Hundreds of learning management system (LMS) platforms offer many important features you can utilize when creating content of high quality. While there may be plenty of sites that let you utilize advanced marketing tools to market the courses you offer to your intended audience, some might not provide all the features. While some provide easy-to-use tools to build courses, there’ll also be few that may have an editing experience so complex that it turns its users off.
Within the sea of online course platforms, there are a few which offer more than just a simple editing interface, but also an array of marketing and sales functions. And on top of that, they also provide you with nearly all you can think of including 24/7 support and training materials to top-quality analytics. All-in-one platforms for courses allow you to discover the world beyond your boundaries, and one of those that provide it is Kajabi.
At a Glance: How do you define Kajabi? Define Kajabi
Kajabi can be described as an online service that allows you to make and sell your course content to your student audience. Branded as an all-in-one service and platform for edupreneurs, Kajabi offers edupren all aspects of their lives with the most efficient and necessary features that will not only create a professional website for your courses but also allow them to grow to greater heights. Kajabi is widely praised and regarded as one of the top online learning platforms, with an overwhelming rating from 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so popular and well-received among its users? It’s true that there are many factors that make this platform extremely convenient for all to utilize. Firstly, it’s the extreme ease of use. From the course creation to the marketing services the majority of Kajabi’s aspects can be easily digestible for people who are new in the e-course world. Most of them are also advanced, which gives instructors who administer the course an edge over other instructors. Lastly it allows budding entrepreneurs like you to run and create an online course without having to go to another place if something else isn’t available. Kajabi offers all the equipment that one could need in order to live up the ‘one-stop-shop’ moniker.
What Does It Let You Do?
There are many kinds of methods that Kajabi can use as an all-in-one online course solution. We’ve put together a list in bullets of the most important features that you may want to keep an eye on if you’re considering the option. In essence, Kajabi allows you:
- Create engaging and interactive courses using a variety of tools for customizing, media files, and templates that you can choose in accordance with your personal preferences.
- Build a presentable website to display your course materials and products, as well as blogs to keep your students updated on what else is new;
- Efficiently make use of websites, landing pages and checkout sites, and other viable methods to increase your profits, further your reach beyond the limits, and generate higher conversion rates.
- Choose how you wish to bill your courses and other services to your students – whether it’s a one-time payment or a monthly subscription
- Create effective sales funnels with no any difficulties by making use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Make use of its internal marketing and analytics suite that includes email marketing, CRM, and automated tools.
- Manage and create your affiliate links, and
- Explore an array of community, customer service and training materials, with the addition of Kajabi University.
Big Names That Have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted and used by more than 16,000 organizations and famous personalities. It’s the choice of several well-known personalities who are part of different sectors, including online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard, fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is the home of thousands of courses accessed and explored by over 35 million students from all over the world. As of this time of writing Kajabi is generating more than $650million in revenue since its establishment in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing plans Kajabi provides are different from other online course-making services in that they’re more expensive. With monthly prices that start at as low as $119 it’s no wonder why this can impede some people who be interested in giving Kajabi a go. With the abundance of important features included in each plan, pricing is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start by offering the Basic plan priced at $149 per month, or $119/month if billed annually. This plan lets you are able to design three products, gain a maximum of 1000 active users, as well as design websites that you are able to create with the tools offered by the platform. Also included are unlimited landing pages, unlimited marketing emails, and unlimited access to helpful resources, including one-on-one customer support as well as Kajabi University.
In addition to basic plans, there’s the Growth plan, which happens to be the most sought-after plan on the platform with a monthly cost of $199 or $159/mo when paid annually, and the Pro plan at $399 monthly or $319/mo yearly that is loaded to the brim with all the features you’d like when it comes to designing and selling your course. Kajabi is currently not offering any free plans. There is however a fourteen-day no-cost trial is available for each of the three plans. A longer trial of up to 30 days is also offered on select blogs. So if you want to try the service and determine if Kajabi is the right fit for you, then the brief trial offer is the best option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros and Cons – What We Really Like About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s in-house marketing suite of tools, which includes automated e-mail marketing, and automation are specifically designed to be designed for businesses, so it isn’t necessary to integrate with third-party solutions for that!
- The sales funnel software. Another of the most popular features on the platform is the sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of proven and easily understandable blueprint templates – no need to be overly complicated!
- Customization without limits. From designing professional-looking course websites all the way to the custom domain, Kajabi lets you customize to your hearts content and even create your own brand from scratch.
- The simple and intuitive site and course editors. The creation of content using the site and the course creator software was never this easy and swift, and it takes less effort and time to complete the task.
- Infinite integrations are endless. Aside from native integrations with 10 e-commerce, marketing and analytics services, connection to Zapier’s app lets users to investigate and select from more than one thousand non-native platforms for better efficiency.
- Making lasting connections with fellow instructors and students. Kajabi’s Community feature allows you to engage with the students enrolled in any of your courses. You can also make connections, network and share your joy with hundreds of teachers in the same position as you.
The Cons – What We Do Not Like
- The steep pricing plans. Kajabi’s three pricing plans are higher than the typical monthly prices provided by other companies. There’s no free option available neither.
- There are no built-in tools for issuance of certificates. You may need to connect to a third-party certificate software if you want to design custom-made certificates that are of different types.
- There aren’t enough tools to facilitate student-instructor engagement. We aren’t happy with the absence of specific tools, such as adequate discussion forums, as well as the ability to randomize quizzes or assignments. Define Kajabi
An Overview of the Kajabi Features
User-Friendliness and Experience
One thing we love one thing we like about Kajabi is the shockingly easy user experience. For one, most of the user interface (UI) is structured. If you check the screen menu, you’ll see that the functions are organized into five main sections – Website Products, Sales, Marketing and People. The menu’s design is clear and free of clutter, as some elements that are associated with a specified section are collapsible. The UI design is very consistent that reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-1” trademark. You can create your own landing page, alter your course, and interact with your fellow instructors on the same site.
There is a search assistant tool that can be useful when you need to search for something difficult to find. The Kajabi Assistant is found at the top of the dashboard, in the form of a search bar, and it lets you look for tools and items within the site by typing in the search terms. As mentioned previously that both the Kajabi site builder and course builder sections are drag-and-drop and make the process much easier without the need to know how to navigate it. Kajabi is a more streamlined learning curve compared to some of its competitors. It also supports multiple languages other that English in case you want to share your content with broader viewers.
Course Creation and Engagement
When you go through Kajabi’s course creation function, you may quickly come across a variety of course or product templates, or, as the platform refers to them blueprints. Each of the product blueprints varies in structure and type and can be easily modified to fit any instructor’s needs.
In the blueprints that are listed are Mini Courses, Online Courses, and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are quick-form courses, which are typically designed as a means of gaining the brand’s value, whereas online Courses are full-version types with a complete content structure designed for an “world-class” education experience. Drip courses on the other hand, are programs that are scheduled over an established period of weeks or days. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s an efficient method of sharing your content if you and your students are busy with other things.
Kajabi might be regarded by many as a well-known premium course-maker. Apart from course types, the product blueprints let you make a membership site where your customers can enjoy exclusive content as well as a coaching session lasting 12 weeks. The template is also blank where you can create an entire course or product completely from scratch!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
As you further explore the course builder, you’ll notice an outline of sections and lessons that have been automatically added if you choose any of the course blueprints. In the case of Kajabi, these sections and lessons are referred to as post categories as well as category, and vice versa. The posts are where you put in different kinds of content, like text, videos, and images, while the categories function as folders for the posts that are kept.
You can also include subcategories for posts in one category in order to structure your content flexibly. You may also alter the outline by dragging it around. Kajabi accepts a wide variety of media and text files to be added to your posts. These include MP4 and MOV files, MP3 and WAV files, PDFs, and even Word documents. You can upload all of them directly through your computer’s folders or file-sharing cloud platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can also add existing URLs for your videos into your blog posts!
Like a few select platforms for creating courses, Kajabi allows you to utilize the bulk upload feature. As the name suggests, you can add all your files to your courses in one tab. This is a great option particularly if you’re performing other tasks.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi has a variety of over 10 themes for courses. Contrary to other LMS platforms where you’re only given the option to choose one or three themes, Kajabi lets you have the option of choosing various themes for the different products. Like the outline maker, it’s easy to customize any theme to fit your style. You can also incorporate elements that represent your brand, such as the logo images, fonts, and designs into the course player to add a a personal touch. Define Kajabi
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi includes a quiz function called Assessments where you get to design and create assignments and quizzes and include them as part of your curriculum. Assessments can be a great method of determining if your students learned something from the course you’ve taught them. With the assessment feature, you can choose between the three primary types of questions: multiple-choice multi-selection, or paragraph-style. You can also set an acceptable score to encourage your students in engaging with your content.
Aside from that, it is also important to note that the LMS website has been able to make strides in providing spaces for students and teachers to connect. Through the Community feature, your students are able to participate and leave comments on any of your courses through their dashboards. You can also write your blog posts to discuss with other students your lessons from the past and also your future content. The community feature is available either as a stand-alone item or as a an element of membership.
Website Design and Customization
Why should you upload your course materials with your domain name as well as WordPress site when Kajabi provides the platform and tools to build one on the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting for three plans of pricing. What’s awesome about it is you’re guaranteed immediate safety and security with the automatic SSL certification and the support of a team to manage your website.
Additionally, you have the freedom to modify your domain and also pick from a variety of professional, one-of-a-kind themes, all of which you can personalize to your hearts content! The possibilities don’t end there: If you’re an expert in edupreneurship and are a member of the Growth plan or higher you can use custom-designed themes that are built to meet the ever-changing needs of your business and also take away any Kajabi branding and replace it with your personal brand!
Similar to the course builders we’ve talked about earlier, the page builder from Kajabi lets you modify any of the website themes with a suite of easy-to-use and user-friendly editing tools. After further exploration, you will be greeted with a variety of customizable blocks and sections. They’re basically like those categories as well as posts we discussed when we discussed our course building tool. Blocks are the elements that make up the site’s content including text, media files, as well as clickable button. Sections are, however, are formed by multiple carefully-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 pre-designed sections templates that can be picked from the page builder’s dashboard. We’re all hooked to our smartphones and tablets nowadays it is logical to use Kajabi to let your site automatically adjust to a mobile-friendly layout. You can go an extra mile by picking the element of your site you would like members to see. With all the tools you need to make your site look however you want it to look, Kajabi’s page builder is not only super flexible but also easy to manage.
Blogging and Other Web-based Features
Other LMS platforms may not have this, but Kajabi allows you to create a section of your website dedicated to your blog where you can post comments and updates about your course’s content. If you’re looking to get the most of your Kajabi-created website, the service provides you a space where you can publish your content without restriction. Start by creating posting blog content by making one using an editor for text. You may incorporate SEO elements if you wish to reach a larger audience and organize your blog posts into various categories and even customize how you want your entire blog section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging capabilities may not be as up to with WordPress or Blogspot however, it does have enough tools to be manageable. In addition, you can create podcasts to promote on your site. You can upload audio recordings of your podcast to be hosted on the site and then distributed to major podcasting platforms like Apple Podcasts and Spotify. If you upload a podcast episode you can choose between two options: either release it as a podcast that is public for free , or create an exclusive private podcast that only your members can get access to. Define Kajabi
Marketing and Sales
Part of what makes Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is its array of marketing and sales tools that are highly easy and straightforward even for those who aren’t marketing experts to use!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A big draw among the masses, Kajabi’s built-in e-mail marketing function allows you to send emails about your course and website to your subscribed member students within the comforts of the platform. However, you might be amazed that it can do more than just send e-mails. With the help from Kajabi Automations, you get to build automated sequences of e-mails triggered by various user actions. For instance, if your student successfully logs into one of your courses after checking out, a welcome message will be sent automatically into their email inbox. If another course is not performing then an upsell message is sent to suggest improvement Define Kajabi
You are able to create as many e-mails for your campaigns as you like and schedule each one in accordance with your preferences. You can choose which of your members gets to receive those messages. The management of e-mails has never been more comprehensive yet easy to handle. Contrary to other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with tools for marketing e-mails that you don’t require the integration with third-party platforms in order to make it work.
Apart from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing function which allows you to designate certain members of yours as affiliates in order to in promoting your site on behalf of your company. Alongside paying them a commission and monitoring their performance to see how well they contribute to increasing your conversion rates and click rates. Define Kajabi
Another of Kajabi’s notable features are its Pipeline Builder, where you can create custom marketing funnels with no overcomplicating issues. While other platforms provide similar features that require much more time and effort however, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be so quick and easy that even beginners can make better use of it. This amazing feature allows you to choose from a collection of pre-made funnel designs or pipeline blueprints. They include:
- Freebies are great for when you’d like to offer a freebie as a lead magnet to grow your email list
- Sales Page OVO – for any time you wish to convince your intended audience to buy your product by utilizing an online sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use when you’re launching courses or any other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO is a great option for whenever you want to promote your business through web-based training seminars
- Free Book OVO is a great resource for anytime you’d like to promote your content with a free downloadable digital book
- Coaching Campaign OVO – to use when you’re trying to promote your classes through the use of coaching sessions
- Blank design – for when you’re looking to create an effective sales funnel right from beginning
When you choose from one of the blueprints for your pipeline Kajabi will automatically generate a set of pages and e-mails that you’ll have to put together to make an efficient sales funnel. You can alter the way you wish your funnel to appear to your audience. You may even change the design of your checkout and landing pages, for instance you can change the theme to something different – there is a library filled with 40+ pages templates you can choose from.
Payment and Pricing Options
Kajabi lets you seamlessly integrate with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal to ensure that your students can choose between them when they pay for your classes. Stripe is the common payment option that allows debit and credit card transactions and various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal, on the other on the other hand, is an alternative for subscribers as well as multi-payment plans. There aren’t any urgent transaction fees on Kajabi’s part since all the money you earn will be immediately transferred directly to the bank accounts of your choice.
For pricing options, Kajabi offers an array of options for you to choose from. You can either charge your students for your services at different time frames (one-time subscription, one-time, or several payments) or give them away for free. You even have the chance to decide if you want to charge a specific amount for a specific product or multiple items, and establish specific dates for your students can access your products within a given time frame. You also get to generate coupons to further motivate your audience to purchase any of your offers. Define Kajabi
Integrations with Third-Party Services
Kajabi may have a plethora of built-in features to help you develop and promote your courses However, you have the option to connect to third-party apps for more functions. The platform currently supports ten native integrations, including the well-known analytics service Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier can be extremely helpful as it helps establish connections to hundreds of third-party apps and tools that range from e-commerce to user experiences.
Customer Support and Training Resources
In terms of customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over other platforms because it is one of the few course creation platforms which provide 24/7 live chat support. Unlike some similar services that offer customer support, Kajabi’s team is available to assist you when you’re struggling to create a course or page among other crucial issues, anytime and wherever. However, it’s important to note that this 24/7 feature is available for instructors who are subscribed to the Growth plan up to for basic users Live chat is available at certain times and times on weekdays. However, Kajabi’s method of customer service has been praised by those who utilize it to develop relevant educational content. Define Kajabi
For tools to train, Kajabi provides the user a range of access to resources that you can master and then become proficient with. Kajabi Hero University Kajabi Hero University is packed with courses, tutorials and educational content specifically targeted at educators and edupreneurs who want to get started or increase their position in the world of course design. You’re also invited to daily Q+A educational webinars with prominent experts from various fields as guests, plus when you’re looking for other advice and tricks assistance, the help section will be there to help you along the way. Apart from Kajabi’s Hero University, there is Kajabi’s Hero Rewards program where course creators are rewarded with numerous sweet rewards when they achieve their objectives.
What Else is Missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi might be a fantastic all-in-one solution to create and sell your course material, but we have to take care of a few essential things that are missing. A majority of them could be extremely useful to improve the experience. Below are the items we would like to see added to Kajabi’s system in the near future:
- Built-in tools that issue certificates and other credentials. While some offer this feature instructors who utilize Kajabi frequently will require a connection to third-party apps that are specialized in the issue of certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we may appreciate the system’s handling of assessment within the course, we would like for the lack of question type options – plus randomization of said types that is addressed as soon as possible.
- Additional payment options. At the time of writing there are only two options for transactions: Stripe as well as PayPal will be accepted. Not only that, but we don’t understand why there are limitations also.
- An API key that is public. This would have been useful for creating custom integrations such as letting your subscribed students login using a single sign-in feature with other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi might have the most of the features any aspiring Edupreneur would ever want to have. But with the steep price plan and a certain lack in terms of functionality, the site may turn some people off. If you’re looking for alternatives with commonalities in comparison to Kajabi in terms of performance and reliability We’ve provided a list of worthy competitors that you may be considering when making your choice. Define Kajabi
- New Zenler is an online course platform that offers all-in-one services similar to Kajabi. The only significant distinction is in the cost beginning at just $67 per month You can design unlimited courses and advertise to your target audience without having to worry about breaking the bank!
- Podia does not just claim to be a creator-friendly platform. It’s also very easy to use, much easier than even Kajabi! Although you can make use of marketing features, it’s much lighter than other. With the extremely affordable cost, we can see how Podia will appeal to DIY entrepreneurs getting into the business.
- While Kajabi isn’t a reputable platform and lacks advanced quiz features, Thinkific makes up for the shortcomings. With its affordable price and a wide range of features, it certainly offers greater features that the other which includes live lessons and a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is like Thinkific in the manner it functions. However, we must appreciate the way that Teachable can integrate additional payment options since it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay which are two gateways Kajabi does not have. It also lets you utilize one-on-one coaching and other core features.
All in all, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park by providing nearly all of the features that most edupreneurs can make use of. It does provide the basic features that everyone needs including the intuitive features needed to build a professional-looking web pages to the fantastic built-in marketing suite with the ability to understand sales funnel blueprints and efficient marketing tools for e-mails.
There could be some instruments that aren’t there like the issuance of certificates, in particular. With a high cost, it might not be the best choice among the budget-conscious. We do recognize that while Kajabi is great as an all-in one solution for course creation however, it’ll always have limits. However, that doesn’t stop it however, from being a popular choice among established creators and businesses!
If you’re looking to find an LMS that offers everything you require on one platform, Kajabi is something you should strongly think about.
FAQ Define Kajabi
What is the meaning of Kajabi refer to?
The term “Kajabi” is derived from a word with Islamic (or Arabic origin that means “to fly.”
Do I have the ability to sell physical items on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard courses, you can also sell physical products through Kajabi. You can even join with Shopify to create a fully-functioning E-commerce store using Kajabi!
Concerning e-mail marketing Is it possible that Kajabi could be able to take over MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already comes with the tools for marketing via email built into the platform, it’s logical that it’s enough to replace third-party programs such as MailChimp. However, if you do want to use this feature, Kajabi still allows you to connect it with other apps as well.
Are you sure that Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi also has an app for mobile devices so that you and your subscribers have access to all course content even when you’re traveling. Define Kajabi