A myriad of learning management systems (LMS) platforms offer many essential features that can be utilized whenever you create meaningful content. While there may be plenty of websites that allow you to make use of modern marketing tools to market your courses to your intended audience, some may not have most of those things. While some provide easy-to-use tools for creating courses, there will also be few that may have an editing experience so complicated that they turn off their users.
Within the sea of online course platforms, there are a few that provide more than a simple editing interface, but also an array of sales and marketing functions. And on top of that they also provide you with nearly all you can think of, from 24/7 help and training tools to top-of-the-line analytics. All-in-one courses let you go beyond the limits of your abilities and one of the platforms that provide it is Kajabi.
In a nutshell How do you define Kajabi? Kajabi Minus 1
Kajabi is an online platform that allows you to make and sell your courses to an audience of students. Branded as an all-in-one service and platform for edupreneurs, Kajabi offers edupren all kinds of industries with the best and vital features to not just create a professional website for your courses but also allow them to grow to new heights. Kajabi is widely praised and considered to be one of the most effective online course platforms, gaining an overwhelmingly positive score with a score of 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so well-liked and appreciated among its users? It’s true that there are numerous reasons that make the platform extremely convenient for all to use. It’s first and foremost the ease of use. From course creation all the way to marketing and sales, nearly all of the Kajabi features are designed to be digestible even for those who are only beginning to get started in the e-course world. Most of them are also advanced, giving administrating instructors an edge over other instructors. In addition this allows students like you run and develop courses without the need to look elsewhere in case something isn’t available. Kajabi provides all the equipment that one could need in order to live up its ‘one stop shop name.
What Can It Do? Do?
There are numerous options that Kajabi allows you to use as an all-in-one online course solution. We’ve put together a list in bullets, of its important features that you may want to be aware of in the event you’re considering it. In simple terms, Kajabi allows you:
- Create interactive and engaging classes using a range of tools for customizing such as media files, templates that you can choose according to your preference;
- Build a presentable website to house your course contents and materials, as well as blogs to keep your students up-to-date on what else is new;
- Effectively utilize websites, landing pages and checkout sites, and other effective methods to increase your profits, further your reach beyond the limits and boost conversion rates;
- Select the method you want to invoice your courses and other products for your students, whether it’s a one-time payment or a monthly subscription;
- Create effective sales funnels with no any issues by making use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Utilize its in-house marketing and analytics suite that includes the ability to send out e-mails and CRM as well as automation tools.
- Set up and manage your affiliate links, and
- Explore a variety of customer service, community and training materials, with the addition of Kajabi University.
Famous Names that have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted by more than 16,000 organizations and celebrities. Kajabi is the preferred choice of some of the well-known names who come from different industries, such as the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard and fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is the home of thousands upon thousands of courses, accessed and explored by over 35 million students across the globe. As of this the time this article was written, Kajabi has generated over $650 million in sales since its establishment in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing plans Kajabi provides are different from other online course creation services in that they’re more expensive. With monthly costs that begin at as low as $119 it’s no wonder that this can impede some people who like to give it a try. But considering the huge amount of essential features already packed into each plan, pricing is reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin by offering the Basic plan that costs $149 per month, or $119/month when billed annually. With this tier, you can create three products, reach a maximum of 1,000 active customers, and create your own website you can customize with tools fully provided by the platform. Also included are unlimited landing pages, unlimited marketing emails, and unlimited access to useful resources, such as one-on-one customer support and Kajabi University.
Apart from the Basic plan, there is the Growth plan, which happens to be the platform’s most popular offer with a monthly cost of $199 or $159/month if you pay annually, as well as the Pro plan for $399 per month or $319/mo yearly, which is filled with every feature you could ask for when making and selling your courses. Kajabi is currently not offering a free plan option. However, a 14-day free trial is available for each of the three plans. An extended trial that lasts for up to 30 days also available on selected blogs. So if you wish to test the waters to determine if Kajabi is the right choice for you, the limited trial period is the ideal way to go.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Love About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s own marketing suite of tools, such as email marketing and automation are designed to be optimized for businessuse, and you don’t have to connect with any other third-party service to do this!
- The software for sales funnels. Another one of the platforms most-loved selling points, the Pipeline Builder. Pipeline Builder lets you make use of proven and easily understood blueprint templates – no need to get too complicated!
- Customization without limits. From designing professional-looking course websites up to the customized website, Kajabi lets you customize according to your own preferences – and even create your own brand from the ground up.
- The user-friendly and simple site as well as course editor. Making content with the site and course creator software was never this easy and quick, as it takes less time and effort to complete the task.
- Limitless integrations. In addition to native integrations to ten e-commerce, marketing, and analytics tools, connecting to the app Zapier allows users to investigate and select from more than a thousand non-native platforms for better effectiveness.
- Making lasting connections with your students and instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature lets you interact with students in any of your courses. It also lets you network, connect, and share your joy with hundreds of teachers in the same position as you.
The Cons – What We Don’t Like
- The pricing plans are hefty. Three pricing options offered by Kajabi cost more than the average monthly rates provided by other companies. There’s not a free option neither.
- There are no built-in tools for issuance of certificates. You may need connect to a third-party certificate app if you plan to make custom-designed certificates of different kinds.
- Insufficient tools for instructor-student engagement. We don’t appreciate the lack of certain tools, such as proper discussion forums and the ability to randomly assign the assignments or quizzes. Kajabi Minus 1
An Overview of the Kajabi Features
Easy of Use and Experience
One thing that we like the most about Kajabi is its surprisingly simple user experience. For one, most of the user interface (UI) is organized. If you may notice on the screen menu, you’ll find that all the features are organized into five main sections: Website, Products, Sales, Marketing, and People. The design of the menu does not allow for confusion, as certain elements that are associated with a specified section are collapsible. The UI design is very consistent, reflecting Kajabi’s ‘all-in-one’ trademark. You get to create your own landing page, alter your course, and interact with your fellow instructors on the same site.
The search assistant is a tool that is useful whenever you want to look for something hard to find. The Kajabi Assistant can be found in the top part of the dashboard, in the form that of a bar for searching, and it lets you look for specific tools and products on the site by typing in the words. Like we said that both the Kajabi website builder and course builder sections can be moved and dropped, making the process simpler without the need to know how to navigate the site. Kajabi has a smoother learning curve than a couple of its contemporaries. It also supports multiple languages other that English in case you want to share your content with broader audience.
Course Design and Engagement
When you go through Kajabi’s course creation feature, you’ll quickly come across a variety of templates for courses or products or, as the platform calls it, blueprints. Each blueprint for a product varies in structure and type and is readily tailored to meet the needs of any instructor.
In the blueprints that are listed are Mini Courses as well as Online Courses, and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are quick-form courses that are usually created in order to increase the brand’s value, whereas online Courses are full-version courses that have a complete structure of content that are designed to provide a “world-class” educational experience. Drip courses on the other hand, are courses that are scheduled over an established period of weeks or days. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s a much more convenient way to share your content if you and your students are busy with other things.
Kajabi is known to many as a popular premium course-maker. Apart from kinds of courses offered, the blueprints let you create a membership area for your members to enjoy exclusive content and a coaching session lasting 12 weeks. There’s also a blank template where you can create your own course or product completely from the ground up!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
When you explore the course builder you’ll see an outline of sections and lessons that have been automatically added if you choose any of the course blueprints. In Kajabi’s instance, these segments and classes are known as post categories as well as category, and vice versa. Posts are the places where you can insert different kinds of content, like text, videos, and images, while the categories act as folders where the posts are stored.
You can also include subcategories for posts in one category in order to arrange your content in a flexible way. You can drag and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a variety of text and media files to be added to your posts. These include MOV and MP4 files, MP3 and WAV files, PDFs, and even Word documents. You can upload any of them via your computer’s folders, or via cloud-based file sharing platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can also copy and paste existing URLs of your videos to your blog posts!
As with a handful of other platforms for creating courses, Kajabi allows you to make use of the bulk upload feature. Similar to the name that you can upload all the files you have uploaded to your courses in the same tab. This is a great option especially when you’re working on other things.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi offers a lineup of more than 10 themes for courses. Contrary to other LMS platforms that only allow you to be allowed to select the theme you want to use, Kajabi lets you have the choice of selecting several themes to suit different products. Like the outline builder, it’s relatively simple to modify any of the themes to fit your style. It is possible to incorporate specifics that represent your brand, such as the logo, images, and font design into the course player to add a an individual touch. Kajabi Minus 1
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi includes a quiz function called Assessments where you get to design and create assignments and quizzes and include them as part of your course. Assessments can be a great way to assess whether your students have learned something from the curriculum you’ve given them. Through the assessment feature, you get to select from three main types of questions: multiple-choice multi-selection, or paragraph-style. You can also set an assessment score that will encourage your students in engaging with your material more.
In addition aside from that, the LMS website has been able to make strides in providing spaces for teachers and students to communicate. Through the Community feature your students are able to comment and interact with any of your courses through their dashboards. You can also write your blog posts for discussion with your fellow students about your lessons from the past as well as your future content. The community feature is offered either as a stand-alone product or as part of your membership.
Website Design and Customizability
Why share your course contents to your web domain or WordPress site when Kajabi offers the platform and tools you need to build one on the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting across all three pricing plans. The best part is that you’re guaranteed instant security and security through an automatic SSL certification and the support of a team to manage your site.
You also have the option to modify your domain as well as choose from a range of unique, professional themes, which you can customize to your liking! This doesn’t stop there. If you’re an expert in edupreneurship and signed to the Growth plan and above, you get to use custom-designed themes that are built to fit your ever-expanding needs, plus take away all Kajabi logos and substitute it with your personal brand!
Like the course builder we’ve mentioned earlier, Kajabi’s page builder allows you to alter any of the themes for websites using a set of intuitive and easy-to-handle editing tools. After further exploration, you will be greeted with sets of blocks that can be customized and sections. They’re similar to the categories and posts from when we discussed how to build courses. Blocks are the components that comprise the content of the website including text, media files, and clickable buttons. Sections on the other hand are formed by a variety of neatly-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 pre-designed section templates that you can pick from the dashboard of the page builder. We’re all hooked to our smartphones and small tablets it is logical to use Kajabi to let your site automatically adjust to mobile-friendly layout. You can even go the extra mile by choosing the elements of your website you want members to view. With all the necessary tools to create your website how you would like it to look the page builder from Kajabi is not just extremely flexible, but also easy to manage.
Blogging and Other Useful Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not provide this feature, however Kajabi allows you to create sections of your website that is dedicated to your blog, where you can share information and comments about your course’s content. If you’re looking to make the most the Kajabi-made website this service offers you the opportunity to publish your content without restriction. It is possible to begin with your blog posts by making one using Text Editor. You may include SEO elements if you want to expand your reach and organize your blog posts into various categories and even alter the way you want your entire blog section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging tools may not be as on with WordPress or Blogspot however, it does have enough tools to allow it to be managed. In addition, you can create podcasts that you could promote on your website. You can upload audio recordings of your podcast to be hosted on the website and then distributed to major podcast listening platforms such as the Apple Podcasts platform and Spotify. When uploading a podcast episode you can choose between two options: either release the podcast as a public one for free , or create an exclusive private one that only your users have access to. Kajabi Minus 1
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
Part of what makes Kajabi so popular among edupreneurs is its slew of marketing and sales tools that are supremely convenient and simple enough for even those who aren’t marketing experts to use!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A big draw among the masses, Kajabi’s built-in E-mail marketing functions allow users to send out e-mails about your course and website to your subscribers students while seated on the platform. However, you might be amazed that it does more than just send e-mails. With the aid of Kajabi Automations, you get to automate sequences of e-mails initiated by different types of user actions. For instance, if your student successfully logs into one of your courses following checking out, a welcome message will be automatically delivered into their email inbox. If another underperforms, an upsell is sent to suggest improvement Kajabi Minus 1
You can create as many emails to your campaigns as you like and then schedule them in accordance to your preference. You can also choose the members you want the messages. Managing e-mails has never been more comprehensive yet easy to handle. Contrary to other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with e-mail marketing tools that wouldn’t have to worry about connecting to other third-party platforms to make things work.
Aside from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing function which allows you to designate some of your members as affiliates in order to in promoting your site on behalf of your company. Alongside paying them the commission rate and monitoring their performance to gauge how they can contribute to increasing your conversion and click rates. Kajabi Minus 1
Another of Kajabi’s notable features are its Pipeline Builder, where you get to create specialized marketing funnels without a lot of difficulties. While other platforms offer similar features, which require more time and effort however, Pipeline Builder is a breeze to use. Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even those who aren’t experts are able to make the most of it. This stunning feature lets you choose from a set of pre-made funnel designs or pipeline blueprints. They include:
- Freebie – for whenever you’d like to provide the freebie to lead magnet to grow your email list
- Sales Page OVO – to use whenever you want to persuade your public to buy your product via a sales page
- Product Launch OVO is a great option for when you’re launching courses or another product
- Zoom Webinar OVO is a great option for any time you wish to promote your business through web-based seminars
- Free Book OVO – for any time you wish to promote your content with a free downloadable digital book
- Coaching Campaign OVO is for any time you’re promoting your courses by means of an array of coaching sessions
- Blank blueprint – for whenever you’re looking to create your sales funnel from the beginning
Once you select from any of the blueprints for a pipeline Kajabi will automatically generate pages and e-mails that you’ll require to create an effective sales funnel. You can customize how you would like your sales funnel to appear to your audience. You can even alter the theme of your landing and checkout pages, for instance changing the design to a different theme The library is full of 40+ page templates that you can pick from.
Prices and Payment Methods
Kajabi lets you seamlessly integrate with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal to ensure that your students can choose between them when they pay for your classes. Stripe is the most popular payment option that accepts credit and debit card transactions, as well as certain e-wallet providers across the world. PayPal however, on the contrary on the other hand, is an option for subscriptions and multi-payment plans. There aren’t any urgent charges for transactions on Kajabi’s side because all your earnings will be immediately transferred to your bank account.
When it comes to the pricing, Kajabi gives an array of options for you to choose from. You can either make your student pay for products at various time frames (one-time, subscription, and several payments) or give them away at no cost. You can also choose to select if you’re going to charge a specified price for one item or for a variety of products, and establish specific dates for your members can access within a certain period of time. You also get to generate coupons that will further encourage your audience to purchase the products you offer. Kajabi Minus 1
Integrations with Third-Party Services
Kajabi is a host of built-in features to help you make and market your courses However, you have the option to connect to third-party apps for an additional boost of functions. Kajabi currently has 10 native integrations, which include the well-known analytics service Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier is extremely useful since it allows you to establish connections with hundreds more third-party applications and tools, ranging from e-commerce to user experience.
Training and Customer Support Resources
When it comes to customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over its competitors because it is one of the few course creation platforms with live chat available 24/7 assistance. Unlike some similar services that offer customer support, Kajabi’s team is always available to help you whenever you’re struggling to create pages or courses, among other issues that are important, at any time and from anywhere. It’s crucial to mention that this 24-hour service is only available to instructors that are on the Growth plan and above – for Basic users Live chat is available for certain times and days on weekdays. Nonetheless, Kajabi’s approach to customer service has been well-received by those who utilize it to develop relevant course content. Kajabi Minus 1
As for training tools, Kajabi offers the user a range of access to access resources that you can learn and get used to. Kajabi Hero University Kajabi Hero University is packed with courses, tutorials and informational content that are specifically designed for educators and edupreneurs, to help them get started or increase their standing in the world of course design. Additionally, you can attend daily Q+A educational webinars with top experts from various areas as guests. Additionally, if you’re looking for other information and tips assistance, the help section is always there to guide you on your way. Apart from the platform’s Hero University, there is also a Kajabi Hero Rewards program where course creators are rewarded with many sweet perks when they meet their targets.
What else is missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi might be a fantastic all-in-one solution to create and market your course content However, we need to address a few vital things that are missing. A majority of them could be extremely useful in improving the experience. Here are the following things we’d like to see included in Kajabi’s system soon:
- Built-in tools to issue certificates and credentials. While some provide this service instructors who utilize Kajabi frequently will need to connect to third-party apps which specialize in issuance of certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we may appreciate the system’s handling of assessment within courses, we wish for the lack of different types of questions – plus randomization of said types that is addressed as soon as possible.
- Other payment options. At the time of writing there are only two options for transactions: Stripe and PayPal are accepted. In addition, we aren’t sure if there are limitations also.
- A public API key. This could be useful in making custom integrations, like having your students who have subscribed to your service log in with the single sign-in option with other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi might have the most of the features an Edupreneur could dream of. But due to its high price plan, and the lack in features it could turn some people off. If you’re seeking alternatives that have similarity in comparison to Kajabi with regards to reliability and performance We’ve provided a list of worthy competitors that you may be considering in making your choice. Kajabi Minus 1
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in one services that are similar to Kajabi. The only major difference is the cost beginning at just $67 per month You are able to create unlimited courses and advertise your course to the right audience without ever having to worry about spending a dime!
- Podia doesn’t just claim to be a creator-friendly platform. It’s also extremely easy to use, much easier than Kajabi! While you get to utilize marketing tools, it’s much lighter than other. However, when you consider the budget-friendly cost, we can see how Podia can appeal to those who want to start their own business.
- While Kajabi does not have credentials or sophisticated quiz functions, Thinkific makes up for them. With a price that is affordable for beginners It certainly has higher-end features than Kajabi which includes live lesson courses and a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in terms of how it works. However, it is important to understand the way that Teachable can integrate additional payment options as it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay two gateways that Kajabi does not have. Additionally, it allows one-on-one coaching and other core features.
All in all, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park by offering a wide range of options that most entrepreneurs make use of. It sure does offer all the features you need to be able to build a professional-looking website to the stellar built-in marketing suite with the addition of simple diagrams of sales funnels as well as efficient email marketing tools.
There may be a few tools that are missing like the issuance of certificates, in particular. Plus with a steep price tag, it may not be the wise option for those with a tight budget. However, we understand that even though Kajabi performs very well as an all-in-one solution for creating courses however, it’ll always have limits. That doesn’t stop it, but it is a favorite among experienced business owners and creators!
If you’re still looking for an LMS that offers everything you need in one platform, Kajabi is something you should strongly look into.
FAQ Kajabi Minus 1
What does the word Kajabi mean?
The term “Kajabi” derives from the word “Kajabi,” which is of Islamic (or Arabic origin which means “to take flight.”
Can I sell physical goods on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard programs, you can sell physical products on Kajabi. It is possible to integrate with Shopify to set up a fully functioning e-commerce shop on the platform!
Regarding marketing via e-mail, is it possible that Kajabi could take over MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already comes with the tools for marketing via email built into the platform, it’s logical that it’s adequate to replace third-party programs such as MailChimp. However, if you do want to use the platform, Kajabi still allows you to integrate with it and other apps as well.
Is Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has a mobile app for you and your subscribed members can access all your courses even while in the move. Kajabi Minus 1