Many learning management system (LMS) platforms have a variety of essential features that you can utilize when you write content that is meaningful. While there could be a lot of websites that allow you to make use of modern marketing tools to promote the courses you offer to your intended audience, some might not provide all the features. While some provide easy-to-use course-building tools, there will also be some that provide editing options so complicated that it turns off its users.
Within the sea of online course platforms, there are a few that offer not just a simple editing interface, but also a myriad of marketing and sales functions. Additionally they offer almost everything you’d ever want such as 24/7 assistance and training materials to top-quality analytics. All-in-one courses let you discover the world beyond your boundaries One of them that offer it effortlessly is Kajabi.
In a nutshell: How do you define Kajabi? Kajabi On Top Of Head
Kajabi is an internet-based platform which allows you to develop and market your content to your student audience. The company is advertised as an all-in-one solution and platform for edupreneurs, Kajabi offers edupren all walks of life with optimized and essential features needed to not just create a professional website for your courses , but also allow them to grow to new heights. Kajabi is widely praised and is regarded as one of the best online course platforms, gaining an overwhelmingly positive rating with a score of 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so well-liked and appreciated among its users? Well, there are quite plenty of reasons that make the platform extremely convenient for all to use. First, it’s the ease of use. From course creation all the way to marketing the majority of Kajabi’s features can be easily digestible even for those who are only beginning to get started in the world of online courses. A majority of them are advanced, which gives instructors who administer the course the added edge over others. Lastly this allows students like you to run and create a course-making business without having to go to another place if something else isn’t available. Kajabi provides all the tools that anyone could require in order to live up the ‘one-stop-shop’ moniker.
What does it let you do? Do?
There are many kinds of ways that Kajabi lets you create an all-in-one e-learning solution. We’ve put together a list in bullet points, of its important characteristics that you might want to be aware of when you’re thinking about the option. In simple terms, Kajabi allows you:
- Create engaging and interactive courses using a variety of tools for customizing such as media files, templates that you can choose depending on your preferences;
- Build a presentable website to display your course materials and other products, as well as your own blog to keep your students updated on the latest developments;
- Efficiently make use of the landing page, checkout pages, and other effective ways to improve the profits you earn, extend your reach to the limit, and generate higher conversion rates.
- Select the method you want to charge your courses and other services to your students – whether it’s a one-time fee or a monthly subscription;
- Create effective sales funnels with no any issues by making use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Make use of its internal marketing and analytics suite that includes email marketing, CRM, and automation tools.
- Create and manage your affiliate links; and
- Explore a variety of customer service, community and training tools, with the addition of the Kajabi University feature.
Big Names That Have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted and used by more than 16,000 organizations and big-name personalities. It’s the go-to choice for many of the most well-known people that are from various industries, such as online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard and fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is home to thousands on thousands of courses that are used and explored by more than 35 million students from across the globe. In the last writing, Kajabi boasts more than $650 million of revenue since its establishment in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing plans that Kajabi provides are very different than other online course creation tools in that they’re more costly. With monthly prices that start at just $119, it’s no wonder that this might be an issue for those who would like to give it a try. But considering the huge amount of important features included within each plan, the pricing is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin by offering the Basic plan, which costs $149 per month or $119/mo if billed annually. With this tier, you are able to design three products, gain up to 1,000 active customers, and create a website that you can customize with tools fully provided by the platform. Also included are unlimited landing pages, unlimited marketing e-mails and access to unlimited helpful resources, including one-on-one customer support as well as Kajabi University.
In addition to the Basic plan, there is the Growth plan, which happens to be the most sought-after plan on the platform at $199 a month or $159/month if you pay annually, and the Pro plan, which costs $399 per month or $319/month annually that is loaded with all the features you could ask for when you are making and selling your courses. Kajabi currently does not offer any free plans. There is however a fourteen-day free trial is offered for all three plans. An extended trial that lasts up to 30 days is available on certain blogs, so if you’re looking to test the waters and determine if Kajabi is the right fit for you, the limited trial offer is the best method to start.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros and Cons – What We Really Like About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s in-house marketing suite of tools, including email marketing and automation are optimized for business, and it isn’t necessary to integrate with any other third-party service to do that!
- The software for sales funnels. Another one of the platform’s best-selling points is the Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of tested and accessible blueprint templates. No need to overcomplicate yourself!
- The ability to customize without limitations. From designing professional-looking course websites all the way to the custom domain, Kajabi lets you customize to your heart’s content – and even create your own brand from the ground up.
- The user-friendly and simple site as well as course editor. Making content with the website and course builders hasn’t been this easy and quick, as it requires less effort and time to finish the job.
- Infinite integrations are endless. Apart from native integrations to the ten marketing, e-commerce and analytics tools, connecting to the app Zapier allows users to investigate and select from more than a thousand non-native platforms that can improve your effectiveness.
- Making lasting connections with students and fellow instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature allows you to engage with the students in any of your courses. It also lets you make connections, network and share your joy with hundreds of teachers who happen to be similar to you.
The Cons – What We Do Not Like
- The pricing plans are hefty. Three pricing options offered by Kajabi cost higher than the average monthly rate provided by other companies. There’s no free option available neither.
- No built-in tools to issue certificates. You may need to connect to a third-party certificate application if you intend to design custom-made certificates of various types.
- Insufficient tools for instructor-student engagement. We’re not happy about the absence of some particular features, like proper discussion forums and the ability to randomly assign the assignments or quizzes. Kajabi On Top Of Head
The Review of Kajabi’s features
Easy of Use and Experience
One thing we like the most about Kajabi is the shockingly easy user experience. First, the majority of the platform’s user interface (UI) is structured. If you look at the screen menu, you’ll see that the functions are organized into five main sections: Website, Products, Sales, Marketing and People. The design of the menu does not allow for clutter, as some aspects that belong to the specific section can be collapsed. The UI layout is very consistent that reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-1” brand name. You can build a landing page, modify your course, and even engage with other instructors through one website.
The search assistant is a tool that can be useful when you need to search for something difficult to locate. The Kajabi Assistant is found at the top of the dashboard, in the form as a “search bar and it lets you look for items and tools within the site by typing in the words. As mentioned previously that both the Kajabi courses and site builder sections can be dragged and dropped which makes the process easier without having to know how to navigate the site. Kajabi has a smoother learning curve compared to some of its competitors. It can also be used in other languages than English if you wish to share your content with broader audiences.
Course Design and Engagement
Once you explore Kajabi’s course creation function, you may quickly come across a variety of product or course templates, or what the platform calls it blueprints. Each blueprint for a product varies in structure and type and is readily tailored to suit the needs of instructors.
The blueprints listed are Mini Courses as well as Online Courses, and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form , quick courses that are usually created as a means of gaining brand value, while Online Courses are full-version types that have a complete structure of content created to offer a “world-class” education experience. Drip courses on the other hand, are courses that are scheduled over a set series of weeks or days. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s an efficient method of sharing your content if you or your students are busy with other activities.
Kajabi is known to many as a well-known premium course-maker. Apart from courses, the blueprints allow you to create a membership space where your customers can enjoy exclusive content and a coach session for 12 weeks. There’s also a blank template that allows you to create an entire course or product from the ground up!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
When you look into the course builder, you’ll see the outline of the sections and lessons which have been automatically included when you select one of the blueprints for your course. In Kajabi’s case, those segments and classes are known as groups and posts or. Posts are the places where you put in different kinds of content, including text, video images, and text, while the categories act as folders in which the posts are kept.
You may also incorporate subcategories for posts in a category if you want to arrange your content in a flexible way. You can move and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a broad range of media and text files to be added to your posts, such as MOV and MP4 files, WAV and MP3 files PDFs and Word documents. You can upload any of them from your computer folders or file-sharing cloud platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can also duplicate and paste URLs of your video to your posts!
Like several other platform for making courses, Kajabi allows you to utilize the feature of bulk uploads. As the name suggests, you can add all your files to your course in the same tab. This is a great option, especially if you’re busy performing other tasks.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi offers a lineup of over 10 themes for course players. Unlike other LMS platforms where you’re only offered the choice of only one of three theme options, Kajabi lets you have the choice of selecting several themes to suit different products. Similar to the course outline creator, it’s simple to alter any theme to suit your personal style. You can even incorporate details that represent your brand including logos images, fonts, and designs into your course player in order to give it a a personal touch. Kajabi On Top Of Head
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi has a quiz feature called Assessments that allows you to design and create assignments and quizzes and add them as part of your class. Assessments are an effective way to assess whether your students have learned something from the course you’ve taught them. With the assessments feature, you get to choose from three different types of questions: multiple-choice multi-selection, or paragraph-style. You can also set an assessment score that will encourage your students in engaging with your material more.
In addition, in addition, the LMS site has also made strides in creating spaces for students and teachers to interact. Through the Community feature, your learners are given access to interact and comment on any of your courses via their dashboards. It is possible to write your posts to discuss with your fellow students about your lessons from the past and also your future content. The community feature is offered as a separate item or as a an element of membership.
Website Design and Customization
Why should you upload your course materials on your website’s domain or WordPress web site when Kajabi has the platform and tools to build one on the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting for 3 pricing options. What’s great about this is you’re guaranteed immediate security and safety with an automatic SSL certification, as well as a team to help maintain your site.
You also have the option to personalize your domain as well as choose from a variety of professional, one-of-a-kind themes, which you can personalize to your hearts content! It doesn’t stop there: If you’re an expert edupreneur and are a member of the Growth plan or higher, you get to use custom-designed themes that are built to fit your ever-expanding needs as well as eliminate the Kajabi brand names and then replace it with your own!
Similar to the course builder we’ve mentioned earlier, the page builder from Kajabi allows you to modify any of the given website themes with a suite of intuitive and easy-to-handle editing tools. After further exploration you’ll be presented with a variety of customizable blocks and sections. They’re essentially like post categories, and categories from when we’ve discussed how to build courses. Blocks are the elements that compose the site’s content which includes text, media files or clickable icons. Sections are, however, are formed by multiple well-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 preset section templates that can be picked from the dashboard of the page builder. Since we’re all connected to our smartphones and small tablets these days, it makes total sense for Kajabi to have your website automatically adapt to a mobile layout. You can go an extra mile by choosing the element of your site you would like members to see. With all the tools you need to build your site however you want it to look, Kajabi’s page builder is not just incredibly flexible, but also easy to manage.
Blogging and Other Web-based Features
Other LMS platforms may not provide this feature, but Kajabi lets you create a section of your website specifically for your blog. There, you can publish comments and updates on the content of your course. If you’re looking to get the most out the Kajabi-made website, the service provides you the opportunity to post your blog posts without limitations. You can get started with posting blog content by making your own using an editor for text. It is possible to include SEO elements if you’d like to reach a larger audience and organize your blog posts into various categories, and even alter the way you want your entire blog section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging capabilities might not be on the same level as WordPress or Blogspot, but it has enough tools to be manageable. In addition, you can create podcasts to promote on your website. You can upload the recordings of your podcast to be hosted on your website and distributed to the major podcasting platforms like the Apple Podcasts platform and Spotify. When uploading a podcast episode you can choose between two options: either release it as a public podcast for free or make an exclusive private version that only your users can get access to. Kajabi On Top Of Head
Marketing and Sales
One of the reasons that make Kajabi so popular among edupreneurs is its array of sales and marketing tools that are extremely user-friendly and easy to even non- marketing experts to utilize!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A big draw among the crowd, Kajabi’s built in e-mail marketing function allows you to send emails related to your course and website to your subscribers students from the comfort of the platform. However, you might be amazed by the fact that it goes beyond sending e-mails. With the help with Kajabi Automations, you get to create automated sequences of e-mails that are triggered by different kinds of user actions. For example, when your student logs in successfully to one of your courses following the checkout process, a welcome email will be sent automatically directly to the student’s inbox. If another underperforms then an upsell message is sent to suggest improvement Kajabi On Top Of Head
You can create as many e-mails to the campaign you want and then schedule them according to your preferences. You can also choose the members you want to receive these messages. Managing e-mails has never been this comprehensive yet easy to handle. In contrast to other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with tools for marketing e-mails that you will not require connecting to other third-party platforms to make things work.
In addition, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing function where you get to assign some of your members as affiliates to help advertise your website on behalf of your company. In addition to paying them the commission rate it is also possible to track their performance to see how they can contribute to increasing your conversion rates and click rates. Kajabi On Top Of Head
Another one of Kajabi’s overall notable features can be the Pipeline Builder, where you can create custom marketing funnels with no overcomplicating issues. While other platforms have similar features that require more effort and time, Pipeline Builder is a breeze to use. Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even those who aren’t experts can make better use of it. This amazing feature lets you select from a variety of pre-designed funnel blueprints or templates for pipelines. This includes:
- Freebies are great for when you’d like to provide a freebie as a lead magnet to grow your list
- Sales Page OVO is a great option whenever you want to persuade your audience to buy your product through an online sales page
- Product Launch OVO is a great option for whenever you’re launching a course or another product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – for any time you wish to promote your products through web workshops
- Free Book OVO – to use whenever you want to market your content the free digital book that you can download
- Coaching Campaign OVO – for whenever you’re promoting your classes through a series of coaching sessions
- Blank plan – to use whenever you’re looking to create the sales funnel you want from the starting
Once you select from any of the pipeline blueprints Kajabi will automatically generate pages and e-mails you will need to pull off an efficient sales funnel. You can customize how you want your pipeline to appear to your target audience. You may even change the design of your landing and checkout pages, for example you can change the theme to something different – there is a library with more than 40 pages templates you can select from.
Payment and Pricing Options
Kajabi lets you seamlessly integrate with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal to ensure that your students are able to select between the two to pay for your courses. Stripe is a popular payment option that accepts debit and credit card transactions, as well as select e-wallet providers all over the world. PayPal, on the other hand, is available as an option to subscribe and multi-payment plans. There aren’t any urgent charges for transactions on Kajabi’s side since all the money you earn are instantly transferred directly to the bank accounts of your choice.
When it comes to pricing options, Kajabi gives an array of options for you to choose from. You can choose to charge your students for your products at various dates (one-time subscription, one-time, or multi-payments) or give them away at no cost. You can also choose to decide if you want to charge a specific amount for a specific product or multiple products, as well as specify specific dates your customers can access within a certain time frame. You can also create coupons to encourage your target audience to buy any of your offers. Kajabi On Top Of Head
Integrations with Third-Party Services
Kajabi may have a plethora of built-in features to help you make and market your courses however, you also have the option of connecting to third-party applications to provide an additional boost of functions. Kajabi currently has ten native integrations, including the well-known analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier can be extremely helpful because it allows connections with hundreds of other third-party applications and tools, ranging that range from e-commerce to user experiences.
Training and Customer Support Resources
In terms of customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over other platforms because it’s one of the only course creation platforms with live chat available 24/7 assistance. In contrast to other similar platforms, Kajabi’s customer support team is always ready to help you whenever you’re struggling to create pages or courses, among other issues that are important, at any time and anywhere. However, it’s important to note that this 24/7 service is only available to instructors that are on the Growth plan upwards – for Basic users live chat is available at certain times and times of the week. Nonetheless, Kajabi’s approach to customer service has been well-received by many of the instructors who use it to create useful course content. Kajabi On Top Of Head
In terms of tools for training, Kajabi gives the user a range of access to resources that you can learn and get used to. The Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses and informational content that are specifically targeted at educators and edupreneurs, to help them jumpstart or improve their standing in the course creation world. You’re also invited to daily Q+A educational webinars with leading experts from different areas as guests. Additionally If you’re in search of more advice and tricks, the help center is always there to guide you along the way. In addition to the platform’s Hero University, there is an additional Kajabi Hero Rewards program in which course creators can earn tons of sweet perks as they reach their goals.
What else is missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi might be a fantastic all-in-one solution to create and market your course content However, we need to take care of a few essential things that are missing. Most of them would have been very useful to improve the experience. Below are the items that we wish would be included in Kajabi’s system soon:
- Built-in tools to issue certificates and other credentials. While some provide this service instructors who utilize Kajabi frequently will require connecting to third-party software that are specialized in the issue of certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we are pleased with the platform’s handling of assessments within courses, we’d like that the absence of question type options as well as randomization of these types and their randomization to be resolved as quickly as possible.
- Additional payment options. As of this writing there are only two options for transactions: Stripe as well as PayPal will be accepted. In addition, we aren’t sure if there are limitations as well.
- An API key that is public. This could have been helpful for custom integrations, for example, having your students who have subscribed to your service sign in using the single sign-in option with other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi might have the most of the features an Edupreneur would ever want to have. But due to its high price plan and a certain lack in terms of functionality, the site may make some people turn away. If you’re looking for alternatives with collective similarities to Kajabi regarding performance and reliability we’ve listed a few worthy alternatives that you might want to consider in making your choice. Kajabi On Top Of Head
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in-one services similar to Kajabi. The only major difference is the cost – starting at only $67/month You are able to create unlimited courses and sell to your audience of choice without having to worry about spending a dime!
- Podia doesn’t just claim to be user-friendly. It’s also extremely easy to use, much easier than Kajabi! While you get to make use of marketing features, it’s much lighter than the other. But considering the very budget-friendly price we can see how Podia is a great choice for those who want to start their own business.
- While Kajabi lacks credentials and more advanced features for quizzes, Thinkific makes up for them. With a beginner-friendly price range It certainly has greater features that the other as well as live lesson courses and an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is like Thinkific in terms of how it functions. But, we need to appreciate the way that Teachable can integrate additional payment options as it accepts Google Pay and Apple Pay which are two gateways Kajabi doesn’t have. Additionally, it allows one-on-one coaching and other core features.
Overall, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park by providing nearly all of the features that most edupreneurs can make use of. It does provide the essentials anyone must need to be able to create a professional-looking website , to the impressive integrated marketing suite that includes the ability to understand plans for sales funnels, as well as effective marketing tools for e-mails.
There may be a few tools that are missing, such as the issue of certificates specifically. Plus with a steep price tag, it may not be the best choice for the budget-conscious. However, we understand that even though Kajabi performs great as an all-in one solution for course creation but it’s not without limitations. It doesn’t hinder it, however, from being a favorite among experienced creators and businesses!
If you’re still searching for an LMS that can provide everything you require in one place, Kajabi is something you must seriously consider.
FAQ Kajabi On Top Of Head
What does the word Kajabi mean?
The term “Kajabi” derives from a word of Islamic (or Arabic origin which means “to take flight.”
Can I sell physical products on Kajabi?
Yes! Aside from the usual programs, you can sell physical items on Kajabi. It is possible to join with Shopify to build a fully functional E-commerce store using the platform!
In terms of e-mail marketing, is it possible that Kajabi could be able to replace MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already has e-mail marketing tools built into the platform, it’s natural that it’s enough to take over third-party apps such as MailChimp. However, if you wish to utilize the platform, Kajabi still allows you to connect it with other applications too.
Does Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has an app that can be downloaded on mobile to ensure that you and your subscribed members can access all your course content even when you’re on the go. Kajabi On Top Of Head