A myriad of learning management systems (LMS) platforms offer various crucial features that can be utilized whenever you create meaningful content. Although there are plenty of websites that allow you to make use of modern marketing tools to market the courses you offer to your intended audience, others may not have most of those things. Although some sites provide simple-to-use course-building tools, there will also be some that have an editing experience so complex that it turns its users off.
Within the sea of online course platforms There are a handful which offer more than just an easy editing interface, but also a myriad of sales and marketing functions. And on top of that they offer almost everything you’d ever want, from 24/7 help and training resources to top-notch analytics. All-in-one platforms for courses allow you to go beyond the limits of your abilities, and one of those that provide it is Kajabi.
At a Glance: What is Kajabi? Kajabi Experts
Kajabi is an online platform that allows you to create and sell your courses to an student audience. It is marketed as a complete service that provides entrepreneurs from all kinds of industries with the best and essential features needed to not only create a professional website for your courses but help them rise to higher levels. Kajabi has been praised by the media and is regarded as one of the best online courses platforms, earning an overwhelmingly positive rating of 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so popular and well-received among its users? It’s true that there are plenty of factors that make this platform extremely convenient for all to utilize. It’s first and foremost the user-friendliness. From the course creation to marketing and sales almost all of Kajabi’s aspects have been designed so that they are easily digestible even for those who are only beginning to get started in the world of e-learning. The majority of them are advanced, giving administrating instructors the added edge over others. In addition it allows budding entrepreneurs such as you manage and build an online course without having to go elsewhere in case something isn’t available. Kajabi has all the available tools that anyone could require in order to live up its ‘one stop shop’ moniker.
What does it let you do? Do?
There are many kinds of options that Kajabi allows you to do as an all-in-one e-course solution. We’ve put together a list in bullets of the key attributes that you ought to watch out for if you’re considering it. In simple terms, Kajabi allows you:
- Create interactive and engaging courses with a wide array of customizing tools such as media files, templates that you can pick according to your preference;
- Create a visually appealing website to house your course contents and materials and blogs to keep your students up-to-date on what else is new;
- Efficiently make use of websites, landing pages and checkout sites and other ways to improve the profits you earn, extend your reach to the limit and boost conversion rates;
- Choose how you wish to invoice your courses or other items for your students, whether it’s a one-time payment or a monthly subscription
- Build effective sales funnels without any issues by making use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Use its own marketing and analytics software with the ability to send out e-mails, CRM, and automated tools.
- Set up and manage your affiliate links; and
- Explore a variety of community, and training resources in conjunction with Kajabi University.
The Big Names Who Have Utilized Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted and used by over 16,000 businesses and celebrities. It’s the choice of many of the most well-known people that are from various sectors, like online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is home to thousands upon thousands of courses, accessed and explored by over 35 million students from across the globe. As of this the time this article was written, Kajabi boasts more than $650 million of revenue since its establishment in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing options that Kajabi provides are different from other online course creation tools in that they’re much more expensive. With monthly prices that start at as low as $119 it’s no wonder that this can impede some people who would be interested in giving Kajabi a go. But considering the huge amount of important features included into every plan, the price is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start at the Basic plan, which costs $149 per month or $119/month for billing annually. In this plan, you are able to design three products, gain an maximum of 1 000 active clients, and make websites that you are able to customize with tools fully provided by the platform. Also included are unlimited pages for landing webpages, unlimitted marketing e-mails as well as unlimited access to helpful resources, including one-on-one customer service and Kajabi University.
In addition to The Basic Plan, there’s the Growth plan that happens to be the most sought-after plan on the platform with a monthly cost of $199 or $159/mo when paid annually, as well as the Pro plan, which costs $399 per month or $319/mo yearly that is loaded with all the features you’d like when creating and selling your courses. Kajabi currently does not offer a free plan option. However, a 14-day trial is available. trial is offered for all three plans. A longer trial of for up to 30 days also available on selected blogs. So if you want to try the service and see if Kajabi’s the right choice for you, the limited free trial is the best option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros and Cons – What We Really Like About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s in-house marketing suite of tools, which includes automated e-mail marketing, and automation are specifically designed to be optimized for business, and you won’t need to integrate with third-party solutions for that!
- The software for sales funnels. Another one of the platforms most-loved selling points The sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of well-tested and understood blueprint templates – no need to overcomplicate yourself!
- Customization without limits. From designing professional-looking course websites all the way to the custom domain, Kajabi lets you customize to your heart’s content – and even build your brand from scratch.
- The easy and intuitive website as well as course editor. Making content with the site and the course builder software has never been this easy and quick, as it takes less effort and time to get everything done.
- Limitless integrations are endless. In addition to native integrations to ten e-commerce, marketing, and analytics solutions, connecting to Zapier’s app allows users to investigate and select from more than a thousand non-native platforms that can improve your efficiency.
- Establishing meaningful relationships with your students and instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature lets you engage with the students who are enrolled in your classes. It also lets you network, connect, and share your joy with hundreds of teachers who happen to be in the same shoes as you.
The Cons – Things We Don’t Like
- The pricey pricing plans. Kajabi’s three pricing plans are more than the average monthly rates offered by other services. There’s no free option available either.
- No built-in tools to issue certificates. You might need connect to a third-party certificate app if you plan to design custom-made certificates of different kinds.
- Not enough tools for student-instructor engagement. We aren’t happy with the absence of certain features, including adequate discussion forums, as well as the ability to randomly assign the assignments or quizzes. Kajabi Experts
An Overview of the Kajabi Features
User-Friendliness and Experience
One thing that we like the most about Kajabi is the surprisingly easy user experience. First, the majority of the users interface (UI) is well-organized. If you may notice on the dashboard menu, you will find that all the features are organized into five main sections – Website Products, Sales, Marketing and People. The layout of the menu leaves no space for confusion, as certain aspects that belong to a specified section are collapsible. The UI style is very uniform that reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-1” brand name. You get to create your own landing page, alter your course, and even interact with your fellow instructors on one site.
The search assistant is a tool that can be useful anytime you’re looking for something that is difficult to find. The Kajabi Assistant is located at the top part of the dashboard in the form as a “search bar, and allows you to search for specific tools and products within the site by typing in the keywords. As previously mentioned, both Kajabi’s courses and site builder sections can be dragged and dropped which makes the process easier without the need to know how to navigate the site. Kajabi is a more streamlined learning curve than some of its competitors. It also supports multiple languages other that English for those who want to present your content to wider audience.
Course Development and Engagement
If you take a look at Kajabi’s courses creation feature, you’ll soon encounter a list of templates for courses or products or the way it refers to them blueprints. Each blueprint for a product is different in its structure and style and is readily tailored to meet the needs of any instructor.
The blueprints listed are Mini Courses and Online Courses, and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form quick courses that are usually created in order to increase the brand’s value, whereas Online Courses are full-version versions with a full content structure that are designed to provide a “world-class” learning experience. Drip courses, on the other hand, are courses that are scheduled for an established period of days or weeks. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s an easier way to share your content if you as well as your students are occupied with other activities.
Kajabi might be regarded by many as a popular premium course-maker. Apart from course types, the product blueprints also allow you to create a membership area where your customers can enjoy exclusive content as well as a coaching session that spans 12 weeks. There’s also a blank template where you can create a course or product completely from the ground up!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
When you look into the course builder, you’ll notice an outline of sections and lessons which have been automatically added if you choose one of the blueprints for your course. In the case of Kajabi, these segments and classes are referred to as groups and posts and vice versa. The posts are where you can insert different types of content like text, videos and images, whereas the categories act as folders where the posts are stored.
It is also possible to include subcategories of posts under a category if you want to structure your content flexibly. You may also drag and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a variety of text and media files that can be used to add to your posts. These include MP4 and MOV files, MP3 and WAV files, PDFs as well as Word documents. You can upload any of them either through your computer’s folders or through file-sharing cloud platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can copy and paste existing URLs of your videos to your posts!
Like a few select platform for making courses, Kajabi allows you to utilize the feature of bulk uploads. Similar to the name, you can add all your files to your course in the same tab. This can be useful especially when you’re doing other important stuff.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi provides a selection of more than 10 themes for course players. Contrary to other LMS platforms that only allow you to be given the option to choose one or three themes, Kajabi lets you have the freedom to choose several themes to suit various products. Like the outline creator, it’s simple to modify any theme to match your preferences. You can even incorporate details of your brand, such as the logo or images as well as font designs into your course player in order to give it a a personal touch. Kajabi Experts
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi offers a quiz feature called Assessments that allows you to make quizzes and assignments and include them as part of your course. Assessments are a helpful way to determine if your students learned something from the course you’ve taught them. With the assessments feature, you get to select from three main question types: multiple-choice, multi-selection, or paragraph-style. You can even set a passing score to motivate your students in engaging with your content.
Aside from that, in addition, the LMS website also has made progress in creating areas for teachers and students to communicate. With the Community feature, students have access to interact and comment on any of your courses via their dashboards. You can even write in your posts to discuss with other students your lessons from the past and also your future content. The community feature can be accessed either as a stand-alone feature or as part of your membership area.
Website Design and Customization
Why share your course contents to your web domain as well as WordPress site when Kajabi offers the platform and tools to create one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting on all three plans of pricing. What’s awesome about it is you’re assured of instant security and security through the automatic SSL certification, as well as an experienced team of experts to maintain your website.
Additionally, you have the freedom to personalize your domain as well as choose from a range of professional, one-of-a-kind themes, all of which you can personalize to your hearts content! This doesn’t stop there. If you’re an expert in edupreneurship and signed to the Growth plan or higher, you get to use custom-designed themes that are built to meet your ever-growing needs, plus eliminate all Kajabi branding and replace it with your custom-designed theme!
Like the course builder we’ve mentioned previously, Kajabi’s page builders allows you to alter any of the given themes on the website using a variety of user-friendly and intuitive editing tools. Upon further exploration you’ll be presented with sets of blocks that can be customized and sections. They’re basically like the categories and posts we discussed when we’ve discussed our course building tool. Blocks are the elements that compose the content of the website including media files, text as well as clickable button. Sections, on the other hand, are formed by multiple carefully-arranged blocks.
There are more than 40 pre-designed sections templates that can be picked from the page builder’s dashboard. We’re all hooked to our phones and tiny tablets nowadays it is logical for Kajabi to let your site automatically adjust to a mobile-friendly layout. It’s even possible to go the extra mile by choosing the element of your site you would like for your member learners to view. With all the tools you need to build your site how you would like it to appear Kajabi’s page builders are not just extremely flexible, but also fast to use.
Blogging and Other Web-based Features
Other LMS platforms may not have this feature, however Kajabi allows you to create sections of your website dedicated to your blog where you can publish comments and updates on the content of your course. If you’re looking to get the most of your Kajabi-made site, the service provides you a space where you can post your blog posts without limitations. It is possible to begin with your blog posts by creating your own using the text editor. You may incorporate SEO elements if you wish to have a wider reach and organize your blog posts into various categories and even alter the way you would like your blog’s entire section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging capabilities may not be as on par as WordPress or Blogspot However, it comes with enough tools to allow it to be managed. You can also create podcasts that you could promote on your site. You can upload the recordings of your podcasts to be hosted on your website and distributed to the major podcasting platforms, such as the Apple Podcasts platform and Spotify. If you upload a podcast episode, you have two choices: publish it as a podcast that is public for free , or create an exclusive private one which only your subscribers can get access to. Kajabi Experts
Marketing and Sales
A big part of what makes Kajabi so popular among edupreneurs is its slew of marketing and sales tools that are highly convenient and simple enough to even non- marketing experts to make use of!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A major draw for the crowd, Kajabi’s built-in e-mail marketing function allows users to send out e-mails that are related to your course or websites to your members who are subscribed students from the comfort of the platform. You might be surprised that it can do more than just send e-mails. With the aid of Kajabi Automations, you get to create automated sequences of e-mails that are initiated by different types of user actions. For instance, if your student successfully logs into one of your classes after checkout, a welcome e-mail will be sent automatically directly to the student’s inbox. If the course performs poorly then an upsell message is sent to suggest improvement Kajabi Experts
You can create as many e-mails for your campaigns as you want and then schedule them in accordance with your preferences. You can choose which of your members gets to receive those messages. E-mail management has never been so extensive and yet simple to manage. Contrary to other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with tools for marketing e-mails that you wouldn’t have to worry about integrating with other third-party platforms to make things work.
Aside from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing feature that lets you assign certain members of your group as affiliates in order to in promoting your site on behalf of you. Alongside paying them the commission rate, you may also track their performance to determine how well they contribute to boosting your conversion and click rates. Kajabi Experts
Another of Kajabi’s notable features can be the Pipeline Builder, where you are able to design specialized marketing funnels with no overcomplicating problems. While other platforms have similar features that require much more effort and time and effort, Pipeline Builder is a breeze to use. Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even those who aren’t experts can make better use of it. This amazing feature lets you choose from a set of pre-made funnel templates or pipeline blueprints. These include the following:
- Freebies are great for when you’d like to provide a freebie as a lead magnet to build your database.
- Sales Page OVO is a great option when you need to convince your intended customers to purchase your product via an online sales page
- Product Launch OVO is a great option for any time you’re launching a course or any other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – to use any time you wish to promote your business through web-based training seminars
- Free Book OVO – for any time you wish to showcase your content an online book for free download.
- Coaching Campaign OVO – for any time you’re promoting your courses through the use of coaching sessions
- Blank blueprint – for whenever you’re looking to create the sales funnel you want from the starting
When you choose from one of the blueprints for a pipeline Kajabi instantly creates pages and e-mails you will have to put together to make an efficient sales funnel. You may customize however you want your pipeline to look to your customers. You may even change the design of your checkout and landing pages, for example you can change the theme to something different – there is a library full of 40+ page templates that you can pick from.
Optional Payment Options and Price
Kajabi lets you seamlessly integrate with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal so that your member students can choose between the two to pay for your classes. Stripe is the common payment method that accepts debit and credit card transactions, as well as certain e-wallet providers across the world. PayPal however, on the contrary on the other hand, is an option to subscribe as well as multi-payment plans. There aren’t any urgent fees for transactions on the part of Kajabi since all the money you earn will be immediately transferred directly to the bank accounts of your choice.
When it comes to pricing options, Kajabi provides you a wide range of options to select from. You can choose to make your student pay for products at various times (one-time subscription, one-time, or several payments) or hand them out for free. You can also choose to select if you’re going to charge a specific amount for a single item or for a variety of products, as well as set specific dates that your students can access your products within a certain timeframe. You can also create coupons to further motivate your audience to purchase any of your offers. Kajabi Experts
Integrations with Third-Party Services
Kajabi has a variety of built-in tools to create and market your courses However, you have the option to connect to third-party applications to provide an added boost in functionality. The platform is currently able to support the integration of ten natively-built integrations, such as the well-known analytics service Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier can be extremely helpful since it allows you to establish connections to hundreds of third-party apps and tools from e-commerce to user experience.
Customer Support and Training Resources
In terms of customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over the rest as it’s among the few platforms for creating courses with live chat available 24/7 support. In contrast to other similar platforms, Kajabi’s customer support team is always ready to help you whenever you’re struggling to create pages or courses, among other important issues, anytime and anywhere. However, it’s important to note that this 24/7 support is available to instructors who subscribe to the Growth plan and above – for Basic users live Chat support can be scheduled for certain times and times during the day. Nonetheless, Kajabi’s approach to customer service has been well-received by many of the instructors who use it to create useful course content. Kajabi Experts
In terms of training tools, Kajabi offers the user a range of access to access resources that you can master and become familiar with. The Kajabi Hero University is packed with courses, tutorials and educational content specifically geared towards teachers and edupreneurs, to help them jumpstart or improve their position in the world of course design. There are also daily Q+A educational webinars with leading experts from different fields as guests, plus If you’re in search of additional tips and tricks, the help center will be there to help you along the way. Alongside Kajabi’s Hero University, there is also a Kajabi Hero Rewards program in which course creators are rewarded with tons of sweet perks as they meet their goals.
What Else is Missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi could be an excellent all-in-one solution to create and promote your course content, but we have to address a few vital things that aren’t being addressed. A majority of them could have been very useful to improve the experience. These are some of the things we’d like to see added to Kajabi’s system in the near future:
- Built-in tools for issuance of certificates and credentials. While some offer this feature instructors who utilize Kajabi will often need to connect to third-party software that are specialized in the issue of certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we are pleased with the way that the platform handles assessments within the course, we would like that the absence of question type options as well as randomization of these types that is addressed as soon as possible.
- Additional payment options. At the time of writing only transactions made through Stripe or PayPal can be accepted. Not only that, we don’t understand why there are limitations too.
- A public API key. This would have been useful in making custom integrations, like having your students who have subscribed to your service sign in using the single sign-in option in other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi could have the majority of the features any aspiring edupreneur could ever dream of. But with the steep price plan and a plethora in features it may turn some people off. If you’re seeking alternatives that have similarity in comparison to Kajabi in terms of reliability and performance we’ve listed a few worthy alternatives that you might think about when making your choice. Kajabi Experts
- New Zenler is an online course platform that offers all-in-one services that are similar to Kajabi. The only significant difference is the price – starting at only $67/month You are able to create unlimited courses and sell your course to the right audience without having to worry about the cost!
- Podia doesn’t just claim to be a creator-friendly platform. It’s also extremely simple to use, much easier than even Kajabi! Although you can make use of marketing features, it’s much lighter than Kajabi. However, when you consider the budget-friendly cost we can imagine how Podia will appeal to those who want to start their own business.
- While Kajabi isn’t a reputable platform and lacks advanced quiz features, Thinkific makes up for these features. With a beginner-friendly price range It certainly has greater features that the other which includes live lesson courses and a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is like Thinkific in terms of how it operates. But, we need to appreciate how the former can incorporate additional payment options, as it supports Google Pay and Apple Pay which are two gateways Kajabi doesn’t have. It also lets you utilize one-on-one coaching and other core features.
Overall, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park by providing nearly all of the tools that most entrepreneurs make use of. It certainly has all the features you need including the intuitive features needed to build a professional-looking website to the stellar integrated marketing suite that includes the ability to understand plans for sales funnels, as well as effective email marketing tools.
There may be a few tools that are missing, such as the issue of certificates in particular. Also, with its high cost, it may not be the wise choice for the budget-conscious. However, we understand that, while Kajabi does very well as an all-in-one solution for course creation, it will always have limitations. However, that doesn’t stop it however, from becoming a popular choice among established entrepreneurs and creators!
If you’re still looking to find an LMS that gives you all you require in one place, Kajabi is something you must seriously look into.
FAQ Kajabi Experts
What does the word Kajabi translate to?
The term “Kajabi” originates from a word of Islamic as well as Arabic origin which means “to fly.”
Do I have the ability to sell physical items on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard courses, you can also sell physical products on Kajabi. It is possible to connect with Shopify to create a fully-functioning E-commerce store using the platform!
In terms of e-mail marketing Is it possible that Kajabi could take over MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already includes the tools for marketing via email built within the platform, it’s logical that it’s sufficient to replace third-party programs such as MailChimp. However, if you wish to utilize this feature, Kajabi still allows you to connect it with other applications too.
Is Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even offers an app for mobile devices for you and the members who have subscribed can access all your courses even while traveling. Kajabi Experts