Hundreds of learning management system (LMS) platforms offer various important features you can use whenever you create meaningful content. Although there are plenty of websites that allow you to make use of advanced marketing tools to promote your courses to your target audience, some might not provide all these features. Although some sites provide simple-to-use tools to build courses, there’ll also be few that may provide editing options that is so complicated it turns its users off.
Among a sea of e-course platforms There are some that provide more than a simple editing interface, but also a plethora of marketing and sales functions. In addition to that they offer almost everything you could think of such as 24/7 assistance and training materials to top-quality analytics. All-in-one platforms for courses allow you to discover the world beyond your boundaries One of them that provide it is Kajabi.
A Quick Look How do you define Kajabi? Kajabi Founder
Kajabi is an online platform that lets you develop and market your courses to an student audience. It is marketed as a complete service that provides entrepreneurs from all walks of life with optimized and necessary features that will not only create a professional website for your courses , but also allow them to grow to higher levels. Kajabi has been critically acclaimed and regarded as one of the best online courses platforms, earning an overwhelming positive rating of 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so well-liked and appreciated by its users? There are many reasons that make the platform extremely easy for anyone to use. It’s first and foremost the ease of use. From course creation to marketing and sales, nearly all of Kajabi’s features have been designed so that they are easily accessible to those who are just getting started in the world of e-learning. Most of them are also advanced, which gives instructors who administer the course an edge over others. In addition it allows budding entrepreneurs like you run and develop a course-making business without the need to look to another place if something else isn’t available. Kajabi provides all the tools that anyone could require in order to live up to its ‘one-stop shop label.
What does it let you do? Do?
There are many kinds of methods that Kajabi can do as an all-in-one e-course solution. We’ve compiled a list, in bullet points of the most important attributes that you ought to be aware of when you’re thinking about it. In essence, Kajabi allows you:
- Create engaging and interactive classes using a range of customizable tools including media files, templates that you can pick in accordance with your personal preferences.
- Create a visually appealing website to house your course contents and materials along with a blog where you can keep your students updated on what else is new;
- Efficiently make use of websites, landing pages and checkout sites, and other methods to boost your earnings, expand your reach over the boundaries and boost conversion rates.
- Select the method you want to invoice your courses and other services to your students – whether it’s a one-time fee or a subscription for a month;
- Create effective sales funnels with no any difficulties by making use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Use its own marketing and analytics suite with email marketing, CRM, and automated tools.
- Manage and create your affiliate links; and
- Explore a wide variety of community and training materials in conjunction with the Kajabi University feature.
Famous Names that have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted and used by over 16,000 businesses and famous personalities. Kajabi is the preferred choice of many of the most well-known people who come from different industries, such as online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard and fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is home to thousands on thousands of courses accessed and explored by over 35 million students from across the globe. At the time of time of writing Kajabi has generated over $650 million in sales since it was founded in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing options that Kajabi provides are different from other online course-making services in that they’re more expensive. With monthly rates that start as low as $119, it’s no wonder that it can be a hindrance for some who want to give it a try. However, when you consider the number of features that are included within each plan, pricing is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start by offering the Basic plan, which costs $149 per month or $119/month for billing annually. In this plan, you are able to design three products, reach an maximum of 1,000 active customers, and design websites that you are able to modify using the tools provided by Kajabi’s platform. Additionally, you get unlimited pages for landing websites, indefinite marketing emails, and unlimited access to helpful resources, including one-on-one customer support as well as Kajabi University.
Apart from the Basic plan, there’s the Growth plan, which happens to be Kajabi’s most popular plan for $199 per month or $159/month if you pay annually, as well as the Pro plan for $399 per month or $319/month annually and is packed with all the features you’d like when it comes to designing and selling your course. Kajabi is currently not offering any free plans. There is however a fourteen-day free trial is available on all three plans. An extended trial that lasts as long as 30 days available on certain blogs. So if you’re looking to test the waters and determine if Kajabi is the right fit for you, the limited free trial is the best option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Like About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s own marketing suite of tools, including e-mail marketing and automation, are designed for businesses, so you won’t need to integrate with other third-party services to do this!
- The sales funnel software. Another of the platform’s best-selling points is the Pipeline Builder. Pipeline Builder lets you make use of proven and easily accessible blueprint templates. No need to be overly complicated!
- The ability to customize without limitations. From creating professional-looking course websites all the way to the custom domain, Kajabi lets you customize according to your own preferences – and even build your brand from the ground up.
- The easy and intuitive website and course editors. Making content using the site and the course builder software has never been so easy and swift, and it takes less time and effort to get everything done.
- Unlimited integrations are endless. In addition to native integrations to ten e-commerce, marketing, and analytics services, connection to Zapier’s app lets users to investigate and select from more than one thousand non-native platforms for better efficiency.
- Making lasting connections with fellow instructors and students. Kajabi’s Community feature lets you connect with students enrolled in any of your courses. You can also make connections, network and celebrate with a multitude of teachers who happen to be in the same shoes as you.
The Cons – What We Don’t Like
- The steep pricing plans. Kajabi’s three pricing plans are greater than the average monthly rate provided by other companies. There’s not a free option either.
- No built-in tools to issue certificates. You may need to connect to a third-party certificate app if you plan to design custom-made certificates of various types.
- Insufficient tools for instructor-student engagement. We’re not happy about the absence of some particular features, including proper discussion forums and the ability to randomly assign quizzes or assignments. Kajabi Founder
The Review of Kajabi’s features
Ease of Use and Experience
One thing we love one thing we like about Kajabi is the surprisingly easy user experience. First, the majority of the users interface (UI) is well-organized. If you may notice on the screen menu, you’ll notice that all features are arranged into five main sections – Website, Products, Sales, Marketing, and People. The menu’s design does not allow for clutter, as some features that are related to specific sections are able to be collapsed. The UI layout is very consistent and reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-one” hallmark. You get to create your own landing page, alter your course, and engage with other instructors through one website.
There is a search assistant tool that can be useful anytime you’re looking for something that may be difficult to find. The Kajabi Assistant is found at the top of the dashboard, in the form of a search bar it allows you to search for tools and items on the website by typing in the words. Like we said that both the Kajabi website builder and course builder sections can be moved and dropped, making the process simpler without having to know how to navigate it. Kajabi is more user-friendly and has a less arduous learning curve than several of its peers. It also supports multiple languages other that English if you wish to present your content to wider audiences.
Course Creation and Engagement
Once you explore Kajabi’s course design feature, you will be able to see a collection of product or course templates, or, as the platform refers to them blueprints. Each of the blueprints for products is different in its structure and style and can be easily modified to suit the needs of instructors.
In the blueprints that are listed are Mini Courses and Online Courses as well as Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form , quick courses which are generally designed as a way to build brand value, while online Courses are full-version versions that have a complete structure of content designed for the “world-class” educational experience. Drip courses, on the other hand, are courses that are scheduled for the course of a specified number of weeks or days. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s a much more convenient method to distribute your content if you or your students are busy with other activities.
Kajabi might be regarded by many as a well-known premium course-maker. But, aside from the kinds of courses offered, the blueprints let you make a membership site where your customers can enjoy exclusive content and a coach session for 12 weeks. There’s also a blank template where you can create your own course or product completely from scratch!
Categories, Posts, and Content Uploads
When you explore the course builder you’ll notice the outline of the sections and lessons that have been automatically included when you select one of the blueprints for your course. In Kajabi’s instance, these sections and lessons are called categories and posts, respectively. The posts are where you can insert different kinds of content, including text, video and images, whereas the categories act as folders in which the posts are stored.
It is also possible to include subcategories of posts within a category if you want to organize your content more flexiblely. You may also move and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a variety of media and text files to include in your posts, such as MOV and MP4 files MP3 and WAV files, PDFs and Word documents. You can upload any of them either via your computer’s folders, or through file-sharing cloud platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can even copy and paste existing URLs of your video to your blog posts!
Like several other platforms for creating courses, Kajabi allows you to utilize the feature of bulk uploads. Similar to the name, you can add all your files to your courses in the same tab. This can be useful particularly if you’re doing other important stuff.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi provides a selection of more than 10 themes for courses. Unlike other LMS platforms, where you’re allowed to select one or three themes, Kajabi lets you have the choice of selecting several themes to suit different products. Similar to the course outline builder, it’s relatively simple to alter any theme to match your preferences. You can also incorporate elements of your company’s image, such as the logo, images, and font design into your course player to cultivate your own personal style. Kajabi Founder
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi includes a quiz function called Assessments where you get to design and create assignments and quizzes and then add them to the course of your class. Assessments are an effective way to assess whether your students have learned something from the course you’ve taught them. With the assessments feature, you can choose from three different question types: multiple-choice, paragraph-style, and multiple-selection. You can even create an acceptable score to encourage your students in engaging with your material more.
Apart from that in addition, in addition, the LMS site has also been able to make strides in creating areas for students and teachers to interact. Through the Community feature students have access to comment and interact with any of your courses via their dashboards. You can even write in your blog posts to discuss with the rest of them your previous lessons as well as your future content. The community feature can be accessed either as a stand-alone product or as part of your membership space.
Website Design and Customization
Why would you want to publish your course content on your website’s domain or WordPress website when Kajabi has the platform and tools you need to create one within the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting on three plans of pricing. What’s great about this is you’re guaranteed immediate security and security through an automated SSL certification and an experienced team of experts to maintain your site.
You also have the option to modify your domain as well as choose from a range of premium, unique themes that you can personalize to your hearts content! The possibilities don’t end there: if you’re an expert edupreneur and signed to the Growth plan and higher, you get to use custom-designed themes that are built to meet your ever-growing needs as well as take away all Kajabi logos and substitute it with your personal brand!
Similar to the course builder we’ve mentioned previously, Kajabi’s page builders allows you to modify any of the themes on the website using a variety of user-friendly and intuitive editing tools. If you continue to explore, you will be greeted with a variety of customizable blocks and sections. They’re essentially like those categories as well as posts from when we’ve talked about our course building tool. Blocks are referred to as the components that comprise the site’s content which includes text, media files, and clickable buttons. Sections on the other hand are made up of multiple neatly-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 pre-designed sections templates that you can pick from the dashboard of the page builder. Since we’re all connected to our phones and tiny tablets nowadays it is logical to use Kajabi to let your site automatically adjust to mobile-friendly layout. It’s even possible to go the extra mile and select the elements of your website you want for your member learners to see. With all the necessary tools to make your site look as you wish it to appear, Kajabi’s page builder is not only super flexible but also easy to manage.
Blogging and Other Website Features
Other LMS platforms might not offer this feature, but Kajabi allows you to make sections of your website that is dedicated to your blog, where you can share updates and thoughts about your course’s content. If you want to make the most out the Kajabi-made website, the service provides you an area where you can do so without limits. You can get started with the blog post by making your own using an editor for text. You may include SEO elements if you’d like to reach a larger audience and organize your blog posts into different categories, or even change the way you would like your blog’s entire section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging features might not be on par as WordPress or Blogspot however, it does have enough tools to allow it to be managed. You can also create podcasts to promote on your site. You can upload the recordings of your podcast that will be hosted on the website and distributed to major podcast listening platforms such as Apple Podcasts and Spotify. When you upload a podcast episode, you have two choices: publish it as a podcast that is public for free or make an exclusive private podcast that only your members have access to. Kajabi Founder
Marketing and Sales
Part of what makes Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is its slew of marketing and sales tools that are supremely easy and straightforward even for those who aren’t marketing experts to utilize!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A big draw among the crowd, Kajabi’s built-in E-mail marketing functions allow users to send out e-mails about your course and websites to your members who are subscribed students while seated on the platform. But you may be surprised by the fact that it goes beyond simply send emails. With the aid from Kajabi Automations, you get to build automated sequences of emails that are initiated by different types of user actions. For example, when a student successfully logs into one of your courses after the checkout process, a welcome email will be automatically sent directly to the student’s inbox. If another course is not performing the course, an upsell will be delivered to offer suggestions for improvement Kajabi Founder
You are able to create as many emails to your campaigns as you like and schedule each of them according to your preferences. You can even select which members of your group are eligible the messages. Managing e-mails has never been so complete and easy to manage. In contrast to other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with tools for marketing e-mails that you wouldn’t have to worry about the integration with third-party platforms to make things work.
Aside from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing function that lets you assign certain members of your group as affiliates in order to in promoting your site on behalf of you. In addition to paying them a commission, you may also track their performance to gauge the extent to which they are contributing to boosting your conversion and click rates. Kajabi Founder
Another of Kajabi’s top features are its Pipeline Builder, where you are able to design specialized marketing funnels without a lot of issues. While other platforms offer similar features, which require more time and effort, this Pipeline Builder is designed to be extremely simple and quick that even the uninitiated can benefit from it. This stunning feature allows you to choose from a collection of pre-made funnel designs or pipeline blueprints. These include the following:
- Freebies are great for when you want to offer a freebie as a lead magnet to grow your database.
- Sales Page OVO is a great option when you need to convince your intended audience to buy your product via the sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use any time you’re launching a course or any other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO is a great option for whenever you want to promote your business through web-based workshops
- Free Book OVO – for any time you wish to market your content the free digital book that you can download
- Coaching Campaign OVO – for any time you’re promoting your courses by means of an array of coaching sessions
- Blank plan – to use whenever you want to build the sales funnel you want from the beginning
After you pick one of the blueprints for a pipeline, Kajabi automatically creates a set of pages and emails you’ll require to create an efficient sales funnel. You can alter the way you want your pipeline to appear to your audience. You can even alter the design of your checkout and landing pages, for instance you can change the theme to something different – there is a library filled with 40+ pages templates you can select from.
Prices and Payment Methods
Kajabi lets you seamlessly integrate with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal so that your students can get to choose one of them to pay for your course. Stripe is the most popular payment method that accepts credit and debit card transactions and certain e-wallet providers across the world. PayPal is, on the other on the other hand, is an alternative for subscribers and multi-payment plans. There are no pressing charges for transactions on Kajabi’s side, as all your earnings are instantly transferred into your account at the banks.
When it comes to the pricing, Kajabi provides an array of options for you of options to select from. You can cost your pupils for the services at different dates (one-time subscription, one-time, or multi-payments) or distribute them to them for free. You even have the chance to select if you’re going to charge a set amount for a specific product or multiple products, and specify specific dates your students can access your products within a given period of time. Additionally, you can create coupons to further motivate your target audience to buy all of your products. Kajabi Founder
Integrations to Third-Party Services
Kajabi is a host of built-in features to help you create and market your courses, but you also have the option to connect to third-party applications to provide an additional boost of functions. The platform currently supports 10 native integrations, which include the popular analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier can be extremely helpful since it allows you to establish connections with hundreds more tools and third-party apps from e-commerce to user experience.
Training and Customer Support Resources
In terms of customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over its competitors because it’s one of the few course creation platforms which provide 24/7 live chat support. In contrast to other similar platforms the Kajabi customer support team is always ready to assist you when you’re struggling to create an online course or website, in addition to other crucial issues, anytime and wherever. However, it’s important to note that this 24 hour service is only available to instructors who are subscribed to the Growth plan upwards – for Basic users live chat is available at certain times and days on weekdays. However, Kajabi’s method of customer service has been praised by those who utilize it to develop relevant course content. Kajabi Founder
As for training tools, Kajabi offers you a variety of ways to use resources to master and become familiar with. Kajabi Hero University Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses and informational content that are specifically designed for educators and edupreneurs who want to jumpstart or improve their standing in the course creation world. You’re also invited to weekly Q&A-style educational webinars featuring prominent experts from various areas as guests. Additionally when you’re looking for other information and tips assistance, the help section will be there to help you in the right direction. Alongside the platform’s Hero University, there is also a Kajabi Hero Rewards program, where course creators can earn tons of sweet perks as they reach their objectives.
What Else is Missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi may be a great all-in-one solution to create and promote your course content, but we have to take care of a few essential things that are missing. The majority of these would have been extremely helpful to improve the experience. Below are the items we’d like to see included in Kajabi’s system soon:
- Built-in tools that issue certificates and credentials. Although some of them offer this option instructors using Kajabi will often need to connect to third-party applications that specialize in issuing certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we are pleased with the platform’s handling of assessments within courses, we wish for the lack of different types of questions – plus randomization of said types and their randomization to be resolved as quickly as possible.
- Additional payment options. As of this writing only transactions made through Stripe as well as PayPal are accepted. Not only that, but we don’t appreciate how there are limits also.
- An API key that is public. This could be useful in making custom integrations, for example, the ability to let your subscribers login using a single sign-in feature with other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi might have the most of the features any aspiring Edupreneur would ever want to have. But with the steep price plan, and the lack in terms of functionality, the site might make some people turn away. If you’re looking for alternatives that share similarity in comparison to Kajabi with regards to performance and reliability we’ve listed a few worthy competitors you might want to consider when making your choice. Kajabi Founder
- New Zenler is an online course platform that offers all-in-one solutions similar to Kajabi. The only major difference is the price – starting at only $67/month You are able to create unlimited courses and market to your target audience without ever having to worry about the cost!
- Podia does not just claim to be creator-friendly. It’s also very easy to use, much easier than even Kajabi! While you get to make use of marketing features It’s a lot lighter than other. But considering the very budget-friendly price we can understand the ways Podia can appeal to those who want to start their own business.
- While Kajabi isn’t a reputable platform and lacks sophisticated quiz functions, Thinkific makes up for them. With its affordable price It certainly has greater features that the other as well as live lessons and a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is similar to Thinkific in terms of how it operates. However, we must appreciate the way that Teachable can integrate additional payment options since it accepts Google Pay and Apple Pay, two gateway services Kajabi does not have. Additionally, it allows one-on-one coaching as well as other essential features.
All in all, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park in terms of offering a wide range of options that most entrepreneurs utilize. It sure does offer the essentials anyone must need including the intuitive features needed to build a professional-looking website , to the impressive integrated marketing suite that includes the inclusion of easy-to-understand diagrams of sales funnels as well as efficient e-mail marketing tools.
There could be some tools missing for example, the issuance of certificates specifically. Plus with a steep cost, it may not be the right choice for the budget-conscious. We do recognize that even though Kajabi performs great as an all-in one solution for course creation however, it’ll always have limitations. However, that doesn’t stop it however, from becoming a popular choice among established creators and businesses!
If you’re still searching to find an LMS that offers everything you require in one place, Kajabi is something you should strongly look into.
FAQ Kajabi Founder
What does the word Kajabi refer to?
The term “Kajabi” is derived from a word with Islamic (or Arabic origin that means “to fly.”
Can I sell physical products on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard programs, you can sell physical products through Kajabi. You can also connect with Shopify to set up a fully functioning E-commerce store using Kajabi!
In terms of e-mail marketing is it possible Kajabi could take over MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already comes with e-mail marketing tools built within the platform, it’s logical that it’s enough to replace third-party programs such as MailChimp. If you do wish to utilize this feature, Kajabi still allows you to integrate with it and other applications as well.
Does Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has an app that can be downloaded on mobile for you and your subscribed members can access your entire course content even when you’re on the go. Kajabi Founder