Many learning management system (LMS) platforms offer many important features you can use when creating content of high quality. Although there are plenty of sites that let you make use of modern marketing tools to advertise classes to your intended audience, some may not have most of those things. While some provide easy-to-use course-building tools, there will also be some that provide editing options that is so complicated they turn off their users.
In the sea of e-course platforms There are a handful which offer more than just an easy editing interface, but also a myriad of sales and marketing functions. Additionally, they also provide you with nearly everything you’d ever want such as 24/7 assistance and training materials to top-quality analytics. All-in-one courses let you discover the world beyond your boundaries One of them which can provide this is Kajabi.
At a Glance: How do you define Kajabi? Kajabi Membership Site Example
Kajabi can be described as an online service that lets you develop and market your courses to an audience of students. Branded as an all-in-one service, Kajabi provides edupreneurs from all aspects of their lives with the most efficient and vital features to not just create a professional website for your courses but help them rise to higher levels. Kajabi is widely praised and considered to be one of the top online learning platforms, with an overwhelmingly positive rating from 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-received by its users? Well, there are quite numerous factors that make this platform extremely convenient for all to utilize. It’s first and foremost the user-friendliness. From course creation all the way to marketing, nearly all of the Kajabi features have been designed so that they are accessible to those who are only beginning to get started in the world of e-learning. The majority of them are advanced, giving instructors an edge over others. Lastly, it lets budding entrepreneurs like you run and develop courses without having to travel elsewhere in case something isn’t available. Kajabi offers all the tools anyone may need and is a true testament the ‘one-stop-shop name.
What Can It Do? Do?
There are a variety of options that Kajabi allows you to use as an all-in-one online course solution. We’ve made a list in bullet points, of its important characteristics that you might want to be aware of when you’re thinking about using it. Simply put, Kajabi lets you:
- Create engaging and interactive courses using a variety of customizable tools such as media files, templates that you can pick in accordance with your personal preferences.
- Build a presentable website to display your course materials and products and blogs to keep your students informed about what’s new.
- Efficiently make use of the landing page, checkout pages, and other ways to improve your earnings, expand your reach over the boundaries and boost conversion rates.
- Choose how you wish to bill your courses and other products for your students, whether it’s a one-time fee or a subscription for a month;
- Design and build effective sales funnels without any issues by making use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Use its own marketing and analytics software with email marketing as well as CRM and automation tools;
- Set up and manage your affiliate links, and
- Explore a variety of community, and training resources and features, including the Kajabi University feature.
Big Names That Have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted by more than 16,000 companies and celebrities. It’s the go-to choice for some of the well-known names who come from different sectors, including online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard, fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is the home of thousands upon thousands of courses, that are used and explored by more than 35 million students from across the globe. As of this writing, Kajabi has generated over $650 million in sales since it was founded in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing plans Kajabi offers are quite different than other online course-making services in that they’re more expensive. With monthly costs that begin at just $119, it’s no wonder that this might be an issue for those who might be interested in giving Kajabi a go. However, when you consider the number of essential features already packed within each plan, pricing is logically reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin with the Basic plan priced at $149 per month or $119/mo for billing annually. With this tier, you get to create three products, gain up to 1,000 active customers, and make a website that you can modify using the tools provided by the platform. Also included are unlimited pages for landing webpages, unlimitted marketing emails and access to unlimited useful resources, such as one-on-one customer support as well as Kajabi University.
Apart from the Basic plan, there is the Growth plan that happens to be the most sought-after plan on the platform with a monthly cost of $199 or $159/mo if paid annually, and the Pro plan for $399 per month or $319/month annually that is loaded to the brim with every feature you could ask for when creating and selling your courses. Kajabi does not currently offer a free plan option. There is however a fourteen-day free trial is offered for each of the three plans. A longer trial of up to 30 days is also available on selected blogs. If you’re looking to test the waters and see if Kajabi’s the best choice for you, the limited free trial is the best method to start.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Like About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s marketing suite in-house of tools, such as email marketing and automation are optimized for businessuse, and you won’t need to integrate with other third-party services to do that!
- The software that creates sales funnels. Another one of the platform’s best-selling points is the Pipeline Builder. Pipeline Builder lets you make use of tested and understandable blueprint templates – no need to overcomplicate yourself!
- Customization without limits. From creating professional-looking course websites down to the custom name, Kajabi lets you customize to your hearts content and even build your brand from scratch.
- The user-friendly and simple site and course editors. Making content with the website and course creator software was never this easy and quick, as it takes less effort and time to finish the job.
- Unlimited integrations are endless. Aside from native integrations to 10 e-commerce, marketing and analytics tools, connecting to Zapier’s app lets you to look and select from more than one thousand non-native platforms for better effectiveness.
- Establishing meaningful relationships with fellow instructors and students. Kajabi’s Community feature lets you interact with students who are enrolled in your classes. It also lets you make connections, network and celebrate with a multitude of teachers who happen to be in the same shoes as you.
The Cons – Things We Don’t Like
- The steep pricing plans. The three plans offered by Kajabi are higher than the typical monthly prices offered by other services. There’s no free plan available neither.
- There is no built-in tool to issue certificates. It is possible connect to a third-party certificate application if you intend to create custom-made ones that are of different types.
- Insufficient tools for instructor-student engagement. We aren’t happy with the absence of some particular tools, such as proper discussion forums and the ability to randomize the assignments or quizzes. Kajabi Membership Site Example
The Review of Kajabi’s features
Ease of Use and Experience
One thing we love the most about Kajabi is the shockingly easy user experience. For one, most of the platform’s User Interface (UI) is structured. If you may notice on the dashboard menu, you will see that the functions are organized into five main sections – Website Products, Sales, Marketing and People. The menu’s design leaves no space for clutter, as some aspects that belong to a specified section are collapsible. The UI layout is very consistent and reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-one” trademark. You can create a landing page, modify your course and communicate with your instructors through one website.
It has a search assistant tool that comes in handy when you need to search for something that may be hard to find. The Kajabi Assistant is found at the top of the dashboard in the form that of a bar for searching, and it lets you look for tools and items within the site by typing in the search terms. Like we said that both the Kajabi website builder and course builder sections can be moved and dropped and make the process much easier without needing to learn how to navigate it. Kajabi is more user-friendly and has a less arduous learning curve than several of its peers. It is also compatible with other languages than English for those who want to share your content with broader viewers.
Course Development and Engagement
Once you explore Kajabi’s course design feature, you will quickly come across a variety of product or course templates, or the way it calls them, blueprints. Each of the blueprints for products differs in terms of structure and design and can be easily modified to meet the needs of any instructor.
In the blueprints that are listed are Mini Courses and Online Courses, and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form , quick courses, which are typically designed in order to increase brand recognition, while Online Courses are full-version types with a complete content structure designed for a “world-class” education experience. Drip courses, on the contrary, are classes that are scheduled for an established period of days or weeks. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s an easier method to distribute your content when you and your students are busy with other things.
Kajabi might be regarded by many as a well-known premium course-maker. Apart from course types, the product blueprints let you create a membership space where your customers can enjoy exclusive content and a coaching session for 12 weeks. There’s also a blank template which allows you to design a course or product from the ground up!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
As you further explore the course builder, you will notice an outline of sections and lessons that were automatically added when you select any of the course blueprints. In Kajabi’s instance, these segments and classes are known as groups and posts or. Posts are where you can insert different types of content, like text, videos, and images, while the categories serve as folders for the posts that are kept.
You may also incorporate subcategories of posts under a category if you want to arrange your content in a flexible way. You can alter the outline by dragging it around. Kajabi accepts a broad range of media and text files to be added to your posts, such as MP4 and MOV files, MP3 and WAV files, PDFs and Word documents. You can upload all of them directly via your computer’s folders, or file-sharing cloud platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can also copy and paste existing URLs of your videos to your blog posts!
Like several other platforms for creating courses, Kajabi allows you to utilize the bulk upload feature. Like the name implies it allows you to upload all your files to your courses on the same tab. This can be useful particularly if you’re doing other important stuff.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi has a variety of 10+ course player themes. Contrary to other LMS platforms, where you’re given the option to choose the theme you want to use, Kajabi lets you have the option of choosing several themes to suit various products. Similar to the course outline creator, it’s simple to modify any theme to match your preferences. It is possible to incorporate specifics that represent your brand including logos or images as well as font designs into your course player in order to give it a an individual touch. Kajabi Membership Site Example
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi includes a quiz function called Assessments that allows you to make quizzes and assignments and then add them to the course of your course. Assessments are a helpful way to determine if your students learned something from the curriculum you’ve given them. With the assessments feature, you get to choose from three different types of questions: multiple-choice multiple-selection, and paragraph-style. You can even set an assessment score that will encourage your students to be more engaged with your material more.
Apart from that, the LMS website has been able to make strides in providing spaces for students and teachers to interact. With the Community feature, your students are able to interact and comment on any of your courses through their dashboards. You can also write your blog posts for discussion with the rest of them your previous lessons as well as your future content. The community feature is available either as a standalone feature or as an element of membership area.
Website Design and Customizability
Why should you upload your course materials to your web domain or WordPress web site when Kajabi has the platform and the tools to create one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting across three pricing plans. The best part is that you’re guaranteed immediate security and safety with the automatic SSL certification as well as an experienced team of experts to maintain your site.
You’re also given the liberty to modify your domain as well as choose from a variety of professional, one-of-a-kind themes that you can modify to your heart’s content! This doesn’t stop there. If you’re an expert in edupreneurship and are a member of the Growth plan or higher you can use custom-designed themes that are built to meet your ever-growing needs and also take away the Kajabi brand names and then replace it with your custom-designed theme!
Just like the course builders we’ve talked about earlier, the page builder from Kajabi allows you to modify any of the available themes for websites using a set of intuitive and easy-to-handle editing tools. After further exploration, you will be greeted with a variety of customizable blocks and sections. They’re basically like those categories as well as posts from when we’ve talked about how to build courses. Blocks are the elements that compose the site’s content which includes text, media files, or clickable icons. Sections are, however are formed by a variety of neatly-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 pre-designed section templates you can choose from the page builder’s dashboard. As we’re all glued to our smartphones and tablets it’s logical for Kajabi to let your site automatically adjust to a mobile layout. You can go an extra mile and select the element of your site you would like for your members to see. With all the tools you need to make your site look however you want it to appear the page builder from Kajabi is not just incredibly flexible, but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Website Features
Other LMS platforms might not offer this feature, but Kajabi lets you create a section of your website dedicated to your blog where you can share updates and thoughts on the content of your course. If you want to make the most out of your Kajabi-made site this service offers you a space where you can post your blog posts without limitations. Start by creating posting blog content by creating your own using Text Editor. You may incorporate SEO elements if you want to reach a larger audience and organize your blog posts into various categories or even change the way you want your entire blog section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging tools may not be as on par as WordPress or Blogspot However, it comes with enough tools to allow it to be managed. You can also create podcasts that you could promote on your website. You may upload recordings of your podcast that will be hosted on your website and distributed to major podcast listening platforms such as Apple Podcasts and Spotify. When you upload a podcast episode you can choose between two options: either release it as a podcast that is public for free , or create an exclusive private one which only your subscribers are able to access. Kajabi Membership Site Example
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
One of the reasons that make Kajabi so popular among edupreneurs is its array of sales and marketing tools that are supremely easy and straightforward for even those who aren’t marketing experts to make use of!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A major draw for the crowd, Kajabi’s built-in E-mail marketing functions allow you to send emails about your course and websites to your members who are subscribed students while seated on the platform. You might be surprised that it can do more than just send e-mails. With the help from Kajabi Automations, you get to build automated sequences of e-mails triggered by different kinds of user actions. For example, when your student is successfully logged in to one of your courses following the checkout process, a welcome email will be sent automatically to their inbox. If the course performs poorly the course, an upsell will be sent to suggest improvement Kajabi Membership Site Example
You can create as many emails to your campaign as you like and schedule each of them according to your preferences. You can choose which of your members gets to receive these messages. E-mail management has never been this complete and easy to manage. In contrast to other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with e-mail marketing tools that will not require the integration with third-party platforms to make things work.
Apart from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing feature that lets you assign some of your members as affiliates in order to promote your content on behalf of your company. Alongside paying them the commission rate it is also possible to track their performance to determine how well they contribute to boosting your conversion and click rates. Kajabi Membership Site Example
Another of Kajabi’s notable features can be the Pipeline Builder, where you are able to design specialized marketing funnels that do not have any overly complicated issues. While other platforms have similar features that require much more effort and time, this Pipeline Builder is designed to be so quick and easy that even the uninitiated can benefit from it. This amazing feature allows you to choose from a variety of pre-designed funnel designs or pipeline blueprints. This includes:
- Freebie – for whenever you’d like to provide a freebie as a lead magnet to grow your email list
- Sales Page OVO is a great option whenever you want to convince your intended public to buy your product via an online sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use any time you’re launching a course or any other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – to use whenever you want to promote your business through web-based workshops
- Free Book OVO – for anytime you’d like to promote your content with a free downloadable digital book
- Coaching Campaign OVO – for whenever you’re promoting your courses through a series of coaching sessions
- Blank blueprint – for whenever you want to build an effective sales funnel right from beginning
Once you select from any of the blueprints for your pipeline, Kajabi automatically creates pages and emails you’ll have to put together to make an efficient sales funnel. You may customize however you wish your funnel to appear to your audience. You could even alter the theme of your checkout and landing pages, for instance, to a different one There is a library full of 40+ page templates that you can pick from.
Prices and Payment Methods
Kajabi lets you seamlessly integrate with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal so that your students can choose between the two to pay for your course. Stripe is the common payment option that allows debit and credit card transactions and certain e-wallet providers across the world. PayPal, on the other on the other hand, is an option for subscriptions as well as multi-payment plans. There aren’t any charges for transactions on Kajabi’s side because all your earnings will be immediately transferred into your account at the banks.
For price options for Kajabi, it provides customers a variety of pricing options of pricing options. You can either charge your students for your services at various time frames (one-time subscription, one-time, or several payments) or give them away for free. You even have the chance to select if you’re going to charge a specified price for a specific item or for a variety of products, and establish specific dates for your members can access within a given timeframe. You also get to generate coupons that will further encourage your target audience to buy the products you offer. Kajabi Membership Site Example
Integrations with Third-Party Services
Kajabi has a variety of built-in features to help you develop and promote your courses, but you also have the option of connecting to third-party applications to provide an additional boost of functions. The platform currently supports 10 native integrations, which include the popular analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier comes in very handy as it helps establish connections to hundreds of third-party applications and tools, ranging including e-commerce and user experience.
Customer Support and Training Resources
In terms of customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over other platforms because it is one of the only course creation platforms that offer 24/7 live chat support. In contrast to other similar platforms, Kajabi’s customer support team is always available to assist you if you’re having difficulties in creating a course or page among other important issues, anytime and wherever. However, it’s important to note that this 24 hour feature is available for instructors who subscribe to the Growth plan upwards – for basic users Live Chat support can be scheduled at specific times and on certain days during the day. The approach of Kajabi’s customer service has been praised by many of the instructors who use it to design relevant courses. Kajabi Membership Site Example
As for tools to train, Kajabi provides an array of options to resources that you can master and become familiar with. Kajabi Hero University Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, classes and informational content that are specifically designed for educators and edupreneurs to help them get started or increase their position in the world of course design. Additionally, you can attend every day Q&A webinars that feature top experts from various areas as guests. Additionally, if you’re looking for more advice and tricks the help desk will be there to help you on your way. Alongside the platform’s Hero University, there is Kajabi’s Hero Rewards program in which course creators get rewarded with tons of sweet perks as they achieve their objectives.
What else is missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi may be a great all-in-one tool to design and market your course content, but we have to address a few vital things that are missing. A majority of them could have been extremely helpful in improving the experience. Here are the following things we’d like to see included in Kajabi’s system soon:
- Built-in tools for issuance of certificates and credentials. While some provide this service instructors using Kajabi will often require connecting to third-party applications which specialize in issuance of certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we may appreciate the system’s handling of assessment within courses, we’d like for the absence of options for question types as well as randomization of these types and their randomization to be resolved as quickly as possible.
- Other payment options. As of the moment there are only two options for transactions: Stripe as well as PayPal can be accepted. Not only that, we don’t understand why there are limits also.
- A public API key. This could have been helpful in making custom integrations, for example, having your students who have subscribed to your service log in with the single sign-in option with other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi may have essentially most of the features an Edupreneur would ever want to have. However, due to the high cost plan and a certain lack in features it might turn some people off. If you’re looking for alternatives with commonalities to Kajabi regarding reliability and performance we’ve listed a few worthy alternatives that you might want to consider when making your choice. Kajabi Membership Site Example
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in-one solutions similar to Kajabi. The only major difference is the price that starts at $67/month You can design unlimited courses and advertise to your target audience without having to worry about breaking the bank!
- Podia isn’t just claiming to be creator-friendly. It’s also very easy to use, far easier than Kajabi! In addition, you can utilize marketing tools It’s a lot lighter than other. With the extremely affordable price range we can understand the way Podia can appeal to DIY entrepreneurs getting into the business.
- While Kajabi isn’t a reputable platform and lacks more advanced features for quizzes, Thinkific makes up for them. With a beginner-friendly price range It certainly has higher-end features than the other as well as live lesson courses and a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is like Thinkific in the way it works. But, we need to appreciate how the former can incorporate additional payment options since it accepts Google Pay and Apple Pay, two gateway services Kajabi doesn’t have. It also lets you utilize one-on-one coaching and other core features.
All in all, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park by providing nearly all of the features that most edupreneurs can utilize. It certainly has all the features you need to be able to create a professional-looking web pages to the fantastic integrated marketing suite, which includes the addition of simple plans for sales funnels, as well as effective e-mail marketing tools.
There could be some tools that are missing for example, the issuance of certificates in particular. Also, with its high cost, it might not be the best choice among the budget-conscious. However, we understand that even though Kajabi performs very well as an all-in-one solution for course creation however, it’ll always have limitations. It doesn’t hinder it, however, from being an extremely popular choice for established business owners and creators!
If you’re looking for an LMS that offers everything you require in one place, Kajabi is something you should strongly look into.
FAQ Kajabi Membership Site Example
What is the meaning of Kajabi refer to?
The term “Kajabi” originates from a word with Islamic or Arabic origin which means “to fly.”
Do I have the ability to sell physical items on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard programs, you can sell physical items on Kajabi. You can even join with Shopify to build a fully functional e-commerce shop on the platform!
In terms of e-mail marketing Is it possible that Kajabi could be able to replace MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already has e-mail marketing tools built within the platform, it’s natural that it’s sufficient to replace third-party programs such as MailChimp. However, if you intend to make use of it, Kajabi still allows you to integrate with it and other applications as well.
Does Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has an app that can be downloaded on mobile to ensure that you and your subscribers can access all your course content even when you’re in the move. Kajabi Membership Site Example