Hundreds of learning management system (LMS) platforms have a variety of crucial features that you can utilize whenever you create meaningful content. While there could be a lot of websites that allow you to utilize advanced marketing tools to advertise the courses you offer to your desired audience, others might not offer all of those things. While some provide easy-to-use tools to build courses, there’ll also be few that may provide editing options so complicated that it turns its users off.
Among a sea of e-course platforms, there are a few which offer more than just the basic editing interface but also an array of marketing and sales functions. And on top of that they also offer nearly everything you could think of such as 24/7 assistance and training materials to top-quality analytics. All-in-one platforms for courses allow you to explore beyond your limits One of them which can provide this is Kajabi.
A Quick Look What is Kajabi? Kajabi Growth Plan
Kajabi can be described as an online service that allows you to create and sell your content to your customers. It is marketed as a complete service, Kajabi provides edupreneurs from all walks of life with optimized and vital features to not just create a professional website for your courses , but also allow them to grow to higher levels. Kajabi has been critically acclaimed and regarded as one of the best online learning platforms, with an overwhelming rating of 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so well-liked and appreciated among its users? There are plenty of reasons that make the platform very convenient for everyone to use. It’s first and foremost the user-friendliness. From the course creation to marketing almost all of Kajabi’s features have been designed so that they are easily accessible to those who are new in the world of online courses. The majority of them are advanced, which gives instructors who administer the course an edge over others. Additionally this allows students like you run and develop an online course without having to travel elsewhere if anything else is not available. Kajabi offers all the tools that anyone could require, living up to its ‘one-stop shop label.
What does it let you do? Do?
There are numerous options that Kajabi allows you to create an all-in-one e-learning solution. We’ve compiled a list, in bullet points, of its important attributes that you ought to watch out for if you’re considering it. In simple terms, Kajabi allows you:
- Create interactive and engaging courses using a variety of customizing tools including media files, templates you can select according to your preference;
- Create a professional website that can present your course content and materials along with blogs to keep your students informed about what’s new.
- Effectively utilize landing pages, checkout pages and other methods to boost the profits you earn, extend your reach to the limit and increase conversion rates;
- Decide how you would like to bill your courses and other products for your students, whether it’s a one-time fee or a monthly subscription;
- Create effective sales funnels with no any difficulties by making use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Make use of its internal marketing and analytics software with e-mail marketing, CRM, and automation tools.
- Manage and create your affiliate links.
- Explore an array of community, customer service and training tools in conjunction with the Kajabi University feature.
The Big Names Who Have Utilized Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted and used by more than 16,000 companies and big-name personalities. It’s the choice of several well-known personalities who are part of different industries, such as the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard and fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi hosts thousands on thousands of courses which are accessed and explored by more than 35 million students from all over the world. In the last the time this article was written, Kajabi is generating more than $650million in revenue since its establishment in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing plans Kajabi provides are different from other online course-making services in that they’re more expensive. With monthly costs that begin as low as $119, it’s not surprising that it can be a hindrance for some who might want to give the service a shot. But considering the huge amount of features that are included in each plan, pricing is logically reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin at the Basic plan that costs $149 per month, or $119/month if billed annually. With this tier, you can create three products, garner an maximum of 1,000 active customers, and make websites that you are able to create with the tools offered by Kajabi’s platform. Additionally, you get unlimited landing pages, unlimited marketing emails as well as unlimited access to helpful resources, including one-on-one customer support and Kajabi University.
Apart from the Basic plan, there is the Growth plan which is the most sought-after plan on the platform at $199 a month or $159/mo when paid annually, as well as the Pro plan for $399 per month or $319/month annually and is packed to the brim with all the features you’d like when it comes to designing and selling your course. Kajabi does not currently offer any free plans. But a 14-day no-cost trial is offered for each of the three plans. A trial extension that runs as long as 30 days also available on selected blogs, so if you wish to try the service and determine if Kajabi is the right choice for you, the short trial period is the ideal way to go.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros and Cons – What We Really Like About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s marketing suite in-house of tools, which includes e-mail marketing and automation, are specifically designed to be optimized for business, and you won’t need to integrate with other third-party services for this!
- The sales funnel software. Another of the platform’s best-selling points The Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of well-tested and accessible blueprint templates. No need to get too complicated!
- Unlimited customization. From the creation of professional-looking courses up to the customized name, Kajabi lets you customize to your heart’s content – and even create your own brand from the ground up.
- The easy and intuitive website and course editors. Making content with the site and course builder software has never been this easy and swift, and it takes less effort and time to get everything done.
- Limitless integrations are endless. Aside from native integrations that integrate with 10 e-commerce, marketing and analytics solutions, connecting to the app Zapier allows users to investigate and select from more than one thousand non-native platforms to increase effectiveness.
- Building worthwhile relationships with fellow instructors and students. Kajabi’s Community feature allows you to interact with students who are enrolled in any of your courses. You can also connect, network, and celebrate with a multitude of teachers similar to you.
The Cons – What We Do Not Like
- The pricing plans are hefty. The three plans offered by Kajabi are more than the average monthly rate provided by other companies. There’s no free option available either.
- No built-in tools to issue certificates. You may need to connect to a third-party certificate software if you want to create custom-made ones that are of different types.
- There aren’t enough tools to facilitate student-instructor engagement. We’re not happy about the absence of certain features, including proper discussion forums and the ability to randomly assign tests or assignments. Kajabi Growth Plan
The Review of Kajabi’s features
Ease of Use and Experience
One thing we love one thing we like about Kajabi is the shockingly easy user experience. First, the majority of the platform’s User Interface (UI) is well-organized. If you check the dashboard menu, you may find that all the features are arranged into five main sections – Website Products, Sales, Marketing and People. The layout of the menu is clear and free of clutter, as some elements that are associated with specific sections are able to be collapsed. The UI layout is very consistent, reflecting Kajabi’s ‘all-in-one’ brand name. You can build your own landing page, alter your course and communicate with your instructors on the same site.
The search assistant is a tool that can be useful anytime you’re looking for something difficult to find. The Kajabi Assistant is located at the top part of the dashboard in the shape that of a bar for searching and it lets you look for specific tools and products within the site by entering the search terms. Like we said the website builder and course builder sections can be moved and dropped, making the process simpler without needing to learn how to navigate it. Kajabi is more user-friendly and has a less arduous learning curve than several of its peers. It also supports multiple languages other than English for those who want to share your content with broader audiences.
Course Design and Engagement
If you take a look at Kajabi’s courses design feature, you will quickly come across a variety of course or product templates or what the platform refers to them blueprints. Each of the blueprints for products varies in structure and type and is readily tailored to meet the needs of any instructor.
Included among the listed blueprints are Mini Courses and Online Courses as well as Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form , quick courses, which are typically designed as a means of gaining the brand’s value, whereas Online Courses are full-version types with a complete content structure created to offer a “world-class” learning experience. Drip courses on the contrary, are classes that are scheduled for an established period of weeks or days. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s a much more convenient method to distribute your content if you and your students are busy working on other projects.
Kajabi is known to many as a renowned premium course maker. However, in addition to the kinds of courses offered, the blueprints let you create a membership space that allows your customers to access exclusive content and a coach session for 12 weeks. There’s also a blank template that allows you to create an entire course or product from scratch!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
As you further explore the course builder, you will notice the outline of the sections and lessons that were automatically included when you select one of the blueprints for your course. In Kajabi’s instance, these sections and lessons are known as categories and posts, respectively. Posts are the places where you insert various types of content, like text, videos images, and text, while the categories act as folders in which the posts are stored.
It is also possible to include subcategories of posts within the same category, if you wish to arrange your content in a flexible way. You can alter the outline by dragging it around. Kajabi accepts a wide variety of text and media files that can be used to add to your posts, such as MP4 and MOV files, WAV and MP3 files PDFs and Word documents. You can upload any of them through your computer’s folders or through file-sharing cloud platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can add existing URLs of your video to your blog posts!
As with a handful of other platforms for creating courses, Kajabi allows you to use the feature of bulk uploads. Like the name implies it allows you to upload all your files to your course in one page. This can be useful particularly if you’re performing other tasks.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi offers a lineup of over 10 themes for courses. Unlike other LMS platforms where you’re only given the option to choose the theme you want to use, Kajabi lets you have the freedom to choose various themes for the various products. Similar to the course outline maker, it’s simple to modify any theme to suit your personal style. You can also incorporate elements of your company’s image including logos, images, and font designs , into your course player in order to give it a your own personal style. Kajabi Growth Plan
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi offers a quiz feature called Assessments. It allows you to create quizzes and assignments and then add them to the course of your curriculum. Assessments can be a great method of determining whether your students have learned something from the course you’ve taught them. With the assessments option, you are able to choose from three different types of questions: multiple-choice multiple-selection, and paragraph-style. You can even create an acceptable score to encourage your students in engaging with your content.
Apart from that in addition, the LMS website has made strides in creating areas for teachers and students to communicate. With the Community feature, students have access to participate and leave comments on any of your courses via their dashboards. You can even write in your blog posts to discuss with other students your previous lessons as well as your future content. The community feature can be accessed as a separate item or as a an element of membership area.
Website Design and Customizability
Why share your course contents on your website’s domain or WordPress web site when Kajabi offers the platform and tools to build one on the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting for all 3 pricing options. What’s great about this is you’re guaranteed immediate security and safety with an automated SSL certification, as well as an experienced team of experts to maintain your website.
You’re also given the liberty to personalize your domain as well as pick from a wide array of unique, professional themes, all of which you can personalize to your liking! It doesn’t stop there: if you’re an expert edupreneur and have signed up to the Growth plan or higher, you get to import custom-made themes built to meet your ever-growing needs, plus remove all Kajabi brand names and then replace it with your personal brand!
Just like the course builders we’ve talked about earlier, the page builder from Kajabi allows you to alter any of the available themes on the website using a variety of user-friendly and intuitive editing tools. After further exploration, you will be greeted with a variety of customizable blocks and sections. They’re similar to the categories and posts that we’ve discussed when we’ve talked about our course building tool. Blocks are the elements that compose the content of the website, such as text, media files as well as clickable button. Sections are, however, are formed by multiple well-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 preset sections templates that can be picked from the page builder’s dashboard. Since we’re all connected to our phones and tiny tablets it’s logical for Kajabi to let your site automatically adjust to mobile layout. You can even go the extra mile by picking the element of your site you would like for your member learners to see. With all the necessary tools to create your website however you want it to appear Kajabi’s page builders are not just incredibly flexible, but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Website Features
Other LMS platforms might not offer this, but Kajabi lets you create a section of your website dedicated to your blog where you can post comments and updates on your course content. If you’re looking to make the most out of your Kajabi-made site it provides a space where you can publish your content without restriction. You can get started with the blog post by making one using an editor for text. You may incorporate SEO elements if you’d like to expand your reach and organize your blog posts into different categories, or even change the way you would like your blog’s entire section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging tools may not be as up to par as WordPress or Blogspot however, it does have enough tools to be manageable. Additionally, you can also create podcasts that you could promote on your site. You can upload the recordings of your podcast to be hosted on the site and then distributed to major podcast listening platforms such as Apple Podcasts and Spotify. If you upload podcast episodes you can choose between two options: release it as a public podcast for free , or create an exclusive private podcast which only your subscribers can get access to. Kajabi Growth Plan
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
One of the reasons that make Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is its array of sales and marketing tools that are extremely user-friendly and easy to even non- marketing experts to make use of!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A major draw for the masses, Kajabi’s built-in E-mail marketing functions allow you to send emails about your course and website to your subscribers students from the comfort of the platform. However, you might be amazed that it does more than just send e-mails. With the aid with Kajabi Automations, you get to automate sequences of e-mails initiated by different types of user actions. For example, when a student logs in successfully to one of your classes after the checkout process, a welcome email will be automatically sent directly to the student’s inbox. If another underperforms, an upsell is sent to suggest improvement Kajabi Growth Plan
You are able to create as many emails to the campaign you wish and then schedule them in accordance with your preferences. You can also choose which of your members gets to receive these messages. The management of e-mails has never been this extensive and yet simple to manage. In contrast to other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with tools for marketing e-mails that you will not require connecting to other third-party platforms to make things work.
Aside from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing option that lets you assign certain members of yours as affiliates who can help promote your content on your behalf. In addition to paying them a commission and monitoring their performance to gauge the extent to which they are contributing to boosting your conversion and click rates. Kajabi Growth Plan
Another of Kajabi’s top features can be one of the best features is Pipeline Builder, where you can create custom marketing funnels with no overcomplicating problems. While other platforms offer similar features that require more effort and time and effort, Pipeline Builder is a breeze to use. Pipeline Builder is designed to be extremely simple and quick that even beginners are able to make the most of it. This amazing feature allows you to choose from a variety of pre-designed funnel templates or pipeline blueprints. These include the following:
- Freebies – to be used whenever you’d like to provide the freebie to lead magnet to grow your email list
- Sales Page OVO – for whenever you want to persuade your audience to buy your product via a sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use when you’re launching courses or another product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – for any time you wish to promote your products through web seminars
- Free Book OVO is a great resource for anytime you’d like to promote your content with the free digital book that you can download
- Coaching Campaign OVO – to use whenever you’re promoting your classes through a series of coaching sessions
- Blank blueprint – for whenever you’d like to construct your sales funnel from the beginning
Once you select from any of the blueprints for a pipeline, Kajabi automatically creates pages and emails you’ll require to create an effective sales funnel. You can customize how you would like your sales funnel to appear to your audience. You can even alter the look of your checkout and landing pages, for example, to a different one There is a library with more than 40 pages templates you can choose from.
Optional Payment Options and Price
Kajabi lets you seamlessly integrate with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal so that your students can get to choose between them when they pay for your course. Stripe is a popular payment option that allows debit and credit card transactions, as well as various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal is, on the other hand, is available as an alternative for subscribers as well as multi-payment plans. There aren’t any urgent transaction fees on Kajabi’s part since all the money you earn will be immediately transferred to your bank account.
When it comes to the pricing, Kajabi offers you a wide range of pricing options. You can charge your students for your products at different times (one-time subscription, one-time, or several payments) or distribute them for free. You even have the chance to select if you’re going to charge a specified price for one item or for a variety of items, and specify specific dates your members can access within a certain period of time. You can also create coupons to further motivate your target audience to buy the products you offer. Kajabi Growth Plan
Integrations with Third-Party Services
Kajabi may have a plethora of built-in features to help you make and market your courses, but you also have the option to connect to third-party applications to provide more functions. The platform currently supports the integration of ten natively-built integrations, such as the well-known analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier is extremely useful since it allows you to establish connections to hundreds of third-party applications and tools, ranging that range from e-commerce to user experiences.
Training and Support for Customers
When it comes to customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over the rest as it’s among the few platforms for creating courses with live chat available 24/7 support. Unlike some similar services the Kajabi customer support team is always ready to assist you if you’re having difficulties in creating an online course or website, in addition to other issues that are important, at any time and wherever. It’s crucial to mention that this 24-hour support is available to instructors who subscribe to the Growth plan and above – for Basic users live chat support is scheduled for certain times and days of the week. However, Kajabi’s method of customer support has been highly praised by many who use it to develop relevant courses. Kajabi Growth Plan
In terms of tools to train, Kajabi provides an array of options to access resources that you can learn and get used to. Its Kajabi Hero University is packed with courses, tutorials, and informative content especially geared towards teachers and edupreneurs who want to jumpstart or improve their standing in the world of course design. Additionally, you can attend daily Q+A educational webinars with top experts from various disciplines as guest speakers, and when you’re looking for other information and tips assistance, the help section is always there to guide you on your way. Alongside the platform’s Hero University, there is Kajabi’s Hero Rewards program, where course creators get rewarded with tons of sweet perks as they achieve their goals.
What Else is Missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi could be an excellent all-in-one tool to design and sell your course material however, we must address a few vital things that aren’t being addressed. Most of them would have been extremely helpful to improve the experience. Below are the items that we wish would be added to Kajabi’s system in the near future:
- Built-in tools for issuance of certificates and other credentials. While some offer this feature, instructors who use Kajabi frequently will require a connection to third-party apps which specialize in issuance of certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we are pleased with the way that the platform handles assessments within courses, we wish for the lack of question type options – plus randomization of said types and their randomization to be resolved as quickly as possible.
- Additional payment options. At the time of writing, only transactions via Stripe and PayPal are accepted. In addition, we aren’t sure if there are certain limits as well.
- A public API key. This would have been useful for creating custom integrations for example, having your students who have subscribed to your service log in with the single sign-in option in other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi could have the majority of the features that an aspiring edupreneur could ever dream of. But with the steep price plan, and the lack in terms of functionality, the site may turn some people off. If you’re looking for alternatives with commonalities in comparison to Kajabi in terms of performance and reliability We’ve provided a list of worthy competitors you might be considering when making your choice. Kajabi Growth Plan
- New Zenler is an online course platform that offers all-in-one services similar to Kajabi. The only significant difference is the price that starts at $67/month, you can create unlimited courses and sell your course to the right audience without having to worry about the cost!
- Podia does not just claim to be user-friendly. It’s also extremely simple to use, and much more user-friendly than Kajabi! In addition, you can benefit from marketing features It’s a lot lighter than the other. However, when you consider the budget-friendly price range we can understand the way Podia can appeal to individuals who are just starting out in the business.
- While Kajabi does not have credentials or more advanced features for quizzes, Thinkific makes up for these features. With its affordable price and a wide range of features, it certainly offers greater features that the other, and this includes live-taught courses as well as a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is similar to Thinkific in the way it operates. But, we need to appreciate how the former can incorporate additional payment options, as it supports Google Pay and Apple Pay which are two gateways Kajabi does not have. Additionally, it allows one-on-one coaching and other core features.
In the end, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park in terms of having nearly all the features that most edupreneurs can utilize. It does provide all the features you need, from intuitive functions needed to build a professional-looking website to the stellar integrated marketing suite that includes the inclusion of easy-to-understand diagrams of sales funnels as well as efficient marketing tools for e-mails.
There are a few tools that are missing for example, the issuance of certificates, in particular. Also, with its high price tag, it may not be the wise choice among the budget-conscious. However, we understand that while Kajabi is well in being an all-in-one solution for course creation, it will always have limits. However, that doesn’t stop it but it is an extremely popular choice for established creators and businesses!
If you’re looking for an LMS that can provide everything you require in one place, Kajabi is something you should strongly consider.
FAQ Kajabi Growth Plan
What does the word Kajabi mean?
The word “Kajabi” originates from a word of Islamic as well as Arabic origin, which translates to “to take flight.”
Can I sell physical products on Kajabi?
Yes! In addition to the normal classes, you can also sell physical items on Kajabi. You can also join with Shopify to create a fully-functioning E-commerce store using Kajabi!
Regarding marketing via e-mail is it possible Kajabi can be able to replace MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already comes with E-mail marketing tools integrated within the platform, it makes sense that it’s adequate to replace third-party programs like MailChimp. If you do wish to utilize the platform, Kajabi still allows you to integrate it with other apps as well.
Does Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi also has an app that can be downloaded on mobile so that you and your subscribers can access your entire course content even when you’re in the move. Kajabi Growth Plan