Many learning management system (LMS) platforms offer many important features you can utilize when you write content that is meaningful. Although there are plenty of websites that allow you to utilize advanced marketing tools to advertise classes to your desired audience, some might not offer all of those things. Although some sites provide simple-to-use course-building tools, there will also be few that may offer editing features that are so complex that it turns off its users.
Among a sea of e-course platforms There are some that provide more than a simple editing interface, but also an array of marketing and sales functions. And on top of that they also provide you with nearly everything you could think of, from 24/7 help and training resources to top-notch analytics. All-in-one platforms for courses allow you to discover the world beyond your boundaries, and one of those that provide it is Kajabi.
In a nutshell: What is Kajabi? Kajabi Hosting
Kajabi is an internet-based platform which lets you make and sell your courses to an student audience. Branded as an all-in-one service and platform for edupreneurs, Kajabi offers edupren all aspects of their lives with the most efficient and necessary features that will not just build a professional-looking site for your courses, but also allow them to grow to greater heights. Kajabi is widely praised and regarded as one of the most effective online learning platforms, with an overwhelming positive rating of 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-received by its users? Well, there are quite plenty of reasons that make the platform extremely convenient for all to use. It’s first and foremost the user-friendliness. From course creation all the way to marketing and sales almost all of Kajabi’s features have been designed so that they are digestible for people who are just getting started in the world of e-learning. A majority of them are advanced, giving administrating instructors an advantage over other instructors. Additionally it allows budding entrepreneurs such as you manage and build a course-making business without having to travel to another place if something else isn’t available. Kajabi has all the available equipment that one could need, living up its ‘one stop shop label.
What Does It Let You Do?
There are many kinds of methods that Kajabi can create an all-in-one e-learning solution. We’ve put together a list in bullet points of the key attributes that you ought to be aware of if you’re considering it. Simply put, Kajabi lets you:
- Create interactive and engaging courses using a variety of customizable tools including media files, templates that you can choose in accordance with your personal preferences.
- Create a professional website that can display your course materials and other products and blogs to keep your students up-to-date on what’s new.
- Make the most of the landing page, checkout pages, and other viable ways to improve your earnings, expand your reach over the boundaries and increase conversion rates.
- Choose how you wish to charge your courses and other services for your students, whether it’s one-time payments or a subscription for a month;
- Design and build effective sales funnels without any difficulties by making use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Make use of its internal marketing and analytics software with e-mail marketing, CRM, and automated tools.
- Set up and manage your affiliate links, and
- Explore an array of customer service, community, and training resources and features, including the Kajabi University feature.
Famous Names that have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted by more than 16,000 organizations and famous personalities. It’s the choice of some of the well-known names that are from various sectors, like online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard, fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is the home of thousands upon thousands of courses, that are used and explored by more than 35 million students from all over the world. As of this writing, Kajabi boasts more than $650 million of revenue since it was founded in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing plans that Kajabi provides are very different than other online course creation services in that they’re much more expensive. With monthly prices that start as low as $119, it’s not surprising that this can impede some people who might be interested in giving it a try. But considering the huge amount of important features included into every plan, the price is reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start with the Basic plan, which costs $149 per month, or $119/month when billed annually. This plan lets you get to create three products, garner an maximum of 1 000 active clients, and create websites that you are able to modify using the tools provided by Kajabi’s platform. Included are unlimited landing webpages, unlimitted marketing emails and access to unlimited useful resources, such as one-on-one customer service and Kajabi University.
Apart from The Basic Plan, there’s the Growth plan which is the most sought-after plan on the platform with a monthly cost of $199 or $159/mo when paid annually, and the Pro plan, which costs $399 per month or $319/month yearly, which is filled to the brim with all the features you’d want when you are designing and selling your course. Kajabi is currently not offering a free plan option. There is however a fourteen-day no-cost trial is offered for each of the three plans. A longer trial of as long as 30 days also available on certain blogs, so if you want to try the service and determine if Kajabi is the best choice for you, then the brief free trial is the best way to go.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Love About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s marketing suite in-house of tools, which includes automated e-mail marketing, and automation are specifically designed to be designed for businesses, so it isn’t necessary to integrate with third-party solutions to do that!
- The software for sales funnels. Another one of the platform’s best-selling points, the Pipeline Builder. Pipeline Builder lets you make use of tested and understandable blueprint templates – no need to be overly complicated!
- Customization without limits. From creating professional-looking course websites up to the customized domain, Kajabi lets you customize to your hearts content and even build your brand from scratch.
- The simple and intuitive site along with course editors. Making content with the site and course creator software was never so simple and fast, since it takes less effort and time to finish the job.
- Unlimited integrations are endless. In addition to native integrations that integrate with the ten marketing, e-commerce and analytics services, connection to the app Zapier allows users to investigate and select among more than a thousand non-native platforms for better effectiveness.
- Building worthwhile relationships with fellow instructors and students. Kajabi’s community feature lets you interact with students in your classes. It also lets you make connections, network and celebrate with a multitude of teachers in the same shoes as you.
The Cons – What We Don’t Like
- The steep pricing plans. The three plans offered by Kajabi are more than the average monthly rate offered by other services. There’s no free option available as well.
- There is no built-in tool to issue certificates. It is possible to connect to a third party certificate application if you intend to make custom-designed certificates of different kinds.
- There aren’t enough tools to facilitate student-instructor engagement. We don’t appreciate the lack of specific features, including appropriate discussion forums as well as the ability to randomly distribute quizzes or assignments. Kajabi Hosting
A Review of Kajabi’s Features
User-Friendliness and Experience
One thing that we like one thing we like about Kajabi is the shockingly easy user experience. One of the reasons is that the platform’s User Interface (UI) is well-organized. If you may notice on the dashboard menu, you will notice that all features are divided into five major sections: Website Products, Sales Marketing, and People. The menu’s design is clear and free of confusion, as certain aspects that belong to the specific section can be collapsed. The UI layout is very consistent, reflecting Kajabi’s ‘all-in-one’ trademark. You can create a landing page, modify your course, and even engage with other instructors on one site.
The search assistant is a tool that comes in handy when you need to search for something that is hard to find. The Kajabi Assistant is found at the top of the dashboard in the shape as a “search bar, it allows you to search for tools and items within the site by entering the keywords. As mentioned previously the site builder and course builder sections can be dragged and dropped which makes the process easier without needing to learn how to navigate the site. Kajabi is a more streamlined learning curve compared to some of its competitors. It can also be used in other languages that English in case you want to present your content to wider audiences.
Course Creation and Engagement
Once you explore Kajabi’s course creation function, you may be able to see a collection of templates for courses or products, or, as the platform refers to them, blueprints. Each of the blueprints for products is different in its structure and style and is readily tailored to suit the needs of instructors.
The blueprints listed are Mini Courses as well as Online Courses and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are quick-form courses which are generally designed as a way to build brand recognition, while Online Courses are full-version types with a full content structure created to offer a “world-class” learning experience. Drip courses on the other hand, are programs which are planned over the course of a specified number of weeks or days. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s a much more convenient way to share your content if you as well as your students are occupied working on other projects.
Kajabi may be known by many as a popular premium course maker. But, aside from the courses, the blueprints let you make a membership site where your customers can enjoy exclusive content and a coaching session for 12 weeks. There’s also a blank template where you can create your own course or product completely from the ground up!
Categories, Posts, and Content Uploads
If you continue to explore the course builder you’ll see the outline of the sections and lessons which have been automatically added when you select any of the course blueprints. In the case of Kajabi, these parts and the lessons called post categories as well as category, respectively. Posts are the places where you put in different types of content including text, video and images, whereas the categories serve as folders where the posts are stored.
You can also include subcategories of posts under one category in order to organize your content more flexiblely. You can also drag and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a wide variety of text and media files to include in your posts, including MP4 and MOV files, WAV and MP3 files PDFs as well as Word documents. Upload any of them either from your computer folders or file-sharing cloud platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can duplicate and paste URLs of your video to your posts!
Like a few select platform for making courses, Kajabi allows you to use the feature of bulk uploads. Like the name implies, you can add all your files to your courses in one page. This can be useful, especially if you’re busy performing other tasks.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi offers a lineup of over 10 themes for courses. Unlike other LMS platforms where you’re only offered the choice of only one of three theme options, Kajabi lets you have the option of choosing different themes for various products. Similar to the course outline maker, it’s simple to alter any theme to match your preferences. You can even incorporate details of your brand including logos or images as well as font designs , into your course player in order to give it a your own personal style. Kajabi Hosting
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi includes a quiz function called Assessments that allows you to make quizzes and assignments and add them as part of your course. Assessments are a helpful method of determining if your students learned something from the curriculum you’ve given them. With the assessments feature, you can choose between the three primary question types: multiple-choice, multi-selection, or paragraph-style. You can even create an acceptable score to encourage your students in engaging with your content more.
In addition, in addition, the LMS site has also made strides in creating areas for teachers and students to interact. Through the Community feature your students are able to comment and interact with any of your courses through their dashboards. You can also write your posts to discuss with the rest of them your lessons from the past as well as your future content. The community feature is available as a separate feature or as an element of membership.
Website Design and Customization
Why should you upload your course materials to your web domain as well as WordPress website when Kajabi offers the platform and tools you need to create one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting on all 3 pricing options. What’s great about this is you’re guaranteed instant security and security through an automated SSL certification, as well as an experienced team of experts to maintain your website.
Additionally, you have the freedom to modify your domain and also pick from a range of premium, unique themes that you can customize to your liking! It doesn’t stop there: If you’re an expert in edupreneurship and signed to the Growth plan or higher, you get to download custom-designed themes designed to meet the ever-changing needs of your business as well as remove the Kajabi branding and replace it with your personal brand!
Similar to the course builder we’ve mentioned earlier, Kajabi’s page builder lets you modify any of the themes for websites using a set of intuitive and easy-to-handle editing tools. If you continue to explore you’ll be presented with a variety of customizable blocks and sections. They’re essentially like post categories, and categories that we’ve discussed when we’ve discussed how to build courses. Blocks are the elements that compose the site’s content, such as text, media files, as well as clickable button. Sections, on the other hand are formed by a variety of neatly-arranged blocks.
There are more than 40 pre-designed section templates you can choose from the page builder’s dashboard. Since we’re all connected to our smartphones and small tablets nowadays it’s logical to use Kajabi to make your website automatically adjust to a mobile-friendly layout. You can even go the extra mile and select the elements of your website you want for your member learners to view. With all the tools you need to build your site as you wish it to appear the page builder from Kajabi is not just extremely flexible, but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Useful Website Features
Other LMS platforms might not offer this feature, however Kajabi allows you to make sections of your website specifically for your blog. There, you can post updates and thoughts on your course content. If you’re looking to get the most of your Kajabi-created website, the service provides you the opportunity to publish your content without restriction. Start by creating your blog posts by making your own using an editor for text. It is possible to include SEO elements if you wish to have a wider reach or group your posts into various categories, and even customize how you would like your blog’s entire section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging tools may not be as on par as WordPress or Blogspot, but it has enough tools to allow it to be managed. In addition, you can create podcasts to promote on your website. You may upload recordings of your podcasts to be hosted on your website and distributed to major podcasting platforms like Apple Podcasts and Spotify. When you upload an episode of your podcast you can choose between two options: release it as a podcast that is public for free , or create an exclusive private podcast that only your users are able to access. Kajabi Hosting
Marketing and Sales
A big part of what makes Kajabi so popular with edupreneurs is its array of sales and marketing tools that are supremely user-friendly and easy for even those who aren’t marketing experts to use!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A major draw for the masses, Kajabi’s built-in E-mail marketing functions allow you to send emails related to your course and websites to your members who are subscribed students while seated on the platform. You might be surprised by the fact that it goes beyond sending e-mails. With the help with Kajabi Automations, you get to create automated sequences of e-mails triggered by various user actions. For instance, if your student logs in successfully to one of your classes after checking out, a welcome message will be automatically sent to their inbox. If another course is not performing the course, an upsell will be sent to suggest improvement Kajabi Hosting
You can create as many e-mails for the campaign you want and schedule each of them in accordance to your preference. You can even select which members of your group are eligible to receive those messages. Managing e-mails has never been this extensive and yet simple to manage. Unlike other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with marketing tools for e-mails. You wouldn’t have to worry about the integration with third-party platforms in order to make it work.
Apart from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing feature that lets you assign certain members of yours as affiliates to help promote your content on behalf of you. Alongside paying them the commission rate, you may also track their performance to gauge how they can contribute to increasing your conversion and click rates. Kajabi Hosting
Another one of Kajabi’s overall standouts is the Pipeline Builder, where you get to create specialized marketing funnels without a lot of issues. While other platforms offer similar features, which require more time and effort, Pipeline Builder is a breeze to use. Pipeline Builder is designed to be so quick and easy that even the uninitiated can make better use of it. This stunning feature allows you to choose from a collection of pre-made funnel blueprints or templates for pipelines. These include the following:
- Freebie – for whenever you’d like to provide the freebie to lead magnet to increase your database.
- Sales Page OVO is a great option when you need to convince your intended customers to purchase your product via an online sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use any time you’re launching a course or any other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO is a great option for occasions when you need to advertise your business through web-based workshops
- Free Book OVO – to use anytime you’d like to showcase your content the free digital book that you can download
- Coaching Campaign OVO – for any time you’re promoting your classes through the use of coaching sessions
- Blank plan – to use whenever you’re looking to create the sales funnel you want from starting
When you choose from one of the blueprints for your pipeline Kajabi instantly creates a set of pages and e-mails that you’ll have to put together to make an efficient sales funnel. You can alter the way you would like your sales funnel to appear to your audience. You can even alter the design of your landing and checkout pages, for instance, to a different one There is a library filled with 40+ templates for landing pages that you can choose from.
Prices and Payment Methods
Kajabi allows you to integrate seamlessly with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal so that your member students can get to choose between them when they pay for your course. Stripe is the most popular payment option that allows credit and debit card transactions and select e-wallet providers all over the world. PayPal however, on the contrary hand, is available as an alternative for subscribers and multi-payment plans. There aren’t any fees for transactions on the part of Kajabi, as all your earnings will be immediately transferred into your account at the banks.
When it comes to price options for Kajabi, it provides an array of options for you of options to select from. You can make your student pay for services at different times (one-time or subscription and multi-payments) or hand them out to them for free. You even have the chance to select if you’re going to charge a specified price for a single product or multiple items, and establish specific dates for your customers can access within a specific period of time. You also get to generate coupons to further motivate your audience to purchase all of your products. Kajabi Hosting
Integration with Third-Party Services
Kajabi has a variety of built-in features to help you develop and promote your courses however, you also have the option to connect to other third-party applications for an additional boost of functions. The platform is currently able to support ten native integrations, including the well-known analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier comes in very handy as it helps establish connections with hundreds of other third-party applications and tools, ranging that range from e-commerce to user experiences.
Customer Support and Training Resources
When it comes to customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over its competitors because it’s one of the few course creation platforms which provide 24/7 live chat support. Contrary to similar services the Kajabi customer support team is available to assist you if you’re struggling to create an online course or website, in addition to other important issues, anytime and wherever. However, it’s important to note that this 24/7 service is only available to instructors who subscribe to the Growth plan and above – for basic users Live chat is available at certain times and times on weekdays. However, Kajabi’s method of customer support has been highly praised by those who utilize it to develop meaningful educational content. Kajabi Hosting
As for training tools, Kajabi offers the user a range of access to resources that you can learn and get used to. The Kajabi Hero University is packed with courses, tutorials and educational content specifically geared towards teachers and edupreneurs, to help them gain traction or boost their position in the course creation world. You’re also invited to every day Q&A webinars that feature top experts from various fields as guests, plus, if you’re looking for additional tips and tricks, the help center is available to help you on your way. Alongside the platform’s Hero University, there is also a Kajabi Hero Rewards program in which course creators can earn tons of sweet perks as they achieve their goals.
What else is missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi may be a great all-in-one tool to design and promote your course content However, we need to address a few vital things that are missing. A majority of them could have been extremely helpful in improving the experience. Here are the following things that we wish would be added to Kajabi’s system in the near future:
- Built-in tools for issuance of certificates and certificates. While some provide this service, instructors who use Kajabi frequently will need to connect to third-party apps which specialize in issuance of certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we appreciate the platform’s handling of assessments within courses, we wish for the lack of question type options and the randomization of those types and their randomization to be resolved as quickly as possible.
- Additional payment options. As of the moment only transactions made through Stripe or PayPal are accepted. In addition, we don’t understand why there are limits too.
- An API key that is public. This could have been helpful for creating custom integrations such as letting your subscribed students log in with the single sign-in option with other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi might have the most of the features an edupreneur could ever dream of. However, due to the high cost plan and a certain lack in features it may make some people turn away. If you’re looking for alternatives with commonalities with Kajabi in terms of reliability and performance, we’ve listed some worthy competitors you might think about in making your choice. Kajabi Hosting
- New Zenler is an online course platform that offers all-in-one services that are similar to Kajabi. The only difference is the cost – starting at only $67/month You can design unlimited courses and sell to your audience of choice without having to worry about spending a dime!
- Podia does not just claim to be creator-friendly. It’s also extremely simple to use, far easier than Kajabi! In addition, you can utilize marketing tools, it’s much lighter than the other. With the extremely affordable price range we can understand how Podia is a great choice for those who want to start their own business.
- While Kajabi isn’t a reputable platform and lacks more advanced features for quizzes, Thinkific makes up for them. With a price that is affordable for beginners, it sure does offer higher-end features than the other, and this includes live lessons and an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in the way it operates. However, we must appreciate how Teachable is able to incorporate additional payment options as it accepts Google Pay and Apple Pay, two gateway services Kajabi is not able to offer. Additionally, it allows one-on-one training and other key features.
All in all, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park for offering a wide range of features that most edupreneurs can use. It sure does offer the essentials anyone must need including the intuitive features needed to design a professional website , to the impressive built-in marketing suite with the addition of simple plans for sales funnels, as well as effective e-mail marketing tools.
There may be a few tools that are missing for example, the issue of certificates, in particular. With a high cost, it may not be the best choice for the budget-conscious. But we do understand that while Kajabi is very well as an all-in-one solution for creating courses, it will always have limits. However, that doesn’t stop it however, from becoming a favorite among experienced business owners and creators!
If you’re still looking to find an LMS that offers everything you require in one place, Kajabi is something you ought to seriously think about.
FAQ Kajabi Hosting
What does the word Kajabi refer to?
The term “Kajabi” originates from a word with Islamic (or Arabic origin which means “to fly.”
Do I have the ability to sell physical items on Kajabi?
Yes! In addition to the normal programs, you can sell physical items on Kajabi. You can even connect with Shopify to build a fully functional e-commerce shop on the platform!
Regarding marketing via e-mail, is it possible that Kajabi can be able to replace MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already includes the tools for marketing via email built within the platform, it’s natural that it’s enough to replace third-party applications like MailChimp. However, if you wish to utilize this feature, Kajabi still allows you to integrate with it and other applications as well.
Does Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even offers an app for mobile devices to ensure that you and the members who have subscribed can access all your courses even while in the move. Kajabi Hosting