Hundreds of learning management system (LMS) platforms offer many essential features that you can use when creating content of high quality. While there could be a lot of sites that let you make use of modern marketing tools to advertise classes to your target audience, others might not offer all of those things. While some provide easy-to-use course-building tools, there will also be few that may provide editing options that is so complicated it turns its users off.
Within the sea of online course platforms, there are a few which offer more than just the basic editing interface but also a myriad of marketing and sales functions. In addition to that they also offer almost everything you could think of such as 24/7 assistance and training materials to top-quality analytics. All-in-one platforms for courses allow you to discover the world beyond your boundaries, and one of those which can provide this is Kajabi.
A Quick Look: What is Kajabi? Kajabi Marisa Peer
Kajabi can be described as an online service that allows you to make and sell your content to your student audience. The company is advertised as an all-in-one solution that provides entrepreneurs from all aspects of their lives with the most efficient and vital features to not just create a professional site for your courses, but also allow them to grow to new heights. Kajabi is widely praised and is regarded as one of the top online courses platforms, earning an overwhelming rating with a score of 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-liked by its users? Well, there are quite numerous aspects that make this platform extremely convenient for all to use. First, it’s the ease of use. From course creation to marketing and sales the majority of Kajabi’s features can be accessible to those who are just getting started in the world of e-learning. The majority of them are advanced, giving administrating instructors the added edge over others. Additionally it allows budding entrepreneurs like you run and develop courses without having to travel elsewhere in case something is missing. Kajabi has all the available tools that anyone could require in order to live up its ‘one stop shop’ moniker.
What Does It Let You Do?
There are a variety of options that Kajabi allows you to create an all-in-one e-learning solution. We’ve compiled a list, in bullets of the most important features that you may want to keep an eye on in the event you’re considering the option. Simply put, Kajabi lets you:
- Create engaging and interactive courses with a wide array of customizing tools including media files, templates you can select according to your preference;
- Create a professional website that can house your course contents and materials and a blog where you can keep your students up-to-date on what else is new;
- Make the most of landing pages, checkout pages, and other methods to increase your profits, further your reach beyond the limits and increase conversion rates;
- Select the method you want to charge your courses and other products for your students, whether it’s a one-time payment or a monthly subscription;
- Design and build effective sales funnels without any issues by making use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Make use of its internal marketing and analytics suite that includes e-mail marketing as well as CRM and automation tools;
- Set up and manage your affiliate links.
- Explore an array of customer service, community and training tools, with the addition of the Kajabi University feature.
Big Names That Have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is used and trusted by more than 16,000 organizations and big-name personalities. It’s the choice of several well-known personalities that are from various industries, such as the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is home to thousands upon thousands of courses, accessed and explored by over 35 million students from all over the world. At the time of time of writing Kajabi is generating more than $650million in sales since its inception in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing options that Kajabi provides are very different than other online course creation tools in that they’re much more expensive. With monthly prices that start at as low as $119 it’s not surprising that this might be an issue for those who be interested in giving Kajabi a go. However, when you consider the number of features that are included in every plan, the price is logically reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin with the Basic plan that costs $149 per month or $119/mo for billing annually. In this plan, you are able to design three products, gain up to 1 000 active clients, and design your own website you can create with the tools offered by the platform. Additionally, you get unlimited pages for landing websites, indefinite marketing e-mails and access to unlimited useful resources, such as one-on-one customer support as well as Kajabi University.
Apart from basic plans, there’s the Growth plan that happens to be Kajabi’s most popular plan at $199 a month or $159/mo if paid annually, as well as the Pro plan, which costs $399 per month or $319/month yearly that is loaded with all the features you’d like when you are making and selling your courses. Kajabi currently does not offer any free plans. But a 14-day free trial is available for all three plans. A trial extension that runs for up to 30 days also available on certain blogs, so if you’re looking to test the waters and determine if Kajabi is the right choice for you, the limited trial period is the ideal option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Love About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s marketing suite in-house of tools, which includes automated e-mail marketing, and automation are designed to be optimized for business, and it isn’t necessary to integrate with other third-party services for this!
- The software for sales funnels. Another of the most popular features on the platform, the Pipeline Builder. Pipeline Builder lets you make use of well-tested and understandable blueprint templates – no need to be overly complicated!
- The ability to customize without limitations. From creating professional-looking course websites up to the customized name, Kajabi lets you customize according to your own preferences – and even build your brand from scratch.
- The easy and intuitive website as well as course editor. Making content using the site and course builders hasn’t been this easy and quick, as it takes less time and effort to complete the task.
- Infinite integrations. Aside from native integrations to the ten marketing, e-commerce and analytics solutions, connecting to Zapier’s app lets you to explore and choose among more than a thousand non-native platforms for better effectiveness.
- Building worthwhile relationships with your students and instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature lets you interact with students who are enrolled in your classes. It also lets you network, connect, and celebrate with a multitude of teachers who happen to be in the same position as you.
The Cons – What We Don’t Like
- The steep pricing plans. Three pricing options offered by Kajabi cost more than the average monthly rates that other providers offer. There’s not a free option neither.
- There are no built-in tools for issuance of certificates. You may need to connect to a third party certificate application if you intend to create custom-made ones that are of different types.
- There aren’t enough tools to facilitate student-instructor engagement. We don’t appreciate the lack of some particular tools, such as proper discussion forums and the ability to randomize tests or assignments. Kajabi Marisa Peer
The Review of Kajabi’s features
User-Friendliness and Experience
One thing we like one thing we like about Kajabi is its surprisingly simple user experience. One of the reasons is that the users interface (UI) is structured. If you may notice on the screen menu, you’ll find that all the features are divided into five major sections – Website Products, Sales, Marketing and People. The design of the menu does not allow for clutter, as some features that are related to specific sections are able to be collapsed. The UI style is very uniform and reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-one” trademark. You can build an online landing page, change your course, and even interact with your fellow instructors on the same site.
The search assistant is a tool that comes in handy whenever you want to look for something that is hard to find. The Kajabi Assistant is located at the top of the dashboard in the form of a search bar, it allows you to search for items and tools within the site by typing in the words. Like we said, both Kajabi’s courses and site builder sections can be dragged and dropped and make the process much easier without having to know how to navigate it. Kajabi is more user-friendly and has a less arduous learning curve compared to several of its peers. It also supports multiple languages other that English for those who want to expose your content to broader audience.
Course Design and Engagement
Once you explore Kajabi’s course creation function, you may soon encounter a list of templates for courses or products, or what the platform calls it, blueprints. Each blueprint for a product is different in its structure and style and can be customized to meet the needs of any instructor.
The blueprints listed are Mini Courses as well as Online Courses as well as Drip Courses. Mini Courses are quick-form courses that are usually created as a way to build brand value, while Online Courses are full-version types that have a complete structure of content created to offer a “world-class” education experience. Drip courses on the other hand, are programs which are planned over a set series of days or weeks. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s an efficient method to distribute your content if you or your students are busy working on other projects.
Kajabi might be regarded by many as a renowned premium course maker. But, aside from the course types, the product blueprints also allow you to create a membership space for your members to enjoy exclusive content and a coaching session lasting 12 weeks. There’s also a blank template where you can create a course or product from scratch!
Categories, Posts, and Content Uploads
As you further explore the course builder you will notice an outline of sections and lessons that were automatically included when you select any of the course blueprints. In Kajabi’s case, those segments and classes are known as categories and posts, respectively. The posts are where you can insert different kinds of content, such as text, video and images, whereas the categories serve as folders where the posts are kept.
You can also include subcategories for posts in a category if you want to structure your content flexibly. You can also alter the outline by dragging it around. Kajabi accepts a broad range of media and text files that can be used to add to your posts, such as MP4 and MOV files, MP3 and WAV files, PDFs, and even Word documents. Upload all of them directly from your computer folders or via cloud-based file sharing platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can also copy and paste existing URLs for your videos into your posts!
As with a handful of other platform for making courses, Kajabi allows you to utilize the bulk upload feature. As the name suggests it allows you to upload all your files to your courses on one tab. This can be useful especially when you’re doing other important stuff.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi provides a selection of more than 10 course player themes. Unlike other LMS platforms that only allow you to be offered the choice of one or three themes, Kajabi lets you have the freedom to choose several themes to suit various products. Like the outline maker, it’s easy to customize any of the themes to suit your personal style. It is possible to incorporate specifics that represent your brand, such as the logo, images, and font design into the course player to add a an individual touch. Kajabi Marisa Peer
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi includes a quiz function called Assessments. It allows you to design and create assignments and quizzes and then add them to the course of your class. Assessments can be a great way to assess whether your students have learned something from the course you’ve taught them. With the assessments feature, you can select from three main question types: multiple-choice, multi-selection, or paragraph-style. You can also set an acceptable score to encourage your students to be more engaged with your content.
In addition in addition, in addition, the LMS site has also made strides in providing spaces for students and teachers to communicate. With the Community feature, your learners are given access to comment and interact with all of your courses on their dashboards. You can even write in your posts to discuss with your fellow students about your previous lessons and also your future content. The community feature is available either as a standalone item or as a an element of membership space.
Website Design and Customizability
Why share your course contents with your domain name or WordPress site when Kajabi has the platform and the tools to build one on the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting on 3 pricing options. The best part is that you’re guaranteed instant safety and security with the automatic SSL certification and a team to help maintain your website.
You’re also given the liberty to modify your domain as well as pick from a wide array of premium, unique themes, which you can personalize to your heart’s content! The possibilities don’t end there: if you’re an expert edupreneur and are a member of the Growth plan or higher, you get to download custom-designed themes designed to fit your ever-expanding needs and also take away any Kajabi branding and replace it with your custom-designed theme!
Similar to the course builder we’ve mentioned previously, Kajabi’s page builders allows you to alter any of the available themes for websites using a set of user-friendly and intuitive editing tools. After further exploration, you will be greeted with customizable sets of blocks and sections. They’re similar to the categories and posts we discussed when we’ve talked about how to build courses. Blocks are referred to as the elements that compose the content of the website including text, media files, or clickable icons. Sections on the other hand are formed by a variety of neatly-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 pre-designed sections templates that you can choose from the page builder’s dashboard. As we’re all glued to our smartphones and tablets nowadays it’s logical for Kajabi to have your website automatically adjust to a mobile-friendly layout. You can go an extra mile by picking the elements of your website you want members to see. With all the tools you need to build your site as you wish it to look Kajabi’s page builders are not just extremely flexible, but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not provide this feature, but Kajabi allows you to make a section of your website specifically for your blog. There, you can post comments and updates on your course content. If you’re looking to get the most out of your Kajabi-created website, the service provides you an area where you can do so without limits. Start by creating the blog post by creating one with Text Editor. You may incorporate SEO elements if you’d like to have a wider reach, group your posts into various categories, and even customize how you would like your blog’s entire section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging features might not be on the same level as WordPress or Blogspot However, it comes with enough tools to be manageable. Additionally, you can also create podcasts to promote on your site. You may upload recordings of your podcast to be hosted on your website and distributed to the major podcasting platforms like iTunes Podcasts as well as Spotify. When you upload an episode of your podcast there are two choices: publish it as a public podcast for free or make an exclusive private podcast which only your subscribers can get access to. Kajabi Marisa Peer
Marketing and Sales
Part of what makes Kajabi so popular with edupreneurs is the variety of marketing and sales tools that are highly user-friendly and easy for even those who aren’t marketing experts to use!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A huge draw among the masses, Kajabi’s built-in E-mail marketing functions allow you to send emails about your course and website to your subscribers students from the comfort of the platform. However, you might be amazed by the fact that it goes beyond just send e-mails. With the aid with Kajabi Automations, you get to create automated sequences of e-mails that are triggered by various user actions. For instance, if your student successfully logs into one of your courses after checkout, a welcome e-mail will be sent automatically to their inbox. If another underperforms the course, an upsell will be delivered to offer suggestions for improvement Kajabi Marisa Peer
You are able to create as many e-mails for your campaign as you like and then schedule them in accordance to your preference. You can also choose which members of your group are eligible to receive those messages. Managing e-mails has never been so comprehensive yet easy to handle. Contrary to other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with marketing tools for e-mails. You don’t require connecting to other third-party platforms in order to make it work.
In addition, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing function where you get to assign certain members of your group as affiliates to help promote your content on behalf of your company. Apart from paying them a commission, you may also track their performance to see how well they contribute to increasing your conversion rates and click rates. Kajabi Marisa Peer
Another of Kajabi’s top features can be the Pipeline Builder, where you can create custom marketing funnels with no overcomplicating difficulties. While other platforms have similar features that require more effort and time, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be so quick and easy that even beginners can make better use of it. This stunning feature lets you select from a set of pre-made funnel templates or pipeline blueprints. These include the following:
- Freebie – for whenever you’d like to offer a freebie as a lead magnet to build your list
- Sales Page OVO – to use when you need to persuade your audience to buy your product through the sales page
- Product Launch OVO – for when you’re launching courses or other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – to use whenever you want to promote your product via web workshops
- Free Book OVO – for any time you wish to showcase your content an online book for free download.
- Coaching Campaign OVO – for whenever you’re promoting your courses through a series of coaching sessions
- Blank blueprint – for whenever you want to build the sales funnel you want from the starting
Once you select from any of the blueprints for a pipeline Kajabi instantly creates a set of pages and e-mails that you’ll require to create an efficient sales funnel. You can customize how you wish your funnel to appear to your target audience. You may even change the theme of your checkout and landing pages, for example, to a different one – there is a library with more than 40 page templates that you can select from.
Payment and Pricing Options
Kajabi allows you to integrate seamlessly with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal to ensure that your students can get to choose between the two to pay for your courses. Stripe is the common payment option that accepts debit and credit card transactions, as well as select e-wallet providers all over the world. PayPal is, on the other side, is an alternative for subscribers and multi-payment plans. There are no pressing transaction fees on Kajabi’s part since all the money you earn are immediately sent to your bank account.
For the pricing, Kajabi provides an array of options for you to choose from. You can make your student pay for services at various dates (one-time or subscription and multi-payments) or hand them out to them for free. You also have the option to select if you’re going to charge a specific amount for a specific item or for a variety of products, as well as establish specific dates for your students can access your products within a specific timeframe. You can also create coupons that will further encourage your target audience to buy all of your products. Kajabi Marisa Peer
Integrations with Third-Party Services
Kajabi may have a plethora of built-in tools to make and market your courses however, you also can connect to third-party applications to provide an added boost in functionality. Kajabi currently has the integration of ten natively-built integrations, such as the popular analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier comes in very handy since it allows you to establish connections with hundreds of other third-party applications and tools, ranging from e-commerce to user experience.
Training and Customer Support Resources
When it comes to customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over its competitors because it’s among the few course creation platforms that offer 24/7 live chat support. In contrast to other similar platforms, Kajabi’s customer support team is always ready to help you whenever you’re having difficulties in creating pages or courses, among other important issues, anytime and wherever. It’s crucial to note that this 24/7 feature is available for instructors who are subscribed to the Growth plan and above – for Basic users live chat support is scheduled at certain times and days of the week. Nonetheless, Kajabi’s approach to customer service has been well-received by those who utilize it to create relevant courses. Kajabi Marisa Peer
As for training tools, Kajabi offers you a variety of ways to resources that you can master and then become proficient with. The Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses, and informative content especially designed for educators and edupreneurs who want to get started or increase their standing in the course creation world. Additionally, you can attend daily Q+A educational webinars with top experts from various disciplines as guest speakers, and, if you’re looking for more information and tips assistance, the help section will be there to help you on your way. Apart from the platform’s Hero University, there is an additional Kajabi Hero Rewards program, where course creators can earn many sweet perks when they reach their goals.
What Else is Missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi might be a fantastic all-in-one solution to create and sell your course material However, we need to take care of a few essential things that are not being addressed. The majority of these would be extremely useful to enhance the user experience. Below are the items we’d like to see included in Kajabi’s system soon:
- Built-in tools to issue certificates and other credentials. While some offer this feature instructors who utilize Kajabi frequently will require a connection to third-party applications that specialize in issuing certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we may appreciate the platform’s handling of assessments within the course, we would like that the absence of options for question types and the randomization of those types and their randomization to be resolved as quickly as possible.
- Additional payment options. As of the moment only transactions made through Stripe or PayPal can be accepted. In addition, we don’t appreciate how there are limits too.
- An API key that is public. This would have been useful for creating custom integrations for example, the ability to let your subscribers sign in using the single sign-in option with other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi may have essentially most of the features an edupreneur could ever dream of. However, due to the high cost plan and a plethora in features it could turn some people off. If you’re looking for alternatives that share collective similarities with Kajabi with regards to performance and reliability We’ve provided a list of worthy competitors that you may want to consider when making your choice. Kajabi Marisa Peer
- New Zenler is an online course platform that offers all-in-one services similar to Kajabi. The only significant difference is the cost beginning at just $67 per month, you can create unlimited courses and advertise your course to the right audience without worrying about the cost!
- Podia isn’t just claiming to be creator-friendly. It’s also extremely easy to use, much easier than even Kajabi! While you get to make use of marketing features, it’s much lighter than the other. With the extremely affordable cost we can understand the ways Podia is a great choice for individuals who are just starting out in the business.
- While Kajabi lacks credentials and advanced quiz features, Thinkific makes up for these features. With a beginner-friendly price range It certainly has more industry-level functions than Kajabi, and this includes live-taught courses as well as a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is like Thinkific in the manner it works. However, it is important to understand the way that Teachable can integrate additional payment options, as it accepts Google Pay and Apple Pay, two gateway services Kajabi doesn’t have. You can also avail one-on-one training and other key features.
All in all, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park for providing nearly all of the tools that most entrepreneurs utilize. It sure does offer the essentials anyone must need to be able to create a professional-looking website , to the impressive integrated marketing suite that includes the inclusion of easy-to-understand plans for sales funnels, as well as effective marketing tools for e-mails.
There are a few tools missing, such as the issuance of certificates specifically. Also, with its high cost, it might not be the right choice for the budget-conscious. However, we understand that while Kajabi is well in being an all-in-one solution for creating courses, it will always have limits. It doesn’t hinder it, but it is a popular choice among established business owners and creators!
If you’re still searching for an LMS that can provide everything you require on one platform, Kajabi is something you must seriously think about.
FAQ Kajabi Marisa Peer
What does the word Kajabi translate to?
The word “Kajabi” originates from a word of Islamic or Arabic origin, which translates to “to take flight.”
Can I sell physical goods on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard programs, you can sell physical items on Kajabi. You can also join with Shopify to build a fully functional online store on the platform!
In terms of e-mail marketing is it possible Kajabi could replace MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already has e-mail marketing tools built within the platform, it makes sense that it’s adequate to replace third-party applications like MailChimp. However, if you want to use it, Kajabi still allows you to integrate it with other apps as well.
Is Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has an app for mobile devices to ensure that you and your subscribers can access your entire course content even when you’re on the go. Kajabi Marisa Peer