Many learning management system (LMS) platforms have various important features can be utilized when you write content that is meaningful. While there could be a lot of sites that let you make use of modern marketing tools to promote your courses to your target audience, some might not provide all those things. Although some sites provide simple-to-use course-building tools, there will also be few that may offer editing features that are so complex that it turns off its users.
Within the sea of online course platforms There are some which offer more than just an easy editing interface, but also an array of sales and marketing functions. Additionally they provide you with nearly all you can think of including 24/7 support and training materials to top-quality analytics. All-in-one courses let you go beyond the limits of your abilities and one of the platforms which can provide this is Kajabi.
At a Glance Kajabi: What exactly is Kajabi? Kajabi Icon
Kajabi can be described as an online service that lets you create and sell your courses to an audience of students. Branded as an all-in-one service and platform for edupreneurs, Kajabi offers edupren all aspects of their lives with the most efficient and essential features needed to not just build a professional-looking website for your courses but let them grow to greater heights. Kajabi has been praised by the media and regarded as one of the top online courses platforms, earning an overwhelming rating of 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so well-liked and appreciated by its users? There are plenty of aspects that make this platform very convenient for everyone to use. First, it’s the simplicity of usage. From course creation to the marketing services almost all of Kajabi’s aspects can be accessible to those who are just getting started in the e-course world. A majority of them are advanced, giving administrating instructors an advantage over others. Lastly this allows students like you to run and create a course-making business without having to travel to another place if something else is not available. Kajabi has all the available tools anyone may need, living up the ‘one-stop-shop label.
What does it let you do? Do?
There are many kinds of options that Kajabi allows you to use as an all-in-one online course solution. We’ve compiled a list, in bullets of the most important attributes that you ought to keep an eye on when you’re thinking about the option. Simply put, Kajabi lets you:
- Create engaging and interactive courses using a variety of customizable tools such as media files, templates that you can pick according to your preference;
- Create a visually appealing website to house your course contents and other products and blogs to keep your students up-to-date on the latest developments;
- Effectively utilize the landing page, checkout pages and other effective methods to boost your profits, further your reach to the limit and boost conversion rates.
- Select the method you want to charge your courses and other services for your students, whether it’s one-time payments or a monthly subscription
- Design and build effective sales funnels without any problems through the use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Utilize its in-house marketing and analytics suite with email marketing as well as CRM and automation tools;
- Create and manage your affiliate links, and
- Explore a wide variety of customer service, community and training materials and features, including Kajabi University.
Famous Names that have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted and used by more than 16,000 companies and big-name personalities. It’s the go-to choice for some of the well-known names that are from various sectors, including online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard, fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is the home of thousands upon thousands of courses, accessed and explored by over 35 million students all over the world. As of this writing, Kajabi is generating more than $650million in sales since its inception in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing options that Kajabi provides are different from other online course-making services in that they’re much more expensive. With monthly rates that start at just $119, it’s no wonder that it can be a hindrance for some who would like to give it a try. However, when you consider the number of important features included into each plan, pricing is reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start by offering the Basic plan, which costs $149 per month or $119/month if billed annually. This plan lets you get to create three products, reach up to 1,000 active customers, and design a website that you can create with the tools offered by Kajabi’s platform. Included are unlimited landing websites, indefinite marketing emails, and unlimited access to useful resources, such as one-on-one customer support and Kajabi University.
Apart from basic plans, there is the Growth plan that happens to be the most sought-after plan on the platform at $199 a month or $159/month if you pay annually, and the Pro plan, which costs $399 per month or $319/mo yearly that is loaded with all the features you’d like when making and selling your courses. Kajabi is currently not offering a free plan option. There is however a fourteen-day trial is available. trial is available on all three plans. A longer trial of as long as 30 days offered on select blogs. If you wish to test the waters and determine if Kajabi is the best choice for you, then the brief trial offer is the best option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Like About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s own marketing suite of tools, including automated e-mail marketing, and automation are designed to be optimized for business, and you won’t need to integrate with any other third-party service to do that!
- The sales funnel software. Another one of the platforms most-loved selling points The sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of proven and easily accessible blueprint templates. No need to overcomplicate yourself!
- The ability to customize without limitations. From creating professional-looking course websites down to the custom website, Kajabi lets you customize to your heart’s content – and even build your brand from the ground up.
- The simple and intuitive site as well as course editor. Making content using the website and course builder software has never been so simple and fast, since it requires less effort and time to complete the task.
- Unlimited integrations are endless. Aside from native integrations to the ten marketing, e-commerce and analytics tools, connecting to Zapier’s app allows users to investigate and select among more than a thousand non-native platforms for better efficiency.
- Building worthwhile relationships with students and fellow instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature allows you to engage with the students who are enrolled in any of your courses. It also lets you make connections, network and share your joy with hundreds of teachers who happen to be similar to you.
The Cons – What We Don’t Like
- The pricey pricing plans. Three pricing options offered by Kajabi cost more than the typical monthly prices provided by other companies. There’s not a free option neither.
- There are no built-in tools for issuance of certificates. You might need to connect to a third-party certificate app if you plan to design custom-made certificates of different kinds.
- Insufficient tools for instructor-student engagement. We aren’t happy with the absence of some particular tools, such as appropriate discussion forums as well as the ability to randomly assign tests or assignments. Kajabi Icon
An Overview of the Kajabi Features
Easy of Use and Experience
One thing we like the most about Kajabi is the shockingly easy user experience. For one, most of the platform’s users interface (UI) is well-organized. If you may notice on the dashboard menu, you may notice that all features are organized into five main sections – Website, Products, Sales, Marketing and People. The menu’s design is clear and free of clutter, as some features that are related to specific sections are able to be collapsed. The UI design is very consistent and reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-one” brand name. You get to create a landing page, modify your course and communicate with your instructors on the same site.
There is a search assistant tool that is useful when you need to search for something difficult to find. The Kajabi Assistant is located at the top of the dashboard, in the form as a “search bar, it allows you to search for tools and items within the site by entering the search terms. As mentioned previously that both the Kajabi site builder and course builder sections can be dragged and dropped and make the process much easier without the need to know how to navigate the site. Kajabi is a more streamlined learning curve compared to several of its peers. It is also compatible with other languages than English for those who want to present your content to wider audience.
Course Design and Engagement
When you go through Kajabi’s course creation function, you may be able to see a collection of templates for courses or products, or, as the platform calls it, blueprints. Each of the product blueprints differs in terms of structure and design and is readily tailored to suit the needs of instructors.
In the blueprints that are listed are Mini Courses as well as Online Courses as well as Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form quick courses that are usually created as a way to build brand value, while online Courses are full-version types with a full content structure designed for a “world-class” education experience. Drip courses on the other hand, are courses that are scheduled for an established period of weeks or days. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s a much more convenient way to share your content when you as well as your students are occupied working on other projects.
Kajabi might be regarded by many as a well-known premium course maker. But, aside from the course types, the product blueprints let you create a membership area for your members to enjoy exclusive content and a coaching session lasting 12 weeks. You can also download a blank template that allows you to create an entire course or product completely from scratch!
Categories Posts, Categories, as well as Content Uploads
If you continue to explore the course builder you’ll notice an outline of sections and lessons that have been automatically added if you choose any of the course blueprints. In Kajabi’s case, those segments and classes are known as categories and posts, or. Posts are where you can insert different types of content such as text, video and images, whereas the categories act as folders where the posts are kept.
You can also include subcategories of posts within a category if you want to arrange your content in a flexible way. You can also drag and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a variety of text and media files to be added to your posts, including MOV and MP4 files, MP3 and WAV files, PDFs and Word documents. Upload any of them either via your computer’s folders, or via cloud-based file sharing platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can even duplicate and paste URLs of your video to your posts!
Like a few select platforms for creating courses, Kajabi allows you to make use of the bulk upload feature. Like the name implies it allows you to upload all your files to your course in the same tab. This can be useful, especially if you’re busy performing other tasks.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi offers a lineup of 10+ course player themes. In contrast to other LMS platforms, where you’re offered the choice of the theme you want to use, Kajabi lets you have the freedom to choose several themes to suit various products. Similar to the course outline builder, it’s relatively easy to customize any of the themes to match your preferences. You can even incorporate details of your brand including logos or images as well as font designs , into the course player to add a an individual touch. Kajabi Icon
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi has a quiz feature called Assessments where you get to create quizzes and assignments and include them as part of your course. Assessments are an effective way to assess if your students learned something from the course you’ve taught them. With the assessment option, you are able to choose between the three primary types of questions: multiple-choice multi-selection, or paragraph-style. You can also set an acceptable score to encourage your students in engaging with your material more.
Aside from that, it is also important to note that the LMS website has made strides in creating spaces for students and teachers to communicate. Through the Community feature your students are able to participate and leave comments on all of your courses on their dashboards. You can also write your blog posts for discussion with the rest of them your previous lessons and also your future content. The community feature is available either as a standalone feature or as part of your membership.
Website Design and Customizability
Why should you upload your course materials to your web domain or WordPress site when Kajabi provides the platform and the tools to make one within the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting for three plans of pricing. What’s awesome about it is you’re guaranteed immediate security and safety with an automated SSL certification as well as an experienced team of experts to maintain your website.
You also have the option to customize your domain, and also pick from a wide array of professional, one-of-a-kind themes, all of which you can modify to your hearts content! This doesn’t stop there. If you’re an expert in edupreneurship and are a member of the Growth plan and higher you are able to import custom-made themes built to meet the ever-changing needs of your business as well as remove the Kajabi logos and substitute it with your own!
Like the course builder we’ve mentioned previously, Kajabi’s page builders allows you to alter any of the themes for websites using a set of easy-to-use and user-friendly editing tools. After further exploration, you will be greeted with sets of blocks that can be customized and sections. They’re similar to those categories as well as posts we discussed when we’ve discussed the course builder. Blocks are referred to as the components that comprise the content of the website, such as text, media files, or clickable icons. Sections on the other hand are formed by a variety of carefully-arranged blocks.
There are more than 40 pre-designed section templates you can choose from the page builder’s dashboard. We’re all hooked to our smartphones and small tablets these days it is logical for Kajabi to have your website automatically adjust to a mobile layout. You can even go the extra mile by picking the element of your site you would like members to view. With all the tools you need to make your site look how you would like it to look the page builder from Kajabi is not just extremely flexible, but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not have this feature, however Kajabi allows you to make an area on your site specifically for your blog. There, you can post updates and thoughts on your course content. If you’re looking to get the most of your Kajabi-made site it provides the opportunity to publish your content without restriction. Start by creating your blog posts by creating your own using the text editor. You can incorporate SEO elements if you’d like to have a wider reach or group your posts into various categories or even change the way you want your entire blog section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging features may not be as up to par as WordPress or Blogspot However, it comes with enough tools to be manageable. In addition, you can create podcasts to promote on your site. You can upload the recordings of your podcast to be hosted on the site and distributed to major podcasting platforms, such as Apple Podcasts and Spotify. When you upload podcast episodes there are two options: release it as a public podcast for free or make an exclusive private version that only your members have access to. Kajabi Icon
Marketing and Sales
A big part of what makes Kajabi so popular among edupreneurs is the variety of marketing and sales tools that are supremely user-friendly and easy even for those who aren’t marketing experts to make use of!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A huge draw among the crowd, Kajabi’s built in e-mail marketing function allows you to send e-mails about your course and website to your subscribed member students while seated on the platform. You might be surprised that it can do more than simply send emails. With the help from Kajabi Automations, you get to automate sequences of e-mails that are triggered by different kinds of user actions. For example, when your student logs in successfully to one of your courses after checkout, a welcome e-mail will be automatically delivered into their email inbox. If the course performs poorly then an upsell message is sent to suggest improvement Kajabi Icon
You can send as many emails to your campaigns as you like and then schedule them according to your preferences. You can choose which of your members gets to receive these messages. E-mail management has never been this complete and easy to manage. Unlike other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with e-mail marketing tools that wouldn’t have to worry about connecting to other third-party platforms in order to make it work.
In addition, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing function where you get to assign some of your members as affiliates in order to in promoting your site on behalf of your company. Apart from paying them the commission rate, you may also track their performance to gauge how well they contribute to boosting your conversion and click rates. Kajabi Icon
Another one of Kajabi’s overall notable features can be the Pipeline Builder, where you are able to design specialized marketing funnels that do not have any overly complicated issues. While other platforms provide similar features that require more effort and time however, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be extremely simple and quick that even the uninitiated can make better use of it. This feature is stunning and lets you choose from a variety of pre-designed funnel templates or pipeline blueprints. They include:
- Freebies are great for when you’d like to offer a freebie as a lead magnet to increase your list
- Sales Page OVO – to use whenever you want to convince your intended audience to buy your product via a sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use any time you’re launching a course or other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – for occasions when you need to advertise your products through web seminars
- Free Book OVO – to use anytime you’d like to promote your content with an online book for free download.
- Coaching Campaign OVO – to use when you’re trying to promote your classes through a series of coaching sessions
- Blank design – for when you’d like to construct your sales funnel from the ground
When you choose from one of the pipeline blueprints Kajabi instantly creates a set of pages and e-mails you will have to put together to make an effective sales funnel. You can alter the way you would like your sales funnel to look to your customers. You can even alter the look of your landing and checkout pages, for example, to a different one There is a library filled with 40+ templates for landing pages that you can choose from.
Prices and Payment Methods
Kajabi lets you seamlessly integrate with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal so that your students can choose between them when they pay for your classes. Stripe is the common payment option that accepts debit and credit card transactions and certain e-wallet providers across the world. PayPal is, on the other side, is an option for subscriptions and multi-payment plans. There aren’t any urgent fees for transactions on the part of Kajabi because all your earnings are instantly transferred directly to the bank accounts of your choice.
When it comes to the pricing, Kajabi gives an array of options for you of pricing options. You can cost your pupils for the products at different time frames (one-time, subscription, and multi-payments) or distribute them at no cost. You even have the chance to decide if you want to charge a specific amount for a single product or multiple items, and specify specific dates your customers can access within a certain period of time. You can also create coupons that will further encourage your customers to purchase any of your offers. Kajabi Icon
Integration with Third-Party Services
Kajabi may have a plethora of built-in features to help you create and market your courses however, you also can connect to other third-party applications for more functions. The platform currently supports ten native integrations, including the well-known analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier is extremely useful as it helps establish connections with hundreds of other third-party applications and tools, ranging including e-commerce and user experience.
Training and Customer Support Resources
In terms of customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over its competitors because it is one of the few platforms for creating courses with live chat available 24/7 assistance. In contrast to other similar platforms, Kajabi’s customer support team is always available to assist you when you’re struggling to create an online course or website, in addition to other crucial issues, anytime and wherever. However, it’s important to note that this 24/7 service is only available to instructors that are on the Growth plan upwards – for Basic users Live chat support is scheduled at certain times and days during the day. Nonetheless, Kajabi’s approach to customer service has been well-received by many of the instructors who use it to design meaningful educational content. Kajabi Icon
As for tools for training, Kajabi gives you a variety of ways to use resources to learn and get used to. Kajabi Hero University Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, classes and educational content specifically targeted at educators and edupreneurs to help them gain traction or boost their standing in the course creation world. You’re also invited to daily Q+A educational webinars with leading experts from different fields as guests, plus, if you’re looking for more advice and tricks the help desk is available to help you along the way. In addition to the platform’s Hero University, there is Kajabi’s Hero Rewards program in which course creators can earn numerous sweet rewards when they meet their targets.
What is the other thing that is missing from Kajabi?
Kajabi may be a great all-in-one platform to develop and promote your course content However, we need to take care of a few essential things that are missing. A majority of them could have been extremely helpful to improve the experience. Below are the items we’d like to see added to Kajabi’s system in the near future:
- Built-in tools to issue certificates and certificates. Although some of them offer this option, instructors who use Kajabi frequently will require a connection to third-party software which specialize in issuance of certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we may appreciate the platform’s handling of assessments within courses, we’d like for the lack of question type options – plus randomization of said types and their randomization to be resolved as quickly as possible.
- Other payment options. As of the moment, only transactions via Stripe or PayPal can be accepted. In addition, we don’t appreciate how there are certain limits too.
- An API key that is public. This could be useful in making custom integrations, for example, letting your subscribed students sign in using the single sign-in feature with other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi could have the majority of the features that an aspiring Edupreneur would ever want to have. But due to its high price plan and a plethora in terms of functionality, the site might turn some people off. If you’re looking for alternatives with similarity to Kajabi regarding reliability and performance, we’ve listed some worthy alternatives that you might want to consider in your decision. Kajabi Icon
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in one services similar to Kajabi. The only significant difference is the price – starting at only $67/month, you can create unlimited courses and sell your course to the right audience without ever having to worry about spending a dime!
- Podia doesn’t just claim to be user-friendly. It’s also extremely easy to use, and much more user-friendly than Kajabi! Although you can benefit from marketing features, it’s much lighter than the other. But considering the very budget-friendly cost we can see the ways Podia can appeal to those who want to start their own business.
- While Kajabi isn’t a reputable platform and lacks sophisticated quiz functions, Thinkific makes up for them. With a beginner-friendly price range, it sure does offer higher-end features than the other, and this includes live lesson courses and a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is similar to Thinkific in the manner it functions. However, we must appreciate how the former can incorporate additional payment options since it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay two gateways that Kajabi doesn’t have. Additionally, it allows one-on-one coaching as well as other essential features.
Overall, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park in terms of offering a wide range of tools that most entrepreneurs use. It does provide the basic features that everyone needs including the intuitive features needed to build a professional-looking website , to the impressive built-in marketing suite with the ability to understand sales funnel blueprints and efficient email marketing tools.
There could be some instruments that aren’t there for example, the issuance of certificates in particular. Also, with its high cost, it might not be the wise choice among the budget-conscious. But we do understand that even though Kajabi performs great as an all-in one solution for creating courses but it’s not without limits. It doesn’t hinder it, but it is an extremely popular choice for established business owners and creators!
If you’re still searching to find an LMS that gives you all you require on one platform, Kajabi is something you ought to seriously think about.
FAQ Kajabi Icon
What is the meaning of Kajabi refer to?
The word “Kajabi” derives from a word with Islamic or Arabic origin that means “to take flight.”
Can I sell physical products on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard classes, you can also sell physical items on Kajabi. It is possible to integrate with Shopify to create a fully-functioning online store on the platform!
In terms of e-mail marketing Is it possible that Kajabi could be able to be able to replace MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already has the tools for marketing via email built into the platform, it’s natural that it’s adequate to replace third-party programs such as MailChimp. However, if you do want to use this feature, Kajabi still allows you to connect it with other applications as well.
Are you sure that Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has an app that can be downloaded on mobile for you and your subscribers have access to all course materials even when on the go. Kajabi Icon