Many learning management system (LMS) platforms offer various important features you can utilize when creating content of high quality. While there could be a lot of websites that allow you to make use of advanced marketing tools to advertise the courses you offer to your intended audience, others may not have most of these features. While some provide easy-to-use course-building tools, there will also be some that have an editing experience that is so complicated they turn off their users.
Within the sea of online course platforms There are a handful which offer more than just a simple editing interface, but also a myriad of sales and marketing functions. Additionally they also provide you with nearly everything you’d ever want, from 24/7 help and training materials to top-quality analytics. All-in-one platforms for courses allow you to discover the world beyond your boundaries One of them that offer it effortlessly is Kajabi.
Kajabi is an online platform that lets you develop and market your courses to an customers. It is marketed as a complete service, Kajabi provides edupreneurs from all aspects of their lives with the most efficient and vital features to not just create a professional website for your courses but help them rise to higher levels. Kajabi has been praised by the media and regarded as one of the best online courses platforms, earning an overwhelming positive score with a score of 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-liked by its users? Well, there are quite plenty of reasons that make the platform very convenient for everyone to use. First, it’s the user-friendliness. From course creation to marketing the majority of Kajabi’s features can be digestible for people who are new in the e-course world. The majority of them are advanced, which gives instructors who administer the course an advantage over other instructors. In addition, it lets budding entrepreneurs like you to run and create an online course without having to travel to another place if something else is not available. Kajabi provides all the equipment that one could need in order to live up to its ‘one-stop shop label.
What Can It Do? Do?
There are many kinds of options that Kajabi allows you to use as an all-in-one online course solution. We’ve compiled a list, in bullet form of the key attributes that you ought to keep an eye on if you’re considering the option. In essence, Kajabi allows you:
- Create engaging and interactive courses with a wide array of customizing tools, media files, and templates that you can choose in accordance with your personal preferences.
- Build a presentable website to present your course content and products, as well as your own blog to keep your students updated on what else is new;
- Efficiently make use of websites, landing pages and checkout sites, and other viable ways to improve the profits you earn, extend your reach over the boundaries and boost conversion rates.
- Choose how you wish to bill your courses and other products for your students, whether it’s a one-time payment or a subscription for a month;
- Build effective sales funnels without any difficulties by making use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Make use of its internal marketing and analytics suite with email marketing as well as CRM and automated tools.
- Set up and manage your affiliate links.
- Explore an array of customer service, community and training materials and features, including the Kajabi University feature.
The Big Names Who Have Utilized Kajabi
Kajabi is used and trusted by more than 16,000 organizations and celebrities. It’s the choice of several well-known personalities who come from different sectors, including online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard and fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is home to thousands upon thousands of courses, accessed and explored by over 35 million students from all over the world. In the last time of writing Kajabi has generated over $650 million in revenue since it was founded in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing options that Kajabi offers are quite different from other online course-making services in that they’re more costly. With monthly prices that start at as low as $119 it’s not surprising that this can impede some people who be interested in giving it a try. However, when you consider the number of essential features already packed in each plan, the pricing is logically reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start by offering the Basic plan that costs $149 per month or $119/mo when billed annually. This plan lets you are able to design three products, reach up to 1000 active users, as well as create websites that you are able to customize with tools fully provided by Kajabi’s platform. Also included are unlimited landing websites, indefinite marketing emails as well as unlimited access to helpful resources, including one-on-one customer service and Kajabi University.
Apart from The Basic Plan, there is the Growth plan which is the platform’s most popular offer with a monthly cost of $199 or $159/mo if paid annually, as well as the Pro plan at $399 monthly or $319/mo yearly and is packed with every feature you’d want when it comes to designing and selling your course. Kajabi does not currently offer a free plan option. However, a 14-day no-cost trial is offered for all three plans. A trial extension that runs as long as 30 days also offered on select blogs, so if you wish to try the service and determine if Kajabi is the right fit for you, then the brief trial period is the ideal way to go.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Like About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s in-house marketing suite of tools, which includes automated e-mail marketing, and automation are optimized for business, and you won’t need to integrate with third-party solutions to do this!
- The sales funnel software. Another one of the platforms most-loved selling points The sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of well-tested and accessible blueprint templates. No need to get too complicated!
- Customization without limits. From designing professional-looking course websites down to the custom name, Kajabi lets you customize to your hearts content and even build your brand from the ground up.
- The simple and intuitive site and course editors. Making content using the website and course builder software has never been so easy and swift, and it requires less time and effort to complete the task.
- Limitless integrations. Apart from native integrations that integrate with 10 e-commerce, marketing and analytics solutions, connecting to Zapier’s app allows users to investigate and select from more than a thousand non-native platforms that can improve your efficiency.
- Establishing meaningful relationships with students and fellow instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature allows you to engage with the students who are enrolled in your classes. You can also make connections, network and share your joy with hundreds of teachers who happen to be in the same shoes as you.
The Cons – What We Don’t Like
- The pricey pricing plans. Kajabi’s three pricing plans are greater than the average monthly rates provided by other companies. There’s no free option available as well.
- There are no built-in tools for issuance of certificates. You might need to connect to a third-party certificate software if you want to make custom-designed certificates that are of different types.
A Review of Kajabi’s Features
Easy of Use and Experience
One thing we like the most about Kajabi is its surprisingly simple user experience. First, the majority of the user interface (UI) is organized. If you check the dashboard menu, you may notice that all features are divided into five major sections – Website Products, Sales, Marketing and People. The menu’s design does not allow for clutter, as some features that are related to a specified section are collapsible. The UI style is very uniform, reflecting Kajabi’s ‘all-in-one’ hallmark. You can build an online landing page, change your course, and engage with other instructors through one website.
The search assistant is a tool that can be useful when you need to search for something that may be difficult to locate. The Kajabi Assistant can be found in the top of the dashboard, in the form as a “search bar, and allows you to search for tools and items within the site by entering the keywords. Like we said, both Kajabi’s courses and site builder sections can be dragged and dropped which makes the process easier without needing to learn how to navigate it. Kajabi has a smoother learning curve compared to a couple of its contemporaries. It can also be used in other languages than English in case you want to share your content with broader viewers.
Course Development and Engagement
If you take a look at Kajabi’s courses design feature, you will quickly come across a variety of templates for courses or products, or what the platform calls them blueprints. Each of the blueprints for products differs in terms of structure and design and is readily tailored to suit the needs of instructors.
The blueprints listed are Mini Courses and Online Courses as well as Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form , quick courses which are generally designed in order to increase the brand’s value, whereas Online Courses are full-version types with a full content structure that are designed to provide the “world-class” learning experience. Drip courses on the contrary, are classes which are planned over an established period of days or weeks. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s an efficient way to share your content when you as well as your students are occupied working on other projects.
Kajabi might be regarded by many as a popular premium course maker. However, in addition to the kinds of courses offered, the blueprints also allow you to create a membership area where your customers can enjoy exclusive content as well as a coaching session for 12 weeks. There’s also a blank template where you can create a course or product completely from the ground up!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
If you continue to explore the course builder, you’ll notice the outline of the sections and lessons which have been automatically added when you select any of the course blueprints. In Kajabi’s instance, these sections and lessons are called categories and posts, and vice versa. Posts are the places where you can insert different kinds of content, like text, videos images, and text, while the categories serve as folders for the posts that are stored.
It is also possible to include subcategories of posts within the same category, if you wish to arrange your content in a flexible way. You may also alter the outline by dragging it around. Kajabi accepts a wide variety of text and media files to include in your posts. These include MOV and MP4 files WAV and MP3 files, PDFs as well as Word documents. You can upload any of them either via your computer’s folders, or through file-sharing cloud platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can copy and paste existing URLs of your videos to your posts!
As with a handful of other platform for making courses, Kajabi allows you to utilize the bulk upload feature. Like the name implies that you can upload all the files you have uploaded to your courses in one page. This can be useful especially when you’re performing other tasks.
Course Player Templates
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi offers a quiz feature called Assessments that allows you to create quizzes and assignments and then add them to the course of your course. Assessments are a helpful method of determining whether your students have learned something from the lessons you’ve provided them. Through the assessment option, you are able to choose from three different question types: multiple-choice, paragraph-style, and multiple-selection. You can also set an assessment score that will encourage your students to be more engaged with your content more.
Aside from that aside from that, the LMS website has made strides in creating spaces for students and teachers to connect. With the Community feature, your learners are given access to interact and comment on any of your courses via their dashboards. You can even write in your blog posts for discussion with the rest of them your lessons from the past and also your future content. The community feature can be accessed either as a stand-alone feature or as part of your membership.
Website Design and Customization
Why should you upload your course materials to your web domain as well as WordPress site when Kajabi offers the platform and tools to make one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting for the three pricing plans. What’s awesome about it is you’re guaranteed instant security and safety with the automatic SSL certification, as well as the support of a team to manage your website.
You’re also given the liberty to personalize your domain as well as pick from a wide array of professional, one-of-a-kind themes, all of which you can personalize to your liking! It doesn’t stop there: if you’re an expert edupreneur and have signed up to the Growth plan or higher you are able to use custom-designed themes that are built to fit your ever-expanding needs as well as take away the Kajabi branding and replace that with your custom-designed theme!
Similar to the course builder that we’ve discussed previously, Kajabi’s page builders allows you to modify any of the website themes with a suite of intuitive and easy-to-handle editing tools. After further exploration you’ll be presented with sets of blocks that can be customized and sections. They’re basically like those categories as well as posts we discussed when we discussed the course builder. Blocks are the elements that make up the site’s content including text, media files, or clickable icons. Sections on the other hand are formed by a variety of neatly-arranged blocks.
There are more than 40 pre-designed sections templates that you can choose from the page builder’s dashboard. As we’re all glued to our smartphones and small tablets nowadays it’s logical for Kajabi to have your website automatically adjust to a mobile layout. You can go an extra mile by choosing the elements of your website you want members to see. With all the tools you need to create your website as you wish it to appear Kajabi’s page builders are not just extremely flexible, but also fast to use.
Blogging and Other Web-based Features
Other LMS platforms may not have this feature, however Kajabi allows you to make an area on your site specifically for your blog. There, you can publish information and comments about your course’s content. If you’re looking to make the most of your Kajabi-made site, the service provides you a space where you can publish your content without restriction. You can get started with posting blog content by making your own using the text editor. You can include SEO elements if you want to have a wider reach and organize your blog posts into various categories and even alter the way you want your entire blog section to appear.
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
One of the reasons that make Kajabi so popular with edupreneurs is its array of sales and marketing tools that are supremely user-friendly and easy to even non- marketing experts to make use of!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
You can create as many e-mails for your campaign as you like and schedule each one in accordance to your preference. You can also choose which of your members gets to receive these messages. E-mail management has never been more complete and easy to manage. Contrary to other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with marketing tools for e-mails. You don’t require connecting to other third-party platforms to make things work.
Another one of Kajabi’s overall standouts can be one of the best features is Pipeline Builder, where you are able to design specialized marketing funnels with no overcomplicating difficulties. While other platforms offer similar features, which require more time and effort, this Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even beginners can make better use of it. This feature is stunning and allows you to choose from a collection of pre-made funnel blueprints or templates for pipelines. This includes:
- Freebies – to be used whenever you’d like to provide an offer as a lead magnet to grow your list
- Sales Page OVO – to use when you need to convince your intended public to buy your product by utilizing the sales page
- Product Launch OVO is a great option for when you’re launching courses or any other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – for any time you wish to promote your business through web-based seminars
- Free Book OVO – for whenever you want to promote your content with the free digital book that you can download
- Coaching Campaign OVO – to use whenever you’re promoting your courses through a series of coaching sessions
- Blank blueprint – for whenever you’re looking to create the sales funnel you want from the starting
When you choose from one of the pipeline blueprints Kajabi will automatically generate a set of pages and e-mails that you’ll require to create an effective sales funnel. You can customize how you would like your sales funnel to appear to your audience. You may even change the look of your landing and checkout pages, for instance you can change the theme to something different – there is a library with more than 40 page templates that you can choose from.
Prices and Payment Methods
Kajabi allows you to integrate seamlessly with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal so that your students can get to choose between the two to pay for your classes. Stripe is a popular payment option that accepts credit and debit card transactions as well as select e-wallet providers all over the world. PayPal however, on the contrary side, is an option for subscriptions and multi-payment plans. There aren’t any fees for transactions on the part of Kajabi since all the money you earn will be immediately transferred into your account at the banks.
Integrations to Third-Party Services
Kajabi is a host of built-in features to help you make and market your courses However, you have the option to connect to other third-party applications for an added boost in functionality. The platform is currently able to support 10 native integrations, which include the well-known analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier comes in very handy since it allows you to establish connections with hundreds more third-party apps and tools including e-commerce and user experience.
Customer Support and Training Resources
As for training tools, Kajabi offers an array of options to use resources to master and then become proficient with. Kajabi Hero University Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses, and informative content especially geared towards teachers and edupreneurs who want to gain traction or boost their standing in the world of course design. You’re also invited to every day Q&A webinars that feature top experts from various areas as guests. Additionally, if you’re looking for additional information and tips assistance, the help section will be there to help you on your way. Apart from Kajabi’s Hero University, there is also a Kajabi Hero Rewards program where course creators are rewarded with many sweet perks when they reach their objectives.
What is the other thing that is missing from Kajabi?
Kajabi may be a great all-in-one platform to develop and market your course content However, we need to take care of a few essential things that are not being addressed. The majority of these would have been extremely helpful in improving the experience. Below are the items that we wish would be included in the Kajabi system shortly:
- Built-in tools that issue certificates and credentials. Although some of them offer this option instructors using Kajabi will often require connecting to third-party apps which specialize in issuance of certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we may appreciate the platform’s handling of assessments within the course, we would like for the lack of options for question types and the randomization of those types that is addressed as soon as possible.
- Additional payment options. As of the moment there are only two options for transactions: Stripe as well as PayPal can be accepted. Not only that, but we aren’t sure if there are certain limits too.
- A public API key. This would have been useful for creating custom integrations for example, the ability to let your subscribers log in with the single sign-in feature with other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in one services similar to Kajabi. The only major distinction is in the cost – starting at only $67/month, you can create unlimited courses and advertise your course to the right audience without worrying about breaking the bank!
- Podia isn’t just claiming to be creator-friendly. It’s also very easy to use, and much more user-friendly than Kajabi! While you get to utilize marketing tools Podia is much less heavy than other. But considering the very budget-friendly price range we can understand how Podia can appeal to DIY entrepreneurs getting into the business.
- While Kajabi lacks credentials and more advanced features for quizzes, Thinkific makes up for the shortcomings. With a price that is affordable for beginners, it sure does offer more industry-level functions than the other has, and this includes live lesson courses and a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in the way it functions. However, we must appreciate how the former can incorporate additional payment options as it supports Google Pay and Apple Pay two gateways that Kajabi doesn’t have. You can also avail one-on-one training and other key features.
All in all, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park in terms of providing nearly all of the options that most entrepreneurs utilize. It certainly has the basic features that everyone needs, from intuitive functions needed to design a professional website , to the impressive integrated marketing suite that includes the addition of simple diagrams of sales funnels as well as efficient marketing tools for e-mails.
There may be a few instruments that aren’t there for example, the issuance of certificates, in particular. Also, with its high cost, it may not be the best option for those with a tight budget. But we do understand that, while Kajabi does great as an all-in one solution for course creation, it will always have limits. It doesn’t hinder it, however, from becoming an extremely popular choice for established creators and businesses!
If you’re still looking for an LMS that gives you all you require on one platform, Kajabi is something you ought to seriously think about.
What does the word Kajabi translate to?
The word “Kajabi” derives from a word of Islamic (or Arabic origin, which translates to “to take flight.”
Can I sell physical goods on Kajabi?
Yes! Aside from the usual courses, you can also sell physical items on Kajabi. It is possible to join with Shopify to create a fully-functioning E-commerce store using the platform!
In terms of e-mail marketing Is it possible that Kajabi can take over MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already has E-mail marketing tools integrated into the platform, it’s natural that it’s enough to replace third-party applications like MailChimp. If you do wish to utilize this feature, Kajabi still allows you to connect it with other applications too.
Does Kajabi mobile-friendly?