A myriad of learning management systems (LMS) platforms have many crucial features that you can use when you write content that is meaningful. Although there are plenty of sites that let you utilize advanced marketing tools to promote classes to your desired audience, some might not offer all of those things. And while some offer easy-to-use course-building tools, there will be a few that have an editing experience that is so complicated they turn off their users.
Among a sea of e-course platforms, there are a few that offer not just a simple editing interface, but also an array of marketing and sales functions. And on top of that they provide you with nearly all you can think of such as 24/7 assistance and training materials to top-quality analytics. All-in-one course platforms let you explore beyond your limits and one of the platforms that offer it effortlessly is Kajabi.
At a Glance Kajabi: What exactly is Kajabi? Kajabi Growth
Kajabi can be described as an online service that allows you to develop and market your courses to an student audience. The company is advertised as an all-in-one solution and platform for edupreneurs, Kajabi offers edupren all walks of life with optimized and essential features needed to not just create a professional website for your courses but also allow them to grow to new heights. Kajabi is widely praised and is regarded as one of the best online course platforms, gaining an overwhelming positive score of 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so popular and well-liked by its users? Well, there are quite plenty of factors that make this platform extremely easy for anyone to utilize. First, it’s the ease of use. From course creation all the way to marketing almost all of Kajabi’s features can be easily accessible to those who are only beginning to get started in the world of e-learning. The majority of them are advanced, giving administrating instructors an advantage over others. Lastly it allows budding entrepreneurs such as you manage and build courses without having to travel elsewhere in case something is not available. Kajabi provides all the tools anyone may need, living up to its ‘one-stop shop’ moniker.
What Does It Let You Do?
There are numerous ways that Kajabi lets you create an all-in-one e-learning solution. We’ve put together a list in bullet form of the key attributes that you ought to keep an eye on in the event you’re considering the option. Simply put, Kajabi lets you:
- Create interactive and engaging courses using a variety of customizing tools, media files, and templates you can select according to your preference;
- Build a presentable website to present your course content and other products, as well as your own blog to keep your students up-to-date on what else is new;
- Efficiently make use of websites, landing pages and checkout sites, and other viable methods to increase the profits you earn, extend your reach beyond the limits and boost conversion rates;
- Choose how you wish to charge your courses and other services to your students – whether it’s a one-time fee or a monthly subscription
- Build effective sales funnels without any issues by making use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Use its own marketing and analytics software with e-mail marketing and CRM as well as automated tools.
- Set up and manage your affiliate links.
- Explore an array of community, and training resources, with the addition of Kajabi University.
Famous Names that have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is used and trusted by more than 16,000 companies and big-name personalities. It’s the go-to choice for some of the well-known names who come from different sectors, including the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi hosts thousands on thousands of courses which are accessed and explored by more than 35 million students from across the globe. At the time of the time this article was written, Kajabi has generated over $650 million in sales since its inception in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing plans that Kajabi provides are different from other online course-making services in that they’re more expensive. With monthly costs that begin as low as $119, it’s not surprising that it can be a hindrance for some who would like to give the service a shot. With the abundance of important features included within every plan, the price is logically reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start with the Basic plan, which costs $149 per month, or $119/month for billing annually. This plan lets you get to create three products, reach an maximum of 1000 active users, as well as make a website that you can modify using the tools provided by Kajabi’s platform. Also included are unlimited landing pages, unlimited marketing emails as well as unlimited access to valuable resources, including one-on one customer service and Kajabi University.
In addition to basic plans, there is the Growth plan which is Kajabi’s most popular plan with a monthly cost of $199 or $159/mo when paid annually, and the Pro plan for $399 per month or $319/month annually, which is filled to the brim with every feature you could ask for when you are creating and selling your courses. Kajabi is currently not offering a free plan option. But a 14-day free trial is offered for all three plans. A longer trial of for up to 30 days available on selected blogs. So if you wish to try the service and determine if Kajabi is the right choice for you, then the brief free trial is the best way to go.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros and Cons – What We Really Like About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s own marketing suite of tools, including e-mail marketing and automation, are specifically designed to be optimized for businessuse, and you won’t need to integrate with other third-party services for that!
- The software for sales funnels. Another one of the most popular features on the platform, the sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of well-tested and accessible blueprint templates. No need to overcomplicate yourself!
- Customization without limits. From creating professional-looking course websites all the way to the custom domain, Kajabi lets you customize according to your own preferences – and even build your brand from the ground up.
- The user-friendly and simple site along with course editors. The creation of content using the site and course builder software has never been so simple and fast, since it takes less time and effort to complete the task.
- Limitless integrations. Apart from native integrations that integrate with ten e-commerce, marketing, and analytics services, connection to the app Zapier allows users to investigate and select from more than one thousand non-native platforms to increase efficiency.
- Establishing meaningful relationships with your students and instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature allows you to interact with students enrolled in any of your courses. You can also make connections, network and share your joy with hundreds of teachers who happen to be in the same shoes as you.
The Cons – What We Don’t Like
- The steep pricing plans. Three pricing options offered by Kajabi cost greater than the average monthly rates that other providers offer. There’s no free option available either.
- There are no built-in tools for issuance of certificates. It is possible connect to a third-party certificate app if you plan to create custom-made ones of different kinds.
- There aren’t enough tools to facilitate student-instructor engagement. We aren’t happy with the absence of specific tools, such as adequate discussion forums, as well as the ability to randomly distribute tests or assignments. Kajabi Growth
The Review of Kajabi’s features
Easy of Use and Experience
One thing we love about Kajabi is the shockingly easy user experience. One of the reasons is that the platform’s users interface (UI) is organized. If you check the dashboard menu, you will see that the functions are organized into five main sections: Website Products, Sales Marketing and People. The layout of the menu is clear and free of obstruction, since some of the aspects that belong to the specific section can be collapsed. The UI design is very consistent that reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-1” brand name. You can create your own landing page, alter your course, and even communicate with your instructors on the same site.
The search assistant is a tool that comes in handy when you need to search for something that is difficult to locate. The Kajabi Assistant is found at the top part of the dashboard in the shape as a “search bar, and allows you to search for specific tools and products within the site by entering the words. As previously mentioned that both the Kajabi site builder and course builder sections are drag-and-drop which makes the process easier without having to know how to navigate the site. Kajabi has a smoother learning curve than several of its peers. It can also be used in other languages that English if you wish to present your content to wider audience.
Course Development and Engagement
Once you explore Kajabi’s course creation function, you may be able to see a collection of course or product templates or, as the platform calls it blueprints. Each blueprint for a product differs in terms of structure and design and is readily tailored to suit the needs of instructors.
The blueprints listed are Mini Courses, Online Courses as well as Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form quick courses, which are typically designed in order to increase brand recognition, while Online Courses are full-version courses that have a complete structure of content that are designed to provide an “world-class” educational experience. Drip courses, on the other hand, are programs that are scheduled for an established period of weeks or days. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s a much more convenient way to share your content when you and your students are busy working on other projects.
Kajabi might be regarded by many as a renowned premium course-maker. But, aside from the course types, the product blueprints allow you to make a membership site that allows your customers to access exclusive content and a coach session for 12 weeks. The template is also blank that allows you to create a course or product completely from scratch!
Categories, Posts, and Content Uploads
If you continue to look into the course builder, you will notice the outline of the sections and lessons that have been automatically added if you choose any of the course blueprints. In Kajabi’s instance, these sections and lessons are called categories and posts, or. Posts are where you put in different types of content like text, videos, and images, while the categories act as folders where the posts are stored.
You may also incorporate subcategories of posts under the same category, if you wish to organize your content more flexiblely. You can also drag and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a variety of text and media files that can be used to add to your posts. These include MOV and MP4 files, MP3 and WAV files, PDFs and Word documents. You can upload any of them through your computer’s folders or file-sharing cloud platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can even add existing URLs of your video to your posts!
As with a handful of other platforms for creating courses, Kajabi allows you to make use of the bulk upload feature. Similar to the name that you can upload all the files you have uploaded to your courses in one tab. This one is handy especially when you’re working on other things.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi provides a selection of more than 10 themes for course players. Unlike other LMS platforms, where you’re allowed to select only one of three theme options, Kajabi lets you have the choice of selecting various themes for the various products. Similar to the course outline maker, it’s easy to customize any theme to match your preferences. It is possible to incorporate specifics that represent your brand including logos, images, and font designs into your course player to cultivate a personal touch. Kajabi Growth
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi has a quiz feature called Assessments where you get to make quizzes and assignments and include them as part of your class. Assessments are a helpful way to determine the extent to which your students gained from the course you’ve taught them. With the assessment option, you are able to choose between the three primary types of questions: multiple-choice multi-selection, or paragraph-style. You can even create an acceptable score to encourage your students to be more engaged with your content.
In addition, in addition, the LMS website also has made strides in creating spaces for teachers and students to interact. Through the Community feature, your students are able to participate and leave comments on any of your courses through their dashboards. You can even write in your blog posts to discuss with the rest of them your previous lessons and also your future content. The community feature can be accessed either as a stand-alone feature or as an element of membership space.
Website Design and Customization
Why would you want to publish your course content with your domain name as well as WordPress website when Kajabi offers the platform and the tools to build one on the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting for the three pricing plans. What’s awesome about it is you’re guaranteed immediate safety and security with an automated SSL certification, as well as the support of a team to manage your website.
Additionally, you have the freedom to personalize your domain and also pick from a wide array of premium, unique themes, which you can personalize to your hearts content! This doesn’t stop there. if you’re an expert edupreneur and have signed up to the Growth plan or higher you are able to import custom-made themes built to meet your ever-growing needs as well as eliminate the Kajabi brand names and then replace it with your custom-designed theme!
Like the course builder we’ve mentioned previously, Kajabi’s page builders lets you modify any of the available website themes with a suite of user-friendly and intuitive editing tools. After further exploration you’ll be presented with customizable sets of blocks and sections. They’re basically like post categories, and categories we discussed when we discussed the course builder. Blocks are referred to as the elements that make up the content of the website, such as media files, text as well as clickable button. Sections on the other hand are made up of multiple neatly-arranged blocks.
There are more than 40 pre-designed sections templates that you can pick from the dashboard of the page builder. As we’re all glued to our smartphones and tablets, it makes total sense to use Kajabi to have your website automatically adjust to a mobile layout. You can even go the extra mile by choosing which site element you wish members to view. With all the tools you need to build your site however you want it to look, Kajabi’s page builder is not just incredibly flexible, but also easy to manage.
Blogging and Other Web-based Features
Other LMS platforms might not offer this feature, but Kajabi allows you to make sections of your website specifically for your blog. There, you can publish comments and updates on the content of your course. If you’re looking to get the most of your Kajabi-made site it provides a space where you can publish your content without restriction. You can get started with your blog posts by creating your own using an editor for text. You can include SEO elements if you wish to have a wider reach or group your posts into various categories, and even alter the way you would like your blog’s entire section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging tools may not be as on with WordPress or Blogspot however, it does have enough tools to allow it to be managed. Additionally, you can also create podcasts that you can promote on your site. You can upload the recordings of your podcasts to be hosted on the site and distributed to major podcast listening platforms such as Apple Podcasts and Spotify. If you upload podcast episodes you can choose between two options: release it as a podcast that is public free of charge or create an exclusive private podcast that only your users are able to access. Kajabi Growth
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
One of the reasons that make Kajabi so popular among edupreneurs is its slew of marketing and sales tools that are extremely convenient and simple enough to even non- marketing experts to use!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A huge draw among the crowd, Kajabi’s built-in email marketing feature allows you to send emails related to your course and website to your subscribers students while seated on the platform. But you may be surprised that it does more than simply send emails. With the help from Kajabi Automations, you get to automate sequences of emails that are initiated by different types of user actions. For example, when a student logs in successfully to one of your classes after checkout, a welcome e-mail will be automatically delivered directly to the student’s inbox. If the course performs poorly the course, an upsell will be delivered to offer suggestions for improvement Kajabi Growth
You can send as many e-mails to the campaign you like and schedule each one in accordance to your preference. You can also choose the members you want to receive these messages. The management of e-mails has never been this complete and easy to manage. Unlike other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with e-mail marketing tools that will not require the integration with third-party platforms in order to make it work.
Apart from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing function where you get to assign some of your members as affiliates in order to promote your content on behalf of your company. Alongside paying them the commission rate and monitoring their performance to see how well they contribute to increasing your conversion rates and click rates. Kajabi Growth
Another one of Kajabi’s overall standouts are the Pipeline Builder, where you get to create specialized marketing funnels with no overcomplicating issues. While other platforms provide similar features, which require more time and effort, Pipeline Builder is a breeze to use. Pipeline Builder is designed to be extremely simple and quick that even those who aren’t experts are able to make the most of it. This feature is stunning and allows you to choose from a collection of pre-made funnel blueprints or templates for pipelines. They include:
- Freebies are great for when you’d like to provide a freebie as a lead magnet to build your email list
- Sales Page OVO is a great option whenever you want to convince your target public to buy your product via the sales page
- Product Launch OVO is a great option for whenever you’re launching a course or other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – for whenever you want to promote your products through web training seminars
- Free Book OVO – to use any time you wish to market your content an online book for free download.
- Coaching Campaign OVO – for any time you’re promoting your classes through an array of coaching sessions
- Blank blueprint – for whenever you’re looking to create the sales funnel you want from beginning
Once you select from any of the blueprints for a pipeline Kajabi will automatically generate pages and emails you’ll need to pull off an effective sales funnel. You can customize how you want your pipeline to appear to your target audience. You may even change the look of your landing and checkout pages, for example changing the design to a different theme There is a library filled with 40+ pages templates you can select from.
Payment and Pricing Options
Kajabi lets you seamlessly integrate with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal so that your students can choose between the two to pay for your courses. Stripe is the common payment method that accepts credit and debit card transactions as well as certain e-wallet providers across the world. PayPal, on the other hand, is available as an alternative for subscribers as well as multi-payment plans. There aren’t any fees for transactions on the part of Kajabi, as all your earnings are instantly transferred into your account at the banks.
When it comes to price options for Kajabi, it gives an array of options for you of pricing options. You can charge your students for your services at different times (one-time or subscription and several payments) or hand them out at no cost. You can also choose to select if you’re going to charge a specific amount for a single product or multiple products, and establish specific dates for your students can access your products within a given time frame. Additionally, you can create coupons to further motivate your audience to purchase the products you offer. Kajabi Growth
Integration with Third-Party Services
Kajabi is a host of built-in services needed to make and market your courses, but you also have the option of connecting to third-party applications to provide an additional boost of functions. The platform currently supports the integration of ten natively-built integrations, such as the well-known analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier comes in very handy since it allows you to establish connections with hundreds more third-party apps and tools that range from e-commerce to user experiences.
Training and Support for Customers
In terms of customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over the rest as it’s among the few platforms for creating courses that offer 24/7 live chat support. Contrary to similar services that offer customer support, Kajabi’s team is available to help you whenever you encounter difficulties creating an online course or website, in addition to other crucial issues, anytime and from anywhere. However, it’s important to mention that this 24-hour service is only available to instructors that are on the Growth plan and above – for Basic users live chat is available at specific times and on certain days during the day. However, Kajabi’s method of customer service has been praised by those who utilize it to design relevant courses. Kajabi Growth
In terms of training tools, Kajabi offers the user a range of access to use resources to master and become familiar with. Its Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, classes, and informative content especially geared towards teachers and edupreneurs who want to gain traction or boost their standing in the world of course design. Additionally, you can attend every day Q&A webinars that feature top experts from various fields as guests, plus If you’re in search of other advice and tricks assistance, the help section will be there to help you on your way. Alongside Kajabi’s Hero University, there is also a Kajabi Hero Rewards program in which course creators are rewarded with many sweet perks when they achieve their goals.
What Else is Missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi may be a great all-in-one platform to develop and promote your course content However, we need to look at a few crucial aspects that are not being addressed. Most of them would have been extremely helpful to improve the experience. Here are the following things we would like to see added to Kajabi’s system in the near future:
- Built-in tools for issuance of certificates and credentials. While some offer this feature, instructors who use Kajabi will often require connecting to third-party software that specialize in issuing certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we appreciate the way that the platform handles assessments within courses, we’d like that the absence of question type options as well as randomization of these types and their randomization to be resolved as quickly as possible.
- Additional payment options. At the time of writing only transactions made through Stripe as well as PayPal will be accepted. In addition, we don’t understand why there are limits as well.
- A public API key. This would have been useful for custom integrations, for example, having your students who have subscribed to your service log in with the single sign-in option with other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi might have the most of the features an Edupreneur could dream of. But due to its high price plan and a plethora in features it may make some people turn away. If you’re looking for alternatives that share similarity with Kajabi regarding reliability and performance, we’ve listed some worthy competitors that you may think about in your decision. Kajabi Growth
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in-one services that are similar to Kajabi. The only significant difference is the price – starting at only $67/month, you can create unlimited courses and sell to your audience of choice without ever having to worry about breaking the bank!
- Podia does not just claim to be creator-friendly. It’s also extremely easy to use, far easier than even Kajabi! In addition, you can make use of marketing features Podia is much less heavy than the other. However, when you consider the budget-friendly price it’s easy to imagine the way Podia is a great choice for those who want to start their own business.
- While Kajabi isn’t a reputable platform and lacks advanced quiz features, Thinkific makes up for the shortcomings. With a beginner-friendly price range and a wide range of features, it certainly offers greater features that the other, and this includes live-taught courses as well as a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is similar to Thinkific in terms of how it operates. However, it is important to understand how the former can incorporate additional payment options as it accepts Google Pay and Apple Pay two gateways that Kajabi doesn’t have. You can also avail one-on-one coaching as well as other essential features.
Overall, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park by offering a wide range of features that most edupreneurs can make use of. It sure does offer the essentials anyone must need, from intuitive functions needed to create a professional-looking website , to the impressive built-in marketing suite with the addition of simple plans for sales funnels, as well as effective marketing tools for e-mails.
There may be a few tools missing, such as the issue of certificates in particular. Plus with a steep cost, it might not be the best choice among the budget-conscious. We do recognize that, while Kajabi does great as an all-in one solution for course creation, it will always have limits. That doesn’t stop it, however, from being a favorite among experienced business owners and creators!
If you’re looking to find an LMS that gives you all you require on one platform, Kajabi is something you should strongly consider.
FAQ Kajabi Growth
What is the meaning of Kajabi mean?
The word “Kajabi” originates from a word with Islamic (or Arabic origin, which translates to “to take flight.”
Can I sell physical goods on Kajabi?
Yes! In addition to the normal programs, you can sell physical products through Kajabi. You can even connect with Shopify to set up a fully functioning online store on the platform!
Concerning e-mail marketing, is it possible that Kajabi could be able to replace MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already has e-mail marketing tools built into the platform, it’s natural that it’s sufficient to replace third-party programs like MailChimp. If you do intend to make use of this feature, Kajabi still allows you to integrate it with other applications as well.
Does Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has an app that can be downloaded on mobile so that you and the members who have subscribed have access to all course materials even when traveling. Kajabi Growth