Many learning management system (LMS) platforms offer a variety of crucial features that you can utilize when creating content of high quality. While there could be a lot of websites that allow you to make use of modern marketing tools to advertise classes to your desired audience, others may not have most of the features. While some provide easy-to-use course-building tools, there will also be some that provide editing options that is so complicated they turn off their users.
Within the sea of online course platforms, there are a few that provide more than a simple editing interface, but also a plethora of sales and marketing functions. In addition to that, they also provide you with nearly all you can think of including 24/7 support and training tools to top-of-the-line analytics. All-in-one platforms for courses allow you to discover the world beyond your boundaries One of them that provide it is Kajabi.
A Quick Look: How do you define Kajabi? How Kajabi Works
Kajabi is an online platform that allows you to develop and market your course content to your customers. The company is advertised as an all-in-one solution that provides entrepreneurs from all kinds of industries with the best and vital features to not only create a professional website for your courses , but let them grow to higher levels. Kajabi has been critically acclaimed and considered to be one of the best online learning platforms, with an overwhelmingly positive score of 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-received by its users? There are plenty of aspects that make this platform extremely convenient for all to use. Firstly, it’s the extreme user-friendliness. From course creation to the marketing services the majority of the Kajabi features have been designed so that they are easily digestible even for those who are only beginning to get started in the world of online courses. The majority of them are advanced, giving administrating instructors the added edge over other instructors. In addition, it lets budding entrepreneurs like you to run and create an online course without the need to look elsewhere in case something is missing. Kajabi offers all the tools anyone may need in order to live up its ‘one stop shop’ moniker.
What Does It Let You Do?
There are numerous methods that Kajabi can use as an all-in-one online course solution. We’ve made a list in bullet points of the key characteristics that you might want to be aware of if you’re considering it. In essence, Kajabi allows you:
- Create engaging and interactive courses using a variety of customizing tools, media files, and templates that you can pick in accordance with your personal preferences.
- Create a professional website that can house your course contents and materials and a blog where you can keep your students updated on what’s new.
- Make the most of websites, landing pages and checkout sites and other methods to increase your earnings, expand your reach over the boundaries and increase conversion rates.
- Decide how you would like to bill your courses and other services for your students, whether it’s a one-time payment or a monthly subscription;
- Build effective sales funnels without any problems through the use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Use its own marketing and analytics suite with email marketing, CRM, and automated tools.
- Manage and create your affiliate links; and
- Explore a wide variety of customer service, community and training tools and features, including the Kajabi University feature.
The Big Names Who Have Utilized Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted and used by over 16,000 businesses and celebrities. It’s the go-to choice for many of the most well-known people who are part of different sectors, including the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard, fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is the home of thousands upon thousands of courses, which are accessed and explored by more than 35 million students from across the globe. In the last time of writing Kajabi has generated over $650 million in revenue since its inception in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing options that Kajabi provides are different from other online course creation services in that they’re more costly. With monthly rates that start as low as $119, it’s not surprising that this might be an issue for those who would like to give it a try. However, when you consider the number of essential features already packed within each plan, the pricing is reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin at the Basic plan priced at $149 per month, or $119/month for billing annually. This plan lets you can create three products, gain up to 1 000 active clients, and make your own website you can create with the tools offered by the platform. Additionally, you get unlimited pages for landing webpages, unlimitted marketing e-mails and access to unlimited useful resources, such as one-on-one customer support as well as Kajabi University.
Apart from The Basic Plan, there is the Growth plan, which happens to be Kajabi’s most popular plan with a monthly cost of $199 or $159/mo when paid annually, and the Pro plan at $399 monthly or $319/mo yearly and is packed with all the features you’d like when creating and selling your courses. Kajabi does not currently offer an option to pay for the plan. However, a 14-day no-cost trial is available on all three plans. A trial extension that runs as long as 30 days also offered on select blogs. If you’re looking to test the waters and determine if Kajabi is the best choice for you, then the brief free trial is the best option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Like About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s marketing suite in-house of tools, such as automated e-mail marketing, and automation are specifically designed to be optimized for business, and you don’t have to connect with third-party solutions for that!
- The software for sales funnels. Another of the platforms most-loved selling points is the Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of well-tested and accessible blueprint templates. No need to overcomplicate yourself!
- The ability to customize without limitations. From the creation of professional-looking courses down to the custom domain, Kajabi lets you customize to your heart’s content – and even create your own brand from the ground up.
- The user-friendly and simple site and course editors. Making content using the site and course builders hasn’t been this easy and quick, as it takes less time and effort to finish the job.
- Limitless integrations are endless. Aside from native integrations to the ten marketing, e-commerce and analytics services, connection to the app Zapier allows you to explore and choose among more than a thousand non-native platforms for better effectiveness.
- Making lasting connections with students and fellow instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature allows you to connect with students in your classes. It also lets you connect, network, and celebrate with tons of teachers who happen to be in the same shoes as you.
The Cons – What We Don’t Like
- The pricey pricing plans. Three pricing options offered by Kajabi cost more than the typical monthly prices provided by other companies. There’s not a free option as well.
- No built-in tools to issue certificates. It is possible to connect to a third party certificate software if you want to create custom-made ones of different kinds.
- There aren’t enough tools to facilitate student-instructor engagement. We aren’t happy with the absence of specific tools, such as appropriate discussion forums as well as the ability to randomly assign the assignments or quizzes. How Kajabi Works
The Review of Kajabi’s features
Easy of Use and Experience
One thing we love the most about Kajabi is the shockingly easy user experience. One of the reasons is that the user interface (UI) is structured. If you check the dashboard menu, you may find that all the features are organized into five main sections – Website Products, Sales, Marketing and People. The layout of the menu does not allow for clutter, as some features that are related to a specified section are collapsible. The UI layout is very consistent that reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-1” trademark. You get to create your own landing page, alter your course and engage with other instructors on one site.
The search assistant is a tool that can be useful whenever you want to look for something difficult to find. The Kajabi Assistant is located at the top of the dashboard, in the form that of a bar for searching and it lets you look for items and tools on the website by typing in the words. Like we said, both Kajabi’s website builder and course builder sections are drag-and-drop which makes the process easier without having to know how to navigate it. Kajabi is a more streamlined learning curve than several of its peers. It can also be used in other languages than English in case you want to share your content with broader viewers.
Course Creation and Engagement
Once you explore Kajabi’s course creation feature, you’ll quickly come across a variety of product or course templates or the way it calls them blueprints. Each of the product blueprints is different in its structure and style and can be easily modified to meet the needs of any instructor.
In the blueprints that are listed are Mini Courses as well as Online Courses as well as Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form quick courses that are usually created as a way to build brand value, while online Courses are full-version types that have a complete structure of content that are designed to provide an “world-class” learning experience. Drip courses, on the other hand, are programs that are scheduled over the course of a specified number of weeks or days. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s an efficient method to distribute your content when you as well as your students are occupied working on other projects.
Kajabi is known to many as a well-known premium course-maker. Apart from course types, the product blueprints also allow you to create a membership space for your members to enjoy exclusive content and a coaching session for 12 weeks. There’s also a blank template that allows you to create your own course or product from the ground up!
Categories Posts, Categories, as well as Content Uploads
When you explore the course builder, you’ll see the outline of the sections and lessons that were automatically added if you choose one of the blueprints for your course. In the case of Kajabi, these segments and classes are referred to as groups and posts respectively. Posts are the places where you insert various kinds of content, including text, video, and images, while the categories act as folders where the posts are kept.
You can also include subcategories of posts within a category if you want to structure your content flexibly. You can also drag and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a broad range of media and text files to include in your posts. These include MOV and MP4 files, WAV and MP3 files PDFs as well as Word documents. Upload any of them either from your computer folders or through file-sharing cloud platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can duplicate and paste URLs for your videos into your blog posts!
Like a few select platform for making courses, Kajabi allows you to utilize the bulk upload feature. Similar to the name that you can upload all the files you have uploaded to your courses on the same tab. This one is handy, especially if you’re busy doing other important stuff.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi has a variety of over 10 themes for courses. Unlike other LMS platforms, where you’re offered the choice of one or three themes, Kajabi lets you have the freedom to choose different themes for various products. Similar to the course outline maker, it’s easy to customize any theme to match your preferences. It is possible to incorporate specifics that represent your brand including logos or images as well as font designs , into your course player to cultivate an individual touch. How Kajabi Works
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi offers a quiz feature called Assessments where you get to make quizzes and assignments and include them as part of your course. Assessments can be a great way to determine if your students learned something from the curriculum you’ve given them. Through the assessment option, you are able to choose from three different question types: multiple-choice, multi-selection, or paragraph-style. You can even create an assessment score that will encourage your students to be more engaged with your material more.
Aside from that in addition, it is also important to note that the LMS website also has made progress in providing spaces for students and teachers to interact. Through the Community feature, your students are able to interact and comment on all of your courses on their dashboards. You can also write your blog posts to discuss with other students your lessons from the past as well as your future content. The community feature can be accessed as a separate feature or as part of your membership area.
Website Design and Customizability
Why share your course contents with your domain name as well as WordPress web site when Kajabi provides the platform and the tools to make one within the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting on the 3 pricing options. What’s great about this is you’re guaranteed instant security and security through an automatic SSL certification as well as a team to help maintain your site.
You also have the option to modify your domain as well as choose from a range of unique, professional themes that you can personalize to your liking! The possibilities don’t end there: If you’re an expert edupreneur and have signed up to the Growth plan and higher you can use custom-designed themes that are built to fit your ever-expanding needs and also take away all Kajabi logos and substitute that with your custom-designed theme!
Like the course builders we’ve talked about earlier, Kajabi’s page builder allows you to alter any of the available themes for websites using a set of user-friendly and intuitive editing tools. If you continue to explore, you will be greeted with sets of blocks that can be customized and sections. They’re similar to those categories as well as posts that we’ve discussed when we’ve discussed how to build courses. Blocks are the elements that make up the site’s content, such as media files, text as well as clickable button. Sections are, however are made up of multiple well-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 pre-designed section templates you can choose from the dashboard of the page builder. Since we’re all connected to our smartphones and tablets these days, it makes total sense for Kajabi to have your website automatically adapt to a mobile layout. It’s even possible to go the extra mile by picking the element of your site you would like for your members to see. With all the necessary tools to build your site however you want it to look Kajabi’s page builders are not just extremely flexible, but also easy to manage.
Blogging and Other Web-based Features
Other LMS platforms might not offer this feature, but Kajabi lets you create an area on your site dedicated to your blog where you can share information and comments about your course’s content. If you’re looking to get the most the Kajabi-made website, the service provides you a space where you can publish your content without restriction. It is possible to begin with posting blog content by creating one with the text editor. You can incorporate SEO elements if you want to reach a larger audience or group your posts into various categories, and even alter the way you want your entire blog section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging capabilities might not be on the same level as WordPress or Blogspot however, it does have enough tools to be manageable. You can also create podcasts that you can promote on your website. You can upload the recordings of your podcast that will be hosted on the website and then distributed to major podcasting platforms, such as Apple Podcasts and Spotify. If you upload an episode of your podcast, you have two options: either release it as a public podcast for free , or create an exclusive private version that only your users have access to. How Kajabi Works
Marketing and Sales
A big part of what makes Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is its slew of sales and marketing tools that are supremely easy and straightforward for even those who aren’t marketing experts to use!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A huge draw among the crowd, Kajabi’s built in e-mail marketing function allows users to send out e-mails about your course and websites to your members who are subscribed students while seated on the platform. But you may be surprised that it can do more than just send e-mails. With the help of Kajabi Automations, you get to create automated sequences of e-mails triggered by different kinds of user actions. For instance, if your student is successfully logged in to one of your courses after checkout, a welcome e-mail will be automatically delivered to their inbox. If another underperforms then an upsell message is delivered to offer suggestions for improvement How Kajabi Works
You can send as many emails to your campaigns as you wish and schedule each one in accordance with your preferences. You can even select which members of your group are eligible to receive those messages. E-mail management has never been more comprehensive yet easy to handle. In contrast to other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with marketing tools for e-mails. You wouldn’t have to worry about the integration with third-party platforms to make things work.
Aside from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing option which allows you to designate certain members of your group as affiliates to help in promoting your site on behalf of you. Apart from paying them the commission rate it is also possible to track their performance to determine the extent to which they are contributing to boosting your conversion and click rates. How Kajabi Works
Another of Kajabi’s standouts can be its Pipeline Builder, where you can create custom marketing funnels with no overcomplicating problems. While other platforms offer similar features that require much more effort and time and effort, this Pipeline Builder is designed to be extremely simple and quick that even the uninitiated can benefit from it. This feature is stunning and lets you select from a variety of pre-designed funnel blueprints or templates for pipelines. They include:
- Freebie – for whenever you want to offer a freebie as a lead magnet to grow your email list
- Sales Page OVO is a great option whenever you want to convince your target customers to purchase your product via a sales page
- Product Launch OVO – for any time you’re launching a course or any other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO is a great option for any time you wish to promote your products through web training seminars
- Free Book OVO is a great resource for any time you wish to showcase your content a free downloadable digital book
- Coaching Campaign OVO – for when you’re trying to promote your courses by means of an array of coaching sessions
- Blank design – for when you’d like to construct your sales funnel from the ground
Once you select from any of the blueprints for a pipeline Kajabi will automatically generate pages and emails you’ll require to create an effective sales funnel. You may customize however you would like your sales funnel to appear to your audience. You can even alter the look of your checkout and landing pages, for example changing the design to a different theme There is a library full of 40+ page templates that you can select from.
Payment and Pricing Options
Kajabi lets you integrate seamlessly with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal so that your students can choose between the two to pay for your course. Stripe is the common payment method that accepts credit and debit card transactions, as well as select e-wallet providers all over the world. PayPal, on the other on the other hand, is an option to subscribe and multi-payment plans. There aren’t any urgent charges for transactions on Kajabi’s side because all your earnings will be immediately transferred directly to the bank accounts of your choice.
For price options for Kajabi, it offers customers a variety of pricing options of pricing options. You can choose to make your student pay for services at various dates (one-time or subscription and several payments) or give them away to them for free. You even have the chance to decide if you want to charge a set amount for one product or multiple items, and establish specific dates for your members can access within a certain time frame. You also get to generate coupons that will further encourage your customers to purchase all of your products. How Kajabi Works
Integration with Third-Party Services
Kajabi has a variety of built-in features to help you develop and promote your courses, but you also have the option of connecting to third-party apps for more functions. Kajabi currently has the integration of ten natively-built integrations, such as the well-known analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier comes in very handy since it allows you to establish connections with hundreds of other third-party applications and tools, ranging that range from e-commerce to user experiences.
Customer Support and Training Resources
When it comes to customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over other platforms because it’s one of the few course creation platforms that offer 24/7 live chat assistance. In contrast to other similar platforms the Kajabi customer support team is always available to assist you if you encounter difficulties creating pages or courses, among other issues that are important, at any time and wherever. However, it’s important to note that this 24/7 service is only available to instructors that are on the Growth plan upwards – for basic users Live chat support is scheduled for certain times and days on weekdays. Nonetheless, Kajabi’s approach to customer service has been praised by many of the instructors who use it to develop meaningful course content. How Kajabi Works
For tools to train, Kajabi provides you a variety of ways to access resources that you can master and then become proficient with. Kajabi Hero University Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, classes, and informative content especially geared towards teachers and edupreneurs, to help them get started or increase their standing in the world of course design. There are also daily Q+A educational webinars with leading experts from different areas as guests. Additionally, if you’re looking for additional tips and tricks the help desk will be there to help you on your way. Apart from the platform’s Hero University, there is Kajabi’s Hero Rewards program in which course creators get rewarded with many sweet perks when they reach their targets.
What is the other thing that is missing from Kajabi?
Kajabi may be a great all-in-one solution to create and promote your course content However, we need to look at a few crucial aspects that aren’t being addressed. Most of them would have been extremely helpful in improving the experience. Below are the items that we wish would be included in Kajabi’s system soon:
- Built-in tools for issuance of certificates and certificates. While some provide this service, instructors who use Kajabi often will still need to connect to third-party software that are specialized in the issue of certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we appreciate the way that the platform handles assessments within courses, we wish that the absence of options for question types – plus randomization of said types that is addressed as soon as possible.
- Other payment options. As of the moment, only transactions via Stripe or PayPal are accepted. Not only that, but we aren’t sure if there are certain limits also.
- A public API key. This would have been useful for creating custom integrations for example, having your students who have subscribed to your service log in with the single sign-in option in other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi could have the majority of the features any aspiring edupreneur could ever dream of. But due to its high price plan and a certain lack in features it might turn some people off. If you’re looking for alternatives that share similarity with Kajabi regarding performance and reliability We’ve provided a list of worthy competitors that you may want to consider in making your choice. How Kajabi Works
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in-one solutions similar to Kajabi. The only major difference is the price that starts at $67/month You can design unlimited courses and market to your target audience without ever having to worry about spending a dime!
- Podia isn’t just claiming to be a creator-friendly platform. It’s also extremely simple to use, far easier than Kajabi! Although you can benefit from marketing features Podia is much less heavy than other. But considering the very budget-friendly cost we can understand how Podia is a great choice for individuals who are just starting out in the business.
- While Kajabi does not have credentials or sophisticated quiz functions, Thinkific makes up for them. With a price that is affordable for beginners and a wide range of features, it certainly offers more industry-level functions than the other as well as live lesson courses and an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is similar to Thinkific in terms of how it works. However, we must appreciate how Teachable is able to incorporate additional payment options since it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay which are two gateways Kajabi does not have. Additionally, it allows one-on-one coaching and other core features.
In the end, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park by offering a wide range of features that most edupreneurs can utilize. It does provide the essentials anyone must need, from intuitive functions needed to design a professional web pages to the fantastic integrated marketing suite, which includes the inclusion of easy-to-understand diagrams of sales funnels as well as efficient marketing tools for e-mails.
There may be a few instruments that aren’t there like the issuance of certificates in particular. Also, with its high cost, it may not be the best choice for the budget-conscious. But we do understand that, while Kajabi does well in being an all-in-one solution for course creation but it’s not without limitations. However, that doesn’t stop it however, from becoming a popular choice among established business owners and creators!
If you’re still searching for an LMS that offers everything you require in one place, Kajabi is something you ought to seriously consider.
FAQ How Kajabi Works
What does the word Kajabi refer to?
The term “Kajabi” is derived from a word of Islamic (or Arabic origin, which translates to “to take flight.”
Can I sell physical goods on Kajabi?
Yes! In addition to the normal courses, you can also sell physical products on Kajabi. It is possible to integrate with Shopify to set up a fully functioning e-commerce shop on the platform!
Concerning e-mail marketing, is it possible that Kajabi can take over MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already includes E-mail marketing tools integrated within the platform, it’s logical that it’s enough to replace third-party programs such as MailChimp. If you do intend to make use of the platform, Kajabi still allows you to integrate it with other applications too.
Does Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi also has an app for mobile devices to ensure that you and your subscribed members have access to all courses even while on the go. How Kajabi Works