Many learning management system (LMS) platforms offer a variety of crucial features that can be utilized whenever you create meaningful content. While there could be a lot of sites that let you make use of advanced marketing tools to promote classes to your desired audience, others might not provide all those things. Although some sites provide simple-to-use tools to build courses, there’ll be a few that have an editing experience so complex that it turns its users off.
Among a sea of e-course platforms There are some which offer more than just the basic editing interface but also a myriad of sales and marketing functions. In addition to that, they also provide you with nearly all you can think of such as 24/7 assistance and training materials to top-quality analytics. All-in-one platforms for courses allow you to go beyond the limits of your abilities One of them which can provide this is Kajabi.
At a Glance: Kajabi: What exactly is Kajabi? Kajabi Kimberly Kramer
Kajabi is an online platform that lets you make and sell your courses to an customers. The company is advertised as an all-in-one solution that provides entrepreneurs from all aspects of their lives with the most efficient and essential features needed to not just build a professional-looking site for your courses, but help them rise to new heights. Kajabi has been critically acclaimed and regarded as one of the best online course platforms, gaining an overwhelming score from 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-liked among its users? There are numerous reasons that make the platform extremely convenient for all to use. Firstly, it’s the extreme ease of use. From course creation to marketing, nearly all of the Kajabi features are designed to be digestible even for those who are only beginning to get started in the world of online courses. Most of them are also advanced, giving instructors an advantage over others. Additionally this allows students like you to run and create courses without having to travel to another place if something else is not available. Kajabi offers all the tools anyone may need and is a true testament its ‘one stop shop’ moniker.
What Does It Let You Do?
There are a variety of methods that Kajabi can do as an all-in-one e-course solution. We’ve made a list in bullet points, of its important features that you may want to keep an eye on in the event you’re considering it. In simple terms, Kajabi allows you:
- Create interactive and engaging classes using a range of tools for customizing, media files, and templates that you can choose in accordance with your personal preferences.
- Build a presentable website to house your course contents and materials, as well as your own blog to keep your students updated on what else is new;
- Effectively utilize websites, landing pages and checkout sites and other viable methods to boost your earnings, expand your reach to the limit and increase conversion rates;
- Decide how you would like to invoice your courses and other services for your students, whether it’s a one-time payment or a subscription for a month;
- Build effective sales funnels without any issues by making use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Utilize its in-house marketing and analytics suite that includes the ability to send out e-mails as well as CRM and automated tools.
- Create and manage your affiliate links.
- Explore an array of community and training materials and features, including the Kajabi University feature.
Big Names That Have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted by more than 16,000 organizations and big-name personalities. Kajabi is the preferred choice of several well-known personalities that are from various industries, such as the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard, fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is home to thousands upon thousands of courses, which are accessed and explored by more than 35 million students across the globe. In the last writing, Kajabi has generated over $650 million in sales since its establishment in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing options that Kajabi offers are quite different from other online course creation tools in that they’re much more expensive. With monthly prices that start at as low as $119 it’s no wonder why this might be an issue for those who would want to give the service a shot. But considering the huge amount of essential features already packed within every plan, the price is reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin by offering the Basic plan that costs $149 per month or $119/mo if billed annually. With this tier, you get to create three products, gain a maximum of 1,000 active customers, and create websites that you are able to create with the tools offered by the platform. Included are unlimited landing webpages, unlimitted marketing emails, and unlimited access to useful resources, such as one-on-one customer service and Kajabi University.
In addition to basic plans, there’s the Growth plan which is the platform’s most popular offer for $199 per month or $159/month if you pay annually, as well as the Pro plan at $399 monthly or $319/month annually and is packed with every feature you could ask for when making and selling your courses. Kajabi currently does not offer any free plans. But a 14-day free trial is available on each of the three plans. A longer trial of up to 30 days is also offered on select blogs, so if you’re looking to test the waters to determine if Kajabi is the best choice for you, the limited trial period is the ideal option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros and Cons – What We Really Like About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s own marketing suite of tools, such as automated e-mail marketing, and automation are specifically designed to be designed for businesses, so you don’t have to connect with third-party solutions to do that!
- The software that creates sales funnels. Another of the platform’s best-selling points, the Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of well-tested and understood blueprint templates – no need to be overly complicated!
- Unlimited customization. From designing professional-looking course websites up to the customized website, Kajabi lets you customize to your heart’s content – and even create your own brand from the ground up.
- The user-friendly and simple site as well as course editor. The creation of content using the site and course builders hasn’t been so easy and swift, and it takes less effort and time to finish the job.
- Unlimited integrations are endless. Apart from native integrations to the ten marketing, e-commerce and analytics solutions, connecting to the app Zapier allows users to investigate and select among more than a thousand non-native platforms that can improve your efficiency.
- Making lasting connections with your students and instructors. Kajabi’s community feature lets you connect with students enrolled in your classes. It also lets you network, connect, and share your joy with hundreds of teachers who happen to be similar to you.
The Cons – What We Don’t Like
- The steep pricing plans. The three plans offered by Kajabi are more than the typical monthly prices that other providers offer. There’s not a free option as well.
- There is no built-in tool to issue certificates. You might need to connect to a third party certificate app if you plan to make custom-designed certificates of different kinds.
- Not enough tools for student-instructor engagement. We don’t appreciate the lack of certain features, like proper discussion forums and the ability to randomize tests or assignments. Kajabi Kimberly Kramer
The Review of Kajabi’s features
User-Friendliness and Experience
One thing that we like the most about Kajabi is the shockingly easy user experience. One of the reasons is that the platform’s users interface (UI) is structured. If you check the dashboard menu, you may find that all the features are divided into five major sections – Website Products, Sales, Marketing and People. The design of the menu does not allow for confusion, as certain features that are related to the specific section can be collapsed. The UI style is very uniform and reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-one” hallmark. You can build your own landing page, alter your course and communicate with your instructors on the same site.
The search assistant is a tool that can be useful whenever you want to look for something that may be difficult to find. The Kajabi Assistant is found at the top part of the dashboard in the form that of a bar for searching, and it lets you look for specific tools and products on the site by entering the words. As previously mentioned that both the Kajabi site builder and course builder sections can be dragged and dropped which makes the process easier without having to know how to navigate the site. Kajabi has a smoother learning curve compared to several of its peers. It is also compatible with other languages that English if you wish to share your content with broader audience.
Course Design and Engagement
If you take a look at Kajabi’s courses creation function, you may be able to see a collection of product or course templates or what the platform calls it, blueprints. Each of the product blueprints is different in its structure and style and can be easily modified to suit the needs of instructors.
Included among the listed blueprints are Mini Courses and Online Courses as well as Drip Courses. Mini Courses are quick-form courses that are usually created as a means of gaining brand value, while Online Courses are full-version types with a full content structure created to offer an “world-class” educational experience. Drip courses on the other hand, are courses that are scheduled over a set series of days or weeks. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s an efficient method of sharing your content if you or your students are busy with other things.
Kajabi may be known by many as a well-known premium course maker. Apart from kinds of courses offered, the blueprints let you create a membership area for your members to enjoy exclusive content and a coach session that spans 12 weeks. The template is also blank that allows you to create your own course or product completely from scratch!
Categories, Posts, and Content Uploads
As you further explore the course builder you will notice the outline of the sections and lessons that have been automatically added if you choose one of the blueprints for your course. In Kajabi’s case, those parts and the lessons referred to as groups and posts and vice versa. The posts are where you can insert different kinds of content, including text, video images, and text, while the categories act as folders in which the posts are stored.
You can also include subcategories for posts in one category in order to arrange your content in a flexible way. You can move and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a wide variety of text and media files to include in your posts. These include MP4 and MOV files, WAV and MP3 files, PDFs as well as Word documents. You can upload any of them via your computer’s folders, or through file-sharing cloud platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can even copy and paste existing URLs of your videos to your blog posts!
Like several other course-making platforms, Kajabi allows you to utilize the bulk upload feature. Similar to the name, you can add all the files you have uploaded to your courses on one tab. This one is handy particularly if you’re working on other things.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi offers a lineup of more than 10 themes for course players. Contrary to other LMS platforms that only allow you to be allowed to select the theme you want to use, Kajabi lets you have the option of choosing various themes for the various products. Like the outline builder, it’s relatively easy to customize any of the themes to match your preferences. You can also incorporate elements of your brand, such as the logo images, fonts, and design into your course player in order to give it a your own personal style. Kajabi Kimberly Kramer
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi has a quiz feature called Assessments where you get to make quizzes and assignments and add them as part of your curriculum. Assessments are a helpful way to determine if your students learned something from the lessons you’ve provided them. Through the assessment option, you are able to choose between the three primary types of questions: multiple-choice paragraph-style, and multiple-selection. You can also set an acceptable score to encourage your students to engage with your material more.
Apart from that aside from that, it is also important to note that the LMS site has also been able to make strides in creating spaces for teachers and students to connect. Through the Community feature, your students are able to participate and leave comments on any of your courses through their dashboards. It is possible to write your posts to discuss with the rest of them your previous lessons and also your future content. The community feature is available as a separate product or as an element of membership.
Website Design and Customizability
Why share your course contents to your web domain as well as WordPress web site when Kajabi has the platform and tools you need to build one on the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting for three plans of pricing. What’s great about this is you’re assured of instant security and safety with an automatic SSL certification, as well as the support of a team to manage your site.
Additionally, you have the freedom to modify your domain as well as choose from a wide array of unique, professional themes, all of which you can personalize to your heart’s content! The possibilities don’t end there: If you’re an expert edupreneur and are a member of the Growth plan and higher, you get to download custom-designed themes designed to meet the ever-changing needs of your business as well as remove any Kajabi logos and substitute it with your personal brand!
Similar to the course builder we’ve mentioned earlier, Kajabi’s page builder allows you to alter any of the available themes on the website using a variety of user-friendly and intuitive editing tools. After further exploration, you will be greeted with sets of blocks that can be customized and sections. They’re similar to post categories, and categories that we’ve discussed when we’ve discussed our course building tool. Blocks are the elements that make up the content of the website which includes text, media files or clickable icons. Sections on the other hand are made up of multiple neatly-arranged blocks.
There are more than 40 pre-designed section templates can be picked from the dashboard of the page builder. As we’re all glued to our smartphones and tablets it is logical for Kajabi to make your website automatically adapt to a mobile layout. You can go an extra mile by picking the element of your site you would like members to view. With all the necessary tools to make your site look how you would like it to appear Kajabi’s page builders are not just incredibly flexible, but also fast to use.
Blogging and Other Useful Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not provide this feature, however Kajabi lets you create sections of your website specifically for your blog. There, you can publish comments and updates on the content of your course. If you’re looking to make the most of your Kajabi-created website, the service provides you a space where you can post your blog posts without limitations. It is possible to begin with your blog posts by creating one with the text editor. You may include SEO elements if you’d like to have a wider reach or group your posts into various categories, and even customize how you want your entire blog section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging tools might not be on par as WordPress or Blogspot, but it has enough tools to allow it to be managed. In addition, you can create podcasts that you can promote on your website. You may upload recordings of your podcast that will be hosted on the website and then distributed to major podcast listening platforms such as the Apple Podcasts platform and Spotify. If you upload an episode of your podcast you can choose between two options: release the podcast as a public one for free or make an exclusive private one that only your members have access to. Kajabi Kimberly Kramer
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
One of the reasons that make Kajabi so popular among edupreneurs is its array of sales and marketing tools that are highly user-friendly and easy for even those who aren’t marketing experts to make use of!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A huge draw among the crowd, Kajabi’s built-in E-mail marketing functions allow you to send e-mails about your course and website to your subscribers students within the comforts of the platform. You might be surprised that it does more than just send e-mails. With the aid with Kajabi Automations, you get to create automated sequences of e-mails that are triggered by different kinds of user actions. For example, when a student logs in successfully to one of your classes after the checkout process, a welcome email will be sent automatically into their email inbox. If another course is not performing the course, an upsell will be delivered to offer suggestions for improvement Kajabi Kimberly Kramer
You can send as many emails to your campaign as you like and schedule each of them in accordance with your preferences. You can even select which members of your group are eligible to receive these messages. The management of e-mails has never been so complete and easy to manage. Contrary to other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with tools for marketing e-mails that you don’t require connecting to other third-party platforms to make things work.
Apart from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing function where you get to assign certain members of your group as affiliates to help advertise your website on behalf of your company. In addition to paying them a commission, you may also track their performance to see how well they contribute to increasing your conversion and click rates. Kajabi Kimberly Kramer
Another of Kajabi’s notable features can be one of the best features is Pipeline Builder, where you can create custom marketing funnels without a lot of problems. While other platforms provide similar features that require more effort and time, this Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even those who aren’t experts can make better use of it. This feature is stunning and lets you choose from a collection of pre-made funnel blueprints or templates for pipelines. They include:
- Freebies are great for when you want to offer the freebie to lead magnet to grow your email list
- Sales Page OVO – for whenever you want to persuade your audience to buy your product through the sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use when you’re launching courses or another product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – to use any time you wish to promote your business through web-based seminars
- Free Book OVO – for any time you wish to showcase your content an online book for free download.
- Coaching Campaign OVO is for any time you’re promoting your classes through a series of coaching sessions
- Blank design – for when you want to build an effective sales funnel right from the ground
Once you select from any of the pipeline blueprints Kajabi will automatically generate a set of pages and e-mails that you’ll require to create an effective sales funnel. You may customize however you would like your sales funnel to appear to your audience. You may even change the theme of your checkout and landing pages, for instance, to a different one There is a library filled with 40+ pages templates you can choose from.
Payment and Pricing Options
Kajabi lets you seamlessly integrate with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal so that your member students can choose between them when they pay for your course. Stripe is the common payment method that accepts debit and credit card transactions, as well as select e-wallet providers all over the world. PayPal, on the other side, is an option for subscriptions as well as multi-payment plans. There are no pressing fees for transactions on the part of Kajabi because all your earnings will be immediately transferred to your bank account.
When it comes to the pricing, Kajabi provides an array of options for you to choose from. You can either charge your students for your products at different times (one-time or subscription and several payments) or distribute them to them for free. You even have the chance to choose whether you’re planning to charge a specific amount for one item or for a variety of items, and specify specific dates your members can access within a given period of time. You can also create coupons to encourage your target audience to buy any of your offers. Kajabi Kimberly Kramer
Integration with Third-Party Services
Kajabi may have a plethora of built-in tools to create and market your courses However, you have the option of connecting to third-party applications to provide an additional boost of functions. Kajabi currently has ten native integrations, including the well-known analytics service Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier comes in very handy as it helps establish connections with hundreds more tools and third-party apps that range from e-commerce to user experiences.
Training and Customer Support Resources
In terms of customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over the rest as it’s one of the few course creation platforms which provide 24/7 live chat support. Contrary to similar services, Kajabi’s customer support team is always ready to help you whenever you encounter difficulties creating an online course or website, in addition to other important issues, anytime and wherever. It’s crucial to mention that this 24-hour service is only available to instructors that are on the Growth plan up to for basic users live Chat support can be scheduled for certain times and days of the week. However, Kajabi’s method of customer service has been praised by many who use it to create useful educational content. Kajabi Kimberly Kramer
As for tools for training, Kajabi gives an array of options to access resources that you can master and become familiar with. The Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, classes, and informative content especially designed for educators and edupreneurs who want to gain traction or boost their standing in the course creation world. There are also every day Q&A webinars that feature top experts from various disciplines as guest speakers, and, if you’re looking for other information and tips the help desk is available to help you on your way. Alongside Kajabi’s Hero University, there is an additional Kajabi Hero Rewards program, where course creators are rewarded with many sweet perks when they achieve their objectives.
What else is missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi might be a fantastic all-in-one platform to develop and promote your course content However, we need to look at a few crucial aspects that are not being addressed. A majority of them could be extremely useful in improving the experience. These are some of the things we would like to see included in the Kajabi system shortly:
- Built-in tools that issue certificates and credentials. While some provide this service instructors using Kajabi will often need to connect to third-party applications which specialize in issuance of certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we appreciate the way that the platform handles assessments within courses, we wish for the absence of different types of questions and the randomization of those types – to be addressed soonest.
- Other payment options. As of the moment only transactions made through Stripe as well as PayPal can be accepted. In addition, we aren’t sure if there are limitations too.
- An API key that is public. This could have been helpful for custom integrations, such as the ability to let your subscribers login using a single sign-in option with other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi may have essentially most of the features that an aspiring Edupreneur would ever want to have. But due to its high price plan and a certain lack in features it may cause some to be turned off. If you’re looking for alternatives with similarity to Kajabi in terms of reliability and performance we’ve listed a few worthy competitors you might want to consider in your decision. Kajabi Kimberly Kramer
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in one services similar to Kajabi. The only distinction is in the cost – starting at only $67/month You are able to create unlimited courses and advertise to your audience of choice without ever having to worry about breaking the bank!
- Podia does not just claim to be a creator-friendly platform. It’s also extremely simple to use, far easier than Kajabi! In addition, you can benefit from marketing features Podia is much less heavy than the other. With the extremely affordable price range, we can imagine how Podia can appeal to DIY entrepreneurs getting into the business.
- While Kajabi isn’t a reputable platform and lacks sophisticated quiz functions, Thinkific makes up for them. With its affordable price, it sure does offer higher-end features than the other has as well as live lesson courses and an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is like Thinkific in terms of how it works. However, we must appreciate how Teachable is able to incorporate additional payment options since it supports Google Pay and Apple Pay, two gateway services Kajabi doesn’t have. You can also avail one-on-one coaching as well as other essential features.
All in all, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park for having nearly all the tools that most entrepreneurs use. It sure does offer the basic features that everyone needs including the intuitive features needed to design a professional website to the stellar built-in marketing suite with the ability to understand sales funnel blueprints and efficient marketing tools for e-mails.
There could be some instruments that aren’t there like the issuance of certificates specifically. Also, with its high cost, it might not be the right choice for the budget-conscious. But we do understand that, while Kajabi does well in being an all-in-one solution for course creation, it will always have limits. It doesn’t hinder it, however, from being an extremely popular choice for established business owners and creators!
If you’re still searching for an LMS that can provide everything you require on one platform, Kajabi is something you ought to seriously look into.
FAQ Kajabi Kimberly Kramer
What does the word Kajabi mean?
The word “Kajabi” originates from a word of Islamic (or Arabic origin which means “to fly.”
Do I have the ability to sell physical items on Kajabi?
Yes! In addition to the normal courses, you can also sell physical items on Kajabi. You can even integrate with Shopify to create a fully-functioning online store on the platform!
Concerning e-mail marketing is it possible Kajabi can be able to replace MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already has e-mail marketing tools built into the platform, it’s logical that it’s adequate to replace third-party applications like MailChimp. However, if you wish to utilize it, Kajabi still allows you to integrate with it and other apps as well.
Is Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even offers a mobile app to ensure that you and your subscribed members can access your entire course materials even when traveling. Kajabi Kimberly Kramer