Many learning management system (LMS) platforms come with many important features you can use when creating content of high quality. While there may be plenty of websites that allow you to utilize advanced marketing tools to market your courses to your intended audience, some may not have most of those things. Although some sites provide simple-to-use tools for creating courses, there will be a few that offer editing features that are that is so complicated it turns its users off.
In the sea of e-course platforms There are some which offer more than just an easy editing interface, but also a myriad of sales and marketing functions. Additionally they offer nearly everything you could think of including 24/7 support and training tools to top-of-the-line analytics. All-in-one course platforms let you discover the world beyond your boundaries and one of the platforms that provide it is Kajabi.
At a Glance How do you define Kajabi? Kajabi Email List
Kajabi can be described as an online service that allows you to create and sell your content to your student audience. The company is advertised as an all-in-one solution and platform for edupreneurs, Kajabi offers edupren all aspects of their lives with the most efficient and vital features to not just create a professional website for your courses but also allow them to grow to new heights. Kajabi is widely praised and considered to be one of the best online learning platforms, with an overwhelming positive rating from 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-received by its users? There are plenty of reasons that make the platform extremely convenient for all to use. Firstly, it’s the extreme ease of use. From course creation to the marketing services almost all of Kajabi’s features can be digestible even for those who are only beginning to get started in the world of e-learning. A majority of them are advanced, which gives instructors who administer the course the added edge over the rest. Additionally, it lets budding entrepreneurs like you run and develop a course-making business without having to go elsewhere in case something is missing. Kajabi offers all the tools anyone may need in order to live up to its ‘one-stop shop name.
What does it let you do? Do?
There are a variety of methods that Kajabi can use as an all-in-one online course solution. We’ve put together a list in bullet form of the key features that you may want to be aware of in the event you’re considering it. In essence, Kajabi allows you:
- Create interactive and engaging courses using a variety of customizing tools, media files, and templates that you can pick in accordance with your personal preferences.
- Create a professional website that can house your course contents and materials and a blog where you can keep your students informed about what else is new;
- Make the most of the landing page, checkout pages and other ways to improve your profits, further your reach beyond the limits and increase conversion rates;
- Choose how you wish to bill your courses and other services for your students, whether it’s one-time payments or a subscription for a month;
- Build effective sales funnels without any difficulties by making use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Utilize its in-house marketing and analytics suite with the ability to send out e-mails as well as CRM and automated tools.
- Create and manage your affiliate links; and
- Explore a wide variety of community, customer service and training materials and features, including Kajabi University.
Famous Names that have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted and used by over 16,000 businesses and celebrities. It’s the choice of several well-known personalities who come from different sectors, including online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard and fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is home to thousands of courses which are accessed and explored by more than 35 million students from across the globe. In the last writing, Kajabi is generating more than $650million in sales since it was founded in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing plans that Kajabi provides are different than other online course creation services in that they’re more expensive. With monthly prices that start at as low as $119 it’s not surprising that this might be an issue for those who might be interested in giving Kajabi a go. But considering the huge amount of features that are included within each plan, pricing is logically reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start by offering the Basic plan priced at $149 per month or $119/month for billing annually. This plan lets you get to create three products, garner up to 1000 active users, as well as create your own website you can modify using the tools provided by Kajabi’s platform. Included are unlimited landing pages, unlimited marketing emails as well as unlimited access to valuable resources, including one-on one customer support and Kajabi University.
Apart from basic plans, there’s the Growth plan that happens to be the platform’s most popular offer for $199 per month or $159/mo if paid annually. There is also the Pro plan for $399 per month or $319/month yearly that is loaded to the brim with every feature you’d like when you are making and selling your courses. Kajabi currently does not offer any free plans. However, a 14-day no-cost trial is available on all three plans. An extended trial that lasts as long as 30 days also offered on select blogs. So if you want to test the waters and see if Kajabi’s the right choice for you, the limited free trial is the best option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros and Cons – What We Really Like About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s own marketing suite of tools, which includes email marketing and automation are designed for businesses, so it isn’t necessary to integrate with any other third-party service for this!
- The software for sales funnels. Another one of the platform’s best-selling points The Pipeline Builder. Pipeline Builder lets you make use of tested and accessible blueprint templates. No need to be overly complicated!
- Unlimited customization. From creating professional-looking course websites down to the custom website, Kajabi lets you customize to your heart’s content – and even create your own brand from scratch.
- The easy and intuitive website along with course editors. Making content with the website and course builders hasn’t been this easy and swift, and it takes less time and effort to finish the job.
- Limitless integrations. Aside from native integrations with 10 e-commerce, marketing and analytics solutions, connecting to the app Zapier allows you to look and select from more than one thousand non-native platforms that can improve your efficiency.
- Making lasting connections with students and fellow instructors. Kajabi’s community feature lets you interact with students who are enrolled in your classes. It also lets you connect, network, and celebrate with tons of teachers who happen to be in the same position as you.
The Cons – What We Do Not Like
- The pricey pricing plans. Three pricing options offered by Kajabi cost more than the average monthly rate that other providers offer. There’s no free option available either.
- There is no built-in tool to issue certificates. You might need connect to a third-party certificate application if you intend to create custom-made ones of different kinds.
- Not enough tools for student-instructor engagement. We aren’t happy with the absence of specific tools, such as adequate discussion forums, as well as the ability to randomly assign the assignments or quizzes. Kajabi Email List
The Review of Kajabi’s features
Easy of Use and Experience
One thing we like about Kajabi is the surprisingly easy user experience. For one, most of the User Interface (UI) is well-organized. If you check the screen menu, you’ll notice that all features are organized into five main sections – Website Products, Sales, Marketing, and People. The design of the menu leaves no space for obstruction, since some of the elements that are associated with a specified section are collapsible. The UI layout is very consistent that reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-1” hallmark. You can create an online landing page, change your course, and interact with your fellow instructors through one website.
There is a search assistant tool that can be useful whenever you want to look for something that is difficult to locate. The Kajabi Assistant is located at the top of the dashboard in the shape as a “search bar, it allows you to search for tools and items on the site by typing in the keywords. As mentioned previously the courses and site builder sections can be dragged and dropped, making the process simpler without the need to know how to navigate it. Kajabi has a smoother learning curve than a couple of its contemporaries. It also supports multiple languages other than English if you wish to share your content with broader audience.
Course Design and Engagement
If you take a look at Kajabi’s courses design feature, you will soon encounter a list of course or product templates, or what the platform refers to them blueprints. Each of the blueprints for products differs in terms of structure and design and can be customized to fit any instructor’s needs.
The blueprints listed are Mini Courses as well as Online Courses as well as Drip Courses. Mini Courses are quick-form courses which are generally designed as a means of gaining the brand’s value, whereas online Courses are full-version courses with a full content structure designed for a “world-class” learning experience. Drip courses, on the other hand, are programs which are planned over the course of a specified number of weeks or days. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s an easier method of sharing your content when you or your students are busy with other activities.
Kajabi might be regarded by many as a renowned premium course maker. Apart from kinds of courses offered, the blueprints let you create a membership area where your customers can enjoy exclusive content and a coach session lasting 12 weeks. You can also download a blank template that allows you to create a course or product completely from scratch!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
When you look into the course builder, you’ll notice an outline of sections and lessons that were automatically included when you select one of the blueprints for your course. In Kajabi’s case, those parts and the lessons referred to as groups and posts and vice versa. Posts are where you put in different types of content, such as text, video images, and text, while the categories serve as folders where the posts are stored.
You can also include subcategories for posts in the same category, if you wish to arrange your content in a flexible way. You can also alter the outline by dragging it around. Kajabi accepts a variety of text and media files to include in your posts. These include MP4 and MOV files, MP3 and WAV files, PDFs and Word documents. Upload any of them either through your computer’s folders or through file-sharing cloud platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can copy and paste existing URLs for your videos into your blog posts!
As with a handful of other course-making platforms, Kajabi allows you to make use of the bulk upload feature. Like the name implies, you can add all your files to your course in one tab. This one is handy, especially if you’re busy working on other things.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi has a variety of over 10 course player themes. In contrast to other LMS platforms that only allow you to be allowed to select one or three themes, Kajabi lets you have the freedom to choose various themes for the different products. Like the outline creator, it’s simple to modify any theme to match your preferences. You can also incorporate elements that represent your brand including logos images, fonts, and design into your course player in order to give it a a personal touch. Kajabi Email List
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi has a quiz feature called Assessments. It allows you to create quizzes and assignments and include them as part of your course. Assessments can be a great way to assess whether your students have learned something from the lessons you’ve provided them. With the assessment feature, you get to choose between the three primary question types: multiple-choice, multi-selection, or paragraph-style. You can even set an acceptable score to encourage your students to be more engaged with your material more.
Apart from that in addition, it is also important to note that the LMS website also has made strides in providing spaces for teachers and students to communicate. Through the Community feature, students have access to participate and leave comments on any of your courses via their dashboards. It is possible to write your posts to discuss with other students your previous lessons and also your future content. The community feature is available as a separate feature or as an element of membership area.
Website Design and Customization
Why share your course contents to your web domain as well as WordPress website when Kajabi has the platform and tools you need to build one on the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting for all three pricing plans. The best part is that you’re assured of instant safety and security with the automatic SSL certification and an experienced team of experts to maintain your website.
You’re also given the liberty to modify your domain and also pick from a range of unique, professional themes, which you can personalize to your hearts content! This doesn’t stop there. if you’re an expert edupreneur and have signed up to the Growth plan and higher, you get to import custom-made themes built to meet the ever-changing needs of your business and also eliminate the Kajabi brand names and then replace it with your personal brand!
Similar to the course builder we’ve mentioned earlier, Kajabi’s page builder allows you to modify any of the website themes with a suite of easy-to-use and user-friendly editing tools. Upon further exploration, you will be greeted with a variety of customizable blocks and sections. They’re similar to the categories and posts we discussed when we discussed how to build courses. Blocks are referred to as the components that comprise the site’s content, such as text, media files as well as clickable button. Sections are, however, are formed by multiple neatly-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 pre-designed section templates that you can pick from the dashboard of the page builder. As we’re all glued to our smartphones and small tablets nowadays, it makes total sense to use Kajabi to let your site automatically adjust to a mobile-friendly layout. You can even go the extra mile and select the elements of your website you want for your members to see. With all the tools you need to build your site as you wish it to look Kajabi’s page builders are not just extremely flexible, but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Web-based Features
Other LMS platforms might not offer this feature, but Kajabi allows you to create an area on your site specifically for your blog. There, you can share updates and thoughts on the content of your course. If you’re looking to get the most the Kajabi-made website, the service provides you an area where you can post your blog posts without limitations. You can get started with your blog posts by creating your own using an editor for text. You can incorporate SEO elements if you wish to expand your reach, group your posts into various categories and even customize how you want your entire blog section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging features might not be on with WordPress or Blogspot, but it has enough tools to be manageable. In addition, you can create podcasts that you can promote on your site. You can upload the recordings of your podcast that will be hosted on your website and distributed to major podcast listening platforms such as iTunes Podcasts as well as Spotify. If you upload an episode of your podcast you can choose between two choices: publish it as a public podcast for free or make an exclusive private one that only your members can get access to. Kajabi Email List
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
Part of what makes Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is its array of marketing and sales tools that are supremely user-friendly and easy to even non- marketing experts to utilize!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A huge draw among the masses, Kajabi’s built-in E-mail marketing functions allow you to send emails related to your course and website to your subscribers students while seated on the platform. You might be surprised that it can do more than simply send emails. With the help of Kajabi Automations, you get to create automated sequences of e-mails that are triggered by different kinds of user actions. For example, when a student successfully logs into one of your classes after the checkout process, a welcome email will be automatically delivered into their email inbox. If the course performs poorly the course, an upsell will be sent to suggest an improvement Kajabi Email List
You can create as many e-mails to your campaigns as you like and schedule each of them according to your preferences. You can choose which members of your group are eligible to receive these messages. Managing e-mails has never been this comprehensive yet easy to handle. Unlike other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with tools for marketing e-mails that you don’t require integrating with other third-party platforms to make things work.
In addition, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing feature where you get to assign some of your members as affiliates to help in promoting your site on your behalf. Apart from paying them a commission, you may also track their performance to see how well they contribute to increasing your conversion rates and click rates. Kajabi Email List
Another one of Kajabi’s overall standouts are the Pipeline Builder, where you get to create specialized marketing funnels without a lot of problems. While other platforms offer similar features that require much more time and effort, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be extremely simple and quick that even those who aren’t experts can make better use of it. This stunning feature lets you choose from a variety of pre-designed funnel designs or pipeline blueprints. This includes:
- Freebies – to be used whenever you’d like to offer the freebie to lead magnet to grow your list
- Sales Page OVO – for any time you wish to convince your target public to buy your product via an online sales page
- Product Launch OVO is a great option for any time you’re launching a course or other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO is a great option for any time you wish to promote your business through web-based seminars
- Free Book OVO is a great resource for any time you wish to showcase your content the free digital book that you can download
- Coaching Campaign OVO is for whenever you’re promoting your courses through an array of coaching sessions
- Blank plan – to use whenever you’re looking to create an effective sales funnel right from starting
Once you select from any of the blueprints for a pipeline Kajabi instantly creates pages and e-mails that you’ll have to put together to make an efficient sales funnel. You can customize how you would like your sales funnel to appear to your target audience. You can even alter the theme of your landing and checkout pages, for example changing the design to a different theme There is a library full of 40+ page templates that you can choose from.
Payment and Pricing Options
Kajabi lets you integrate seamlessly with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal so that your students can choose between the two to pay for your courses. Stripe is the most popular payment method that accepts credit and debit card transactions as well as certain e-wallet providers across the world. PayPal, on the other side, is an option to subscribe and multi-payment plans. There aren’t any urgent charges for transactions on Kajabi’s side since all the money you earn are immediately sent to your bank account.
In terms of pricing options, Kajabi gives customers a variety of pricing options of pricing options. You can either make your student pay for services at various dates (one-time subscription, one-time, or multiple payments) or distribute them to them for free. You even have the chance to select if you’re going to charge a specific amount for a single product or multiple products, as well as set specific dates that your members can access within a given time frame. Additionally, you can create coupons that will further encourage your target audience to buy any of your offers. Kajabi Email List
Integration with Third-Party Services
Kajabi has a variety of built-in services needed to create and market your courses however, you also have the option of connecting to third-party apps for an added boost in functionality. Kajabi currently has the integration of ten natively-built integrations, such as the popular analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier comes in very handy because it allows connections with hundreds more third-party apps and tools that range from e-commerce to user experiences.
Training and Customer Support Resources
In terms of customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over its competitors because it is one of the few platforms for creating courses that offer 24/7 live chat support. Unlike some similar services that offer customer support, Kajabi’s team is available to assist you if you’re having difficulties in creating pages or courses, among other crucial issues, anytime and wherever. However, it’s important to mention that this 24-hour feature is available for instructors who subscribe to the Growth plan and above – for basic users live chat support is scheduled for specific times and on certain days during the day. The approach of Kajabi’s customer service has been well-received by many of the instructors who use it to create relevant educational content. Kajabi Email List
As for tools to train, Kajabi provides you a variety of ways to resources that you can learn and get used to. The Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses, and informative content especially targeted at educators and edupreneurs who want to get started or increase their standing in the course creation world. Additionally, you can attend every day Q&A webinars that feature leading experts from different fields as guests, plus when you’re looking for more tips and tricks assistance, the help section will be there to help you on your way. Apart from the platform’s Hero University, there is also a Kajabi Hero Rewards program where course creators are rewarded with many sweet perks when they reach their goals.
What is the other thing that is missing from Kajabi?
Kajabi may be a great all-in-one platform to develop and sell your course material, but we have to look at a few crucial aspects that are missing. Most of them would be extremely useful to improve the experience. These are some of the things we’d like to see included in Kajabi’s system soon:
- Built-in tools to issue certificates and credentials. While some provide this service instructors who utilize Kajabi often will still require connecting to third-party software that specialize in issuing certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we are pleased with the system’s handling of assessment within the course, we would like for the lack of question type options – plus randomization of said types and their randomization to be resolved as quickly as possible.
- Other payment options. At the time of writing only transactions made through Stripe as well as PayPal can be accepted. Not only that, but we don’t appreciate how there are limitations as well.
- A public API key. This would have been useful for custom integrations, such as having your students who have subscribed to your service sign in using the single sign-in option with other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi might have the most of the features any aspiring edupreneur could ever dream of. But due to its high price plan and a certain lack of features, it could cause some to be turned off. If you’re seeking alternatives that have collective similarities with Kajabi regarding performance and reliability, we’ve listed some worthy alternatives that you might think about in your decision. Kajabi Email List
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in one services similar to Kajabi. The only difference is the price that starts at $67/month You are able to create unlimited courses and market your course to the right audience without having to worry about the cost!
- Podia doesn’t just claim to be creator-friendly. It’s also very easy to use, far easier than Kajabi! In addition, you can make use of marketing features It’s a lot lighter than the other. With the extremely affordable price range it’s easy to understand how Podia can appeal to individuals who are just starting out in the business.
- While Kajabi lacks credentials and advanced quiz features, Thinkific makes up for the shortcomings. With a beginner-friendly price range and a wide range of features, it certainly offers more industry-level functions than Kajabi as well as live lessons and a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in terms of how it functions. However, it is important to understand how the former can incorporate additional payment options as it supports Google Pay and Apple Pay, two gateway services Kajabi doesn’t have. It also lets you utilize one-on-one coaching as well as other essential features.
Overall, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park by having nearly all the features that most edupreneurs can make use of. It does provide the basic features that everyone needs including the intuitive features needed to design a professional web pages to the fantastic built-in marketing suite with the addition of simple plans for sales funnels, as well as effective email marketing tools.
There could be some instruments that aren’t there like the issuance of certificates, in particular. With a high price tag, it may not be the wise choice for the budget-conscious. We do recognize that, while Kajabi does great as an all-in one solution for creating courses but it’s not without limits. However, that doesn’t stop it however, from becoming an extremely popular choice for established business owners and creators!
If you’re still looking to find an LMS that offers everything you need in one platform, Kajabi is something you must seriously think about.
FAQ Kajabi Email List
What does the word Kajabi mean?
The term “Kajabi” originates from a word of Islamic (or Arabic origin that means “to take flight.”
Can I sell physical goods on Kajabi?
Yes! In addition to the normal classes, you can also sell physical products on Kajabi. You can even connect with Shopify to create a fully-functioning E-commerce store using Kajabi!
Concerning e-mail marketing, is it possible that Kajabi can take over MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already has the tools for marketing via email built within the platform, it’s natural that it’s adequate to replace third-party applications such as MailChimp. However, if you do wish to utilize it, Kajabi still allows you to integrate with it and other applications as well.
Is Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even offers an app for mobile devices for you and the members who have subscribed can access your entire course materials even when traveling. Kajabi Email List