Hundreds of learning management system (LMS) platforms offer a variety of essential features that you can utilize when creating content of high quality. While there could be a lot of sites that let you make use of advanced marketing tools to market your courses to your target audience, others might not provide all those things. While some provide easy-to-use tools to build courses, there’ll be a few that have an editing experience so complex that it turns off its users.
Among a sea of e-course platforms, there are a few that provide more than the basic editing interface but also an array of marketing and sales functions. In addition to that they also offer nearly everything you’d ever want such as 24/7 assistance and training materials to top-quality analytics. All-in-one platforms for courses allow you to go beyond the limits of your abilities and one of the platforms that offer it effortlessly is Kajabi.
At a Glance How do you define Kajabi? Kajabi Opt-In E-Mail
Kajabi is an online platform that lets you create and sell your course content to your audience of students. It is marketed as a complete service that provides entrepreneurs from all kinds of industries with the best and essential features needed to not just build a professional-looking site for your courses, but help them rise to greater heights. Kajabi is widely praised and is regarded as one of the best online course platforms, gaining an overwhelming positive score of 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so popular and well-liked by its users? There are plenty of factors that make this platform extremely convenient for all to utilize. First, it’s the simplicity of usage. From the course creation to marketing the majority of Kajabi’s features have been designed so that they are easily digestible for people who are only beginning to get started in the e-course world. Most of them are also advanced, giving administrating instructors the added edge over other instructors. In addition this allows students like you run and develop a course-making business without having to travel to another place if something else is missing. Kajabi offers all the tools anyone may need in order to live up to its ‘one-stop shop’ moniker.
What Does It Let You Do?
There are many kinds of ways that Kajabi lets you use as an all-in-one online course solution. We’ve made a list in bullet points, of its important characteristics that you might want to keep an eye on if you’re considering it. Simply put, Kajabi lets you:
- Create engaging and interactive classes using a range of tools for customizing, media files, and templates that you can pick depending on your preferences;
- Create a visually appealing website to display your course materials and products along with a blog where you can keep your students updated on the latest developments;
- Make the most of the landing page, checkout pages, and other effective ways to improve the profits you earn, extend your reach over the boundaries and boost conversion rates;
- Select the method you want to charge your courses and other services to your students – whether it’s a one-time payment or a subscription for a month;
- Design and build effective sales funnels without any issues by making use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Use its own marketing and analytics software with e-mail marketing, CRM, and automation tools.
- Manage and create your affiliate links; and
- Explore a variety of community, and training resources, with the addition of the Kajabi University feature.
The Big Names Who Have Utilized Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted by more than 16,000 organizations and famous personalities. Kajabi is the preferred choice of several well-known personalities that are from various sectors, like online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi hosts thousands upon thousands of courses, accessed and explored by over 35 million students across the globe. In the last the time this article was written, Kajabi is generating more than $650million in sales since its inception in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing plans Kajabi offers are quite different from other online course creation services in that they’re more costly. With monthly prices that start at as low as $119 it’s no wonder why this can impede some people who be interested in giving the service a shot. With the abundance of features that are included into each plan, pricing is reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start by offering the Basic plan priced at $149 per month, or $119/month for billing annually. With this tier, you can create three products, gain up to 1,000 active customers, and design your own website you can customize with tools fully provided by the platform. Included are unlimited pages for landing websites, indefinite marketing emails as well as unlimited access to helpful resources, including one-on-one customer service and Kajabi University.
Apart from The Basic Plan, there’s the Growth plan which is the platform’s most popular offer for $199 per month or $159/mo if paid annually. There is also the Pro plan for $399 per month or $319/month annually and is packed with every feature you’d want when you are designing and selling your course. Kajabi does not currently offer an option to pay for the plan. There is however a fourteen-day free trial is available on each of the three plans. A longer trial of for up to 30 days also offered on select blogs. So if you’re looking to try the service and see if Kajabi’s the right choice for you, then the brief free trial is the best option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros and Cons – What We Really Like About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s own marketing suite of tools, which includes email marketing and automation are designed to be optimized for businessuse, and it isn’t necessary to integrate with third-party solutions to do that!
- The software for sales funnels. Another of the platform’s best-selling points, the sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of proven and easily understood blueprint templates – no need to be overly complicated!
- The ability to customize without limitations. From creating professional-looking course websites down to the custom website, Kajabi lets you customize to your hearts content and even build your brand from the ground up.
- The easy and intuitive website as well as course editor. The creation of content using the website and course builders hasn’t been this easy and swift, and it takes less effort and time to finish the job.
- Infinite integrations are endless. Apart from native integrations that integrate with ten e-commerce, marketing, and analytics solutions, connecting to Zapier’s app lets you to explore and choose from more than one thousand non-native platforms for better efficiency.
- Establishing meaningful relationships with students and fellow instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature lets you engage with the students enrolled in your classes. You can also connect, network, and share your joy with hundreds of teachers similar to you.
The Cons – What We Do Not Like
- The pricey pricing plans. The three plans offered by Kajabi are greater than the average monthly rate offered by other services. There’s no free plan available as well.
- There is no built-in tool to issue certificates. You may need to connect to a third party certificate application if you intend to create custom-made ones of various types.
- Not enough tools for student-instructor engagement. We aren’t happy with the absence of some particular features, including adequate discussion forums, as well as the ability to randomize the assignments or quizzes. Kajabi Opt-In E-Mail
A Review of Kajabi’s Features
Easy of Use and Experience
One thing that we like about Kajabi is the shockingly easy user experience. For one, most of the platform’s User Interface (UI) is organized. If you look at the dashboard menu, you will notice that all features are organized into five main sections: Website, Products, Sales, Marketing, and People. The menu’s design leaves no space for confusion, as certain aspects that belong to specific sections are able to be collapsed. The UI style is very uniform that reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-1” trademark. You can create a landing page, modify your course, and even communicate with your instructors through one website.
It has a search assistant tool that is useful when you need to search for something that may be hard to find. The Kajabi Assistant is located at the top of the dashboard, in the form that of a bar for searching and allows you to search for specific tools and products within the site by entering the words. Like we said the website builder and course builder sections are drag-and-drop and make the process much easier without having to know how to navigate it. Kajabi has a smoother learning curve than a couple of its contemporaries. It can also be used in other languages than English for those who want to expose your content to broader viewers.
Course Creation and Engagement
When you go through Kajabi’s course creation feature, you’ll be able to see a collection of course or product templates, or what the platform calls it, blueprints. Each blueprint for a product is different in its structure and style and can be customized to suit the needs of instructors.
The blueprints listed are Mini Courses, Online Courses and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form quick courses which are generally designed as a way to build brand recognition, while Online Courses are full-version versions with a full content structure that are designed to provide a “world-class” learning experience. Drip courses on the contrary, are classes that are scheduled for the course of a specified number of days or weeks. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s a much more convenient method to distribute your content when you and your students are busy with other activities.
Kajabi is known to many as a renowned premium course-maker. However, in addition to the course types, the product blueprints let you make a membership site where your customers can enjoy exclusive content as well as a coaching session lasting 12 weeks. You can also download a blank template which allows you to design a course or product from the ground up!
Categories, Posts, and Content Uploads
If you continue to explore the course builder you will notice an outline of sections and lessons that have been automatically added when you select one of the blueprints for your course. In Kajabi’s case, those segments and classes are called groups and posts or. The posts are where you put in different types of content, like text, videos images, and text, while the categories act as folders in which the posts are stored.
You may also incorporate subcategories of posts under the same category, if you wish to organize your content more flexiblely. You can also alter the outline by dragging it around. Kajabi accepts a broad range of media and text files that can be used to add to your posts, such as MOV and MP4 files, WAV and MP3 files, PDFs as well as Word documents. Upload any of them from your computer folders or through file-sharing cloud platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can copy and paste existing URLs of your videos to your blog posts!
As with a handful of other platforms for creating courses, Kajabi allows you to utilize the feature of bulk uploads. Like the name implies it allows you to upload all your files to your courses in one page. This one is handy particularly if you’re doing other important stuff.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi offers a lineup of over 10 themes for course players. In contrast to other LMS platforms that only allow you to be given the option to choose the theme you want to use, Kajabi lets you have the freedom to choose different themes for various products. Similar to the course outline builder, it’s relatively easy to customize any of the themes to match your preferences. You can even incorporate details of your brand including logos or images as well as font designs , into your course player to cultivate a personal touch. Kajabi Opt-In E-Mail
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi offers a quiz feature called Assessments that allows you to create quizzes and assignments and then add them to the course of your class. Assessments are a helpful way to determine if your students learned something from the lessons you’ve provided them. With the assessments feature, you get to choose between the three primary question types: multiple-choice, paragraph-style, and multiple-selection. You can even set an acceptable score to encourage your students in engaging with your content more.
In addition, the LMS website also has been able to make strides in providing spaces for teachers and students to interact. Through the Community feature your students are able to interact and comment on all of your courses on their dashboards. It is possible to write your posts to discuss with the rest of them your lessons from the past as well as your future content. The community feature can be accessed as a separate product or as part of your membership area.
Website Design and Customizability
Why share your course contents to your web domain or WordPress web site when Kajabi offers the platform and tools you need to make one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting on all three plans of pricing. The best part is that you’re guaranteed immediate security and safety with the automatic SSL certification, as well as the support of a team to manage your website.
Additionally, you have the freedom to modify your domain and also pick from a variety of professional, one-of-a-kind themes, which you can personalize to your liking! It doesn’t stop there: If you’re an expert in edupreneurship and are a member of the Growth plan and above, you get to import custom-made themes built to meet the ever-changing needs of your business and also remove all Kajabi branding and replace it with your custom-designed theme!
Like the course builders we’ve talked about earlier, the page builder from Kajabi allows you to alter any of the themes on the website using a variety of intuitive and easy-to-handle editing tools. Upon further exploration you’ll be presented with sets of blocks that can be customized and sections. They’re essentially like post categories, and categories we discussed when we’ve discussed how to build courses. Blocks are the elements that compose the content of the website which includes text, media files, as well as clickable button. Sections are, however, are formed by multiple carefully-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 preset section templates you can choose from the dashboard of the page builder. As we’re all glued to our smartphones and tablets nowadays, it makes total sense for Kajabi to have your website automatically adapt to a mobile layout. You can go an extra mile by choosing the elements of your website you want for your members to view. With all the tools you need to build your site how you would like it to appear, Kajabi’s page builder is not only super flexible but also fast to use.
Blogging and Other Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not provide this, but Kajabi allows you to make sections of your website specifically for your blog. There, you can publish information and comments about your course’s content. If you’re looking to get the most out the Kajabi-made website it provides the opportunity to publish your content without restriction. You can get started with posting blog content by making one using an editor for text. You can incorporate SEO elements if you want to expand your reach, group your posts into various categories or even change the way you want your entire blog section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging tools may not be as on with WordPress or Blogspot however, it does have enough tools to allow it to be managed. In addition, you can create podcasts to promote on your site. You can upload the recordings of your podcasts to be hosted on the site and distributed to major podcasting platforms like Apple Podcasts and Spotify. When uploading an episode of your podcast, you have two options: release it as a podcast that is public for free , or create an exclusive private podcast that only your users have access to. Kajabi Opt-In E-Mail
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
Part of what makes Kajabi so popular with edupreneurs is the variety of sales and marketing tools that are extremely user-friendly and easy to even non- marketing experts to make use of!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A major draw for the crowd, Kajabi’s built in E-mail marketing functions allow users to send out e-mails that are related to your course or website to your subscribed member students while seated on the platform. But you may be surprised that it does more than sending e-mails. With the help of Kajabi Automations, you get to build automated sequences of e-mails initiated by different types of user actions. For example, when your student logs in successfully to one of your classes after checkout, a welcome e-mail will be sent automatically directly to the student’s inbox. If another underperforms then an upsell message is sent to suggest improvement Kajabi Opt-In E-Mail
You can send as many emails to your campaigns as you wish and schedule each of them in accordance to your preference. You can even select the members you want to receive those messages. E-mail management has never been so extensive and yet simple to manage. Contrary to other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with tools for marketing e-mails that you don’t require the integration with third-party platforms to make things work.
Apart from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing option that lets you assign certain members of yours as affiliates who can help advertise your website on your behalf. Alongside paying them the commission rate it is also possible to track their performance to see how they can contribute to boosting your conversion and click rates. Kajabi Opt-In E-Mail
Another of Kajabi’s standouts are one of the best features is Pipeline Builder, where you get to create specialized marketing funnels with no overcomplicating difficulties. While other platforms have similar features, which require more effort and time however, Pipeline Builder is a breeze to use. Pipeline Builder is designed to be extremely simple and quick that even beginners can make better use of it. This stunning feature allows you to choose from a set of pre-made funnel designs or pipeline blueprints. This includes:
- Freebies – to be used whenever you’d like to offer the freebie to lead magnet to build your database.
- Sales Page OVO – to use when you need to convince your target customers to purchase your product via an online sales page
- Product Launch OVO is a great option for whenever you’re launching a course or another product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – to use whenever you want to promote your products through web training seminars
- Free Book OVO is a great resource for anytime you’d like to promote your content with an online book for free download.
- Coaching Campaign OVO – for when you’re trying to promote your classes through a series of coaching sessions
- Blank design – for when you want to build your sales funnel from ground
Once you select from any of the blueprints for a pipeline Kajabi instantly creates pages and e-mails that you’ll have to put together to make an effective sales funnel. You may customize however you would like your sales funnel to appear to your audience. You could even alter the theme of your checkout and landing pages, for instance, to a different one – there is a library full of 40+ templates for landing pages that you can choose from.
Prices and Payment Methods
Kajabi lets you integrate seamlessly with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal so that your member students are able to select one of them to pay for your course. Stripe is the common payment option that allows debit and credit card transactions as well as various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal however, on the contrary hand, is available as an alternative for subscribers and multi-payment plans. There aren’t any urgent transaction fees on Kajabi’s part, as all your earnings will be immediately transferred directly to the bank accounts of your choice.
In terms of pricing options, Kajabi gives customers a variety of pricing options of options to select from. You can make your student pay for services at various time frames (one-time or subscription and several payments) or give them away at no cost. You can also choose to decide if you want to charge a specified price for one product or multiple products, as well as set specific dates that your customers can access within a specific period of time. Additionally, you can create coupons that will further encourage your audience to purchase any of your offers. Kajabi Opt-In E-Mail
Integration with Third-Party Services
Kajabi has a variety of built-in services needed to make and market your courses however, you also have the option to connect to third-party applications to provide more functions. The platform is currently able to support the integration of ten natively-built integrations, such as the well-known analytics service Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier is extremely useful because it allows connections with hundreds of other tools and third-party apps from e-commerce to user experience.
Customer Support and Training Resources
In terms of customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over its competitors because it’s among the few platforms for creating courses which provide 24/7 live chat support. Unlike some similar services that offer customer support, Kajabi’s team is always ready to assist you if you’re having difficulties in creating an online course or website, in addition to other important issues, anytime and wherever. However, it’s important to note that this 24 hour feature is available for instructors that are on the Growth plan up to for basic users, live chat is available at certain times and times of the week. However, Kajabi’s method of customer support has been highly praised by many of the instructors who use it to develop meaningful course content. Kajabi Opt-In E-Mail
For tools for training, Kajabi gives the user a range of access to use resources to learn and get used to. Its Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, classes and informational content that are specifically designed for educators and edupreneurs who want to gain traction or boost their standing in the course creation world. There are also every day Q&A webinars that feature prominent experts from various fields as guests, plus when you’re looking for other advice and tricks assistance, the help section is always there to guide you along the way. Alongside Kajabi’s Hero University, there is an additional Kajabi Hero Rewards program in which course creators get rewarded with tons of sweet perks as they achieve their objectives.
What Else is Missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi could be an excellent all-in-one solution to create and promote your course content However, we need to take care of a few essential things that aren’t being addressed. A majority of them could have been extremely helpful in improving the experience. Here are the following things we would like to see added to Kajabi’s system in the near future:
- Built-in tools for issuance of certificates and other credentials. While some provide this service instructors who utilize Kajabi often will still need to connect to third-party apps that are specialized in the issue of certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we may appreciate the way that the platform handles assessments within courses, we wish for the lack of different types of questions and the randomization of those types that is addressed as soon as possible.
- Other payment options. As of this writing there are only two options for transactions: Stripe or PayPal are accepted. Not only that, we don’t understand why there are limits too.
- A public API key. This could have been helpful for custom integrations, such as having your students who have subscribed to your service log in with the single sign-in feature with other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi could have the majority of the features an Edupreneur could dream of. However, due to the high cost plan and a certain lack in terms of functionality, the site may cause some to be turned off. If you’re seeking alternatives that have collective similarities in comparison to Kajabi regarding performance and reliability we’ve listed a few worthy competitors that you may be considering in your decision. Kajabi Opt-In E-Mail
- New Zenler is an online course platform that offers all-in-one services that are similar to Kajabi. The only difference is the price that starts at $67/month You are able to create unlimited courses and advertise your course to the right audience without worrying about breaking the bank!
- Podia does not just claim to be a creator-friendly platform. It’s also very easy to use, much easier than even Kajabi! In addition, you can make use of marketing features Podia is much less heavy than other. With the extremely affordable price we can understand the ways Podia can appeal to individuals who are just starting out in the business.
- While Kajabi does not have credentials or sophisticated quiz functions, Thinkific makes up for the shortcomings. With a beginner-friendly price range, it sure does offer more industry-level functions than Kajabi, and this includes live lessons and a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is similar to Thinkific in the way it works. But, we need to appreciate the way that Teachable can integrate additional payment options since it supports Google Pay and Apple Pay two gateways that Kajabi doesn’t have. You can also avail one-on-one coaching and other core features.
In the end, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park for offering a wide range of features that most edupreneurs can utilize. It does provide the essentials anyone must need including the intuitive features needed to build a professional-looking website to the stellar integrated marketing suite that includes the addition of simple plans for sales funnels, as well as effective marketing tools for e-mails.
There could be some instruments that aren’t there for example, the issuance of certificates specifically. Also, with its high price tag, it may not be the wise option for those with a tight budget. However, we understand that, while Kajabi does very well as an all-in-one solution for course creation, it will always have limits. However, that doesn’t stop it however, from being an extremely popular choice for established entrepreneurs and creators!
If you’re still looking to find an LMS that gives you all you require on one platform, Kajabi is something you should strongly consider.
FAQ Kajabi Opt-In E-Mail
What does the word Kajabi refer to?
The word “Kajabi” derives from a word with Islamic or Arabic origin which means “to fly.”
Can I sell physical products on Kajabi?
Yes! In addition to the normal courses, you can also sell physical products through Kajabi. You can even connect with Shopify to build a fully functional online store on the platform!
Regarding marketing via e-mail, is it possible that Kajabi can take over MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already includes the tools for marketing via email built within the platform, it’s logical that it’s enough to replace third-party programs such as MailChimp. However, if you do wish to utilize this feature, Kajabi still allows you to integrate with it and other applications too.
Are you sure that Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has a mobile app so that you and the members who have subscribed can access all your course content even when you’re traveling. Kajabi Opt-In E-Mail