Many learning management system (LMS) platforms come with various important features you can utilize whenever you create meaningful content. Although there are plenty of websites that allow you to make use of advanced marketing tools to advertise classes to your target audience, others may not have most of these features. And while some offer easy-to-use tools to build courses, there’ll also be some that have an editing experience that is so complicated it turns its users off.
Among a sea of e-course platforms, there are a few which offer more than just the basic editing interface but also a plethora of marketing and sales functions. And on top of that, they also offer nearly everything you’d ever want such as 24/7 assistance and training resources to top-notch analytics. All-in-one platforms for courses allow you to explore beyond your limits, and one of those that provide it is Kajabi.
In a nutshell: What is Kajabi? Kajabi Examples
Kajabi is an internet-based platform which lets you create and sell your courses to an audience of students. The company is advertised as an all-in-one solution and platform for edupreneurs, Kajabi offers edupren all walks of life with optimized and necessary features that will not only create a professional website for your courses but also allow them to grow to new heights. Kajabi has been critically acclaimed and regarded as one of the top online course platforms, gaining an overwhelmingly positive rating from 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so well-liked and appreciated among its users? Well, there are quite plenty of aspects that make this platform extremely convenient for all to use. Firstly, it’s the extreme user-friendliness. From course creation to marketing the majority of Kajabi’s aspects are designed to be easily digestible for people who are new in the world of online courses. The majority of them are advanced, giving instructors an edge over the rest. In addition, it lets budding entrepreneurs such as you manage and build a course-making business without having to go elsewhere if anything else is missing. Kajabi offers all the equipment that one could need in order to live up its ‘one stop shop’ moniker.
What Does It Let You Do?
There are many kinds of methods that Kajabi can do as an all-in-one e-course solution. We’ve compiled a list, in bullets of the key features that you may want to watch out for in the event you’re considering using it. In essence, Kajabi allows you:
- Create interactive and engaging classes using a range of customizable tools such as media files, templates that you can pick in accordance with your personal preferences.
- Build a presentable website to display your course materials and products along with a blog where you can keep your students updated on what’s new.
- Effectively utilize websites, landing pages and checkout sites, and other ways to improve the profits you earn, extend your reach over the boundaries and boost conversion rates;
- Select the method you want to charge your courses or other items to your students – whether it’s a one-time payment or a monthly subscription;
- Build effective sales funnels without any difficulties by making use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Make use of its internal marketing and analytics software with the ability to send out e-mails and CRM as well as automation tools;
- Manage and create your affiliate links; and
- Explore an array of community, customer service, and training resources in conjunction with the Kajabi University feature.
Big Names That Have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is used and trusted by more than 16,000 organizations and big-name personalities. It’s the go-to choice for some of the well-known names who come from different industries, such as online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard and fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is the home of thousands on thousands of courses accessed and explored by over 35 million students across the globe. At the time of the time this article was written, Kajabi boasts more than $650 million of sales since its establishment in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing plans Kajabi provides are very different than other online course creation tools in that they’re more costly. With monthly costs that begin at as low as $119 it’s not surprising that it can be a hindrance for some who be interested in giving it a try. With the abundance of important features included in every plan, the price is logically reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin with the Basic plan priced at $149 per month or $119/month for billing annually. With this tier, you can create three products, gain up to 1,000 active customers, and make websites that you are able to customize with tools fully provided by the platform. Also included are unlimited pages for landing webpages, unlimitted marketing e-mails as well as unlimited access to useful resources, such as one-on-one customer support as well as Kajabi University.
Apart from The Basic Plan, there’s the Growth plan that happens to be the most sought-after plan on the platform at $199 a month or $159/mo if paid annually, as well as the Pro plan at $399 monthly or $319/month annually that is loaded with all the features you could ask for when you are designing and selling your course. Kajabi is currently not offering a free plan option. However, a 14-day free trial is offered for each of the three plans. A trial extension that runs up to 30 days is available on certain blogs. So if you want to test the waters and determine if Kajabi is the right choice for you, then the brief free trial is the best way to go.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Love About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s own marketing suite of tools, which includes e-mail marketing and automation, are optimized for businessuse, and you don’t have to connect with third-party solutions to do this!
- The software for sales funnels. Another one of the most popular features on the platform The Pipeline Builder. Pipeline Builder lets you make use of proven and easily accessible blueprint templates. No need to be overly complicated!
- The ability to customize without limitations. From creating professional-looking course websites up to the customized domain, Kajabi lets you customize to your hearts content and even create your own brand from the ground up.
- The simple and intuitive site and course editors. Making content using the site and the course creator software was never so easy and swift, and it takes less effort and time to complete the task.
- Unlimited integrations. Aside from native integrations to 10 e-commerce, marketing and analytics solutions, connecting to the app Zapier allows you to explore and choose among more than a thousand non-native platforms for better efficiency.
- Building worthwhile relationships with your students and instructors. Kajabi’s community feature lets you engage with the students enrolled in any of your courses. You can also make connections, network and share your joy with hundreds of teachers similar to you.
The Cons – Things We Don’t Like
- The pricey pricing plans. Kajabi’s three pricing plans are higher than the typical monthly prices offered by other services. There’s no free plan available as well.
- There are no built-in tools for issuance of certificates. You might need connect to a third-party certificate app if you plan to create custom-made ones of different kinds.
- Insufficient tools for instructor-student engagement. We’re not happy about the absence of certain features, like adequate discussion forums, as well as the ability to randomly distribute tests or assignments. Kajabi Examples
An Overview of the Kajabi Features
Ease of Use and Experience
One thing we like about Kajabi is the shockingly easy user experience. First, the majority of the user interface (UI) is well-organized. If you check the dashboard menu, you will see that the functions are divided into five major sections: Website Products, Sales, Marketing, and People. The menu’s design leaves no space for confusion, as certain features that are related to the specific section can be collapsed. The UI style is very uniform, reflecting Kajabi’s ‘all-in-one’ trademark. You can create a landing page, modify your course, and even communicate with your instructors on the same site.
There is a search assistant tool that comes in handy when you need to search for something that may be difficult to find. The Kajabi Assistant can be found in the top part of the dashboard in the form that of a bar for searching, and allows you to search for tools and items within the website by typing in the words. As mentioned previously that both the Kajabi site builder and course builder sections are drag-and-drop which makes the process easier without the need to know how to navigate the site. Kajabi has a smoother learning curve than a couple of its contemporaries. It can also be used in other languages than English if you wish to share your content with broader audience.
Course Design and Engagement
Once you explore Kajabi’s course design feature, you will quickly come across a variety of course or product templates, or, as the platform calls them, blueprints. Each of the blueprints for products varies in structure and type and can be customized to fit any instructor’s needs.
The blueprints listed are Mini Courses, Online Courses, and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form quick courses which are generally designed as a means of gaining brand value, while Online Courses are full-version types that have a complete structure of content created to offer a “world-class” education experience. Drip courses on the other hand, are courses that are scheduled for the course of a specified number of days or weeks. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s an easier method to distribute your content when you as well as your students are occupied with other activities.
Kajabi may be known by many as a popular premium course-maker. But, aside from the courses, the blueprints also allow you to create a membership space for your members to enjoy exclusive content as well as a coaching session lasting 12 weeks. There’s also a blank template where you can create your own course or product completely from scratch!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
When you look into the course builder, you’ll notice an outline of sections and lessons which have been automatically included when you select one of the blueprints for your course. In Kajabi’s case, those parts and the lessons called post categories as well as category, or. Posts are where you insert various types of content including text, video, and images, while the categories act as folders in which the posts are stored.
You can also include subcategories for posts in a category if you want to organize your content more flexiblely. You can also move and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a variety of media and text files to include in your posts, such as MOV and MP4 files WAV and MP3 files, PDFs and Word documents. Upload any of them either from your computer folders or through file-sharing cloud platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can even duplicate and paste URLs of your video to your posts!
As with a handful of other platforms for creating courses, Kajabi allows you to utilize the bulk upload feature. Similar to the name, you can add all your files to your course in one page. This one is handy especially when you’re doing other important stuff.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi has a variety of more than 10 themes for courses. In contrast to other LMS platforms that only allow you to be allowed to select the theme you want to use, Kajabi lets you have the option of choosing different themes for different products. Like the outline builder, it’s relatively simple to alter any of the themes to suit your personal style. You can even incorporate details that represent your brand like your logo or images as well as font designs into your course player in order to give it a your own personal style. Kajabi Examples
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi offers a quiz feature called Assessments that allows you to design and create assignments and quizzes and include them as part of your curriculum. Assessments are a helpful method of determining the extent to which your students gained from the lessons you’ve provided them. Through the assessment option, you are able to choose from three different types of questions: multiple-choice multi-selection, or paragraph-style. You can even create an assessment score that will encourage your students in engaging with your content.
Apart from that, in addition, the LMS website also has made strides in creating areas for teachers and students to communicate. Through the Community feature students have access to comment and interact with any of your courses via their dashboards. It is possible to write your blog posts for discussion with your fellow students about your lessons from the past and also your future content. The community feature can be accessed either as a standalone item or as a part of your membership area.
Website Design and Customization
Why would you want to publish your course content to your web domain or WordPress web site when Kajabi provides the platform and the tools to create one within the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting on the 3 pricing options. What’s great about this is you’re guaranteed immediate security and safety with the automatic SSL certification and a team to help maintain your website.
You’re also given the liberty to modify your domain as well as pick from a range of professional, one-of-a-kind themes, which you can modify to your liking! The possibilities don’t end there: if you’re an expert edupreneur and are a member of the Growth plan and higher you are able to use custom-designed themes that are built to fit your ever-expanding needs and also eliminate any Kajabi branding and replace that with your own!
Similar to the course builder that we’ve discussed earlier, Kajabi’s page builder allows you to alter any of the themes on the website using a variety of easy-to-use and user-friendly editing tools. After further exploration, you will be greeted with a variety of customizable blocks and sections. They’re essentially like the categories and posts from when we discussed how to build courses. Blocks are referred to as the elements that make up the content of the website, such as text, media files and clickable buttons. Sections are, however, are formed by multiple neatly-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 preset section templates can be picked from the page builder’s dashboard. As we’re all glued to our phones and tiny tablets these days it is logical to use Kajabi to have your website automatically adjust to mobile layout. You can even go the extra mile by picking the element of your site you would like for your members to view. With all the tools you need to make your site look however you want it to look the page builder from Kajabi is not only super flexible but also fast to use.
Blogging and Other Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not provide this, but Kajabi allows you to make sections of your website dedicated to your blog where you can share information and comments on the content of your course. If you’re looking to get the most out of your Kajabi-made site, the service provides you a space where you can do so without limits. It is possible to begin with the blog post by creating one using Text Editor. You may incorporate SEO elements if you want to reach a larger audience and organize your blog posts into various categories and even alter the way you would like your blog’s entire section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging features might not be on with WordPress or Blogspot however, it does have enough tools to allow it to be managed. In addition, you can create podcasts that you could promote on your site. You may upload recordings of your podcasts to be hosted on the website and distributed to major podcast listening platforms such as iTunes Podcasts as well as Spotify. When you upload an episode of your podcast, you have two choices: publish it as a podcast that is public for free or make an exclusive private podcast which only your subscribers can get access to. Kajabi Examples
Marketing and Sales
One of the reasons that make Kajabi so popular with edupreneurs is the variety of sales and marketing tools that are supremely convenient and simple enough even for those who aren’t marketing experts to use!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A big draw among the crowd, Kajabi’s built in email marketing feature allows users to send out e-mails related to your course and website to your subscribers students from the comfort of the platform. But you may be surprised that it can do more than simply send emails. With the aid with Kajabi Automations, you get to automate sequences of e-mails triggered by various user actions. For example, when your student successfully logs into one of your classes after checkout, a welcome e-mail will be sent automatically directly to the student’s inbox. If another underperforms the course, an upsell will be delivered to offer suggestions for improvement Kajabi Examples
You can create as many e-mails to your campaigns as you like and schedule each one in accordance with your preferences. You can also choose the members you want to receive those messages. Managing e-mails has never been so complete and easy to manage. Contrary to other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with marketing tools for e-mails. You wouldn’t have to worry about connecting to other third-party platforms in order to make it work.
Aside from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing function that lets you assign certain members of yours as affiliates to help advertise your website on your behalf. In addition to paying them the commission rate it is also possible to track their performance to gauge the extent to which they are contributing to increasing your conversion rates and click rates. Kajabi Examples
Another of Kajabi’s standouts are the Pipeline Builder, where you are able to design specialized marketing funnels without a lot of problems. While other platforms offer similar features that require much more time and effort, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even beginners can benefit from it. This stunning feature allows you to choose from a collection of pre-made funnel templates or pipeline blueprints. They include:
- Freebies – to be used whenever you’d like to offer the freebie to lead magnet to build your list
- Sales Page OVO is a great option when you need to convince your target customers to purchase your product by utilizing the sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use any time you’re launching a course or other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – to use occasions when you need to advertise your products through web training seminars
- Free Book OVO – for whenever you want to market your content the free digital book that you can download
- Coaching Campaign OVO – to use whenever you’re promoting your courses through a series of coaching sessions
- Blank plan – to use whenever you’d like to construct an effective sales funnel right from the ground
When you choose from one of the blueprints for your pipeline Kajabi will automatically generate pages and emails you’ll have to put together to make an efficient sales funnel. You can alter the way you want your pipeline to appear to your target audience. You may even change the design of your landing and checkout pages, for example, to a different one – there is a library full of 40+ templates for landing pages that you can pick from.
Payment and Pricing Options
Kajabi lets you seamlessly integrate with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal so that your member students are able to select one of them to pay for your classes. Stripe is the common payment method that accepts debit and credit card transactions, as well as select e-wallet providers all over the world. PayPal is, on the other on the other hand, is an option to subscribe and multi-payment plans. There are no pressing charges for transactions on Kajabi’s side since all the money you earn will be immediately transferred into your account at the banks.
In terms of pricing options, Kajabi gives you a wide range to choose from. You can cost your pupils for the products at different dates (one-time, subscription, and several payments) or give them away to them for free. You even have the chance to decide if you want to charge a specified price for a single product or multiple products, as well as specify specific dates your members can access within a given period of time. You can also create coupons to encourage your customers to purchase all of your products. Kajabi Examples
Integration with Third-Party Services
Kajabi is a host of built-in tools to develop and promote your courses, but you also have the option to connect to third-party apps for an additional boost of functions. Kajabi currently has 10 native integrations, which include the well-known analytics service Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier comes in very handy because it allows connections to hundreds of third-party applications and tools, ranging including e-commerce and user experience.
Training and Support for Customers
In terms of customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over other platforms because it’s among the few platforms for creating courses that offer 24/7 live chat assistance. In contrast to other similar platforms the Kajabi customer support team is always ready to help you whenever you encounter difficulties creating pages or courses, among other crucial issues, anytime and anywhere. However, it’s important to note that this 24 hour support is available to instructors that are on the Growth plan and above – for Basic users Live chat support is scheduled at specific times and on certain days on weekdays. Nonetheless, Kajabi’s approach to customer service has been well-received by those who utilize it to develop relevant course content. Kajabi Examples
In terms of tools to train, Kajabi provides the user a range of access to access resources that you can master and become familiar with. Its Kajabi Hero University is packed with courses, tutorials and educational content specifically geared towards teachers and edupreneurs to help them gain traction or boost their standing in the field of course development. There are also weekly Q&A-style educational webinars featuring top experts from various fields as guests, plus when you’re looking for additional advice and tricks the help desk is always there to guide you on your way. Alongside the platform’s Hero University, there is Kajabi’s Hero Rewards program in which course creators can earn numerous sweet rewards when they meet their objectives.
What Else is Missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi could be an excellent all-in-one tool to design and market your course content, but we have to take care of a few essential things that are not being addressed. Most of them would be extremely useful to improve the experience. These are some of the things we would like to see included in Kajabi’s system soon:
- Built-in tools to issue certificates and certificates. Although some of them offer this option instructors who utilize Kajabi frequently will require a connection to third-party software which specialize in issuance of certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we appreciate the platform’s handling of assessments within the course, we would like for the lack of options for question types and the randomization of those types that is addressed as soon as possible.
- Other payment options. At the time of writing there are only two options for transactions: Stripe or PayPal are accepted. Not only that, but we aren’t sure if there are limitations also.
- A public API key. This could be useful for custom integrations, for example, letting your subscribed students login using a single sign-in feature with other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi may have essentially most of the features that an aspiring edupreneur could ever dream of. But due to its high price plan and a plethora of features, it may make some people turn away. If you’re looking for alternatives with similarity to Kajabi with regards to performance and reliability We’ve provided a list of worthy competitors you might think about in making your choice. Kajabi Examples
- New Zenler is an online course platform that offers all-in-one solutions similar to Kajabi. The only difference is the cost – starting at only $67/month You are able to create unlimited courses and advertise your course to the right audience without having to worry about the cost!
- Podia does not just claim to be a creator-friendly platform. It’s also very easy to use, far easier than Kajabi! While you get to make use of marketing features It’s a lot lighter than the other. But considering the very budget-friendly price range, we can see the way Podia can appeal to those who want to start their own business.
- While Kajabi does not have credentials or more advanced features for quizzes, Thinkific makes up for these features. With its affordable price It certainly has higher-end features than Kajabi which includes live lessons and an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in the way it works. However, it is important to understand how the former can incorporate additional payment options since it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay two gateways that Kajabi does not have. Additionally, it allows one-on-one coaching as well as other essential features.
All in all, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park by having nearly all the features that most edupreneurs can use. It sure does offer the essentials anyone must need, from intuitive functions needed to design a professional website to the stellar built-in marketing suite with the addition of simple diagrams of sales funnels as well as efficient marketing tools for e-mails.
There may be a few tools missing, such as the issue of certificates in particular. Also, with its high price tag, it may not be the right choice among the budget-conscious. But we do understand that, while Kajabi does great as an all-in one solution for creating courses however, it’ll always have limits. However, that doesn’t stop it but it is an extremely popular choice for established entrepreneurs and creators!
If you’re still looking for an LMS that can provide everything you require on one platform, Kajabi is something you ought to seriously think about.
FAQ Kajabi Examples
What does the word Kajabi refer to?
The term “Kajabi” derives from a word of Islamic as well as Arabic origin, which translates to “to fly.”
Do I have the ability to sell physical items on Kajabi?
Yes! Aside from the usual courses, you can also sell physical products through Kajabi. You can even connect with Shopify to build a fully functional E-commerce store using the platform!
In terms of e-mail marketing, is it possible that Kajabi can take over MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already includes the tools for marketing via email built into the platform, it makes sense that it’s adequate to take over third-party apps like MailChimp. However, if you wish to utilize the platform, Kajabi still allows you to connect it with other applications as well.
Are you sure that Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even offers a mobile app to ensure that you and your subscribers can access your entire courses even while traveling. Kajabi Examples