A myriad of learning management systems (LMS) platforms offer a variety of essential features that can be utilized when creating content of high quality. While there could be a lot of sites that let you make use of modern marketing tools to promote classes to your intended audience, others may not have most of these features. And while some offer easy-to-use tools to build courses, there’ll also be few that may provide editing options that is so complicated it turns its users off.
Among a sea of e-course platforms, there are a few that offer not just a simple editing interface, but also an array of sales and marketing functions. In addition to that, they also offer almost everything you could think of including 24/7 support and training resources to top-notch analytics. All-in-one course platforms let you go beyond the limits of your abilities and one of the platforms which can provide this is Kajabi.
A Quick Look What is Kajabi? Kajabi Outside Lands
Kajabi can be described as an online service that lets you create and sell your content to your customers. It is marketed as a complete service and platform for edupreneurs, Kajabi offers edupren all walks of life with optimized and vital features to not just create a professional site for your courses, but let them grow to higher levels. Kajabi has been critically acclaimed and regarded as one of the top online course platforms, gaining an overwhelming positive score with a score of 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-received among its users? It’s true that there are many aspects that make this platform very convenient for everyone to use. It’s first and foremost the simplicity of usage. From course creation all the way to marketing and sales the majority of Kajabi’s aspects are designed to be easily digestible even for those who are only beginning to get started in the world of online courses. Most of them are also advanced, giving administrating instructors the added edge over others. In addition, it lets budding entrepreneurs like you to run and create a course-making business without the need to look elsewhere if anything else isn’t available. Kajabi provides all the tools anyone may need and is a true testament the ‘one-stop-shop name.
What Does It Let You Do?
There are numerous ways that Kajabi lets you create an all-in-one e-learning solution. We’ve compiled a list, in bullet points of the most important characteristics that you might want to watch out for if you’re considering the option. In simple terms, Kajabi allows you:
- Create interactive and engaging courses with a wide array of customizing tools including media files, templates that you can pick according to your preference;
- Create a visually appealing website to present your course content and materials, as well as your own blog to keep your students updated on what else is new;
- Efficiently make use of websites, landing pages and checkout sites and other viable methods to increase your earnings, expand your reach over the boundaries, and generate higher conversion rates;
- Decide how you would like to charge your courses and other products for your students, whether it’s a one-time fee or a subscription for a month;
- Design and build effective sales funnels without any problems through the use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Make use of its internal marketing and analytics suite that includes the ability to send out e-mails and CRM as well as automation tools.
- Set up and manage your affiliate links, and
- Explore an array of community, and training resources and features, including the Kajabi University feature.
Famous Names that have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted by more than 16,000 organizations and famous personalities. Kajabi is the preferred choice of some of the well-known names who come from different industries, such as online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is home to thousands upon thousands of courses, which are accessed and explored by more than 35 million students from across the globe. At the time of the time this article was written, Kajabi is generating more than $650million in sales since its inception in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing options that Kajabi provides are very different from other online course-making services in that they’re much more expensive. With monthly rates that start at just $119, it’s not surprising that this might be an issue for those who want to give it a try. However, when you consider the number of essential features already packed within each plan, the pricing is logically reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start by offering the Basic plan that costs $149 per month or $119/month for billing annually. This plan lets you are able to design three products, gain an maximum of 1 000 active clients, and make a website that you can customize with tools fully provided by Kajabi’s platform. Also included are unlimited pages for landing websites, indefinite marketing e-mails and access to unlimited valuable resources, including one-on one customer support as well as Kajabi University.
In addition to the Basic plan, there’s the Growth plan which is Kajabi’s most popular plan for $199 per month or $159/month if you pay annually. There is also the Pro plan for $399 per month or $319/month annually that is loaded to the brim with all the features you’d want when making and selling your courses. Kajabi is currently not offering an option to pay for the plan. But a 14-day trial is available. trial is available on all three plans. An extended trial that lasts for up to 30 days also offered on select blogs. So if you wish to test the waters to determine if Kajabi is the right choice for you, then the brief trial period is the ideal method to start.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros and Cons – What We Really Like About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s in-house marketing suite of tools, including automated e-mail marketing, and automation are specifically designed to be designed for businesses, so it isn’t necessary to integrate with other third-party services to do this!
- The software for sales funnels. Another one of the platform’s best-selling points is the Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of well-tested and understood blueprint templates – no need to get too complicated!
- The ability to customize without limitations. From creating professional-looking course websites up to the customized website, Kajabi lets you customize to your hearts content and even create your own brand from scratch.
- The easy and intuitive website and course editors. Making content with the site and the course creator software was never this easy and swift, and it requires less time and effort to get everything done.
- Infinite integrations. Aside from native integrations that integrate with ten e-commerce, marketing, and analytics services, connection to Zapier’s app allows users to investigate and select from more than a thousand non-native platforms that can improve your effectiveness.
- Building worthwhile relationships with students and fellow instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature lets you connect with students enrolled in your classes. It also lets you make connections, network and celebrate with tons of teachers in the same position as you.
The Cons – Things We Don’t Like
- The steep pricing plans. Kajabi’s three pricing plans are higher than the typical monthly prices that other providers offer. There’s no free option available neither.
- No built-in tools to issue certificates. It is possible connect to a third-party certificate software if you want to make custom-designed certificates that are of different types.
- Not enough tools for student-instructor engagement. We don’t appreciate the lack of certain features, like adequate discussion forums, as well as the ability to randomly assign the assignments or quizzes. Kajabi Outside Lands
A Review of Kajabi’s Features
Easy of Use and Experience
One thing that we like about Kajabi is its surprisingly simple user experience. First, the majority of the platform’s User Interface (UI) is well-organized. If you check the dashboard menu, you will find that all the features are divided into five major sections – Website Products, Sales, Marketing and People. The layout of the menu leaves no space for clutter, as some features that are related to the specific section can be collapsed. The UI style is very uniform, reflecting Kajabi’s ‘all-in-one’ trademark. You can create an online landing page, change your course, and engage with other instructors on one site.
The search assistant is a tool that can be useful when you need to search for something that may be difficult to find. The Kajabi Assistant is located at the top of the dashboard in the form of a search bar it allows you to search for items and tools within the website by typing in the keywords. As mentioned previously the website builder and course builder sections are drag-and-drop, making the process simpler without having to know how to navigate the site. Kajabi has a smoother learning curve than some of its competitors. It is also compatible with other languages that English if you wish to share your content with broader audiences.
Course Development and Engagement
Once you explore Kajabi’s course creation function, you may be able to see a collection of product or course templates or what the platform refers to them, blueprints. Each of the blueprints for products is different in its structure and style and can be customized to meet the needs of any instructor.
The blueprints listed are Mini Courses and Online Courses, and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form , quick courses which are generally designed as a means of gaining the brand’s value, whereas Online Courses are full-version courses that have a complete structure of content designed for an “world-class” education experience. Drip courses, on other hand, are programs that are scheduled for a set series of days or weeks. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s a much more convenient way to share your content when you or your students are busy working on other projects.
Kajabi may be known by many as a renowned premium course-maker. But, aside from the course types, the product blueprints let you make a membership site that allows your customers to access exclusive content and a coach session for 12 weeks. There’s also a blank template that allows you to create your own course or product completely from scratch!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
As you further explore the course builder you’ll notice the outline of the sections and lessons which have been automatically added when you select one of the blueprints for your course. In Kajabi’s instance, these parts and the lessons referred to as post categories as well as category, and vice versa. Posts are where you put in different types of content including text, video, and images, while the categories act as folders in which the posts are stored.
You may also incorporate subcategories of posts within the same category, if you wish to arrange your content in a flexible way. You can move and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a broad range of text and media files to be added to your posts, including MOV and MP4 files MP3 and WAV files, PDFs and Word documents. Upload any of them either through your computer’s folders or via cloud-based file sharing platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can even add existing URLs for your videos into your blog posts!
Like several other course-making platforms, Kajabi allows you to use the bulk upload feature. As the name suggests it allows you to upload all your files to your courses in the same tab. This is a great option especially when you’re doing other important stuff.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi offers a lineup of over 10 course player themes. Unlike other LMS platforms where you’re only given the option to choose only one of three theme options, Kajabi lets you have the choice of selecting several themes to suit different products. Similar to the course outline builder, it’s relatively simple to modify any of the themes to suit your personal style. It is possible to incorporate specifics of your company’s image like your logo, images, and font designs into your course player to cultivate your own personal style. Kajabi Outside Lands
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi has a quiz feature called Assessments that allows you to design and create assignments and quizzes and include them as part of your class. Assessments are a helpful way to determine whether your students have learned something from the curriculum you’ve given them. With the assessments feature, you can select from three main question types: multiple-choice, multi-selection, or paragraph-style. You can even set a passing score to motivate your students in engaging with your content.
Apart from that, the LMS website also has made strides in creating spaces for students and teachers to interact. With the Community feature, students have access to comment and interact with any of your courses via their dashboards. It is possible to write your posts to discuss with other students your previous lessons and also your future content. The community feature is offered as a separate feature or as an element of membership space.
Website Design and Customizability
Why share your course contents to your web domain as well as WordPress web site when Kajabi has the platform and tools you need to build one on the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting across three plans of pricing. The best part is that you’re guaranteed immediate safety and security with an automated SSL certification and the support of a team to manage your website.
You’re also given the liberty to modify your domain as well as pick from a wide array of unique, professional themes that you can personalize to your liking! The possibilities don’t end there: If you’re an expert edupreneur and are a member of the Growth plan or higher, you get to download custom-designed themes designed to meet the ever-changing needs of your business and also eliminate the Kajabi brand names and then replace it with your personal brand!
Just like the course builder that we’ve discussed previously, Kajabi’s page builders allows you to modify any of the given themes for websites using a set of easy-to-use and user-friendly editing tools. After further exploration you’ll be presented with a variety of customizable blocks and sections. They’re essentially like the categories and posts we discussed when we’ve discussed our course building tool. Blocks are referred to as the components that comprise the site’s content, such as media files, text or clickable icons. Sections are, however are made up of multiple neatly-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 preset section templates that you can pick from the page builder’s dashboard. As we’re all glued to our smartphones and tablets it’s logical for Kajabi to have your website automatically adapt to a mobile-friendly layout. You can even go the extra mile and select the element of your site you would like for your member learners to view. With all the tools you need to build your site as you wish it to appear, Kajabi’s page builder is not just extremely flexible, but also fast to use.
Blogging and Other Website Features
Other LMS platforms might not offer this, but Kajabi allows you to create sections of your website that is dedicated to your blog, where you can post information and comments on the content of your course. If you’re looking to get the most the Kajabi-made website it provides a space where you can post your blog posts without limitations. It is possible to begin with posting blog content by creating one with Text Editor. It is possible to include SEO elements if you want to expand your reach and organize your blog posts into various categories, or even change the way you want your entire blog section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging capabilities might not be on par as WordPress or Blogspot However, it comes with enough tools to allow it to be managed. Additionally, you can also create podcasts that you can promote on your site. You can upload audio recordings of your podcast that will be hosted on your website and then distributed to major podcast listening platforms such as iTunes Podcasts as well as Spotify. When you upload a podcast episode there are two options: either release the podcast as a public one for free or make an exclusive private version which only your subscribers are able to access. Kajabi Outside Lands
Marketing and Sales
A big part of what makes Kajabi so popular with edupreneurs is its array of marketing and sales tools that are highly easy and straightforward for even those who aren’t marketing experts to utilize!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A big draw among the crowd, Kajabi’s built in E-mail marketing functions allow users to send out e-mails related to your course and website to your subscribed member students within the comforts of the platform. However, you might be amazed by the fact that it goes beyond sending e-mails. With the help with Kajabi Automations, you get to create automated sequences of emails that are triggered by various user actions. For example, when a student is successfully logged in to one of your classes after checkout, a welcome e-mail will be sent automatically into their email inbox. If the course performs poorly the course, an upsell will be sent to suggest improvement Kajabi Outside Lands
You can create as many e-mails to your campaigns as you wish and schedule each one in accordance with your preferences. You can choose which of your members gets to receive these messages. The management of e-mails has never been more comprehensive yet easy to handle. Unlike other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with tools for marketing e-mails that you will not require the integration with third-party platforms to make things work.
Aside from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing function where you get to assign certain members of yours as affiliates who can help promote your content on your behalf. In addition to paying them a commission and monitoring their performance to gauge the extent to which they are contributing to increasing your conversion and click rates. Kajabi Outside Lands
Another of Kajabi’s top features can be one of the best features is Pipeline Builder, where you get to create specialized marketing funnels that do not have any overly complicated problems. While other platforms provide similar features that require much more time and effort and effort, Pipeline Builder is a breeze to use. Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even those who aren’t experts are able to make the most of it. This amazing feature lets you select from a variety of pre-designed funnel blueprints or templates for pipelines. This includes:
- Freebies – to be used whenever you want to offer an offer as a lead magnet to increase your database.
- Sales Page OVO is a great option when you need to convince your intended audience to buy your product by utilizing a sales page
- Product Launch OVO – for whenever you’re launching a course or any other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO is a great option for whenever you want to promote your products through web seminars
- Free Book OVO is a great resource for whenever you want to showcase your content the free digital book that you can download
- Coaching Campaign OVO – to use when you’re trying to promote your classes through a series of coaching sessions
- Blank plan – to use whenever you want to build your sales funnel from starting
After you pick one of the blueprints for a pipeline, Kajabi automatically creates pages and e-mails that you’ll need to pull off an effective sales funnel. You can alter the way you would like your sales funnel to look to your customers. You can even alter the theme of your landing and checkout pages, for example, to a different one The library is filled with 40+ pages templates you can choose from.
Prices and Payment Methods
Kajabi lets you seamlessly integrate with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal so that your member students can get to choose between the two to pay for your courses. Stripe is a popular payment option that accepts credit and debit card transactions as well as certain e-wallet providers across the world. PayPal, on the other hand, is available as an option for subscriptions as well as multi-payment plans. There aren’t any fees for transactions on the part of Kajabi since all the money you earn will be immediately transferred directly to the bank accounts of your choice.
In terms of pricing options, Kajabi provides you a wide range to choose from. You can make your student pay for services at various dates (one-time subscription, one-time, or multiple payments) or give them away for free. You can also choose to choose whether you’re planning to charge a specific amount for a single product or multiple products, and establish specific dates for your students can access your products within a certain period of time. You also get to generate coupons to encourage your audience to purchase the products you offer. Kajabi Outside Lands
Integrations to Third-Party Services
Kajabi may have a plethora of built-in features to help you create and market your courses However, you have the option of connecting to third-party applications to provide an added boost in functionality. Kajabi currently has the integration of ten natively-built integrations, such as the popular analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier is extremely useful because it allows connections with hundreds of other third-party applications and tools, ranging from e-commerce to user experience.
Customer Support and Training Resources
In terms of customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over other platforms because it’s one of the few platforms for creating courses that offer 24/7 live chat support. Unlike some similar services the Kajabi customer support team is always ready to assist you when you’re struggling to create pages or courses, among other issues that are important, at any time and anywhere. It’s crucial to note that this 24 hour feature is available for instructors that are on the Growth plan up to for Basic users live Chat support can be scheduled for certain times and times on weekdays. Nonetheless, Kajabi’s approach to customer service has been praised by many who use it to design relevant courses. Kajabi Outside Lands
As for tools to train, Kajabi provides you a variety of ways to resources that you can master and then become proficient with. Kajabi Hero University Kajabi Hero University is packed with courses, tutorials and informational content that are specifically geared towards teachers and edupreneurs, to help them gain traction or boost their standing in the field of course development. You’re also invited to every day Q&A webinars that feature top experts from various areas as guests. Additionally when you’re looking for more tips and tricks, the help center is always there to guide you along the way. Apart from the platform’s Hero University, there is Kajabi’s Hero Rewards program where course creators can earn tons of sweet perks as they achieve their objectives.
What else is missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi may be a great all-in-one solution to create and market your course content however, we must look at a few crucial aspects that are not being addressed. A majority of them could be extremely useful to enhance the user experience. These are some of the things that we wish would be included in Kajabi’s system soon:
- Built-in tools that issue certificates and other credentials. While some offer this feature instructors using Kajabi frequently will require connecting to third-party apps that are specialized in the issue of certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we are pleased with the way that the platform handles assessments within the course, we would like for the lack of options for question types – plus randomization of said types that is addressed as soon as possible.
- Additional payment options. As of the moment there are only two options for transactions: Stripe or PayPal will be accepted. Not only that, we don’t understand why there are certain limits also.
- A public API key. This could be useful for custom integrations, such as letting your subscribed students log in with the single sign-in option in other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi may have essentially most of the features any aspiring edupreneur could ever dream of. However, due to the high cost plan and a certain lack of features, it might make some people turn away. If you’re seeking alternatives that have commonalities to Kajabi in terms of reliability and performance we’ve listed a few worthy competitors that you may want to consider in your decision. Kajabi Outside Lands
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in-one services that are similar to Kajabi. The only significant difference is the cost that starts at $67/month You are able to create unlimited courses and advertise to your audience of choice without ever having to worry about the cost!
- Podia does not just claim to be a creator-friendly platform. It’s also extremely simple to use, and much more user-friendly than even Kajabi! In addition, you can make use of marketing features, it’s much lighter than the other. With the extremely affordable price, we can imagine the way Podia can appeal to individuals who are just starting out in the business.
- While Kajabi lacks credentials and advanced quiz features, Thinkific makes up for them. With its affordable price and a wide range of features, it certainly offers higher-end features than Kajabi, and this includes live-taught courses as well as a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in terms of how it functions. However, we must appreciate how the former can incorporate additional payment options, as it accepts Google Pay and Apple Pay which are two gateways Kajabi doesn’t have. It also lets you utilize one-on-one coaching as well as other essential features.
Overall, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park by offering a wide range of tools that most entrepreneurs utilize. It sure does offer the basic features that everyone needs, from intuitive functions needed to build a professional-looking web pages to the fantastic built-in marketing suite with the addition of simple plans for sales funnels, as well as effective email marketing tools.
There could be some tools that are missing like the issuance of certificates in particular. Plus with a steep cost, it might not be the right choice among the budget-conscious. However, we understand that even though Kajabi performs great as an all-in one solution for creating courses but it’s not without limits. It doesn’t hinder it, however, from becoming a favorite among experienced entrepreneurs and creators!
If you’re still searching for an LMS that gives you all you require on one platform, Kajabi is something you should strongly think about.
FAQ Kajabi Outside Lands
What does the word Kajabi refer to?
The word “Kajabi” derives from the word “Kajabi,” which is of Islamic (or Arabic origin which means “to fly.”
Do I have the ability to sell physical items on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard classes, you can also sell physical products through Kajabi. You can even integrate with Shopify to create a fully-functioning online store on Kajabi!
In terms of e-mail marketing, is it possible that Kajabi could be able to be able to replace MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already comes with the tools for marketing via email built into the platform, it makes sense that it’s sufficient to take over third-party apps such as MailChimp. However, if you intend to make use of it, Kajabi still allows you to integrate with it and other apps as well.
Does Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has a mobile app to ensure that you and your subscribers have access to all course content even when you’re in the move. Kajabi Outside Lands