Hundreds of learning management system (LMS) platforms come with many crucial features that you can use whenever you create meaningful content. While there may be plenty of websites that allow you to make use of modern marketing tools to advertise the courses you offer to your intended viewers, other platforms may not have most of those things. While some provide easy-to-use course-building tools, there will also be few that may have an editing experience so complicated that it turns off its users.
In the sea of e-course platforms There are some which offer more than just a simple editing interface, but also an array of sales and marketing functions. Additionally, they also offer almost everything you could think of, from 24/7 help and training resources to top-notch analytics. All-in-one platforms for courses allow you to explore beyond your limits and one of the platforms that offer it effortlessly is Kajabi.
At a Glance: What is Kajabi? Kajabi For Teachers
Kajabi is an internet-based platform which allows you to make and sell your courses to an customers. The company is advertised as an all-in-one solution, Kajabi provides edupreneurs from all kinds of industries with the best and vital features to not only create a professional website for your courses but help them rise to new heights. Kajabi has been praised by the media and considered to be one of the best online learning platforms, with an overwhelming positive score of 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so popular and well-liked by its users? Well, there are quite numerous factors that make this platform very convenient for everyone to utilize. It’s first and foremost the ease of use. From the course creation to marketing and sales the majority of Kajabi’s features are designed to be easily digestible even for those who are just getting started in the e-course world. Most of them are also advanced, giving instructors an edge over others. In addition this allows students such as you manage and build courses without having to travel to another place if something else isn’t available. Kajabi provides all the tools that anyone could require and is a true testament to its ‘one-stop shop’ moniker.
What Can It Do? Do?
There are numerous options that Kajabi allows you to create an all-in-one e-learning solution. We’ve compiled a list, in bullets, of its important features that you may want to keep an eye on in the event you’re considering it. In essence, Kajabi allows you:
- Create engaging and interactive courses using a variety of customizable tools, media files, and templates that you can pick according to your preference;
- Create a visually appealing website to display your course materials and materials and your own blog to keep your students up-to-date on what else is new;
- Efficiently make use of websites, landing pages and checkout sites and other methods to boost your profits, further your reach beyond the limits and boost conversion rates;
- Select the method you want to charge your courses and other products for your students, whether it’s one-time payments or a monthly subscription
- Create effective sales funnels with no any issues by making use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Utilize its in-house marketing and analytics software with the ability to send out e-mails, CRM, and automation tools.
- Manage and create your affiliate links.
- Explore a wide variety of customer service, community and training materials and features, including Kajabi University.
The Big Names Who Have Utilized Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted and used by more than 16,000 companies and famous personalities. It’s the choice of some of the well-known names who come from different sectors, like the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard and fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is the home of thousands of courses that are used and explored by more than 35 million students across the globe. In the last time of writing Kajabi is generating more than $650million in revenue since its establishment in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing options that Kajabi provides are different from other online course creation services in that they’re more costly. With monthly costs that begin at just $119, it’s no wonder that this can impede some people who would want to give it a try. With the abundance of essential features already packed within each plan, the pricing is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin with the Basic plan, which costs $149 per month, or $119/month if billed annually. In this plan, you are able to design three products, garner a maximum of 1 000 active clients, and make websites that you are able to customize with tools fully provided by the platform. Additionally, you get unlimited pages for landing pages, unlimited marketing emails as well as unlimited access to useful resources, such as one-on-one customer support and Kajabi University.
In addition to The Basic Plan, there is the Growth plan that happens to be Kajabi’s most popular plan for $199 per month or $159/month if you pay annually, as well as the Pro plan at $399 monthly or $319/month yearly and is packed to the brim with every feature you’d like when it comes to designing and selling your course. Kajabi does not currently offer a free plan option. However, a 14-day no-cost trial is available for all three plans. A trial extension that runs for up to 30 days also available on certain blogs. So if you wish to test the waters and see if Kajabi’s the right fit for you, the limited trial offer is the best way to go.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Love About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s marketing suite in-house of tools, which includes email marketing and automation are designed to be designed for businesses, so you won’t need to integrate with third-party solutions to do that!
- The software that creates sales funnels. Another of the platform’s best-selling points, the sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of tested and understandable blueprint templates – no need to be overly complicated!
- Unlimited customization. From creating professional-looking course websites all the way to the custom name, Kajabi lets you customize to your heart’s content – and even create your own brand from the ground up.
- The user-friendly and simple site and course editors. Making content using the site and the course creator software was never so simple and fast, since it requires less time and effort to get everything done.
- Infinite integrations. Aside from native integrations with ten e-commerce, marketing, and analytics services, connection to Zapier’s app lets you to look and select among more than a thousand non-native platforms to increase efficiency.
- Building worthwhile relationships with your students and instructors. Kajabi’s community feature lets you connect with students enrolled in your classes. You can also make connections, network and celebrate with tons of teachers who happen to be similar to you.
The Cons – Things We Don’t Like
- The pricing plans are hefty. Kajabi’s three pricing plans are more than the average monthly rate offered by other services. There’s no free option available neither.
- There is no built-in tool to issue certificates. You might need to connect to a third party certificate software if you want to make custom-designed certificates that are of different types.
- Insufficient tools for instructor-student engagement. We don’t appreciate the lack of some particular features, including proper discussion forums and the ability to randomize the assignments or quizzes. Kajabi For Teachers
A Review of Kajabi’s Features
User-Friendliness and Experience
One thing we love about Kajabi is its surprisingly simple user experience. For one, most of the platform’s users interface (UI) is well-organized. If you look at the screen menu, you’ll find that all the features are arranged into five main sections – Website Products, Sales Marketing, and People. The design of the menu is clear and free of obstruction, since some of the features that are related to a specified section are collapsible. The UI design is very consistent and reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-one” brand name. You get to create an online landing page, change your course, and interact with your fellow instructors on the same site.
There is a search assistant tool that can be useful when you need to search for something difficult to find. The Kajabi Assistant is located at the top of the dashboard in the shape of a search bar, and it lets you look for tools and items on the site by entering the words. As previously mentioned that both the Kajabi website builder and course builder sections can be dragged and dropped and make the process much easier without having to know how to navigate the site. Kajabi is a more streamlined learning curve than a couple of its contemporaries. It can also be used in other languages that English in case you want to share your content with broader audiences.
Course Creation and Engagement
When you go through Kajabi’s course design feature, you will be able to see a collection of product or course templates or the way it refers to them, blueprints. Each of the product blueprints varies in structure and type and can be easily modified to fit any instructor’s needs.
In the blueprints that are listed are Mini Courses and Online Courses and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form quick courses which are generally designed as a means of gaining brand value, while Online Courses are full-version versions with a full content structure created to offer an “world-class” educational experience. Drip courses on the contrary, are classes that are scheduled over an established period of weeks or days. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s an easier method to distribute your content if you as well as your students are occupied with other things.
Kajabi is known to many as a renowned premium course-maker. However, in addition to the course types, the product blueprints let you make a membership site that allows your customers to access exclusive content as well as a coaching session lasting 12 weeks. The template is also blank which allows you to design an entire course or product completely from scratch!
Categories Posts, Categories, as well as Content Uploads
If you continue to look into the course builder, you’ll see an outline of sections and lessons which have been automatically added when you select any of the course blueprints. In the case of Kajabi, these sections and lessons are called categories and posts, respectively. Posts are the places where you can insert different kinds of content, including text, video images, and text, while the categories act as folders for the posts that are kept.
You can also include subcategories for posts in one category in order to structure your content flexibly. You may also alter the outline by dragging it around. Kajabi accepts a wide variety of media and text files that can be used to add to your posts, such as MOV and MP4 files, MP3 and WAV files, PDFs, and even Word documents. Upload any of them either from your computer folders or file-sharing cloud platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can even add existing URLs for your videos into your blog posts!
As with a handful of other course-making platforms, Kajabi allows you to use the feature of bulk uploads. As the name suggests, you can add all the files you have uploaded to your courses in one page. This can be useful, especially if you’re busy doing other important stuff.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi provides a selection of over 10 themes for course players. Unlike other LMS platforms that only allow you to be given the option to choose the theme you want to use, Kajabi lets you have the choice of selecting various themes for the different products. Like the outline builder, it’s relatively easy to customize any theme to suit your personal style. It is possible to incorporate specifics of your brand like your logo images, fonts, and designs into your course player in order to give it a your own personal style. Kajabi For Teachers
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi includes a quiz function called Assessments where you get to create quizzes and assignments and then add them to the course of your class. Assessments are an effective way to assess the extent to which your students gained from the course you’ve taught them. With the assessments feature, you get to choose from three different types of questions: multiple-choice paragraph-style, and multiple-selection. You can also set a passing score to motivate your students to engage with your content more.
Aside from that aside from that, in addition, the LMS site has also made strides in creating spaces for students and teachers to communicate. Through the Community feature your students are able to participate and leave comments on any of your courses through their dashboards. It is possible to write your posts to discuss with your fellow students about your previous lessons as well as your future content. The community feature is offered as a separate product or as an element of membership.
Website Design and Customization
Why should you upload your course materials to your web domain or WordPress web site when Kajabi offers the platform and tools you need to create one within the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting across all 3 pricing options. What’s great about this is you’re guaranteed immediate security and safety with an automated SSL certification, as well as an experienced team of experts to maintain your site.
You’re also given the liberty to customize your domain, and also pick from a variety of professional, one-of-a-kind themes that you can personalize to your liking! The possibilities don’t end there: If you’re an expert edupreneur and have signed up to the Growth plan and higher, you get to use custom-designed themes that are built to fit your ever-expanding needs, plus take away all Kajabi logos and substitute it with your custom-designed theme!
Like the course builder that we’ve discussed earlier, the page builder from Kajabi allows you to alter any of the themes on the website using a variety of user-friendly and intuitive editing tools. If you continue to explore you’ll be presented with customizable sets of blocks and sections. They’re similar to the categories and posts that we’ve discussed when we’ve discussed the course builder. Blocks are the components that comprise the site’s content, such as text, media files, and clickable buttons. Sections are, however are formed by a variety of well-arranged blocks.
There are more than 40 pre-designed section templates that you can choose from the page builder’s dashboard. Since we’re all connected to our smartphones and small tablets it is logical to use Kajabi to make your website automatically adjust to a mobile-friendly layout. It’s even possible to go the extra mile by choosing the elements of your website you want members to see. With all the necessary tools to build your site however you want it to look Kajabi’s page builders are not just extremely flexible, but also easy to manage.
Blogging and Other Web-based Features
Other LMS platforms may not have this, but Kajabi lets you create a section of your website that is dedicated to your blog, where you can publish information and comments about your course’s content. If you’re looking to get the most of your Kajabi-created website this service offers you an area where you can do so without limits. Start by creating posting blog content by creating one using an editor for text. It is possible to include SEO elements if you’d like to reach a larger audience and organize your blog posts into various categories, or even change the way you would like your blog’s entire section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging capabilities may not be as up to with WordPress or Blogspot However, it comes with enough tools to allow it to be managed. In addition, you can create podcasts that you could promote on your website. You can upload the recordings of your podcast that will be hosted on the website and distributed to the major podcasting platforms like iTunes Podcasts as well as Spotify. When uploading an episode of your podcast, you have two options: either release it as a public podcast for free , or create an exclusive private podcast that only your users can get access to. Kajabi For Teachers
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
A big part of what makes Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is its array of sales and marketing tools that are highly convenient and simple enough for even those who aren’t marketing experts to utilize!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A big draw among the crowd, Kajabi’s built-in e-mail marketing function allows you to send emails that are related to your course or website to your subscribers students within the comforts of the platform. But you may be surprised that it does more than just send e-mails. With the aid of Kajabi Automations, you get to create automated sequences of emails that are initiated by different types of user actions. For example, when a student logs in successfully to one of your courses after checking out, a welcome message will be sent automatically to their inbox. If another underperforms, an upsell is sent to suggest an improvement Kajabi For Teachers
You can create as many emails to your campaign as you want and schedule each one according to your preferences. You can choose which of your members gets to receive those messages. The management of e-mails has never been so extensive and yet simple to manage. In contrast to other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with e-mail marketing tools that will not require connecting to other third-party platforms to make things work.
Aside from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing feature where you get to assign certain members of yours as affiliates to help in promoting your site on your behalf. In addition to paying them the commission rate it is also possible to track their performance to see the extent to which they are contributing to increasing your conversion rates and click rates. Kajabi For Teachers
Another of Kajabi’s standouts are its Pipeline Builder, where you can create custom marketing funnels without a lot of issues. While other platforms provide similar features that require more effort and time, Pipeline Builder is a breeze to use. Pipeline Builder is designed to be extremely simple and quick that even those who aren’t experts are able to make the most of it. This amazing feature allows you to choose from a collection of pre-made funnel blueprints or templates for pipelines. These include the following:
- Freebies are great for when you’d like to offer a freebie as a lead magnet to build your database.
- Sales Page OVO – to use any time you wish to convince your intended audience to buy your product through a sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use when you’re launching courses or any other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – to use occasions when you need to advertise your business through web-based training seminars
- Free Book OVO – to use any time you wish to market your content the free digital book that you can download
- Coaching Campaign OVO – to use any time you’re promoting your classes through the use of coaching sessions
- Blank design – for when you’re looking to create the sales funnel you want from the beginning
Once you select from any of the pipeline blueprints Kajabi instantly creates pages and e-mails you will need to pull off an efficient sales funnel. You may customize however you want your pipeline to look to your customers. You can even alter the look of your landing and checkout pages, for example you can change the theme to something different – there is a library filled with 40+ pages templates you can choose from.
Optional Payment Options and Price
Kajabi lets you seamlessly integrate with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal to ensure that your students can get to choose one of them to pay for your course. Stripe is the common payment method that accepts credit and debit card transactions as well as certain e-wallet providers across the world. PayPal, on the other side, is an alternative for subscribers and multi-payment plans. There are no pressing charges for transactions on Kajabi’s side, as all your earnings will be immediately transferred into your account at the banks.
When it comes to pricing options, Kajabi gives you a wide range of pricing options. You can make your student pay for products at different dates (one-time or subscription and multiple payments) or hand them out to them for free. You even have the chance to choose whether you’re planning to charge a specific amount for a single product or a number of items, and establish specific dates for your students can access your products within a certain time frame. You can also create coupons to encourage your customers to purchase the products you offer. Kajabi For Teachers
Integrations with Third-Party Services
Kajabi has a variety of built-in tools to make and market your courses however, you also have the option to connect to third-party apps for more functions. The platform is currently able to support ten native integrations, including the well-known analytics service Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier comes in very handy as it helps establish connections with hundreds more third-party applications and tools, ranging that range from e-commerce to user experiences.
Training and Support for Customers
In terms of customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over other platforms because it’s among the only course creation platforms that offer 24/7 live chat assistance. Contrary to similar services, Kajabi’s customer support team is always ready to assist you when you’re struggling to create an online course or website, in addition to other important issues, anytime and wherever. It’s crucial to mention that this 24-hour support is available to instructors who subscribe to the Growth plan and above – for basic users, live chat support is scheduled for certain times and days on weekdays. The approach of Kajabi’s customer service has been praised by many of the instructors who use it to design useful courses. Kajabi For Teachers
In terms of training tools, Kajabi offers an array of options to use resources to master and then become proficient with. The Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses and educational content specifically targeted at educators and edupreneurs to help them get started or increase their standing in the course creation world. You’re also invited to weekly Q&A-style educational webinars featuring top experts from various disciplines as guest speakers, and when you’re looking for more advice and tricks assistance, the help section is always there to guide you on your way. In addition to Kajabi’s Hero University, there is an additional Kajabi Hero Rewards program where course creators are rewarded with many sweet perks when they meet their targets.
What else is missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi might be a fantastic all-in-one tool to design and promote your course content, but we have to address a few vital things that are missing. A majority of them could have been very useful to improve the experience. These are some of the things we would like to see included in Kajabi’s system soon:
- Built-in tools to issue certificates and other credentials. While some provide this service, instructors who use Kajabi will often require connecting to third-party apps that are specialized in the issue of certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we are pleased with the system’s handling of assessment within courses, we’d like for the absence of options for question types and the randomization of those types – to be addressed soonest.
- Additional payment options. As of this writing there are only two options for transactions: Stripe as well as PayPal can be accepted. Not only that, we don’t understand why there are limits as well.
- An API key that is public. This would have been useful for creating custom integrations for example, the ability to let your subscribers login using a single sign-in option in other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi may have essentially most of the features that an aspiring Edupreneur could dream of. However, due to the high cost plan and a certain lack in terms of functionality, the site might make some people turn away. If you’re looking for alternatives with similarity in comparison to Kajabi with regards to performance and reliability, we’ve listed some worthy competitors that you may think about in making your choice. Kajabi For Teachers
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in one services similar to Kajabi. The only difference is the price – starting at only $67/month You are able to create unlimited courses and advertise your course to the right audience without worrying about the cost!
- Podia doesn’t just claim to be a creator-friendly platform. It’s also extremely easy to use, far easier than Kajabi! While you get to make use of marketing features Podia is much less heavy than other. But considering the very budget-friendly cost, we can understand how Podia can appeal to those who want to start their own business.
- While Kajabi lacks credentials and more advanced features for quizzes, Thinkific makes up for them. With a price that is affordable for beginners It certainly has greater features that the other as well as live lesson courses and an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is like Thinkific in the way it operates. However, we must appreciate the way that Teachable can integrate additional payment options since it accepts Google Pay and Apple Pay two gateways that Kajabi does not have. You can also avail one-on-one training and other key features.
All in all, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park for offering a wide range of options that most entrepreneurs make use of. It does provide the essentials anyone must need including the intuitive features needed to build a professional-looking website , to the impressive integrated marketing suite that includes the ability to understand plans for sales funnels, as well as effective marketing tools for e-mails.
There may be a few tools that are missing for example, the issuance of certificates in particular. Plus with a steep cost, it might not be the wise choice among the budget-conscious. However, we understand that while Kajabi is well in being an all-in-one solution for course creation, it will always have limits. It doesn’t hinder it, but it is a favorite among experienced creators and businesses!
If you’re looking for an LMS that can provide everything you need in one platform, Kajabi is something you must seriously look into.
FAQ Kajabi For Teachers
What is the meaning of Kajabi mean?
The word “Kajabi” originates from a word with Islamic as well as Arabic origin, which translates to “to fly.”
Can I sell physical products on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard classes, you can also sell physical products through Kajabi. It is possible to join with Shopify to create a fully-functioning E-commerce store using Kajabi!
In terms of e-mail marketing, is it possible that Kajabi can be able to replace MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already has E-mail marketing tools integrated into the platform, it’s natural that it’s sufficient to replace third-party programs such as MailChimp. However, if you intend to make use of it, Kajabi still allows you to integrate it with other applications too.
Does Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi also has an app for mobile devices so that you and your subscribed members have access to all course content even when you’re traveling. Kajabi For Teachers