Hundreds of learning management system (LMS) platforms have many crucial features that you can utilize whenever you create meaningful content. While there could be a lot of websites that allow you to make use of modern marketing tools to promote your courses to your intended audience, some may not have most of these features. Although some sites provide simple-to-use course-building tools, there will be a few that offer editing features that are that is so complicated it turns its users off.
Within the sea of online course platforms There are a handful that provide more than the basic editing interface but also a myriad of marketing and sales functions. In addition to that, they also offer almost all you can think of such as 24/7 assistance and training materials to top-quality analytics. All-in-one platforms for courses allow you to go beyond the limits of your abilities, and one of those which can provide this is Kajabi.
At a Glance: What is Kajabi? Kajabi Video Format
Kajabi can be described as an online service that lets you make and sell your courses to an student audience. The company is advertised as an all-in-one solution that provides entrepreneurs from all aspects of their lives with the most efficient and vital features to not just build a professional-looking site for your courses, but also allow them to grow to higher levels. Kajabi has been critically acclaimed and is regarded as one of the top online course platforms, gaining an overwhelming score of 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-received by its users? Well, there are quite plenty of factors that make this platform extremely convenient for all to utilize. Firstly, it’s the extreme simplicity of usage. From course creation to the marketing services the majority of Kajabi’s features have been designed so that they are easily digestible even for those who are just getting started in the world of online courses. Most of them are also advanced, which gives instructors who administer the course an advantage over other instructors. In addition, it lets budding entrepreneurs such as you manage and build an online course without the need to look elsewhere in case something is not available. Kajabi offers all the tools that anyone could require, living up its ‘one stop shop name.
What does it let you do? Do?
There are numerous options that Kajabi allows you to use as an all-in-one online course solution. We’ve compiled a list, in bullets of the key characteristics that you might want to be aware of in the event you’re considering the option. In essence, Kajabi allows you:
- Create engaging and interactive courses with a wide array of tools for customizing including media files, templates that you can pick depending on your preferences;
- Create a visually appealing website to display your course materials and products along with blogs to keep your students up-to-date on what else is new;
- Make the most of landing pages, checkout pages and other effective methods to boost the profits you earn, extend your reach over the boundaries, and generate higher conversion rates;
- Decide how you would like to invoice your courses and other services to your students – whether it’s a one-time fee or a monthly subscription;
- Build effective sales funnels without any problems through the use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Use its own marketing and analytics software with e-mail marketing and CRM as well as automation tools;
- Manage and create your affiliate links.
- Explore a wide variety of customer service, community and training tools, with the addition of Kajabi University.
The Big Names Who Have Utilized Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted by more than 16,000 companies and big-name personalities. Kajabi is the preferred choice of many of the most well-known people who come from different industries, such as the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is home to thousands upon thousands of courses, which are accessed and explored by more than 35 million students all over the world. As of this the time this article was written, Kajabi boasts more than $650 million of revenue since its inception in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing options that Kajabi provides are very different than other online course-making services in that they’re more expensive. With monthly prices that start as low as $119, it’s not surprising that this can impede some people who would be interested in giving the service a shot. With the abundance of important features included into every plan, the price is logically reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin with the Basic plan that costs $149 per month or $119/month when billed annually. This plan lets you are able to design three products, garner an maximum of 1,000 active customers, and design a website that you can modify using the tools provided by the platform. Also included are unlimited landing websites, indefinite marketing e-mails, and unlimited access to helpful resources, including one-on-one customer service and Kajabi University.
Apart from the Basic plan, there’s the Growth plan that happens to be the most sought-after plan on the platform with a monthly cost of $199 or $159/mo if paid annually. There is also the Pro plan for $399 per month or $319/month yearly that is loaded with every feature you’d like when you are creating and selling your courses. Kajabi is currently not offering an option to pay for the plan. However, a 14-day free trial is offered for all three plans. A longer trial of up to 30 days is also available on selected blogs. If you want to try the service and determine if Kajabi is the right fit for you, the limited trial period is the ideal method to start.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Love About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s in-house marketing suite of tools, which includes email marketing and automation are optimized for business, and it isn’t necessary to integrate with third-party solutions to do that!
- The software that creates sales funnels. Another of the platform’s best-selling points is the Pipeline Builder. Pipeline Builder lets you make use of proven and easily accessible blueprint templates. No need to be overly complicated!
- The ability to customize without limitations. From creating professional-looking course websites up to the customized name, Kajabi lets you customize to your heart’s content – and even create your own brand from scratch.
- The simple and intuitive site and course editors. Making content using the site and course builders hasn’t been this easy and swift, and it takes less time and effort to finish the job.
- Limitless integrations. Apart from native integrations to 10 e-commerce, marketing and analytics tools, connecting to Zapier’s app allows you to explore and choose among more than a thousand non-native platforms to increase effectiveness.
- Making lasting connections with students and fellow instructors. Kajabi’s community feature lets you connect with students in your classes. It also lets you make connections, network and celebrate with a multitude of teachers who happen to be in the same position as you.
The Cons – Things We Don’t Like
- The pricey pricing plans. The three plans offered by Kajabi are more than the average monthly rate that other providers offer. There’s no free plan available either.
- There are no built-in tools for issuance of certificates. You might need connect to a third-party certificate software if you want to design custom-made certificates of various types.
- Insufficient tools for instructor-student engagement. We aren’t happy with the absence of specific tools, such as appropriate discussion forums as well as the ability to randomly assign the assignments or quizzes. Kajabi Video Format
An Overview of the Kajabi Features
Ease of Use and Experience
One thing we love one thing we like about Kajabi is the shockingly easy user experience. One of the reasons is that the User Interface (UI) is structured. If you check the dashboard menu, you may notice that all features are organized into five main sections: Website Products, Sales Marketing, and People. The menu’s design is clear and free of confusion, as certain elements that are associated with specific sections are able to be collapsed. The UI layout is very consistent that reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-1” brand name. You can build a landing page, modify your course, and interact with your fellow instructors on the same site.
There is a search assistant tool that can be useful whenever you want to look for something that is hard to find. The Kajabi Assistant is located at the top part of the dashboard in the shape that of a bar for searching, and it lets you look for items and tools on the site by typing in the search terms. Like we said, both Kajabi’s website builder and course builder sections are drag-and-drop, making the process simpler without having to know how to navigate the site. Kajabi is a more streamlined learning curve compared to several of its peers. It is also compatible with other languages that English for those who want to expose your content to broader audiences.
Course Creation and Engagement
If you take a look at Kajabi’s courses creation function, you may quickly come across a variety of product or course templates or, as the platform refers to them blueprints. Each of the product blueprints varies in structure and type and can be easily modified to suit the needs of instructors.
The blueprints listed are Mini Courses and Online Courses as well as Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form quick courses that are usually created as a way to build brand value, while Online Courses are full-version courses with a full content structure designed for a “world-class” education experience. Drip courses, on other hand, are programs that are scheduled over the course of a specified number of weeks or days. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s a much more convenient method of sharing your content if you as well as your students are occupied with other things.
Kajabi might be regarded by many as a renowned premium course-maker. Apart from courses, the blueprints let you create a membership space where your customers can enjoy exclusive content and a coach session for 12 weeks. You can also download a blank template which allows you to design a course or product from scratch!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
If you continue to explore the course builder you’ll notice an outline of sections and lessons which have been automatically added if you choose one of the blueprints for your course. In the case of Kajabi, these parts and the lessons called categories and posts, and vice versa. Posts are where you put in different kinds of content, including text, video and images, whereas the categories function as folders where the posts are kept.
You can also include subcategories of posts under the same category, if you wish to arrange your content in a flexible way. You may also drag and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a variety of text and media files that can be used to add to your posts, such as MOV and MP4 files, WAV and MP3 files, PDFs as well as Word documents. Upload all of them directly through your computer’s folders or via cloud-based file sharing platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can also copy and paste existing URLs of your video to your blog posts!
Like several other platforms for creating courses, Kajabi allows you to utilize the bulk upload feature. Like the name implies, you can add all the files you have uploaded to your courses on one tab. This can be useful especially when you’re performing other tasks.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi has a variety of 10+ themes for course players. In contrast to other LMS platforms where you’re only allowed to select one or three themes, Kajabi lets you have the choice of selecting various themes for the various products. Similar to the course outline builder, it’s relatively easy to customize any theme to match your preferences. You can even incorporate details of your company’s image, such as the logo or images as well as font design into your course player in order to give it a a personal touch. Kajabi Video Format
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi includes a quiz function called Assessments where you get to design and create assignments and quizzes and include them as part of your curriculum. Assessments can be a great method of determining the extent to which your students gained from the curriculum you’ve given them. Through the assessment feature, you can select from three main question types: multiple-choice, paragraph-style, and multiple-selection. You can even set a passing score to motivate your students in engaging with your content.
In addition, the LMS website also has made progress in creating spaces for students and teachers to connect. Through the Community feature students have access to comment and interact with any of your courses through their dashboards. You can also write your blog posts for discussion with other students your previous lessons as well as your future content. The community feature is available either as a standalone feature or as an element of membership area.
Website Design and Customizability
Why should you upload your course materials with your domain name as well as WordPress web site when Kajabi provides the platform and tools to make one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting on all 3 pricing options. What’s awesome about it is you’re guaranteed immediate security and security through an automated SSL certification and the support of a team to manage your website.
Additionally, you have the freedom to modify your domain as well as choose from a wide array of professional, one-of-a-kind themes that you can customize to your hearts content! This doesn’t stop there. If you’re an expert edupreneur and have signed up to the Growth plan and higher you are able to use custom-designed themes that are built to meet the ever-changing needs of your business as well as eliminate any Kajabi brand names and then replace that with your personal brand!
Similar to the course builder we’ve mentioned earlier, the page builder from Kajabi allows you to alter any of the given website themes with a suite of intuitive and easy-to-handle editing tools. After further exploration you’ll be presented with customizable sets of blocks and sections. They’re basically like those categories as well as posts we discussed when we’ve discussed our course building tool. Blocks are the components that comprise the content of the website including text, media files as well as clickable button. Sections, on the other hand, are formed by multiple neatly-arranged blocks.
There are more than 40 pre-designed section templates that can be picked from the page builder’s dashboard. As we’re all glued to our phones and tiny tablets it is logical to use Kajabi to let your site automatically adjust to a mobile layout. It’s even possible to go the extra mile by choosing the elements of your website you want for your members to see. With all the necessary tools to create your website as you wish it to look the page builder from Kajabi is not just incredibly flexible, but also fast to use.
Blogging and Other Useful Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not have this feature, but Kajabi lets you create an area on your site specifically for your blog. There, you can post information and comments on the content of your course. If you’re looking to get the most of your Kajabi-made site it provides a space where you can publish your content without restriction. You can get started with the blog post by creating your own using Text Editor. You can include SEO elements if you want to reach a larger audience and organize your blog posts into different categories, and even alter the way you would like your blog’s entire section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging capabilities might not be on the same level as WordPress or Blogspot however, it does have enough tools to be manageable. You can also create podcasts that you can promote on your website. You can upload audio recordings of your podcast to be hosted on the site and distributed to major podcasting platforms, such as the Apple Podcasts platform and Spotify. When you upload a podcast episode, you have two options: release the podcast as a public one for free or make an exclusive private podcast that only your users have access to. Kajabi Video Format
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
Part of what makes Kajabi so popular among edupreneurs is the variety of marketing and sales tools that are highly easy and straightforward for even those who aren’t marketing experts to utilize!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A huge draw among the crowd, Kajabi’s built in e-mail marketing function allows users to send out e-mails about your course and website to your subscribed member students while seated on the platform. But you may be surprised by the fact that it goes beyond simply send emails. With the help of Kajabi Automations, you get to build automated sequences of e-mails that are triggered by different kinds of user actions. For example, when your student is successfully logged in to one of your classes after the checkout process, a welcome email will be automatically delivered into their email inbox. If another course is not performing the course, an upsell will be sent to suggest improvement Kajabi Video Format
You are able to create as many emails to your campaign as you like and schedule each of them according to your preferences. You can also choose which of your members gets to receive these messages. E-mail management has never been this complete and easy to manage. Contrary to other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with e-mail marketing tools that don’t require integrating with other third-party platforms to make things work.
Aside from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing option that lets you assign certain members of your group as affiliates to help in promoting your site on your behalf. In addition to paying them a commission, you may also track their performance to gauge how they can contribute to increasing your conversion and click rates. Kajabi Video Format
Another of Kajabi’s notable features is one of the best features is Pipeline Builder, where you are able to design specialized marketing funnels with no overcomplicating issues. While other platforms provide similar features that require more effort and time, this Pipeline Builder is designed to be so quick and easy that even beginners can make better use of it. This amazing feature allows you to choose from a variety of pre-designed funnel designs or pipeline blueprints. These include the following:
- Freebies – to be used whenever you’d like to offer a freebie as a lead magnet to increase your list
- Sales Page OVO is a great option any time you wish to persuade your public to buy your product via the sales page
- Product Launch OVO – for whenever you’re launching a course or another product
- Zoom Webinar OVO is a great option for any time you wish to promote your product via web training seminars
- Free Book OVO – to use anytime you’d like to market your content an online book for free download.
- Coaching Campaign OVO is for any time you’re promoting your courses through an array of coaching sessions
- Blank plan – to use whenever you’re looking to create the sales funnel you want from beginning
After you pick one of the blueprints for a pipeline, Kajabi automatically creates a set of pages and e-mails you will need to pull off an efficient sales funnel. You may customize however you would like your sales funnel to appear to your target audience. You can even alter the look of your landing and checkout pages, for instance changing the design to a different theme There is a library full of 40+ page templates that you can choose from.
Prices and Payment Methods
Kajabi lets you integrate seamlessly with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal to ensure that your students can choose one of them to pay for your classes. Stripe is the most popular payment option that accepts credit and debit card transactions as well as various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal is, on the other hand, is available as an option to subscribe as well as multi-payment plans. There aren’t any urgent fees for transactions on the part of Kajabi, as all your earnings will be immediately transferred into your account at the banks.
For price options for Kajabi, it gives customers a variety of pricing options of pricing options. You can either make your student pay for products at various times (one-time subscription, one-time, or multiple payments) or hand them out for free. You also have the option to select if you’re going to charge a specific amount for a specific item or for a variety of items, and establish specific dates for your customers can access within a specific period of time. You also get to generate coupons to encourage your customers to purchase any of your offers. Kajabi Video Format
Integrations to Third-Party Services
Kajabi may have a plethora of built-in tools to develop and promote your courses however, you also have the option to connect to third-party apps for an additional boost of functions. The platform currently supports ten native integrations, including the well-known analytics service Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier comes in very handy because it allows connections with hundreds of other tools and third-party apps that range from e-commerce to user experiences.
Customer Support and Training Resources
When it comes to customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over its competitors because it’s among the only course creation platforms that offer 24/7 live chat assistance. Contrary to similar services that offer customer support, Kajabi’s team is available to help you whenever you encounter difficulties creating a course or page among other crucial issues, anytime and from anywhere. However, it’s important to note that this 24 hour feature is available for instructors who are subscribed to the Growth plan up to for Basic users live chat is available at specific times and on certain days of the week. The approach of Kajabi’s customer service has been praised by many of the instructors who use it to create relevant educational content. Kajabi Video Format
As for training tools, Kajabi offers an array of options to use resources to learn and get used to. Its Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, classes and educational content specifically targeted at educators and edupreneurs, to help them jumpstart or improve their position in the field of course development. There are also weekly Q&A-style educational webinars featuring prominent experts from various fields as guests, plus, if you’re looking for more information and tips, the help center is always there to guide you on your way. Alongside Kajabi’s Hero University, there is also a Kajabi Hero Rewards program, where course creators can earn many sweet perks when they achieve their targets.
What Else is Missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi could be an excellent all-in-one tool to design and sell your course material however, we must address a few vital things that are missing. A majority of them could have been extremely helpful in improving the experience. These are some of the things that we wish would be included in Kajabi’s system soon:
- Built-in tools for issuance of certificates and other credentials. While some offer this feature instructors who utilize Kajabi will often require connecting to third-party software which specialize in issuance of certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we appreciate the way that the platform handles assessments within courses, we’d like for the lack of options for question types as well as randomization of these types – to be addressed soonest.
- Other payment options. As of the moment only transactions made through Stripe as well as PayPal are accepted. Not only that, but we don’t understand why there are certain limits also.
- A public API key. This would have been useful in making custom integrations, for example, letting your subscribed students log in with the single sign-in option in other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi could have the majority of the features an Edupreneur would ever want to have. But due to its high price plan and a certain lack of features, it may turn some people off. If you’re looking for alternatives that share commonalities with Kajabi with regards to reliability and performance We’ve provided a list of worthy competitors you might want to consider when making your choice. Kajabi Video Format
- New Zenler is an online course platform that offers all-in-one services similar to Kajabi. The only difference is the cost beginning at just $67 per month You are able to create unlimited courses and advertise to your audience of choice without worrying about the cost!
- Podia isn’t just claiming to be user-friendly. It’s also extremely easy to use, and much more user-friendly than Kajabi! In addition, you can benefit from marketing features, it’s much lighter than the other. But considering the very budget-friendly price we can understand how Podia can appeal to DIY entrepreneurs getting into the business.
- While Kajabi isn’t a reputable platform and lacks advanced quiz features, Thinkific makes up for these features. With a price that is affordable for beginners It certainly has higher-end features than the other, and this includes live lessons and a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in the manner it works. However, it is important to understand how the former can incorporate additional payment options since it supports Google Pay and Apple Pay, two gateway services Kajabi does not have. It also lets you utilize one-on-one training and other key features.
In the end, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park by offering a wide range of options that most entrepreneurs use. It certainly has the essentials anyone must need to be able to design a professional website , to the impressive built-in marketing suite with the addition of simple diagrams of sales funnels as well as efficient email marketing tools.
There could be some tools that are missing like the issuance of certificates in particular. Also, with its high cost, it may not be the right option for those with a tight budget. But we do understand that while Kajabi is well in being an all-in-one solution for course creation, it will always have limits. That doesn’t stop it, however, from being a favorite among experienced business owners and creators!
If you’re looking for an LMS that offers everything you require in one place, Kajabi is something you ought to seriously look into.
FAQ Kajabi Video Format
What is the meaning of Kajabi refer to?
The term “Kajabi” originates from a word with Islamic as well as Arabic origin that means “to take flight.”
Do I have the ability to sell physical items on Kajabi?
Yes! In addition to the normal classes, you can also sell physical products through Kajabi. You can even integrate with Shopify to set up a fully functioning online store on Kajabi!
Regarding marketing via e-mail, is it possible that Kajabi can replace MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already includes E-mail marketing tools integrated within the platform, it’s natural that it’s enough to replace third-party applications such as MailChimp. However, if you want to use the platform, Kajabi still allows you to connect it with other apps as well.
Are you sure that Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even offers an app that can be downloaded on mobile so that you and your subscribers have access to all courses even while on the go. Kajabi Video Format