Many learning management system (LMS) platforms offer many crucial features that you can use when creating content of high quality. Although there are plenty of sites that let you utilize advanced marketing tools to market your courses to your desired audience, others might not offer all of the features. Although some sites provide simple-to-use course-building tools, there will be a few that have an editing experience so complex that they turn off their users.
Among a sea of e-course platforms There are a handful that provide more than a simple editing interface, but also an array of sales and marketing functions. In addition to that, they also provide you with nearly everything you’d ever want including 24/7 support and training materials to top-quality analytics. All-in-one courses let you discover the world beyond your boundaries, and one of those that offer it effortlessly is Kajabi.
A Quick Look: How do you define Kajabi? Kajabi Knowledge Base
Kajabi is an internet-based platform which lets you create and sell your course content to your student audience. The company is advertised as an all-in-one solution that provides entrepreneurs from all aspects of their lives with the most efficient and necessary features that will not only create a professional website for your courses , but also allow them to grow to new heights. Kajabi has been praised by the media and regarded as one of the most effective online course platforms, gaining an overwhelming positive rating from 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-received by its users? It’s true that there are plenty of factors that make this platform very convenient for everyone to use. First, it’s the ease of use. From the course creation to marketing almost all of the Kajabi features have been designed so that they are easily accessible to those who are just getting started in the world of online courses. The majority of them are advanced, giving administrating instructors the added edge over other instructors. Lastly it allows budding entrepreneurs such as you manage and build an online course without the need to look to another place if something else is not available. Kajabi has all the available equipment that one could need, living up to its ‘one-stop shop name.
What Can It Do? Do?
There are a variety of ways that Kajabi lets you use as an all-in-one online course solution. We’ve put together a list in bullet form of the key attributes that you ought to keep an eye on if you’re considering the option. In simple terms, Kajabi allows you:
- Create engaging and interactive courses using a variety of tools for customizing, media files, and templates that you can choose according to your preference;
- Create a professional website that can house your course contents and materials, as well as a blog where you can keep your students informed about the latest developments;
- Efficiently make use of landing pages, checkout pages and other viable ways to improve the profits you earn, extend your reach to the limit, and generate higher conversion rates.
- Select the method you want to charge your courses and other products for your students, whether it’s a one-time payment or a monthly subscription
- Create effective sales funnels with no any issues by making use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Utilize its in-house marketing and analytics suite with email marketing as well as CRM and automation tools.
- Create and manage your affiliate links, and
- Explore a wide variety of community, customer service and training materials in conjunction with Kajabi University.
Big Names That Have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted by more than 16,000 organizations and celebrities. It’s the go-to choice for many of the most well-known people that are from various industries, such as the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is the home of thousands upon thousands of courses, which are accessed and explored by more than 35 million students all over the world. In the last time of writing Kajabi has generated over $650 million in sales since it was founded in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing plans that Kajabi provides are different from other online course creation tools in that they’re more expensive. With monthly prices that start as low as $119, it’s not surprising that this can impede some people who be interested in giving Kajabi a go. With the abundance of important features included in every plan, the price is reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin at the Basic plan that costs $149 per month, or $119/month for billing annually. In this plan, you can create three products, gain an maximum of 1000 active users, as well as design websites that you are able to create with the tools offered by the platform. Also included are unlimited landing webpages, unlimitted marketing emails, and unlimited access to helpful resources, including one-on-one customer support as well as Kajabi University.
Apart from basic plans, there is the Growth plan, which happens to be the most sought-after plan on the platform at $199 a month or $159/mo when paid annually, as well as the Pro plan for $399 per month or $319/mo yearly, which is filled with all the features you could ask for when you are designing and selling your course. Kajabi does not currently offer any free plans. However, a 14-day free trial is available for each of the three plans. A trial extension that runs as long as 30 days available on certain blogs. If you’re looking to test the waters and determine if Kajabi is the best choice for you, then the brief free trial is the best method to start.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros and Cons – What We Really Like About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s in-house marketing suite of tools, including email marketing and automation are designed to be optimized for business, and you won’t need to integrate with third-party solutions to do that!
- The sales funnel software. Another one of the most popular features on the platform is the Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of proven and easily understandable blueprint templates – no need to get too complicated!
- Unlimited customization. From creating professional-looking course websites down to the custom name, Kajabi lets you customize to your heart’s content – and even build your brand from the ground up.
- The user-friendly and simple site as well as course editor. Making content with the site and course creator software was never this easy and swift, and it requires less effort and time to get everything done.
- Limitless integrations are endless. Aside from native integrations that integrate with ten e-commerce, marketing, and analytics solutions, connecting to Zapier’s app lets you to look and select among more than a thousand non-native platforms to increase effectiveness.
- Establishing meaningful relationships with students and fellow instructors. Kajabi’s community feature lets you interact with students enrolled in your classes. You can also network, connect, and celebrate with tons of teachers who happen to be in the same shoes as you.
The Cons – Things We Don’t Like
- The pricey pricing plans. Kajabi’s three pricing plans are more than the average monthly rates that other providers offer. There’s no free plan available neither.
- No built-in tools to issue certificates. It is possible to connect to a third-party certificate app if you plan to make custom-designed certificates of various types.
- There aren’t enough tools to facilitate student-instructor engagement. We don’t appreciate the lack of some particular features, including adequate discussion forums, as well as the ability to randomly assign tests or assignments. Kajabi Knowledge Base
An Overview of the Kajabi Features
Ease of Use and Experience
One thing that we like about Kajabi is the shockingly easy user experience. One of the reasons is that the platform’s User Interface (UI) is well-organized. If you check the dashboard menu, you may see that the functions are organized into five main sections: Website, Products, Sales, Marketing, and People. The menu’s design is clear and free of obstruction, since some of the features that are related to a specified section are collapsible. The UI layout is very consistent and reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-one” trademark. You can build an online landing page, change your course and communicate with your instructors through one website.
The search assistant is a tool that comes in handy anytime you’re looking for something difficult to find. The Kajabi Assistant is located at the top of the dashboard in the form of a search bar and it lets you look for items and tools within the site by typing in the keywords. Like we said, both Kajabi’s website builder and course builder sections can be moved and dropped which makes the process easier without having to know how to navigate the site. Kajabi has a smoother learning curve compared to a couple of its contemporaries. It is also compatible with other languages than English if you wish to present your content to wider audience.
Course Development and Engagement
Once you explore Kajabi’s course creation feature, you’ll be able to see a collection of course or product templates or what the platform refers to them, blueprints. Each of the blueprints for products is different in its structure and style and can be easily modified to suit the needs of instructors.
Included among the listed blueprints are Mini Courses as well as Online Courses, and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are quick-form courses that are usually created as a way to build brand value, while online Courses are full-version versions with a full content structure that are designed to provide a “world-class” educational experience. Drip courses on the other hand, are courses that are scheduled over the course of a specified number of days or weeks. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s an easier way to share your content when you and your students are busy with other things.
Kajabi might be regarded by many as a renowned premium course-maker. But, aside from the course types, the product blueprints allow you to make a membership site that allows your customers to access exclusive content as well as a coaching session that spans 12 weeks. There’s also a blank template where you can create your own course or product completely from scratch!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
When you look into the course builder, you’ll see the outline of the sections and lessons that have been automatically added when you select one of the blueprints for your course. In Kajabi’s case, those segments and classes are called categories and posts, respectively. Posts are where you insert various kinds of content, like text, videos, and images, while the categories function as folders in which the posts are stored.
You can also include subcategories for posts in the same category, if you wish to structure your content flexibly. You can drag and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a wide variety of text and media files that can be used to add to your posts. These include MOV and MP4 files, MP3 and WAV files, PDFs and Word documents. Upload any of them either through your computer’s folders or via cloud-based file sharing platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can duplicate and paste URLs of your videos to your posts!
Like several other platforms for creating courses, Kajabi allows you to use the feature of bulk uploads. Like the name implies, you can add all the files you have uploaded to your courses in the same tab. This can be useful, especially if you’re busy doing other important stuff.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi provides a selection of 10+ themes for course players. Contrary to other LMS platforms that only allow you to be given the option to choose only one of three theme options, Kajabi lets you have the freedom to choose various themes for the different products. Similar to the course outline maker, it’s easy to customize any of the themes to match your preferences. It is possible to incorporate specifics of your company’s image including logos or images as well as font designs , into your course player to cultivate your own personal style. Kajabi Knowledge Base
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi offers a quiz feature called Assessments where you get to design and create assignments and quizzes and include them as part of your class. Assessments can be a great method of determining whether your students have learned something from the curriculum you’ve given them. With the assessments option, you are able to choose from three different types of questions: multiple-choice multiple-selection, and paragraph-style. You can also set an acceptable score to encourage your students to be more engaged with your material more.
In addition in addition, the LMS site has also made strides in creating areas for teachers and students to communicate. With the Community feature, your learners are given access to comment and interact with any of your courses via their dashboards. You can also write your blog posts to discuss with your fellow students about your lessons from the past and your upcoming content. The community feature can be accessed either as a standalone item or as a part of your membership.
Website Design and Customizability
Why should you upload your course materials with your domain name or WordPress website when Kajabi provides the platform and the tools to build one on the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting across all three pricing plans. What’s great about this is you’re guaranteed instant security and security through an automated SSL certification as well as an experienced team of experts to maintain your website.
You also have the option to personalize your domain as well as choose from a variety of premium, unique themes, all of which you can customize to your liking! The possibilities don’t end there: if you’re an expert edupreneur and are a member of the Growth plan and higher you are able to import custom-made themes built to fit your ever-expanding needs and also eliminate any Kajabi branding and replace that with your personal brand!
Similar to the course builder we’ve mentioned earlier, Kajabi’s page builder allows you to alter any of the given themes for websites using a set of user-friendly and intuitive editing tools. After further exploration, you will be greeted with customizable sets of blocks and sections. They’re similar to the categories and posts we discussed when we’ve discussed how to build courses. Blocks are the elements that compose the site’s content including media files, text or clickable icons. Sections are, however, are formed by multiple neatly-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 pre-designed section templates that can be picked from the dashboard of the page builder. As we’re all glued to our smartphones and tablets, it makes total sense for Kajabi to let your site automatically adjust to mobile layout. You can even go the extra mile by picking the element of your site you would like for your member learners to view. With all the tools you need to make your site look how you would like it to look Kajabi’s page builders are not just extremely flexible, but also fast to use.
Blogging and Other Web-based Features
Other LMS platforms may not have this feature, however Kajabi allows you to make an area on your site dedicated to your blog where you can post comments and updates on the content of your course. If you’re looking to get the most out of your Kajabi-created website this service offers you a space where you can post your blog posts without limitations. It is possible to begin with posting blog content by making one using an editor for text. You may include SEO elements if you’d like to have a wider reach or group your posts into various categories, and even customize how you would like your blog’s entire section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging capabilities may not be as up to the same level as WordPress or Blogspot, but it has enough tools to allow it to be managed. You can also create podcasts that you can promote on your site. You can upload the recordings of your podcast that will be hosted on your website and distributed to the major podcast listening platforms such as Apple Podcasts and Spotify. When you upload an episode of your podcast there are two options: either release it as a public podcast for free or make an exclusive private one which only your subscribers can get access to. Kajabi Knowledge Base
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
One of the reasons that make Kajabi so popular with edupreneurs is the variety of marketing and sales tools that are extremely easy and straightforward for even those who aren’t marketing experts to make use of!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A major draw for the crowd, Kajabi’s built-in E-mail marketing functions allow users to send out e-mails that are related to your course or website to your subscribers students within the comforts of the platform. However, you might be amazed by the fact that it goes beyond just send e-mails. With the help of Kajabi Automations, you get to automate sequences of emails that are triggered by different kinds of user actions. For example, when a student successfully logs into one of your courses following the checkout process, a welcome email will be sent automatically directly to the student’s inbox. If another course is not performing, an upsell is delivered to offer suggestions for improvement Kajabi Knowledge Base
You can create as many emails to the campaign you wish and schedule each of them in accordance with your preferences. You can choose which of your members gets to receive these messages. The management of e-mails has never been more comprehensive yet easy to handle. Unlike other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with e-mail marketing tools that wouldn’t have to worry about the integration with third-party platforms to make things work.
Apart from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing option which allows you to designate certain members of your group as affiliates to help in promoting your site on behalf of you. Apart from paying them a commission, you may also track their performance to determine how well they contribute to increasing your conversion rates and click rates. Kajabi Knowledge Base
Another one of Kajabi’s overall top features is its Pipeline Builder, where you get to create specialized marketing funnels with no overcomplicating problems. While other platforms have similar features that require more effort and time, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even the uninitiated can benefit from it. This feature is stunning and allows you to choose from a variety of pre-designed funnel blueprints or templates for pipelines. They include:
- Freebie – for whenever you want to offer a freebie as a lead magnet to increase your email list
- Sales Page OVO – for whenever you want to convince your target customers to purchase your product via the sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use any time you’re launching a course or another product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – to use any time you wish to promote your business through web-based seminars
- Free Book OVO is a great resource for any time you wish to showcase your content an online book for free download.
- Coaching Campaign OVO – for when you’re trying to promote your courses by means of the use of coaching sessions
- Blank plan – to use whenever you’d like to construct the sales funnel you want from the beginning
When you choose from one of the blueprints for your pipeline Kajabi instantly creates a set of pages and e-mails that you’ll need to pull off an efficient sales funnel. You can customize how you would like your sales funnel to appear to your audience. You could even alter the design of your checkout and landing pages, for example, to a different one The library is full of 40+ page templates that you can pick from.
Optional Payment Options and Price
Kajabi lets you seamlessly integrate with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal to ensure that your students can get to choose one of them to pay for your course. Stripe is a popular payment option that accepts debit and credit card transactions, as well as certain e-wallet providers across the world. PayPal is, on the other side, is an alternative for subscribers as well as multi-payment plans. There aren’t any urgent fees for transactions on the part of Kajabi since all the money you earn will be immediately transferred into your account at the banks.
When it comes to the pricing, Kajabi offers customers a variety of pricing options of options to select from. You can choose to make your student pay for services at different time frames (one-time or subscription and multi-payments) or distribute them for free. You also have the option to decide if you want to charge a set amount for a single item or for a variety of items, and set specific dates that your customers can access within a given time frame. Additionally, you can create coupons that will further encourage your audience to purchase all of your products. Kajabi Knowledge Base
Integrations to Third-Party Services
Kajabi may have a plethora of built-in tools to create and market your courses, but you also have the option of connecting to third-party applications to provide an additional boost of functions. Kajabi currently has 10 native integrations, which include the well-known analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier can be extremely helpful because it allows connections to hundreds of third-party apps and tools including e-commerce and user experience.
Training and Customer Support Resources
When it comes to customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over other platforms because it’s among the few course creation platforms that offer 24/7 live chat support. In contrast to other similar platforms that offer customer support, Kajabi’s team is always available to assist you if you’re struggling to create pages or courses, among other important issues, anytime and anywhere. It’s crucial to note that this 24/7 feature is available for instructors who subscribe to the Growth plan up to for Basic users, live Chat support can be scheduled for specific times and on certain days on weekdays. The approach of Kajabi’s customer support has been highly praised by those who utilize it to create relevant course content. Kajabi Knowledge Base
For training tools, Kajabi offers the user a range of access to access resources that you can learn and get used to. Kajabi Hero University Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, classes and informational content that are specifically targeted at educators and edupreneurs to help them gain traction or boost their position in the world of course design. Additionally, you can attend weekly Q&A-style educational webinars featuring top experts from various fields as guests, plus, if you’re looking for other information and tips, the help center is always there to guide you in the right direction. Alongside the platform’s Hero University, there is also a Kajabi Hero Rewards program, where course creators can earn many sweet perks when they reach their targets.
What Else is Missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi might be a fantastic all-in-one tool to design and sell your course material, but we have to look at a few crucial aspects that are missing. Most of them would have been extremely helpful to enhance the user experience. These are some of the things we would like to see added to Kajabi’s system in the near future:
- Built-in tools to issue certificates and credentials. Although some of them offer this option instructors using Kajabi frequently will require a connection to third-party apps that are specialized in the issue of certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we are pleased with the way that the platform handles assessments within courses, we’d like for the absence of options for question types as well as randomization of these types that is addressed as soon as possible.
- Other payment options. As of this writing there are only two options for transactions: Stripe as well as PayPal are accepted. Not only that, but we don’t understand why there are certain limits also.
- An API key that is public. This would have been useful for creating custom integrations for example, having your students who have subscribed to your service login using a single sign-in option with other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi could have the majority of the features any aspiring Edupreneur could dream of. But due to its high price plan, and the lack in features it could cause some to be turned off. If you’re seeking alternatives that have collective similarities to Kajabi in terms of reliability and performance we’ve listed a few worthy alternatives that you might think about in your decision. Kajabi Knowledge Base
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in one solutions similar to Kajabi. The only significant difference is the cost beginning at just $67 per month, you can create unlimited courses and advertise to your target audience without ever having to worry about spending a dime!
- Podia doesn’t just claim to be a creator-friendly platform. It’s also extremely simple to use, and much more user-friendly than even Kajabi! In addition, you can utilize marketing tools It’s a lot lighter than the other. But considering the very budget-friendly price range, we can understand how Podia can appeal to DIY entrepreneurs getting into the business.
- While Kajabi lacks credentials and sophisticated quiz functions, Thinkific makes up for the shortcomings. With a beginner-friendly price range It certainly has higher-end features than Kajabi, and this includes live lesson courses and an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is like Thinkific in the manner it functions. However, it is important to understand the way that Teachable can integrate additional payment options, as it accepts Google Pay and Apple Pay, two gateway services Kajabi does not have. It also lets you utilize one-on-one training and other key features.
All in all, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park for having nearly all the features that most edupreneurs can use. It does provide the essentials anyone must need including the intuitive features needed to design a professional website , to the impressive integrated marketing suite that includes the addition of simple plans for sales funnels, as well as effective marketing tools for e-mails.
There are a few instruments that aren’t there, such as the issue of certificates, in particular. Plus with a steep price tag, it may not be the wise choice for the budget-conscious. But we do understand that even though Kajabi performs great as an all-in one solution for course creation, it will always have limitations. That doesn’t stop it, however, from becoming an extremely popular choice for established business owners and creators!
If you’re still searching for an LMS that offers everything you need in one platform, Kajabi is something you must seriously think about.
FAQ Kajabi Knowledge Base
What does the word Kajabi refer to?
The word “Kajabi” is derived from a word with Islamic or Arabic origin that means “to take flight.”
Can I sell physical goods on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard classes, you can also sell physical products on Kajabi. You can also integrate with Shopify to set up a fully functioning E-commerce store using Kajabi!
Regarding marketing via e-mail, is it possible that Kajabi could take over MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already has e-mail marketing tools built within the platform, it’s logical that it’s enough to take over third-party apps such as MailChimp. However, if you wish to utilize this feature, Kajabi still allows you to integrate it with other applications too.
Is Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi also has a mobile app for you and your subscribers can access your entire course materials even when on the go. Kajabi Knowledge Base