Hundreds of learning management system (LMS) platforms offer many important features you can utilize whenever you create meaningful content. While there could be a lot of sites that let you utilize advanced marketing tools to advertise classes to your desired viewers, other platforms may not have most of these features. While some provide easy-to-use course-building tools, there will also be some that provide editing options that is so complicated it turns its users off.
Within the sea of online course platforms There are a handful that provide more than a simple editing interface, but also an array of sales and marketing functions. And on top of that they offer nearly everything you could think of such as 24/7 assistance and training materials to top-quality analytics. All-in-one courses let you discover the world beyond your boundaries, and one of those that provide it is Kajabi.
In a nutshell What is Kajabi? Kajabi Jammiebaker
Kajabi is an online platform that allows you to create and sell your course content to your audience of students. It is marketed as a complete service, Kajabi provides edupreneurs from all walks of life with optimized and essential features needed to not just create a professional website for your courses , but also allow them to grow to greater heights. Kajabi is widely praised and is regarded as one of the best online courses platforms, earning an overwhelmingly positive score from 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so popular and well-received among its users? It’s true that there are numerous aspects that make this platform extremely easy for anyone to use. First, it’s the user-friendliness. From course creation to marketing and sales almost all of Kajabi’s features can be digestible for people who are just getting started in the e-course world. A majority of them are advanced, giving administrating instructors an edge over others. Lastly, it lets budding entrepreneurs like you run and develop courses without the need to look elsewhere if anything else isn’t available. Kajabi offers all the equipment that one could need in order to live up to its ‘one-stop shop label.
What does it let you do? Do?
There are a variety of methods that Kajabi can do as an all-in-one e-course solution. We’ve put together a list in bullet points of the key attributes that you ought to keep an eye on when you’re thinking about using it. In essence, Kajabi allows you:
- Create interactive and engaging courses using a variety of tools for customizing such as media files, templates you can select depending on your preferences;
- Create a visually appealing website to house your course contents and materials, as well as your own blog to keep your students up-to-date on the latest developments;
- Make the most of websites, landing pages and checkout sites, and other effective ways to improve your profits, further your reach to the limit and increase conversion rates.
- Choose how you wish to bill your courses or other items to your students – whether it’s a one-time payment or a monthly subscription;
- Create effective sales funnels with no any issues by making use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Use its own marketing and analytics suite with e-mail marketing as well as CRM and automated tools.
- Create and manage your affiliate links.
- Explore a wide variety of customer service, community and training materials, with the addition of Kajabi University.
Famous Names that have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted by more than 16,000 companies and big-name personalities. It’s the choice of many of the most well-known people who come from different sectors, including the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi hosts thousands upon thousands of courses, accessed and explored by over 35 million students from all over the world. As of this the time this article was written, Kajabi has generated over $650 million in sales since its establishment in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing plans Kajabi offers are quite different from other online course creation tools in that they’re much more expensive. With monthly costs that begin at as low as $119 it’s no wonder that this can impede some people who want to give Kajabi a go. However, when you consider the number of important features included into every plan, the price is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin by offering the Basic plan priced at $149 per month or $119/mo when billed annually. In this plan, you get to create three products, gain up to 1,000 active customers, and design a website that you can modify using the tools provided by the platform. Also included are unlimited landing pages, unlimited marketing e-mails as well as unlimited access to valuable resources, including one-on one customer support as well as Kajabi University.
Apart from basic plans, there’s the Growth plan that happens to be the most sought-after plan on the platform for $199 per month or $159/mo when paid annually, as well as the Pro plan for $399 per month or $319/month yearly that is loaded with all the features you could ask for when it comes to making and selling your courses. Kajabi currently does not offer a free plan option. But a 14-day no-cost trial is offered for each of the three plans. A longer trial of up to 30 days is offered on select blogs. So if you want to test the waters and see if Kajabi’s the best choice for you, the limited trial offer is the best option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros and Cons – What We Really Like About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s in-house marketing suite of tools, including email marketing and automation are designed to be optimized for business, and you don’t have to connect with other third-party services for this!
- The software for sales funnels. Another of the most popular features on the platform The Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of well-tested and accessible blueprint templates. No need to overcomplicate yourself!
- The ability to customize without limitations. From creating professional-looking course websites all the way to the custom website, Kajabi lets you customize to your hearts content and even build your brand from scratch.
- The easy and intuitive website as well as course editor. Making content with the website and course builder software has never been so easy and quick, as it takes less time and effort to finish the job.
- Limitless integrations. In addition to native integrations to the ten marketing, e-commerce and analytics tools, connecting to the app Zapier allows you to look and select from more than a thousand non-native platforms for better effectiveness.
- Establishing meaningful relationships with fellow instructors and students. Kajabi’s Community feature lets you connect with students who are enrolled in your classes. It also lets you connect, network, and celebrate with tons of teachers who happen to be in the same position as you.
The Cons – Things We Don’t Like
- The pricey pricing plans. Three pricing options offered by Kajabi cost higher than the typical monthly prices that other providers offer. There’s no free option available as well.
- There are no built-in tools for issuance of certificates. It is possible to connect to a third-party certificate application if you intend to design custom-made certificates of various types.
- Not enough tools for student-instructor engagement. We aren’t happy with the absence of certain tools, such as proper discussion forums and the ability to randomly distribute tests or assignments. Kajabi Jammiebaker
The Review of Kajabi’s features
User-Friendliness and Experience
One thing we like about Kajabi is the shockingly easy user experience. For one, most of the platform’s User Interface (UI) is organized. If you check the screen menu, you’ll see that the functions are arranged into five main sections: Website, Products, Sales, Marketing, and People. The menu’s design does not allow for clutter, as some elements that are associated with the specific section can be collapsed. The UI layout is very consistent, reflecting Kajabi’s ‘all-in-one’ brand name. You can build your own landing page, alter your course, and interact with your fellow instructors on one site.
It has a search assistant tool that comes in handy whenever you want to look for something difficult to locate. The Kajabi Assistant can be found in the top part of the dashboard, in the form as a “search bar, and allows you to search for specific tools and products on the website by typing in the words. As previously mentioned the courses and site builder sections can be dragged and dropped, making the process simpler without the need to know how to navigate the site. Kajabi is more user-friendly and has a less arduous learning curve compared to a couple of its contemporaries. It also supports multiple languages other that English in case you want to share your content with broader audience.
Course Creation and Engagement
Once you explore Kajabi’s course design feature, you will quickly come across a variety of course or product templates, or what the platform calls them blueprints. Each of the product blueprints varies in structure and type and is readily tailored to suit the needs of instructors.
In the blueprints that are listed are Mini Courses, Online Courses and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form quick courses which are generally designed in order to increase brand value, while online Courses are full-version courses with a complete content structure that are designed to provide a “world-class” education experience. Drip courses on the other hand, are programs which are planned over the course of a specified number of days or weeks. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s an efficient way to share your content when you as well as your students are occupied with other activities.
Kajabi is known to many as a renowned premium course maker. Apart from kinds of courses offered, the blueprints allow you to create a membership space that allows your customers to access exclusive content and a coach session that spans 12 weeks. You can also download a blank template where you can create an entire course or product completely from scratch!
Categories, Posts, and Content Uploads
As you further explore the course builder, you will notice the outline of the sections and lessons that were automatically added when you select one of the blueprints for your course. In Kajabi’s case, those parts and the lessons referred to as post categories as well as category, respectively. Posts are the places where you insert various types of content such as text, video and images, whereas the categories act as folders where the posts are stored.
You can also include subcategories of posts within one category in order to structure your content flexibly. You may also move and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a variety of media and text files that can be used to add to your posts, including MP4 and MOV files, WAV and MP3 files PDFs and Word documents. Upload all of them directly via your computer’s folders, or through file-sharing cloud platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can also add existing URLs for your videos into your blog posts!
Like several other course-making platforms, Kajabi allows you to utilize the feature of bulk uploads. Like the name implies that you can upload all your files to your courses on one tab. This one is handy especially when you’re doing other important stuff.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi has a variety of 10+ themes for course players. Unlike other LMS platforms, where you’re allowed to select the theme you want to use, Kajabi lets you have the choice of selecting several themes to suit various products. Like the outline creator, it’s simple to modify any of the themes to suit your personal style. You can even incorporate details of your brand like your logo images, fonts, and designs into your course player to cultivate a personal touch. Kajabi Jammiebaker
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi includes a quiz function called Assessments that allows you to create quizzes and assignments and include them as part of your course. Assessments are an effective method of determining if your students learned something from the lessons you’ve provided them. With the assessments option, you are able to choose from three different question types: multiple-choice, multiple-selection, and paragraph-style. You can also set an assessment score that will encourage your students to be more engaged with your content.
In addition aside from that, the LMS site has also made strides in providing spaces for students and teachers to interact. Through the Community feature students have access to comment and interact with all of your courses on their dashboards. It is possible to write your posts to discuss with the rest of them your previous lessons and your upcoming content. The community feature is available either as a standalone feature or as component of your member area.
Website Design and Customizability
Why would you want to publish your course content to your web domain or WordPress site when Kajabi has the platform and tools you need to make one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting across all three plans of pricing. What’s great about this is you’re guaranteed immediate security and safety with an automated SSL certification as well as the support of a team to manage your website.
You also have the option to personalize your domain and also pick from a wide array of unique, professional themes, which you can modify to your liking! The possibilities don’t end there: If you’re an expert edupreneur and have signed up to the Growth plan and above you are able to use custom-designed themes that are built to meet the ever-changing needs of your business, plus eliminate all Kajabi brand names and then replace that with your personal brand!
Similar to the course builder that we’ve discussed earlier, Kajabi’s page builder allows you to alter any of the available website themes with a suite of user-friendly and intuitive editing tools. Upon further exploration, you will be greeted with customizable sets of blocks and sections. They’re basically like the categories and posts that we’ve discussed when we’ve talked about the course builder. Blocks are the elements that make up the site’s content, such as media files, text and clickable buttons. Sections on the other hand are formed by a variety of carefully-arranged blocks.
There are more than 40 pre-designed section templates that you can pick from the dashboard of the page builder. Since we’re all connected to our phones and tiny tablets, it makes total sense for Kajabi to make your website automatically adjust to mobile layout. You can even go the extra mile by choosing the elements of your website you want members to see. With all the necessary tools to make your site look how you would like it to look the page builder from Kajabi is not just extremely flexible, but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Web-based Features
Other LMS platforms may not have this, but Kajabi allows you to create sections of your website specifically for your blog. There, you can share updates and thoughts on your course content. If you’re looking to get the most out of your Kajabi-created website this service offers you the opportunity to publish your content without restriction. You can get started with your blog posts by creating one with Text Editor. It is possible to include SEO elements if you wish to expand your reach, group your posts into various categories, and even alter the way you would like your blog’s entire section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging features may not be as on the same level as WordPress or Blogspot however, it does have enough tools to be manageable. Additionally, you can also create podcasts to promote on your website. You can upload the recordings of your podcast to be hosted on your website and distributed to major podcast listening platforms such as iTunes Podcasts as well as Spotify. When you upload podcast episodes you can choose between two choices: publish it as a public podcast free of charge or create an exclusive private one that only your users can get access to. Kajabi Jammiebaker
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
One of the reasons that make Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is its slew of marketing and sales tools that are supremely easy and straightforward for even those who aren’t marketing experts to make use of!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A major draw for the crowd, Kajabi’s built in e-mail marketing function allows you to send e-mails that are related to your course or websites to your members who are subscribed students from the comfort of the platform. However, you might be amazed that it does more than sending e-mails. With the aid of Kajabi Automations, you get to create automated sequences of emails that are initiated by different types of user actions. For instance, if your student logs in successfully to one of your courses following checkout, a welcome e-mail will be automatically delivered directly to the student’s inbox. If another course is not performing the course, an upsell will be sent to suggest an improvement Kajabi Jammiebaker
You can send as many e-mails for the campaign you like and then schedule them according to your preferences. You can even select the members you want the messages. E-mail management has never been this extensive and yet simple to manage. In contrast to other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with e-mail marketing tools that wouldn’t have to worry about integrating with other third-party platforms to make things work.
Apart from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing option that lets you assign some of your members as affiliates who can help promote your content on behalf of you. In addition to paying them a commission and monitoring their performance to gauge how they can contribute to increasing your conversion rates and click rates. Kajabi Jammiebaker
Another one of Kajabi’s overall top features can be the Pipeline Builder, where you can create custom marketing funnels with no overcomplicating problems. While other platforms offer similar features, which require more effort and time however, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be so quick and easy that even the uninitiated can make better use of it. This amazing feature lets you select from a set of pre-made funnel designs or pipeline blueprints. These include the following:
- Freebies are great for when you’d like to offer an offer as a lead magnet to increase your database.
- Sales Page OVO – for any time you wish to convince your intended customers to purchase your product through the sales page
- Product Launch OVO – for when you’re launching courses or other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO is a great option for any time you wish to promote your business through web-based seminars
- Free Book OVO – to use anytime you’d like to promote your content with the free digital book that you can download
- Coaching Campaign OVO is for any time you’re promoting your courses by means of an array of coaching sessions
- Blank plan – to use whenever you’re looking to create an effective sales funnel right from the beginning
Once you select from any of the blueprints for a pipeline Kajabi will automatically generate pages and e-mails you will need to pull off an effective sales funnel. You may customize however you wish your funnel to appear to your target audience. You may even change the theme of your checkout and landing pages, for instance you can change the theme to something different – there is a library filled with 40+ pages templates you can select from.
Prices and Payment Methods
Kajabi lets you seamlessly integrate with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal so that your students can get to choose between the two to pay for your courses. Stripe is the most popular payment option that accepts credit and debit card transactions and certain e-wallet providers across the world. PayPal, on the other side, is an alternative for subscribers as well as multi-payment plans. There aren’t any charges for transactions on Kajabi’s side, as all your earnings are immediately sent into your account at the banks.
In terms of pricing options, Kajabi offers you a wide range of options to select from. You can either cost your pupils for the services at various times (one-time or subscription and multiple payments) or hand them out for free. You even have the chance to select if you’re going to charge a specific amount for one product or multiple products, and set specific dates that your members can access within a given timeframe. Additionally, you can create coupons to further motivate your target audience to buy the products you offer. Kajabi Jammiebaker
Integrations to Third-Party Services
Kajabi may have a plethora of built-in services needed to create and market your courses however, you also have the option to connect to third-party apps for an added boost in functionality. Kajabi currently has the integration of ten natively-built integrations, such as the popular analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier comes in very handy because it allows connections with hundreds more third-party apps and tools including e-commerce and user experience.
Customer Support and Training Resources
In terms of customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over the rest as it’s one of the few course creation platforms which provide 24/7 live chat assistance. In contrast to other similar platforms the Kajabi customer support team is available to assist you if you’re having difficulties in creating an online course or website, in addition to other crucial issues, anytime and anywhere. It’s crucial to note that this 24 hour service is only available to instructors that are on the Growth plan up to for Basic users, live chat is available at specific times and on certain days during the day. However, Kajabi’s method of customer support has been highly praised by many who use it to design relevant educational content. Kajabi Jammiebaker
As for tools for training, Kajabi gives the user a range of access to use resources to master and become familiar with. Kajabi Hero University Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, classes and educational content specifically geared towards teachers and edupreneurs who want to gain traction or boost their position in the course creation world. There are also weekly Q&A-style educational webinars featuring leading experts from different fields as guests, plus when you’re looking for additional information and tips, the help center is available to help you along the way. Apart from Kajabi’s Hero University, there is also a Kajabi Hero Rewards program where course creators can earn tons of sweet perks as they achieve their targets.
What is the other thing that is missing from Kajabi?
Kajabi could be an excellent all-in-one tool to design and market your course content, but we have to look at a few crucial aspects that are missing. A majority of them could have been extremely helpful in improving the experience. Here are the following things we’d like to see included in Kajabi’s system soon:
- Built-in tools that issue certificates and certificates. Although some of them offer this option instructors who utilize Kajabi frequently will require a connection to third-party apps that are specialized in the issue of certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we may appreciate the way that the platform handles assessments within courses, we wish that the absence of different types of questions – plus randomization of said types and their randomization to be resolved as quickly as possible.
- Additional payment options. As of the moment, only transactions via Stripe and PayPal can be accepted. In addition, we aren’t sure if there are certain limits also.
- A public API key. This could have been helpful for custom integrations, such as having your students who have subscribed to your service login using a single sign-in option with other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi could have the majority of the features that an aspiring Edupreneur would ever want to have. However, due to the high cost plan and a certain lack in terms of functionality, the site might cause some to be turned off. If you’re seeking alternatives that have collective similarities to Kajabi regarding performance and reliability we’ve listed a few worthy alternatives that you might want to consider in your decision. Kajabi Jammiebaker
- New Zenler is an online course platform that offers all-in-one solutions similar to Kajabi. The only distinction is in the cost beginning at just $67 per month, you can create unlimited courses and market your course to the right audience without worrying about spending a dime!
- Podia doesn’t just claim to be user-friendly. It’s also very easy to use, far easier than Kajabi! Although you can utilize marketing tools, it’s much lighter than other. However, when you consider the budget-friendly price we can see the ways Podia will appeal to DIY entrepreneurs getting into the business.
- While Kajabi lacks credentials and advanced quiz features, Thinkific makes up for these features. With a beginner-friendly price range and a wide range of features, it certainly offers higher-end features than Kajabi which includes live lesson courses and an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in the way it operates. However, we must appreciate how the former can incorporate additional payment options as it accepts Google Pay and Apple Pay, two gateway services Kajabi is not able to offer. It also lets you utilize one-on-one training and other key features.
Overall, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park by having nearly all the tools that most entrepreneurs utilize. It certainly has the basic features that everyone needs, from intuitive functions needed to build a professional-looking web pages to the fantastic integrated marketing suite that includes the ability to understand plans for sales funnels, as well as effective marketing tools for e-mails.
There could be some instruments that aren’t there like the issuance of certificates in particular. Also, with its high cost, it may not be the right option for those with a tight budget. But we do understand that while Kajabi is well in being an all-in-one solution for course creation but it’s not without limits. That doesn’t stop it, but it is a popular choice among established business owners and creators!
If you’re looking for an LMS that gives you all you require on one platform, Kajabi is something you should strongly think about.
FAQ Kajabi Jammiebaker
What does the word Kajabi refer to?
The term “Kajabi” is derived from a word of Islamic (or Arabic origin, which translates to “to take flight.”
Can I sell physical goods on Kajabi?
Yes! Aside from the usual programs, you can sell physical products on Kajabi. You can also integrate with Shopify to set up a fully functioning e-commerce shop on the platform!
Concerning e-mail marketing is it possible Kajabi could be able to replace MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already includes the tools for marketing via email built within the platform, it’s logical that it’s adequate to take over third-party apps like MailChimp. However, if you do wish to utilize the platform, Kajabi still allows you to integrate with it and other apps as well.
Does Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even offers a mobile app so that you and your subscribers have access to all courses even while in the move. Kajabi Jammiebaker