline Builder, where you are able to design specialized marketing funnels with no overcomplicating difficulties. While other platforms offer similar features that require more effort and time however, this Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even beginners can make better use of it. This amazing feature lets you select from a set of pre-made funnel templates or pipeline blueprints. They include:
- Freebies are great for when you’d like to provide a freebie as a lead magnet to build your list
- Sales Page OVO – to use any time you wish to convince your target audience to buy your product via a sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use when you’re launching courses or another product
- Zoom Webinar OVO is a great option for any time you wish to promote your business through web-based training seminars
- Free Book OVO – to use anytime you’d like to showcase your content a free downloadable digital book
- Coaching Campaign OVO – to use when you’re trying to promote your classes through a series of coaching sessions
- Blank plan – to use whenever you’d like to construct your sales funnel from the ground
When you choose from one of the blueprints for your pipeline, Kajabi automatically creates pages and e-mails that you’ll require to create an efficient sales funnel. You can alter the way you wish your funnel to appear to your target audience. You could even alter the theme of your landing and checkout pages, for instance, to a different one – there is a library with more than 40 templates for landing pages that you can select from.
Payment and Pricing Options
Kajabi lets you integrate seamlessly with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal so that your member students can get to choose between them when they pay for your courses. Stripe is the common payment option that allows debit and credit card transactions and various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal is, on the other hand, is available as an option to subscribe and multi-payment plans. There aren’t any charges for transactions on Kajabi’s side because all your earnings are instantly transferred into your account at the banks.
In terms of pricing options, Kajabi gives an array of options for you to choose from. You can either cost your pupils for the services at different times (one-time subscription, one-time, or multiple payments) or give them away for free. You can also choose to choose whether you’re planning to charge a set amount for a specific product or a number of items, and specify specific dates your members can access within a specific timeframe. Additionally, you can create coupons to encourage your target audience to buy all of your products. Kajabi Downsell
Integrations with Third-Party Services
Kajabi may have a plethora of built-in services needed to make and market your courses however, you also have the option of connecting to third-party apps for an added boost in functionality. The platform currently supports the integration of ten natively-built integrations, such as the well-known analytics service Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier can be extremely helpful as it helps establish connections to hundreds of third-party apps and tools that range from e-commerce to user experiences.
Training and Support for Customers
In terms of customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over other platforms because it’s among the few course creation platforms that offer 24/7 live chat assistance. Contrary to similar services that offer customer support, Kajabi’s team is available to help you whenever you’re having difficulties in creating pages or courses, among other important issues, anytime and anywhere. However, it’s important to mention that this 24-hour service is only available to instructors who are subscribed to the Growth plan upwards – for basic users Live chat is available for certain times and times on weekdays. However, Kajabi’s method of customer service has been praised by those who utilize it to create meaningful course content. Kajabi Downsell
As for tools to train, Kajabi provides an array of options to use resources to learn and get used to. Its Kajabi Hero University is packed with courses, tutorials, and informative content especially geared towards teachers and edupreneurs to help them gain traction or boost their standing in the world of course design. Additionally, you can attend daily Q+A educational webinars with prominent experts from various fields as guests, plus, if you’re looking for other tips and tricks the help desk is available to help you in the right direction. Alongside Kajabi’s Hero University, there is Kajabi’s Hero Rewards program, where course creators get rewarded with numerous sweet rewards when they achieve their targets.
What else is missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi might be a fantastic all-in-one solution to create and sell your course material, but we have to look at a few crucial aspects that are not being addressed. Most of them would have been extremely helpful to improve the experience. These are some of the things that we wish would be added to Kajabi’s system in the near future:
- Built-in tools to issue certificates and certificates. While some provide this service instructors using Kajabi often will still need to connect to third-party software that are specialized in the issue of certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we may appreciate the way that the platform handles assessments within courses, we’d like for the lack of question type options – plus randomization of said types and their randomization to be resolved as quickly as possible.
- Additional payment options. As of the moment, only transactions via Stripe as well as PayPal are accepted. Not only that, but we aren’t sure if there are limitations too.
- A public API key. This would have been useful for creating custom integrations like the ability to let your subscribers log in with the single sign-in option in other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi could have the majority of the features an Edupreneur would ever want to have. But with the steep price plan and a plethora in features it may make some people turn away. If you’re looking for alternatives with collective similarities to Kajabi regarding reliability and performance we’ve listed a few worthy competitors that you may be considering in your decision. Kajabi Downsell
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in one services similar to Kajabi. The only difference is the cost beginning at just $67 per month, you can create unlimited courses and market to your audience of choice without worrying about the cost!
- Podia does not just claim to be a creator-friendly platform. It’s also very easy to use, much easier than Kajabi! Although you can benefit from marketing features Podia is much less heavy than other. But considering the very budget-friendly cost it’s easy to understand the way Podia can appeal to individuals who are just starting out in the business.
- While Kajabi does not have credentials or sophisticated quiz functions, Thinkific makes up for these features. With a price that is affordable for beginners It certainly has more industry-level functions than Kajabi which includes live lesson courses and an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is like Thinkific in the manner it works. However, it is important to understand the way that Teachable can integrate additional payment options, as it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay which are two gateways Kajabi doesn’t have. You can also avail one-on-one training and other key features.
In the end, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park in terms of offering a wide range of options that most entrepreneurs utilize. It sure does offer all the features you need, from intuitive functions needed to design a professional website , to the impressive integrated marketing suite, which includes the inclusion of easy-to-understand sales funnel blueprints and efficient e-mail marketing tools.
There may be a few instruments that aren’t there for example, the issue of certificates specifically. With a high cost, it may not be the wise option for those with a tight budget. But we do understand that even though Kajabi performs very well as an all-in-one solution for creating courses, it will always have limits. It doesn’t hinder it, however, from being a popular choice among established entrepreneurs and creators!
If you’re still looking to find an LMS that can provide everything you require on one platform, Kajabi is something you ought to seriously look into.
FAQ Kajabi Downsell
What is the meaning of Kajabi translate to?
The term “Kajabi” originates from a word with Islamic or Arabic origin that means “to take flight.”
Do I have the ability to sell physical items on Kajabi?
Yes! Aside from the usual classes, you can also sell physical products through Kajabi. You can also join with Shopify to build a fully functional online store on the platform!
Concerning e-mail marketing is it possible Kajabi could replace MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already has E-mail marketing tools integrated into the platform, it’s natural that it’s enough to replace third-party programs such as MailChimp. However, if you wish to utilize it, Kajabi still allows you to integrate it with other applications as well.
Are you sure that Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has an app for mobile devices so that you and the members who have subscribed can access your entire course materials even when in the move. Kajabi Downsell