A myriad of learning management systems (LMS) platforms offer various crucial features that you can utilize whenever you create meaningful content. Although there are plenty of sites that let you make use of advanced marketing tools to advertise the courses you offer to your target viewers, other platforms might not provide all the features. While some provide easy-to-use course-building tools, there will also be few that may offer editing features that are so complex that they turn off their users.
Among a sea of e-course platforms, there are a few that offer not just a simple editing interface, but also an array of sales and marketing functions. Additionally they also offer nearly everything you’d ever want such as 24/7 assistance and training resources to top-notch analytics. All-in-one course platforms let you discover the world beyond your boundaries, and one of those that provide it is Kajabi.
A Quick Look Kajabi: What exactly is Kajabi? Kajabi Member Directory
Kajabi can be described as an online service that allows you to create and sell your courses to an student audience. It is marketed as a complete service that provides entrepreneurs from all aspects of their lives with the most efficient and essential features needed to not only create a professional website for your courses but help them rise to higher levels. Kajabi has been critically acclaimed and regarded as one of the top online courses platforms, earning an overwhelmingly positive score from 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-liked among its users? It’s true that there are many reasons that make the platform very convenient for everyone to use. It’s first and foremost the simplicity of usage. From course creation all the way to marketing almost all of Kajabi’s features are designed to be easily accessible to those who are only beginning to get started in the world of online courses. The majority of them are advanced, which gives instructors who administer the course an advantage over the rest. Lastly this allows students such as you manage and build a course-making business without having to travel elsewhere in case something isn’t available. Kajabi offers all the tools anyone may need, living up its ‘one stop shop label.
What does it let you do? Do?
There are numerous options that Kajabi allows you to create an all-in-one e-learning solution. We’ve made a list in bullets of the key features that you may want to be aware of if you’re considering the option. In essence, Kajabi allows you:
- Create interactive and engaging classes using a range of tools for customizing including media files, templates that you can choose in accordance with your personal preferences.
- Create a visually appealing website to house your course contents and materials along with blogs to keep your students informed about the latest developments;
- Efficiently make use of websites, landing pages and checkout sites, and other methods to boost the profits you earn, extend your reach to the limit and boost conversion rates;
- Decide how you would like to invoice your courses or other items to your students – whether it’s a one-time fee or a monthly subscription
- Design and build effective sales funnels without any issues by making use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Utilize its in-house marketing and analytics suite that includes the ability to send out e-mails, CRM, and automation tools;
- Manage and create your affiliate links; and
- Explore a wide variety of community and training tools and features, including Kajabi University.
The Big Names Who Have Utilized Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted by over 16,000 businesses and famous personalities. Kajabi is the preferred choice of several well-known personalities who come from different industries, such as online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard and fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi hosts thousands of courses accessed and explored by over 35 million students all over the world. As of this time of writing Kajabi has generated over $650 million in sales since its establishment in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing plans Kajabi provides are different than other online course-making services in that they’re more costly. With monthly prices that start at as low as $119 it’s no wonder that this might be an issue for those who might want to give Kajabi a go. With the abundance of essential features already packed within each plan, pricing is reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start with the Basic plan that costs $149 per month or $119/month when billed annually. This plan lets you can create three products, gain a maximum of 1,000 active customers, and make your own website you can create with the tools offered by Kajabi’s platform. Included are unlimited pages for landing pages, unlimited marketing e-mails as well as unlimited access to helpful resources, including one-on-one customer support as well as Kajabi University.
In addition to basic plans, there’s the Growth plan, which happens to be the most sought-after plan on the platform at $199 a month or $159/month if you pay annually, as well as the Pro plan at $399 monthly or $319/month yearly that is loaded to the brim with all the features you could ask for when you are designing and selling your course. Kajabi does not currently offer any free plans. There is however a fourteen-day free trial is available for each of the three plans. An extended trial that lasts up to 30 days is offered on select blogs, so if you’re looking to try the service and see if Kajabi’s the best choice for you, the short trial offer is the best way to go.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Love About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s own marketing suite of tools, such as e-mail marketing and automation, are designed for businesses, so you won’t need to integrate with any other third-party service for this!
- The software that creates sales funnels. Another one of the platform’s best-selling points, the sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of tested and understandable blueprint templates – no need to get too complicated!
- The ability to customize without limitations. From the creation of professional-looking courses up to the customized domain, Kajabi lets you customize according to your own preferences – and even build your brand from the ground up.
- The user-friendly and simple site as well as course editor. Making content using the site and course builder software has never been this easy and quick, as it requires less time and effort to finish the job.
- Unlimited integrations. In addition to native integrations that integrate with ten e-commerce, marketing, and analytics services, connection to Zapier’s app lets you to explore and choose among more than a thousand non-native platforms that can improve your efficiency.
- Establishing meaningful relationships with students and fellow instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature lets you connect with students enrolled in any of your courses. You can also network, connect, and celebrate with tons of teachers who happen to be in the same position as you.
The Cons – What We Don’t Like
- The steep pricing plans. The three plans offered by Kajabi are higher than the average monthly rate offered by other services. There’s no free plan available as well.
- There is no built-in tool to issue certificates. You might need to connect to a third-party certificate app if you plan to make custom-designed certificates of different kinds.
- There aren’t enough tools to facilitate student-instructor engagement. We don’t appreciate the lack of specific tools, such as appropriate discussion forums as well as the ability to randomly assign the assignments or quizzes. Kajabi Member Directory
An Overview of the Kajabi Features
Easy of Use and Experience
One thing we love about Kajabi is the surprisingly easy user experience. For one, most of the users interface (UI) is organized. If you may notice on the dashboard menu, you will notice that all features are arranged into five main sections: Website, Products, Sales, Marketing, and People. The layout of the menu does not allow for obstruction, since some of the aspects that belong to the specific section can be collapsed. The UI layout is very consistent and reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-one” hallmark. You can build your own landing page, alter your course and communicate with your instructors through one website.
It has a search assistant tool that comes in handy whenever you want to look for something that is difficult to find. The Kajabi Assistant is found at the top part of the dashboard in the form of a search bar and allows you to search for tools and items on the site by typing in the keywords. As previously mentioned the courses and site builder sections can be moved and dropped and make the process much easier without the need to know how to navigate the site. Kajabi is more user-friendly and has a less arduous learning curve compared to several of its peers. It is also compatible with other languages that English in case you want to share your content with broader viewers.
Course Development and Engagement
When you go through Kajabi’s course creation feature, you’ll quickly come across a variety of course or product templates or, as the platform refers to them, blueprints. Each of the blueprints for products is different in its structure and style and can be customized to meet the needs of any instructor.
The blueprints listed are Mini Courses and Online Courses as well as Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form quick courses which are generally designed in order to increase the brand’s value, whereas online Courses are full-version versions that have a complete structure of content that are designed to provide an “world-class” educational experience. Drip courses, on the other hand, are courses that are scheduled over a set series of weeks or days. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s a much more convenient method to distribute your content when you and your students are busy with other things.
Kajabi is known to many as a well-known premium course maker. However, in addition to the courses, the blueprints let you create a membership space that allows your customers to access exclusive content as well as a coaching session lasting 12 weeks. The template is also blank that allows you to create a course or product completely from the ground up!
Categories Posts, Categories, as well as Content Uploads
When you explore the course builder, you will notice an outline of sections and lessons that were automatically added if you choose one of the blueprints for your course. In the case of Kajabi, these segments and classes are referred to as groups and posts or. Posts are the places where you can insert different types of content such as text, video images, and text, while the categories serve as folders in which the posts are stored.
You may also incorporate subcategories of posts within a category if you want to organize your content more flexiblely. You may also move and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a broad range of media and text files that can be used to add to your posts, such as MP4 and MOV files, WAV and MP3 files PDFs and Word documents. You can upload all of them directly via your computer’s folders, or file-sharing cloud platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can also duplicate and paste URLs of your video to your posts!
Like several other platform for making courses, Kajabi allows you to utilize the feature of bulk uploads. Like the name implies that you can upload all your files to your courses in the same tab. This can be useful especially when you’re working on other things.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi offers a lineup of over 10 themes for courses. Unlike other LMS platforms where you’re only given the option to choose the theme you want to use, Kajabi lets you have the freedom to choose different themes for different products. Like the outline creator, it’s simple to alter any theme to match your preferences. You can also incorporate elements of your company’s image including logos or images as well as font design into the course player to add a your own personal style. Kajabi Member Directory
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi includes a quiz function called Assessments that allows you to make quizzes and assignments and include them as part of your course. Assessments are an effective way to determine if your students learned something from the lessons you’ve provided them. With the assessment feature, you can choose from three different types of questions: multiple-choice multiple-selection, and paragraph-style. You can even create an acceptable score to encourage your students to engage with your content.
Aside from that in addition, the LMS website has made progress in providing spaces for teachers and students to communicate. With the Community feature, your students are able to interact and comment on any of your courses via their dashboards. You can also write your posts to discuss with the rest of them your previous lessons and your upcoming content. The community feature is available as a separate item or as a component of your member space.
Website Design and Customization
Why would you want to publish your course content with your domain name as well as WordPress website when Kajabi offers the platform and tools you need to create one within the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting for three pricing plans. What’s great about this is you’re guaranteed instant security and security through an automatic SSL certification and an experienced team of experts to maintain your site.
Additionally, you have the freedom to personalize your domain and also pick from a wide array of professional, one-of-a-kind themes that you can personalize to your liking! This doesn’t stop there. If you’re an expert edupreneur and have signed up to the Growth plan and above, you get to use custom-designed themes that are built to fit your ever-expanding needs and also eliminate any Kajabi brand names and then replace it with your own!
Just like the course builder we’ve mentioned earlier, Kajabi’s page builder lets you modify any of the available themes on the website using a variety of intuitive and easy-to-handle editing tools. After further exploration you’ll be presented with customizable sets of blocks and sections. They’re similar to post categories, and categories we discussed when we’ve talked about the course builder. Blocks are the elements that compose the content of the website which includes media files, text as well as clickable button. Sections are, however, are formed by multiple well-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 preset sections templates that you can pick from the dashboard of the page builder. As we’re all glued to our smartphones and small tablets nowadays, it makes total sense for Kajabi to make your website automatically adjust to a mobile-friendly layout. You can even go the extra mile by picking the elements of your website you want for your members to see. With all the tools you need to make your site look how you would like it to appear the page builder from Kajabi is not only super flexible but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Useful Website Features
Other LMS platforms might not offer this feature, however Kajabi allows you to create an area on your site specifically for your blog. There, you can post information and comments on your course content. If you’re looking to get the most of your Kajabi-made site, the service provides you an area where you can publish your content without restriction. You can get started with your blog posts by creating one using an editor for text. It is possible to include SEO elements if you wish to have a wider reach and organize your blog posts into different categories, and even alter the way you want your entire blog section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging capabilities may not be as up to par as WordPress or Blogspot, but it has enough tools to be manageable. You can also create podcasts that you could promote on your website. You can upload audio recordings of your podcasts to be hosted on the website and distributed to major podcast listening platforms such as the Apple Podcasts platform and Spotify. When uploading an episode of your podcast you can choose between two options: either release it as a public podcast free of charge or create an exclusive private one that only your members are able to access. Kajabi Member Directory
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
A big part of what makes Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is its array of sales and marketing tools that are extremely user-friendly and easy to even non- marketing experts to make use of!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A big draw among the crowd, Kajabi’s built-in email marketing feature allows you to send emails related to your course and websites to your members who are subscribed students while seated on the platform. You might be surprised that it can do more than sending e-mails. With the help with Kajabi Automations, you get to create automated sequences of emails that are triggered by different kinds of user actions. For example, when a student successfully logs into one of your classes after checking out, a welcome message will be automatically delivered to their inbox. If the course performs poorly then an upsell message is delivered to offer suggestions for improvement Kajabi Member Directory
You are able to create as many e-mails for your campaign as you want and then schedule them in accordance to your preference. You can also choose which of your members gets to receive these messages. E-mail management has never been this extensive and yet simple to manage. Contrary to other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with tools for marketing e-mails that you will not require integrating with other third-party platforms to make things work.
Apart from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing feature where you get to assign some of your members as affiliates who can help promote your content on your behalf. Apart from paying them a commission and monitoring their performance to gauge how well they contribute to boosting your conversion and click rates. Kajabi Member Directory
Another one of Kajabi’s overall notable features is its Pipeline Builder, where you can create custom marketing funnels without a lot of issues. While other platforms offer similar features that require much more time and effort and effort, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even beginners can make better use of it. This amazing feature lets you choose from a collection of pre-made funnel templates or pipeline blueprints. They include:
- Freebies are great for when you’d like to offer an offer as a lead magnet to grow your email list
- Sales Page OVO – for any time you wish to persuade your public to buy your product by utilizing the sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use whenever you’re launching a course or any other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO is a great option for any time you wish to promote your products through web training seminars
- Free Book OVO is a great resource for whenever you want to showcase your content a free downloadable digital book
- Coaching Campaign OVO is for when you’re trying to promote your classes through a series of coaching sessions
- Blank blueprint – for whenever you’re looking to create your sales funnel from the starting
Once you select from any of the blueprints for a pipeline, Kajabi automatically creates pages and e-mails that you’ll have to put together to make an effective sales funnel. You can alter the way you want your pipeline to look to your customers. You can even alter the design of your checkout and landing pages, for instance changing the design to a different theme The library is filled with 40+ page templates that you can pick from.
Payment and Pricing Options
Kajabi lets you integrate seamlessly with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal so that your students are able to select one of them to pay for your courses. Stripe is a popular payment option that allows debit and credit card transactions as well as select e-wallet providers all over the world. PayPal, on the other hand, is available as an alternative for subscribers and multi-payment plans. There aren’t any urgent transaction fees on Kajabi’s part, as all your earnings will be immediately transferred to your bank account.
In terms of pricing options, Kajabi provides an array of options for you of pricing options. You can either make your student pay for services at various time frames (one-time, subscription, and several payments) or hand them out to them for free. You can also choose to select if you’re going to charge a specified price for one product or multiple products, and set specific dates that your students can access your products within a given time frame. You can also create coupons that will further encourage your customers to purchase the products you offer. Kajabi Member Directory
Integrations to Third-Party Services
Kajabi may have a plethora of built-in tools to make and market your courses However, you can connect to third-party applications to provide an added boost in functionality. The platform is currently able to support the integration of ten natively-built integrations, such as the popular analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier comes in very handy as it helps establish connections with hundreds of other tools and third-party apps from e-commerce to user experience.
Training and Customer Support Resources
In terms of customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over its competitors because it’s one of the few course creation platforms which provide 24/7 live chat assistance. Unlike some similar services that offer customer support, Kajabi’s team is always ready to assist you if you encounter difficulties creating an online course or website, in addition to other important issues, anytime and wherever. It’s crucial to note that this 24 hour service is only available to instructors who subscribe to the Growth plan and above – for basic users Live Chat support can be scheduled for certain times and times of the week. Nonetheless, Kajabi’s approach to customer service has been well-received by many of the instructors who use it to create useful course content. Kajabi Member Directory
As for tools for training, Kajabi gives the user a range of access to access resources that you can master and become familiar with. Its Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses and educational content specifically designed for educators and edupreneurs to help them gain traction or boost their position in the course creation world. Additionally, you can attend every day Q&A webinars that feature top experts from various disciplines as guest speakers, and when you’re looking for more advice and tricks, the help center will be there to help you in the right direction. Alongside the platform’s Hero University, there is Kajabi’s Hero Rewards program in which course creators can earn numerous sweet rewards when they meet their goals.
What else is missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi may be a great all-in-one solution to create and market your course content, but we have to look at a few crucial aspects that aren’t being addressed. The majority of these would be extremely useful in improving the experience. These are some of the things that we wish would be included in the Kajabi system shortly:
- Built-in tools that issue certificates and certificates. While some offer this feature, instructors who use Kajabi often will still need to connect to third-party applications which specialize in issuance of certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we appreciate the platform’s handling of assessments within courses, we’d like that the absence of different types of questions – plus randomization of said types that is addressed as soon as possible.
- Other payment options. At the time of writing there are only two options for transactions: Stripe or PayPal will be accepted. In addition, we don’t appreciate how there are certain limits also.
- An API key that is public. This could have been helpful in making custom integrations, for example, having your students who have subscribed to your service login using a single sign-in option in other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi could have the majority of the features an edupreneur could ever dream of. But with the steep price plan and a plethora in terms of functionality, the site might cause some to be turned off. If you’re looking for alternatives that share commonalities to Kajabi in terms of performance and reliability we’ve listed a few worthy competitors that you may think about in making your choice. Kajabi Member Directory
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in-one solutions similar to Kajabi. The only major difference is the cost that starts at $67/month You are able to create unlimited courses and market to your audience of choice without worrying about breaking the bank!
- Podia does not just claim to be user-friendly. It’s also very easy to use, and much more user-friendly than even Kajabi! While you get to make use of marketing features It’s a lot lighter than the other. But considering the very budget-friendly cost we can imagine how Podia can appeal to those who want to start their own business.
- While Kajabi isn’t a reputable platform and lacks advanced quiz features, Thinkific makes up for them. With a price that is affordable for beginners and a wide range of features, it certainly offers higher-end features than Kajabi which includes live lessons and an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is like Thinkific in the way it works. However, it is important to understand the way that Teachable can integrate additional payment options, as it accepts Google Pay and Apple Pay, two gateway services Kajabi is not able to offer. It also lets you utilize one-on-one coaching and other core features.
All in all, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park by providing nearly all of the tools that most entrepreneurs utilize. It does provide all the features you need to be able to build a professional-looking web pages to the fantastic built-in marketing suite with the addition of simple plans for sales funnels, as well as effective e-mail marketing tools.
There are a few tools missing, such as the issuance of certificates specifically. With a high cost, it might not be the best choice for the budget-conscious. But we do understand that while Kajabi is great as an all-in one solution for creating courses, it will always have limits. It doesn’t hinder it, however, from becoming an extremely popular choice for established creators and businesses!
If you’re still looking for an LMS that gives you all you require in one place, Kajabi is something you should strongly look into.
FAQ Kajabi Member Directory
What does the word Kajabi translate to?
The term “Kajabi” is derived from a word of Islamic (or Arabic origin which means “to take flight.”
Can I sell physical goods on Kajabi?
Yes! In addition to the normal courses, you can also sell physical items on Kajabi. You can also join with Shopify to build a fully functional E-commerce store using the platform!
In terms of e-mail marketing is it possible Kajabi can replace MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already has E-mail marketing tools integrated into the platform, it’s logical that it’s adequate to replace third-party programs like MailChimp. However, if you wish to utilize it, Kajabi still allows you to integrate it with other applications too.
Is Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has a mobile app for you and the members who have subscribed can access all your course content even when you’re on the go. Kajabi Member Directory