A myriad of learning management systems (LMS) platforms offer a variety of essential features that you can utilize when you write content that is meaningful. Although there are plenty of sites that let you utilize advanced marketing tools to market the courses you offer to your intended audience, others might not offer all of those things. Although some sites provide simple-to-use tools for creating courses, there will also be some that have an editing experience that is so complicated it turns its users off.
Within the sea of online course platforms, there are a few that offer not just the basic editing interface but also an array of sales and marketing functions. Additionally, they also provide you with nearly everything you’d ever want, from 24/7 help and training resources to top-notch analytics. All-in-one platforms for courses allow you to go beyond the limits of your abilities, and one of those that offer it effortlessly is Kajabi.
A Quick Look: Kajabi: What exactly is Kajabi? Kajabi Membership Site
Kajabi is an online platform that allows you to create and sell your content to your customers. The company is advertised as an all-in-one solution that provides entrepreneurs from all aspects of their lives with the most efficient and necessary features that will not just build a professional-looking site for your courses, but let them grow to greater heights. Kajabi is widely praised and is regarded as one of the best online courses platforms, earning an overwhelmingly positive rating with a score of 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so well-liked and appreciated by its users? It’s true that there are many reasons that make the platform extremely convenient for all to use. It’s first and foremost the user-friendliness. From the course creation to the marketing services the majority of Kajabi’s aspects are designed to be easily digestible even for those who are only beginning to get started in the e-course world. A majority of them are advanced, giving administrating instructors an edge over other instructors. Lastly it allows budding entrepreneurs like you to run and create courses without the need to look to another place if something else is not available. Kajabi offers all the tools anyone may need, living up to its ‘one-stop shop label.
What Does It Let You Do?
There are a variety of methods that Kajabi can create an all-in-one e-learning solution. We’ve made a list in bullet form of the most important features that you may want to be aware of if you’re considering it. In simple terms, Kajabi allows you:
- Create interactive and engaging courses using a variety of customizable tools such as media files, templates that you can choose in accordance with your personal preferences.
- Build a presentable website to present your course content and materials and blogs to keep your students up-to-date on what’s new.
- Effectively utilize landing pages, checkout pages, and other viable ways to improve your profits, further your reach over the boundaries and boost conversion rates;
- Decide how you would like to bill your courses and other services for your students, whether it’s one-time payments or a monthly subscription;
- Build effective sales funnels without any issues by making use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Use its own marketing and analytics software with the ability to send out e-mails, CRM, and automation tools;
- Set up and manage your affiliate links; and
- Explore a wide variety of customer service, community, and training resources in conjunction with the Kajabi University feature.
Big Names That Have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted by more than 16,000 companies and big-name personalities. It’s the choice of some of the well-known names who are part of different sectors, like online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard, fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is the home of thousands of courses accessed and explored by over 35 million students across the globe. At the time of the time this article was written, Kajabi boasts more than $650 million of revenue since its inception in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing plans that Kajabi offers are quite different from other online course creation tools in that they’re much more expensive. With monthly prices that start as low as $119, it’s no wonder why this can impede some people who like to give Kajabi a go. With the abundance of essential features already packed into every plan, the price is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin at the Basic plan priced at $149 per month, or $119/month when billed annually. In this plan, you can create three products, reach a maximum of 1,000 active customers, and create websites that you are able to modify using the tools provided by Kajabi’s platform. Also included are unlimited landing pages, unlimited marketing emails, and unlimited access to helpful resources, including one-on-one customer support and Kajabi University.
Apart from basic plans, there is the Growth plan, which happens to be the platform’s most popular offer at $199 a month or $159/mo when paid annually, as well as the Pro plan, which costs $399 per month or $319/mo yearly that is loaded with all the features you could ask for when you are creating and selling your courses. Kajabi currently does not offer any free plans. There is however a fourteen-day no-cost trial is available on each of the three plans. An extended trial that lasts for up to 30 days also offered on select blogs. If you want to test the waters and see if Kajabi’s the best choice for you, then the brief free trial is the best way to go.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Love About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s own marketing suite of tools, which includes e-mail marketing and automation, are optimized for business, and you won’t need to integrate with third-party solutions to do this!
- The software for sales funnels. Another one of the platform’s best-selling points is the sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of tested and understandable blueprint templates – no need to get too complicated!
- Unlimited customization. From designing professional-looking course websites all the way to the custom domain, Kajabi lets you customize to your hearts content and even build your brand from the ground up.
- The easy and intuitive website along with course editors. Making content using the site and course creator software was never so easy and swift, and it takes less time and effort to finish the job.
- Limitless integrations are endless. In addition to native integrations with 10 e-commerce, marketing and analytics solutions, connecting to Zapier’s app allows users to investigate and select from more than a thousand non-native platforms for better efficiency.
- Making lasting connections with your students and instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature lets you connect with students who are enrolled in any of your courses. It also lets you make connections, network and celebrate with tons of teachers who happen to be similar to you.
The Cons – What We Do Not Like
- The pricey pricing plans. Three pricing options offered by Kajabi cost higher than the typical monthly prices that other providers offer. There’s no free option available as well.
- There is no built-in tool to issue certificates. It is possible connect to a third-party certificate application if you intend to create custom-made ones that are of different types.
- Not enough tools for student-instructor engagement. We aren’t happy with the absence of certain features, including adequate discussion forums, as well as the ability to randomize quizzes or assignments. Kajabi Membership Site
A Review of Kajabi’s Features
Ease of Use and Experience
One thing that we like the most about Kajabi is its surprisingly simple user experience. For one, most of the User Interface (UI) is well-organized. If you may notice on the screen menu, you’ll see that the functions are divided into five major sections: Website Products, Sales, Marketing, and People. The design of the menu leaves no space for confusion, as certain elements that are associated with the specific section can be collapsed. The UI layout is very consistent, reflecting Kajabi’s ‘all-in-one’ brand name. You get to create a landing page, modify your course, and interact with your fellow instructors on one site.
There is a search assistant tool that comes in handy when you need to search for something that may be hard to find. The Kajabi Assistant can be found in the top of the dashboard, in the form as a “search bar and it lets you look for items and tools within the website by typing in the search terms. Like we said, both Kajabi’s site builder and course builder sections are drag-and-drop and make the process much easier without the need to know how to navigate the site. Kajabi is more user-friendly and has a less arduous learning curve than a couple of its contemporaries. It can also be used in other languages that English for those who want to expose your content to broader audience.
Course Design and Engagement
Once you explore Kajabi’s course creation feature, you’ll soon encounter a list of product or course templates or what the platform calls them, blueprints. Each of the product blueprints differs in terms of structure and design and can be easily modified to suit the needs of instructors.
The blueprints listed are Mini Courses as well as Online Courses as well as Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form quick courses that are usually created as a way to build the brand’s value, whereas Online Courses are full-version versions with a complete content structure created to offer an “world-class” education experience. Drip courses, on other hand, are courses that are scheduled for the course of a specified number of days or weeks. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s an easier way to share your content if you and your students are busy with other activities.
Kajabi might be regarded by many as a well-known premium course-maker. Apart from course types, the product blueprints allow you to create a membership area where your customers can enjoy exclusive content as well as a coaching session lasting 12 weeks. The template is also blank where you can create an entire course or product from scratch!
Categories Posts, Categories, as well as Content Uploads
As you further explore the course builder, you’ll notice an outline of sections and lessons which have been automatically added if you choose one of the blueprints for your course. In Kajabi’s case, those sections and lessons are called post categories as well as category, or. The posts are where you can insert different kinds of content, including text, video images, and text, while the categories function as folders for the posts that are stored.
It is also possible to include subcategories for posts in a category if you want to arrange your content in a flexible way. You can also alter the outline by dragging it around. Kajabi accepts a broad range of text and media files to be added to your posts. These include MOV and MP4 files MP3 and WAV files, PDFs as well as Word documents. You can upload all of them directly through your computer’s folders or through file-sharing cloud platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can also duplicate and paste URLs of your videos to your posts!
Like a few select platforms for creating courses, Kajabi allows you to utilize the bulk upload feature. Similar to the name that you can upload all the files you have uploaded to your courses in one tab. This is a great option, especially if you’re busy working on other things.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi has a variety of over 10 themes for course players. In contrast to other LMS platforms where you’re only offered the choice of the theme you want to use, Kajabi lets you have the option of choosing various themes for the different products. Like the outline maker, it’s easy to customize any of the themes to match your preferences. You can also incorporate elements of your brand, such as the logo images, fonts, and designs into your course player to cultivate a personal touch. Kajabi Membership Site
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi has a quiz feature called Assessments that allows you to make quizzes and assignments and add them as part of your class. Assessments are a helpful way to assess whether your students have learned something from the lessons you’ve provided them. With the assessment feature, you get to select from three main types of questions: multiple-choice multiple-selection, and paragraph-style. You can even set an acceptable score to encourage your students to be more engaged with your material more.
In addition in addition, it is also important to note that the LMS website has made progress in creating spaces for teachers and students to interact. With the Community feature, students have access to interact and comment on any of your courses through their dashboards. You can also write your posts to discuss with your fellow students about your previous lessons as well as your future content. The community feature can be accessed either as a stand-alone feature or as an element of membership area.
Website Design and Customization
Why should you upload your course materials with your domain name or WordPress site when Kajabi provides the platform and tools you need to build one on the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting on all 3 pricing options. What’s great about this is you’re guaranteed instant security and safety with the automatic SSL certification as well as a team to help maintain your website.
You’re also given the liberty to customize your domain, as well as pick from a range of professional, one-of-a-kind themes, which you can customize to your liking! This doesn’t stop there. If you’re an expert in edupreneurship and have signed up to the Growth plan and higher you can use custom-designed themes that are built to meet the ever-changing needs of your business and also remove all Kajabi brand names and then replace that with your custom-designed theme!
Similar to the course builders we’ve talked about earlier, the page builder from Kajabi allows you to alter any of the themes for websites using a set of easy-to-use and user-friendly editing tools. After further exploration you’ll be presented with customizable sets of blocks and sections. They’re essentially like the categories and posts from when we’ve discussed how to build courses. Blocks are referred to as the elements that compose the site’s content including media files, text as well as clickable button. Sections are, however are made up of multiple neatly-arranged blocks.
There are more than 40 pre-designed section templates that can be picked from the dashboard of the page builder. We’re all hooked to our smartphones and tablets these days it is logical for Kajabi to let your site automatically adjust to mobile-friendly layout. You can go an extra mile and select the element of your site you would like for your member learners to see. With all the tools you need to create your website as you wish it to look, Kajabi’s page builder is not just extremely flexible, but also fast to use.
Blogging and Other Web-based Features
Other LMS platforms may not provide this feature, however Kajabi lets you create a section of your website dedicated to your blog where you can share information and comments on the content of your course. If you’re looking to make the most of your Kajabi-created website it provides a space where you can publish your content without restriction. It is possible to begin with the blog post by creating one using the text editor. You may incorporate SEO elements if you want to expand your reach or group your posts into various categories, and even customize how you want your entire blog section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging tools might not be on the same level as WordPress or Blogspot however, it does have enough tools to be manageable. Additionally, you can also create podcasts that you could promote on your site. You can upload the recordings of your podcasts to be hosted on the site and then distributed to major podcast listening platforms such as the Apple Podcasts platform and Spotify. When uploading an episode of your podcast there are two choices: publish it as a public podcast for free or make an exclusive private podcast that only your users can get access to. Kajabi Membership Site
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
Part of what makes Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is its array of marketing and sales tools that are extremely convenient and simple enough even for those who aren’t marketing experts to make use of!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A major draw for the crowd, Kajabi’s built in e-mail marketing function allows you to send emails about your course and website to your subscribers students from the comfort of the platform. However, you might be amazed that it can do more than sending e-mails. With the aid with Kajabi Automations, you get to automate sequences of e-mails triggered by different kinds of user actions. For example, when your student logs in successfully to one of your courses after checking out, a welcome message will be automatically sent into their email inbox. If the course performs poorly the course, an upsell will be delivered to offer suggestions for improvement Kajabi Membership Site
You can send as many e-mails for your campaign as you wish and schedule each one in accordance with your preferences. You can also choose the members you want the messages. The management of e-mails has never been more extensive and yet simple to manage. Unlike other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with e-mail marketing tools that wouldn’t have to worry about connecting to other third-party platforms in order to make it work.
In addition, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing function which allows you to designate certain members of your group as affiliates who can help in promoting your site on behalf of you. Alongside paying them a commission, you may also track their performance to gauge how well they contribute to increasing your conversion and click rates. Kajabi Membership Site
Another of Kajabi’s notable features is one of the best features is Pipeline Builder, where you are able to design specialized marketing funnels without a lot of issues. While other platforms provide similar features, which require more time and effort and effort, Pipeline Builder is a breeze to use. Pipeline Builder is designed to be so quick and easy that even beginners can benefit from it. This feature is stunning and lets you select from a collection of pre-made funnel designs or pipeline blueprints. These include the following:
- Freebie – for whenever you’d like to provide a freebie as a lead magnet to build your list
- Sales Page OVO is a great option any time you wish to convince your target audience to buy your product by utilizing a sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use when you’re launching courses or another product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – to use any time you wish to promote your business through web-based workshops
- Free Book OVO – for any time you wish to showcase your content a free downloadable digital book
- Coaching Campaign OVO – to use when you’re trying to promote your courses through an array of coaching sessions
- Blank design – for when you’re looking to create your sales funnel from beginning
After you pick one of the pipeline blueprints, Kajabi automatically creates pages and e-mails you will need to pull off an effective sales funnel. You can customize how you would like your sales funnel to look to your customers. You could even alter the design of your checkout and landing pages, for example, to a different one There is a library with more than 40 pages templates you can choose from.
Prices and Payment Methods
Kajabi allows you to integrate seamlessly with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal so that your member students can choose between them when they pay for your classes. Stripe is the most popular payment method that accepts debit and credit card transactions and various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal is, on the other side, is an option to subscribe and multi-payment plans. There aren’t any transaction fees on Kajabi’s part, as all your earnings are immediately sent into your account at the banks.
For the pricing, Kajabi provides customers a variety of pricing options of pricing options. You can charge your students for your products at different dates (one-time or subscription and multiple payments) or distribute them to them for free. You even have the chance to choose whether you’re planning to charge a set amount for a specific item or for a variety of products, as well as set specific dates that your members can access within a certain timeframe. You can also create coupons to further motivate your target audience to buy all of your products. Kajabi Membership Site
Integration with Third-Party Services
Kajabi has a variety of built-in features to help you develop and promote your courses however, you also have the option to connect to third-party apps for an added boost in functionality. The platform currently supports 10 native integrations, which include the popular analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier is extremely useful because it allows connections with hundreds of other tools and third-party apps that range from e-commerce to user experiences.
Training and Support for Customers
When it comes to customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over the rest as it’s one of the few course creation platforms which provide 24/7 live chat support. Unlike some similar services the Kajabi customer support team is available to help you whenever you’re struggling to create a course or page among other crucial issues, anytime and wherever. It’s crucial to note that this 24/7 feature is available for instructors who are subscribed to the Growth plan and above – for Basic users Live chat is available for certain times and days on weekdays. The approach of Kajabi’s customer support has been highly praised by many who use it to develop useful courses. Kajabi Membership Site
For training tools, Kajabi offers an array of options to access resources that you can master and then become proficient with. Kajabi Hero University Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, classes and informational content that are specifically targeted at educators and edupreneurs to help them gain traction or boost their position in the world of course design. You’re also invited to weekly Q&A-style educational webinars featuring top experts from various areas as guests. Additionally If you’re in search of other tips and tricks, the help center is available to help you on your way. Apart from the platform’s Hero University, there is also a Kajabi Hero Rewards program, where course creators are rewarded with numerous sweet rewards when they reach their goals.
What else is missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi might be a fantastic all-in-one platform to develop and sell your course material However, we need to take care of a few essential things that aren’t being addressed. A majority of them could be extremely useful to improve the experience. Here are the following things that we wish would be added to Kajabi’s system in the near future:
- Built-in tools to issue certificates and other credentials. While some offer this feature, instructors who use Kajabi often will still require connecting to third-party software that specialize in issuing certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we appreciate the platform’s handling of assessments within courses, we wish for the absence of options for question types – plus randomization of said types – to be addressed soonest.
- Other payment options. At the time of writing only transactions made through Stripe and PayPal are accepted. In addition, we aren’t sure if there are limitations as well.
- A public API key. This would have been useful for custom integrations, such as having your students who have subscribed to your service login using a single sign-in option with other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi could have the majority of the features any aspiring Edupreneur would ever want to have. But with the steep price plan, and the lack in terms of functionality, the site might turn some people off. If you’re looking for alternatives that share collective similarities in comparison to Kajabi with regards to reliability and performance, we’ve listed some worthy competitors that you may be considering in making your choice. Kajabi Membership Site
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in one services similar to Kajabi. The only difference is the price that starts at $67/month, you can create unlimited courses and market to your target audience without worrying about the cost!
- Podia does not just claim to be a creator-friendly platform. It’s also very easy to use, far easier than even Kajabi! Although you can utilize marketing tools, it’s much lighter than the other. With the extremely affordable cost it’s easy to see how Podia can appeal to individuals who are just starting out in the business.
- While Kajabi lacks credentials and advanced quiz features, Thinkific makes up for these features. With a beginner-friendly price range It certainly has greater features that the other as well as live-taught courses as well as a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in the way it functions. However, we must appreciate how Teachable is able to incorporate additional payment options as it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay which are two gateways Kajabi doesn’t have. You can also avail one-on-one coaching as well as other essential features.
Overall, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park for offering a wide range of features that most edupreneurs can use. It certainly has the essentials anyone must need including the intuitive features needed to build a professional-looking website to the stellar integrated marketing suite, which includes the addition of simple diagrams of sales funnels as well as efficient email marketing tools.
There may be a few tools that are missing like the issue of certificates specifically. With a high cost, it might not be the wise choice for the budget-conscious. But we do understand that, while Kajabi does great as an all-in one solution for course creation but it’s not without limitations. It doesn’t hinder it, but it is a favorite among experienced business owners and creators!
If you’re still searching to find an LMS that offers everything you need in one platform, Kajabi is something you should strongly look into.
FAQ Kajabi Membership Site
What is the meaning of Kajabi refer to?
The term “Kajabi” originates from a word with Islamic (or Arabic origin, which translates to “to take flight.”
Can I sell physical products on Kajabi?
Yes! In addition to the normal programs, you can sell physical products through Kajabi. You can also integrate with Shopify to create a fully-functioning e-commerce shop on Kajabi!
In terms of e-mail marketing is it possible Kajabi can replace MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already includes E-mail marketing tools integrated into the platform, it’s natural that it’s enough to take over third-party apps such as MailChimp. However, if you wish to utilize this feature, Kajabi still allows you to integrate it with other applications too.
Are you sure that Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even offers an app for mobile devices for you and your subscribers have access to all course materials even when on the go. Kajabi Membership Site