Hundreds of learning management system (LMS) platforms offer many important features you can utilize whenever you create meaningful content. While there may be plenty of sites that let you utilize advanced marketing tools to advertise the courses you offer to your target audience, others might not provide all the features. While some provide easy-to-use course-building tools, there will be a few that offer editing features that are that is so complicated it turns its users off.
Within the sea of online course platforms There are some which offer more than just the basic editing interface but also a plethora of marketing and sales functions. In addition to that they provide you with nearly all you can think of, from 24/7 help and training tools to top-of-the-line analytics. All-in-one courses let you discover the world beyond your boundaries One of them that offer it effortlessly is Kajabi.
In a nutshell What is Kajabi? Yoga With Tim Kajabi
Kajabi is an online platform that lets you make and sell your content to your audience of students. Branded as an all-in-one service and platform for edupreneurs, Kajabi offers edupren all kinds of industries with the best and vital features to not only create a professional website for your courses , but help them rise to higher levels. Kajabi has been praised by the media and considered to be one of the top online learning platforms, with an overwhelming positive rating with a score of 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so popular and well-received among its users? There are numerous factors that make this platform extremely easy for anyone to use. Firstly, it’s the extreme user-friendliness. From course creation to marketing the majority of the Kajabi features have been designed so that they are easily accessible to those who are just getting started in the e-course world. The majority of them are advanced, which gives instructors who administer the course an edge over other instructors. Lastly it allows budding entrepreneurs such as you manage and build courses without having to go to another place if something else isn’t available. Kajabi provides all the tools that anyone could require in order to live up its ‘one stop shop name.
What Does It Let You Do?
There are many kinds of methods that Kajabi can use as an all-in-one online course solution. We’ve compiled a list, in bullet form of the most important characteristics that you might want to be aware of when you’re thinking about the option. Simply put, Kajabi lets you:
- Create interactive and engaging classes using a range of customizing tools such as media files, templates that you can choose depending on your preferences;
- Create a visually appealing website to display your course materials and other products and a blog where you can keep your students up-to-date on what’s new.
- Make the most of the landing page, checkout pages and other viable methods to boost the profits you earn, extend your reach beyond the limits and increase conversion rates.
- Choose how you wish to charge your courses or other items to your students – whether it’s a one-time fee or a monthly subscription
- Create effective sales funnels with no any difficulties by making use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Make use of its internal marketing and analytics suite with e-mail marketing, CRM, and automated tools.
- Manage and create your affiliate links; and
- Explore a variety of community and training tools, with the addition of the Kajabi University feature.
The Big Names Who Have Utilized Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted by more than 16,000 companies and big-name personalities. Kajabi is the preferred choice of some of the well-known names that are from various industries, such as online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi hosts thousands upon thousands of courses, accessed and explored by over 35 million students all over the world. At the time of time of writing Kajabi has generated over $650 million in sales since it was founded in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing plans that Kajabi provides are very different from other online course-making services in that they’re more expensive. With monthly costs that begin at as low as $119 it’s not surprising that it can be a hindrance for some who want to give it a try. But considering the huge amount of important features included in each plan, pricing is reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start with the Basic plan that costs $149 per month or $119/month for billing annually. This plan lets you get to create three products, gain a maximum of 1 000 active clients, and design your own website you can create with the tools offered by the platform. Additionally, you get unlimited landing pages, unlimited marketing emails, and unlimited access to valuable resources, including one-on one customer support as well as Kajabi University.
In addition to basic plans, there is the Growth plan, which happens to be Kajabi’s most popular plan at $199 a month or $159/mo when paid annually, and the Pro plan, which costs $399 per month or $319/mo yearly that is loaded with every feature you’d like when it comes to creating and selling your courses. Kajabi is currently not offering a free plan option. However, a 14-day no-cost trial is available for all three plans. A trial extension that runs as long as 30 days also offered on select blogs, so if you want to test the waters to determine if Kajabi is the right fit for you, the short trial offer is the best way to go.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Like About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s marketing suite in-house of tools, including automated e-mail marketing, and automation are specifically designed to be optimized for businessuse, and you don’t have to connect with any other third-party service for this!
- The sales funnel software. Another one of the most popular features on the platform, the Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of tested and understood blueprint templates – no need to overcomplicate yourself!
- The ability to customize without limitations. From creating professional-looking course websites up to the customized name, Kajabi lets you customize according to your own preferences – and even build your brand from scratch.
- The user-friendly and simple site along with course editors. Making content with the site and the course builder software has never been so easy and swift, and it takes less time and effort to get everything done.
- Infinite integrations. Apart from native integrations that integrate with ten e-commerce, marketing, and analytics tools, connecting to Zapier’s app allows you to explore and choose from more than one thousand non-native platforms for better efficiency.
- Establishing meaningful relationships with students and fellow instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature lets you connect with students who are enrolled in your classes. It also lets you make connections, network and celebrate with a multitude of teachers in the same position as you.
The Cons – What We Don’t Like
- The steep pricing plans. Three pricing options offered by Kajabi cost greater than the average monthly rates offered by other services. There’s no free plan available either.
- There is no built-in tool to issue certificates. It is possible connect to a third-party certificate application if you intend to create custom-made ones of different kinds.
- Not enough tools for student-instructor engagement. We aren’t happy with the absence of some particular features, including proper discussion forums and the ability to randomly assign quizzes or assignments. Yoga With Tim Kajabi
A Review of Kajabi’s Features
User-Friendliness and Experience
One thing we love about Kajabi is its surprisingly simple user experience. For one, most of the User Interface (UI) is well-organized. If you look at the dashboard menu, you may find that all the features are divided into five major sections: Website Products, Sales Marketing, and People. The menu’s design does not allow for confusion, as certain elements that are associated with a specified section are collapsible. The UI style is very uniform, reflecting Kajabi’s ‘all-in-one’ brand name. You can build an online landing page, change your course and interact with your fellow instructors on one site.
It has a search assistant tool that is useful when you need to search for something that may be difficult to locate. The Kajabi Assistant can be found in the top of the dashboard, in the form as a “search bar, and it lets you look for tools and items within the website by typing in the search terms. Like we said the website builder and course builder sections can be dragged and dropped and make the process much easier without the need to know how to navigate the site. Kajabi has a smoother learning curve compared to several of its peers. It also supports multiple languages other that English for those who want to expose your content to broader audiences.
Course Development and Engagement
Once you explore Kajabi’s course creation feature, you’ll quickly come across a variety of course or product templates, or the way it calls them blueprints. Each of the product blueprints differs in terms of structure and design and can be easily modified to meet the needs of any instructor.
Included among the listed blueprints are Mini Courses as well as Online Courses and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are quick-form courses that are usually created as a way to build brand value, while online Courses are full-version types with a full content structure designed for an “world-class” educational experience. Drip courses, on other hand, are programs that are scheduled for an established period of days or weeks. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s a much more convenient way to share your content when you as well as your students are occupied with other things.
Kajabi is known to many as a renowned premium course maker. Apart from kinds of courses offered, the blueprints let you make a membership site for your members to enjoy exclusive content and a coach session that spans 12 weeks. The template is also blank where you can create your own course or product completely from the ground up!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
If you continue to look into the course builder, you’ll see an outline of sections and lessons which have been automatically added when you select any of the course blueprints. In Kajabi’s case, those segments and classes are called groups and posts respectively. Posts are where you insert various types of content like text, videos, and images, while the categories function as folders for the posts that are stored.
It is also possible to include subcategories of posts under a category if you want to structure your content flexibly. You may also alter the outline by dragging it around. Kajabi accepts a broad range of text and media files that can be used to add to your posts, including MOV and MP4 files, WAV and MP3 files PDFs, and even Word documents. Upload any of them either via your computer’s folders, or through file-sharing cloud platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can also copy and paste existing URLs of your video to your posts!
Like a few select course-making platforms, Kajabi allows you to use the bulk upload feature. Similar to the name that you can upload all your files to your courses on the same tab. This one is handy especially when you’re doing other important stuff.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi provides a selection of more than 10 themes for courses. Unlike other LMS platforms, where you’re offered the choice of only one of three theme options, Kajabi lets you have the option of choosing different themes for different products. Like the outline creator, it’s simple to modify any theme to suit your personal style. You can also incorporate elements that represent your brand like your logo, images, and font designs , into the course player to add a an individual touch. Yoga With Tim Kajabi
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi includes a quiz function called Assessments that allows you to create quizzes and assignments and include them as part of your curriculum. Assessments are an effective method of determining if your students learned something from the curriculum you’ve given them. With the assessments option, you are able to choose between the three primary types of questions: multiple-choice paragraph-style, and multiple-selection. You can even set a passing score to motivate your students to be more engaged with your material more.
In addition in addition, it is also important to note that the LMS site has also been able to make strides in providing spaces for teachers and students to connect. Through the Community feature your learners are given access to participate and leave comments on all of your courses on their dashboards. You can also write your blog posts for discussion with the rest of them your lessons from the past and also your future content. The community feature can be accessed either as a standalone product or as part of your membership.
Website Design and Customizability
Why should you upload your course materials on your website’s domain as well as WordPress web site when Kajabi offers the platform and tools you need to create one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting across the three plans of pricing. What’s awesome about it is you’re assured of instant safety and security with an automatic SSL certification and the support of a team to manage your site.
Additionally, you have the freedom to modify your domain and also pick from a wide array of professional, one-of-a-kind themes that you can customize to your liking! The possibilities don’t end there: If you’re an expert in edupreneurship and have signed up to the Growth plan or higher you can use custom-designed themes that are built to meet the ever-changing needs of your business, plus remove any Kajabi logos and substitute that with your personal brand!
Just like the course builder we’ve mentioned previously, Kajabi’s page builders allows you to modify any of the themes on the website using a variety of intuitive and easy-to-handle editing tools. After further exploration you’ll be presented with a variety of customizable blocks and sections. They’re similar to those categories as well as posts from when we’ve talked about the course builder. Blocks are referred to as the elements that compose the site’s content, such as text, media files, as well as clickable button. Sections are, however, are formed by multiple carefully-arranged blocks.
There are more than 40 pre-designed section templates that you can pick from the page builder’s dashboard. As we’re all glued to our smartphones and small tablets it is logical to use Kajabi to have your website automatically adjust to a mobile-friendly layout. You can even go the extra mile and select the elements of your website you want members to view. With all the necessary tools to make your site look however you want it to appear Kajabi’s page builders are not just extremely flexible, but also easy to manage.
Blogging and Other Web-based Features
Other LMS platforms may not provide this feature, however Kajabi allows you to make a section of your website that is dedicated to your blog, where you can share comments and updates about your course’s content. If you’re looking to get the most of your Kajabi-made site this service offers you a space where you can post your blog posts without limitations. You can get started with your blog posts by creating one with an editor for text. It is possible to incorporate SEO elements if you want to reach a larger audience and organize your blog posts into different categories, and even alter the way you would like your blog’s entire section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging features may not be as up to par as WordPress or Blogspot however, it does have enough tools to be manageable. In addition, you can create podcasts that you could promote on your site. You can upload the recordings of your podcast to be hosted on the site and distributed to major podcasting platforms like iTunes Podcasts as well as Spotify. When you upload a podcast episode you can choose between two options: either release the podcast as a public one free of charge or create an exclusive private one which only your subscribers have access to. Yoga With Tim Kajabi
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
One of the reasons that make Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is its array of marketing and sales tools that are extremely convenient and simple enough even for those who aren’t marketing experts to use!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A huge draw among the masses, Kajabi’s built-in email marketing feature allows users to send out e-mails that are related to your course or websites to your members who are subscribed students from the comfort of the platform. You might be surprised that it does more than just send e-mails. With the help of Kajabi Automations, you get to build automated sequences of e-mails triggered by various user actions. For example, when a student logs in successfully to one of your classes after checkout, a welcome e-mail will be automatically sent directly to the student’s inbox. If the course performs poorly, an upsell is sent to suggest an improvement Yoga With Tim Kajabi
You can create as many e-mails for your campaigns as you like and schedule each one in accordance to your preference. You can also choose which members of your group are eligible the messages. The management of e-mails has never been so extensive and yet simple to manage. Unlike other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with marketing tools for e-mails. You wouldn’t have to worry about the integration with third-party platforms to make things work.
In addition, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing feature where you get to assign certain members of yours as affiliates to help promote your content on behalf of you. Alongside paying them the commission rate, you may also track their performance to see the extent to which they are contributing to boosting your conversion and click rates. Yoga With Tim Kajabi
Another one of Kajabi’s overall top features is its Pipeline Builder, where you can create custom marketing funnels without a lot of difficulties. While other platforms have similar features that require more time and effort however, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even beginners can make better use of it. This feature is stunning and lets you select from a variety of pre-designed funnel templates or pipeline blueprints. These include the following:
- Freebie – for whenever you’d like to provide the freebie to lead magnet to grow your list
- Sales Page OVO is a great option when you need to convince your target public to buy your product by utilizing a sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use any time you’re launching a course or another product
- Zoom Webinar OVO is a great option for any time you wish to promote your product via web workshops
- Free Book OVO is a great resource for anytime you’d like to promote your content with an online book for free download.
- Coaching Campaign OVO – for when you’re trying to promote your courses through an array of coaching sessions
- Blank design – for when you’re looking to create your sales funnel from the ground
Once you select from any of the blueprints for a pipeline, Kajabi automatically creates pages and emails you’ll require to create an effective sales funnel. You may customize however you would like your sales funnel to look to your customers. You can even alter the design of your checkout and landing pages, for instance you can change the theme to something different The library is filled with 40+ pages templates you can select from.
Prices and Payment Methods
Kajabi lets you integrate seamlessly with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal so that your member students are able to select between the two to pay for your classes. Stripe is a popular payment option that allows credit and debit card transactions, as well as various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal is, on the other hand, is available as an alternative for subscribers as well as multi-payment plans. There are no pressing transaction fees on Kajabi’s part, as all your earnings will be immediately transferred to your bank account.
In terms of pricing options, Kajabi offers customers a variety of pricing options of pricing options. You can choose to cost your pupils for the services at various dates (one-time or subscription and multiple payments) or give them away at no cost. You can also choose to select if you’re going to charge a set amount for a specific product or multiple products, as well as specify specific dates your students can access your products within a given period of time. Additionally, you can create coupons that will further encourage your audience to purchase any of your offers. Yoga With Tim Kajabi
Integrations with Third-Party Services
Kajabi may have a plethora of built-in features to help you make and market your courses However, you have the option of connecting to third-party applications to provide an additional boost of functions. The platform is currently able to support ten native integrations, including the popular analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier can be extremely helpful since it allows you to establish connections with hundreds of other third-party applications and tools, ranging including e-commerce and user experience.
Training and Support for Customers
When it comes to customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over its competitors because it is one of the few course creation platforms that offer 24/7 live chat support. Unlike some similar services, Kajabi’s customer support team is available to help you whenever you encounter difficulties creating an online course or website, in addition to other issues that are important, at any time and wherever. However, it’s important to note that this 24/7 support is available to instructors who subscribe to the Growth plan upwards – for basic users, live chat is available for certain times and days during the day. Nonetheless, Kajabi’s approach to customer support has been highly praised by many who use it to develop relevant courses. Yoga With Tim Kajabi
For training tools, Kajabi offers an array of options to access resources that you can learn and get used to. Kajabi Hero University Kajabi Hero University is packed with courses, tutorials and informational content that are specifically geared towards teachers and edupreneurs who want to get started or increase their position in the course creation world. You’re also invited to weekly Q&A-style educational webinars featuring leading experts from different fields as guests, plus, if you’re looking for other tips and tricks the help desk is always there to guide you in the right direction. In addition to Kajabi’s Hero University, there is Kajabi’s Hero Rewards program, where course creators are rewarded with tons of sweet perks as they reach their objectives.
What else is missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi could be an excellent all-in-one tool to design and sell your course material However, we need to look at a few crucial aspects that are missing. Most of them would have been extremely helpful to improve the experience. These are some of the things we’d like to see added to Kajabi’s system in the near future:
- Built-in tools for issuance of certificates and other credentials. Although some of them offer this option instructors who utilize Kajabi frequently will need to connect to third-party applications which specialize in issuance of certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we may appreciate the system’s handling of assessment within courses, we wish for the absence of different types of questions – plus randomization of said types that is addressed as soon as possible.
- Other payment options. As of this writing only transactions made through Stripe or PayPal can be accepted. Not only that, but we don’t appreciate how there are limits too.
- A public API key. This could have been helpful for custom integrations, like the ability to let your subscribers sign in using the single sign-in feature with other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi might have the most of the features an Edupreneur could dream of. However, due to the high cost plan, and the lack of features, it might make some people turn away. If you’re looking for alternatives that share commonalities to Kajabi in terms of performance and reliability, we’ve listed some worthy alternatives that you might think about in your decision. Yoga With Tim Kajabi
- New Zenler is an online course platform that offers all-in-one services similar to Kajabi. The only major difference is the cost beginning at just $67 per month You are able to create unlimited courses and advertise your course to the right audience without worrying about breaking the bank!
- Podia does not just claim to be creator-friendly. It’s also extremely simple to use, much easier than Kajabi! In addition, you can benefit from marketing features It’s a lot lighter than other. With the extremely affordable cost, we can imagine the ways Podia can appeal to individuals who are just starting out in the business.
- While Kajabi lacks credentials and advanced quiz features, Thinkific makes up for the shortcomings. With a beginner-friendly price range, it sure does offer greater features that the other has which includes live lesson courses and a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is similar to Thinkific in the way it operates. However, we must appreciate how Teachable is able to incorporate additional payment options, as it accepts Google Pay and Apple Pay two gateways that Kajabi doesn’t have. It also lets you utilize one-on-one coaching and other core features.
All in all, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park in terms of providing nearly all of the tools that most entrepreneurs utilize. It certainly has the basic features that everyone needs including the intuitive features needed to design a professional website to the stellar integrated marketing suite that includes the addition of simple plans for sales funnels, as well as effective marketing tools for e-mails.
There could be some tools that are missing, such as the issue of certificates, in particular. With a high cost, it may not be the right choice for the budget-conscious. We do recognize that while Kajabi is well in being an all-in-one solution for creating courses but it’s not without limitations. However, that doesn’t stop it however, from being an extremely popular choice for established creators and businesses!
If you’re still looking to find an LMS that can provide everything you require on one platform, Kajabi is something you should strongly think about.
FAQ Yoga With Tim Kajabi
What does the word Kajabi translate to?
The word “Kajabi” is derived from the word “Kajabi,” which is of Islamic (or Arabic origin that means “to take flight.”
Can I sell physical goods on Kajabi?
Yes! Aside from the usual classes, you can also sell physical items on Kajabi. You can also connect with Shopify to set up a fully functioning online store on Kajabi!
In terms of e-mail marketing is it possible Kajabi could replace MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already comes with the tools for marketing via email built within the platform, it’s natural that it’s adequate to replace third-party applications such as MailChimp. However, if you want to use the platform, Kajabi still allows you to connect it with other applications too.
Is Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi also has an app for mobile devices to ensure that you and the members who have subscribed can access your entire course content even when you’re on the go. Yoga With Tim Kajabi